CMLL (FRI) 09/16/2016 Arena México [+LuchaTV, CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Estrellita, Marcela, Sanely b Amapola, La Jarochita, La Metálica
CMLL debuts for Jarochita & Metalica (ex-Felina Metalica)
2) Blue Panther, Kahoz, Negro Navarro b Mano Negra, Solar I, Súper Astro
First time Mano Negro and his daughter (Sanely) had wrestled on same show.
3) Fuerza Guerrera, Negro Casas, Satánico b Atlantis, El Fantasma, Máscara Sagrada
4) Valiente b Bárbaro Cavernario [lightning]
Valiente replaced Dorada (who eventually apologized on Twitter and said he’d be on the Tuesday Guadalajara show.)
5) Euforia, Matt Taven, Último Guerrero b Pierroth, Rey Escorpión, Rush
Taven used the ropes to beat Rush, setting up a singles match next week.
6) Canek, Dos Caras Sr., Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
fans booed the quality of the match and left early
I didn’t see this show. Lots of people did: there was a giant turnout, one of the biggest of the year. Live reports say the fans liked the undercard matches. The fans are said to have turned on the main event, booing and walking out early. I’ve got no doubt that match wasn’t much good, I’ve seem enough of those guys elsewhere of late to know it’s not going to be any good. It’s a bit of a reality check for the guys in the match, but I guess also to the fans – I’m not sure they were surprised, or why they bought tickets for that show without knowing what they’d be getting.
CMLL & Mascara Dorada didn’t explain why he missed the match – he was happily posting on Twitter during it – but Dorada eventually said he’d be on next Tuesday’s show in Guadalajara and the Crash show in Tijuana. It’s possible WWE has put some restrictions on what Dorada can now do (and singles jobs might be part of it.) There hasn’t been any obvious restrictions on the US indie guys and Valiente actually won, so I dunno. SuperLuchas wonders if maybe Dorada suffered a slight injury on the CWC final (and also mentions his family is moving to Florida, so he’ll probably be around the NXT training center.)
Cara Lucha (FRI) 09/16/2016 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México [+LuchaTV, Estrellas del Ring, thecubsfan]
1) Imperio Negro & Ying Sang b Estrella Dorada & Hijo de Clímax
2) Sky Man b Toxin
3) Trauma I b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Rush, Black Toro
Moved to the third match. Rush was DQed for removing Trauma I’s mask. Black Tauro (ex-Taurus) did not appear until after Rush was eliminated, and Rush got away from him as Tauro ran in to attack. Pirata beat Tauro, Trauma I submitted Pirata.
4) Fly Warrior & Rayo Star b Toro Negro II & Toro Negro III andCorsario Negro & Drako
Toro Negros were eliminated first, then Fly Warrior & Rayo Star beat Negro/Drako
5) Bryan Villa, Gallo (Jalisco), Willy Banderas DQ Templario, Trauma II, Wasson
Team Muchas Luchas took 1/3, the last on apparent excessive violence DQ call (Trauma II attacking Gallito – T2 attempted to remove Gallito’s mask for a while before and after the DQ, but had to settle for Gallo’s mask instead.)
6) Danger L Makabre, Toro Negro Jr. [hair]
Makabre won his way out of the match, and Toro Negro defeated Danger for the hair win. Danger’s hair was cut in the ring.
I saw this show! Or most of it; we had a very long afternoon, but they started late and we got to Arena San Juan early in the second match. Everything we saw good, if not much great. The third match was the best match of the show for me, even with Rush going out quick. Not totally sure what the deal with Toro/Rush was; if this was a US, it’d definitely be an angle to set up a singles match where they finally fight, but there’s no telling if/when either of those guys will be back here. I’d really like to see the Rush/Pirata singles match someday, their segments were very good and they probably have a great match between them.
All the Guadalajara guys were representing Muchas Luchas and vaguely working rudo. Gallo had both his belts (still the Occidente tag belt, plus the FULL title) and was alright, but that match was the weakest of the ones I saw. It was completely built around Trauma II getting to Gallito. It came off like Gallito was supposed to be unmasked to end the match and Gallito just wasn’t giving up his mask.
Main event was pretty heated. It was a a really good turnout for a CaraLucha show. I haven’t looked too closely at the other AAA shows, but their taping drew well, and CMLL’s show drew well, so I think 09/16 just continues to be a really good day to run a wrestling show. Especially when it’s on a Friday. (Just don’t try flying into Mexico on that day.)
Segunda Caida reviews the last part of Ultima Lucha 2.
CMLL (FRI) 09/23/2016 Arena México
1) Oro Jr. & Star Jr. vs Cancerbero & Raziel
2) Fuego, Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Puma, Tiger, Virus
3) Ángel de Oro, Johnny Idol, Titán vs Bobby Z, Ephesto, Hechicero
4) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Stuka Jr. vs Shocker, Terrible, Último Guerrero
5) Rush vs Matt Taven
6) Mistico vs Negro Casas, Volador Jr., La Máscara, Dragón Lee, Cavernario, Máximo Sexy, Mephisto, Valiente, Euforia, Máscara Dorada, Dragón Rojo Jr. [Reyes del Aire]
A 10 person Reyes del Aire is smaller than usual, but they’ve got good tecnicos for the ones they have (and they have the chance for Dragon Rojo to be the kind of the air.)
Rush/Taven should be interesting. Second match could be pretty good.