IWRG (SUN) 07/26/2015Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Mano a Mano]
1) Aeroman b Araña de Plata, Hip Hop Man No Alas de Acero, so they did a three way instead.
2) Dragón Celestial & Metaleón b Enigma & Imposible very good match
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo b Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Súper Nova good match with Avisman & Super Nova looking good against each other. Super Nova and Golden Magic fought each other after the match, with Magic demanding a Junior de Juniors title chance.
4) Hijo del Solar, Máscara Sagrada, Solar I b Halloween Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II DQ Canis Lupus, Coloso Chris, Príncipe Orión Coloso Chris faked a foul in the second, Trauma I faked a foul in the third.
AYM turned up late for the show, so definitely the first match won’t air. Third match sounds pretty good.
Alberto’s rant on Myzteziz got noticed by Record, which means it’s not just an internet thing but a topic everyone in AAA is going to be asked about next time they’re in front of the media. The discusion probably won’t wait until TripleMania; there’s surely a press conference for the show that both men will be at, and they’ll both get to be asked about this. Sounds like fun. A clip of an Alberto interview may remind you of all the reasons he disliked Myzteziz in the past; this could be a new reason but the feelings are not new.
Tonight’s Arena Puebla show will have Euforia challenging Maximo for the Heavyweight championship. Maximo should remain champion. The show, which doesn’t look quite as good as last week’s Anniversary show, will air live again on CMLL.com and YouTube. CMLL never uploaded last week’s show but says they will at some point; my guess is it’s going to have to wait until it airs on TV (which means at least a two week delay.)
Sombra is still technically listed as wrestling tonight in Arena Puebla, but he’s probably going to be replaced. He has for tomorrow’s Arena Mexico show, with Titan taking his place. That show also has an added match – the Panther, Pegasso & Leono vs Raziel, Metalico, and Cancerbero – so it seems like that hair match feud is back on. The opener has also been changed, with Stukita replaced by Angelito and Pequeno Nitro replacing Olimpico.
I think this needs repeating, because I’ve seen it confused in other places: Sombra & Rush are suspended for 90 days only in Jalisco, and that mostly means Arena Coliseo Guadalajara. They’re secretly suspended from all CMLL matches for an indefinite time; no one’s said they’re suspended so we don’t know a time limit. Rush appeared to be secretly suspended from CMLL for three weeks earlier this year, so maybe that’s a good guess here, but there’s no telling for sure. (Three weeks would be 08/11 in this case.) It could be different lengths because Rush is a repeat offender, it could be shorter because they were provoked. It’s probably not 90 days every where; Niebla was secretly suspended many times before he got up to 90 days. At this point, all we know is they’re off until they’re not.
Universal has a story about Sony developing a TV show about the fictionalized history of a luchador; it’d use the name of a real life luchador who started in movies, though it sounds like the plots would be actual fiction. Given the hints, it appears to be a Blue Demon show. (Hijo del Santo would never give away the rights for something like this, so it has to be.) No air date or channel is known, and it doesn’t sound like it’s that far along.
Super Crazy b Genba Hirayanagi [GJHL] – Crazy 3-0!
Bengala b Taiji Ishimori [GJHL] – Bengala 2-1
Super Crazy b Taiji Ishimori [GJHL] – Crazy 3-1
Neither man had a tournament match on 07/26, though Bengala did win the opener. Crazy leads the block with three wins with two matches left, and Bengala is part of a group of people with two wins with three matches left.
IWRG FILL (WED) 07/29/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Blue Metal, Canario, Vaderus vs Demonio Imperial, Sexy Girl, Skanda
2) Charly Boy, Guerrero 2000, Magnum 44 vs Chicanito, Vampiro Metálico, Voltar
3) Adrenalina, Centella Oriental, Hijo Del Alebrije vs Estrella Oriental, Matrix Jr., Pluma Negra
4) Acero, Aeroman, Black Drago vs Power Bull, Rey Terco Jr., Royer Boy
5) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Araña de Plata, Atomic Star, Chapuloin, Electro Boy, Fresero Jr., Kanon vs Draego, El Brujo, Omega (Jalisco), Principe, Rayman, Roberto Paz Jr., Rudy Santana,Smaker [Copa Higher Power] FILL (Eterno’s class) versus Arena Jalisco (All Carrillo)
Forgot to include this for a few days. The Arena Jalisco crew had mentioned they were coming. Rayman in a trainee match is a ringer. Eterno should file a protest with whoever’s regulating these things.
CMLL (SAT) 08/01/2015Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala vs Camorra
2) Robin vs Akuma
3) Eléctrico vs Pequeño Nitro
4) Súper Halcón Jr. vs Raziel
5) Hombre Bala Jr. vs Puma
6) Princesa Sugehit & Silueta vs Dalys & Zeuxis
7) Dragon Lee, Fuego, Mistico vs Ephesto, Felino, Mephisto
Hombre Bala Jr. versus Puma sounds awesome.
CMLL (SUN) 08/02/2015Arena México
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Silueta vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
3) Acero, Aéreo, Eléctrico vs Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito
4) Blue Panther, Titán, Tritón vs Kamaitachi, Misterioso Jr., Niebla Roja
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
6) Dragon Lee, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Rey Escorpión, Shocker
Semimain is a rematch. Pierrothito returns in the segunda, which also continues Aereo versus Pequeno Violencia. Both those could easily happen as something to run against TripleMania (which would dissuade no one from going to TripleMania and would do better on literally any other Sunday.) That 08/09 sh0w seems like one Rush or Sombra would normally be on.
CMLL (SUN) 08/02/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Johnny Dinamo vs Guerrero de la Muerte
2) Capitan Cobra & Meteoro vs Mr. Apolo & Mr. Brisa
3) Nube Roja & Toro Negro vs Évola & Relampago
4) Frezzer, León Blanco, Neutrón vs El Yaqui, Furia Roja, Thunder Boy
5) Metatrón, Super Calo, Super Calo Jr. vs Maléfico, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
Super Calo! Super Calo? Super Calo hasn’t been seen in three years. Calo Jr. turned up a few weeks ago on an indy show. I have no idea why either of them are main eventing this show.
Leon Blanco is also back here for the first time in a year.
CARA Lucha (SAT) 07/25/2015Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Imparables del Ring, Kronosport, The Gladiatores]
1) Magnético & Puma Galáctico b Heredero Maya & Lasser
2) Ludark Shaitan b Hahastary and Keira and Lady Maravilla Ludark was back from last week’s knee injury and got the win.
3) Pegazuz, Rayo Star, Sky Man b Magnífico I, Magnífico II, Templario Great match.Money thrown in. Sky Stars challenged Los Magnificos for a 2v2 match.
4) Hombre Bala Jr. DQ Leo Great match. Bala tossed his mask to Leo to draw the DQ.
5) Bárbaro Cavernario & Herodes Jr. b Fly Star & Toxin Boy Kriminal Boys left the match hurt.
6) Satánico b Blue Panther Money thrown in, good match.
CMLL (SAT) 07/25/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Bengala b Apocalipsis
2) Mercurio b Acero
3) Magnus DQ Espanto Jr. Espanto Jr. was DQed for (slightly) uynmasking Magnus, which appeared not to be the planned finish. Referee was Terror Chino.
4) Molotov b Súper Comando
5) Sangre Azteca b Star Jr.
6) Marcela & Skadi b La Comandante & Tiffany Comandante’s first match back since a REINA trip.
7) Atlantis, Stuka Jr., Volador Jr. b Gran Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Shocker
A show. This is the least happening show of the week by far.
CMLL (SUN) 07/26/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Robin b Camorra & Cholo
2) Esfinge, Star Jr., Tritón b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Nitro
3) Amapola b Princesa Sugehit [lightning]
4) Aéreo, Astral, Eléctrico DQ Demus 3:16, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito Violencia fouled Aereo, and they may have made hair challenges this time.
5) Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto b Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. Mephisto pulled Atlantis’ mask rolled him up for the win.
6) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Super Porky b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero La Mascara & Super Porky replaced Rush & Sombra (suspended?) on Friday. Niebla & Euforia beat Mascara & Marco for the win.
So: trios title match and hair match on the 8th? Seems that way.
Aerostar, Faby Apache, Machine Rocker, Taya, Australian Suicide, Ludxor, Argenis, Apache, Mascarita Sagrada, Octagoncito, Mini Histeria and Mini Psicosis are working four shows in Colombia at the start of August. There’s a press release here; it’s a summer festival which brought in CMLL luchadors four years ago. They do a nice job of changing the cards around slightly each day. The last show of the batch is Saturday, August 8th – and TripleMania is the next day. It would be rough but not impossible to make it back to Mexico City in time. Most of the people on that list seem like those who may not have a spot on TripleMania, so maybe that’s not the plan. Aerostar, Faby and Taya are the three big exceptions – someone’s got to work opposite Goya in a Relevos AAA – but it’d be a very long day if that’s the plan so it may not be. Guess we’ll know soon.
SuperLuchas looks back at a Mil Mascaras title defense, plus an interesting tale of a Solitario/Santo title match. Solitario tried to unmask Santo. Didn’t work, and Santo responded by unmasking Solitario and holding him so the entire crowd could get a good look. Solitario ran to the back, covering his face. Referee counted him out, and gave Santo the title. Commissioner immediately overruled the finish and declared it vacant. That sounds like there were some issues there. (It also sounds like I need to fix about six different title matches – Luchas 2000 records were right.)
CMLL (FRI) 07/24/2015Arena México [Box Y Lucha, CMLL, Terra]
1) Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr. b Akuma & Espiritu Negro straight falls. An Oro Jr. swing kick from the apron caught Espiritu Negro in the mouth, and he ended the fall bleeding on the mat. He left the match. Akuma rallied to beat Oro, but lost to Sobreano in the second.
2) Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Lluvia, Skadi Rudos took 2/3. Skadi replaced Vaqeurita and Zeuxis did the same for Tiffany Seductora. Match got bad for a stretch in the third fall, lowlighted by Skaid missing on a sliding dropkick and Zeuxis diving over the rail on ‘impact’ anyway. Dalys continued her win streak by beating Estrellita for the win.
3) Dragon Lee, Máximo, Titán b Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Rey Bucanero Rudos took 2/3, the last when Maximo accidentally kissed ref Edgar and Bucanero used the distraction to foul his perennial rival.
4) Esfinge, Guerrero Maya Jr., Negro Casas b Boby Zavala, Disturbio, Virus [En Busca de un Idolo] Trainers and final four of En Busca de un Idolo. Team Casas took 2/3 in a great match. Match centered on Negro Casas being worked over by the rudos, trapped from his partners for long stretches, but eventually beating Zavala for the winning pin.
5) Volador Jr. b La Máscara La Mascara replaced La Sombra on Thursday (presumed suspension.) Mascara took fall 1, Volador rallied took take 2 & 3.
6) Diamante Azul, Shocker, Último Guerrero DQ Marco Corleone, Rey Escorpión, Thunder [Relevos Increíbles] Marco Corleone replaced Rush on Thursday (suspension?) Thunder foul kicked Ultimo Guerrero.
Attendance looked like it dropped right back to normal. The En Busca de un Idolo is worth going out of your way to see. Recaps differ about Ultimo Guerrero feuding with Rey Escorpion or Thunder – maybe it was both, but it’s Thunder he’s paired with next week.
AAA did not announce the card for TripleMania on Friday after all. There was no explanation given, though it’s possible they thought it was better to save it for a day where everyone wasn’t focus on Hulk Hogan’s issues. They did announced one more match, Blue Demon Jr. celebrating his 30th anniversary by teaming with La Parka versus Mesias & Electroshock. This match as no particular hook besides the Demon anniversary. The preview even notes tecnico Electroshock lost his hair to tecnico Mesias on this show last year – and now they’ll be teaming together as rudos. It would’ve made more sense to put Hijo del Pirata in Mesias’ spot, but this match surely also doubles as a way to get important people on the card without interfering with matches that might actually be good.
Electroshock being in this match suggest he’s not part of the AAA Trios title match I thought I saw on the lineup. The Psycho Circus are busy with the Villanos, which eliminated any existing trios from challenging. It could’ve been changed or a fake out to begin with, but Cibernetico figures to be on this show and a trios title match remains the easiest way. (Jack, Angelico and Suicide are left, but they haven’t been put together as a team a lot lately.) That’d also mean AAA will have at least 7 matches on this show, since there’s bound to be relevos AAA and a big mutliman scramble to take care of everything else.
I wonder if the original timing of the TripleMania might have to do with it being announced on TV today anyway. (It’s back to being on at 5 today.) That’s usually the deal with the AAA pushes an announcement in Spanish, but it may be a different deal in English. Guess we’ll see.
CMLL (FRI) 07/31/2015Arena México
1) Astral, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
2) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
3) Esfinge vs Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo]
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Boby Zavala [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Volador Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
6) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Kráneo, Ripper, Thunder
Invasors in a Friday main event is very strange, and every strange thing feels like it’s related to either Sombra & Rush being suspended and/or weird anniversary plans. It’s probably also related to wanting to keep TGR together to face Maximo, as CMLL repeats the Rey Bucanero/Maximo feud for the thousandth time. (That seems like something you’d throw in a cage, because you need a certain amount of feuds and ther’es no way they’d main event with that alone.)
En Busca de un Idolo round 2 starts of with 1 vs 2 and 3 v 4 from the first round.
Segunda has the (scheduled) return of Rey Cometa. This would be his first CMLL match in six months, since he hobbled thru a match with Barbaro Cavernario at FantasticaMania in January.
LI (TUE) 07/21/2015Arena Querétaro [Aqui La Lucha, Diario de Queretaro]
1) El Rojo & Silver Fish b Angel King & Nieto Del Halcon Negro
2) Black Fury & Medussa b Casandra & Tania La Guerrillera Medussa replaced Yuca (temporary retirement?)
3) César & Picudo b Brujo Maya & Perro Del Ring
4) Fuerza Guerrera & Máscara Año 2000 b Heavy Metal & Solar I [super libre] Fuerza pulled Solar’s mask and Mascara fouled Heavy to give the rudos the win.
5) As Charro, Dos Caras Sr., El Fantasma DQ Canek, Hechicero (CMLL), Negro Navarro Hechicero fouled Fantasma for the DQ, then asked for a title shot.
This was the show honoring Carlos Maynez. Hechicero’s a smart guy, but that doesn’t seem like how you get a title shot. (I kinda of want to see Hechicero versus Fantasma, especially if it involves Hijo del Fantasma rooting his dad on from the front row.)
Octagon seems to be gone from this promotion for a while, with Solar replacing him. When even the Old Guy Promotion won’t use you…
Sombra & Rush appear to be suspended from CMLL, in addition to their Guadalajara suspension following their fight with fans on Tuesday. It may not be as long but, for now, they’re off the lineups for Friday and Sunday. Sombra is currently listed on CMLL’s website for Puebla’s show on Monday, but that sometimes doesn’t get updated. We have no idea how long they’re off or if this would affect potential NJPW bookings. Suspensions by one Box Y Lucha commission generally are limited only to that area; the ban in Jalisco wouldn’t normally affect Sombra & Rush’s ability to wrestle in Mexico unless CMLL themselves also suspended them.
CMLL now lists La Mascara as facing Volador tonight in Arena Mexico, with Marco taking Rush’s place in the main event. Marco was already in Sunday’s main event, so it’ll be La Mascara & Super Porky replacing Rush & Sombra on that match. It’s unknown if it’s related but Pierroth – Rush’s father – is also now off next Tuesday’s Arena Coliseo Guadalajara show with Kamaitachi taking his place. That was Pierroth’s only announced CMLL match at the moment.
La Sombra versus Volador Jr. was the main draw for tonight’s show. La Mascara & Volador Jr. have turned on each other matches roughly 50 times since the Ingobernables have started and it that should be a big deal match, but La Mascara isn’t taken as seriously and no one but few people will even know it’s happening and it hasn’t been built up at all. The actual main event is now Diamante Azul, Shocker, Ultimo Guerrero versus Rey Escorpion, Thunder and Marco Corleone in an incredible partners match. The hair match is the main reason for the match, but UG versus Thunder and Rush vs Azul seemed like other big issues. (An ESTO interview with Azul posted yesterday talked about the latter.) It’s probably not a great sign for Rush if Marco heavily feuds with Azul instead.
CMLL will air at least the first four matches on Terra, including the Esfinge, Guerrero Maya, Negro Casas versus Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Virus trios match for the En Busca de un Idolo tournament. No points are on the line, but this is typically one of the better matches of the tournament. The En Busca de un Idolo group (minus Delta) appeared on a TV show, doing the “TV hosts try to learn wrestling and find out it’s very tough” bit.
AAA’s missing YouTube shows
AAA’s TV show has not been posted publicly on their YouTube channel for a number of weeks. It was uploaded as an unlisted video for a few weeks, but only found by a link on AAA’s website. It had not been posted as all the last couple weeks on YouTube.
It has been posted elsewhere. TelevisaDeports website now appears to have put up video of the matches from the last few weeks. (Here’s Mini Psycho/Dinastia. There appears to be no central location, just scattered in their video section, but the lucha libre tag helps.) I can’t actually watch the video, the loading circle just spins and spins, but the duration indicates it’s a couple minutes of clips. Televisa region blocks many of their video from being seen outside of Mexico, this may be the same issue. To my recollection, Televisa Deportes did not previously post video of AAA on that page; it was simply a (barely updated) listed of articles.
Televisa Deportes would hold the right to air the AAA show. Perhaps they also own the rights for the internet, and have decided to exercise those rights for – reasons?? – and so the YouTube channel is out and the videos are going on Televisa’s site instead. I don’t know if this is the actual reason, but I do know the presentation on Televisa Deportes is much worse than it was on the YouTube site. Any region blocking would also harm the chances of the US PPV being a success; few are going to find those videos and no one’s going to be able to watch it. (AAA US may have to create their own videos for this to work.)
Again, I’m not sure this situation – AAA no longer being able to post the show to YouTube due to Televisa – is the actual correct story. I’m just connecting dots (and sometimes I end up with the wrong picture.) Even if it’s for toher reasons, the AAA show disappearing from their YouTube channel is not good.
Shocker appeared at the debut of a lucha libre documentary called “Lucha Mexico”. There sure seems to be a lot of lucha libre documentaries. Gigante Bernard and Fabian el Gitano are briefly shown in the trailer, which suggests they’ve been working on this for quite some time.