Recapped: 08/04/2015. Angel de Oro and Polvora get a lot of time, eventually make use of it. (more…)
- Kind of wonder how they’ll get the long half of TripleMania all in 90 minutes on AAA. They didn’t do much editing on the first half. They’ll probably do some this time.
- Friday night’s clarosports is going to be a thing. Maybe I’ll even record it correctly.
- CMLL’s first run TV looks very blah this week. Sky Team title defense is probably the best match.
- Join CMLL on YouTube Monday night when Ultimo Guerrero does a front superplex, a super powerbomb and maybe a Guerrero Special in exactly that order.
CMLL (TUE) 08/25/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Évola & Relampago b Explosivo & Reycko
2) Estrellita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit b Dallys la Caribeña, La Comandante, La Seductora
Dalys replaced Tiffany.
3) Metálico, Okumura, Sangre Azteca b Omar Brunetti, Stigma, The Panther
Metalico and Omar continue to feud, Metalico fouled Omar and got away with it for the win. Omar wanted a hair match but Metalico said Omar hadn’t proven himself and wasn’t that good, but he could have a lightning match instead.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Shocker b Blue Panther, Rey Cometa, Valiente
Dragon Rojo replaced Negro Casas. Rudos took 2/3.
5) Marco Corleone, Super Porky, Volador Jr. DQ Ephesto, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
Niebla fouled Marco.
Negro Casas continues to miss shows; his status for Friday seems questionable at best.
Dark Angel announced on CMLL Informa that she was leaving the promotion and Mexico after a final match on the Anniversary show. MedioTiempo has the key quotes, LuchaWorld recaps the whole interview. The news was wildly discussed, with an article making it to ESPN’s Mexico site. Sarah Stock was positive about her ten plus years in the promotion, rating her experiences 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. She was also sad to be making this announcement, tearing up during the interview, but spoke of other opportunities elsewhere. Dark Angel said she’d have a match on the Anniversary which would be announced soon and had a few other appearances between now and September 18th, but the Anniversary show match would be it. She did not rule out ever returning to Mexico but made it clear she doesn’t expect to be back for a long time if ever.
Sarah Stock did not want to talk specifically about her opportunities elsewhere, but it almost certainly a non-wrestling job with WWE. (It’s WWE protocol never to talk publicly about going there.) She’s expected to be heading to NXT developmental group to work as a trainer. She’s traveled there to work as a guest trainer multiple times this year and it appears it was a good fit for both sides. The NXT trainers generally do not also wrestle, so next month is likely the last time we’ll get to see her in a real match for a long time if ever.
We in lucha libre land still get Dark Angel for a few more matches, so I don’t want to say goodbye yet. It’s notable CMLL is allowing her to say this goodbye. Getting to actually say farewell and having a final match promoted as such is uncommon, and speaks to how much people in CMLL must appreciate what Dark Angel added to their promotion.
There are a lot of reports (and video) from the Ring and Rock press conference that clear up some things I was confused on. It’ll be the show on 09/13 at the Hard Rock that’ll be the taping, and they hope to draw 4,500 people between hotel patrons and local fans. It doesn’t appear they announced the full lineup for the show, but it’s the same guys as the show two days prior in Cancun. Maybe something like…
(total guess/not confirmed except for the main event)
Murder Clown, Faby Apache, Goya Kong vs La Hiedra, Taya, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
Angélico, Jack Evans, vs Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr.
Drago, La Parka vs Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr.
Fénix, Psycho Clown, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Brian Cage, El Mesías, Myzteziz – announced as the main event
These events are being promoted with Mexican boxing promoter Pepe Gomez, who talked about wanting to expand into lucha libre shows (in the Cancun area.) He mentioned a plan to run a combination lucha libre/boxing show in December. I’ve seen that run on low level Mexican shows maybe once or twice a month, but no one’s combined those two on one event at a high level in recent memory. Gomez noted some people might think this idea is crazy, but notes it’s been doing in the distant passed. Rey Mysterio said he’d be interested in taking part. Putting aside the strangeness of this concept, it hasn’t seemed like AAA (or CMLL or anyone else) has had an effective promoter in Cancun/Quintana Roo for quite a while, so maybe this’ll open up the area for more shows.
Mysterio was asked about Myzteziz wearing the Perros del Mal shirt at the end of TripleMania and downplayed it, saying it probably Myzteziz trying to get in his head and send a message. From what I understand, Myzteziz going into Perros del Mal was not a direction AAA was planning on going and that thing may never be mentioned again. They’re still pushing the idea of maybe doing a mask/mask match between the two. I think people are pretty willing to overlook Rey being unmasked before because they want the ‘real’ Rey and the real Rey has a mask, but I’m skeptical about them being okay wagering it again.
They also had the luchadors model the new shirts from the AAA store. AAA’s deal with Kichink (the web store) was hyped, and I’d guess they’re the people who are going to be running the social media and redoing the website soon.
Local promoters for Heroes Inmortales announced Johnny Mundo & Alberto el Patron will be on the card. Most expensive ticket will be 1200 pesos. They’ve also got photos from the Victoria sponsored show in the same San Luis Potosi dome this past week.
Alberto el Patron was announced as an announcer for MMA promotion Combate Americas, which will air in the US on NBC Universo (formerly mun2). This was one of the groups trying to talk Alberto into coming back for one more fight, but he’ll instead be talking about it. The first show is scheduled for September 17th and the second for November 19th, so this isn’t something that’ll Alberto away from his other jobs all that much.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida reviews Ultima Lucha part 2, though something’s gone wrong with the text formatting.
SuperLuchas looks back to Cavernario Galindo and Halcon Negro having a terrible apuesta match
Vampiro, who earlier said he was going to Europe in January, now says he’s not going to Europe because no of promoters wanted to pay for his plane ticket. Vampiro announced he was coming back for one last tour after his Pentagon match aired, but the message reads like he hasn’t gotten the interest from the promoters he hoped.
The Panther says he hopes to be on the anniversary show against the Boricuas or the Casas family.
Chicago’s GALLI promotion will have a voter registration drive as part of their show this Sunday.
CaraLucha has added Aramis vs Shadow vs Templario vs Rey Lobo Jr. to it’s 08/30 show.
Luchador Diosa Quetzal is also a musician (so she’s got two underpaid talents!)
CMLL (TUE) 09/01/2015 Arena México
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Camorra & Espanto Jr.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
4) The Panther vs Okumura [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Titán, Tritón vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Sangre Azteca
6) Máximo, Mistico, Rush vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
There is a show next Tuesday after all. We came this close to Cadena3 airing two hours of edecan interviews. Looks like Mistico is supposed to be back, but check again Monday afternoon.
Sangre Azteca working the semimain looks weird. He and Dragon Rojo didn’t like each other last we checked.
That’s a pretty boring primera even by usual Tuesday standards.
IWRG RETRO (WED) 09/23/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Cat Man & Mr. Libra vs Epidemia &Heavy Boy
2) Gato Felix, Gato Reyes, Roy Reyes vs Macho I, Macho II, Macho III
3) Avisman, Bestia Rubia, Star Boy vs Cirujano, Judas el Traidor, Zonik 2000
4) Orito, Pantera I, Panterita vs Bombero Infernal, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
5) Mega, Omega, Supermega, Ultraman vs Comando Delta, Comando Gama, Comando Mega, Comando Stone
Benefit show for Grillo featuring IWRG luchadors of about ten decades ago. This is kind of like the annual “everyone gets to go back to their old gimmick for one night” show they do, except it’s a lot of people who used to be in IWRG and aren’t now (and some don’t appear to be wrestling much of anywhere now.)
I haven’t watched Tiger/Fuego. Sorry! This is the last week of Lucha Underground Season 1.
|excellent||Mil Muertes vs Prince Puma © [Lucha Underground Championship]||Lucha Underground: 2015-08-05||2015-04-19|
|great||Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Volador Jr. vs La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Rush||CMLL Lucha Azteca: 2015-08-01||2015-07-17|
|great||Último Guerrero vs Rey Escorpión for the hair||CMLL Lucha Azteca: 2015-08-01||2015-07-17|
|great||Volador Jr. vs La Sombra||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
|great||Johnny Mundo vs Alberto el Patrón||Lucha Underground: 2015-08-05||2015-04-19|
|great||Fénix vs King Cuerno, Big Ryck, Aerostar, Sexy Star, Jack Evans, Bengala [Gift of the Gods]||Lucha Underground: 2015-08-05||2015-04-19|
|good||Ángel de Oro © vs Pólvora for the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship||CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-08-01||2015-07-28|
|good||Marcela vs Amapola in a lightning match||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
|good||Pentagón Jr. vs Vampiro in a hardcore rules match||Lucha Underground: 2015-08-05||2015-04-19|
|ok||Goya Kong, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito vs Carta Brava Jr., Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie||AAA on Televisa: 2015-08-01||2015-07-03|
|ok||Angélico & Jack Evans vs Hijo del Fantasma & Joe Lider||AAA on Televisa: 2015-08-01||2015-07-03|
|ok||Brian Cage & El Patrón Alberto vs Blue Demon Jr. & Villano IV||AAA on Televisa: 2015-08-01||2015-07-03|
|ok||La Vaquerita, Marcela, Skadi vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis||CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-08-01||2015-07-28|
|ok||Delta, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Hechicero, Rey Escorpión||CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-08-01||2015-07-28|
|ok||Bárbaro Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Atlantis, La Máscara, Titán||CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-08-01||2015-07-28|
|ok||Black Tiger, Robin, Zaeta Roja vs Espíritu Maligno, Guerrero Espacial, Saurón||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
|ok||Lestat, Magnus, Pegasso vs Cancerbero, King Jaguar, Raziel||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
|ok||Ángel de Oro, Titán, Valiente vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Pólvora||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
|ok||Blue Demon vs Texano Jr. [no DQ]||Lucha Underground: 2015-08-05||2015-04-19|
|bad||Atlantis, La Máscara, Último Guerrero vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Rey Escorpión in a relevos increíbles match||CMLL Internet Exclusives: 2015-08-03||2015-08-03|
CMLL (TUE) 08/25/2015 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Apocalipsis & Espanto Jr. b Bengala & Robin
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito b Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Starman, Súper Halcón Jr. DQ Cancerbero, Nitro, Raziel
Hombre Bala was injured in the second fall. Rudo were DQed for excessive violence in the third.
4) Zeuxis b Dark Angel [lightning]
Zeuxis used the ropes to win.
5) Cavernario, Rey Bucanero, Terrible b Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Tritón
6) La Máscara, Máximo, Titán DQ Gran Guerrero, Kamaitachi, Último Guerrero
La Mascara replaced Mistico on Monday. Gran Guerrero fouled Maximo for the DQ.
There’s no lineup listed for next week, which is very strange. Maybe it’s just coming later.
Dark Angel says she has a big announcement today. I hope she’s announcing CMLL will hire non-blind referees.
Texas based luchador Doverman passed away after an extreme style match on June 28. The exact injury isn’t mentioned, and it’s only mentioned he and his unnamed opponent bled a lot. He died at the hospital. He was 43.
AAA has a TV taping on 10/17 (Saturday) in Reynosa with Rey Mysterio Jr. That’s a quick return to Reynosa after taping there in late May. They paired that taping with another in Nuevo Laredo, maybe they’ll do it again. There’s more AAA TV info in the lineups.
Bestia 666 has been telling people Familia de Tijuana is coming back to Arena Mexico as part of the Park/Wagner indy invasion. This is a wait and see news item.
RobViper has a music video 04/10/15 CMLL.
Segunda Caida reviews Trauma II vs Blue Panther.
ESTO has a history of 82 years of lucha libre piece about a month early.
La Secta says they’ll win in Tehuacan because they’re the most experienced of the three teams in the tag match.
IWRG (SUN) 08/30/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Adrenalina & Galaxy vs Alas de Acero & Voltar
2) Aeroman, Dragon Bane, Kanon vs Acero, Hip Hop Man, Ramss El Carnero
3) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs El Golpeador, Oficial AK47, Rayan, Spector
4) Hijo del Pantera & Pantera © vs Diablo Jr. I & El Hijo del Diablo [IWRG IC TAG]
Panteras first defense.
5) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Barba Roja, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan
Dragon Bane & Golpeador are from Arena Aficion; Dragon Bane is very young. No idea why Ramss is. Good to see the Ninja Turtles back here.
CMLL (TUE) 09/01/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Magnum & Metatrón vs Exterminador & Maléfico
2) Esfinge, Pegasso, Starman vsCancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Omar Brunetti vs Metálico [lightning]
4) Ángel de Oro, Stuka Jr., Super Porkyvs Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Terrible
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Valiente vsMr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
Omar/Metalico continues on. That hair match would make sense on the expected 09/16 holiday show. (What are they going to do with Informa if the Tuesday Arena Mexico show is pushed back a day? These are the important matters.)
AAA (FRI) 09/11/2015 Plaza de Toros, Cancún, Quintana Roo
1) Murder Clown & Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma & Texano Jr.
2) Faby Apache & Goya Kong vs La Hiedra & Taya
3) Drago, Fénix, La Parka vs Brian Cage, El Mesías, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
4) Angélico, Jack Evans, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Joe Lider, Myzteziz, Pentagón Jr.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/13/2015 Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo
1) Fénix, Psycho Clown, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Brian Cage, El Mesías, Myzteziz
AAA announced both these lineups at a press conference promoting the Hard Rock hotel show. Not sure what exactly is going to be on TV; the Hard Rock show usually is, but they’re usually not running a TV taping two days prior. The full Hard Rock card does not appear to be announced but will probably be just about the same talent lineup as the show two days prior.
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7SJfUAaR7NcbQqRQYs7ls_e
C3’s usual stream didn’t work. I got the backup stream working during the second match. I should have a full version of that, and the HD version of Azteca, later on Tuesday. Watch this space.
Edit: I’ve added HD versions of the Azteca matches.
Edit 2: I’ve added TV versions of the C3 matches, including a complete version of the segunda.
CMLL (SUN) 08/23/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Quca & Relampago b El Tapatío & Johnny Dinamo
2) El Alteño, León Blanco, Metatrón b El Gitano, Gran Kenut, Tigre Blanco
Tigre Blanco (from Mazatlan, not the CMLL wrestler) replaced Furia Roja. Metatron beat Gitano.
3) Exterminador & Furia Roja DQ Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
Furia Roja replaced Malefico (too hurt to wrestle), which was a problem since Furia Roja is trios champion with the Truenos. Furia betrayed Exterminador, but the Truenos got DQed for excessive violence. Thunder Boy & Malefico made the save, setting up a trios title match.
4) Antrax Infernal, Príncipe Kisho, Terremoto King Jr. b Esfinge, Gallo, Magnum
Terremoto King Jr. replaced Kempo Dragon on Friday and Antrax Infernal replaced Relampago on the day of the show. The Mazatlan rudos got the win when Kisho stripped pulled Esfinge’s mask and pinned him.
5) Frezzer b El Yaqui [mask]
Yaqui took the first, was DQed in the second for excessive violence, and he got cradled when trying a leglock in the third fall. This is Freezer’s first mask win. Yaqui is Juan José Ramos, 28 years old, 6 a luchador, from Guadalajara.
There’s a lot more storylines going on these shows than in recent past (or a week of CMLL DF shows, which is another indication CMLL’s letting the local people do whatever they’d like with this weekly show.) Everything seems to make sense, so you only hope it’s working.
CMLL (MON) 08/24/2015 Arena Puebla [CMLL]
1) Astro, Asturiano, Stukita b Ares, Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
Stukita replaced Angelito on Monday. Tecnicos took 2/3 in the best match of the night.
2) La Comandante, Tiffany, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Lluvia, Marcela
Rudas took 2/3.
3) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky DQ Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Volador moved up to replace Mascara (and Mascara replaced Mistico). Usual Alvarado special, with them taking 2/3 and Niebla unmasking Mascara for the DQ.
4) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b La Sombra, Valiente, Volador Jr.
Sombra and Volador had minor skirmishes, but didn’t completely fall apart. Sombra was busier fighting with UG, who beat him in the third (Guerreros took 1/3) with a Pulpo Guerrero. UG challenged Sombra to a title match next week, and Sombra accepted.
5) Atlantis b Mephisto © [MEX LH]
Atlantis took falls 2/3, the last with the Atlantida, to win the title. Mephisto falls in his 14th defense after a two year reign.
A skippable show. Opener was the best match and even then they were stuck with the usual opener restrictions. Super Porky, Maximo and La Mascara matches are over with the crowd and I totally understand why they keep doing them but, as a person watching matches to find something interesting, I never really need to watch another one of them again. Atlantis has a limited amount of stuff he can do at this point and needs a dynamic performer to go against him. Mephsito kinda of needs the same thing.
Two title changes in August switch hands, but Atlantis & Mephisto both remain champions and CMLL gets to it’s magic 16 champions number. The trade off is Ephesto & Luciferno are champions instead of Guerrero Maya & Delta, which is not an upgrade.
CMLL’s main event today has La Mascara, Maximo, and Titan versus Gran Guerrero, Kamaitachi and Ultimo Guerrero. The preview wonders if Mascara and Maximo will get along; in reality, they have few problems with each other as long as Sombra & Rush aren’t around. The lightning match is Dark Angel versus Zeuxis, a first time ever singles match which sounds fun.
An IWRG news update announces a few upcoming shows: the Gran Cruzado (second Rey del Ring match) on 09/06, the all championships match show on 10/04 and “Guerra de Empressa” on 10/18.
Angelico & Psycho Clown defeated Texano Jr. & Hijo del Fantasma in Guadalajara. Arena Jalisco looks full or close to it.
Alberto el Patron will defend the WWL Heavyweight Championship against Mesias in Puerto Rico on September 19.
DTU is teasing a one time only thing involving Los Nerds for their September 17th show. My guess is they’re not going to do their homework.
Konnan made a gossip column for putting a hand on a female TV presenter as a joke, and she screamed at him. Konnan is reported as saying something like “you’re not that good”, which caused her to explode on him. The story is more about how often this sort of thing happens to female TV presenters than Konnan.
I can’t recall if I’ve noted this before, but there’s a luchador bodybuilding contest this weekend in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera. It’s the CMLL bodybuilding contest, but open to everyone (so AAA and indy people), where the prizes are money instead of a vague idea of a better spot on the card. Also, Gronda XXX.
CMLL (SUN) 08/30/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Linterna & Mr. Apolo vs Black Sugar & Mercenario
2) Capitan Cobra, El Alteño, Reycko vs Demonio Rojo, Mr. Brisa, Relampago
Demonio Rojo replaced Gitano on Tuesday.
3) León Blanco, Nube Roja, Toro Negro vs El Chakal, El Gitano, Évola
Gitano replaced Thunder Boy on Tuesday.
4) Darkfire, Frezzer, Omar Brunetti vs El Yaqui, Joker, Payaso Infernal
Darkfire replaced Nautilius, Payaso Infenral replaced Sadico on Tuesday.
5) Furia Roja, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno vs Exterminador, Maléfico, Thunder Boy [OCCIDENTE TRIOS]
Furia Roja & Thunder Boy added to the match when it was changed from Super Libre to a Trios Title match on Tuesday. First defense
I posted this previously, but it’s changed around a fair bit after Sunday’s show to accommodate the trios title match.
Darkfire (usually Dark Fire) and Payaso Infernal are more guys in from Sinaloa.
CMLL (MON) 08/31/2015 Arena Puebla
1) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Skadi vs La Seductora, Tiffany, Zeuxis
2) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Kamaitachi, Morphosis, Okumura
3) Blue Panther, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Ripper
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
5) La Sombra © vs Último Guerrero [NWA MIDDLE]
Sombra’s seventh defense
No locals on the show, which is a very rare event. They really should add one, since five matches turns out to be a short show and there’s a lot of matches which don’t need the time or shouldn’t get the time.
ChilangaMask (SUN) 09/06/2015 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México
1) Astro Rey Jr. & Psycho Kid vs Dragón Fly & Hijo Del Angel
2) Fulgor I, Fulgor II, Inmortal vs Alas de Acero, Aramis, Iron Kid and Arez, Belial, Impulso
3) Karma vs Black Drago
4) Black Terry & Jeque vs Caifan & Tigre Universitario
5) Aero Boy & Masada (CZW) vs Cíclope & Pagano and Ray Rowe & Violento Jack
6) Silueta vs India Sioux
Full card for the next ChilangaMask show. I’d assume the hardcore match goes last. Less CMLL people (only really Silueta) but a lot of indy people who should have good matches.