CMLL (TUE) 09/10/2019 Arena México [CMLL, Lucha Central, The Gladiatores]
1) Pequeño Nitro & Pierrothito b Fantasy & Último Dragóncito
2) Disturbio, Espíritu Negro, Nitro b Magia Blanca, Oro Jr., Príncipe Diamante
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Pegasso, Star Jr., Stigma b Ares (Costa Rica), Escualo (Costa Rica), Kaiser (Costa Rica)
Tecnicos took 2/3.
4) Rey Cometa b Pólvora [lightning]
Rey Cometa won in 8:13.
5) Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys b Flyer, Kráneo, Stuka Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
6) Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla DQ Carístico, Valiente, Volador Jr.
Cavernario faked a foul from Volador, setting up a singles match.
CMLL (TUE) 09/10/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Mágico, Metatrón, Rielero b Exterminador, Maléfico, Ráfaga
tecnicos took 1/3?. Exterminador’s first match here since May.
2) El Coyote, Hijo del Signo, Sádico b Arkalis, Joker, Retro
rudos took 1/3
3) La Jarochita, La Maligna, Sonya b Amapola, La Metálica, Reyna Isis
tecnicas took 2/3, setting up a Jarochita/Metalica title match
4) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón b Diamante Azul, Dulce Gardenia, Soberano Jr.
rudos took 1/3.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Ángel de Oro, Dragón Lee, Niebla Roja
rudos took 1/3, UG stealing Dragon Lee’s mask to pin him. That set up a UG/Lee match.
Ultimo Guerrero and Dragon Lee would be a first time ever match. Dragon Lee has talked about wanting to face different people and it does seem like there’s a CMLL effort to accommodate that wish. Not sure if they have enough different people for it to last though.
Killer Kross talked to Sporting News about his current issue with Impact. He confirms he was booked on the New York show and then was unbooked once Impact came aboard. Kross says he’s spoken with everyone in AAA and he remains on good terms with them.
(Impact coming aboard the AAA NY show late is still confusing. Did AAA not know they needed a New York wrestling license until late? Did something else fall thru?)
Yesterday, Cain Velasquez was on ESPN’s Ariel Helwani’s MMA show. A lot of the lucha libre stuff had been talked about in previous appearances, though Velasquez gives credit to Psycho Clown for helping him learn the headscissors spots he did at TripleMania. He learned them the night before. Velasquez seemed to say his deal with AAA includes the provision that he can’t wrestle (or fight) anywhere else until after the LA show. That’s a pretty sweet deal for AAA.
At the end of the interview, Ariel asked him where he could watch the AAA in NY show. Cain Velasquez explained it would air on Twitch and free in Latin America. That’s how TripleMania aired and how most AAA shows are airing, but the AAA in NY (and LA) shows are airing on FITE TV for $30. Some goofball on Twitter last night pointed out AAA’s done a typically poor job of advertising this fact. In a remarkable coincidence, AAA started mentioning the PPV and RT-ing Fite’s mentions of the show today. There’s still not a lot of awareness about that showing being a PPV and not being on Twitch; maybe AAA ought to do some programming on Twitch Sunday to let people in the US know they need to buy it and to let the Mexican fans to know it won’t be airing until next week), if that’s allowable under their deal with Twitch.
The plan with this AAA show in NY was all along to get a strong walk-up. That needs some word of mouth in the area. Cain doing interviews this week is part of that plan. It’s a good start. Hopefully there are a lot more interviews this week if AAA is trying to attract a big crowd; Demon or Wagner or Taya should be in New York all weekend. From the outside, the AAA NY show instead feels like something AAA was very interested in first and now is doing just to count it among the accomplishments they’ve done, not because they’re particularly invested in making it a success. That’s probably not the case on the inside, there’s likely a cavalcade of people working hard so the AAA show comes together, but there are pieces missing on the promotional side. Today is Wednesday, nearly half the matches for Sunday are still not announced. There is apparently a card – Adrian Mendoza mentioned it looked good, Dave the Clown says he’s on the show, I guess both of those statements could be true – but it’s still not announced nearly 24 hours after that tweet saying it existed.
The producers of the upcoming documentary about Perro Aguayo mention they never got to talk to Perro Aguayo himself, despite working with the family on the film.
EMW as advertising Tiago on their 09/27 show representing AAA. The former Mini Charly Manson was with the Crash as recently as their July show.
Dark Scoria has opened a wrestling school in Durango. The cost is 50 pesos a week or 200 per month.
IWRG (SUN) 09/22/2019 Arena Naucalpan
1) Chicanito vs Avisman
2) Puma de Oro & Shadow Boy vs Death Metal & Neza Kid
3) Atomic Star, Auzter, Mexica vs Ra-Zhata, Shil-Kha, Toshiharu
4) Dinamic Black, Freelance, Halcón Negro Jr. vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
5) Capo del Norte & Capo del Sur vs Herodes Jr. & Hijo de Pirata Morgan and Black Warrior Jr. & El Hijo del Medico Asesino and Demonio Infernal & Eterno
6) Hijo del Alebrije, Imposible, Relámpago, Séptimo Dragón, Súpernova, The Tiger vs Ave Rex, Heddi Karaoui, Hip Hop Man, La Mosca, OT Fernandez, Zumbi
Hip Hop Man posted this one a bit early because it’s Hip Hop Man’s return from injury. (Unless he’s the mystery guy on the Argentina team this Monday.) The new evil ninja turtle will make a second appearance. If I know IWRG undercard gimmicks, there’s no telling if he’ll make a third.