taped 2013-05-26 @ Deportivo Toltitlan, Tultitlan, Estado de Mexico
AAA FUSION (SAT) 06/29/2013 Deportivo José María Morelos y Pavón, Distrito Federal
1) Lolita & Mamba vs Taya Valkyrie & Yuriko
2) Máscarita Divina & Rey Celestial vs Mini Charly Manson & Mini Chessman
3) Alebrije, Argenis, Espíritu vs Argos, Danny Casas, El Apache
4) Crazy Boy, Fénix, Joe Lider vs Carta Brava Jr. (IWRG), Eterno, Steve Pain
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Daga, Halloween, Psicosis
Edit 06/28: Show has been canceled.
Air Date: 07/03 and 07/10. Again, looks like 2 weeks and so one match (the opener) may not air.
Five days notice! These things come together late, I see.
Look: I’ve written a lot of dumb stuff on this blog. A lot. Maybe some went up this morning. The post and I spent analyzing the roster split goes way up the list as dumbest wastes of time. Mini Charly Manson, Espiritu, Apache, Psicosis, Halloween, Daga, Taya, Yuriko, and Mamba were all listed as Evolucion luchadors. The split was supposed to take place the day after TripleMania, but not so much. I think this just means this is tough and maybe not worth doing, and that we all should have expected this to happen with AAA.
The not-split is probably more exciting than this lineup. Not exactly the biggest star power lineup when Steve Pain is in the semimain. Very consistent with what’s been on Fusion of late, but you don’t need star power to have a fun show. Minis match could be good, semimain has a good chance as does the tercera. Alebrije & Espiritu continue their strange team with Argenis flipping in for Super Fly.
This may means the 07/07 Ecatepec taping is not a Fusion taping – but they’re going to need more TV after this one is done, and that date still sort of fits for when Fusion will need more TV. We’ll find out when it’s announced (next week?)
AAA Fusion (SUN) 05/26/2013 Deportivo Toltitlan, Tultitlan, Estado de Mexico [AAA]
1) Flamita, Gotita de Plata, Saturno b Carta Brava Jr., Danny Casas, Eterno
Carta Brava & Eterno made it over here instead of IWRG. Danny Casas and Gotita de Plata’s debut.
2) Mamba & Yuriko b Chica Ye-Ye & Pasion Kristal
Chica Ye-ye, who had been in last year’s QPPLC, debuted here. Yuriko pinned him with a German suplex for the win.
3) Dinastía & Máscarita Divina b Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Charly Manson
Divina beat Manson for the win.
4) Devil Rocker, Soul Rocker, Uro Rocker b Alebrije, Espíritu, Súper Fly
Uro Rocker replaced Machine Rocker, a tragic change. Especially for Alebrije and Cuije – Uro sat on them both for the win.
5) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider DQ Halloween & Psicosis
Psicosis beat Crazy Boy with a super Arabian facebuster, but the Perros kept beat up the tecnicos and Piero called for an excessive violence DQ. Psicosis couldn’t believe such a thing and complained he was robbed of a win.
6) Cibernético & El Mesías b Chessman & Parka Negra
Mesias splashed Parka Negra for the clean pin.
Air Date: 06/05, 06/12, maybe even 06/19
I’m with Psicosis – a disqualification for beating up tecnicos after the match? The Perros can’t just do whatever they’d like? This doesn’t sound like the AAA I know.
No Machine Rocker = no fun times.
I hope these shows turn back interesting after TripleMania, but the opener and the minis match sound good.
AAA FUSION (SAT) 04/20/2013 Estadio Beisborama, Córdoba, Veracruz
1) ? vs ??
locals dark match
2) Jinzo & Lucky Boy vs Black Mamba & Yuriko
3) Atomic Boy, Faby Apache, La Jarochita vs Gran Apache, Sexy Lady, Taya Valkyrie
4) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider vs Dr. Cerebro & Eterno
5) Alan Stone, El Elegido, Toscano vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
6) Drago, Fénix, Octagón vs Chessman, Pentagón Jr., Silver King
7) Cibernético, Cuervo, Escoria vs Daga, Halloween, Psicosis
air date: 05/02 to 05/16 – though these matches have been shorter, so maybe it’s 3 to a show and only two weeks?
Lineup from here. KrisZ has the lineup – and it being FUSION – confirmed. The article says this is the first time AAA’s taped TV in Cordoba. This baseball stadium is a 12,000 seater. AAA ran the same building about this time last year, with Dr. Wagner and Electroshock vs La Parka & Silver King on top.
It doesn’t seem like anything in particular is happening on these Fusion shows. I guess it’s possible this is post roster split, but there’s no sign of of people being shuffled by such a thing. I’d be surprised if anything happens in that direction before TripleMania, but maybe that’s something AAA needs to say – all they’ve done so far is announce there will be a split, and then taped weeks of TV where no split is evident.
Semimain could be quite good if Octagon gets lost coming to the ring. Rockers match will be a test to see if Toscano’s new trio can have good matches, or if their characters make that unlikely.
Mexican Powers vs IWRG match is listed as a battle for honor, but AAA calls a lot of matches that.
Atomic Boy and Gran Apache continue fighting.
AAA FUSION (SAT) 04/06/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [AAA]
1) Bugambilia & La Jarochita b Dama de Hierro (DF) & Nemesis
Bonus dark match.
2) Dinastía & Octagoncito b Mini Chessman & Mini Psicosis
moved to the opener, Octagoncito replaced Mascarita Sagrada.
3) Eterno, Lucky Boy, Niño de Ébano b Flamita, Jinzo, Lanzeloth
Money thrown in.
4) Gran Apache, Mamba, Sexy Lady b Atomic Boy, Lolita, Pasion Kristal
Apache snuck in a foul on Atomic Boy.
5) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Argenis, Dizzy, Zumbi
Machine beat Dizzy with the Inferno suplex.
6) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider b Daga & Psicosis
Nino Hamburugesa was with the tecnicos. Joe Lider stapled Psicosis’ face after the match.
7) Electroshock, Fénix, La Parka b Chessman, Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr.
Fenix beat Pentagon Jr.
Air date: 04/11, 04/18, 04/25
Not much the way of news. Attendance looks much better than last time here and Arena Neza. Maybe the best turnout since the first Fusion taping.
Lucky Boy and Nino de Ebano should figure out something vaguely rudo to do if they’re going to be on the rudo side.
Dizzy has a match every 2 years.
There’s been a bunch of Nemesis, include one we think was Hijo del Pirata Morgan in IWRG (though that’s unclear), one who part of the Fuerza Aerea (who was also Barrio Boy Javi), a Nemesis who was hanging around IWRG in 2010, and one who’s been wresting in this building this year. That’s just the DF based ones, it gets more confusing. Not idea which one this might be, but it’s quite the random inclusion. Maybe they ran out of DTU guys. This Dama de Hierro is not the Monterrey one, but the one who never really made out of CMLL’s school before joining friends here.
AAA FUSION (SAT) 04/06/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Flamita, Jinzo, Lanzeloth vs Eterno, Lucky Boy, Niño de Ébano
2) Dinastía & Mascarita Sagrada vs Mini Chessman & Mini Psicosis
3) Atomic Boy, Lolita, Pasion Kristal vs Gran Apache, Mamba, Sexy Lady
4) Argenis, Dizzy, Zumbi vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
5) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider vs Daga & Psicosis
6) Electroshock, Fénix, La Parka vs Chessman, Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr.
Air Date: 04/04-04/18, give or take a day. Should be broken up over three weeks.
I have this theory that part of Rey de Reyes will air on Fusion. I have nothing but flimsy evidence for this theory, but it would explain the couple week gap going on here.
The first Fusion taping after the tournament is over has the Fenix in the main event. He appears to be matched up again Pentagon Jr., so old times are back again. The show itself seems more like a regular AAA TV taping, with one main event match replaced by “Rockers vs Guys Who Are Almost Never On TV” as a fourth match. That’s not a big main event, but it La Parka seems like a bigger deal than the Psycho Circus and the Infierno Rockers and we’ll see if it draws any better.
This is Dizzy’s first appearance since the equally random appearance last February in Cancun. He was a rudo then. I’m going to take an easy guess here and assume he’s got some other job. My assumption is everyone else is booked at some spot shows AAA hasn’t listed. My realization is Astro de Plata would’ve been booked a whole lot if he didn’t get hurt.
There’s no obvious sign of a Fusion only roster. If AAA has planned anything more than “there’s going to be a split”, they’ve kept it very quiet so far.
The really should finish off the Atomic Boy & Gran Apache feud on Fusion; it could be a semimain event on these shows.
AAA FUSION (FRI) 03/01/2013 Arena Neza [AAA, Black Terry Jr. (flickr), MT (FUSION), MT (rest)]
1) Flamita & Jinzo b Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano
Atomic Boy was attacked by Gran Apache before the match, so Jinzo (last seen in QPPLC) took his place.
2) Mari Apache b Lolita [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
3) LuFisto b Cinthia Moreno [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
LuFisto won in her debut here.
4) Fabi Apache b Sexy Lady [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
5) Taya Valkyrie b Jennifer Blake [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
Sexy Lady, LuFisto (who is apparently a ruda) and Mary Apache all helped out Taya to win. The tecnicas made the save after the match.
6) Juventud Guerrera b Pentagón Jr. and Aerostar and Último Gladiador [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal]
Elimination went Gladiador (by Juvi), Aerostar (by Pentagon), and Pentagon (by Juvi). Both Aerostar (maybe on a dive before the finish, maybe on Pentagon’s package piledriver) and Pentagon (wheelbarrow Juvi Driver?) were hurt and taken to the hospital.
7) Crazy Boy b Súper Fly, Angelico, Halloween [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal]
Crazy Boy, making his return to the ring and accompanied by Nino Hamburguesa, was the mystery person. Super Fly replaced Ricky Marvin, oddly announced for this show despite being booked in Germany at the same time and never mentioned on the show. Halloween attacked Nino before the match and Nino sought revenge during the match. Halloween beat Super Fly, Crazy Boy beat Halloween, and Crazy Boy beat Angelico for the win.
8) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
Uro Rocker appeared to distract the Clowns again. Rockers made the expected challenge for the trios titles after the win.
Air Date: 03/07 & 03/14
AAA (via Dorian) announced the first two matches for Rey de Reyes after the results
- LuFisto vs Fabi Apache vs Mari Apache vs Taya Valkyrie for the Reina de Reinas title
- Fenix vs Daga vs Juventued Guerrera vs Crazy Boy for the AAA Fusion Title
A Rockers/Clowns title match couldn’t actually be announced yet – Consejo get their title rematch on Sunday – but that seems likes a good bet after the main event finish. Something with Gran Apache and Atomic Boy also seems likely. I’d expect more of that card to be announced during the taping Sunday and revealed in full on Monday.
This show itself again doesn’t look to have drawn especially well. I was skeptical of the idea that fans were identifying Fusion as a B-show and staying away for that reason, but there’s something here that’s not working out and it’s as good an idea as any.
There’s enough material here for 3 hours of shows, as mentioned prior, but I’m under the impression the next Fusion taping is really soon. Like, next weekend soon. We should hear a lineup soon if that’s the case.
AAA FUSION (FRI) 03/01/2013 Arena Neza
1) Atomic Boy & Flamita vs Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano
2) Cinthia Moreno vs LuFisto [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
3) Fabi Apache vs Sexy Lady [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
4) Lolita vs Mari Apache [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
5) Jennifer Blake vs Taya Valkyrie [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
6) Ricky Marvin vs Angelico, ?, Halloween [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal]
7) Pentagón Jr. vs Aerostar, Último Gladiador, Juventud Guerrera [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal]
8) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
Poster posted by Arena Neza Facebook. (I think I’m safe.)
Air Date: week of 03/06, 03/13, maybe 03/20?. Show may have been moved from Wednesdays to Thursdays, it’s tough to tell with TVC Deportes. It depends on how long the women’s tournament matches go, but they could do one show of them, and get two weeks out of the other four matches.
103 days between normal Fusion tapings. There’s the Hector Garza tribute (a Perros del Mal show), Guerra de Titanes and the WAVE/AAA show in Japan in between.
Sexi Star vacated her Reina de Reinas title last night via Dorian Roldan Twitter message. No reason given. She hasn’t said anything on Twitter. Not sure if there will be a further explanation on TV. Sexi Star’s most recent title defense – on the WAVE show in Japan – just aired this week on Fusion and it was notable for how much she controlled the match. She looked like a dominant champion. That was months ago, but this is a bit of a shift. Sexi Star hasn’t been on a show since the QPPLC final last December.
LuFisto is a Candaian anime influnced wrestler. She wrestled in Monterrey in 2005, mostly for LLF but occasionally in hardcore shows including a match with Joe Lider. (She’s since retired from hardcore matches.) She was back in Mexico last year for the Daga promotion. La Jarochita and La Hechicera are the only AAA women (besides Sexi Star) not to make the field. Hechicera barely makes TV, but Cinthia is the same. Jarochita was fired on the Pachuca taping, but that would seem to have been annulled; Atomic Boy was fired and he’s on this card. (Jarochita and Hechicera are not that great and we’re not missing out anything by booking Lufisto instead.) Whoever did the poster doesn’t know how AAA spells Reina de Reinas. There’s already a lot of matches here, so I’d guess the semifinals and finals are on another show.
Jennifer vs Sexi Star is a follow up to their issues in Pachuca. Mari Apache and Lolita sounds like it should be good, but Lolita struggled in the last two matches I’ve seen of her (the WAVE match and the Toluca taping); hopefully this is the start of a turn around. This is obviously Sexy Lady’s biggest match in AAA so far. Fabi’s the favorite by default, but there’s an obvious youth movement in AAA and a surprise winner is possible.
A poster on the Box Y Lucha board is convinced Pentagon Jr. is Ultimo Gladiador. This is a sad day for him. It’s also a sad day for any of us who still thought Thunder might be Angelico, though I think we’re out of those people. This is his first match in Mexico since a June TxT show. I’d guess he and Ricky are here as indy guys and not AAA contracted performers. Given the type of guys who are being used in these matches, the mystery might have intended to be Astro de Plata and the replacement might be someone similar (hope for Freelance.) Ricky and Pentagon Jr. (sneaking in this twice) are the favorites but not unbeatable ones. The two guys who advanced back in November where Fenix and Daga, and any one coming of these two qualifiers is going to set up quite the finale.
Clowns vs Rockers should be a good match. It’s noticeable that the star power is down. Wagner and LA Park headlined the last few of these, but the last few of these didn’t really draw well. This is probably a lot cheaper card to put together. AAA and Neza would like a better turnout, for visual reasons if nothing else, but it may not be as big a factor.