AAA LLP (SUN) 11/28 Six Flags, DF
1) El Elegido, Fabi Apache, Octagoncito vs Alan Stone, Jennifer Blake, Mini Histeria
2) Cibernético, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans vs El Ilegal, Hernandez, Último Gladiador
3) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Zorro vs El Mesías & Electroshock [Campeonato Premier, semifinal]
4) ?? vs ??? [Campeonato Premier, final]
AAA TV (SUN) 12/05 Auditorio Benito Juarez, Zapopan, Jalico
1) Gato Eveready, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Decnnis, Mini Abismo Negro, Polvo de Estrellas
2) Aerostar, El Elegido, Octagón vs Alan Stone, Chris Stone, Súper Fly
3) Silver King & Último Gladiador vs Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario and El Ilegal & Hernandez [AAA TAG, Ladder]
4) Espíritu, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, La Parka Jr. vs ???, Cibernético, Escoria, Taboo
5) El Mesías vs LA Park
6) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Damián 666, Halloween, X-Fly
7) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Zorro [AAA HEAVY]
I haven’t been on the boards today, so this may have been posted on one of those first, but I saw it on En El Ring.
With the obvious exception of the second match, everything makes sense based on the TV angles they’ve done so far. Super Fly on the rudo team is no surprise, but unless they did a backstage angle to explain it in Leon, they won’t have actually done the turn before this show happens. After all this build up, forgetting to do the actual turn is just about right.
Once Lider brought in a ladder for no reason, it was pretty obvious they were doing a multiteam ladder match soon. I’d guess Ozz & Cuervo would be in this too if they weren’t in a different country.
Mystery man is a New Bizarro. Tecnico side are the guys who the Bizarros have attacked (plus Tiger.)
First time Mesias & Park have had a singles match. That’s really the second biggest match on the show.
Cage match does NOT have hair or masks on the line. When this feud started, it seemed very likely the Perros would be the ones to finally end the streak. Not nearly as likely with X-Fly involved.
Zorro and Dr. Wagner theoretically could have title singles matches for two straight Sundays. They could be in the Lucha Libre Premier finals tomorrow and this title match on Sunday, which may tell you all you need to know about who’s actually going to be in those finals. We like Zorro, but he seems to be just a guy to get to be a challenger here and it’d be a surprise if the title changes hands.
It’s a bit surprising AAA didn’t just use up Chessman’s title match here. If they’re going to adhere to their own rules, Chessman now must cash in the title shot at Rey de Reyes. (They may not.)
OILL (TUE) 11/23 Arena Aficion [DINO @ box y lucha, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Concord b Sable
2) Maldito Jr. & Samot b Brazo Metalico & Chico Che
3) Esther Moreno & Flor Metalica b La Chola & Rossy Moreno
4) el Ángel, Juventud Guerrera, Marco Corleone, Oriental b Espectro de Ultratumba Jr., Scorpio Jr., Super Calo, Zumbido
5) Fishman Jr. & Histeria II b Black Abyss & Canek Jr. [losers advance]
6) Black Abyss & Canek Jr. b Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. & Mascara Sagrada Jr. [losers advance]
7) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. b Mascara Sagrada Jr. [mask]
Some slight changes. The third Dr. Wagner picked up his first mask. Mascara Sagrada Jr. is the former AAA guy – he might have been announced as “Mascara Jr.” and he was actually wearing his Super AAA gear, but he’s Hugo Torres, from DF, 15 years a wrestler. The Box Y Lucha recap says Mascara hurried from the ring after he lost his mask and they did not give out a name, but Estrellas del Ring’s reporter had backstage access and the photos.
CMLL (TUE) 11/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Astaroth b Metalik
2) Hierro & Virgo b Infierno & León Blanco
3) Neutrón & Palacio Negro b Ángel del Mal & Malefico
4) Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila, Volador Jr. b Delta, Sagrado, Valiente
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Metro b Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Negro Casas
Women’s split the difference of the other two this weekend. Tiffany was better here, and she’s got a lot more personality than most of the women. There’s a role for her here, and this was a better performance.
It’s always the Panther matches (and usually the Averno ones) where the usual beatdown->comeback formula get thrown out to do something slightly different. It may be because he’s the only left who remembers lucha before that formula and cares enough to try something different. Not a lot of Dorada but he looked good in what he did.
CMLL (MON) 11/22 Arena Puebla [Cinco Radio]
4) Mephisto, Taichi, Vangelis b Máximo, Metro, Sagrado
5) Atlantis, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. b Charly Manson, Olímpico, Psicosis
Last week, Psicosis II unmasked Psicosis III on Luchas 2000. This week, AAA ripped both of them in Luchas 2000. Psicosis II responded after his match, talking about Black Abyss coming to CMLL soon, promising more surprises and saying AAA/Dorian started by treating people badly.
CMLL (TUE) 11/23 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Robin b Cholo & Semental
2) Astro Boy, Molotov, Starman b Escorpion, Inquisidor, Puma King
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata DQ Loco Max, Pólvora, Skándalo
4) Blue Panther, Stuka Jr., Toscano b Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis, Yoshihashi
5) Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Místico b Ephesto, Taichi, Texano
All tecnico night. All five people who went to the show were thrilled. Attendance looks sparse.
Rey Bucanero was originally listed in the main event, but they switched him out for Ephesto sometime in the last few days, and Yoshihashi took Ephesto’s place on in the semimain. Tecnicos won, but Fantasma was still strechered out after a Taichi move. Two stretcher rides in three days for Fantasma.
Semimain ended with dueling pin – Vangelis on Stuka and Toscano on Okumura – but since Okumura was the captain, the tecnicos won.
Loco Max fouled Angel de Oro for a straight fall DQ loss. His hair still needs at least a couple months.
Best Tecnico: Milenium
Best Rudo: Fuerza Chicana
Special Recognition: Black Tiger (25 years), Espiritu Maligno.
Mr. Rafaga, who lost his match to Pierrothito last year and last wrestled in October, announced his retirement at this event. This is probably a legit retirement, since there’s not many Puebla spots to go around as it is.
CMLL (MON) 11/29 Arena Puebla
1) Lestat & Stigma vs Espiritu Maligno & Siki Osama
2) Astro Boy, Starman, Trueno vs Durango Kid, Hooligan, Inquisidor
3) Diamante, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Cancerbero, Nitro, Raziel
4) Rush, Sagrado, Toscano vs Shigeo Okumura, Taichi, Yoshihashi
5) Brazo de Plata, Shocker, Strong Man vs Héctor Garza, Texano Jr., Volador Jr.
Wow. Maybe find something else to do the last hour?
CMLL (TUE) 11/30 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Astaroth & Virgo vs Templario & Titanio
2) Idolo & Magnum vs Ángel del Mal & In Memoriam
3) Black Metal & Metal Blanco vs Evola & Sangre Azul
4) Blue Panther, Máximo, Toscano vs Averno, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
5) La Sombra vs Dragón Rojo Jr.
Sangre Azul is a new name here. There was one in Xalapa last year. He’s already a favorite, there’s not enough Azuls.
I eagerly anticipate seeing that main event – it’s a Christmas present for the US show.
CMLL (SUN) 12/05 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal, Horus, Palacio Negro vs Ángel del Mal, Puma King, Tiger Kid
2) Goya Kong, Lluvia, Silueta vs La Comandante, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Blanca
3) Fuego, Metro, Stuka Jr. vs Escorpion, Pólvora, Semental
4) Máscara Dorada, Rush, Strong Man vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
5) Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Universo 2000
This is going up against Guerra de Titanes, 9 km away. It’s also a Rayo celebration.
Hijo del Fantasma, Rush, Sagrado vs Mephisto, Taichi, Yoshihashi: this didn’t get wherever it was going before the Mephisto injury. I’ve seen a hundred things which looked worse in the flow of the action than Mephisto’s injury – so much so that it seemed like it could be a strange angle – but it did look a lot worse when they slowed it down.