WCW Worldwide - Saturday 1/31/98
- I've been very (parniod, annoyed, idoitic, your choice)
this week, becasue of something that might have
happened...If you remember, I said I was mad at Bob Ryder
for moving the free ECW TV shows into 1wrestling.com's
premium area...and the day after that, Scoops' Al Issacs
complained about everyone complaining about 1wrestling's
premium area...either that was ironic (don't ya think) or
set off by what I said...either way, I want to express
what I wanted to say in more than one sentence and not
waste space here, so if you're intrested click here.
And this will be the last time that's brought up...
- Back to wrestling...I'm seriously considering a drive to
put Stevie Ray's picture on milk cartons...he's
dissappeared off the face of the earth.
- I'd like to take a second to thank everyone who does mail
me...usually, when I do, it's either because I forget or
just don't know what to say and it probably makes me look
like a jerk...but I really appreciate the letters. Thanks
you cmazenc on hotmail for mailing me...and yeah, I was
wrong about the superbowl, but hey, Green Bay lost, so I
don't mind :)
- Yuji Nagata over Sumo Fuji by Nagata-lock
- Sonny Onoo wasn't at ringside..must have had to
go to the 1 hour photo place
- Back and forth match...
- Kinda weird, since the voice over was tapped
before Souled Out, they can't hype the Sting vs
Hogan match at Superbrawl, and since they knew
this would be shown after Souled Out, they can't
talk about that either...so they're talking about
- Fit Finley over Buddy Lee Parker by Tombstone
- If what I've heard is true and Finley is gone
from WCW, I bet they're happy not to be stuck
showing this match later...
- On the same line of thinking...Finley had one of
those Ross Reports interviews on WCWWrestling.com
Tuesday or Wendsday, but by Friday, there was no
link to it on the main page...may have been
because of all the hype for Boston Brawl...
- Worldwide Squash Formula(WSF for short): Pushed
guy starts off good, Jobber gets a few moves in,
Pushed guy gets a few moves and the win.
- Lee Marshall talks to Dean Malenko...since Dean doesn't
have an angle right now, just about future championships
- La Parka over Barry Houston
- LA PARKA WINS! LA PARKA WINS!
- Just a quick reminder: Assuming everything goes
right, Chan and Charlie will be profiling La
Parka this Monday in their Nitro report...
- The chair is at ringside, but La Parka doesn't
get in any good shots...
- La Parka's mask seemed a little messed up after
the match...hope he has extras
- "nWo for now" Randy Savage (w/ Liz) over Ultimo
Dragon by Super Elbow Drop
- Gee, Savage matches two weeks in a row...I guess
they're trying to waste those Savage as nWo
matches while they still can...
- On my nearly totally relvant note of the
week...Some friends and I were playing Mike
Tyson's Punchout for the NES from so long ago and
we (almost) made it to a character named...Super
Macho Man, who's from Hollywood...these days,
Macho Man and Hollywood don't get along that
- Nice match...it's nice that every so often, they
give us a good match like this...keeps me from
- Meng and Barbarian (quote the graphic) (w/ Jimmy Hart)
over Michael Nova and Dave Heath by Tongan Death Grip
- Match wasn't too intersting...
- In fact, it was a typical Meng squash:Meng
dominates and no sells moves. Tongan Death Grip.
- I'm starting to realize that there a lot
of typical squashes...
- Lee Marshall talks to Ray Traylor, who's gonna take down
the nWo...and thanks the Steiners and Ted DiBase for
helping him out...
- Lex Luger over Scott Norton (w/ Vincent) by Forearm O'
- I don't even need to tell you about this
match...you know it already by heart.
- Except that Luger didn't rack Norton, and just
got the pin. Guess he doesn't Torture Rack big
guys on Worlwide :(