The CMLL iPPV is linked below. I may not do this again, but I’ve put up the AAA shows after they’ve aired on TV and so I might as well do the same with the CMLL one this time. There’s no reason to download Lucha Azteca – they’re the same shows edited for time and in lesser video quality, but I put them up here as for any obsessive completists out there.
What happened: a Atlantis defeated Mascara to keep the Mexican Light Heavyweight championship. Shocker beat Maximo via foul, which may be setting up a heavyweight title match. Lestat won a DF versus Puebla cibernetico.
What was good: Maybe just the cibernetico, and it wasn’t a blow away match. Not a good show.
Lucha Memes (SUN) 11/22/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Kronosport]
1) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Iron Kid b Leviatham, Sádico, Yakuza
2) Onita Santana b Demasiado
These two didn’t mesh well.
3) Aero Boy b Keira
Keira left injured
4) Virus b Black Terry
5) Hechicero b Caifan
said to be MOTYC, money thrown in.
6) Shocker b Zumbido
Zumbido demanded a rematch.
7) Último Guerrero b Pagano
Pagano cut open Ultimo Guerrero’s forehead with his fork in a bloody brawl. Pagano got in one moonsault, but got stopped going for a second and pulled into a Guerrero Special onto chairs for the loss. Money thrown in and rematch challenges followed.
Attendance seems a little disappointing for a card that looked very good. Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Hechicero vs Caifan, which was said to be outstanding by everyone there, and of the Ultimo Guerrero/Pagano madness.
CMLL’s Puebla show today has Atlantis versus La Mascara. This moment would be a great one for La Mascara to step up his level of matches, helping to fill the Sombra void, but it’s a Puebla main event and Atlantis on a non-Anniversary show, so it’s more likely to be a slightly above average encounter. There’s a lot (11) of Puebla locals on the show this week, mostly because of a Puebla vs DF cibernetico in the segunda. The Mexico City side is not very impressive, but maybe the one night a week kids will do something amusing.
Segunda Caida reviews Black Demond, Brillante, Principe de Oro vs Charles Lucero, Susto, Tigre Universitario.
Aja Perera defeated Nino Monet for the Copa LLF. Both Americans (from Atlanta) were debuting on the card and advanced to the final. It sounds like they may be around for a couple weeks; LLF’s last show of the year is two Fridays away too.
Criterio Hidalgo interviewed Thunder Rosa about coming to Arena Aficion and wrestling in Mexico.
CMLL ELITE (SUN) 11/29/2015 Arena México
1) Marcela & Muñeca De Plata vs Amapola & Dallys la Caribeña
2) Dinamic Black, Metaleón, Principe Diamante vs Cancerbero, Heddi Karaoui, Raziel
3) Dragon Lee, Emperador Azteca, Zumbi vs Cavernario, Kamaitachi, Okumura
4) Valiente & Volador Jr. vs Damián 666 & Halloween
5) Atlantis & Carístico vs Black Warrior & Cibernético
Card as published in Box Y Lucha. Maximo figures to replace Valiente in the semifinal based on the programs theyr’e doing. Tercera has more Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi. Muneca de Plata is Goya Kong’s sister.
CMLL (SUN) 11/29/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío & Mr. Cobra vs Black Sugar & Diplomático
2) El Alteño & El Yaqui vs Carlos Roggi & Mr. Brisa
3) Vaquero Jr. vs Exterminador
4) El Divino, Magnum, Neutrón vs Ráfaga, Relampago, Rey Trueno
5) Niebla Roja & Rey Bucanero vs Blue Panther & Titán
Looks like they’re resetting back to sending four people to Guadalajara. Niebla Roja is the interesting name, since he wasn’t supposed to be back in CMLL (and maybe Mexico entirely) until 2016. Carlos Roggi is back after six years (and/or got a gimmick change) and Mr. Cobra is from Aguascalientes.
AAA ZZInc (THU) 11/19/2015 Domo de la Feria, León, Guanajuato [Vavel]
1) Fireball & Speedball b Dark Scoria & Willie Mack
Match switched around, with Scoria in for Rey Horus.
2) Mascarita Sagrada, Mickie James, Mr. 450 b Dark Cuervo, La Hiedra, Mini Charly Manson
Mascarita Sagrada replaced Dinastia, Cuervo replaced Bestia 666, la Hiedra replaced Taya.
3) Angélico, Argenis, Australian Suicide b Daga, Sanada, Zorro
Zorro replaced Sonjay Dutt. Aregnis replaced Jack.
4) Chavo Guerrero Jr., Magnus (UK), Psicosis I b Bengala, Hijo De Dos Caras, Pimpinela Escarlata
Pimpinela & Bengala replaced Fenix & Garza.
5) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Misterio Jr. b Brodus, Drew Galloway, Matt Cross
Matt Cross replaced Johnny Mundo.
AAA ZZINC (FRI) 11/20/2015 Palacio del Arte, Morelia, Michoacan [La Voz de Michoacan]
1) Mr. 450 & Speedball b Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria
Scheduled to be Mr. 450 & Rey Horus vs Bestia 666 & Speedball
2) Dinastía, Mickie James, Pimpinela Escarlata b La Hiedra, Mamba, Mini Charly Manson
Newspaper results list Taya, but La Hiedra replaced.
3) Australian Suicide, Bengala, Súper Nova b Sanada, Willie Mack, Zorro
Suicide, Nova, Zorro replaced Jack, Angelico, and Sonjay Dutt.
4) Chavo Guerrero Jr., Magnus (UK), Psicosis I b Fireball, Garza Jr., Hijo De Dos Caras
Fireball replaced Fenix.
5) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Misterio Jr. b Brodus, Drew Galloway, Matt Cross
Matt Cross replaced Johnny Mundo. Konnan tried helping the rudos, who still lost.
AAA ZZInc (SAT) 11/21/2015 Plaza de Toros, Santa Maria, Querétaro, Querétaro [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Dinastía, Mickie James, Pimpinela Escarlata b La Hiedra, Mamba, Mini Charly Manson
La Hiedra replaced Taya.
2) Aerostar, Australian Suicide, Garza Jr. b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Sanada, Zorro
Chavo, Fenix, Hijo de Dos, Magnus and Psicosis were all originally listed in this match.
3) Hijo De Dos Caras, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b
Chris Masters, Magnus (UK), Moose, Psicosis
Angelico, Jack Evans, Super Nova, Sanada, Sonjay Dutt and Willie Mack were advertised in this match.
4) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Mysterio Jr. b Brodus, Carlito, Drew Galloway
Carlito replaced Johnny Mundo.
These are newspaper results, so the names may be slightly off. There probably was a similar opener in Queretaro, but I haven’t be able to find anything which lists it yet. Anyway, we were wondering how AAA and Lucha Underground would handle conflicting dates and the answer appears to be massive amounts of no-shows and almost all the matches changed. Attendance doesn’t look good for any of these shows, and tonight’s Aguascalientes’ show seems to be following the trend.
AAA TV largely confirmed the Guerra de Titanes card as I posted here Tuesday, and there’s a poster with the lineup now as well. The confusing moment was the in-show advertisements listing the tag titles match as Jack/Angelico vs Pentagon/Lider vs a third time, and then Averno & Chessman showing up in Informa to challenge for those tag titles. They’re probably in the match, until/unless something else happens.
CMLL (SAT) 11/21/2015 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Aéreo b Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Sensei b Camorra
3) Inquisidor b Star Jr.
4) Starman b Hijo del Signo
5) Tritón b Okumura
6) Guerrero Maya Jr. & The Panther b Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado
Coliseo tag champs lose in non-title match, though it doesn’t appear it’s going anywhere.
7) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas b Ángel de Oro, Titán, Valiente
CMLL (SUN) 11/22/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Arena Coliseo Guadalajara]
1) Johnny Dinamo ?? Quca
2) Diplomático & Mr. Brisa b El Alteño & Javier Cruz Jr.
Debut of Diplomatico with a win. Rudos took 2/3.
3) Linterna Verde, Metatrón, Nautilius b El Chakal, Mercenario, Mr. Apolo
Tecnicos took 2/3. Linterna Verde replaced Leon Blanco
4) Gallo, Magnum, Vaquero Jr. b Exterminador, Furia Roja, Thunder Boy
Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Esfinge & La Máscara b Euforia & Maléfico
Tecnicos took 2/3.
CMLL Elite (SUN) 11/22/2015 Arena México [CMLL, MT]
1) Demus 3:16 & Mercurio b Solaris & Sonic
Shadow Boy was listed in Box Y Lucha, but replaced by Solaris on Tuesday.
2) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado b Cancerbero, Heddi Karaoui, Raziel
the Boricuas move down to replaced Magnus, Pegasso and Rey Cometa on Tuesday.
3) Ángel de Oro, Argos, Golden Magic b Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Titán
Rey Cometa, Pegasso and Titan replaced Misterioso, Pierroth and Sagrado (with Titan taking Magnus’ spot on the card overall.) Argos and Titan discussed a singles match after.
4) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II b Felino, Puma, Tiger
5) Valiente, Volador Jr., Zumbi b Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween
FdT replaced Cavernario, Euforia (now in GDL) and Mr. Aguila. Volador replaced Valiente. Volador & Maixmo challenged for a hair match against Damian & Halloween, who accepted only if it’ll be held in a cage.
6) Atlantis, Carístico, Negro Casas DQ Black Warrior, Cibernético, Mephisto
Tecnicos took 2/3. Cibernetico fouled Caristico for the DQ.
Video of the match and video of the finish: Cibernetico had Caristico up for a chokeslam, fouled him instead. Cibernetico explained he fouled Caristico because he’s unpredictable. Attendance looked to maintain it’s improvement from last week, better than it was a few weeks ago. Cibernetico seems to be a difference maker in this situation. Video of the tercera is up too.
Only match announced for next week is Caristico & Atlantis vs Cibernetico & Black Warrior.
I’m waiting on detailed results for Lucha Memes, but Hechicero/Caifan was said to be great. Black Terry Jr. already has highlights here.
Tinieblas Jr. is advertising his mask versus Scorpio Jr.’s hair on 12/06 in Monterrey. That runs against the rescheduled AAA show with Rey Mysterio. There’s probably some small show I’m missing, but it’s the first time I can find where Tinieblas has put up his mask in a singles match in 20 years.
Homero Simpson took Espantapajaros’s mask in Arena Aficion. Espnatapajaros gave his name as Jesus Ramirez, from Puebla, 25 years a wrestler.
RobViper has highlights of 06/02/15 CMLL
LuchaWorld has the latest edition of their podcast.
Super Libre had Makabre, Al Carrillo and Rafa el Maya as guests.
CMLL (FRI) 11/20/2015 Arena México [CMLL, thecubsfan]
1) Demus 3:16 & Mercurio b Fantasy & Stukita
14:06. Rudos took 2/3.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Sangre Azteca, Súper Comando
16:47. Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Felino, Puma, Tiger b Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther
15:19. Rudos took 1/3, with Puma & The Panther feuding.
4) Kráneo, Morphosis, Ripper b Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo Sexy, Stuka Jr.
14:31. Rudos took 1/3.
5) Atlantis, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. DQ Kamaitachi, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
8:41. Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Kamaitachi unmasked and fouled Dragon Lee.
6) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush b Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
10:16. Ingobernables took 1/3.
An easy show to miss. It’s possible they’re already done trying this year.
CMLL previews tonight’s Sabado Retros show as Angel de Oro versus Negro Casas.
Lucha Underground tapes this weekend in LA. Many luchadors who might otherwise be on those shows will instead be in Mexico for the Que Viva el Rey shows, which probably means new names or names who didn’t appear on the first couple of days of tapings will be appearing.
AAA started uploading TV shows on their YouTube channel again! The shows from Tlahuelilpan, Reynosa and a Nuevo Laredo episode are up. They’re still missing the most recent episode (unless they just combined both Nuevo Laredo shows), but those uploads include the Reynosa main event I couldn’t record, and previously unaired matches from Tlahuelilpan & Reynosa.
Naito talked about Sombra in an interview. He says his trip to Mexico in October was to talk to Sombra about the future of the Ingobernables and Sombra didn’t tell him he was going to the WWE but Naito could tell Sombra was going on a different path (and had mentioned previously that his dream was WWE.) Naito really wanted to bring an unmasked Sombra to Japan but does not think Sombra going to WWE affects the group in Japan, because NJPW hasn’t brought any of them over in the five months they’ve been a group. Today in NJPW, BUSHI was added to the Japanese version of the group. I think we’ll get Ingobernables vs CMLL matches at FanatasticaMania, just not the Mexican Ingobernables.
The Viva La Vida blog talks about introducing Sombra to Japan via photographs earlier in his career and mentions Sombra more recently (this year) expressing frustration that the US foreigners get brought to NJPW all the time and the Mexicans do not.
DTU pushed the idea that their shows with CMLL wrestlers will prove they’re not just about breaking light tubes.
CMLL luchadors toured the city on a Turibus to promote the Turiluchas package.
IWRG (WED) 11/25/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Enigma & Voltar vs Guerrero 2000 & Power Bull
2) Black Dragón & Galaxy vs Aramis & Matrix Jr.
3) Fireman, Rocket, Shadow Boy vs Ángel De La Muerte I, Ángel De La Muerte II, Vampiro Metálico
4) Centvrión, Hijo del Alebrije, Látigo vs Atomic Star, Canis Lupus, Violencia Jr.
5) Eterno vs Black Terry
winner is the declared the true maestro of IWRG
It’s not quite the hair match they’ve been teasing, but it should be a good Terry/Eterno match. Centvirion and Latigo move up to the semifinal very quikcly.
CMLL (FRI) 11/27/2015 Arena México
1) Robin & Sensei vs Espanto Jr. & Hijo del Signo
2) Esfinge, Soberano Jr., The Panther vs Disturbio, Okumura, Súper Comando
3) Ángel de Oro, Titán, Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
6) Mistico, Super Parka, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Negro Casas, Shocker
another Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi match, great. Super Parka working main events, not so great. That main event does find a way to pair the current tag team champions against some logical challengers.
Cara Lucha (SAT) 11/28/2015 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México
1) ? vs ??
2) Chik Tormenta & Dalys vs Keira & Lady Maravilla
3) Rayo Star & Sky Man vs Kevin & Tony
4) Centvrión, Fly Warrior, Látigo vs Metaleón, Mr. Leo, Wasson
5) Boby Z vs Danger, ?
6) Heavy Metal vs Cibernético vs Mr. Niebla
That’s a strange main event. You might be OK leaving this show early, but you’d want to be there for the first few matches.
AAA (SAT) 12/05/2015 Arena Neza
1) Dinastía, Mascarita Sagrada, Neza Kid vs Mike Segura, Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Psycho Clown
2) Faby Apache & Goya Kong vs La Hiedra & Lady Shani
3) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans vs Daga, Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr.
4) La Parka, Monsther Clown, Murder Clown vs Dark Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Zorro
5) Fénix, Psycho Clown, Rey Misterio Jr. vs Averno, Brian Cage, Chessman
The promoters say this is happening on the 4th or the 5th, but we know (and they apparently don’t) that Guerra de Titanes is 12/04 so it’s not a hard thing to figure out. They’re in Monterrey on 6th for that makeup show.
indy (TUE) 12/08/2015 Arena Querétaro
1) El Zombie & Niño De Halcón Negro vs Silver Fih & Último Soldado
2) Alex Guajardo, Dark Crazy, Lince vs Destello, Gremlin, Lobo Lafayette
3) Drabek I & Drabek II vs Castigador & Vengador [Queretaro TAG]
4) Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween, X-Fly vs Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown, Ursus, X-Danzz
5) Carístico & Rey Horus vs Averno & Cibernético
This is getting awkward, Averno. The smart money is on Averno finishing up with AAA on Guerra de Titanes and being in Arena Mexico two days later, but cards are always subject to change. Rey Horuz working this show is an equally interesting situation. This is the year end show for this Arena.
What happened: Not much! Puma and The Panther feuded in their match, Kamiatachi and Dragon Lee continued the feud in their match, and everyone seemed to be feuding in the segunda, but this was a pretty quiet show.
What was good: A couple matches were good, but nothing must see.
Where can I watch it: It’ll be up my YouTube channel on Tuesday.
RobViper and I unload our DM conversations into audio format for about 100 minutes. We talk about the departure of La Sombra, the Arena Mexico arrival of Cibernetico, the oddness of the Guerra de Titanes lineup and the pleasant surprise of the FantasticaMania roster. Digressions include an apology to a Mr. Ultimo Guerrero, CMLL’s problem keeping it’s top stars, multiyear deals from a group who can’t put lineups together week to week, the best ways to use John Cena on Guerra de Titanes, fretting about the long term future of Magno, our entries into the “when will Averno show up in Arena Mexico” betting pool, at least one story I’m not sure if I was supposed to tell, I brag about not telling stories that people are expecting me to tell, things I don’t currently subscribe to but probably will again, things I subscribe to that I’m thinking maybe I shouldn’t be, and the AAA version of Tom Magee story.
I try not to spoil Lucha Underground and mostly don’t (it’s only about who wasn’t there and a wacky theory, you’re safe.) We both try to wrap up the show at least once and then just keep going on for longer. It’s more audible, so you should try to listen.
Los Ingobernables have their first match since Sombra officially joined with WWE tonight. Rush, La Mascara and Marco Corleone face TGR (Terrible, Shocker and Rey Bucanero) in the main event of tonight’s Arena Mexico show. The two biggest storylines since the Anniversary show – the saga of Sombra and Thunder/Ultimo Guerrero – are not present tonight, so either it’s going to be a very quiet show or something new is going to happen. Maybe even in the main event, maybe with some change with the Ingobernables.
There are undercard issues which are carried over. Dragon Lee and Kamaitachi continue to feud and are up the semimain tonight. Dragon Lee has proposed a mask versus hair match with Kamaitachi either in Mexico or on FantasticaMania. That seems to be a real possibility. I think Kamaitachi winning the lightweight belt and Dragon Lee getting the rematch in January seems like it has a chance too.
The Panther & Super Comando are on this card, but not locked in together. The Panthers and the Felinos resume their feuding in the tercera, while Super Comando is in a segunda with some guys who’ve been part of this issue. Maybe there will be a rare interference spot, maybe they’ve forgotten who was supposed to be involved, maybe the cage match will include more people.
Opener has Stukita, which is always good news.
Show will air on ClaroSports at 8:30pm. As always, we don’t know if it’ll be region blocked until close to the show. We do know it’s usually at one of two links. It’ll have a CMLL waiting screen background when it’s switched over to the CMLL feed (in a few hours). It’s good news if it gives a countdown (though the countdown timer is never right) and it’s bad news if it says it’s not available in your region. I’ll let you know on Twitter when I know.
CMLL posted a statement about Sombra’s departure. They lead off by proclaiming they’ve created talent for 82 years that’s in demand by other promotions nationally and internationally, and then say Sombra’s finished up with CMLL on good terms and they wish him success in his new projects. This is very different from how they treated Mistico and Dos Caras Jr. going to WWE, but he definitely left better than Mistico. It seems a safe bet Sombra would be welcomed back to CMLL if it doesn’t work out for him in WWE.
Guerrero Maya apparently didn’t hear or accept Boby Zavala’s apology on this week’s CMLL Informa and has some hard feelings. Here’s a translated quote from ESTO
“Bobby is a terrible luchador and demonstrated that in the final of the tournament where the fans didn’t care about any of his attacks, or holds, or moves. He looked more like a little pig scampering away from a butcher; he was looked exhausted at the end and showed he didn’t have the minimum to be a real luchador. He should be holding his head in shame, and instead starting screaming from the rooftops that he was the real winner and was sure of his trip to Japan.”
That’s a bit harsh. I don’t think they like each other.
Last night’s Que Viva el Rey tour kicked off in Leon. The show was said to draw only a 20% of the building, about a 1000 people. Todo x el Todo drew better in the same building. The AAA show in Toluca, with what was supposed to be Psycho Circus and the Hellbrothers on top, looked like it drew better too. The difference might be that Monday is lucha libre in Leon, Thursday is lucha libre in Toluca, and the show was in Leon and not Toluca.
(Scheduling two other shows on Thursday might be the real reason the Guadalajara card got canceled. Please gift the AAA office a giant calendar for Christmas.)
I don’t have full results from the card, but it appeared both Rey Horuz and Bestia 666 were off the card. Bestia’s appeared for Elite and Rey Horuz is kind of affiliated with the Familia de Tijuana crew; might be a situation where AAA has decided they’re not allowing anyone who works for Elite to work for them, given the chaos Elite has caused.
The Que Viva el Rey tour moves onto Morelia today.
The most recent Guerra de Titanes poster, the third that’s been put out so far, completely focuses on Rey Mysterio and eliminates all mentions of Alberto and Dr. Wagner (and John Cena too, I guess.) AAA’s not posted any these, so these are probably put together by the local promoter based on whatever AAA is telling them at that time.
CaraLucha announced Dalys & Chik Tormenta vs Keira & Lady Maravilla and Fly Warrior, Centvrion, Latigo vs Metaleon, Mr. Leo, Wasson for it’s 11/28 show.
Alfredo writes about the future of Sombra and the Ingobernables.
Segunda Caida reviews Delta, Dragon Lee II, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Puma, Virus
Toryumon Mexico (SUN) 11/22/2015 Domo del Deportivo Plan Sexenal, Distrito Federal
1) Makiavelico vs Principe Asgard
2) Daisuke Hanaoka & Rocket Rojo vs Fiero & Fireman
3) Diosa Atenea & Índio Sioux vs La Comandante & Reyna Isis
4) Hombre Bala Jr., Pantera I, Súper Ciudadndo, Tigre Del Ring vs Mouster, Patan, Piel Roja, Snake
5) Brazo de Platino, Máximo, Último Dragón vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Gran Guerrero, Rey Bucanero
The usual the Toryumon card – Ultimo Dragon vs Arkangel and/or a Guerrero, a women’s match, some random CMLL people in the undcard, some trainees we only see four times a year.
Leyenda (SAT) 12/05/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Miss Janeth & Tania vs Lola Gonzalez & Rossy Moreno
2) Kahoz & Rambo vs Danny Boy & Flecha
3) Súper Muñeco, Súper Pinocho, Súper Ratón vs Black Terry, Scorpio Jr., Shu el Guerrero
4) Gallego, Rocky Santana, Romano Garcia vs Solar I, Súper Astro, Ultraman
5) Canek, Dos Caras Sr., Mil Máscaras vs Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata, Brazo de Platino
referee will be Coloso Colosetti & Dorrel Dixon
and your usual El Toreo throwback card.
RCH (THU) 12/03/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Rayo Star & Reina Dorada vs Felina Metalica & Látigo
2) Lady Shani, Mamba, Súper Fly vs Drago (AAA), Estrella Divina, Goya Kong
3) Arez vs Golden Magic, Impulso, Centvrión, Mr. Leo, Fly Warrior
4) Fenix (AAA) & Pentagón Jr. vs Súper Nova & Texano Jr.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Psycho Clown ©, Blue Demon [RCH HEAVY]
Full card for RCH’s return, which also doubles as an Arena Naucalpan show.
Clicking on the picture makes it a lot more readable.
Lucha Azteca is back this week, but I’m not sure which episode is going to air. I’ve got it listed as the normal episode, which would mean Volador/Sombra never makes TV.
AAA is the first of the two part show from Xalapa, so I’m mostly guessing there as well Last week’s show hyped Mysterio versus Mundo.
If LATV airs a new episode, it’s slated to be the epic Marco Corleone/Kraneo match.
La Sombra just left town. Let’s try to pretend there’s other news.
The jump everyone was talking about a whole 24 hours ago was Cibernetico. AAA met the press for the first time as part of the opening of the new lucha libre exhibit in Mexico City, while Elite had a introductory press conference with Ciber himself.
The Elite press conference had a little more news. CMLL covering it itself was news, because they mentioned AAA by name and said more luchadors from AAA were coming. CMLL luchadors are pretty much trained not to even mention AAA or it’s wrestlers by name – the most recent funny example of this was Psycho Clown being mentioned as “the Alvarado in the other promotion” – so this is a noticeable different attitude mostly due to their relationship with Elite.
Cibernetico confirmed he left AAA on bad terms and that AAA says they have him under contract. (+LuchaTV has the video.) He says he’s repeatedly asked to see the contract and AAA’s refused to show it to him, so he doesn’t believe he’s actually under contract. Cibernetico questioned how he could still be under contract to AAA and also be told he couldn’t work last Friday night’s show in Ciudad Madero because he was no longer in AAA. Cibernetico maintained that he owned his own name. (This is confirmed, there’s a trademark for Cibernetico under his name, and it’s one he used prior to coming to AAA.) Cibernetico said others from AAA may follow him because they’re unhappy with they’re being treated, blaming an unnamed person/persons big ego for not understanding the reasons people want to leave. I don’t know if he was talking about Konnan, but everyone’s going to assume he was talking about Konnan.
Ciber says he wants to get the CMLL heavyweight championship, so he can be a UWA, AAA and CMLL heavyweight champion. There’s a few people who have two of those, but no one has all three. He didn’t mention Maximo by name and may not know Maximo is champion. Those would be some matches. Ciber said he was also be in a movie.
Marisela Peña said downplayed the situation, saying luchadors switching company was part of lucha libre but she would’ve liked to see Myzteziz & Cibernetico leave more professionally. Peña took a very CMLL viewpoint: “luchadors come and go, but we have the batteries to strength new ones.” Peña did not immediately say anything when it came to Cibernetico, saying that situation would be talked about at a press conference for Guerra de Titanes, going silent for a moment, and then ending with “I think my silence say it all.” Peña said AAA owns the name “Myzteziz”, but they would not give the name to a new luchador at this moment.
Marisela Peña said AAA had a good year with some ups and downs. The Hindenburg also had some ups and downs.
The lucha libre exhibition – at Mexico City’s Museo del Objeto del Objeto – includes 90 masks, 20 costumes, 300 images, and 250 publications. 60% percent of the items are said to have never been publically displayed. AAA luchadors introduced the presentation and Victoria seems to be a sponsor. CMLL isn’t mentioned as participating in some of the articles, but they appear to have donated some material; this article shows the Leyenda de Plata trophy from the year Perro Aguayo Jr. won, which CMLL Informa displayed the week after Aguayo passed away. The Gladiatores has the most photos of the exhibit. The exhibition is open Tuesdays to Sundays thru March and costs 50 pesos for an adult ticket.
CMLL (TUE) 11/17/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Gallo & Kempo Dragón b Maléfico & Ráfaga
Gallito helped his team get the win.
2) Dalys, La Comandante, Reina Isis b Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, Silueta
Isis replaced Amapola (who ended up in Arena Mexico instead.)
3) Esfinge, Fuego, Stuka Jr. b Joker, Pierroth, Skándalo
Joker (who had been training in DF) replaced Misterioso
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush b Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
5) Volador Jr. © b Negro Casas [NWA WELTER]
Seconds were Fuego & Skandalo. 6th defense. Volador won with a top rope headscissors.
Los Ingobernables were still Los Ingobernables on this show and were on Monday in Puebla. They’ll probably keep being that way, but miss something without Sombra. No disrespect to Marco (mild disrespect to Mascara), but it’s now Rush and his goons.
IWRG (WED) 11/18/2015 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Guerrero 2000 & Magnum 44 b Aramis & Halcon Fire
Halcon Fire replaced Vardeus.
2) Ángel De La Muerte I & Ángel De La Muerte II b Black Dragón & Osiris
3) Fireman, Rocket, Shadow Boy b Matrix Jr., Power Bull, Vampiro Metálico
4) Atomic Star, Eterno, Kanon b Black Terry, Hijo del Alebrije, Látigo[super libre]
Rematch from last week. Team Eterno took falls 2/3. the last when Kanon sneaking a foul on Alebrije. Eterno challenged Terry to an apuesta match.
5) Canis Lupus, Spector, Violencia Jr. b Freyser, Mega, Ultra Mega
Spector replaced Liderk.
Eterno/Terry is going to be awesome if it happens. I’m not entirely sure why that isn’t the main event feud, but Wednesday are odd.
CMLL posted the Delta/Sagrado lightning match.
This is a few days old, but Estrellas del Ring posted video of a crazy hard chop exchange between Herodes, Los Traumas, Rush, and La Sombra. (Marco wisely decides he’s got better things to do; I wouldn’t get in there either.) That’s from Sombra’s last match in Mexico for the time being, a match in Monterrey for Tinieblas’ FULL promotion. Sombra was going 110% even in his last match in Mexico for a promotion he’ll likely never work for again. At the time I saw this, a few days ago, I was thinking about how great it was for Herodes to get the heck out of CMLL because his career seems to be going better (and much funner) than it would’ve been if stuck in CMLL the last couple of years. There’s no way he would’ve been in this match if he still teaming with also Arkangel & Nitro in segunda. Hope we’re saying the same thing about Sombra in a couple years, with him reaching the new heights because we wouldn’t have expected because he took the same chance.
Laredo Kid told people he was going to Lucha Underground. His name has come up with the show, but the only Mexico based guys who’ve worked with the show are signed with AAA, and Laredo’s not working with AAA except when they come to Nuevo Laredo. He also previously said he was going to NXT and only appeared there for a tryout.
LuchaWorld has a recap of yesterday’s CMLL Informa. The highlight of this show was JCR saying the bodybuilding contest might air on YouTube. Even Informa doesn’t have the CMLL information. The second highlight was Terrible asking why Cibernetico calls himself a luchador when he has no idea how to wrestle. Boby Z dropped his complaints about Guerrero Maya going to Japan, so that’s an angle going nowhere. I hope Panther gets his match with Minoru Suzuki. LuchaWorld also has KrisZ’s news update.
IWRG (SUN) 11/22/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Black Dragón & Omega vs Adrenalina & Power Bull
2) Centvrión, Látigo, Mr. Leo vs Hip Hop Man, Imposible, Vortize
3) Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro, Pantera I vs Diablo Jr. I, Eterno, Violencia Jr.
4) Apolo Estrada Jr. & El Hijo del Diablo © vs Hijo del Pantera & Pantera[IWRG IC TAG]
second defense for the Gringos
5) Danny Casas, Toscano, Veneno vs Engendro Jr., Máscara Año 2000 Jr.,X-Fly
Engendro Jr. popped up on Arena Coliseo Guadalajara shows, so this fits the profile as someone coming to Mexico City for training/tryout and picking up IWRG matches while he’s here. (Or it’s a vastly different Engendro Jr.)
Panteras are previous champions getting a rematch.
Third match is Dinamic Black’s first regular IWRG match since 2013. He was Welterweight champion, there was a strange title match that ended in a draw, then Dinamic quit IWRG without losing the title. Time heals all wounds (and he’s since seemed to be allied with Pantera I, who’s also back of late.)
Someone’s name was scratched out and Latigo’s name was placed in that spot. That could be a really good match.