Connecting to my home computer is a pain right now and this is a day late anyway. I’ll skip the chart this weeks. Everyone pretty much is airing when it’s supposed to.
CMLL’s back at 8:30pm with the show on ClaroSports. You know the lineup from the preview. The undercard could be good, and you’ll probably want to tune at least by 9:45 CT to catch the last couple matches.
AAA will wrap up TripleMania. I believe they’re skipping the Lucha Underground match, and will instead air the four way tag team match and Pagano vs Psycho Clown.
Elite will air matches from tonight’s show in Neza, and we might get an idea of where they’re taping next.
CMLL 52MX will air three matches from the 09/12 Puebla show: probably the main event to set up the tag title match, and maybe the semimain too.
Azteca US may air the second episode of Elite; it’s hard to tell. If they do, that included the great Caristico/Volador match and also Atlantis/Mascara.
If you’re in Mexico, you can see CMLL Titanes en el Ring on ClaroSports. That should have the top matches from this past Friday’s Arena Mexico show (and it’ll be interesting if they air the main event.) This is now the only repeat of the Friday show.
I’m really not sure where they’re at with LATV, but they’d be at Ultimo Guerrero vs Volador if nothing got skipped.
Lucha Retro is listed on some program guide, and still UFC on others. The ones that said UFC were correct last week.
Puebla will air on YouTube with Dragon Rojo vs Angel de Oro and Marco, Pierroth, Rush vs Euforia, Maximo and UG.
This is normally the Sunday IWRG day, but there’s been no new episdoes this week.
CMLL’s normal Tuesday show has a normal card. At 7:30pm!
Lucha Underground episode 4 is “Brothers in Broken Arms”, a possible reference to Chavo & Azteca both getting their arms broken by Pentagon Jr. They have a match with Rey Mysterio as referee. The preview says the Worldwide Underground vs Sexy Star/Fenix/Drago/Aerostar will also take place, and hints at a match for Cortez Castro. There’s three matches left from the first night of tapings, one of them is a Castro match. (It’s possible another one of those may be added to make it a four match show.)
AAA (FRI) 10/28/2016 Lienzo Charro de Los Reyes Ixtacala, Tlalnepantla, Estado de México
1) El Apache, Faby Apache, Mary Apache vs Mamba, Mocho Cota Jr., Soul Rocker
2) ?, Aerostar, Venum vs Dave The Clown, Parka Negra, Súper Fly
3) Hijo del Fantasma vs Jack Evans, Angélico
4) Dark Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Zorro vs Averno, Chessman, Ricky Marvin
5) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Daga, Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr. and Damián 666, Dr. Wagner Jr., Pagano
Air Date: 11/05 – this only has five matches, so it’s probably the one show taping we were looking at. Even with it not being as long as usual, this means AAA’s announced the next seven weeks of TV (TripleMania part 3, Hard Rock, Heroes Inmoratles Part 1, Heroes Inmortales Part 2, Tlahuelilpan 1, Tlahuelilpan 2, and Tlalnepantla).
The main event is listed as an extreme match, but when do those guys not have an extreme match?
Xinetez/OGT rematch on this show, so that’s a program – and the Apaches are around. That three way trios match seems more likely.
Third match is not a cruiserweight title match, so it’s possibly setting up one. The good news for Jack is he could just sit on the floor and watch this match, and then he’s finally escaped doing a three way match. (There really should be something on the line, or Jack & Angelico are going to look like idiot tecnico friends for fighting each other instead of just agreeing that one of them will beat Fantasma.)
Venum is still around! Possible. That other spot would normally go to Ludxor, but he’s not in AAA and it doesn’t sound like he’d be able to wrestle at this point anyway. There’s long been talk about moving Dinastia up to the main division, and maybe this might be it, though Dave the Clown on the other side will make that harder.
It’s September, but AAA’s getting down to the last few tapings to announce. There’s probably a taping the first week of November. A Ciudad Juarez newspaper announced a taping on 11/20 (but that was month ago and so it always subject to change.) Guerra de Titanes is probably a couple weeks after that, and they could bring back the late December taping if everything goes as scheduled.
CMLL (TUE) 09/20/2016Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [+LuchaTV, Martes de Glamour]
1) Metálico, Ráfaga, Rey Trueno b Leono, Mágico, Magnum Rudos took 1/3.
2) Misterioso Jr., Okumura, Sagrado b Blue Panther Jr., Esfinge, The Panther Rudos took 1/3.
3) Felino, Kráneo, Ripper b Blue Panther, Johnny Idol, Stuka Jr. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Marco Corleone b Terrible Marco took 2/3 to beat Terrible and win the feud.
5) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Mistico b Gran Guerrero, Matt Taven, Rey Bucanero Matt Taven replaced Shocker. Tecnicos took 1/3.
CMLL continues it’s stretch of bigger than usual Friday shows with a double main event tonight. The last match is this year’s Reyes del Aire match, a 12 man cibernetico to determine the best high flyer in the promotion. In reality, a bunch of people who are not normally considered high flyers (but good at catching their big moves) will be included. Last year’s winner was La Sombra. He will not be repeating. Volador is a 3 time winner, Valiente a 2 time winner, and La Mascara won the 2006 tournmanet.
The field is Mistico, Volador, Dragon Lee, Mascara Dorada, Valiente and Maximo as tecnicos, and Mephisto, Negro Casas, Dragon Rojo, La Mascara, Barbaro Cavernario and Euforia as rudos. Cavernario is the only rudo who might stand a chance at winning; La Mascara should do well as part of the usual post mask match bounce, but wouldn’t fit as a winner. The winner is probably coming from the tecnico side, probably from the Mistico, Volador and Dragon Lee group. Mascara Dorada is as good as them, but isn’t going to win while going to WWE, even as many times as I joke about it on podcasts. I said Dragon Lee yesterday, but today I’m feeling more like they’ll give Mistico a big win. Hopefully they’ll have the right audience for it.
The other main event is Matt Taven facing Rush, in Taven’s last match in ROH. The outcome is pretty obvious, but the match itself should still be interesting. Taven’s looked better than I would’ve guessed coming of a knee injury, and this will be his one big chance to have a singles match in Mexico so he might really go for it. Rush has mixed well with foreigners, so they could have something quite good here.
ESTO interviewed Matt Taven, who seems to have enjoyed his time in Mexico and notes Rush hurt his cheekbone. That dropkick is not fun. Taven says has a plan for Rush.
There are four more matches, which might get shorted on time given how much they’ll need for the later ones. Atlantis, Marco and former Reyes del Aire winner Stuka take on Ultimo Guerrero, Terrible and Shocker. Angel de Oro, also a former winner, teams with Titan & Johnny Idol against Bobby Z, Ephesto and Hechicero. Fuego, Pegasso and Soberano Jr., who probably will win a Reyes del Aire if they keep it going long enough, fight Puma, Tiger and Virus in a good looking segunda. The show opens with Oro Jr. & Star Jr. against Cancerbero & Raziel.
CultIcon also previews the show. It will air on ClaroSports back at the normal time of 8:30pm. I’ll be at the show live again, and it’ll be impossible for me to record it, so you’ll have to look elsewhere if you miss it.
Meanwhile, Elite tapes their TV show in Arena Neza. It’s unclear if this is one time stop; Elite’s suggested they’re moving around a bit. They’ve got two big singles matches – Caristico versus Xtreme Tiger and Cibernetico versus Rey Escorpion – but that arena has been a tough draw outside of regular AAA TV tapings. The show will air Saturday night on Azteca.
AAA/Ouduo announced Akebono, Kenzo, Naomichi Marufuji, Taiji Ishimori, Aja Kong, Natsu Sumire, Masato Tanaka, Ikuto Hidaka, and Toshizo for the 10/26 Star Battle show. Everyone but the masked Toshizo also participated in the Lucha World Cup .
CMLL (TUE) 09/27/2016Arena México
1) Leono & Robin vs Artillero & Cholo
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Magnus, Oro Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Metálico, Sangre Azteca
3) Fuego, Soberano Jr., The Panther vs Misterioso Jr., Puma, Sagrado
4) Blue Panther Jr. vs Virus [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Dragón Lee vs Cavernario, La Máscara, Mr. Niebla
6) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Titán vs Pierroth, Ripper, Rush
We lucked out on which Tuesday show to see. Lots of trios matches with good people mixed in with not good (maybe the tercera has the most hope) and nothing sticking out. Blue Panther Jr/Virus should at least be interesting.
CMLL (TUE) 09/27/2016Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Explosivo & Neutrón vs Mr. Apolo & Relámpago
2) Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit, Sanely vs La Seductora, Reyna Isis, Tiffany
3) Esfinge, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Okumura, Skándalo, Tiger
4) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Máximo Sexy vs Rey Bucanero, Sam Adonis, Terrible
5) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Negro Casas, Shocker
Main event is has the Sky Team versus the tag champions and Shocker. I’m guessing they’re repeating the tag title match here. Mascara Dorada continues to wrestle in Guadalajara.
IWRG (WED) 09/28/2016Arena Naucalpan
1) Águila Enmascarada & Kira vs Crecy León & Crezy Tiguer
2) Canario, Keshin Drago, Volta vs Charly Boy, Guerrero 2000, Vardeus
3) Fireman, Omega, Shadow Boy vs Keshin Black, Picudo Jr., Skanda
4) Cadilac, Leo, Mike vs Demetrio El Gladiador, Demonio Infernal, Hip Hop Man
5) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Araña de Plata, Atomic Star, Black Dragón, Dragón Fly, Hijo del Alebrije, Kanon vs Demente Extreme, El Pachico, Fuerza Negra, Kid Jaguar, Ojo De Halcón, Pinochito, Shadow, Tromba FILL (Black Terry) vs Lucha Libre Boom (Fantasma de la Opera)
No IWRG Wednesday shows in September inevitably ended with a Wednesday IWRG show to close out September. After an IWRG vs Lucha Memes match on Sunday, there will be an IWRG vs Lucha Libre Boom on Wednesday, a prelude to LLB running their own show in a couple of weeks.
Demeterio, Hip Hop Man’s dad, is back in the semifinal.