So, rounding up the fake rumors. I’ll put a big line down there, so you know where the legitimate stuff starts, in case you started drinking early for New Year’s Eve.
Ovaciones suggested THIS card
AAA CMLL UMLL (SUN) 02/10 Monumental Plza de Toros Mexico Lineup
1) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Cibernetico [street fight]
2) La Parka vs LA Park [bull terrier]
3) Octagon vs Blue Demon Jr. vs Hijo del Santo vs Mistico [mask]
When I saw a picture of Octagon and a headline teasing masks on the line, I thought they were drumming up Fuerza vs Octagon again. So this was actually much better.
SuperLuchas gave it more effort
– Mistico signed to WWE for five years and WWE would get his name and identity.
– Mistico would leave CMLL on 01/25, he’d debut in the Rumble two day later, then go to OVW for 6 months
– he’d return to SmackDown, with Rey Misterio retiring ot manage him
– Volador Jr., El Sagrado, and Sombra would particpate on ECW shows on special occasions, and Dean Malenko is mentioned as also suggesting Ultimo Guerrero, Blue Panther, Atlantis, and La Mascara. Tony Garea suggests Hijo del Santo.
– WWE would, in return, send CMLL three wrestlers during the year. Carlito would debut in January, and they’d do a Dos Caras Jr. vs MVP title vs title match at some point.
They’re having fun with these on the Satanico’s Mansion board: Abismo and others kicked out of AAA, Mistico wins Averno’s mask, and AULL main event with Park & Perro vs Atlantis & Wagner, losing team meets with mask or hair on the line. At El Martiente, the Konnan Big to WWE rumor fails – it has to be at least adjacent to reality to work.
Last Year, we had Mistico signing with AAA and Atlantis going skiing in Salt Lake City (which I prefer to believe actually happened. In 2005, Ovaciones went with AAA Is Dead, which such ludicrous ideas as “CMLL will start to run Arena Mexico on Sundays”. Crazy! In 2004…in 2004, the blog didn’t update daily before 2005, never mind.
Actually, if you click back to last year’s bit, I said
I mean, I guess CMLL shorter matches and AAA’s trend towards ‘extreme’ wrestling and other stuff could be voted as “worst development in lucha this year”, but for me, it’s the lack of wacky skits. I have a problem with show long bits that reveal the man under the Shocker mask to be, in fact, Shocker, but I’d be totally down with show long bits of Shocker and Dr. Wagner Jr. bowling and getting a strike in every frame.
This is STILL true, and I’ve been meaning to expand on this thoughts (especially towards the MVS produced shows) at some point.
DTU (FRI) 12/14 Tulacingo [the gladiatores]
1) Black Fire b Ragde
2) Talacys b Money Pack
3) Freelance b Yakuza
4) Alfred Dino, Angel o Demonio, Big Memo b Dance Boy, Demoledor, Juan el Ranchero
5) Suicida & Violento Jack b Aero Boy & Crazy Boy and Cerebro Negro & Fantasma de la Ópera
6) Magnifico, Paranoico, Pesadilla vs Alfred Dino, Angel o Demonio, Big Memo
The plan was to come back in February with Lider/Crazy vs Halloween/Tiger, but who knows with Crazy Boy’s injury. Card doesn’t look much like what was announced before.
AAA (TUE) 12/25 Arena Azteca Budokan [the gladiatores]
1) Imperial b Pequeno Diamante
2) Maquina de la Muerte, Rey Dragon, Rey Neza b ?, Golden Bull, Tabura
3) Brozo, Espirial Negro, Ricky Gonzalez b Cristal, Metal boy, Skayderman
4) Martha Villalobos & Sexy Star b La Diabólica & Rossy Moreno
5) Juventud Guerrera, Latin Boiler, Oriental b Demente, Electro Shock, Halloween
6) Mini Gran Apache L Mini Oriental, Mini Cibernetico, Dorado, Motocross, Mini Histiera [hair, cage]
Mini Cibernetico tried to hit Mini Oriental with a chair, but got Mini Gran Apache instead. Apache fell back into the cage for the loss.
CMLL (TUE) 12/25 Arena Neza [the gladiatores]
1) Ambar & Cosmotron b Asesino del Futuro & Luis Cirio Jr.
2) Super Camaleon & Super Tri b Dr. Karonte Jr. & El Romano
3) Black Danger & Black Heal b Piel Roja & Ultraestar
4) Chac-Mol, Rayo Tapatío I, Rayo Tapatío II b Dr. Markus Jr., Luis Cirio, Mohicano I
5) Negro Casas & Starman b Máscara Año 2000 & Sangre Azteca
6) Ramstein L Tony Rivera, Dr. X, Virus, Apocalipsis, Super Nova, Astro Boy, La Máscara [cage, hair]
No sign of Dos Jr. vs Mascara Ano 2000, so that was a miscommunication somewhere along the lines. Order of exist (after five minutes): Super Nova, Apocalipsis, Dr. X, La Mascara, Astro Boy, and Virus. I see a photo of Tony getting his hair cut, but no shot of him bald.
CMLL (FRI) 12/28 Arena Mexico
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Sombra de Plata vs Apocalipsis & Ramstein
2) La Seductora, Marcela, Rosa Negra vs Amapola, Hiroka, Mima Shimoda
3) La Máscara, Máximo, Valiente vs Averno, Mephisto, Sangre Azteca
4) Dr. Wagner Jr., Negro Casas, Sagrado vs Lizmark Jr., Último Guerrero, Universo 2000
5) Shocker vs Héctor Garza
In previewing tonight’s show, ESTO names Ultimo Guerrero the Rudo of the Year. It doesn’t appear any critera was used, it just made for a snappier headline. Partner Atlantis also talks about his 2007. The show itself is pushed on the Perros still want revenge on Shocker for turning on them bit. Garza is the only Perro scheduled for the show.
ESTO recaps the year in AAA as well.
The Tijuana Box Y Lucha comission announced their nominees for wrestler awards. Wrestler of the Year choices are Damian 666, Nicho, Rey Misterio Sr., and Super Kendo. I think they just take last year’s list, and see if there’s any reason they can not just put the same four people on this year’s list.
The Gladiatores has photos from awards shows for AAA Reyes del Ring and IWRG, which is worth checking just for Yamato’s photo.