CMLL will air their weekly Monday Arena Puebla shows on their website (via YouTube) for free starting this upcoming Monday. The shows will air live and are believed to be airing complete. The local start time is 9pm Central and shows usually wrap up around 11pm. (This page will convert that to your time.) The broadcasts will begin with this upcoming Monday’s Arena Puebla’s show…
Dragon Lee and Kamaitachi is the semimain, but has been the feud of the year in CMLL and is the match worth going out of your way to see. At the same time, it’s also going to be the first try at doing this for real for CMLL, so there’s absolutely no guarantee any of it will work.
CMLL announced this over during last night’s Arena Mexico show. More details should be coming today on CMLL Informa.
The shows will air live; if you’re not around, you will not be able to rewind and rewatch. I was told that CMLL’s plan is to also put them up for on demand viewing on CMLL’s YouTube channel about a week after the events take place, but that has yet to be officially confirmed. (That timeline would mean they’re up on YouTube before the matches, in more edited form, will air on 52MX under the current scheme.)
My understand is this idea has been in the works for a while – the mysterious airing of Arena Puebla matches on their channel previously was a test run for this. That test broadcast did not include announcers and I’m not sure if they’ll have them on the live broadcast.
CMLL (TUE) 07/07/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Robin b Cholo & Espanto Jr. Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Leono, Star Jr., Stigma b Cancerbero, Metálico, Raziel Stigma replaced Pegasso. Star Jr.’s first match since April 7 (hand injury in training). He struggled here, botching his first big spot. Leono struggled at the end of the not good match, won by the tecnicos in a quick two falls.
3) Boby Zavala b Esfinge [En Busca de un Idolo] Zavala beat Esfinge with a tricky cradle in a good match. Esfinge attacked Zavala after he was judged for no discernible reason, and was criticized for it by the judges. Ripper was the guest judge, and Shocker returned to the panel. Boby scored a 8 (Ripper), 8 (Gladiador), 8 (Shocker), 9 (Tirantes) for a 33. Esfinge scored a 6, 7, 6, 2 for 21.
4) Flyer b Blue Panther Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo] Panther seemed to be working harder Flyer looked good at times, but almost ended his tournament with a misaimed Brillo Dorada to the floor. Judges didn’t think much of either man. Panther won with a Canadian Destroyer. Panther scored a 4 (Ripper), 6 (Gladiador), 5 (Shocker), 5 (Tirantes) for 20. Flyer scored a 3, 6, 5, 3 for a 17
5) Fuego, Super Porky, Volador Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pierroth, Vangellys
6) Kamaitachi, Mephisto, Pólvora DQ Ángel de Oro, Dragon Lee, Mistico Angel de Oro fouled and pulled Polvora’s mask for some reason.
Shocker returned as a judge, but appears to still be off shows. He was listed for Sunday’s Arena Mexico show, but has since been replaced by Euforia.
After W5 matches:
BP Jr. 208
It’s very tight around that last spot for the moment, but Flyer will likely surge to 3rd once the fan polling is added in. They’ve reduced the impact of the fan voting – “40” points are on the line, but they’ve changed it so you can pick up 25-30 on last place – but even that much should help Flyer move ahead of the cut line. CMLL does not seem to like Flyer, but they may have no choice in him getting thru.
Blue Panther Jr. (and Delta, in theory)’s problem is not just being 42 points out, but having to pass up three people at the same time.
Today’s Lucha Underground episode #35 (Fuel to the Fire). There are three matches on the taping, and all have been advertised.
Aerostar, Alberto el Patrón, Drago, Sexy Star vs Hernandez, Jack Evans, Johnny Mundo, Súper Fly
In this week’s Lucha Underground Renewal Watch: they aired the commercial for this show on RAW this weeks. (Which is smart, because this episode looks good and pretty much every episode left looks that way.) That seems like a positive sign to me, because it’s seems more of a significant expensive than trademarking a couple names.
the “there are a lot of super indie promotions” section
08/01 (Saturday) GIW at Arena Azteca Budokan has Aeroboy & the Traumas versus Bestia, Damian and Halloween, plus Valiente & Virus vs Solar & Black Terry. This is GIW’s second show and they’re trying to established themselves as another super indie, but I’d guess the Tijuana crew isn’t coming to Mexico City only to work that show.
CMLL (TUE) 07/14/2015Arena México
1) Bengala & Sensei vs Apocalipsis & Camorra
2) Flyer, Leono, Oro Jr. vs Akuma, Metálico, Sangre Azteca
3) Esfinge vs Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo]
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Blue Panther Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Tritón vs Pólvora, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys
6) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Titán vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
Mr. Niebla is back once again. Tell a friend. First match since May 4th, so the vacation lasted a little over 10 weeks this time. I wonder how long the return will last.
There’s still a lot of points to be given out, but the Esfinge/Disturbio 20 point decision swing might determine the last spot for round two (which probably won’t get them more than 3rd or 4th place, but still!) Angel de Oro and Polvora still matched against each other in the semimain.
On one side, Rey Escorpion really should be winning any title match he’s in leading up to the Ultimo Guerrero hair match. On the other hand, that match is happening three days later, so who besides the diehard fans who watch CMLL Informa are going to even know it’s happened either way? They really should’ve booked that match at least one week earlier, or one week later.
There is a Temblor in Texas/Tamaulipas area. I’m guessing this is not him.
CMLL (SUN) 07/05/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Micro b Destructor Debuts for both; Micro appears to be mini sized.
2) Avispón Negro Jr. & El Alteño b Quca & Relampago
3) Frezzer, Metatrón, Nautilius b Black Sugar, Évola, Gran Kenut Debut for Nautilius and Black Sugar. (The original Black Sugar was Rayo de Jalisco’s brother, so this one is likely part of the family.) Nautilius accidentally pulled off Black Sugar’s mask early on, but the tecnicos rallied back for the win.
4) El Divino, Neutrón, Vaquero Jr. DQ El Chakal, Joker, Sádico Vaquero Jr. has been hinted at being a member of the Texano family (maybe even Vaquero/Inquisidor’s son?). Neutron’s return to this building after 4.5 years. Both Neutron & Vaquero Jr. suffered injuries and the match ended by excessive violence DQ (which sounds like it fell apart.) Divino wants a title shot at Sadico.
5) Furia Roja, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno b Gallo, Pepe Aguayo, Virgo Local trios champions win a non title match.
Vaquero Jr. & Black Sugar, who’ve previously been wrestling on the Jalisco indies, made brief appearances in IWRG a week ago. That suggests they were in Mexico City for other business reasons.
With Kamaitachi/Dragon Lee happening in Arena Puebla next Monday, today’s Arena Mexico main event (Mistico, Dragon Lee, Angel de Oro versus Mephisto, Polvora and Kamaitachi) probably isn’t also setting put that title match. It’s still likely setting up something. The CMLL preview specifically brings up Angel de Oro’s light heavyweight title, perhaps that’s a clue, but they also push Mephisto/Mistico quite a bit.
The En Busca de un Idolo matcehs tonight are Blue Panther Jr. versus Flyer and Esfinge versus Boby Zavala. We know Zavala is going thru to the next round, but the other guys are all in need of any points they can pick up. Blue Panther Jr. is hanging by a thread; he may not have a route to the top four without massive turn around in the fan poll, but really needs the 20 points for a win over Flyer to even have that change. Flyer and Esfinge will both be hovering around the cut line after these matches and are in direct competition for the last two spots.
Tuesday Guadalajara has Atlantis, la Mascara, and Maximo versus Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpion and Terrible. Vaquero Jr. also turns up on that show. Magnus said he’s Periscoping his trip to the ring again, which might be all the video we get of that event.
Late last night, CMLL cameraman/webmaster poster on Twitter Alexis Salazar said Rey Escorpion threatened to kill him. That seems bad. Rey Escorpion disputed this retelling of events. Alexis’ posts have since disappeared. It’s Twitter so I’m not sure if I should totally take it seriously. Please don’t kill each other.
Aqui La Lucha looks back at the first heavyweight tournament, notes that the Box Y Lucha listing of the show actually had originally listed it as for the NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship. That title was vacant and unused at that point, so I guess it’s possible CMLL could’ve asked for it, was turned down, and instead created their own title. (Think of an alternate history where the NWA says “sure, whatever” and CMLL doesn’t have a reason to create a dozen titles of their own.) That would have to be a last minute shift, It’s always seem like EMLL decided to change to CMLL and promote their own titles for months before it actually happened, so something doesn’t fit.
IWRG (SUN) 07/05/2015Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Electro Boy & Hip Hop Man b Alfa & Omega Alfa & Omega’s first appearance here in months, lost in straight falls.
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Imposible, Muerte Infernal Muerte Infernal (hasn’t been seen since October) replaced Cerebro Negro. Turtles asked for a trios title shot.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Eterno, Halloween Jr. b Diva Salvaje, Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic Diva Salvaje replaced X-Fly. Apolo Estrada replaced Heddi Karoui. Halloween Jr. debuted.
4) Negro Navarro & Trauma I b Canis Lupus & Pirata Morgan [quarterfinal] Trauma I’s first match here since December. Canis Lupus replaced Hijo de Pirata Morgan.
5) Danny Casas & Veneno b Hijo del Pantera & Pantera [quarterfinal] Hijo del Pantera’s return from Japan.
6) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 [quarterfinal]
7) Hijo De Dos Caras & Súper Nova b Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 Jr. [quarterfinal]
8) Danny Casas & Veneno b Negro Navarro & Trauma I [semifinal]
9) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Hijo De Dos Caras & Súper Nova [semifinal]
10) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Danny Casas & Veneno [final]
That’s two straight weeks for the foreigners (who don’t have that much hair to lose.)
Yuca beat Miss Janeth in a mask versus hair matches on a Leyendas Inmortales show on Sunday. Yuca bled a lot, but took falls 2/3 to keep her mask. The third fall included run-ins by both seconds and Yuca using an unseen martinete for the win. Miss Janeth got part of her hair cut, but all the photos show her still with hair. (If Miss Janeth got her head shaved, it happened back stage.) Main event had Canek, Canek Jr., and Rey Hechicero defeated Zandao, Blue Panther (sub for Dos Caras) and As Charro Jr. Not sure what’s going on with their TV show. No new episode in over a month.
NJPW announced it’s lineups for their G1 tour. Ricochet challenging KUSHIDA for the IWGP Junior Championship was not announced for the final. It still could be announced for that show, or added to any other show, but that’s a bit of a surprise. Anything beyond the G1 tour would start to mean Ricochet wouldn’t be available for September Lucha Underground tapings (which appeared to be original plan for Season 2.)
AAA The Crash (FRI) 07/03/2015Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [SuperLuchas, The Gladiatores]
1) Star Dragon b Enigma and Destroyer and Mosco Negro and Mirage and Black Boy [The Crash Junior] New Title. Black Boy is already one half of the tag champs.
2) Daga & Flamita b Australian Suicide & Rey Horus Money thrown in. Daga beat Horus, who offered him and a partner TBD a shot at the tag titles (Horuz & Black Boy)
3) Aerostar & Fénix b B-Boy & Famous B The AAA duo won the all Lucha Underground match with their off the shoulders plancha.
4) Proximo L Genio Del Aire, Tony Casanova, Zarco, Ángel Metálico, Mr. Maldito, Jonathan, Búfalo Ayala [hair] Casanova’s first match in a while. Reverse elimination match, where the winner escaped the match by pinfall. Escape went Tony (beating Genio del Air), Genio del Air (Bufalo Ayayla), Bufalo Ayala (Maldito), Metalico (Jonathan), Mr. Maldito (moonsault onto everyone), Jonathan (Zarco) leaving Zarco & Proximo. Proximo got a visual pin on Zarco with the ref down, but Zarco ended up winning – saving his mask and taking Proximo’s hiar.
5) Pentagón Jr. b ACH, Bestia 666, Extreme Tiger [Torneo Refacciones del Valle] Daga ran out to help Pentagon, while Rey Horuz tried to help Bestia. Pentagon beat Bestia with a package piledriver, and the two talked about either a title match and mask/hair (reports differ, tag title match makes more sense.)
6) La Parka & Psycho Clown b Parka Negra & Zorro Parka was honored before the match. Both sides were counted out in the first, then the tecnicos took 2/3.
It seemed like there was a really good turnout for this show. There are badly edited videos of the high spot matches around.
CMLL (SAT) 07/04/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Bengala b Camorra
2) Magnus b El Rebelde very good match
3) Starman b Akuma
4) Flyer DQ Raziel Raziel fouled Flyer once, Bestia Negra missed it, so Raziel did it again.
5) Cancerbero b Oro Jr.
6) Pegasso & Tritón b Metálico & Sangre Azteca Metalico replaced Virus
7) Atlantis, Dragon Lee, Mistico DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Niebla Roja, Virus Virus replaced Shocker. Cavernario pulled Lee’s mask for the DQ, which set up a singles match between them.
I’m convinced this show is not programmed by the people who program the other shows, because someone’s got the sense to put on good main events outside of the usual few top matches.
Yesterday’s AAA TV, the second half of the Verano de Escandalo coverage. included bonus promos that might be TripleMania teaser. We still didn’t get to see the post-show interview where Alberto demanded Cage in a cage (so maybe that’s not the stip anymore), but the show did lead off with Cage & Alberto building up another match, and ended with Rey Mysterio and Johnny Mundo doing the same. (There were also Parka/Mesias back and forth, but that seemed more to build up the main event trios as it was labeled before the event.) A Mundo/Misterio singles match is not going to happen, but throwing it out there and throwing out many other heads up apuesta matches is strange. If there is a plan here, maybe it’s to tease a bunch of matches and do some sort of super ruleta de la muerte as the TripleMania main feature? It wouldn’t be super appealing and I’m not sure how well it’d draw, but it’d explain why they’re holding off announcing it. If they were doing simply Cage/Alberto, they could’ve announced it Friday right after Cage put Alberto thru the table. If it was a lot more things going on, perhaps include other apuesta matches that haven’t been teased, maybe they’d have to hold out a little longer.
This week’s free MLW Radio show had a few AAA tidbits. Konnan said Goya Kong first contact AAA “over a year ago” about making the jump, but CMLL found out and put her on TV more to get her to stay. Goya reached out again, Konnan & AAA said she had to jump this time or that was it, and she decided to jump. This move had been in the works for six months and they felt she was super over. Texano got hurt on a private show on a private show in Juan da la Barrera last Friday, trying to catch a Myzteziz dive and only getting one arm on him. He’s going to be out 3-4 weeks. Konnan also says the stories about Alberto & Rey’s contracts causing finanical problems (as reported by Dr. Lucha via the Figure Four) are untrue.
IWRG FILL (WED) 07/08/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Blue Metal, Canario, Vardeus vs Demonio Imperial, La Teniente, Skanda
2) Blue Monsther, Hijo del Alebrije, Voltar vs Guerrero 2000, Magnum 44, Troll
3) Dragon Fly, Kanon, Super Jack vs Araña de Plata, Electro Boy, Picudo Jr.
4) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Atomic Star vs Aeroman, Matrix Jr., Power Bull
5) Atomic Fly, Espeada De Plata, Flyer Star, Kesier Drago, Skiller, Toxin Boy, Wason, Yoruba vs Brazo Cibernetico, Caballero De Plata, Dr. Letal, Maquiavelico, Meteoro, Solaris, Sonic, Voraz [Copa High Power] Gym Zeuz (Toxin Boy) vs Gym Hip Hop (Voraz)
Oficial/Hip Hop Man continues in the main event, while the semimain is Eterno’s pupils versus Black Terry.
CMLL (SUN) 07/12/2015Arena México
1) Leono & Sensei vs Camorra & El Rebelde
2) Acero, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia
3) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Okumura, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Fuego vs Puma [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
6) Diamante Azul, Mistico, Valiente vs Niebla Roja, Shocker, Último Guerrero
Shocker or a suitable replacement in the main event.
Reyes del Atlantida are now suddenly teaming all the time. Wonder if they’ll be broken up if Maya wins this thing.
CMLL (SUN) 07/12/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro & Rey Halcon vs Guerrero de la Muerte & Micro
2) Capitan Cobra & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Demonio Rojo & Mr. Brisa
3) El Divino vs Sádico
4) Frezzer, Nautilius, Omar Brunetti vs El Chakal, El Yaqui, Thunder Boy
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Magnum vs Joker, Maléfico, Ráfaga
Divino and Sadico faced off in the semimain tonight, so something happened there.