CMLL (FRI) 12/12 Arena Neza [the gladiatores]
1) Gatubelo & Maullido b Magic Man & Templario
2) Mr. Katana & Skayde Jr. b Diablo & Tarasco
3) Turbo vs Black Thunder, Destello, Soldado del Futuro, Hermano Muerte II, Vampiro Metálico, Carta Brava Jr., Black Lancer [cibernetico, copa Neza]
4) Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V DQ Blue Panther, Destello, Misterioso II
Ultimo Guerrero was supposed to be in the main event, but apparently was running late from Arena Mexico. They instead had Destello work in his place for the first two falls. UG showed up in time for the third fall. Panther pulled V5’s mask for the DQ. Funny they’re still running the Villanos/Laguneros bit here. The turnout looks really bad in the pictures; maybe 100?
DRAGON GYM (SUN) 12/14 Arena Coliseo [The Gladiatores]
1) Negro Navarro & Tatsuya b Masada & Nosawa
2) Marcela & Pequeno Ninja b Mima Shimoda & Pequeño Damian
3) Satoshi Kajiwara b Adam Bridle, Ministro, Súper Camaleón, Trauma I, Trauma II, Disturbio, Miedo [Young Dragon Cup]
4) Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Platino, Valiente b Black Warrior, Loco Max, Shigeo Okumura
5) Ohara b Último Dragón [NWA IJH]
Ohara won clean, Surprising. Adam Bridle (runner up in the Young Dragon cibernetico) is a South African. Masada and Nosawa are everywhere. If I looked thru a window and saw Nosawa and Masada having a match in my backyard, I would not be surprised. Well, I’d be surprised to find out I had a backyard, but that’s neither here nor there.
Thinking about it now – is the Ultimo Dragon model what CMLL expected Perro to do before “they went into competition with us, so we had to pull our talent.” Was it supposed to be seasonal special shows at odd times, or were they supposed to limit themselves to running on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday? Because I think if you’re running a regular lucha promotion, you’re going to want to run on Sundays, and you’d always be in competition with CMLL unless you reach a special agreement to run at an odd hour (like Dragon does.) I honestly have no idea.
PERRO (TUE) 12/16 Monuemental Monterrey [RFC]
1) Dralion, Furor, Voltaje Negro b Kaientai, Lord Byron, Nightmare
2) Luis Cirio, Manny Cirio, Tony Cirio b Black Thunder, Enfermero, X-Fly
3) Diana La Cazadora & Esther Moreno b Poly Star & Rossy Moreno
4) Damián 666 & Mr. Águila vs Juventud Guerrera & Super Crazy
5) Cibernetico & el Hijo del Perro Aguayo b Dr. Wagner Jr. & LA Park
6) el Hijo del Perro Aguayo DRAW Cibernetico
The main event was winners advance to a singles match, so they did in a way where no would have to feel bad about losing. Wagner and Park (not originally teammates) naturally turned on each other, and Perro and Cibernetico went to a draw. No attendance guess here, but the reviews on RFC’s board are positive. Cibernetico was not as over with this crowd.
CMLL (TUE) 12/16 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [MT]
0) Katana b Dragon
1) Quazar b Milenio
2) Ebola b Carlo Roggi
3) Asesino Negro b Thunder Boy
4) Máscara Mágica DCO Magnum
5) Mr. Trueno b Metatron
6) Malefico & Satánico b El Gallo & Leon Blanco
7) La Sombra, Marco Corelone, Toscano b Heavy Metal, Terrible, Texano Jr.
Marco pinned Terrible clean. Satanico got Gallo after pulling his mask. Gallo demanded a singles match right away to gain revenge, but Satanico told him to prepare for a week and he’ll get his match.
Weirdness: The Gladiatores recap of the last Congress Theatre show has photos of the wrestlers mentioned, but in a building that’s definitely not the Congress Theatre. Unless they put in an indoor soccer field since I’ve been there.
Hablando de Catch looks at the office of the DF Commissioner. The actual office itself, filled with masks.
Sangre Azteca talks about his title defense against Dragon Rojo Jr. and resolves to be the #1 star of CMLL in 2009.
(SuperLuchas) CMLL will start airing again in Argentina this Saturday. Hopefully this is the start of CMLL getting more aggressive in South America, but perhaps it’s more a Fox Sports thing. If they’re just taking the CMLL FSE show and airing a half hour of it, it’s odd week to do it – it’d probably be the blow off to the Arena Coliseo Tag Title feud, except it’s not really a blowoff it’s the first match that airs.
The Gladiatores talks to Chabelo, the leader of the fan section who Dr. Wagner confronted, which led to his suspension. Actually, it was throwing the chair at Chabelo but hitting a kid that probably got Wagner suspended, so I’m holding out for an interview with the kid.
Kcidis draws Tiger Colombiano and Pierroth
The annual Tijuana box, lucha, and MMA commision nominations have been announced. They seem to be the only ones who do it, or at least get the nominations to the press. The nominations look much like they always do
Best Wrestler: Damian 666, Nicho, Rey Misterio Sr., Hijo de Rey Misterio, Extrem Tiger
Rudo: Principe Arandu, TJ Boy, Pandillero II
Tecnico: Camaleon de Oro, Celestial, Rubi Gardenia
Rudo de Periferia (midcard?): Tony Casanova, Zarco, Maquiavelico
Tecnico de Periferia: Zeus, Dragon Chino, Kendo Jr.
Rookie: Dragon Chino, Zarco, Tony Casanova
Referee: Ruben ‘Murcielago’ Hurtado, Miguel ‘Pensamiento Negro’ Alvarez, Nestro ‘Relampago’ Alvarez
Match of the Year:
– Black Spider & Extassis vs Silver Star & Halcon Tapaito
– Celestial, Kendo Jr., Silver Star vs Star Boy, Halcon Tapatio, Mistero Maldito
– Pandillero I, Pandillero II, Mortiz vs Principe Arandu, TJ Boy, Inferno
Match de Periferia
– Pandillero I, Pandillero II, Wama vs Rubi Gardenia, Black Spider, Star Boy
– Kendo Jr., Black Spider vs Angel Negro Jr., Mazambula
– Black Spider, Star Boy, Extasis vs Silver Star, Mister Maldito, Animaniac
Tag Teams/Trios: Los Brujos, Los Border Patrol, Los Locos del Ring
Promotions: Baja Star, M3, AAA
CMLL (SUN) 12/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Atenea vs Silueta
2) Idolo & Palacio Negro vs Depredador (GDL) & Exterminador
3) Infierno & Rafaga vs Metal Blanco & Nube Roja
4) Casanova, Gallo, Neutrón vs Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno, Satánico
5) Dos Caras Jr., La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Averno, Felino, Negro Casas
6) Místico vs Mr. Niebla
This is coming off last Sunday’s show – they used the high profile Mistico appearance to set up another match, which seems oddly tougher for CMLL to remember to do in Mexico City. This is also a discounted ticket show.
CMLL (MON) 12/22 Arena Puebla
1) Blue Center, Lestat, SWAT vs Aguila Guerrera, Karisma, Mr. Rafaga
2) Black Tiger, Tigre Rojo, Tony Rivera vs Espiritu Maligno, Loco Max, Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Máximo, Mictlán, Valiente vs Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
4) Black Warrior, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero vs La Máscara, Mascara Dorada, Volador Jr.
5) Último Guerrero vs Dos Caras Jr. [CMLL HEAVY]
And so, we have the obvious poll for Monday (or maybe before, don’t have much else going on.) If you believe Dos is leaving CMLL at the end of the year, and if you believe CMLL would move the heavyweight title onto someone else, then this sure looks like a strong title change possibility.
However, I’m not sure I believe either of those things. CMLL doesn’t really care about this title; it hasn’t been defended in Arena Mexico since 1999. If they did care about this title, it’d be on someone more integral than Dos. I’ve stopped believing Dos is actually going anywhere (or that WWE’s talked to him about in a great while) and won’t believe unless I see something on WWE’s site to confirm it. There’s just been too much talk for the sake of talking. If there was going to be a switch, UG doesn’t make sense (don’t give him a title Mistico can’t challenge for); they’d just do the program with Niebla. I could be wrong, and I hope I’m wrong because Ultimo Guerrero winning titles is always a great thing.
CMLL (TUE) 12/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Impostor vs Carlo Roggi
2) Plata vs Ebola
3) Samurai vs Quazar
4) Virgo vs Depredador (GDL)
5) Magnum & Metatron vs Malefico & Mr. Trueno
6) Gallo vs Satánico
7) Máximo, Sagrado, Shocker vs Black Warrior, Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero
Gallo was discussed on the Box Y Lucha board as a local talent that’s been pushed hard here, but has never really developed into a good worker. I wonder if this feud with Satanico is a way of the new trainer taking matters into his own hands.