taped 2014-08-26 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
CMLL (TUE) 11/18/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Shockercito & Stukita b Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Star Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. b Canelo Casas, El Rebelde, Nitro
The rarely seen Rebelde replaced Guerrero Negro Jr.
3) Dragon Lee, Fuego, Tritón DQ Cancerbero, Okumura, Raziel
Okumura replaced Zavala. Raziel pulled Triton’s mask for the DQ.
4) Zeuxis b Estrellita © [lightning]
Originally a title match, downgraded to a lightning match during the week. Zexuis won with the caballete and challenged again for a title match.
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Stuka Jr. b Ephesto, Hechicero, Hombre sin Nombre
Tecnicos took 2/3.
6) La Máscara, Super Porky, Titán b Euforia, Negro Casas, Niebla Roja
Tecnicos took 2/3.
This is now the second time where Zeuxis and Estrellita started a feud for Estrellita’s title, then the match got canceled before it happened. It’s very strange.
CMLL (TUE)11/18/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara[@acogdl]
1) El Brillante & Virgob Acertijo & Sádico
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Metálico, Ráfaga b Leo, Omar Brunetti, Soberano Jr.
Rudos took 2/3
3) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado bDelta, Gallo, Guerrero Maya Jr.
Rudos took 1/3. Sagrado beat Gallo with a hard powerbomb, and Gallo was stretchered out.
4) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Valiente DQBárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Thunder
straight falls, Thunder fouling Marco.
5) Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero b Atlantis & Máscara Dorada
Rudos took 1/3, UG sneaking in a foul on Atlantis once again.
Teases for singles matches in the top three matches, and one actually happens next week.
Tonight’s Lucha Underground show is titled “Thrill of the Hunt.” The TV description is “Sexy Star returns to fight Ivelisse; Cueto confronts Drago; Konnan warns Puma against interfering with Mundo’s fight against Big Ryck; Sexy Star seeks vengeance on Chavo.” That Drago/Cueto confrontation is shown in the weekly El Rey teaser.
There were four matches taped for the show. They’ve only aired three a show previously, which is how they’ve had time to have one really good match a show. Sexy Star/Ivelisse and Ryck/Mundo are listed there in the preview. Drago vs the debuting King Cuerno is at least teased. Pentagon Jr. vs Fenix isn’t mentioned at all. I assume it’s still airing, because it’s good and everyone would want to see them after last week, but if they had to cut one for any reason that’d be the one they could. More likely, the matches are all going to be about the 4-6 minute range and the show might have a little different flow to it.
Last week’s Lucha Underground on El Rey went down. I’m making you click the link to find out because someone should visit the people who actually find the numbers and because the exact numbers are still in the “irrelevant” range. Of much more interest, the Torch also tracked down the Unimas numbers, which are in the 175,000 viewers range. That’s lower than I thought it would be (250K), though it might be on par with what the Galavision TV shows were doing at the end if I remember right. (This is an important reminder about social media too; the El Rey show gets about 50x the Twitter traffic as the Unimas show, but the Unimas show is watched by about 10x as many people.)
CMLL held a press conference today, as Rob correctly predicted last night. The expected 12/05 Infierno en el Ring cage match was announced, with the following field
- Blue Panther
- Rey Bucanero
- Ultimo Guerrero
- Marco Corelone
Half the guys signed the contracts at the press conference the other half will do so Informa. Felino and Rey Bucanero look like the favorites to lse, with Terrible (who loses a lot, might have noted that) and Cavernario (who’s not been grouped in with the guys before) also possible. Volador and Marco seem like favorites to win, though UG and Maximo would also provide some drama.
Shocker claimed Rush was scared and broke his leg to get out of the match. Rush probably should’ve broken it slightly less; he’s going to have surgery on Thursday and his return time is now estimated to be around 3 months. That means he’s spending the winter on crutches and definitely not going to Japan.
Rush’s brother, Mistico, also appeared for a health update of sorts. Mistico broke his leg in May and was originally supposed to be returning around this point. Instead, Mistico gave up his CMLL Welterweight Championship, asking for a title shot on his return. A tournament will be held soon. This news suggests Mistico is not that close to a return.
Cachorro and Black Panther announced they would be changing names. Cachorro will now be known as The Panther and Black Panther will be Blue Panther Jr. Both men showed off new masks. I’m not thrilled with the Cachorro name change. There are at least three other people using Cachorro around Mexico, so maybe one of them was an issue. Still, “the Panther” is only slightly better than “Hijo de Blue Panther.”
Other notes: Arena Coliseo will be closed from 12/14 to 01/11 with all Sunday events taking place in Arena Mexico. The 12/12 show (the week after Infierno en el Ring) will have free admission to all women named Guadalupe. The bodybuilding contest was officially announced for 11/26 (a week from today); there’s no mention of admission for fans and it seems played down compared to previous years. CMLL will send matches to a benefit show for the annual Teleton on 12/06.
Today’s CMLL Informa is scheduled to have Francisco Cruz (to talk about the bodybuilding contest), La Mascara & Sombra (to talk about the future of the Ingobernables with no Rush) and Volador, Barbaro, and Ultimo Guerrero (to talk about Infierno en el Ring.) CMLL’s going about 50/50 on having the guests they list, but I’m sure Ultimo Guerrero will be there. Marco is #1 on this week’s top 10, Esfinge in #10.
AAA teased a Guerra de Titanes match announcement at any minute, but hasn’t said anything and I’d like to be done with this. Let’s say it’s Aerostar vs Super Fly in a mask vs mask match, because that sounds pretty likely, and then make fun of me in the comments when I’m wrong.
Tercera Caida is off this week and the next due to the Central American games (the same event which has pre-empted Puebla and IWRG.) They’ll be continuing to post a ton of material on the mLuchaTV channel.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Ultimo Guerrero & Blue Panther vs Black Terry & Solar, which he called the best match he’s seen this year.
DoradaFan has highlights of 09/02/14 CMLL.
LuchaWorld has this week’s
KrisZ’s news update Lucha Azteca recap.
CaraLuchas has a Veneno promo for the 11/29 show.
CMLL posted highlights of their 11/14 show.
Segunda Caida reviews Héctor Garza, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs La Máscara, Místico, Negro Casas
Arkangel and Solar meet for Arkangel’s FULL (Chile) title at the end of the month.
Super Crazy is teasing bringing two friends of his from WWE to NOAH. I assume Juvi is constantly checking his phone.
IWRG (SUN) 11/23/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Saruman vs Araña de Plata & Hip Hop Man
2) Dragón Celestial, Emperador Azteca, Septimo Dragon vs Liderk, Rayan, Spartan
3) Diva Salvaje & Miss Gaviota vs Golden Magic & Relámpago and Canis Lupus & Eterno and Trauma I & Trauma II [IWRG IC TAG, #1 Contenders]
4) Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 © vs ? & ?? [IWRG IC TAG]
winner of the previous match immediatly gets the title match. Oficials 3rd Defense
5) Hijo De Dos Caras, Toscano, Veneno vs Chicano, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr.
I’m assuming the exoticos get the title shot, because that seems like the weirdest possible outcome.
CMLL (TUE) 11/25/2014 Arena México
1) Metatrón & Robin vs Akuma & Camorra
2) Fantasy, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero, Okumura, Raziel
4) Tritón vs Kamaitachi [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragon Lee, Stuka Jr. vs Hombre sin Nombre, Pólvora, Virus
6) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Hechicero, Mephisto
Shouldn’t Triton be facing Raizel in the lightning match? Ah, requires paying attention.
A good looking card, with hope for pretty much everything that makes TV and Cavernario & Hechicero both getting main events. Virus and Dragon Lee continue to run into each other in trios, may eventually have that title match.
CMLL (TUE) 11/25/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Sky Kid & Smaker vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Lluvia, Marcela, Skadi vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
3) Gallo vs Sagrado
4) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Misterioso Jr., Puma, Tiger
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Valiente vs Felino, Negro Casas, Thunder
Gallo and Sagrado have their match while Thunder/Marco continues in the main event. (No sign of Atlantis/UG, which is OK.) Semimain could be good depending on what Misterioso contributes.
DTU (FRI) 12/05/2014 Arena Coliseo Cordobés, Córdoba, Veracruz
1) Los Porritos vs Chiqui Nerds, Masazito
2) Malakariado I, Malakariado II, Malakariado III vs Black Baby, Principe Infernal, Sepultura
3) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Hacker, Jhonky, Optimus
4) Ringo Acosta & Rockero Tri vs Lazzerman & Super Orion Jr.
5) Artikus, Laneloth, Rocky Lobo vs Aero Power, Angel Azul, Ferrari Ult. Gen.
6) Crazy Boy & Gremlin vs Drastik Boy & Vengador and Cotty Santiago & Low Rider
7) Jinzo © vs Super Marco, Septimo Dragon, Chica Ye-Ye [VERACRUZ LH]
8) Miedo Extremo & Ovett vs Cíclope & Slayer Pack and Ángel o Demonio & Black Fire
DTU is rolling their 7even tour cards out one by one. They’re mostly just DTU cards, but posting this because Jinzo is a champion and I think he won it on 10/05 in this same arena.
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-09-06
Fantasy, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito: [GOOD]
Lluvia, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, La Seductora: [GOOD]
Dragon Lee vs Virus: [GOOD]
Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Titán vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Shocker: [GOOD]
a rare Cadena3 where I liked almost everything!
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
– CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-09-06
– CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-09-06
I’m still on TripleMania. Is it hilarious I’m this far behind in posting these?
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL on Terra: 2014-09-07
taped 2014-09-07 @ Arena Coliseo
Pequeño Olímpico © vs Astral for the CMLL World Pequeño Estrellas Championship
CMLL Puebla: 2014-09-07
taped 2014-08-11 @ Arena Puebla
Molotov, Paris, Star Jr. vs Rey Apocalipsis, Siki Ozama Jr., Toro Bill Jr.:
Eléctrico vs Espíritu Maligno in a lightning match:
Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus:
CMLL (MON) 11/17/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (Fotos)]
1) Centauro de Fuego, Guerrero Espacial, Inquisidor b Black Tiger, Milenium, Robin
2) Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela
3) Boby Zavala, Kamaitachi, Okumura b Dragon Lee, Rey Cometa, Stigma
Zavala beat Cometa
4) Máscara Dorada, Titán, Valiente DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Mephisto, Pólvora
Mephisto fouled Valiente.
5) Atlantis b Shocker
Atlantis won with a huracarrana.
Today’s Arena Mexico has no title match; it’s now a lightning match with Estrellita and Zeuxis. Maybe next week. Main event is Mascara, Porky, and Titan vs Euforia, Negro Casas and Niebla Roja. Dragon Lee, Fuego, Titan vs Boby Zavala, Cancerbero and Raziel has the best chance to be good.
Atlantis & Dorada vs Gran & Ultimo Guerrero headline Arena Coliseo Guadalajara – which may mean that’s not a TV match. 52MX has skipped either the biggest match of the show (Rey Bucanero/Maximo) or the actual main event the last three weeks. Three weeks suggests it’s not match quality issue but a decision to “protect” the big matches by not giving them away on TV. Except, there’s no particular advertising for Arena Coliseo Guadalajara or for those matches, so the casual fan likely believes the show just has gotten worse – lesser stars and no angles if they keep it this way. (For our purposes, they’re trading a Mascara Dorada appearance for a Soberano one, more or less, and I’m guessing Maximo/Casas won’t air this weekend.)
Pentagon Jr. is really happy with Lucha Underground and the reaction it’s gotten. A Lucha Underground commercial aired on WWE RAW, at least on the DirecTV broadcast.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Guerrero Maya & Hechicero vs Trauma I & Trauma II
Rob has a music video of 07/22/14 CMLL.
LuchaWorld has this week’s Poster-Mania.
Mr. Nice defeated Monje Negro Jr. for his hair using a hold that LuchaMania Monterrey describes as “only god knows [what it was supposed to be].”
IWRG FILL (WED) 11/19/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Pequeno Pumita, Vadeus, Voltan vs Mercenario De La Muerte, Pequeno Mercenario, Skanda
2) Chicanito, Dragón Blanco, Fly Tiger vs Guerrero 2000, Sexy Girl, Último Caballero
3) Adrenalina, Aguila Oriental, Mardux vs Charly Boy, Ojo De Tigre, Psique
4) Payaso De Plata, Payaso Extremo, Vampiro Metálico vs Black Cobra, Black Niko, Galaxy
5) Atomic Star, Hip Hop Man, Magnum 44 vs Aramis, Black Angel, Sky Ángel
6) Alfa, Anubis Black, Araña de Plata, Dragón Celestial, Electro Boy, Omega, Power Bull, Saruman vs Arkanos, Balack, Danger King, Energia, Impacto, Principe Negro, Rayo Star, Skull Metal[Copa High Power]
Torneo FILL XXXVI. FILL/Black Terry vs Sexy Gym/Dr. Cerbero.
Trainee show. Chicanito must be thrilled that Chicano is back. I wonder if/how the Gringos will wreck things for Doc Cerbero.
CMLL (MON) 11/24/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Metatrón & Tigre Rojo vs Fuerza Chicana & Hijo del Signo
2) Dark Angel, La Vaquerita, Marcela vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
3) Black Panther, Fuego, Pegasso vs Cancerbero, Okumura, Raziel
4) Máscara Dorada, Titán, Valiente vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Mephisto, Pólvora
5) Ephesto, Negro Casas, Thunder vs La Máscara, Super Porky, Volador Jr.
A show! Dark Angel is back. Semimain should be good.
AAA TV (MON) 11/17/2014 Domo de la Feria, Leon, Guanajuato [AAA]
1) Ludxor & Venum b Apache & Carta Brava Jr.
Two man Spanish Fly on Apache.
2) Dinastía & Mini Drago b Mini Murder Clown & Mini Psycho Clown
Dinastia beat Murder Clown. A Dinastia fan ran in to celebrate with him – but then turned on Dinastia and pulled off his mask to reveal himself as Mini Charly Manson. Hijo del Tirantes, who was evil on this show, helped out.
3) Demon Rocker, Joe Lider, Taya Valkyrie b Bengala, Drago, Faby Apache
Joe Lider beat Faby Apache with a piledriver.
4) Pentagón Jr. & Súper Fly b Aerostar & Australian Suicide
Pentagon Jr. was announced as a new member of Perros del Mal. Super Fly beat Aerostar with a powerbomb, then challenged Aerostar to a mask match.
5) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown DQ Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
Cibernetico pulled of Psycho’s mask for the DQ. Cibernetico challenged for a trios title match, but was interrupted by Konnan (with Lider & Pentagon as lackeys.) Konnan demanded the Hell Brothers join the Sociedad by Guerra de Titanes or else.
6) Robbie E & Zema Ion b Fénix & Myzteziz and Angélico & Jack Evans
Robbie E & Zema Ion are from TNA (but not in thru TNA.) Lider & Pentagon ran in and helped Ion & E beat Angelico. Lider & Pentagon demanded a tag title match vs Angelico & Jack. So did Myzteziz & Fenix. They accepted both.
7) el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr. b El Mesías & El Patrón Alberto
Alberto bled and had the match won with his armbar on Texano but Perro hit referee Piero with a chair. Konnan brought out Tirantes, who watched as Texano snuck in a foul on Alberto and counted the pin.
Air Date: 11/22 & 11/29
If Alberto isn’t going to get the win in SLP, he might as well not get the win anywhere until Guerra de Titanes, so the screwjob loss makes since here. It is like the tenth different AAA feud where Tirantes helps the rudo win every single time until he just can’t/doesn’t until the end.
Zema & Robbie get the pin on the tag team champs, and everyone but them gets tag team title shots? Maybe it’s just assumed and they didn’t have to ask? Maybe they’re just out of Mexico by then, but it looks weird. That three way tag would be really good if Daga didn’t get hurt.
People should’ve been recruiting Pentagon Jr. from day 1, but AAA hasn’t made it clear why fans should care about a “La Sociedad -> Perros del Mal” move means anything. AAA even pointed out how little difference the names mean when they had Lider & Pentagon (definite Perros del Mal) and Konnan (sometimes Perros del Mal?) speaking on behalf of La Sociedad. They’re just t-shirts they’re not even selling.
It seems way too soon for the Hell Brothers to be tecnicos fighting against the Sociedad – there’s stuff with Cibernetico/La Parka and Cibernetico/Demon that they’ve set up and not done anything with yet – but maybe it’ll head in another direction. Guerra de Titanes has tended to have a Big Angle at it to end the year, maybe this is the start to that.
working Guerra de Titanes lineup
- El Patron Alberto vs Texano Jr. (c) [AAA HEAVY]
- Super Fly vs Aerostar, mask vs mask
- Hell Brothers vs Psycho Circus (c) [AAA TRIOS]
- Myzteziz & Fenix vs Joe Lider & Pentagon Jr. vs Angelico & Jack Evans (c) [AAA TAG] (maybe with the TNA guys?)
- Mini Charly Manson vs Dinastia (c) [AAA MINI]
That looks like a Night of Champions card, only missing Cruiserweight, Reina de Reinas and Mixed Tag matches. Pentagon’s busy so probably not the latter, but there’s a mystery tecnica debuting on the next set of lineups who could be set up as a challenger. Fantasma is off TV until the 30th and had a title match on the last show, so he may just be pulled into a “everyone who doesn’t have anything to do” tag match. They’ve got a pretty solid lineup as it is.
Next taping is a week from Friday (11/28) in DF.
No Puebla. No IWRG. Monterrey didn’t even air overnight (thought it did air during the day.)
11/12 CMLL Informa: http://ul.to/oq8i38cm
Lo Que Me Prende: https://www.sendspace.com/file/cr1bjg
A short film on Hijo del Fantasma. End is cut off, but it seemed great timing that it popped up on TV this week.
AAA on Televisa: 2014-11-15
taped 2014-10-12 @ Domo San Luis, San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosí
1) Dinastía, Faby Apache, Niño Hamburguesa, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Eterno, Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie
2) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético [street fight]
3) El Mesías & El Patrón Alberto vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr.
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-11-15
taped 2014-11-04 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Smaker, Soberano Jr., Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Guerrero Negro Jr., Ráfaga
2) Ángel de Oro, Gallo, Omar Brunetti vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Pierroth
3) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Máximo, Titán, Valiente
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-11-15
taped 2014-11-11 @ Arena México
1) Acero & Aéreo vs Mercurio & Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Magnus, Oro Jr., Soberano Jr. vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
3) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Lluvia vs Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis
4) Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Niebla Roja, Puma, Tiger
5) Felino, Kráneo, Shocker vs Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Dragón Rojo Jr.
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-11-15
taped 2014-11-07 @ Arena México
1) Dark Angel, La Vaquerita, Marcela vs Amapola, Dalys, La Comandante
Mid Show Intro
2) Diamante Azul, Máximo, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
3) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Euforia, Thunder, Último Guerrero
Lucha Azteca (CMLL): 2014-11-15
taped 2014-10-31 @ Arena México
1) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Volador Jr. vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Thunder
2) La Máscara, La Sombra, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Pólvora
3) Rush vs Último Guerrero
CMLL on Terra: 2014-11-16
taped 2014-11-16 @ Arena México
1) Flyer & Sensei vs Akuma & Espanto Jr.
2) Soberano Jr., Star Jr., Starman vs Cholo, Metálico, Ramstein
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Boby Zavala, Sagrado, Sangre Azteca
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Fuego, Máximo vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Pierroth, Shocker
5) Titán © vs Pólvora for the Mexican National Welterweight Championship
6) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Mephisto, Negro Casas
CMLL SANCHEZ (SAT) 11/15/2014 Arena Neza [Black Terry Jr. (flickr),Estrellas del Ring]
1) Dr. Trauma b Iron Black
2) Nahual & Ovni b Platino & Príncipe Azteca
3) Imperio Negro & Moto Cross b Holkan & Tony Cirio Jr.
Moto Cross beat Holkan and challneged him to an AULL lightweight
4) Gato Montes, Rey De Oros, Rey Infierno b Epidemia, Heavy Boy,Magnifico II
Magnifico and his partners had problems and fought after the match.
5) Guerrero Maya Jr. & Hechicero DRAW Trauma I & Trauma II
Guerrero Maya replaced Skayde. Trauma I and Rey Hechicero went to a double pin on a small package for the draw. Both sides asked for a rematch.
6) Black Terry & Solar I b Black Panther & Último Guerrero
Indy team beat (upset?) CMLL team. Money thrown in after the match.
The top matches sounds like they were as good as they looked on paper, even with the Maya/Skayde switch.
IWRG (SUN) 11/16/2014 Arena Naucalpan [@naoki909 , Estrellas del Ring]
1) Alfa & Sky Osana b Anubis Black & Atomic Star
Alfa suffered an arm injury but his team still won.
2) Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota, Septimo Dragon ?? Apolo Estrada, Avisman, Hip Hop Man
Salvaje & Gaviota did comedy and Septimo wrestled well.
3) El Hijo del Diablo, Trauma I, Trauma II b Dr. Cerebro, Negro Navarro, Relámpago [super libre]
Straight falls for the rudos. Cerbero challenged Diablo to a hair match and Diablo accepted.
4) Eterno & Súper Nova b Canis Lupus & Golden Magic [relevos suicidas, losers advance]
Canis Lupus was the first out after a Super Nova martinete and had to be taken to the back. Eterno beat Magic, so Canis was forced to come back out.
5) Canis Lupus b Golden Magic © [IWRG IC WELTER]
Best match on the show. Golden Magic’s title vs Canis Lupus’ hair. Mask ripping and blood. Eterno distracted the referee to set up a Canis foul, which got him the win and the title. Mask vs mask challenges followed. Canis is the 33rd champion, second reign for him. Magic falls on his third defense.
6) Hijo De Dos Caras, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Veneno b Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Pirata Morgan
Eterno replaced X-Fly. Rayo pinned Mascara, of course, but Mascara demanded a rematch on 12/07 where he’d have a surprise.
There’s some year end shows soon where some of those matches might actually happen. Cerbero/Diablo seems by far most likely.
Wotan won main event of the WCS Anniversary show. He was supposed to face Joe Lider, but no Lider for no explained reason, so he beat up Chuey Martinez and Enfermero. Fly Star beat Toxin Boy in tag team partners fighting each other, and Centvrion and Tornado won multiman matches.
Zumbi wasn’t on the All Elite shows because he was back in Brazil wrestling in a tournament there for BWF. This was announced a while back but I forgot about it (and maybe Rocky Lobo did too because he didn’t show up.) Zumbi lost in the semifinals, which is probably better than he would’ve done in All Elite.
AAA tapes tonight in Leon. If you’re a new reader, you may be unfamiliar with this idea, but AAA occasionally holds wrestling events where they bring announcers and commentators and then later airs it on television. AAA last taped 36 days ago; we were still weeks away from seeing the first Lucha Underground show at that point. Influence from that product might be the thing to look for on this show; they showed a Lucha Underground logo in a backstage skit a few weeks ago but that’s been about it. The plan was to keep the ‘universes’ separate for years but plans can change. AAA’s exhausted their backlog of TV tapings, so whatever happens here will turn up on TV on Saturday.
The main event in Leon is a rematch from Heroes Inmortales: Mesias & Alberto vs Perro & Texano. This time, the finish doesn’t really matter as much as building thru Guerra de Titanes. Hell Brothers and Psycho Clown rematch as well. AAA’s probably got to start moving towards anything else they’re building up to Guerra de Titanes and might do that in the Aerostar/Australian Suicide vs Pentagon/Super Fly match. Everyone is sure the Aerostar & Super Fly mask match is happening in a few weeks, but neither guy has actually said it on screen yet. Robbie E & Zema Ion are in to face Fenix & Myzteziz vs Angelico & Jack Evans in what could be a really good tag match, and there’s a minis and mixed match which should be good as well.
Atlantis vs Shocker headlines Puebla today. It’s a match. It’s hopefully a less than 10 minute one. It looks like Puebla isn’t going to air this week – TVCD are covering the Central American Games to an insane degree and so there’s not much time for anything else. LAS is airing half TVCD and half Puerto Rican sports, so no IWRG either.
Alberto says he’s about to sign a deal with two different companies in US who have TV. There’s not that many of those left.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida reviews Esfinge & Gallo vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Espectrum
The new promoter at Arena Olimpico Laguna is talking about running shows with outside stars every two weeks, moving the shows to Saturdays, and remodeling the building.
A story about 7 and 8 year olds training lucha libre in Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi (who won’t ever get to debut there with the building closing.)
All Elite (SAT) 11/15/2014 Arena Coliseo [KrisZ]
1) Flyer & Magnus b Dinamic Black & Principe Diamante
2) Ángel de Oro, Cachorro (CMLL), Dragon Lee II b Emperador Azteca (IWRG), Golden Magic, Metaleon
3) Hernandez & Súper Nova b La Máscara & Oriental
Hernandez & Super Nova got the win over the makeshift team – Mascara in for Rush, Oriental for Zumbi. Assuming Mascara gets Rush’s points, everyone but Oriental here has 3 points.
4) LA Park & Volador Jr. b Atlantis & Extreme Tiger
La Park & Volador win, are at 3 points. Atlantis & Tiger stay at 3 points.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & La Sombra DQ Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Último Guerrero
Ultimo pulled Wagner’s mask for the DQ. Sombra has 6 points, Wagner has 3, and the Guerreros have 3.
Be careful clicking on the links, the videos are very loud. By the way, I got the main event of the Puebla show wrong – at the press conference said Chavo & Ultimo got credit for the win over LA Park & Volador. There were two different results for the main event and the coin toss came up wrong.
All Elite Point Standings
6 La Sombra (#1!) 3 almost everyone else 0 Oriental/Zumbi
Next show was not announced. Chavo & Hernandez were very complimentary towards the promotion (and CMLL!) on Twitter. All Elite did manage to pull off these two shows – and pull a good crowd considering they were going up against the UFC show.
CMLL (SUN) 11/16/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Flyer & Sensei b Akuma & Espanto Jr.
Tecnicos took 2/3. Flyer looked very good.
2) Cholo, Metálico, Ramstein b Soberano Jr., Star Jr., Starman
Metalico had a Perdo Infante enterance, compelte with costume and lipsyncic. Rudos took 2/3.
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. b Boby Zavala, Sagrado, Sangre Azteca
Zavala replaced Misterioso. Sangre Azteca returned from injury with a new look, but his team lost 2/3.
4) Bárbaro Cavernario, Pierroth, Shocker b Dragón Rojo Jr., Fuego, Máximo
Tecnicos took 1/3, when Cavernario snuck in a foul on Maximo (and Fuego ran around the ring complaining about it instead of breaking the pin.) Shocker challenged Maximo, Maximo challenged Shocker & Barbaro to a three way cage match, Shocker left without accepting.
5) Titán © b Pólvora [MEX WELTER]
Titan took falls 2/3 to retain the title in a very good match very reminiscent of his title win versus Averno, including crashing and burning into the barricade on a tope and being brought in to take his opponents finisher, only to kick out. This collision looked even worse. Titan pulled out a La Mistica into a cradle to keep his belt. Titan’s sixth defense; he’ll almost certainly reach one year as champion on 12/01.
6) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. DQ Euforia, Mephisto, Negro Casas
Tecnicos took 2/3 in a very anticlimatic and rushed match. Mephisto kept avoiding Volador and fouled him in the end.
Titan/Polvora felt a lot like the last Titan/Averno. The last 90 seconds was laid out about the same way, only with Polvora’s finish instead and Titan pulling out a better closing move. I’d rate it as GREAT but missed a chuck of the second fall (and rating matches on Terra is very iffy for me because I’m spending half of it making GIFs and other such nonsense.) It was very dramatic I hope Titan stops doing the “flying full speed into the barricade” spot, it’s not a good idea for something to do often and it’s got to mess him up. I thought he legit knocked himself out this time.
Flyer was really good in the opener. Flyer probably wouldn’t have been good in this year’s En Busca de un Idolo – Dragon Lee, Soberano and Star Jr. cover a lot of the same ground and are a bit more experienced – but he’d be a fine fit in next year’s.
They’re back in Arena Coliseo next week, and it sounded as if that was the final show there for 2014.
CMLL (SUN) 11/16/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl, @Info_AlanR]
1) Reycko b El Tapatío
2) Javier Cruz Jr. b Thunder Boy
3) Jocker b El Divino
Joker replaced Evola and dropped Divino on his head for the win. Divino took a stretcher to the bcak.
4) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Esfinge & Magnum and Sky Kid & Smaker and Demonio Maya & Furia Nazi
Magnum’s return to the tecnico side after three years. Maya & Nazi were out first, then Sky Kid & Smaker, and finally father/son Esfinge/Mangum when the Truenos stole Magnum’s mask.
5) Ángel de Oro & Tritón b Puma & Tiger
Tecnicos took 2/3.
6) La Sombra DQ Último Guerrero
Sombra replaced Rush (injury). Sombra took 1/3, when UG was caught trying the rope kick foul again.
UG not winning all the matches is the biggest upset of the week.
Black Terry Jr. has photos of the Arena Neza show. Which means he might have video of the Arena Neza show!
Canis Lupus picked up the IWRG Welterweight Championship from Golden Magic tonight in IWRG. That was the expected outcome of the four man apuestas match, since Golden Magic had the only title on the line.
Alberto made his return to US rings with a surprise appearance on the House of Hardcore show on Saturday. As apparently part of his release, he’s not allowed to say anything bad about WWE but encouraged his ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez to do so. A story about the situation in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentioned Alberto had been offered his WWE job back – the guy he slapped was gone, so coast was clear – but he turned them down again. The report also stated Alberto was promised an apology, but it was taken out of the agreement at the last second; WWE didn’t want to apologize because they desperately anything to paint them as racist. Later on, the newsletter mentions WWE wants Rey Mysterio Jr. back as a regular shortly and his contract runs out in late April. WWE is short on names who mean anything and that’s likely the top motivation here. Rey returning would put him in awkward situation – any media person is going to want to ask him about the Alberto situation and that’s the last thing Rey or WWE are going to want to have him talk about. Still, the WON frames it as debate over how many shows a month he’ll work as the primary issue and seems to think Rey will be back there.
The toy museum’s Hall of Fame was opened on Saturday. It appears to be more museum style – they’re touting between 5 and 7,000 unique pieces of lucha libre and not something where people are getting inducted. The Mascaras brothers beat the Brazos in the main event. It appears Dos Caras Sr. wrestled, which would have been his first match in Mexico in exactly a year.
Negro Navarro vs Virus from Arena Olimpico Laguna made it to YouTube. Misterioso can’t be all bad if he booked that match.
Doradafan has highlights of 08/26/2014 CMLL.
Super Libre had the director of the Rayo de Jalisco movie in studio.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida has highlights of 07/13/14 CMLL on LATV.
An indy poster with CMLL luchadors for 11/29 lists India Sioux as wrestling in the semifinal. There had been talk she was coming back to the ring a little while back; it’d be her first known match in five years.
Matches from Japan on Daily Motion include Mystique & Star Fire in Korakuen, Taichi & Desperado vs Taguchi & Fuego (where Taguchi appears to have stolen a hat from a leprechaun), and Bushi & Mascara Dorada vs KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley.
Zeuxis vs Estrellita has been downgraded from a title match to a lightning match. No reason given. Maybe someone realized it didn’t make sense to have a title match when Zeuxis lost?
CMLL (SUN) 11/23/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Pequeño Olímpico & Pierrothito
2) Flyer, Metatrón, Soberano Jr. vs Cholo, Disturbio, Ramstein
3) Cachorro, Oro Jr., Tritón vs Pierroth, Puma, Tiger
4) Fuego vs Sagrado [lightning]
5) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Super Porky vs Morphosis, Terrible, Thunder
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. vs Mephisto, Negro Casas, Niebla Roja
Volador/Mephisto again, so that seems like that’ll be a thing. I think I can call every spot in that match already. Still, should be a good main event and lightning match should be good.
No idea what Morphosis is doing in the semimain, or in life in general. (It’s as if Kraneo was busy and they just grabbed another Invasor.) If they’re going to waste Terrible anyway, can they just trade him with Pierroth to create one good match?
Good news Flyer, you’re in the segunda! Bad news, you still face Cholo & Ramstein.
CMLL (SUN) 11/23/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Índigo vs Satara
2) El Brillante & Idolo vs El Yaqui & Thunder Boy
3) Exterminador vs Infierno
4) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno vs Esfinge & Magnum
5) Omar Brunetti & Rey Cometa vs Jocker & Mr. Águila
6) Ángel de Oro & Titán vs Euforia & Gran Guerrero
Hmm, Truenos & Esfinge/Magnum rematch. Combine that with Magnum’s sudden and random turn and I’m thinking there might be one more big Arena Coliseo Guadalajara match before the year is out (or to ring in the new one.)
CARALUCHA (SAT) 11/29/2014 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) ? vs ??
2) Rayo Star & Star Jr. vs Fly Star & Impulso [Copa Caralucha, semifinal]
3) Toxin Boy & Yoruba vs Belial & Oro Jr. [Copa Caralucha, semifinal]
4) Apolo Estrada, Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo vs Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico
Mexico vs US
5) ? vs ?? [Copa Caralucha, final]
6) Negro Navarro & Veneno vs ? & Bárbaro Cavernario
Main event is CMLL vs Indies and Vets vs Youth (so Navarro is going to stretch some kids.)
I wish my countryman luck in wiping out the scourge of the Neza Boys.
Yoruba’s back on all shows like nothing ever happened. And as far as he can remember, nothing did.
CMLL (FRI) 11/14/2014 Arena México [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Esfinge & Stigma b Disturbio & Nitro
2) Astral, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito b Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
Dragoncito is back to flying into the crowd on his tope con giro into Pierrothito
3) Ángel de Oro, Titán, Valiente b Ephesto, Kamaitachi, Mephisto
Tecnicos took 1/3. Angel de Oro beat Mephisto with help of the ropes after Mephisto had twice tried to the the same. Kamaitachi looked good. Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez appeared in the ring after this match, promoting the All Elite card.
4) Rey Bucanero b Volador Jr., Terrible, Máximo, Felino, Bárbaro Cavernario, Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Atlantis, Hechicero [cibernetico]
Hechicero replaced Vangellys. Tecnicos vs rudo sides. Eliminations went Hechicero (Dorada), Atlantis (Terrible), Dorada (Cavernario), Panther (Cavernario), Cavernario (Maximo), Felino (Maximo), Maximo (Bucanero), Terrible (Volador) leaving Rey Bucanero and Volador. Terrible came back in to foul Volador while the referee was distracted, and Bucanero go the pin. Volador, Maximo, Bucanero, Terrible, Felino and Cavernario brawled and argued, tecnicos against rudos.
5) Euforia, Thunder, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush
Straight falls. Marco Corleone replaced Rush (broken leg) and fought as if he was a new Ingobernable – only Mascara & Sombra disrupted the count when he had UG beat. Tirantes cleared them out, and UG snuck in a foul on Marco for the win. Marco challenged UG to a hair match, and UG declared Marco loco.
The big news is the guy who didn’t wrestle. Rush will be out two months after breaking two bones in one of his legs on Thursday night’s Arena Puebla show. (This was announced on the All Elite press conference; as typical, CMLL said nothing until the main event.) It’s going to be sad not have crazy angry Rush around for two whole months, though this whole thing will likely make him crazier and angrier. Hopefully he can turn up on Informa or TV commentary just to lash out at various things. It sucks that Rush in the ring is done for 2014, but his last big match is the singles match with Ultimo Guerrero that airs on Azteca today, and that’s a strong match for him to finish up with. Worth checking out.
Two months would be almost exactly the day FantasticaMania starts. Rush hadn’t officially been announced as going on the tour, but it’s a pretty safe assumption that was the plan and that he was going to be getting at least one big match. It’s going to be a different plan now. CMLL & NJPW replaced Mistico II when he was in a similar situation injury situation and they’re likely to do the same with Rush. That means one more person is going on the tour, someone’s getting a big match they weren’t getting previously, and it’s probably a good thing CMLL never switched either trios titles to the Ingobernables.
Domestically, this changes some plans in the near future. Rush was in that cage match, and it looks like Marco’s being slipped into his place. Marco might be taking Rush’s place as an Ingobernable for the time being as well, though that finish left it less unclear. More likely, there’s just not going to be Ingobernables for a while: Sombra’s heading to Japan, Rush is in a cast, and Mascara is just left to be annoying by himself. Sombra will be back by the middle of December, but then it’s the winter off season where not a lot seems to happen (though more in recent years.) Rush’s injury has a significant effect short term – he and Ultimo Guerrero are the two guys who mean the most in that cage match – but there are worse times of the year for this to have happened.
Speaking of that cage match, CMLL put up a video promoting Infierno en el Ring for 12/05, so it’s now an official. They don’t say anything more than that, but Infierno en el Ring is usually the cage match and the highlights are of the guys we’d expect to be in the match. There’s eight people who made challenges last night – Felino, Bucanero, Terrible, Cavernario, Maximo, Volador, Marco, Guerrero – and both Shocker and Blue Panther have made challenges on other shows. CMLL figures to officially announce the match sometime in the next ten days.
MMA fighters and media were at the show, since they’re in town for the UFC event tomorrow.
All Elite’s second show is tonight in Arena Coliseo. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez appearing on an Arena Mexico show is so weird. All I can figure is All Elite must be giving out some good money. La Mascara will take Rush’s place. Zumbi was explained as “not being able to make the show” (so no explanation.) There’s no update on Dr. Wagner Jr., which suggests he was fine. There’s also no mention of CMLL being upset with All Elite over Rush’s injury – the promotion and the wrestlers have previously expressed unhappiness with other indy promotions over injuries on outside dates. +LuchaTV has video from the press conference: Chavo talking about Lucha Underground, Hernandez on his match Saturday, Chavo on wrestling in Arena Coliseo for the first time, and Xtreme Tiger on his indy wrestling. Chavo mentions he’s fighting the Wagners, so probably no Zumbi today either.
Alberto el Patron seems to be spending half his time in airplanes. He mentioned yesterday he was in Los Angeles. Not sure what for, but I’ve got some ideas. Just to reiterate a point from earlier this week, Lucha Underground is still in production and making changes to it’s show. They’re also completely comfortable with teasing things which may not start paying off until months down the line. (That last scene and the key Dario’s been wearing is one of those things.) The next live tapings aren’t until the middle of January, but I believe they have the ability to edit in scenes with Alberto if they want to and he’s as free as everyone thinks he is. I don’t know it’s happening, don’t report that it’s happening, but you should not be completely surprised if he pops up.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob has a music video of 07/18/14 CMLL
Angel del Amor picked up the AULL Welterweight title on the most recent Arena Lopez Mateos show. Building looked much fuller than usual with Myzteziz in the main event.
Misterioso Jr. says he got into the wrestling business when Dr. Wagner ran him over. That’s a unique story. He’s promoting the Arena Olimpico Laguna show with CMLL luchadors.
CMLL (FRI) 11/21/2014 Arena México
1) Black Panther & Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte & Hijo del Signo
2) Dragon Lee, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Virus
3) Blue Panther, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Rey Bucanero
4) Ángel de Oro vs Mephisto [lightning]
5) Shocker, Terrible, Vangellys vs Máscara Dorada, Máximo, Titán
6) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Thunder, Último Guerrero
Outside of the hair match setup (3rd, 5th and 6th), Angel de Oro vs Mephsito looks like a new feud based off the cheating finish this week. Angel de Oro had his title belt with him. He and Mephisto are champions in the same division. One or the other being on the line as a second match for Infierno en el Ring seems plausible, though it’d be nice if CMLL were building up matches for other weeks as well.
They’re booking really great segundas that aren’t airing on TV (though they were often not as great as we thought when we actually got to see them.)
All Elite (THU) 11/13/2014 Arena Puebla [@FlyDeportes, Periodico Enfoque]
1) Dinamic Black & Principe Diamante b Flyer & Magnus
CMLL vs indies.
2) Ángel de Oro, Cachorro (CMLL), Dragon Lee II b Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Metaleon
CMLL vs IWRG
3) Atlantis & Extreme Tiger b Hernandez & Súper Nova
Atlantis & Tiger picked up their first 3 points.
4) La Sombra & Rush b Dr. Wagner Jr. & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
A disaster of a match. Hijo de Wagner replaced Zumbi (the only wrestler at the press conference) and they worked normal teams instead of the indy/CMLL teams. Rush suffered an ankle sprain during the match – apparently landing on a missile dropkick and said to be serious enough to keep him out a few weeks – while Wagner needed mouth to mouth after the match due to a problem with his windpipe after the finish but left the building on his own power. Sombra & Rush earned 3 points.
5) LA Park & Volador Jr. DQ Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Último Guerrero
Park was not in good shape.
There was a heavy CMLL feeling to the show. Brazo de Oro was one of the referees, as he tends to be when they loan out CMLL talent for shows. CMLL’s Ivan was ring announcer as if it was a normal Puebla show. (Attendance was like a normal Puebla show, which means they lost money on the thing.) The only CMLL wrestlers to lose a match was Ultimo Guerrero, and that wasn’t clean.
Differing reports on Rush’s injury. The paper says he was hurt on a missile dropkick. Porra Fresa suggests it was a Wagner III caused accident. The Wagner injury in that match is a bit suspicious, because Dr. Wagner is enough of a worker to fake needing CPR to get sympathy and make people forget a loss. Periodico Enfoque says it happened after the finish, Sombra’s running double knee smash to the head, which doesn’t come thru the throat normally. (It also often doesn’t come near the victim’s head.) Hope he’s okay, whatever happened.
I’m not totally sure about the main event, because Fly Deportes actually has Chavo and Ultimo Guerrero winning that match but the other recap is pretty clear it went the other way. Valuable points are on the line here! Mamba was spotted at the show.
LA Park and Voaldor had matching Parka gear.
Zumbi may not have made the show, but he was profiled by a Brazilian site in town for the UFC. It took four authors to interview Zumbi.
Today’s CMLL show is built around Rush in the main event, so that’s not good. The main event is scheduled to be Mascara, Sombra, Rush vs Euforia, Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero, which seems like it should be setting up Rush and Ultimo Guerrero in a cage match to come but who even knows now. (Despite Rush being said to be out for weeks, I kind of figure he’ll limp thru this.) There’s a cibernetico which might be fun, and might just be there to add more people to the cage match – the one that only exists in my mind at this point.
If Rush is out for an extended time, the chance of CMLL saying anything about are what? 5%? 0%?
SegundaCaida has a recap of the 3rd Lucha Underground and Blue Panther, Héctor Garza, Shocker vs Averno, Mephisto, Terrible from June 2010.
Rey Hechicero vs Black Terry has been added to the 11/23 ChilangaMask show. It’s much tougher to trap your opponent in a chair in Coacalco.
CMLL posted the Stellar Moments of the last week.
Murder Clown talks up his feud with the Hell Brothers.
Stigma talks about his career and his dream to wrestle internationally.
R de Rudo talks to indy wrestler Gran Danger, who’s hoping to make it to IWRG.
Alfonso Morales writes a bio of Alfonso Dantes.