IWRG (SUN) 11/11/2012 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG, The Gladiatores]
1) Araña de Plata & Epidemia b Dragón Celestial & Serpiente de Oro
Serpiente de Oro turned on his partner.
2) Alan Extreme & Eita b Cerebro Negro & Dinamic Black and Dr. Cerebro & Relámpago and Carta Brava Jr. & Golden Magic [seeding battle royal, WWS WELTER]
Canis Lupus was originally listed in the tournament, but replaced by Eita. Eita was making his return from Japan. Usual seeding battle royal – no actual teams, but duos bunched together after elimination.
3) Carta Brava Jr. b Golden Magic [WWS WELTER, quarterfinal]
4) Dr. Cerebro b Relámpago [WWS WELTER, quarterfinal]
5) Cerebro Negro b Dinamic Black [WWS WELTER, quarterfinal]
6) Eita b Alan Extreme [WWS WELTER, quarterfinal]
7) Dr. Cerebro b Carta Brava Jr. [WWS WELTER, semifinal]
Dr. Cerbero beat Carta Brava Jr. with a Cerebrina.
8) Cerebro Negro b Eita [WWS WELTER, semifinal]
Cerbero Negro won with a back suplex.
9) Cerebro Negro b Dr. Cerebro [WWS WELTER, final]
Cerbero Negro gave Dr. Cerbero his own Cerebina, Dr. Cerbero appeared to kick out, the referee counted three again. Fans were unhappy and wanted a rematch.
10) Canis Lupus, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b La Cobra, Trauma II, Veneno
Canis Lupus moved up to this match, replacing Hijo del Solitario (who did no-showed the previous Sunday’s show.) It’s the character’s first match in months, and The Gladitores says it’s a new one. Fierro replaced Toxico. Rudos won, taking falls 1/3.11) Bestia 666, Damián 666, Oficial 911 b el Ángel, Pantera, Trauma I
Originally announced as an atomicos, proceeded without Factor & Hijo de Pirata. Rudos took 1/3. 911 and Angel feuded heavily, 911 pinning Angel with a Styles Clash for the win. Angel & 911 agreed to a deal – Angel will give 911 a shot at his Middleweight title, but 911 must agree to a mask vs mask should he lose.
(results corrected at 11pm)
Show will, cross your fingers, air tonight on AYM Sports.
Looks like this is the beginning of a new Cerebro/Cerebro story. Which makes up for the Angel one which didn’t go anywhere. (Maybe Elisa will get to the bottom of it!) 911 vs Angel sounds fun too, and Canis vs Cobra has potential to be a quicky mask match.