CMLL (TUE) 02/21/2017 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon, Notimex]
1) Apocalipsis & Inquisidor b Bengala & Metatrón
Rudos took 1/3
2) Oro Jr., Príncipe Diamante, Starman b Canelo Casas, Espanto Jr., Hijo del Signo
Tecnicos took 1/3. Principe Diamante finally gets his first win. Espanto’s first match since November (injury)
3) Princesa Sugehit, Sanely, Skadi b Reyna Isis, Tiffany, Zeuxis
Tecnicas took 2/3, with Sugehit against defeating Zeuxis leading into their title match on Saturday.
4) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stigma b Puma, Sansón, Tiger
Tecnicos took 1/3. good match
5) Máximo Sexy, Mistico, Titán DQ Cavernario, Mephisto, Negro Casas
Cavernario pulled Mistico’s mask off for the DQ.
6) Volador Jr. © b Ephesto [NWA WELTER]
Volador took 2/3. 14th defense
Fourth match is said to be worth watching. Main event was said to be OK. Cavernario’s bit is probably for building up the Sunday match instead of a match on a Tuesday, but they are matched up again next week.
CMLL (TUE) 02/21/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Arena Coliseo Guadalajara]
1) El Divino & Gallo b Évola & Exterminador
2) Eléctrico, Fugaz, Shockercito b Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Relámpago
3) Amapola, Dalys, Metálica b La Vaquerita, Marcela, Silueta
Dalys used the ropes to pin Marcela. Marcela wanted a rematch.
4) Dragón Lee, Esfinge, Stuka Jr. b Bobby Villa, Hechicero, Pólvora
Hechicero replaced Dragon Rojo.
5) Pierroth, Rush, Yoshitatsu b Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Valiente
Yoshitatsu snuck in a foul on Diamante Azul.
This building, as well as Arena Jalisco and Arena Roberto Paz, were inspected by local officials for issues recently and found a few. The headline makes it sound dramatic – “these arenas could be shut down!” It doesn’t appear to be serious by the end of the article, they just need to put up some signs emergency exit signs and remove some wires.
CMLL’s press conference to talk about Homenaje a Dos Leyendas is today at noon. It’ll be a surprise if it’s anything other than Diamante Azul versus Pierroth. I’ll write about it in a separate post.
A few more notes from the FULL press conference. They seem to have big hopes of running a full time promotion, with TV and everything, but just were pushing the one show three months from now announced more. (Some reports mention the 03/11 show in Cuernavaca and there’s more to come, but the focus was on that one show) Alberto said he was also doing ELITE dates, he’d be open to going to Arena Mexico, he’s not going back to AAA even though he has nothing but positive things to say about him – but also he’s working with FULL because “other companies have been responsible for lucha losing it’s respect.” I guess a little of that is WWE, but it’s tough to reconcile liking all the Mexican companies and saying the Mexican companies have hurt lucha libre. (Breaking: sometimes people don’t say the total truth in press conference.) They’re also doing the same idea of going back to basics and a dignified family affair without silliness. This is a thing people say because they believe that’s what people want to hear, but the silliness (WWE & AAA) sure do seem to draw a lot of families.
Zumbi was the one young guy brought to the press conference (along with Octagon, Alberto and Tinieblas.) When asked what makes FULL different, he explained it was “my freedom“, because he could come as good as he wanted. That’s a good difference for Zumbi, but not much of a selling point for a promotion. That freedom is not clear, since Tinieblas Jr. is mentioned as saying FULL luchadors would be free to work for any other promotion – except TV. Apolo says that part won’t be enforced until FULL get TV, and everyone suspects that might not be applied universally.
The names on the poster for the first show are Alberto, Drew McIntyre, Tinieblas, Blue Demon, Zorro, UK Hooligan, Cibernetico, Garza Jr., Alan Stone, Octagon, Intocable, Dos Caras Jr., Silver King, Scorpio Jr., Pirata Morgan, Zumbi, Pibe Alfajor, Hip Hop Man, La Mosca, Reyna Dorada, Lady Apache, Ludark and Sexy Star. That’s about the same group of people who work all the traditional style indies (which don’t get nearly this much attention) plus Alberto and his people. Tickets are going to run from 800 pesos to 250 ($40 USD to $12.50), which is pricey for an indie.
Running a press conference three months before the ‘debut’ show doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense on it’s own. Maybe it was just when Alberto’s was free. Maybe the audience here was local promoters who might be persuaded to run a FULL show, since they’d need more notice. There sure are a lot of options suddenly for local promoters. Everyone reporting on this generally seems much more excited than I am, maybe I’m just not getting something. It comes off as they’re announcing aspirations of big plans and using indie promoter cliches to cover up the lack of few firm plans at this point.
Texano would like someone to challenge for his title, confirms Vampiro had been working for AAA for some time before the official announcement this past week.
RobViper has a music video of 05/11/2016 ELITE.
+LuchaTV had an interview with Drastick Boy talking about how he’s headed back to Dragon Gate. I didn’t notice, but he’s already listed as working shows starting March 4th.
Villano IV is listed on a show with CMLL luchadors next month. That, and the IWRG appearances, suggest Villano IV is maybe no longer working in AAA’s office.
IWRG (WED) 02/22/2017 Arena Naucalpan
1) Fireman vs Keiser Drago
2) Shadow Boy vs Atomic Star
3) Alfa, Black Dragón, Omega vs Adrenalina, Araña de Plata, Hip Hop Man
4) Cerebro Negro vs Heddi Karaoui
5) Leo, Mike, Rafy vs Demasiado, Diva Salvaje, Nigma [EdM Trios]
6) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Imposible vs Demonio Infernal, Diablo Jr., Relámpago
Somehow missed putting this up a few days ago, but it’s tonight IWRG card. It breaks my heart to see good friend Imposible and Diablo Jr. on opposite sides of the main event (also it doesn’t make any sense, but IWRG gotta IWRG.)
CMLL (TUE) 02/28/2017 Arena México
1) Bengala & Marvel vs Camorra & El Coyote
2) Acero, Eléctrico, Stukita vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Oro Jr., Stigma, Tritón vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Skándalo
4) Esfinge vs Okumura [lightning]
5) Guerrero Maya Jr., Johnny Idol, Stuka Jr. vs Hechicero, Ripper, Vangellys
6) Carístico, Mistico, Rey Cometa vs Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas
Caristico is posing inspirational messages on Twitter. I’m not sure if that means he’ll be back by this match or not, but here’s hoping. Rey Cometa being in the main event is peculiar. Is it possible someone in CMLL has realized Rey Cometa is champion and is setting up a title match?
CMLL (TUE) 02/28/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Yaqui & Metatrón vs Demonio Rojo & Thunder Boy
2) Magnus, Star Jr., Vaquero Jr. vs Difunto, Sangre Azteca, Virus
3) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, Metálica
4) Marco Corleone, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Kráneo, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
5) Diamante Azul vs Yoshitatsu
Sometimes, I’m sad I can’t get one more hour of CMLL by taping the Guadalajara show. This is not one of those times. Yoshitatsu is just in for a week after this, so this might be his only CMLL singles match.
Lucha Memes (SUN) 03/05/2017 Salón Citlalli, Ecatepec, Estado de México
1) Electroser vs Silver Ángel
2) 19 Y Medio vs Manchitas
3) Corsario Negro Jr. & Drako vs Artillero & Súper Comando
4) Mike Segura vs Rey Cometa
5) Impulso vs Keira
6) Dr. Cerebro vs Virus
New venue for Lucha Memes but not new to indie lucha; ILLM has been running at the part time wedding venue of late. This is Los Mejores Refritos I, the best rephrases, so the main event is a rematch of a great match from 2013.
The Crash (THU) 03/09/2017 Gimnasio Olimpico, Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
1) Extrem X, Gallo Boy Z, Príncipe Seir vs Dark Finder, Discovery, Príncipe Guerrero
2) Arcangel Divino, Black Boy, Rayo Star vs Látigo, Pegasuz, Último Maldito
3) Dulce Sexy vs Keira, Lady Maravilla
4) Jack Evans & Rey Horuz vs Flamita & Ronnie Mendoza
5) Bestia 666, Daga, Garza Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera, Nicho el Millionario, Súper Crazy
6) Rey Misterio Jr. & Willie Mack vs Brian Cage & Penta Zero M
Rey goes to Aguascalientes – as he did for the Viva el Rey tour, which didn’t seem to go great (but maybe they’re running a smaller building?) Seems unlikely the shows outside Tijuana will be recorded, which is a shame given some of those matches.