Toryumon Mexico (SUN) 08/08 Sala de Arams Magdalena Mixhuca [Estrellas del Ring, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) Negro Casasola & Semental b Brazo de Platino Jr. & Insolito
2) Mima Shimoda b Lluvia, Marcela
3) Trauma I & Trauma II b Camaleón & Ministro
4) Super Makita & Super Suzuki b Medico Asesino Jr. & Pequeño Nitro
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr., Último Dragón DQ Brazo de Oro, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
Wacky Toryumon Mexico show that goes unmentioned until after it happens = business as usual. Ultimo Dragon says they drew 3,500. That seems high given the photos (though they still look to have a good number.)
Brazo de Oro was a replacement for Shocker, which doesn’t actually make sense with that match and now I’m disappointed it didn’t happen. DQ for Rey fouling Dragon and yanking his mask. Bucanero was in Guerreros gear here; he’s so completely switching between that look and his new Pirate of the Caribbean look depending on who he’s teaming with that day.
Suzuki & Makita (wireless power tools) were two sponsors, so wrestlers came to the ring with their products and they had wrestlers under their mask. Super Makita is Brazo de Platino according to the recap (and his trunks.) Super Suzuki looks like Veneno. (EDIT: It’s actually Pequeno Boricua)
The Traumas are not banned from this promotion. Not sure if a women missed the segunda or they forgot Hiroka was otherwise occupied and they needed a new ruda. (Though usually La Comadante works here too, so maybe there was just a conflict.)
IWRG (SUN) 08/08 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Super Halcon Jr. b Alan Extreme
2) Comando Negro & Magia Negra b Dinamic Black & Jack
3) Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco b Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro [MEX TRIOS]
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Marshal b Aerostar, Gato Eveready, Laredo Kid, Súper Fly
5) Scorpio Jr., Trauma I, Veneno b Billy Boy, Decnnis, El Brazo
Brazo & Guapito had more problems in the main event. Guapito had a mini chair, Brazo told him to hit Scorpio, Scorpio moved, Brazo took it and Scorpio covered him for the pin. Scorpio still wants the hair match with Guapito on the line.
The odd four way tag became a less odd atomicos. After some eliminations, Fierro got away with a foul on Super Fly for the pin.
Gringos VIP retained their trios titles last night, thanks to Diablo powerbombing Dr. Cerebro and putting his feet on the bottom rope. Dr. Cerebro wants a singles match.
CMLL (SUN) 08/08 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Javier Cruz Jr. b Templario
2) Idolo & Virgo b Drago & Infierno
3) Ángel del Mal & Rey Trueno b Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro
4) Eléctrico, Mascarita Dorada, Meteoro b Demus 3:16, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
5) Jushin Liger, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, La Sombra, Shocker
Ultimo Guerrero pinned Shocker with his feet on the rope. Shocker demanded a singles match next week.
Minis match was said to be quite good.
Angel del Mal beat Metal Blanco, and asked for another shot at Blanco’s Occidente Welterweight Championship.
(El Reforma via azixs979 @ el martinete) Volador explains he turned rudo because tecnicos like applause. OK? I guess he’ll never turn to the crowd and wave while a rudo (unlikely.) In a plot development which will not exist outside this paragraph, Volador thinks La Mascara should join him on the rudo side and help unmask Mistico.
El Siglo de Torreon catches up with hometown boy Angel de Oro, who talks about winning Fabian el Gitano’s mask. Angel de Oro says he and Plata re sons of Apolo Chavez, who also wrestled as Felino I in the 80s before retiring due to a knee injury. He also says he and Plata are known as Caidos del Cielo, which I don’t recall having actually seen before (but so is the way of CMLL tecnico group names.)
PdM (TUE) 08/17 Arena Aficion
1) La Diabólica & Medussa vs ? & ??
2) Mr. Aguilita vs Comsico, Talisman
3) Celestial, el Ángel, Super Muñeco vs Maldito Jr., Pierko el Boricua, X-Fly
4) Black Warrior, Hijo del Lizmark, Súper Nova vs Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween
Los Perros have been showing up here on Tuesdays, though not every Tuesday, for a while. They’ve never really mentioned it on their website, but I wonder if they’ll mention this one for being pretty much a Perros del Mal show.