CMLL (TUE) 11/13 Arena Mexico [cmll]
1) Calígula & Méssala b Super Camaleon & Super Tri
2) Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito b Pequeño Olímpico, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito
3) Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Nitro b Fabián el Gitano, Leono, Tony Rivera
4) Felino, La Máscara, La Sombra b Damián 666, Ohara, Terrible
5) Marco Corelone, Místico, Valiente b Black Warrior, Sangre Azteca, Último Guerrero
Two title feuds spinning out of this one, neither one we really expected. In the segunda, rudos took the match and Mini Damian requested a shot at Olimpicito’s Minis title (again.) Pequeno Olimpico agreed, so that appears to be only lacking a date.
In the semimain, the Perros and Ohara attempted to rip off Sombra’s mask in the third fall, but he managed to sneak in a small package on Ohara for the win. Sombra wants a shot at Ohara’s title (I’ll give you this space to see if you can remember which one that’d be….), the NWA World Welterweight Championship. The results make no mention of Ohara agreeing to the title match, so they may still be building on that. Ohara’s defended that belt in Japan (unsuccessfully – but he got it back!), in Canada, on AULL shows and on Toryumon Mexico shows, but if he defended it on a Tuesday show in the next few weeks, it’d be the first time since 1995 this title was fought for on a CMLL promoted show.
No lineup for next week yet. Pictures aren’t up as I typed this.
CMLL (MON) 11/12 Arena Puebla [hugo999]
1) Furia Chicana, Kraken, Mr. Rafaga b Centella de Oro, Lestat, SWAT
2) Dark Angel, Lady Apache, Princesa Blanca b Hiroka, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Sujei
3) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Felino, La Sombra, Sagrado
4) Atlantis, Olímpico, Siki Osama Jr. b Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Rey Bucanero
5) Último Guerrero b Shocker
Shocker got busted open in the first fall, rallied back to win the second, and went to the well too many times in the third fall. UG beat him clean. Siki Osama Jr. replaced Toscano in the semimain.
Ovaciones has four articles!
– Gitanito vs Mini Olimpico hype
– Zorro is added to the AAA title match at Guerra de Titanes (as we knew two weeks ago)
– Hijo del Santo will face not Gran Hamada, but a student of Gran Hamada’s: “Kamuy”. I’m guessing that’s not spelled correct. The title match is “this afternoon”, though I don’t know if that’s before or after you adjust for Manilla time. Both Ovaciones and ESTO‘s stories mention the title is honorary. To me, that means they’re just giving him a belt he can do whatever he wants with, but will carry the WBC (or maybe CMB) name. Also, Santo was given a medal for being Santo.
– LA Park, Hector Garza, and Los Villanos will work the 11/30 CMLL show. Ovaciones is under the impression Park’s still going to work the Santo show.
Arturo Rivera’s column has also turned up. Mini Charly Manson apparently teased a tecnico turn in the minis match. Arturo thought Cibernetico/Zorro wasn’t much good. Metal Boy was in the local dark match and hurt his neck.
Can anyone make sense of the CMLL Guadalajara lineup for this Sunday? They appear to be running a tag team tournament, but they have 4.5 teams listed and Sagrado nonsensically teaming with Mascara Ano 2000. And while that’s appears to be the start of a yearly tournament to honor Diablo Velasco, they’re running another completely pointless tournament on next Tuesday.
Mistico is defending a world title versus Averno next Thursday. Which one?