AAA TV (FRI) 07/10/2015Gimnasio Miguel Hidalgo, Puebla, Puebla
1) Dinastía, Mini Drago, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Mini Charly Manson, Mini Psycho Clown
2) ? & Niño Hamburguesa vs Carta Brava & Taya Valkyrie
3) ? & Argenis vs Daga & Steve Pain
4) Monsther Clown & Murder Clown vs Electroshock & Hijo de Pirata Morgan and Australian Suicide & Jack Evans and Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria
5) Aerostar, Drago, Myzteziz vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
6) El Patrón Alberto vs Brian Cage vsEl Mesías [bull terrier]
Air Date: 08/08 & 08/15
This is unexpected: they only just mentioned the existence of this show on AAA TV this week, and there’s a card out a month ahead of time. This is 3 tapings after the one this weekend (Verano de Escandalo) and may not air until after TripleMania. It also looks like it could be building up TripleMania. It’s hard to say, what with this not airing for two months and all.
Also unexpected is how often Alberto’s working AAA TV tapings. After missing out on Rey de Reyes, he’s going to work 9 of the next 11, facing Cage just about every time out. Mesias is added to the mix here. Mesias putting his hair up soon would make sense if the belief is he’ll be switching to Mil Muertes in Mexico sometime soon, but who knows. This is a post of me throwing up my hands and figuring it’ll all make more sense later.
Semimain would be really good if Holocausto can trap Cibernetico backstage again.
Fourth match combines two feuds (Circus/Holocausto and Jack/Anglieco stand-in Suicide vs Secta) unexpectedly.
Is this Steve Pain’s 3rd return? I’ve lost track. Perhaps the mystery person here is whoever is teaming with Myzteziz back in Orizaba on the 27th? The mystery luchador in the second match is surely the same person who keeps getting listed as a mystery person in the other shows.
This seems like it ought to be the last taping in July, since they’d be so far ahead this point – but It’d be odd to go 3+ weeks without a taping. Maybe one more late in the month that’s sort of lame duck? On the other hand, the next card to be announced might just be TripleMania. Either way, I’d expect it’ll be a while.
IWRG (SUN) 06/07/2015Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr),Estrellas del Ring, Mano a Mano]
1) Araña de Plata & Atomic Star b Aeroman & Alas de Acero follow up to the FILL match, with Atomic Star beating Aeroman.
2) Metaleón, Skayde, Vaquero Jr. b Black Sugar, Dowki, Imposible Vaquero & Black Sugar are (presumably) the luchadors of the same name from Jalisco, randomly in IWRG.
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro b Apolo Estrada, El Hijo del Diablo, Hip Hop Man Cerebro and Apolo are back to feuding. Terrible Cerberos want a title shot.
4) Alan Extreme, Eterno, Heddi Karaoui b Súper Nova, Veneno, X-Fly Alan Extreme reappeared as sub for Canis Lupus! Heddi Karaoui also returned.
5) Bello Kaligula L Diva Salvaje, Dios Atenea, Estrella Divina, Demasiado,Chica Ye-Ye, Vanely, Miss Gaviota, Cristal, Sexy Girl [cage, mask] Bello Kaligula (debuting) lost his mask to Diva Salvaje. Kaligula is Mario Robrto Martinez Sanchez, from DF, 19 years old, 3 years a wrestler. Dios Atenea also debuted and others made their first appearance in IWRG in some time.
That’s not just the first IWRG match for Bello Kailgula, that’s the only match I can find for someone useing that name. What a historic event.
SlingTV has launched a group of latino packages for US viewers. The main $12/month package would give you access to Unimas (Spanish language version of Lucha Underground), Azteca (CMLL), and Teleformula (+LuchaTV, at least in theory.) The Latino package I get from Comcast – which also includes WAPA, 52MX and Multimedios – is about $17/month, so it seems like a decent discount. Sling alsos has an English language $20/month package that includes El Rey.
A US group called Clutch City Productions will be promoting the 07/05 Arena Coliseo Monterrey show. The Facebook promo pushes the group using Alberto, Hernandez and AJ Styles on their US shows, though no one’s specifically advertised for this one yet.
CMLL (SAT) 06/13/2015Arena Coliseo
1) Acero vs Pequeño Nitro
2) Astral vs Pequeño Olímpico
3) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte & Canelo Casas
4) Dark Angel vs Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit, La Vaquerita, Tiffany, Dalys, Zeuxis, La Seductora [cibernetico]
5) Atlantis, Máximo, Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
Semimain is Zeuxis’ return from ankle injury. Cibernetico on Sabado Retros is odd, possibly setting up a Zeuxis title match. (She made it all the way back without them stripping the title from her!)
CMLL (SUN) 06/14/2015Arena México
1) Magnus & Robin vs Camorra & Cholo
2) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Luciferno
4) Stuka Jr. vs Virus [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Ripper
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Shocker, Terrible
Stuka/Virus could be an interesting lightning match and tercera could be good. CMLL weirdness is not making Hechicero part of the Hijos del Infierno but teaming him up with them at every chance.
CMLL (SUN) 06/14/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Capitan Cobra & Mr. Apolo vs Mercenario & Mr. Brisa
2) Nube Roja & Toro Negro vs El Chakal & Évola
3) Metatrón & Reycko vs Joker & Sádico
4) Exterminador, Flash I, Maléfico vs Pepe Aguayo, Pitbull I, Pitbull II
5) Esfinge vs Sansón, Gallo, Ráfaga, Forastero, Rey Trueno, Magnum, Flash II, Espectrum, Infierno, El Cuatrero, Virgo [cage, mask, hair]
Hey, it’s the cage match I thought was happening, just in a different arena with a whole bunch of different people. No results from Guadalajara on Sunday (outside of Silueta keeping her title) but people have been running in on the main event for weeks so this is a logical outcome. No idea what’s meant to be going on in the semimain.
GIW (SAT) 06/06/2015Arena Azteca Budokan, Ciudad Nezahualcoyotl, Estado de México [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Mano a Mano]
1) Araña de Plata Jr., El Coyote, Shadowboy b Espacial, Infektor, Serpiente Azteca
2) Emperador Azteca & Metaleón b Centella Atomic & Power Bull Emperador Azteca replaced Mr. Leo.
3) Arez, Belial, Impulso b Fly Star, Toxin Boy, Wasson very good match. Arez beat Wasson.
4) Herodes Jr. b Trauma I, Trauma II, Aero Boy Trauma I submitted Aeroboy, Trauma II beat Truama I, Herodes beat Trauma II
5) Negro Navarro b Solar I and Pirata Morgan Pirata was the first out by Solar, who submitted in turn to Negro Navarro.
6) Extreme Tiger b Flamita Tiger got the win in a minor surprise.
CMLL (SAT) 06/06/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Robin b El Rebelde
2) Último Dragoncito b Pequeño Violencia
3) Cancerbero b Soberano Jr.
4) Raziel b Oro Jr.
5) Estrellita & Marcela DQ Dalys & Tiffany Straight falls, when Dalys came back in and attacked the referee after being eliminated.
6) Atlantis, Máximo, Mistico b Felino, Luciferno, Vangellys
7) Dragon Lee b Kamaitachi Dragon Lee was injured in the early moments. Kamaitachi beat him in the first, but Dragon Lee took 2/3 to win.
Lee & Kamaiatchi sounds like the usual high level.
CMLL (SUN) 06/07/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Molotov & Sensei DQ Akuma & Inquisidor Inquisidor accidentally unmasked Sensei for the DQ. Recap makes it sound like it was an actual accident.
2) Flyer, Oro Jr., Stigma b Disturbio, Espanto Jr., Metálico Flyer submitted Metalico – at least that’s what Pompin said. Metalico insisted it.
3) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Stuka Jr. b Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Virus Stuka torpedo splash on Pierroth
4) Titán b Sagrado [lightning] Titan won with this Mistica into a cradle (that need a name.)
5) Atlantis, La Máscara, Máximo b Kráneo, Morphosis, Ripper
6) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Naito b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero Niebla Roja replaced Negro Casas.
Titan’s used that cradle, likely inspired by the Gargano Escape, a lot as a new finish. I spent 15 minutes on wikipedia the other day trying to come up with a good thematic name and ended up with nothing good. Using his old Palacio Negro would worked if he had been named about the prison (but he was actually named after the band.) Maybe Tártaro, the prison of the Titans?
Sombra got another win for the Ingobernables, which is good since he won’t be getting wins elsewhere. NJPW announced the field for their annual G1 tournament, and he wasn’t on the list. Neither was Rush, or anyone else from CMLL. There’s been no CMLL participation since 2012. I’m really surprised, because I wouldn’t think NJPW would bother to promote Naito joining the Ingobernables if all it’s going to lead is to is maybe some matches in the tag team tournament at the end of the year. The ability to work in NJPW and get paid NJPW money is cited as one reason why CMLL luchadors don’t jump; it’s not much of a benefit if they’re only working five days a year in NJPW. (It’s also strange for NJPW to push ROH to work with CMLL in Mexico, when NJPW themselves uses CMLL only for one tour of shows and one guest wrestler in the BOSJ.)
The upshot is the time period of the G1 – late July to mid August – becomes the logical point to hold the CMLL Universal tournament. Mascara Dorada will likely be back in Mexico during that period and might not be at any other time. (It would mean no NJPW in CMLL’s tournament, but that happens more than it doesn’t.)
The Barbaro Caveranrio/Mascara Dorada match from this morning’s NJPW show is worth going out of your way to see. There’s a flub before the finish, but it’s great up to that moment. Cavernario did great on the tour. NJPW lists Naito on their 07/05 show, so he’ll be finishing up in CMLL before then.
AAA aired the final four matches from the Lucha World Cup as this week’s TV. They also aired a new vignette from the victory celebration, where a disguised Jeff Jarrett lead a sneak attack on Alberto el Patron, Myzteziz and Rey Mysterio Jr.. Karen Jarrett, Johnny Mundo, Averno, Cage and Konnan all jumped in. They focus on Jarrett & Alberto and it comes off as a tease to those two having a match for TripleMania, though no one actually says the word TripleMania. It’s probably an even stronger tease to plans for Averno and Myzteziz doing something, since AAA wouldn’t have thought to include Averno otherwise.
(It really makes no sense for Karen to be sneaking around too, because it turns a serious sneak attack in total comedy when the tecnicos are too dumb to spot her, but whatever.)
There’s an unexpectedly long biography of Monster Clown in the El Sol de Hidalgo. He first learned to wrestle in a makeshift cardboard ring in a parking lot, but sometimes it would get too muddy to do lucha libre. They were eventually able to build a real ring. He went to Tijuana with Medico Asesino Jr. at the age of 14, and said his family did not hear from him for two years. (This story is strange in places.) He says he first rejected the idea of joining AAA, because he wanted to stay in Tijauna and become the next Medico Asesino. His brother convinced him to take the AAA deal. They note the “unsuccessful” Allien gimmick – it did produce a couple of weird interviews where Alliens had to translate for his partners, since they only spoke in alien sounds.
Flamita was scheduled to wrestle both Rich Swann and Kamaitachi on June 21st. Now he’s only wrestling Rich Swann: he posted a video apologizing for pulling out of the ChilangaMask show. No word on a replacement, but Kamaitachi is capable of having a good match with anyone. Indy guys should be lining up to face him; putting in a good performance against someone who’s going to be a star in NJPW in a few years can only help your career.
Mini Joker talks about his debut in Arena Puebla on Monday: he’s been wrestling in Puebla for 15 years, always dreamed of wrestling in the big arena, but never thought he would. He had a conversation with promotion Benjamin Mar, Mar invited him to train at the arena, and he’s gotten a match after months of training.
CMLL is putting up the En Busca de un Idolo matches: Maya/Canelo and Delta/Zavala. This is great news. I’ll still record things if I’m around.
AAA The Crash (FRI) 07/03/2015Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Enigma vs Destroyer, Mosco Negro, Mirage, Black Boy, Star Dragon [The Crash Juniuor]
2) Daga & Flamita vs Australian Suicide & Rey Horus
3) Aerostar & Fénix vs B-Boy & Famous B
4) Proxino vs Geneio Del Aire, Tony Casanova, Zarco, Ángel Metálico, Mr. Maldito, Jonathan, Búfalo Ayala [mask, hair]
5) ACH vs Pentagón Jr., Bestia 666, Extreme Tiger [Torneo Refacciones del Valle]
6) La Parka & Psycho Clown vs Parka Negra & Zorro
Some really good matches randomly put together on this card. 2/3/5 all look good. None of these guys are scheduled for the AAA TV taping the same night. 3rd match is meant to be an all Lucha Underground match (and maybe that’s why it’s ahead of the stellar segunda.)
AAA TV (FRI) 07/03/2015 Expotampico, Tampico, Tamaulipas
1) El Guapo, El Patriarca, El Perro vs Arsenal, Baby Lover, Disturbio Dark match. Referee will be local Paco la Guavara.
2) ?, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito vs Carta Brava Jr., Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie
3) Bengala, Drago, El Elegido vs Dark Scoria, Dark Scoria, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
4) Angélico & Jack Evans vs Hijo del Fantasma & Joe Lider
5) Monsther Clown & Murder Clown vs El Mesías & Texano Jr. and Electroshock & Hijo de Pirata Morgan [lumberjack]
6) Myzteziz vs Averno seconds will be Argenis & Cibernetico
7) Brian Cage & El Patrón Alberto vs Blue Demon Jr. & Villano IV
Air Date: 07/25 & 08/01
Those dates pushed back one week with World Cup airing. We still don’t have a TripleMania date (?!?!) but those air dates are getting to the point where AAA will probably have to announce a main event by the time the shows airs. This card has some nominees for that spot.
AAA’s tried hard with Cage, but he still doesn’t seem over enough to main event TripleMania, but Alberto getting the big win might work in a year where there’s no better match. Villano IV is a name from a couple eras ago and only wrestles a handful of times, but maybe a Blue Demon Jr. mask match might work in a year where there’s no better match. Averno versus Myzteziz in an apuesta match would’ve easily filled a big Mexico City building at one point in time, that time is past, but maybe it might work in a year where there’s no better match. Or maybe multiple ones of those or none of ’em.
There’s some other strange matches on this show which might be preludes to other stuff. Joe Lider makes a rare TV 2015 appearance against Angelico & Jack, who probably should be going after the tag titles after their feud wiht La Secta. The three way tag match is very random, but AAA’s teased a Psycho Clown/Holocausto title match all year and that might fit on TripleMania. The third match might resolve the strange Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. storyline. The segunda should include which ever luchadora is showing up the week prior.
There’s got to be one or two more tapings between now and TripleMania.
CMLL (FRI) 06/05/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Hijo del Signo & Metálico b Magnus & Starman
2) Blue Panther Jr., Pegasso, The Panther b Disturbio, Okumura, Sangre Azteca
3) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Princesa Sugehit b Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany the returning Dark Angel won with a reinera on Amapola
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. b Canelo Casas [En Busca de un Idolo] Guerrero Maya won with something like his sit down piledriver (though it was botched.) Maximo was guest judge. Maya scored a 8 (Maximo), 7 (Gladiador), 7 (Shocker), 4 (Tirantes) for a 27. Canelo scored a 7, 7, 6, 3 for a 23.
5) Delta b Boby Zavala [En Busca de un Idolo] Delta won with his springboard guillotine double stomp. Judges gave him 8 (Maximo), 8 (Gladiador), 8 (Shocker) and 3 for 28. Zavala received 9, 8, 7, 9 for a 33.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Euforia, Thunder, Último Guerrero Straight falls for the Revolucionarios (who may now be the Chicos Malos) when Thunder betrayed the Guerreros and apparently joined Rey Escorpion’s group.
7) Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible b Dragon Lee, Valiente, Volador Jr.
Neither En Busca de un Idolo match is worth going our of your way to see. Delta/Zavala was slightly better. This wasn’t terrible but, if you’re like me and concerned about the quality of the tournament, this wasn’t reassuring. Judge Hijo del Gladiador was more problematic than the matches, praising luchadors for the skill of being second generation lucahdors and seemingly putting lots of emphasis on the look and little on wrestler skill. (Blue Panther Jr. is going to do so well with him.) Gladiador’s evaluations do serve as a depressing but not at all surprising reveal of CMLL’s programming department.
Thunder moving to the Revolucionarios seems like they’re setting up an Ultimo Guerrero/Thunder match. Which would be something.
CMLL is now on instagram at @cmll_mx. AAA’s been on there for a while as @luchalibreaaa. Noticed AAA is already on Periscope too.
NJPW will have the first ever Cavernario versus Mascara Dorada match on their show tomorrow. It airs live on NJPW World, starting around 3AM Sunday morning, with the finals of the Best of Super Juniors tournament (KUSHIDA/O’Reilly) in the main event.
AAA has a promo up for the Verano de Escandalo iPPV. It’s only going to be in Spanish, which is the smart thing to do when there’s already a WWE PPV on that day. Note that the price is $15USD if you pay thru Paypal, but only $9.50 USD (150 MXP ) if you use can get the Mexican payment systems to work. Your bank may tack on a foreign payment fee, but that’s a bit of a difference.
IWRG FILL (WED) 06/10/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Canario, Magic Dragon, Vardeus vs Demonio Imperial, Soldado De La Muerte, Último Caballero
2) Adrenalina, Hijo del Alebrije, Voltar vs Blue Monsther, Magnum 44, Super Jack
3) Caballero De Plata, Sonic, Voraz vs Aztlán, Enigma, Vortice Voraz’s team is from Gym Hip Hop Man! They face Skayde’s Team.
4) Espada de Plata, Kesier Drago, Toxin Boy vs Acero, Electro Boy, Marduk Gym Zeuz vs Gym FILL
5) Aeroman, Black Terry, Dragón Celestial vs Aramis, Atomic Star, Eterno Gym FILL vs Gym Eterno
No offense to Hip Hop Man, but does everyone have a training class?
CMLL (FRI) 06/12/2015Arena México
1) Stukita & Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio & Pequeño Olímpico
2) Oro Jr., Sensei, Soberano Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Okumura
3) Fuego, Pegasso, Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Flyer vs Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Blue Panther Jr. vs Esfinge [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión, Thunder
7) La Sombra, Naito, Rush vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
CMLL builds up an actual atomicos feud (there’s 4 Guerreros and 4 whatever the other groups is called), booked a trios match. OK.
These en Busca de un Idolo matches mean all the guys who were on last night’s show will be on the Tuesday show on the 16th – only Guadalajara seemed to be setting up Maya & Delta for a trios title match on the 16th. Guess not. Also, this is another show with seven matches, which suggest Tuesday listing only six is a typo.
FULL (THU) 06/04/2015 Carpa Astros, Tlalpan, Distrito Federal [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Ángel Del Amor, Charly Madrid, Marabunta Jr. b Alfa, Omega, Sarú and Luzbel Jr.,Maiden, Pequeño Black Warrior [Copa Novato]
2) Alan Stone & Golden Magic DQ Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Sucesor Pirata fouled Stone for dancing too much.
3) Lady Apache DRAW Rossy Moreno [FULL WOMEN] Lady Apache took fall one. Rossy Moreno was hurt in fall two and apparently pinned Lady Apache, though Apache thought she had kicked out and Rossy was pinned. Apache celebrated the ‘win’ for a while, then was informed she had lost the fall, then Rossy Moreno walked out because she was hurt. Title remained vacant.
4) Cien Caras Jr., El Hijo del Solitario, Toscanob Hijo De Dos Caras, LA Park, Tinieblas Jr. Rudos took 1/3. Solitario pinned Tinieblas after pulling his mask. Cien & Solitario beat up Tinieblas after the match (Dos & Park having disappeard?) and Hijo del Anibal appeared to make the save. Tinieblas challenged Solitario to a singles match.
Attendance looks as poor as last time. That women’s title finish is an all timer.
Tonight starts the En Busca de un Idolo tournament. It’s the first of eighteen nights with tournaments matches (plus maybe the trios match.) There’s no obvious favorite to winner overall going into day 1, but this opening round does feature three luchadors who appear to have the best chance of moving into round two: Guerrero Maya, Boby Zavala & Delta. Maya & Zavala seem like locks to move on. Delta’s lacking a little bit, but has more experience than a lot of hopefuls.
Flyer, Esfinge, Blue Panther Jr., Disturbio and Canelo Casas start off battling for the fourth and last spot. Canelo’s got his best chance for a good match tonight against Guerrero Maya. It’s a long competition but, if Canelo does not do well tonight, it’s going to be a very long competition.
The actual main is Dragon Lee getting a Friday night main event, teaming with Valiente & Volador Jr. to face Shocker, Terrible, and Rey Bucanero. It’s not the most ideal matchup for Dragon Lee, but it’s still interesting to see him get the opportunity. The semimain is Guerreros/Thunder vs Revolucionarios (or maybe Chico Malos), where Ultimo Guerrero is feuding with just about everyone.
Cavernario finishes 3-4, 6th place, the usual CMLL spot. Outside of the record, he had one of the best runs of the tournament and probably will be back at some point. Mascara Dorada finished third, his best ever finish in this tournament. He’ll be in the mix as a potential winner if he’s around next year (and I think he will be.)
DTU (SUN) 06/21/2015 Deportivo Benito Juárez, Gustavo A. Madero, Distrito Federal
1) Ryan Kidd vs Lanzeloth, Artikus, Lokillo
2) Cíclope & Miedo Extremo vs Mike Segura & Tupac Amaru
3) Super Mega vs Paranoiko
4) Black Fire & Slayer Pack vs Crazy Boy & Pesadilla and Ángel del Misterio & Drastik Boy
5) Masamune vs Jinzo, Septimo Dragon
6) Rich Swann vs Flamita
The tour ending show continues the pattern of Flamita being in every big match the last couple of months. He’s the Young Bucks of Mexico.