In this one
Oficial 911 © vs Golden Magic for the IWRG Rey del Ring (IWRG, 02/02)
Galaxy, Hip Hop Man, Vampiro Metálico vs Atomic Star, Electro Boy, Fulgor II (IWRG, 02/04)
Caifan & Silver Star vs Alberto Dos Rios & Hijo De Centurion Negro (02/09, ACM)
Alfa, Dragón Celestial, Fulgor I, Imposible, Omega, Power Bull, Seiya, Sky Ángel vs Aztlán, Destino, Jorge Kebrada, Kanon, Onix, Operativo X, Prodigo, Vertize in a cibernetico match (IWRG, 02/09)
In this one
CMLL (MON) 09/22/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Milenium & Rey Samuray vs Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr.
2) Oro Jr., Star Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Akrón, King Jaguar, Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Estrellita vs Zeuxis [lightning]
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Felino, Puma, Tiger
5) La Máscara, Rush, Super Porky vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Thunder
6) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, La Sombra vs Gran Guerrero, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
This continues the “see UG or Atlantis” unmasked tour. Thunder starts becoming a regular part of the roster, much to everyone’s disappointment. This show has the usual dizzy “all the Ingobernables booked but not in the same match” bit.
CMLL (TUE) 09/23/2014 Arena México
1) Bam Bam & Shockercito vs Mercurio & Pierrothito
2) Metatrón, Oro Jr., Stigma vs Artillero, Metálico, Súper Comando
3) Black Panther, Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Puma, Sagrado
4) Cachorro, Pegasso, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Vangellys
5) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Titán vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
6) Mephisto © vs Valiente [MEX LH]
eight defense, second straight against Valiente
It doesn’t look too good for a Valiente win, but there’s a better chance now that they’re post-Universal tournament and more willing to do random title changes.
Pretty sure Sagrado is working lower on that card than he would’ve been as a tecnico. Also, a Panther in every match.
Oro is working here and on Monday, which would be his first matches since his injury. They’re booking Dragon Rojo despite him still being hurt, so Oro is no sure thing.
CMLL (TUE) 09/23/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Magnus & Soberano Jr. vs Infierno & Ráfaga
2) Estrellita, Marcela, Skadi vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
3) Gallo, Rey Cometa, Tritón vs Maléfico, Okumura, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
5) A Replacement For Dragon Rojo, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. vs La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush
Main event could be very good dependent on who that replacement is. All these cards where Cavernario is working one or two matches higher than Cometa kind of gives away the finsih on Friday. Skadi also seems to wrestle in matches with Marcela.
Special bonus podcast in the series of special podcasts: Jose Manuel Guillen of Tercera Caida joins us for about forty minutes of talk about his show and lucha libre.
We will be back early Saturday morning.
How to watch CMLL on Terra
The most important bit: THERE IS NO LINK TO THE SHOW UNTIL THE SHOW IS LIVE. This is NOT uStream or something along those lines with a static page you go to wait for the stream. Terra posts a new page for each stream – same as if it was a news article – and that page is not posted until a minute or so before the bell time.
CMLL Anniversary show starts at 8:30 pm Central Time. (Helpful time conversion page.) CMLL has announced a music ordinance starting fifteen minutes before show time, so the stream my sneak in early. Terra will post a link to the stream a couple minutes before. Action will not start until around 5-7 minutes after, so you should have plenty of time to find it.
Terra does not post the shows after they air. It is live or nothing. I am efforting to record the show, but since I will actually be at the show, I will not be able to monitor the recording to see if it’s working. I believe other people will be trying to record and something should turn up eventually.
Get a reminded and a link
Terra will not give out the link to the show directly, but they will remind you when it is occurring. Go here, enter your email address, and they will send you a message whatever time in advance you choose. They may even send you a direct link to the page, though I have not tried that..
The Easiest Way To Find The Stream
Go to https://twitter.com/terradeportesmx (or follow then on Twitter) shortly after the show starts. They will always post a link directly to the stream, and they will repeat the link and share results during the duration of the show. CMLL’s offical Twitter (@CMLL_Oficial) will also RT the link during the night, but sometimes not at the start of the night.
The Sure Way To Find The Stream
1) Go to www.terra.com
2) there is no step 2
3) Once the stream is live (usually with in a minute or two of show time, but sometimes later), a link to the show will appear on the Eventos bar, about a third of the way down the screen. CMLL is usually listed as something like “Lucha Libre del CMLL”. Click on either the name or the picture.
4) The stream page will automatically load and usually start the feed. (If not, there will be a play button on screen to click.)
There is a stop/play button in the bottom left of the screen, a volume button, and a video quality selection. “Alta” is the highest quality feed, “Baja” is the lowest. If the video starts to hesitate or buffer, try switching to a different feed.
“AUMENTAR” is in the bottom right of the screen, and allows you to watch full screen. Hit ESC to escape out of full screen.
What Does That Orange Circle Mean?
If you see that, it means the video player is having an issue buffering. It could be a problem with your connection – try changing the feed quality (Alta/Baja) to restart the feed. It also can mean the feed has died entirely, which does happen one every other show. It’s usually back within a couple minutes, but you may need to refresh or change feeds to pick it up again.
ChilangaMask (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena Querétaro [thecubsfan]
1) Radge b Hormiga, Ursus
Optimus did not appear, so this was changed into a three way. Hormiga beat Optimus
2) Arez & Belial b Alex Guajardo & Lobo Lafayette
The DF team beat the Queretaro team with a Belial inverted huracanrana on Alex and Arez defeating Belial. Money thrown in.
3) Maverick Benji & Psico Kid b Fulgor I & Fulgor II and Angel Rebelde & Astro Rey Jr. and Castigador & Karma
Crazy match. Eliminator order went Angel/Astro, Fulgors, Karma/Castigador with Maverick and Psico surviving as the winners. Money thrown in.
4) Impulso b Fuego Latino [falls count anywhere]
A fight in and out of the ring with a lot of big moves. Impulso landed on Fuego with a top rope splash to the floor for the win. Money thrown in.
5) Drabek I & Drabek II b L.A. Anarquista & Trauma I
Drabeks were supported loudly by their hometown crowd, and one of them beat Trauma I clean. Money thrown in.
6) Black Terry DCOR Aero Boy
third match of a series, tied 1 to 1. A fierce brawl, with the two tying up outside while they were counted out. They kept fighting for a few minutes after the end.
This was a fun show live. I wouldn’t have ever imagined making it to Arena Queretaro and it was great to have that experience.
ChilangaMask is running in Guadalajara
today Saturday. The following ChilangaMask is in October in Monterrey, and they definitely have plans beyond that date.
CMLL (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Cholo & Súper Halcón Jr. b Robin & Sensei
Super Halcon Jr. replaced Guerrero Negro Jr. and behaved profesionally.
2) Oro Jr., Starman, Stigma b Cancerbero, Canelo Casas, Raziel
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Dalys, La Comandante, La Seductora b La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Silueta
Rudas took 1/3.
4) Virus b Pegasso [lightning]
Virus won in just under six minutes.
5) Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre, Rey Bucanero b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón
rudos took 2/3, using Tormento Guerrero in the third.
6) Brazo de Plata, Titán, Valiente b Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
Tecnicos took 2/3, Valiente beating Mephisto and demanded he accept a title match for next week. Mephisto reclunctancly agreed.
Brazo de Plata replaced Dragon Rojo in the main event, and Rojo said he’d be out for at least one more month. (It didn’t stop CMLL from booking him for next week anyway.) Hopefully Mephisto doesn’t get hurt this week.
Many very strong fans have told us their stories about why they’re no longer going to CMLL any more. Plenty of complains about someone in the CMLL press department running them off, but the lackluster Tuesday cards are another big issue. CMLL made them less intersting, the medium level fans stopped showing up, CMLL saw that it was a mostly tourist crowd and decided they could try even less, and those hardcore fans got bored and left. Losing people who, even if they’re a tiny minority, go to the show every single week is adds up to big problems. (And it generally seems they’ve abandoned the Nuevo Valores concept for these shows.)
CMLL (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Artillero, Disturbio, Súper Comando b Brillante, El Divino, Índigo
Rudos took 2/3
2) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. b Maléfico, Ráfaga, Skándalo
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Boby Zavala & Olímpico © b Sky Kid & Smaker [OCCIDENTE TAG]
Zavala & Olimpico retain the tag titles by taking falls 1/3, the last by cheating. First defense
4) Diamante Azul, Dragon Lee, La Sombra b Cavernario, Hechicero, Negro Casas
5) Último Guerrero b Atlantis
billed as their final match before the mask match. UG took 2/3, with Guerrero using the ropes to win.
As Chui pointed out in the comments, this show did not sell out and it does not suggest great things for the Anniversary show crowd. Atlantis versus Ultimo Guerrero is obviously colder this year over last. It doesn’t mean CMLL was actually wrong in delaying the mask match a year becuase there’s nothing else they have ready which would draw a similiar gate next year (but then that’s not a matter of pride and more an inidication of lack of progress in creating new big matches.)
1) Guerrero Espacial, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr. b Arkalis, Meyer, Paris
Rudos took 2/3
2) Amapola & Zeuxis b Dark Angel & Estrellita
Rudas took 1/3, Zeuxis beating Estrellita and challenging her.
3) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado b Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro
Rudos took 1/3, Sagrado beating Blue Panther.
4) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. DQ Euforia, Shocker, Vangellys
a mess – Mascara was feuding with Shocker and his partners during the match. Tecnicos took 2/3, with Mascara walking out in the third but Shocker chased him down and fouled him for the DQ.
5) Marco Corleone & Rush b Rey Escorpión & Terrible [Copa 81 Anniversario]
Tecnicos took 1/3 to win the tournament and the Copa (which Marco brought back to Mexico City.)
The tournament which had a reason to exist and then lost is now over. Marco posted photos of the cup over on his Twitter, and I hope he ends up using it as a popcorn bowl or something.
It’s possible Misterioso, Pierroth and Sagrado are supposed to be the new Intocables or something and CMLL just hasn’t remembered to tell anyone. They’re booked together all the time (and not a great replacement for the Revolucionarios.)
1) Coquito b Mini Barba Negra
2) Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico Jr. b Alfa (IWRG), Anubis Black, Omega (IWRG)
3) Palomo Rouse & Reina Dorada b Krazy Star & Xatana
4) Rayo Star & Sky Man b Fly Star & Toxin Boy
Sky Man moonsaulted off an incredibly high balcony, wasn’t really caught, and landed hard. He somehow finished the match but was taken across the street to the hospital.
5) Canek Jr. & Fishman © b Dave The Clown & Rothen Clown [CWF TAG]
Dave got visual pins in the third fall, but referee Maya was knocked out. Canek used a martinete on him for the win.
6) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Flamita b Pirata Morgan & Trauma II
Pirata Morgan replaced LA Park, who appeared but did not wrestle due to stomach issues.
The Sky Man clip is everywhere. Money was thrown in, but probably not enough to pay for the damage he caused himself and definitely not the damage he could’ve done to himself (and to lucha libre in Mexico) if he had slightly missed.
1) Mercenario De La Muerte, Sexy Girl, Último Caballero b Black Niko, Vardeus,Voltar
2) Chicanito & Vampiro Metálico b Ciclon & Guerrero 2000
3) Fly Boricua, Magnum 44, Mardux Jr. b Black Cobra, Galaxy, Mercenario de la Muerte
4) Atomic Star, Hip Hop Man, Matrix Jr. b Alfa, Omega, Sky Ángel
5) Acero (AULL), Dante, Euro, Sider, Sky Fly, Yakuza b Ciclon Black, Dr. Killer,Haziel, Karate Kid, Orión, Tony Rivera [Copa High Power]
AULL vs Neza Boys. Changed to 6 vs 6 with various peoplemissing. Yakuza beat Tony Rivera, though Tony argued he kicked out in a time.
6) Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, Canis Lupus, Eterno, Golden Magic, Imposible, Veneno b Anubis Black, Capitán Muerte, Emperador Azteca, Fresero Jr., Látigo, Power Bull, Zurdog [Copa HIgh Power]
FILL vs IWRG. Changed to a 7 on 7 with some subs. Veneno beat Fresero Jr. to win. Team IWRG will face Team AULL on a future show.
It turns out it’s not a great idea to book five dozen people for your show when there’s five dozen other shows for them to appear (and probably a lot of them paid better.)
There’s at least five of these for right now…and probably about 10 later. Thrill as I watch all the IWRG and Puebla I shoudl’ve gotten to months ago.
In the one:
Electro Boy & Emperador Azteca vs Fulgor I & Fulgor II (IWRG 01/05)
Alan Extreme, Astro Rey Jr., Dragón Celestial vs Araña de Plata, Douki, Imposible (IWRG 01/05)
Águila Egipcia & Asturiano vs Artillero & Súper Comando (Puebla, 01/20)
Atlantis vs Negro Casas (Puebla, 01/27)
Read the rest of this entry »
No shows today. We went on tours instead: around Mexico City, Tercera Caida and AAA’s office. And then we ate dinner with a Dragon Gate champion. A good day.
Next podcast is after the anniversary show, but there should be fresh content before that.