CMLL (TUE) 11/21/2017 Arena México [Culticon, Wrestling With Gifs]
1) Fantasy & Stukita b Mercurio & Pequeño Olímpico
Stukita replaced Ultimo Dragoncito
2) Akuma, Espanto Jr., Templario b Astral, Flyer, Robin
Rudos took 2/3.
3) Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, Silueta b Metálica, Reyna Isis, Tiffany
Tecnicos took 1/3
4) Fuego b Pegasso [lightning]
5) Johnny Idol, Stuka Jr., Titán DQ Ephesto, Luciferno, Mr. Niebla
Ephesto fouled Stuka
6) Ángel de Oro, Marco Corleone, Niebla Roja b Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero
Sounds like the second match was surprisingly worth watching and the rest of the show was a usual CMLL b-show.
In Guadalajara, Volador gave Rush a free win in the main event, as Rush has done for Volador. Volador says he’s not interested in Los Ingobernables but that finishe suggests differently. The few comments I’ve seen on Cavernario/Dragon Lee were very positive.
CMLL announced yesterday Solar versus Virus had been added to Friday’s card. This is a quiet replacement for the challenged and announced Rayo de Jalisco/Cien Caras match. It also makes it appear that match was canceled because one or both of Rayo & Cien decided not to have the match. The replacement match will likely be much better.
CMLL also announced Okumura will now be on the Friday’s show. He takes Kraneo’s place in the tercera. This is Okumura’s first match since March; he suffered a serious neck injury while training and needed surgery in April. Okumura says usually it takes a year or a year and half to recover. He credits his quick recover to milk, gelatin, fish, calcium supplements, and multivitamins, plus a lot of neck exercise.
The Alberto/FULL benefit show did not happen. Fans arrived at the building, Gran Teatro Moliere in Mexico City, to find government signs over the door, saying “activities have been suspended”. That’s the standard message when the Mexico government has closed a building for one reason or another, and not specific. The only statement from the building was a statement that the show was canceled and they’d offer refunds today. No one from the theater was present last night. Gran Teatro Moliere is normally a theater/music venue. The theory is they weren’t approved to host a wrestling event because of lack of security, but it sounds like different sides are giving different explanations and blaming each other.
Alberto gave an emotional speech to the press, talking about the cancellation. His version is his people came to the building on Saturday, saw the suspended signs, but were assured by the people in charge that it was only a temporary thing. (In another version, Tinieblas says there was actually a show there on Sunday too.) They returned Tuesday to find that not the case. They tried contacted the local Delegacion Miguel Hidalgo government to see if things could be fixed at the last second, and were told now. Alberto was angry at that, feeling he was defeated by the corruption that exists in Mexico and suggested he’d run the show in San Antonio where he would be free of those issues. Later, they indicated there would be announcement Thursday about a new venue and a new date for the show. Alberto told a story about a child who was now an orphan that he met in a restaurant and promised that this show would help him pay for his college education. Alberto showed off special Under Armor t-shirts they had made to raise money at the show. Alberto posted a supportive note on Instagram that started with a quote but also included emojis.
This goes down as another strange situation with Alberto. In the US, where his scandals have seemed to have more sticking power, people are going to see this as another weird Alberto story. In Mexico, Alberto’s image in Mexico is still strong and enough people have had issues with the government to believe they’re really at fault.
Zoom Driver took Mr. Tauro’s mask on the CWF 10th Anniversary show in Hidalgo. Mr. Tauro is Paulo Sergio Sánchez Anaya. Taylor Wolf lost his hair in a cage match to Hijo de Coco Amarillo.
+LuchaTV’s podcast had Silueta, Keyra, Lady Maravilla and Dhani Ledesma of Lucha Memes as guests.
Segunda Caida reviews Lucha Underground episode 3×21 (the one with the ending of the Mundo/Mack match.)
CMLL (MON) 11/27/2017 Arena Puebla
1) Espíritu Maligno, Meyer, Vega vs Joker, King Jaguar, Sombra Diabólika
2) Black Tiger, Oro Jr., Robin vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Policeman, Rey Apocalipsis
3) Blue Panther Jr., Rey Samuray, The Panther vs El Malayo, Felino, Misterioso Jr.
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Valiente vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Pierroth
5) Carístico, Mistico, Rush vs Máscara Año 2000, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
why is Mascara 2000 still a thing. Rush and UG matched up again. There are no good matches on this show.
CMLL (TUE) 11/28/2017 Arena México
1) Bengala & Sonic vs Artillero & Espanto Jr.
2) Magia Blanca, Star Jr., Starman vs Disturbio, Sangre Azteca, Templario
3) Blue Panther Jr., Drone, The Panther vs Misterioso Jr., Sagrado, Tiger
4) Vangellys vs Pólvora [lightning]
5) Johnny Idol, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Okumura
6) Mistico, Rush, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Tecnico/Tecnicos matches for no reason lead to rudo/rudo matches for no reason. Templario gets a second week in a row (which at one point was against the rules for rookies), with Magia Blanca back. Main event has the developing Rush/Volador situation, plus Msitico’s shown signs of wanting to be on his brother’s team in the past.
CMLL (TUE) 11/28/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Capitán Cobra & Mágico vs El Chakal & Sádico
2) Explosivo, Fiero, Magnus vs Frezzer, Grako, Yago
3) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Metálica, Reyna Isis
4) Ángel de Oro, Esfinge, Titán vs Puma, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
5) Marco Corleone, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. vs Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
I want to see the segunda but we probably won’t. Just a random mix of people elsewhere. This’ll be the last show before the bodybuilding contest.