CaraLuchas (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), LLNEI]
1) Rolling b Magnetico
2) Arceus & Rayo Star b Kilvan & Yoruba and Alfa & Omega
3) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Metaleón b Dinamic Black, Hijo de Clímax, Imposible
4) Andy Boy, Danger King, Guerrero Mixtico b Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Trauma I
Mixtico beat Apolo after having been tied to the ropes.
5) Súper Nova © DQ Trauma II [UWA JLH]
Ref missed Nova fouling Trauma II but did see Trauma I fouling Nova in revenge and called the DQ. Nova challenged the Traumas to Nova/Texano vs Traumas on the next show.
6) Negro Navarro © b Hechicero (CMLL) [FLLM MASTER]
IWRG (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Black Fury & Cristal b Princesa Misty & Yuca La Potranquita
IWRG Debuts for the losing team.
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Araña de Plata, Dowki, Dr. Diabolico, Hip Hop Man
Dr. Diabolico (?!?!) replaced Imposible. Dowki’s first match here since March.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Canis Lupus, Chicano, Danny Casas, El Hijo del Diablo, Eterno, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47 b Black Terry,Centvrión, Ciclon Black, Emperador Azteca, Liderk, Miss Gaviota,Rayan, Tony Rivera [IWRG IC TAG, seeding battle royal]
Title vacant on 2014-11-30 when AK47 fails to appear up for a title defense. Instead of first round matches, IWRG had a seeding battle royal where the first four teams who were eliminated were dumped into a losers atomicos, and the winning four teams advanced.
4) Black Terry, Ciclon Black, Emperador Azteca, Tony Rivera bCentvrión, Liderk, Miss Gaviota, Rayan
5) Chicano & Imposible b Apolo Estrada Jr. & El Hijo del Diablo[IWRG IC TAG, semifinal]
Gringos destroyed Danny Casas, but Imposible just happened to be around to replace him (even after missing his own match!). Imposible and Chicano advanced.
6) Canis Lupus & Eterno DQ Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 [IWRG IC TAG, semifinal]
AK-47 was caught fouling Eterno
7) Canis Lupus & Eterno b Chicano & Imposible [IWRG IC TAG, final]
One fall final, with Lupus & Eterno’s experience teaming proving the edge. 24th Champions. Eterno’s second reign.
8) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. b Máscara Sagrada, Súper Nova, Veneno
Piratas took 1/3, pulling Sagrada’s mask to beat him. Veneno is just back to being a tecnco.
IWRG tournament is very IWRG, but at least they got a good final out of it. There’s an Xalapa guy named Dr. Diabolico, but it’s odd for him to be here. Hechicero made some appearances in IWRG this time last year, which turned out to be because he was trying out to IWRG.
Two of many indy shows last night, and somehow Tercera Caida was at all of them. In nearby Arena Neza, Motocross (Javier Pérez Martínez, 8 years a wrestler, from Ixtapaluca) lost his mask to Rey Neza. DTU’s cage match in Queretaro saw Ciclope lost his hair to his brother Drastick Boy after a failed attempt to leave his hermano behind. The Lucha Libre Boom show set up Freelance vs Impulso.
Arena Mexico has another Volador/Bucanero trios match even. The more interesting match is the cibernetico for the CMLL Welterweight Championship. Wednesday’s CMLL Informa indicated the cibernetico will end with two remaining, who will come back next Friday to decide the title. CMLL’s done this with other recent vacant titles, and always does a poor job of explaining it causing the cibernetico to end with boos when the fans belatedly realize they’re not getting a winner. The ripple effect is CMLL’s unlikely to run Volador/Bucanero next week since they’ve got the other singles match, and it’s got to happen on 01/10 before Volador heads off for FantasticaMania.
The field for the cibernetico is Negro Casas, Rey Cometa, Mascara Dorada, Sangre Azteca, Delta, Polvora, Titan, Kamaitachi, Fuego, and Triton. It’s a lesser star power field than it might be if it wasn’t held during the week where lots of guys are out on vacation. Triton, Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca all might not get a chance in this normally, but everyone has a chance to advance to next week because of the lack of overwhelming favorites. The biggest possible match is Negro Casas versus Mascara Dorada, but neither have been programmed that strongly and others could sneak thru. Figuring out the winner depends on how much you’re willing to believe CMLL when they say Mistico is getting the first shot. Mistico getting that shot at FantasticaMania would make some sense, and Polvora is the only rudo in this field and on the tour. There’s no other reason for Polvora would win this, so even just advancing may indicate the plan. If CMLL is planning long term, it’d make sense for Kamaitachi to at least make the finals to build him up, since he’s likely going to be in a mask feud in 3-6 months and hasn’t gotten many big wins. Or, CMLL could just be random and pick any two people – this group is deep enough that any two people should produce an interesting final.
Guadalajara has the legends main event. Rayos and Dinamitas in 2014 does not sound like a promising match, but it is the sort of thing that makes some sense to raise awareness to the new day for the shows. They’d also need someone to get the fans to come back next week when those guys aren’t around and that’s less clear. Exterminador and Leo have been disagreeing in the undercard, maybe they’ll break up on this show, but that alone doesn’t seem quite enough.
SuperLuchas looks back at past Christmas Day shows, including Roberto Paz’s retirement.
Segunda Caida praises Dragon Lee/Stuka Jr./Star Jr. v. Belial/Extreme Tiger/Impulso Chilanga Mask
LV reviews this week’s IWRG. I really liked Imposible vs Metaleon too.
AAA Caralucha (THU) 01/01/2015 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) ? vs ??
2) Andy Boy & Danger vs Kilvan & Yoruba
3) Carta Brava Jr., Drago, Súper Fly vs Fly Star, Guerrero Mixtico, Rayo Star
4) Fénix, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagon vs Flamita, Hijo del Fishman, Sky Man
5) Súper Nova & Texano Jr. vs Trauma I & Trauma II
6) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Broken Clown, Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown
Billed as AAA vs CaraLucha. Texano brothers don’t team a lot but are good when they do. Flamita could use some better partners; that’d be Sky Man’s return to the building after his injury. He’s good enough to fit in the match but it’s likely to be built to him trying the same spot that got him hurt in the first place.