Rey Misterio Jr. has returned to AAA. AAA announced Rey’s return as the surprise at a press conference today, immediately putting him with Myzteziz and Alberto el Patron for photo ops and a trios match to come. The press conference emphasized the history of AAA and it’s image to change to be a worldwide company, and Rey Misterio Jr. is uniquely part of both. Rey was announced as returning to the AAA ring on Rey de Reyes on 03/15 and for another event on 05/23. No match was announced for either show (and the Rey de Reyes card remains a mystery.)
LuchaTV has video of Rey answering questions briefly after the press conference.
This was part of a big press event, as you can see from all the people swarming Rey. The Rey announcement came at the end of about an hour presentation highlighting the new AAA: a segment highlight it’s roster (saying they had 99 wrestlers, and Rey made 100), it’s new logo (AAA Lucha Libre World Wide), and it’s expansion into the US via Lucha Underground. Their sponsors were also shown off: Televisa was given an award for their partnership, the AAA wrestlers were wearing Everlast gear, Victoria is sponsoring a special show, and other group were mentioned or posting on Twitter about the conference.
There wasn’t a lot of news on the show outside of Rey’s return, but any other news would’ve gotten completely lost. There’s a few other noteworthy things:
An “International Tournament of Lucha Libre” was announced for 05/23, sponsored by Victoria. The explanation of the competition came thru a bit muddled. It’s a team competition, with groups representing different countries, and the rest of the details may be wrong. Tercera Caida’s notes said Mexico will be represented by an AAA team, an indy team and a “Reconocidos de México” team, the US will have two teams, Japan will have a team, and the rest of the world will be on one team. That’s seven teams, an odd number for a tournament, so there’s probably something we’re missing. This is obviously going to be a big show, and possibly the big show between Rey de Reyes and TripleMania.
The AAA team will be Myzteziz, Alberto, and Rey Misterio, which is how they introduced Rey and got the photo op of all three together. They’re the obvious favorites, but it’d be an easy way to build to TripleMania by having someone cheat the dream team out of the win. Hijo del Fantasma was listed as participating, which suggests the indy team may be a different way of referring to a Perros del Mal team (or maybe they’re the eight team.) Jack Evans was also pictured in the competition, so he goes on one of the US teams. It’d be an easy way to introduce others from Lucha Underground. The Japan team is curious, since AAA doesn’t have any current relationship with a Japanese group, but are probably very enticing to a Japanese group given their current roster. Angelico, Australian Suicide, and one more are likely the Rest of the World Team.
Dorian Roldan, when talking about Lucha Underground, mentioned it’d be coming to Mexico soon. This wasn’t emphasized by AAA, which makes it appear more something like it’s a plan but nothing solid yet.
No Rey de Reyes lineup yet, but that may be something that comes out (one way or another) in the next few days. This press conference didn’t stream anywhere, but highlights should be a part of this week’s AAA TV show.
Rey’s expected to join Lucha Underground as well, though that wasn’t announced here. There’s no hurry to do that, since they’re taped into May and his first appearance won’t air for a couple months. Lucha Underground waited until Alberto stepped into the ring (the last bit on the last show taped on that Saturday) to announce his signing, and it’s likely to be repeated for Misterio.
CMLL (MON) 03/02/2015Arena Puebla [El Popular, Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Black Tiger, Meyer, Star Jr. b Espanto Jr., Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
2) Oro Jr., Pegasso, Rey Samuray b Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Policeman Pegasso beat Nitro.
3) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma
4) Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero b Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán Bucanero beat Angel de Oro
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush b Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker Rush’s return to the building after breaking his leg her 3 months ago. Ingobernables were DQed in the first, won the second clean, and Rush snuck in a foul on Negro Casas for the win.
Rush is back to normal. That’s the end of the program in Puebla – no title match, no singles match this time.
If Rey Misterio is announced for an AAA match today, it won’t be the only match announcement for him tonight: Wrestling Under The Stars (New York State, 08/01) announced a Rey Misterio Jr. vs Alberto el Patron. Rey’s already been announced as appearing on WrestleMania weekend for an MLW podcast and at WrestleCon. There’s probably more to come this week, deals that have been done but just couldn’t be announced.
CMLL’s preview for Tuesday pushes Mistico against his two big rivals Mephisto and Ripper. Mistico hasn’t actually feuded with Ripper, but was supposed to team with him in the incredible pairs tournament, so there’s an angle that got missed along the way and may be fixed tonight.
The press release (and CMLL’s website this morning) has other changes. Boby Zavala appears to be off cards this weekend this week. Okumura takes his place on Friday, Niebla Roja fills in on Saturday. Virus takes Hechicero’s place tonight, and Blue Panther fills in for Dragon Lee on Sunday. That sub again prevents Pierroth from facing one of his “alleged” sons – the only time they’ve fought is one cibernetico in Guadalajara. This is a problematic issue going forward: besides Pierroth not being any good, he’s supposed to be a upper level rudo, two of his sons are top stars and a third is heading that way, and it’s going to be really tough to keep them all apart.
Guadalajara has a Felino vs Angel de Oro super libre match – by which they mean normal match which might end up in DQ anyway – and Ingobnerables (Marco, Mascara, Rush ) vs Euforia, Negro Casas and Shocker.
CMLL (MON) 03/09/2015Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis & Paris vs King Jaguar & Toro Bill Jr.
2) Asturiano, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Espíritu Maligno, Pierrothito, Saurón
3) Blue Panther Jr., Fuego, The Panther vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Blue Panther, Máximo, Super Porky vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Terrible
5) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Sky Teams vs Guerreros, which seems like a rematch they’ll do everywhere. Tercera could be fun.
Good thing they protected Olimpico from losing clean. (Both radio shows were very high on the match, I shouldn’t be so cynical.)
Demonio Maya is Occidente middleweight champion, so that’s probably a title program.
IWRG (SUN) 03/01/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Mini Cobra & Mini Multifacetico b Demon Rock & Espectrito
2) Electro Boy, Hijo del Alebrije, Kamilión b Black Fury, Dragón Celestial, Miss Gaviota Black Fury turned on her partners.
3) Liderk, Rayan, Spector b Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno
4) Chicano, Relámpago, Súper Nova b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Tony Rivera money thrown in
5) Hijo De Dos Caras b Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, Pirata Morgan Jr., Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [La Rebelión de Los Juniors,battle royal] Elimination order: Pirata Morgan, Apolo Estrada Jr., Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, leaving Hijo de Dos and Mascara once again. Dos prevailed over the Dinamita to win, and will face Super Nova on 03/15.
That date suggests Super Nova is not on Rey de Reyes, but plans can change. Would be cool if this finish meant Hijo de Dos would move onto face anyone else, but likely not.
Rush returns to Arena Puebla tonight, the first time back after breaking his leg there back in November. Rush teams with La Mascara & La Sombra vs Cavernario, Shocker and Negro Casas.
AAA TV (FRI) 04/03/2015 Deportivo Colon, Xalapa, Veracruz
1) Gotita de Plata, Niño Hamburguesa, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Belial, Carta Brava Jr., El Apache
2) Australian Suicide & Súper Nova vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Súper Fly
3) Bengala & Drago vs Daga & Joe Lider
4) Fénix & Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma & Pentagón Jr.
5) Aerostar, Blue Demon Jr., La Parka vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
6) El Patrón Alberto & Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr.
Air Date: ??? let’s say 04/11 & 04/18 but it could shift a couple weeks later.
Main event is a possible TripleMania teaser. Texano/Alberto (title) and Myzteziz/Perro (mask/hair) seem like the best guesses for big TripleMania matches at the moment.
Everything else generally stays in place. Hell Brothers continue to feud with Parka & Demon. Aerostar being in the semifinal is a change, and at least teases the possibility he wins Rey de Reyes. It seems more likely than if he was still in the segunda facing Super Fly. Fenix continues to feud with Fantasma. There appeared to be a Bengala title tag title challenge program at one point, that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, but he keeps fighting the Perros. Opening two matches look good but don’t continue anything. It’s now odd every time Pirata doesn’t team with his new partners.
For a show after Rey de Reyes, this doesn’t tell us much about Rey de Reyes. Tomorrow!
It’s good to be part of a new trio that CMLL’s high on for no particular reason. Misterioso & Sagrado being champions opens it up for other tecnicos to get title shots – Hombre Bala & Super Halcon are over due to be in competition for something.
LLB (SAT) 02/28/2015Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, R de Rudo, Tercera Caida] 1) Bracito de Oro & Bracito De Plata b Mini Multifacetico & Super Pinochito Mini Multifacetico replaced Mr. Aguilita. 2) Halcón 2000, Kid Jaguar, Shadow b Fantasma De La Opera II, Super Panda, Tyson La Bestia Super Panda replaced Ojo de Halcon 3) Dinamic Black, Mike Segura, Pantera I b Chucho el Roto, Terry 2000, Yakuza very good match. Terry 2000 replaced Euro. 4) Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Perico b Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera, Guerrero del Bronx Leon Rojo replaced Ovett, Guerrero del Bronx replaced Carta Brava Jr. I 5) Nicho el Millionario DRAW Pagano [death] ended in a draw, with Nicho being stretchered away. Fantasma de la Opera (as matchmaker?) announced there’d be a rematch. Pagano wants a hair match. 6) LA Park & Shocker b Mr. Águila & Mr. Niebla As usual with LA Park matches, the referee got into the action. This time, referee Teddy got the pin, lost his shirt, and was wearing body paint. Niebla and Park feuded.
Show is supposed to air on AYM at some point.
Niebla is going to do fine booking wise an opponent and will actually freshen up the Wagner/Park matches. Nicho appeared to suffer a right knee injury off a spot gone wrong. The rematch was surely planned before he got hurt. Hope he’s OK, but that kind of match is not going to leave anyone OK. Nicho is Randy the Ram.
AAA SACCOMATS (SAT) 02/28/2015Arena Neza [@manrayk]
1) Atomic Boy & Gotita de Plata b El Apache & Hijo de Pirata Morgan Pirata replaced Fresero Jr.
2) Mary Apache & Mini Abismo Negro b La Hechicera & Octagoncito La Hechicera replaced Cinthia Moreno
3) Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria b Ludxor & Venum
4) Blue Demon Jr., El Elegido, La Parka b Hijo del Fantasma, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Zorro Just like Naucalpan, Zorro & Elegido were added to the match.
5) El Mesías & El Patrón Alberto b Electroshock & Texano Jr.
Said to be another strong crowd for the last of three straight shows. No AAA news today. No AAA news Monday. Tuesday….
It was weird watching this show play out on Twitter and reading how the show ends. It’s a challengers determination match, so it’s clear it’s going to end with two people fighting but unable to get to a decision. That’s always going to be a flat finish, every time they do it. This time, they compounded by having the match end with two other people not even pinning each other, just getting themselves disqualified, so Sombra and Rey Bucanero get a title match by virtue of standing on the apron when everyone else is gone. That’s about as anticlimatic as it gets. It never made much sense to end the show with that match, and not an actual title match, and that arrangement seemed even sillier given that finish. The recap does explain thing a little more, emphasizing La Mascara and Rush showing up (and I guess Vangellys went to grab late dinner?) so maybe it felt like something happened. It still doesn’t make much sense.
Hopefully this feud is only for this title. Ingobernables moving on from Peste Negra to feud with TRT sounds not so fun. They need to feud with tecnicos already, something that seems obvious to everyone but the people who are putting these matches together.
Mr. Jack beat Rey Hechicero to keep the IWL Heavyweight Championship tonight. That’s a real match. I have no idea what happened to Shu el Guerrero – he’s still on Twitter, just not on the Leyendas Inmoratles shows. My thinking is if you can book Hechicero, you make Hechicero champion, but Leyendas Inmortales is not the only group missing on that. Today’s Leyenda Inmoratles show heavily promoted the upcoming Vamper Revolution show at Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera (the one with Fuerza Guerrera vs Negro Casas rematch), so perhaps it’ll air on that TV show.
Noches de Coliseo remains in reruns. Shrug. If you’re recording it, I’d stop recording it until you hear different.
CMLL (FRI) 03/06/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro vs El Piraña
2) El Alteño & Explosivo vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
3) El Tapatío, Índigo, Javier Cruz Jr. vs El Chakal, Furia Roja, Infierno
4) El Divino, Magnum, Pepe Aguayo vs Demonio Maya, Jocker, Sádico
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Omar Brunetti vs Maléfico, Mr. Trueno, Ráfaga
No CMLL DF wrestlers. All locals. Strange, but probably cheap. Not sure it’s going to work if the same guys main eventing here are working the first couple matches on Tuesdays, but I’m not sure this is about working.
CMLL (SAT) 03/07/2015Arena Coliseo
1) Magnus vs Inquisidor
2) Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16
3) Oro Jr. vs Canelo Casas
4) Star Jr. vs Disturbio
5) Stigma vs Okumura
6) Dragon Lee & Fuego vs Boby Zavala & Luciferno
7) Ángel de Oro, Super Porky, Titán vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Euforia, Terrible
Thinking they’re setting up Titan/Cavernario again as a troll move.
CMLL (SUN) 03/08/2015Arena México
1) Fantasy & Stukita vs Pequeño Violencia & Pierrothito Pequeno Violencia’s first match since July (knee injury)
2) Flyer, Oro Jr., Soberano Jr. vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
3) Dark Angel, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany Silueta’s first match here since September.
4) Dragon Lee, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Hechicero, Pierroth, Virus
5) Ángel de Oro, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
6) La Sombra vs Rey Bucanero [NWA LH] match for vacant title (Diamante Azul on long term hiatus). Sombra currently holds the NWA Middleweight Championship. Bucanero was the previous champion.
Smart money is on Bucanero, given how he was left beat up to end the show, he’s main eventing the next big show and Sombra already has a belt. Bucanero had two title matches in two years when he was last champ and Azul barely defended more often that. This was an important belt at one point, but is currently as useless as it gets. So exciting!
I have no idea what Pierroth is doing in that match and neither does CMLL. I’d be so excited for that match if they swapped him and Super Comando, though Flyer, Oro and Soberano may not be down with that concept.
Histeria & Psicosis working a lot of indy promotions probably indicates how well CMLL is paying nowadays.
Gresham is an US indy east coast mat wrestler who’s in the wrong promotion but that’s as good a chance to have a good match as he’s going to have (and it’ll stick out comparted to the rest of the show.)
Tag champs are in the fifth match but I don’t think the tag titles on the line. Poster is smaller than usual.
AAA TV (FRI) 02/27/2015Auditorio General José María Arteaga, Querétaro, Querétaro [AAA]
1) Gotita de Plata, Ludxor, Venum b Carta Brava Jr., Mamba, Pegasus Debut of Pegasus (from AULL). Ludxor & Venum gave him the double Spanish Fly for the win. Mamba attacked Pegasus for losing but the tecnicos saved him.
2) Daga & Súper Fly b Argenis & Australian Suicide Daga submitted Argenis as Super Fly superbombed Suicide.
3) Texano Jr. b Murder Clown, Machine Rocker, Bengala [Rey de Reyes, semifinal] Texano Jr. beat Machine Rocker, Bengala and Murder Clown in that order. Texano Jr. joins Aerostar, Mesias and the winner from Ecatepec in the final
4) Drago & Súper Nova b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Joe Lider Super Nova was Drago’s surprise partner. Tecnicos beat Lider. Recap notes Nova & Drago were a great team.
5) Angélico, Jack Evans, La Parka b Averno, Chessman, Cibernético Earlier in the show, the Hell Brothers appeared to announce they were officially united with La Sociedad. Chessman also issued an open challenge for his Latin American title, calling out Demon specifically. La Parka surprised Chessman with a small package. Daga and Joe Lider in and helped put Parka thru a table post match.
6) Brian Cage, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. b El Patrón Alberto, Fénix, Myzteziz Cage beat Alberto with a moonsault. Alberto said he’d have his revenge.
Air Date: 03/07 & 03/14
The Rey de Reyes announced card so far, for a show that’s two weeks away.
Fenix vs Hijo del Fantasma (c) for the AAA Cruiserweight Championship
Aerostar vs Mesias vs Psycho Clown vs Texano Jr. in the 2015 Rey de Reyes final
…that’s pretty much it. One taping to go, but they’ve got a press conference on Tuesday so it’d fit to announce the lineup then.
We don’t really know much more for certain for Rey de Reyes, which really surprises me. The build to this show has not been great. AAA’s had one match set up by a rudo just making an open challenge (and may have another), there’s another match set up because it’s the tournament they run every year, and those are the only two matches that are official. If they do Cage/Alberto, and that still seems to be in ‘if’ territory, at least the rudo got a win to set it up. There are definitely matches that could be put together based on the current storylines, and AAA could release a card Tuesday that completely fits with what they’ve been doing, but the build up to that card hasn’t been particularly focused. There was a moment where it appeared to AAA was going to be doing no TV leading up to Rey de Reyes, which would’ve seemed to make a hard sell for that show. They ended up doing quite a bit of it, but the build is not all that much stronger.
The idea of the main event was Mr. Jack and Shu el Guerrero now hate each other so much that Mr. Jack would team with Canek, but that doesn’t quite work if Shu doesn’t show. The ring had a big advertisement for Rock & Road Music Group, a music booking company.
CMLL (FRI) 02/27/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Leono & Molotov b Hijo del Signo & Metálico
2) Blue Panther Jr., Dragon Lee, The Panther b Kamaitachi, Puma, Tiger Tecnicos took 1/3, the first by DQ and the last with Dragon Lee beating Kamaitachi.
3) Ángel de Oro & Atlantis b Rush, Marco Corleone, Máximo, Stuka Jr., Dragón Rojo Jr., Blue Panther [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
4) Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. b Blue Panther & Felino [natl pi, 8f]
5) Máximo & Terrible b Dragón Rojo Jr. & Niebla Roja [natl pi, 8f]
6) Rush & Shocker b Marco Corleone & Thunder [natl pi, 8f]
7) Atlantis & Último Guerrero b Ángel de Oro & Hechicero [natl pi, 8f]
8) Máximo & Terrible b Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) Atlantis & Último Guerrero b Rush & Shocker [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) Máximo & Terrible b Atlantis & Último Guerrero [natl pi, semifinal]
11) Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero b Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. Terrible distracted Tirantes and Bucanero fouled Volador for the win.
Tournament went the way everyone thought it would.
Tonight’s CMLL Coliseo show has Guerrero Maya & Delta vs Misterioso & Sagrado for the Arena Coliseo Tag Team championship. All the champions have kept their belts on these Saturday shows and this seems like it’ll go the same way. El Grafico interviews Guerrero Maya Jr., who says Hechicero & Barbaro Cavernario have been their toughest challenge so far.
AAA has another big house show today in Arena Neza. Scheduled main event is Alberto & Mesias vs Electroshock & Texano Jr.
CMLL (FRI) 03/06/2015Arena México
1) Robin & Sensei vs Canelo Casas & Metálico
2) Flyer, Hombre Bala Jr., Tritón vs Boby Zavala, Sangre Azteca, Virus
3) Delta, Dragon Lee, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
4) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Felino, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Negro Casas, Thunder, Último Guerrero
6) Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. vs Máximo & Terrible [natl pi]
Original Ingobernables are back together in Arena Mexico. Almost as heartwarming, Rey Escorpion and Polvora are back together. Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi should not be as far down in the third match unless CMLL’s setting up another H2L in the matches above them.
AAA (THU) 02/26/2015Arena Naucalpan [Tercera Caida]
1) Ludxor & Venum b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Kronoz Debut of Kronoz, who’s been hanging out with Electroshock & Hijo del Pirata in vignettes since the start of the year.
2) Argenis, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito b Carta Brava Jr., Daga, Mini Psycho Clown
3) Australian Suicide & Faby Apache b Dark Scoria & Taya Valkyrie Hijo del Tirantes helped the rudos during the match, but Suicide still beat Escoria
4) Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr., Zorro b Drago, El Elegido, Jack Evans Elegido & Zorro replaced Fenix & Fantasma.
5) Blue Demon Jr., El Patrón Alberto, Fénix b Chessman, Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr. Alberto’s first match in this building since September 2007 (when he also teamed with Demon!) Fenix and Fantasma added to this match. Tecnicos took 2/3, Alberto beating Texano to win.
AAA has a taping tonight in Queretaro, which should be pretty busy. Most of the Rey de Reyes lineup is still very unclear, they’ll obviously need to have a card if they’re holding a press conference on Tuesday, so a lot of matches has to go sorted out tonight. The main event is Brian Cage’s debut in the promotion, opposite Alberto. TV has strongly teased Cage challenging for Alberto’s mega-championship, and tonight’s show should indicate how quickly they’re getting to that match. The full main event is Alberto, Fenix, and Myzteziz vs Cage, Fantasma and Pentagon Jr., which should also continue the Fenix/Fantasma rivalry.
Fenix/Fantasma is one of two matches we actually know for Rey de Reyes. The Rey de Reyes final is the only other match announced for Rey de Reyes, and that’s Texano and Three Other People. Bengala is good, Machine Rocker is good, Murder Clown is also in this match, and none of them appear to have a chance in this match. There’s a lack of drama in the outcome but this could turn out to be a pretty good match if they get Murder Clown out of the way early.
A bigger mystery for this show is in the fourth match, where the odd pair of Hijo del Pirata & Joe Lider take on Drago and a surprise luchador. The only rumor for the surprise has been Flamita, who worked a dark match here last year and has been recruited by the promotion to come in full time. Flamita was said to be returning to Dragon Gate next month, but has yet to be announced for any shows. (That may not mean anything : Flamita left Dragon Gate as a surprise so would figure to return as a surprise.) The show also includes a couple of promising matches to open the card, and a Hell Brothers vs Jack/Angelico/Parka match.
CMLL’s already announced the big matches for their March major show, and now are just attempting to make people to care about them. That effort makes Maximo & Terrible the favorite to win the second block of the Incredible Pairs tournament, to set up a final against fellow H2L main eventers Rey Bucanero & Volador. None of those matches sound good or actually sound like something that would make people more interested in the feud, but it is how CMLL usually sets up things. Rush returns to action for the first time since November, but may only wrestle for about 3 minutes today depending on his team with Shocker goes. They do have a change to advance if they can keep it together, as do Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero, but this field has a majority of Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. team where it’d be a surprise if they made it out of one round.
The actual main event has the Sky Team versus Ephesto, Mephisto and Rey Bucanero, which should be a showcase for the new tecnico champions. Dragon Lee and Kamaitaichi are in a great looking segunda which has absolutely no chance of airing on TV. CMLL’s packages on El Faraon have been well done, but it’d be nice to see them build up the main event matches on the show as strongly, and tonight’s trios match alone should give them enough to for a long highlight package.
The main event for this show was originally listed as a cage match where the loser would lose hair or mask, but the poster doesn’t specifically say that. The poster also says the fourth match is for the tag team titles neither team holds, so the poster may just be wrong.
It better not actually be a cage, but I dunno how Nino Hamburguesa is getting out. Five Match Fighters in the second match should be killer again, though it’d be even better if they moved Machine Rocker and Venum into it for Seven Match Fighters.