Teleformula doesn’t have the GDL show up. We probably could use someone who knows how to record streaming flash video to try and record that show directly from the Guadalajara station. Ras de Lona is not up yet.
CMLL (SUN) 09/05 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Astro Boy, Metálico, Starman b Bronco, Disturbio, Escorpion
2) La Comandante, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei b Dalys la Caribeña, Luna Mágica, Marcela
3) El Alebrije, Histeria, Psicosis b Hijo del Fantasma, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada
4) Blue Panther, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Rotoporky DQ Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
5) Místico b Volador Jr.
Tirantes was referee for the main event, and helped Volador take fall one. Mistico took fall 2. Volador has Mistico in La Mistica in fall three, but Mistico got the ropes, then gave Volador La Mistica for the win. This has originally been a title match, and they quietly dropped the stipulation when CMLL made Sombra/Volador for the same title in Puebla this past Monday. Volador & Mistico agreed to the title match again after this one, and then pulled off each other’s masks.
DQ was for Niebla fouling Porky.
Tirantes also helped the rudos in the tercera. The Parrot showed up during this match and fought with Cuije a bit.
IWRG (SUN) 09/05 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Guerrero 2000 b Imperial
2) Carta Brava Jr. & Epidemia b Dinamic Black & Super Halcon Jr.
3) Comando Negro, Magia Negra, Nemesis b Eragon, Freelance, Jack
4) Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Marshal b Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Suicida
5) Billy Boy, El Elegido, Escoria, Extreme Tiger, Último Gladiador b Chico Che, El Hijo de Aníbal, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Oficial 911
Elegido led his team to victory. Anibal and Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. couldn’t get along, and Anibal turned on Mascara turned to give Elegido the win.
Suicida replaced Black Terry and could not get along with his teammates.
Comando Negro replaced Mr. Power and could get along. I think it’s easier to get along in the tercera.
Estrellas del Ring talks to Damian 666 (hypes the next Perro show and says there’s no decline in Mexican wrestling) and Sexi Star. From the same show, SuperLuchas has video bits with Sexi Star and Konnan.
Psicosis feels like he proved all the people who thought he’d lose his mask because of legal issues wrong. He hopes to stay in the limelight and plans to go after Mistico & Ultimo Guerrero.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/05 Palenque de la Feria, Pachuca, Hidalgo [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, AAA]
1) Pesadilla & Sairus b Konami & Mascara Oriental
2) Mascarita Sagrada 2007, Mini Charly Manson, Octagoncito b Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Histeria, Mini Psicosis
3) Mari Apache b Sexy Star [Reina De Reinas]
4) Chris Stone, Decnnis, Tigre Cota b Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Súper Fly
5) Damián 666, Electroshock, Halloween b Heavy Metal, Joe Lider, Nicho el Millionario [street]
6) el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hernandez, Zorro b Cibernético, El Mesías, La Parka Jr.
Full house, but small arena (~2,500) Edit: Dorian says they drew 5,132.
Opener was a dark match. Sairus & Oriental are Arena Aficion regulars.
Octagoncito got Abismo Negro.
Despite Tirantes and Jennifer Blake both helping Sexy Star, Mari Apache still squashed her with a top rope senton con giro for the win. AAA’s recap makes it sound like the feud is over and the next challenger won’t be Sexi Star.
Militia finally got new military outfits. As usual, new gear = win. Decnnis offered a spot in the Milita to the Air Force, but Laredo Kid said no on behalf of the team. We really could use a Super Fly reaction to this, but there’s no mention of it in the recaps.
Before the semimain, Konnan again asked Electroshock to join the Legion. Electro said Konnan did live up to his promises last time Electro was in the Legion. Electro was about to give his answer when Heavy Metal’s music cut him off. Match was a chair smashing, table breaking bloody match. Electroshock smashed a guitar on Metal’s head and powerbombed him for the win. Konnan and the Militia ran out after the match (banned during the match?), 187 ran off, and everyone beat up Heavy Metal. Sucks to be Heavy Metal. Konnan asked Electro again, and Electro asked for one more week (which is more like 9 days.) 187 yelled at Konnan from the crowd, and Metal was destroyed.
Perro Aguayo Jr. was a replacement for LA Park (who was scheduled for the Santo/Demon GDL show which got canceled anyway.) AAA hyped it as a surprise; they ought to pay more attention to their boss’ twitter.
Different results in different recaps for the main event. AAA says Parka accidentally hit Cibernetico, leading to Zorro picking up the pin. Estrellas del Ring (which I can tell was actually there) says Halloween & Damian ran in, hit Mesias with a chair, and Zorro got the pin. Super Crazy, masked for no particular reason, ran in to attack the tecnicos after the match.
Next taping is next Tuesday in Cuautitlan. No matches announced yet.
AAA results to come in the tomorrow. Nothing so important to not wait for the official recap.
IWL (SAT) 09/04 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, The Gladiatores]
1) Super Panda b Spider Boy
2) Daga b Eterno
3) Fantasma de la Ópera & Suicida b Freelance & Naruto
4) Charly Manson & Super Crazy b Robin Maravilla and Ragde and Pesadilla [IWL Contiental]
5) Bestia 666 & X-Fly b Aeroboy & Violento Jack
6) Lizzy Valentine b New York Knockout Nikki [IWL WOMEN, tournament]
7) Colt Cabana b Adam Pearce [IWL WORLD, tournament]
8) Canek b Gran Alebrije [IWL WORLD, tournament]
Because IWL is that kind of promotion, the five way ended in a draw when Super Crazy pinned himself and Charly Manson in a tapatia and the tercera sets up relevos suicidas next week. Neither Freelance & Suicida have lost their hair this year, so they’re due.
Depending on the review, Cabana/Pearce wasn’t good, or wasn’t good for this audience (which I guess is really same thing.) Favorable reviews for Canek/Alebrije , so it might be a different taste thing.
CMLL (SUN) 09/05 Arena Coliseo [@cmllmagazine]
1) Mortiz & Semental b Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Molotov, Tigre Blanco b Artillero, Puma King, Súper Comando
3) Raziel, Virus, Yoshihashi b Fabián el Gitano, Pegasso, Rey Cometa
4) Jushin Lyger, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero b Rush, Toscano, Valiente
5) Charly Manson, Mr. Águila, Olímpico b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Charly Manson beat Averno in the main event. It’s now a story point that Manson’s El Pozo is an inescapable leg submission. Manson wants a title match, Averno wants a hair vs mask match. CMLL put up a card for next week, which doesn’t include any singles match with them, but there are matches which look like they’re obviously going to be pulled.
Lyger took the spot originally listed as Atlantis. I love Valiente, like anyone who has a heart, but the tecnico team winning the semimain would’ve been a travesty. Instead, UG killed Rush repeatedly. (Hooray for his hair win.)
Yoshihashi gets a win!
As suspected, no Tony Rivera in the second match. Maybe CMLL didn’t know he quit and was giving anti-CMLL interviews in magazines and just booked him like normal? Guerrero Maya took his spot, and I’m looking forward to that match airing on 52MX.
Olimpico says he’s not sad about losing, because at least he got to lose in Arena Mexico, and this is the price for leaving eighteen months ago. Olimpico feels he lost to a great luchador, and is going to take a few days to figure out what’s next.
There was a fashion show/lucha show at Arena Mexico Saturday. Sounds like the matches were Mascara/Fantasma/Angel de Oro vs Averno/Ephesto/Arkangel, and Mistico/Sombra/Mascara Sagrada vs Atlantis/Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero (which is a better main event then shows CMLL runs themselves.)
Pedro Nieves, who helped trained Villano I, Villano III, El Halcon, and Hijo del Gladiator among others, passed away Saturday.
CMLL (TUE) 09/07 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Thunder Boy vs Titanio
2) Black Metal & El Divino vs Ángel del Mal & In Memoriam
3) Hierro & Magnum vs Drago & Ráfaga
4) Hijo del Fantasma & Rush vs Ephesto & Vangelis
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Shocker vs Charly Manson, Olímpico, Psicosis
Olimpico’s first unmasked appearance in GDL.
IWRG (THU) 09/09 Arena Naucalpan
1) Super Halcon Jr. vs Alan Extreme
2) Brazo Metalico & Dinamic Black vs ? & Comando Negro
3) Eragon, Freelance, Hijo del Pantera vs Avisman, Bombero Infernal, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Marshal vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
5) Dr. Cerebro, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan vs Decnnis, El Mesías, Último Gladiador
First time Mesias has been here since they’ve started the AAA/IWRG matches. When Parka and Wagner have been here, they’ve been on the tecnico side, even if it meant being against AAA wrestlers. Surprising they’re not doing the same with Mesias, but it helps that it’s the Morgans.
CMLL (SUN) 09/12 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala, Robin, Trueno vs Camorra, Cholo, Semental
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Estrella Mágica, Star Fire vs La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Yeska
3) Astral, Eléctrico, Pequeño Olímpico vs Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito
4) Fuego, Sagrado, Valiente vs Pólvora, Virus, Yoshihashi
5) Místico, Shocker, Strong Man vs Terrible, Texano Jr., Volador Jr.
Star Fire hasn’t been in CMLL for a while, Estrella Magica seems to have vanished, Yeska and Seductora aren’t around much, so that second match is probably getting pulled when they reshuffle the card. CMLL doesn’t have trios openers unless they have a special match up top.
IWRG (SUN) 09/12 Arena Naucalpan
1) Máscara Magnífica vs Epidemia
2) Dinamic Black & Eragon vs Magia Negra & Nemesis
3) Freelance, Hijo del Pantera, Miss Gaviota vs ?, Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro
4) Bobby Lee Jr., Cerebro Negro, Mike Segura vs Avisman, Bombero Infernal, El Hijo del Diablo
5) Alan Stone, Chris Stone, Hernandez vs Chico Che, Dr. Cerebro, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Hernandez vs Chico Che, truly a dream match. Wonder where Gringo Loco is this week.
CMLL (SUN) 09/12 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino vs Metalik
2) Angelo & Samurai vs In Memoriam & Infierno
3) Leo & Neutrón vs Ebola & Mr. Trueno
4) Gallo, Metro, Rush vs Ephesto, Felino, Vangelis
5) Brazo de Plata, Máscara Dorada, Toscano vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
Hey, look, Vangelis is the semimain. In other news, there’s no one running against CMLL this Sunday.
No card yet (obviously), but it sounds like CMLL’s running Mistico & Mascara Dorada vs Mr. Aguila & Charly Manson for the tag team titles in Puebla next Monday.
They continued to play up Volador/Mistico strong, with Mistico diving in on Volador to start the match, fighting in the cage, and then fighting outside the cage after they both escaped. They teased going back into the cage, but the referees blocked them. There’s no re-entry in CMLL cage matches, apparently.
The El Hijo del Santo/Blue Demon Jr. charity show scheduled for Sunday in Guadalajara is now rescheduled for December 5. Sounds like ticket sales were very weak. Apolo Dantes was blaming the competition, both soccer and CMLL’s show. You’d think they’d know the soccer schedule in advance (though the national game was probably recently announced), and no one should be surprised by CMLL running a big show against other promotions whenever they come into their home areas. December 5 is another Sunday; unless it’s part of Guadalajara’s December lucha libre festival, CMLL will load up again.
El Hijo del Santo talks of touring Colombia and possibly bringing Todos x el Todos to Canada. (Europe seems out.) Santo accuses CMLL of denigrating lucha libre, and is particularly sad that Negro Casas is reduced to acting like a clown. Santo says he’s only returning to CMLL under his own conditions.
CMLL (FRI) 09/10 Arena Mexico
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Durango Kid & Puma King
2) Diamante, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Cancerbero, Demus 3:16, Raziel
3) Blue Panther & Máscara Dorada vs Hijo del Fantasma & Stuka Jr. and La Sombra & Místico and Sagrado & Toscano and Brazo de Plata & Máximo and Rayo de Jalisco Jr. & Valiente and Rush & Strong Man and La Máscara & Shocker [Torneo Bicentenario]
4) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero vs Charly Manson, Olímpico, Psicosis
Main event sets up Bucanero/Manson. Mistico/Sombra look like definite favorites here. (Which would make Niebla/Volador favorites on Tuesday.) This is Demus’ debut in the big leagues and teaming him with the Cancerbros and against those tenicos makes sense.
CMLL (FRI) 09/03 Arena Mexico [@cmllmagazine, Reforma Twitter, SuperLuchas] ***CMLL 77th Anniversario***
1) Dark Angel, Luna Mágica, Marcela b Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sujei
2) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Stuka Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Pólvora, Skándalo
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada b Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) Felino, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero b Charly Manson, Héctor Garza, Mr. Águila
5) Olímpico L Jushin Lyger, Último Guerrero, Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla, Histeria, Psicosis, Místico, La Sombra, El Alebrije, Volador Jr., Ephesto, Atlantis [cage, mask]
Order of elimination is a bit scrambled right now. SuperLuchas has it as
Psicosis – he and Olimpico betrayed each other and tried to leave at the same time, but refs ruled Psicosis got out first
After an 8 minute final, Sombra pinned Olimpico. Olimpico is Joel Bernal Galicia, 44. He said he was a 19 year pro; we have him turning 18 in a week or two – previously unrevealed gimmick? Roy Aguirre, Olimpico’s father, and Exodia, Olimpico’s son, helped him unmask. Exodia’s been retired due to injuries suffered in IWRG, but it’d be no surprise if he turned up in CMLL before long.
Sombra’s the wrestler of the year. I mean, we’ll have a vote and everything, but he won it with two major mask wins.
Everything went the tecnicos way tonight. Semimain was a straight fall win for the cheered Peste Negra. Excessive violence DQ in the first (on Bucanero) and Bucanero pinned Charly in the second. That appears to set up a straight singles hair match between Rey Bucanero and Charly Manson, an AAA match of a parallel reality. Mr. Aguila was also challenged to a hair match, but refused, saying his hair was a work of art. (Probably Aguila/Garza vs Negro/Felino for the tag titles coming soon.) Negro Casas feuded with Tirantes in this match and chased him out of the ring after. If only Negro knew a tecnico referee who could even the odds!
Mascara Dorada did a wacky dive. Dark Angel pinned Amapola in the opener, which may or may not lead anywhere.
Looks like a full house. And a lot of people in the chat.
the big news of the day: after five years, you can buy Perro del Mal shirts from Los Perros. It’s not an actual webstore, you have to email them your credit card info, but any amount of progress is significant amount of progress around these parts.
Sombra says he thought it was going to be him and Mistico vs the Invasors, but then realized Mistico is always dangerous, so he has no partners. Sombra says he’s NOT gunning for Volador’s mask; he has no hard feelings and thinks Volador will make a good rudo.
IWRG (THU) 09/02 Arena Naucalpan [@gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Tonatiuh b Volaris
2) Dinamic Black & Jack b Imposible & Nemesis
3) Eragon, Freelance, Hijo del Pantera b Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Magia Negra
4) Fabi Apache, Mascarita Sagrada 2007, Pasion Kristal b Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star, Yuriko
5) Bombero Infernal, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan DQ Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, La Parka Jr., Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Pirata Morgan and La Parka fouled each other at the same. Referee gave the match to Parka, much to Morgan’s annoyance.
Sexi Star pinned Fabi Apache to win the semimain, but Fabi visibly kicked out at 2. Hmmm.
CMLL.com is now saying the Copa Bicentario is a tag team tournament. This seemed It was originally announced clearly as a single rudo vs a single tecnico in the final, so plans have changed.
Yesterday’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter said Extreme Tiger & Jack Evans would be heading to Japan in October. Dorian Roldan confirms it’s for NOAH, who’s had a working agreement with AAA. They’ll be part of the juniors tag team tournament, which runs from 10/15 to 10/30. Jack is Jack, he’ll be fine as long as someone gets him his toast. There would’ve been a time where Extreme Tiger in NOAH would’ve be a LOLrific occasion, but I think he’ll survive okay now.
Lucha Libre USA finally put out a press release about the end of the first season. There’s nothing people who read these sorts of blogs don’t already know, but most people aren’t reading these sorts of blogs and are hearing about it for the first time. Still not even a hint of a return date, but if you’re looking for signs of survival, they do have a positive quote from an MTV2 official talking about growing the show. If they do eventually does end up turning out okay, they still executed a staggering ill thought out plan of how they handled ending the first season, which is consistent with other ways they’ve acted on a business side (see: every single venue they’ve run in.)
They still have one left over show before whatever happens next
MW (THU) 09/09 Whataburger Field, Corpus Christi, Texas
1) Mascarita Dorada & Octagoncito vs Pequeño Halloween & Torerito
2) Magno vs Súper Nova
3) Charly Malice vs Oriental
4) Azteko & Mini Park vs Chi Chi & Rosetta Park
5) Marco Corleone vs Lizmark Jr.
6) RJ Brewer vs Blue Demon Jr.
This is basically a house show lineup with the random addition of Blue Demon (maybe a local deal?) Marco and Lizmark would be the heavyweight final, if they were still doing the tournament. Rosetta Park is the Tigresa Caliente/Rhaka Khan replacement. Torerito is an obscure AAA mini from the late 90s; I thought it was Novillerito on the last taping. Maybe it is and he’s just using a different name here? Or maybe Torerito is actually someone else when he’s wearing a mask?
Perro Aguayo Jr. has a new column on MedioTiempo. He doesn’t care about the results in his feud with AAA and he doesn’t understand why Parka, Mesias and Cibernetico get along since they’ve feuded. Perro talks about some unnamed person who criticizes the Perros style, saying all styles are (equally) valid, but he’s a legit enough wrestler to have gone to the Pan American Games multiple times except his father wouldn’t let him. (????) Anyway, this guy – Perro’s refuses to name names, which is a weak way to go for a rebel – is old and can’t move so and Perro wouldn’t want to do his current style.
Alebrije says his weight and size will be a big advantage in the cage. He doesn’t want to go to the end, but if he does, he’d like to face Ultimo Guerrero or one of the Hijos de Averno.
Rayo de Jalisco talks about his feud with Atlantis (he says they went 40 minutes in their singles match, which probably converts to 15) to Fuego en el Ring. He’s headed to Japan soon, so he might be done for now after Sunday’s show in Guadalajara. His father has undergone surgery on his feet and knees in recent days.
Hey, now that we’re apparently halfway into yet another “Konnan & Dorian take over AAA” story, can someone explain to me what the difference between a Joaquin run AAA and a Dorian run AAA? Legion guys still get to do whatever they want under the tecnico reign, rudos didn’t have any special advantage last time Konnan was in charge.
Even Super Fly grimly laughs at his feud with Electroshock. I guess it’s great that we’re now acknowledging that was a major screw up, but it’d be nice if they actually got around to fixing it it (note: long teased rudo turn is not a fix.) By the way, as of Wednesday’s Figure Four Daily with Konnan, the new story we’re going with is they sincerely wanted to get Super Fly over in that feud, but Electroshock just kept going into business for himself by destroying Super Fly in matches. AAA punished Electroshock for this un-professionalism by making him Rey de Reyes and then giving him the World Title, and Electroshock learned from this by pulling the same bit with every other small guy he’s faced since. Anyway.
El Elegido, Laredo Kid, Relampago vs Alan Stone, Chris Stone, Decnnis: This was not what you’d call a good match, but they made me BELIEVE and that’s better than the great majority of Elegido related matches. Alan’s turn was melodramatic (though not so nearly as much as Decnnis in the bit with El Brazo), but they built up Elegido vs the Stones as strong as they’ve built up anything in recent memory. I still have no idea why they’re doing this and don’t believe they’ll trust Elegido enough to put him in a mask vs hair match of any stripe, but this has all been better than it read on paper.
Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario vs Damián 666 & Halloween: for a big epic match built up with out of the ring promos since the moment they started teasing the the Perros showing up here, this was a seven minute just okay match with unedited botched spots (and probably more that were). It was also completely overshadowed by the post match bit, as most tecnico wins on this show usually are.