CMLL.com posted a note saying Mistico, Perro Jr., Marco and Universo will be involved on the card. Sounds like a tag match to me. This sounds marginally better than straight Marco/Universo.
The Luchawiki is down at the moment, due to technical difficulties.
We hope to be back up in soon, but it may take a couple of days. Sorry.
(If you know how to fix/extract from partially corrupt mySQL databases and would like to help, email email@example.com)
Update: We’re back! I [heart] downtownhost.com
AAA TV (SAT) 03/10 Tlaxacalita [KrisZ]
1) Alan, Aventurero, Decnnis b Ãngel Mortal, Gallego, Mr. CÃ³ndor
2) Fabi Apache, Gran Apache, Mini Chessman, Polvo de Esterllas b Billy Boy, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata, Sexy Star
3) Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz b Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Psicosis II
4) Juventud Guerrera & OctagÃ³n b Fuerza Guerrera & Pirata Morgan
5) Abismo Negro, Antifaz del Norte, Histeria, Mr. Niebla b Alberije, El Elegido, La Parka Jr., Zorro
Air Date (projected)
No more details than that. Dulce Poly is apparently wearing a mask as Sexy Star, which means I just gave away her secret identity right there. Sorry about that.
I would guess Abismo used the Martiente Driver on a ref and/or someone on the tecnico team (and maybe the Sect interfered), Juvi pinned Fuerza, the Sect cheated to win the tercera, and Billy refused to fight his wife, costing his team the match.
Fishman chats on Boy Y Lucha’s site tomorrow.
Perro Aguayo Jr. wants to make a documentary of Perro Aguayo. (ovaciones)
CMLL (MON) 03/12 Arena Puebla [hugo999]
1) Blue Center & Super Star b Mafia & Mr. Rafaga
2) Centella de Oro, SWAT, the Tiger DQ Ares, Fuerza Chicana, Siki Osama
3) Fabian el Gitano, Stuka Jr., Valiente b Arkangel, Cerebro Negro, Kraken
4) Felino, Heavy Metal, Valiente b Damian 666, Halloween, Mr. Aguila
5) Dos Caras Jr., Lizmark Jr., Marco Corelone DQ Olimpico, Terrible, Universo 2000
Valiente filled in for Ogun in the semifinal. Terrible replaced Black Warrior in the main event.
CMLL (TUE) 03/13 Arena Coliseo
1) Rayo Tapatio I & Rayo Tapatio II b Artillero & Super Comando
2) Amapola, La Nazi, Rosa Negra b India Sioux, Lady Apache, Marcela
3) Goto, Ohara, Okumura b Brillante, Valiente, Virus
4) Damian 666, Halloween, Mr. Aguila b Felino, La Mascara, Maximo
5) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Blue Panther, Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Bucanero
Someone liked the idea of outside teammate help to win tonight – it happened in the women’s match (Amapola pinning Apache with some help from La Nazi) and it happened in the main event (Averno getting the win with help from Mephisto.)
IWRG (SUN) 03/11 Arena Naucalpan
1) Aguila Oriental b Sasaki
2) Macho II & Vampiro MetÃ¡lico b Antaris & Ave Fenix
3) Trauma I, Trauma II, Vampiro Metalico b Kai, Kid Tiger, Yamato
4) Bestia Salvaje, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Pierroth Jr. b El Dandy, Esfinge, Suicida
5) Cerebro Negro DQ Black Terry [hair]
Pierroth Jr. interfered in the main event, costing fellow rudo Black Terry his hair. That’s gotta suck. Bestia fouled Dandy to pick up the win in the semifinal. Bestia wants a title match, Dandy wants a hair match. Traumas cheated to beat Kid Tiger in the tercera.
indy (TUE) 03/13 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [rfc]
0) Mascara Negra & Mr. Cuervo b Black Thunder & Reggaeton
1) Borrico b Angel Negro
2) Hollywood b Black Nazi
3) Golden Boy b Ejecutor
4) Humberto Garza Jr. b Al Barone
5) Hijo de Anibal & Konan Big DQ Hijo del Solitario & Pancho Tequila
Anibal faked a foul from Solitario.
indy (SUN) 03/18 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [rfc]
1) Borrico & Tequilita vs Burrito & Mini Burrito
2) La Bella & La Bestia vs La Bandida & Loco Tormenta
3) Angel Negro, Hollywood, Silver Star vs Al Barone, Black Nazi, La Sombra
4) Nygma, Picudo, Silver Cat vs Black Dragon, Huracan Ramirez Jr., Ultraman Jr.
5) Axel vs Hijo de Espanto [FILL MIDDLE]
6) Konnan Big, Laro, Pancho Tequilla vs Casanova, Golden Boy, Humberto Garza Jr.
Konnan Big appears to be calling himself Super Konnan now. Hijo de Esapnto was the champ before Axxel (and before he and Konnan Big passed it back and forth), so this is his rematch for the belt.
indy (THU) 03/15 Deportivo Lee Roy
1) Sepultura & Shuriken vs Black Bull & Terrorista
2) Dark Saint & Rey Tempestad vs Chakor & Vengador
3) Cirucs & Payasito vs Latino Jr. & Muerte Negra
4) Arana Cibernetica & Arana del Futuro vs Rey Halcon & Vaquero Salazar
5) Centella Azul Jr. & Junior Halcon vs Moro Jr. & Psycho
SIGMA (SUN) 03/18 Coliseo Laguna
1) Barrio Boy & Scriba Jr. vs Baby Maravilla & King Azteca
2) Violencia I & Violencia II vs Montana I & Montana II
3) Guerrero Inca & Mini Star vs Angel de Oro & Fuego
4) Psycho & Scriba vs Indio Chirikawa II & Tackle
5) Black Jet, Diabolico I, Kain vs Dimante Negro, Indomable, Spiderman
JUNIORS (SUN) 03/18 Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi
1) Gronda XXX & Super Tri vs Halcon Dorado Jr. & Ice Killer
2) Breack Demon vs Mensajero, Fleachdor Justiciero, Pantera Silva, Creazy Star, Bat Boy, Tigre del Ring, Coyote Azul [trofeo Arena Coliseo 2007]
3) Coyote Azul Jr. & Lagarto vs Asesino Maldito & Tromba
This sounds like a new promotion taking over the building, though I thought people were promoting with the JUNIORS name in SLP already. Maybe that’s some place else.
Santo wants to open Santo stores in Tokyo and LA in 2007. He tells the story of negotating the contract with Cartoon Network – he wore his mask, and he asked if they had negotated in person with the Powerpuff Girls. Santo notes that he’s different.
EHUI writes about a show that’ll have lucha libre and kickboxing matches.
Zocalo writes about a Monclova female wrestler named Lilit. There are no other local women wrestlers, so she’s wrestling with the men.
New magazine Lucha Libre had Huracan Ramirez on issue #1 and Ultimo Guerrero on #2.
While in India to hype WWE shows, it looks like Rey Mysterio outsourced his gimmick. (Thanks to mikeinformer).
Ask A Mexican explains lucha masks:
My theory? Masks are cool. As great as El Santo â€” Mexico’s most famous wrestler â€” was in the ring, he became an icon mostly because of a luminous silver mask that accompanied him through dozens of films and even into the afterlife. Masks allow wearers to bend societal norms and participate in activities that proper Mexicans would frown upon, like lucha libre or hatching a revolution in the Chiapan jungles. Without those masks, the wearer is just another Mexican â€” and who wants to be that?
KrisZ’s AAA results get their own post in a bit.
AdC Presents Lucha Libre
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Round Lake Sports Center
2004 Municipal Way
Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
Thanks to AdC for clearing it up. I’m kinda not sure if I’ll be in Illinois at 6PM tonight (or if I’ll be more than half awake), but if it comes together, I’m going to try to make this show. There’s also still the show on Sunday at Congress.
UPDATE: Over on CPW, I’ve got two people telling me a typo, one of whom I might be able to believe (<- this line specifically to save Robert a followup comment, thanks.)
Meanwhile, Arenas de Chicago‘s site has been updated (TODAY) to list the location of today’s show. You wouldn’t think they would update to put the address for a show that took place ten days ago, which is the assumption on the CPW board. The person doing the website is clearly under the impression that the show is tonight..
I think there a 80% chance of show tonight – I think the people who posted in the thread are well-intentioned but ill-informed (happens to all of us) and I think AdC really needs to sign up with an account on CPW and post dates/lineups on their own rather than relying on people second hand. I think I’m also too tired and too unfamiliar with Round Lake Beach to find it, but I hope it’s a good show
Most of all, I hope people make it a lot easier for me to give them money for a product they’re offering, because this is totally ridiculous
If you’d like to followup on the post, send an email – I’m not opening comments on this post and will not be happy if people use other posts to do post public comments
CMLL (SUN) 03/11 Arena Coliseo [cmll]
1) Danger & Trueno b Calígula & Mesala
2) India Sioux, Lady Apache, Luna Magica b La Nazi, Medussa, Rosa Negra
3) Leono, Stuka Jr., Tony Rivera DQ Arkangel de la Muerte, Mogur, Mr. México
4) el Hijo del Pierroth, Pierroth, Shigeo Okumura b La Máscara, Mictlan, Tigre Metalico
5) Damián 666, Halloween, Mr. Águila b Alex Koslov, Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corelone
Leono won in straight falls, but may have been fouled in both of them. If you’re going to lose in straight falls, that’s the way to go.
STILL NO AAA TAPING RESULTS.
AAA Baja California (THU) 03/08 Auditorio de Tijuana [Halcon]
1) Soark b Bull Rider
2) Angel Mensajero, Camaleon de Oro, R-15 b King Azteca, Pandillero I, Pandillero II
3) Estrellita & Martha Villalobos b Rossy Moreno & Tiffany
4) Super Astro, Tinieblas Sr., Zorro b Fuerza Guerrera, Juventud Guerrera, Zumbido
5) Nicho el Millionario & Rey Misterio Sr. DQ Abismo Negro & Psicosis II
6) Charly Manson, Chessman, Cibernetico DQ El Elegido, La Parka Jr., Octagón
Chessman yanked Parka’s mask for the main event DQ. Abismo accidentally beat up the ref in the semimain. Juvi and Fuerza didn’t get along in their match.
Mundo de Hoy has the Coco Rojo/Super Muenco wrap up
– Super Muneco says he couldn’t sleep well for the five days leading to the show. That would seem to be a hazard. Muneco explains he won the match with an arm hold that he created, called la Bikina, which was the name (nickname?) of “a love I lost.” Losing love = debilitating arm hold, I see it.
– and a recap of the show – no interview with Coco Rojo?
Grade school teachers are against Guerra de Titanes in Paraguay, thinking watching wrestling has increased adolescent violence.
Guerreros del Ring #78 has Lady Apache.
This what the Observer said about the Mistico/WWE story resolution, so you get the correct wording on the meaningful parts.
Mistico admitted to [WWE] that he had signed a five year contract with CMLL that had sever years remaining. WWE lawyers decided the only way they could sign Mistico was if they worked the deal out through CMLL, who is not interested in giving him up.
WWE is upset that Mistico never let him know he had a valid contract until [John] Laurinatis made him the offer at the end of this past week.
You’ll have to buy the newsletter to find out the three people who told management to sign him immediately (before they found out they couldn’t.)
When Shocker jumped to AAA in April of 2005, CMLL told people they were going to start signing their core talent to binding contracts. CMLL had been using wrestlers under weaker agreements, something little more than a verbal deal with promises of dates per month and payouts. For guys lower on the card, that may still be true, and it’s surely the case with the top independent talent, but your Ultimo Guerreros, Black Warriors, Dos Caras Juniors and most definitely your Misticos are under some sort of contract. The news isn’t that people are under contract, the surprise is WWE was caught unaware about Mistico and didn’t ask right away. (Maybe they did and got shifting answers?)
One of three things are going on here
The CMLL contracts are actually binding: congratulations! To believe this, you’ve also got to believe the Stones and even Zumbido were not under contract and Porky either wasn’t, or his ran out at just the right time to be a special surprise, and just at the same time Bucanero’s contract was running out.
they’ve only signed a few top guys to binding contracts: That would make sense, but if WWE still wants a high flying Mexican star, that’d leave quite a few people equally available.
WWE’s not going to break another companies’ contract: I think this is the most likely, actually. WWE’s raided guys in the past, but have shyed away from that in recent years – maybe because there hasn’t been a guy they haven’t wanted bad enough, or maybe just because there haven’t been big competing US companies to pull people from. They probably could’ve tried fighting it here, but did not.
Whatever the case, Mistico’s not going anywhere. And none of htis explains why there’s no Mistico/Perro match this month.
CMLL (SAT) 03/03 Arena Xochimilco [Gladiatores]
1) Pulsar & Punos de Acero b Epidemia & Rey Serpiente
2) Black Cyborg, Black Dragon, Black Thunder b Brazo Jr., Rey Mariscal, Super Brazo
3) Hiroka & Mima Shimoda b India Sioux & Luna Magica
4) Astro Boy, Mano Negra Jr., MÃ¡ximo b Ephesto, Morgue, Skandalo
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Groon XXX, Super Brazo b Black Warrior, MÃ¡scara AÃ±o 2000, Universo 2000
CMLL (SUN) 03/04 Arena Neza [Gladiatores]
1) Black Danger & Black Heart b Incapaz & Tormenta II
2) Danger & Tormenta I b Black Killer & Brazo 2000
3) Chac Mool, Rayo Tapatio I, Rey Tapatio II b Caligula, Gringo Loco (Chicago), Mesala
4) Satanico, Tony Rivera, Volador Jr. b Marco Corelone, Mephisto, Ramstein
5) Mistico DQ Black Warrior
Tormenta I replaced Astro Boy, who was hurt early in his match. Marco couldn’t get along with the King Of Neza and Mephisto.
AULL (FRI) 03/02 Arena Lopez Mateos [Gladiatores]
1) Kid Tiger & Sol de Oriente b Puma King & Sombra Escarlata
2) Epidermia & Heavy Boy b Dr. Psiquiatra & Gringo Loco (Chicago) [AULL TAG, 2nd, torneo]
3) Cerebro Negro & Fantasma de la Ã“pera b Rambo Jr. & Supremo Jr. [AULL TAG, 2nd, torneo]
4) Sepulturero I & Sepulturero II b Astro Boy & Robin Maravilla [AULL TAG, 2nd, torneo]
5) Rocky Santana, Super Muneco, Villano III b Coco Rojo, SatÃ¡nico, Shamu
6) Dos Caras Jr., Ultimo Gladiador, Volador Jr. b Rey Krymen, Sadico, Terrible
CMLL (MON) 03/05 Mercado Morelos [gladiatores]
1) Hanaoha & Kameta b Masusake & Okada
2) BRacito de Oro, M-1, Mini Olimpico b Mano Negra Jr., Sombrita, Tritoncito
3) Medusa & Sahori b Corintia & La Nazi
4) Black Man & Danger b Demon I & Macabro
5) Dos Caras, Hijo de Fantasma, Solar I b Mano Negra, Negro Navarro, Pierroth Jr.
CMLL (SAT) 03/03 Plaza De Toros El Cortijo [gladiatores]
1) Arcano & Principe Odin b Kai & Yamato
2) Black Man Jr., Fabian el Gitano, Sombra de Plata b Bacteria, La Flecha, Mesala
3) ?, Arkangel, Dr. X b Skayde, Stuka Jr., Suicida
4) Rey Lobo b Cerebro Negro
5) ?, Alex Koslov, Rey Bucanero b Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila, Perro Aguayo Jr.
Lobo and Cerebro had a bloody battle, and will meet again on 03/17 in a mask/hair match.
No Coliseo DF results yet, nor AAA. I may update later on.
indy (THU) 03/15 Arena Olimpico Laguna de Gomez Palacio [el siglo de torren]
1) Espacial & Tiger Chong vs Fuego & Mini Star
2) Dorado Jr. & Lobo del Aire vs Semental & Venum
3) Hijo del Soberano, Piloto Suicia, Sexy Piscis vs Espanto V, Mr. Guerrero, Piloto Negro
4) Hijo de Anibal & Hijo del Santo vs Blue Demon Jr. & Fishman Jr.
Konnan announced on AAA TV that Ricky Banderas would be back soon (possibly as the mystery Rey de Reyes guy.)
indy (SUN) 03/11 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [rfc]
1) Aramgeddon & Black Nazi b Angel Negro & Rey Apostol
2) Burrito, Lady Regia, Mini Burrito b Hollywood, La Bandida, Tequilita
3) Huracan Ramirez Jr., Silver Star, Sky b Ejecutor, El Mortal (USA), Vudu
4) Difuno I & Difunto II b Androide & Rey Sagitario [FILL TAG]
5) Hijo del Espanto II, Pancho Tequila, Potro Jr. b Black Dragon, Casanova, Golden Boy
6) el Hijo Del Anibal & El Hijo del Solitario b Axxel & Konnan Big [ri, losers advance]
7) Axxel b Konnan Big [FILL MIDDLE]
Shocking, I know.
indy (TUE) 03/13 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Alondra vs Angel Negro
2) Hollywood vs Black Nazi
3) Golden Boy vs Ejecutor
4) Al Barone vs Huracan Ramirez
5) Hijo de Anibal & Konan Big vs Hijo del Solitario & Pancho Tequila
Lots of articles about Shadow over the weekend as well – jornada has one.
Fray Tormenta received a tribute in LA this weekend – I think this was the non-FMLL show.
Tijuana referee Angel Reyes retired on last Thursday’s show. He’s been a referee for over 25 years. He was awarded a plaque for distinguished work by the commission.
Arenas de Chicago lists shows this week with Blue Demon Jr., LA Park, Electroshock, and Hijo de Cien Caras. There’s the normal Sunday show at Congress Theater, but they also list a show in Round Lake on Tuesday.
That’s all I got about that show – Dave Meltzer posted an street address last week, but that isn’t a street in Round Lake. I’m far more likely to go the Tuesday show if I go to either one, but obviously it’s gonna be a tough one if I don’t know where (or when) it is.
I sent an e-mail to the promotion, so I’ll update this if I get any info.
The website also lists a 04/08 show, presumbably at Congress.
So it’s late, I can’t sleep, and I’m taking care of busywork now that I’d normally wait to do out a more sensible hour, when I see this
(via The Gladiatores, who are superb)
Apparently, last Sunday’s Neza show had the Tapatitos teaming up with Chac Mool and the Romans teaming up with Chicago’s Gringo Loco. This is possibly the awesomest thing ever.
I do recall being told, a while back, he was going to go to Mexico and get in with CMLL, but that costs nothing to say and a lot more to do. He gets my total respect for trying it, and, even if it was just the one match*, I’m proud to see a local get that one match.
Remind me to put up the Chicago Wrestling stuff in the morning – there’s a show Tuesday I’d like to go to, but have no idea where it is.
* – I have no clue. Someone could e-mail me and clue me in?
Update: Maybe make that twice. The recap says Gringo Loco teamed with Psicopata, but I only see pictures of his normal tag partner/psychiatrist. Did the AULL Tag Tournament matches air on TV this weekend?