CaraLuchas (SUN) 06/14/2015Arena San Juan Pantitlan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Mano a Mano]
1) Flyer b Aramis Aramis prize for finishing second in Bestario I. Good match.
2) Fly Star, Rayo Star, Sky Man, Toxin Boy b Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo
3) Andy Boy, Danger King, Guerrero Mixtico b Flama Roja, Toro Negro Jr., Wasson Money thrown in.
4) Trauma I & Trauma II b Misterioso Jr. & Terrible Trauma I won after pulling Misterioso’s mask and rolling him up.
5) Flamita b Volador Jr. Said to be one of the best matches of the year. Flamita surprised Volador with a Canadian Destroyer for the win. Flamita asked for a title match and Volador agreed – for right now, stripping Flamtia of his mask and sarcastically pinning him. Money thrown in.
Recaps says it was a Canadian Destoryer, pictures show the Flamita Fly at what looks like the end – maybe watch the video and be surprised? Match is said to be awesome so you should probably watch.
Terry being a trios champion probably feeds into the feud with Eterno.
CMLL (SUN) 06/14/2015Arena México [CMLL, Terra]
1) Magnus & Robin b Camorra & Cholo
2) Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela Zexuis replaced Tiffany on Tuesday. Pushed as build towards Dalys/Marcela, though Amapola submitted Estrellits for the win.
3) Ephesto, Hechicero, Luciferno b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán
4) Stuka Jr. b Virus [lightning] Stuak won with the torpedo splash.
5) Kráneo, Olímpico, Ripper b Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo Ripper snuck in a foul on Atlantis.
6) La Sombra, Naito, Rush b Negro Casas, Shocker, Terrible Naito & Casas replaced Mascara & Cavernario on Monday. Naito & Sombra challenged for the tag titles.
They found a new Ingobernables combination to beat! 50/50 chance this match turns up on njpwworld far before it turns up on TV.
CMLL (SUN) 06/21/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío & Star Black vs El Gitano & Relampago
2) Explosivo & Frezzer vs Infierno & Thunder Boy
3) Espectrum, Exterminador, Maléfico vs Joker, Pitbull I, Pitbull II
4) Esfinge & Magnum vs El Yaqui & Nube Roja and Linterna Verde Jr. & Toro Negro and Furia Roja & Furia Roja Jr. and Centella & Évola and Ráfaga & Ráfaga Jr. father and son tags. Debut of Rafaga Jr. here – he’d been in a 2013 indy version of this match (with the Javier Cruzs, Centellas, and Esfinge/Magnum)
I don’t think we knew the Yaqui/Nube Roja relationship prior.
AULL (SAT) 06/13/2015Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Kronosport] 48th Anniversary
1) Shibata, Sky Fly, Spider Boy b Comodín Jr., Ironía, Jose El Caporal
2) Rey Cristal, Tormento, Yakuza b Dante, Euro, Filder Tormento replaced Golden Magic (double booked in Deportivo Pavon)
3) Esther Moreno & Lady Apache b Keira & Rossy Moreno Esther Moreno replaced Vaquerita on Monday.
4) Leviatham, Psicópata, Sádico b Flamita, Spider Boy, Terry 2000 Sadico beat Flamita. Spider Boy replaced Super Nova (double booked in Pavon.) Flamita & Sadico fought well and Terry 2000 had some great dives.
5) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Máscara Sagrada, Octagón b Fuerza Guerrera, Máscara Año 2000, Silver King Hijo de Dr. Wagner & Mascara Sagrada replaced Atlantis & Rayo on Monday.
6) LA Park b Dr. Wagner Jr., Pirata Morgan, Pagano [Copa Universal] Pagano replaced Ultimo Guerrero on Monday. Pirata Morgan also replaced Mr. Niebla unannounced (double booked in Deportivo Pavon.) Pagano beat Pirata, Wagner beat Pagano, and Wagner and Park’s usual antics ended with Parka beating Wagner.
After the CMLL luchadors were pulled from this show, AULL made a point of saying it’s lineup was a 100% confirmed…and then a handful of people didn’t show up because they were working another show. Lucha libre! It didn’t really matter, they had a huge turnout anyway. (And Deportivo Pavon didn’t.) Looked like they were filming this for TV.
CMLL (SAT) 06/13/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Pequeño Nitro b Aéreo Aereo replaced Acero on Monday.
2) Astral b Pequeño Olímpico
3) Metálico b Molotov
4) Hijo del Signo b Soberano Jr.
5) Arkángel de la Muerte & Canelo Casas b Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr.
6) Dalys b Dark Angel, Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit, La Vaquerita, Tiffany, Zeuxis, La Seductora [cibernetico, CMLL WOMEN, #1 Contenders] Zeuxis return from ankle injury. She says she expects not to be 100% for a few months. Order of elimination went Tiffany (by Sugehit), Vaquerita (Seductora), Seductora (Estrellita), Princesa Sugehit (Zeuxis), Estrellita (Dalys), leaving Dark Angel & Dalys as the final 2. Dark Angel pulled Dalys into the reinera, but Dalys escaped and powerbombed her for the win. Dalys faces Marcela next week.
7) Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible b Atlantis, Máximo, Super Porky Shocker used the ropes to beat Porky.
Dark Angel’s bad luck when it comes to title shots continues. I’m okay with Marcela/Dalys being non-TV.
There also appeared to be a private (sponsor) show at Arena Mexico on Saturday. Not sure who it was for. Felino, Tiger, Puma vs the Panthers + the Cancerberos vs Starman, Fuego and Stigma were visible in pictures, and there were probably other matches. It’s possible Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero were used for that show instead of working Arena Lopez Mateos.
Today’s Verano de Escandalo. The show starts at 6pm Central and will be on both iPPV and regular PPV. It’s a lot cheaper on iPPV (150 pesos) than conventional PPV (229 up to 337 for HD).
I watched yesterday’s AAA TV, which was pretty much solely dedicated to pushing the PPV. They aired the matches from Reynosa (in a wet ring with a siren going off frequently), but they were all designed to push matches on the PPV. I thought it was effective in getting Cage/Alberto and Secta/Gueros over, and explaining what’s going on in the trios feud. There was no hint at the mystery partner.
It is very strange not seeing much hype for the Rey Mysterio trios main event. It was really only mentioned in pass as they showed pictures for Verano de Escandalo, and they didn’t air the promo Rey did on Mundo (and Terminator.) They even didn’t see to explain the whole match – they pictured Rey, Parka, Myzteziz, Mundo, and Pentagon but not Mesias for whatever reason. It’s listed as the main event, but it came off as the fourth biggest match on the show.
The Alas de Oro wasn’t mentioned at all – you only know if you’ve seen the lineup online or read about it a newspaper.. There is news on the match though. A preview graphic of the match has a silhouette of the mystery person. It looks quite a bit like Flamita. The problem is Flamita is in Mexico City today for a Cara Lucha (it’s today, had the day wrong yesterday.) It’s possible for him to do both, but it’s highly unlikely AAA would be making that kind of effort for him to work both. It could just look like Flamita and actually be Extreme Tiger or someone else. It could’ve meant to be Flamita at one point and won’t be. I’d be disappointed if he didn’t work Cara Lucha, so I kind of hope it’s not him.
Today’s Arena Mexico main event is Naito, Sombra and Rush versus Negro Casas, Shocker, and Terrible. The preview calls attention to Casas & Shocker being tag teams champions; with Naito around, they have a new combination of Ingobernables to face.
CMLL (FRI) 06/12/2015Arena México [@TKD_117, CMLL]
1) Mercurio & Pequeño Olímpico b Stukita & Último Dragoncito
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Okumura b Oro Jr., Sensei, Soberano Jr.
3) Brazo de Plata, Pegasso, Tritón b Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado Brazo de Plata replaced Fuego on Monday.
4) Flyer b Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo] Disturbio’s first win. Ultimo Guerrero was guest judge. Disturbio scored a 5 (UG), 6 (Gladiador), 6 (Shocker), 4 (Tirantes) for 21. Flyer scored a 4, 6, 5, 3 for 18.
5) Blue Panther Jr. b Esfinge [En Busca de un Idolo] Panther is now 2-0. Blue Panther scored a 7 (UG), 8 (Gladiador), 6 (Shocker), 5 (Tirantes) for 26. Esfinge got a 6, 8, 8, 10 for 32 (which seemed strangely high.)
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión, Thunder DQ Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero straight falls, Thunder fouling UG in the third.
7) La Sombra, Naito, Rush b Diamante Azul, Valiente, Volador Jr. Originally scheduled to be the Ingobernables vs the Hijos del Avernos, with the tecnicos being subbed in on Monday. Sombra snuck in a foul on Volador.
Verano de Escandalo is tomorrow in Monterrey. I wrote a preview of the show over on Voices of Wrestling. As noted there, it appears the reason why Electroshock & Hijo del Pirata Morgan are listed as teaming with a mystery partner on that show and future ones is because Kronos is out hurt. Arez, who’s Kronos’ cousin, posted a photo of what he says is Kronos in a giant leg cast (and Arez helpfully offering to slice it open with a machete.) No idea on the exact injury or how long he’ll be gone, both which will affect the decision on what to do about a replacement. It’s unfortunate time for Kronos to be unable to wrestle after months of him not actually wrestling, but maybe he’d been battling the issue for a while and that’s why they weren’t booked together.
Tickets are still available for VdE. A lot of tickets. You can look at the ticket map thru the online ticket buying site, and find plenty of sections with almost no one or no one at all. It looked about 25% full, give or take 10%, when I went thru it on Friday – and that’s with a quarter of the building closed to be used for production. It should get a bit better by Sunday, but it seems unlikely to be a ‘good’ turnout. I’m not sure if it’s the local promotion (and the local counter promotion), the TV, the date, or just bad luck, but this Verano doesn’t seem to be working out. Maybe it’s just too many shows in a short; if Lucha World Cup does become an annual tradition, maybe Verano de Escandalo goes away again.
AAA’s TV show today is moved back to 6:00pm. There’s no preview of the show up yet.
The Last Real Heels interviewed Angelico a few weeks ago, and it’s worth going back to check out if you haven’t heard already. Alfredo on LuchaWorld talked to Negro Navarro a little while back, and Navarro mentioned he’s got a sort of instruction book of moves he’s learned over the years, writing them down and making notes so he can remember how to do them again. Angelico trained under Navarro, and Navarro made Angelico create his own book of moves! Angelico still has it and wouldn’t mind doing more of the Navarro style if he got a chance. Angelico said he and Jack were just kind of thrown together because neither had much going on (Angelico was supposed to be put with Lolita, but was hurt on that dive over the ringpost on Fusion and plans changed) and weren’t even friends before hand, but now they’re close and watching Rockers tapes to get ideas. He thought the crazy dropkick was a lot scarier than the crazy plancha – he wasn’t sure if he was going to make it that second time.
CMLL (FRI) 06/19/2015Arena México
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Akuma & Arkángel de la Muerte
2) Dark Angel, La Vaquerita, Marcela vs Dalys, La Seductora, Tiffany
3) Ángel de Oro, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Kamaitachi
4) Delta vs Esfinge [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Marco Corleone, Naito, Rush vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
7) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión, Thunder
Top two matches continue swapping around the Revolucionarios, Guerreros, and Ingobernables with TGR playing the role of the fourth team this week.
Hombre Bala Jr., handles the video to promote the tournament he’s not in. Flyer, Blue Panther Jr., Canelo Casas and Boby Zavala will be on Tuesday.
IWRG FILL (WED) 06/10/2015Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, IWRG, The Gladiatores] 1) Canario, Magic Dragón, Vardeus b Demonio Imperial, Soldado De La Muerte, Último Caballero match was said to be very bad 2) Adrenalina, Hijo del Alebrije, Voltar b Blue Monsther, Magnum 44, Super Jack match was said to be “plagued with errors” 3) Caballero De Plata, Sonic, Voraz b Aztlán, Enigma, Vortice Voraz’s team is from Gym Hip Hop Man! They beat Skayde’s Team despite Caballero de Plata being hurt. 4) Espada de Plata, Keiser Drago, Toxin Boy b Acero, Electro Boy, Marduk Gym Zeuz defeating Gym FILL. Toxin Boy did not finish after being injured wrestling Electro Boy. 5) Aramis, Atomic Star, Eterno b Aeroman, Black Terry, Dragón Celestial Gym FILL vs Gym Eterno. Eterno’s team won (1/3) via an Eterno foul and Atomic Star got the pin. Bloody match. Money thrown in. Eterno said his takeover would continue next week, with the returns of Carta Brava, Fantasma de la Opera and other people who would be a nightmare to Terry.
Eterno’s reading ahead: next Wednesday is the Lucha Libre Boom show at Arena Naucalpan, where Black Terry faces Fantasma de la Opera and Carta Brava (and Cerebro Negro.) Terry teams with Crazy Boy and Pesadilla, that might be the nightmare.
CMLL’s preview for tonight’s show is all around the return of Diamante Azul. I keep hoping he’s back to lose his mask and Thunder’s going to lose his mask and then both are going to disappear forever. (I’m going to end up very disappointed.) It is a a tecnico vs Ingobernable match, which is a much more entertaining use of the Ingobernables. The En Busca de un Idolo matches are Blue Panther Jr. versus Esfinge and Disturbio versus Flyer, where everyone could use a better match. The Terra broadcast will start around 8:30pm CT. (It’s doubtful I’ll be recording this show.)
Guess on FULL & AULL assume they just show the episodes that were scheduled last week.
AAA guess is basically that too; I probably should just delay these until Friday and get it right off the preview.
When AYM feels like airing Wednesday shows, they’re sneaking it in on Friday nights and Saturdays, and then it might turn up Sunday night on LAS. Nothing’s really for sure what show, though, and the (paid) internet feed has had all sorts of problems the last two weeks.
C3 broadcasters seemed under the impression they’re airing the En Busca de un Idolo matches. They’re likely wrong – but those shows are going to be much shorter with one less match. Expect a lot of edecan intros and people walking to the ring for the next cuple months.
Both Terra shows have promising looking mini openers, but the Terra feed has been lousy for the openers.
They seem to be teasing Virgo and Infierno as the cage finalists this Sunday, which would probably mean Infierno is losing. In the past, that’s usually been a fakeout in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara and someone unexpected would lose,. It is a different programming department now.
CMLL (TUE) 06/09/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) El Chakal & El Yaqui b Explosivo & Meteoro
2) La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Skadi b Amapola, Kendra, Tiffany Kendra is a debuting Guadaljaara luchadora (and not Ripper’s snake!) Amapola replaced Seductora.
3) Ángel de Oro, Pegasso, Stuka Jr. b Boby Zavala, Hechicero, Virus
4) Delta, Diamante Azul, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys Diamante Azul returned, replacing Atlantis and wearing his Occidente heavyweight championship belt. Azul beat Rey Bucanero and challenged him to a title match.
5) Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Rey Escorpión b Máximo, Naito, Rush Rey Escorpion replaced Casas (concussion?) Cavernario’s return from Japan. Ingobernales didn’t work with Maximo but still won.
Negro Casas appears not to have wrestled since 05/31. (I had him on 06/02 in Arena Mexico, but Shocker replaced him.) It appears Casas was knocked out in the first few seconds of his title match with Volador, the back of his head knocking into the barricade as he falls down taking a dive. He’s clearly out on his feet right after. Casas appeared last Friday in the corner of his En Busca de un Idolo proteges but hasn’t been back in the ring and was taken off cards the rest of this week. (CMLL hasn’t said anything; we might have not figured this out without the video.)
That Diamante Azul article also casually mentions the Universal tournament will start in August. That’s about expected: it’d be tough to do while Friday nights are hosting En Busca de un Idolo, but it’s something they’d like to do before the Anniversary show. (It’s possible Guerrero Maya Jr. would be in the final of one and out in the first round of the other, which may make it impossible to be on at the same time.) The En Busca de un Idolo will wrap on 08/21, so the logical Universal dates would be 08/28 and 09/04 for the two blocks, 09/11 for the final and then the Anniversary show on 09/18.
The Universal tournament requires 16 champions, no more or no less (except for the years where they decide they’ll leave Virus out or include Tanahashi in.) There’s currently 17 champions. An easy solution to that math problem is Mascara Dorada not actually returning to CMLL. Let’s assume he’s coming back: that means someone who has a championship has to pick out a second without someone who already has two dropping down to one. Diamante Azul beating Rey Bucanero doesn’t change the total, neither does Revolucionarios possibly beating Sky Team in Puebla (Dragon Rojo would just be double champion instead of Volador.) Those title changes can still happen, but at least one more also needs to take place likely involving the tag or trio titles.
Disturbio was slightly leading Bobby Zavala in En Busca de un Idolo voting last I checked. They’ve implemented an security function which will automatically block an IP after they’ve voted a 100 times. Not sure when it resets. As of 11:15, 50 IPs had been blocked for hitting that limit. There’s were 8,293 total votes, so that means 60% of the votes were coming from the same 50 IPs. That’s probably more democratic than past years, but the vote totals should be expected to be much less this year.
The only real news from Informa was Thunder officially joined the Revolucionarios. Posing with them last Friday seemed like a pretty big clue. Dark Angel was interviewed and never specifically mentioned her trips to NXT, but did mention she wasn’t sure what her future held. Blue Panther and Esfinge both ripped their own performances. It’s great no one is delusional about the matches, but I’m not sure they’ll end up any better.
Sexy Star and Jhonny Gonzalez are getting married on Saturday in Monterrey. Jhonny’s boxing promotion announced the marriage yesterday. Sexy Star hasn’t been used on AAA TV all year. She’s been such a steady presence on Lucha Underground that I hadn’t realized she was missing elsewhere. It was said she suffered a bad injury on the final taping, which might also explain why she hasn’t been around. The upcoming AAA shows all list a surprise luchadora on the tecnica side – perhaps it’ll be Sexy to match up AAA with Lucha Underground, since there’d be no better time to have her change sides than the day after her wedding at a big show in her hometown.
ESTO interviewed Naito, Kamiatachi and Okumura and got to the important questions: are they single? Okumura is married, Kamiatachi has a girlfriend who’s been making trips to Mexico, Naito has a girlfriend back in Japanese. (There’s also usual discussion of differences between Japan and Mexico.) Naito’s hoping to get a singles main event before he leaves.
There’s now a Mascara Dorada t-shirt available on Pro Wrestling Tees. It’s definitely a deal thru NJPW.
That’s a unique stipulation in the tercera. Most guys can be considered in two or three different weight classes, so predicting a winner based on next match up will be impossible. The most recently known champions are Sadico (Welterweight), Virgo (Middleweight), Malefico (Light Heavyweight) and Diamante Azul (Heavyweight.)
Chik Tormenta makes the jump to regular CMLL shows. Maybe those Sunday matches were a tryout?
Chilanga Mask (SUN) 06/28/2015Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Hijo Del Guerrero Negro & Tempestad vs Ciber Payaso & Mortifero and Alberto Dos Rios & Hijo De Centurion Negro and Ronaldiño & Titanik
2) Impulso & Iron Kid (Estado de México) vs El Divo & Obsesión
3) Hator & Mini Hator vs Difunto I & Mini Difunto
4) Tigre Universitario vs Jeque
5) Flamita vs Dralion, Alas de Acero
6) Caifan vs Aero Boy, Ultimo Ninja [submission]
7) Black Terry & Mr. Niebla vs Trauma I & Trauma II
8) Nicho el Millionario vs Pagano
Nicho & Pagano are having a billion matches and Pagano wins them all. Semimain will be weird. Fifth match continues Flamita versus the World. Fourth match could be interesting.