box. Not too much in the way of Christmas schedule changes, though the two ‘main’ shows head into virtual reruns.
AAA-US: part of one of Guerra de Titanes, with Zorro vs Dr. Wagner, Super Fly with the rudos, and the TLC match. Saturday afternoon’s airing is one hour later, but the other two are at their normal times.
52MX: probably just Block A of the tag team tournament, with the GDL debuts.
LATV: a rerun!
TeleFormula: Sombra vs Dragon Rojo
CMLL: listed as just one hour. Best of 2010 announced, but no specifics.
AAA: start of the year in review, up to Rey de Reyes. Nothing new on this show for a while to come.
CMLL-FOX: women’s match + the doom of Shocker
C3: Invasrs vs Fantasma/Mascara/Dorada
Mega6GDL: bonus match is Angels vs Tuareg, not exactly a unique match.
Puebla: tag title match! Hard to believe trivia: In replacing Shocker, Valiente got his first shot at any ‘CMLL’ branded title. He’d never gotten a title match for any of the others.
ACM: a match. I think RJ says he was doing a match with CMLL wrestlers, so maybe the trios main event with Dorada and Dragon Rojo.
Perros: this past week was the last of the Arena Aficion matches (opener never aired), so maybe stuff from Merida?
IWRG: Mascaras wins, DTU/Cerebros draws.
CMLL-TFN: jumped ahead a week somewhere in here, so this is the week with Porky/Dorada/Mistico vs Mephisto/Terrible/Texano
CMLL (TUE) 12/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Angelo b Templario
2) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Neutrón & Palacio Negro
3) Ángel Azteca, Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata DQ Hooligan, Loco Max, Skándalo
4) Felino, Héctor Garza, Negro Casas b Blue Panther, Delta, Máximo
5) Místico b Mephisto
Crowd was way pro-Mephisto. Mistico & Mephisto split the first two falls. Both had their shoulders down at the same time in the third. Fans were not happy, so they did a fourth with Mistico getting La Mistica. Mistico challenged Mephisto to a NWA Welterweight Title match, but Mephisto refused.
Tuareg ripped Angels masks off for the DQ. Angels wanted a rematch.
Hijo del Tirantes and another man were arrested Wednesday for beating up a 19 year old in a bar fight.
ESTO profiles Palacio Negro & Metal Blanco. I hope CMLL one day pays them enough that they each can have their own newspaper. Anyway, Palacio Negro explains his name comes from infamous Mexican prison “Palacio de Lecumberri”, which is a odd choice for a tecnico. In another interview with Fuego en el Ring, Metal Blanco says he was bewildered by fans throwing in money after their win, but very appreciative of those fans.
Universal interviews Guerrero Maya Jr. about his path to wrestling. His parents wanted him to study business administration, which he plans on doing at some point.
Black Terry Jr. has part 1 and part 2 of the AAA vs IWRG trainee cibernetico.
Ex-WWE announcer (and currently with ROH) Kevin Kelly says he did announcing for Lucha Libre USA.
CMLL (TUE) 12/28 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metalik vs Titanio
2) Idolo & Metatrón vs Drago & Infierno
3) Dalys la Caribeña, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
4) Ángel Azteca, Ángel de Oro, Ángel de Plata vs Hooligan, Loco Max, Skándalo
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
Trios champs vs Invasors.
CMLL (TUE) 12/28 Arena Mexico
1) Freesbe & Robin vs Disturbio & Mortiz
2) Enrique Vera Jr., Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro vs Hijo del Signo, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Diamante, Metro, Sagrado vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Cancerbero, Demus 3:16
4) Máximo, Rush, Valiente vs Pólvora, Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura
5) La Máscara, Rotoporky, Toscano vs Héctor Garza, Terrible, Texano
Vera & Signo make their debuts during the week where a lot of regulars are back home on vacation.
La Mascara is probably on Shocker replacement duty here and will be replaced by someone else when they realize they’ve got him double booked.
It’s not a specific event, but the general story is AAA shut down the last two weeks (today’s Christmas party beside) and CMLL kept running shows, and even shows with significant events. Or maybe that should be “CMLL *had* to keep running shows.”
Perros del Mal held their second anniversary show, with the Psycho Circus losing to the Perros again, and X-Fly winning another title.
LA Park wore his half brother’s mask, and wrestled as Hijo de Cien Caras on a tribute show for the slain wrestler.
Dragon Rojo & Averno were the surprise finalists in the Copa Jr.
Shocker surprisingly won the NWA Light Heavyweight title from Texano, but suffered a major knee injury a few days later.
Palacio Negro & Metal Blanco made their debuts by winning a block in the Mexican Trios tournament
DTU held it’s 3rd anniversary show
Mascara Ano 2000 took Pirata Morgan’s hair.
Comando Negro took Chico Che’s hair.
Dragon Rojo & Ultimo Guerrero defended the tag team titles belts a couple of times.
Mistico was announced for the CMLL/NJPW shows. CMLL’s main match for the Tokyo Dome show is Sombra/Dorada vs Lyger/Garza.
CMLL (TUE) 12/21 Arena Mexico [Cesar, CMLL]
1) Apocalipsis & Disturbio b Astro Boy & Metatrón
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Lluvia, Marcela DQ La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
3) Arkángel de la Muerte, Demus 3:16, Virus b Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., Sensei
4) Metro, Rush, Toscano b Pólvora, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
5) El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis b Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada
Invasors won the first fall, lost the second by DQ when Psicosis ripped off La Mascara’s mask, and won the third when Psicosis got away with a foul on La Mascara. Issues!
Women’s match had a couple subs (Lluvia & Marcela for Star Fire & Luna Magica) and only went two falls. Not sure if it was an excessive violence DQ or if Comadnate was DQed for shoving Tiger Hispano just as he was going to make that call, but it’s the same result. Dalys had a remarkable poor plancha off the apron in this match.
IWRG (TUE) 12/21 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Mi Lucha Libre, Mi Lucha Libre (2)]
1) Mascarita de Oro & Volaris b Galeno King & Halcon 2000
2) Flama Infernal, Sky Angel, Zafiro b Guizmo, Serpiente Dorada, Soldado de la Muerte
3) Dragon Fly, Hammer, Tonatiuh b Fresero Jr., Fulgor I, Fulgor II
4) Dinamic Black b Alan Extreme, Centurión, Comando Negro, Eterno, Guerrero 2000, Keshin Black, Super Black, Angel Negro Jr., Boazz, Golden Bull, Maligno, Principe Zarak I, Principe Zarak II, Rayden, Rayito Mendoza [Copa High Power]
5) Black Terry b Gallego [hair]
Trainee show, though they didn’t call it one this time. Gallego busted Black Terry open in the first fall and took it, but legend of Arena Naucalpan took the second and third fall to defeat the AAA representative.
Gallego and Black Terry both helped their students in the AAA vs IWRG cibernetico. Dinamic Black defeated Boazz to win it.
Shocker and Stuka are announced to challenge for the CMLL tag team titles on New Years Day in La Laguna, but obviously that’ll be changed. Angel de Oro and Angel de Plata are on the card, perhaps one of them will get the shot. The CMLL guys going back to La Laguna are already running a triple shot on Christmas Day.
PdM (SUN) 12/19 Poliforum Zamna, Merida [Cuadrilatero Pennisular (1), Cuadrilatero Pennisular (2), KrisZ]
1) Lobo Salvaje & Super Piloto DQ Raksha & Yedra
2) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Bestia 666, Super Crazy, X-Fly
3) Damián 666, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween b Blue Demon Jr., Kevin Thorn, Octagón
Perro snuck in a foul on Demon. Not a big turnout for this show.
Toryumon (FRI) 12/17 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca [The Gladiatores]
1) Cosmotron b Dr. Trauma
2) Daga b Eterno
3) Angelico & Trauma I b Astro Boy II, Daisuke Hanaoka, Demus 3:16, Histeria Jr., Robin (CMLL), Ulises Jr. [Young Dragons Cup, cibernetico]
4) Negro Navarro & Trauma II b Hijo del Solar & Solar I
5) Angelico b Trauma I [Young Dragons Cup]
6) Ultimo Dragon & Hijo del Fantasma b Atlantis & Último Guerrero
Date was off by a week. Angelico returned to win the Young Dragon’s Cup. Ulises Jr. has totally new, unrecognizable dark gear. Maybe he turned rudo? As usual, Black Tiger ran after the main event and tusseled with Ultimo Dragon.
I have 8 Daga vs Eterno matches this year, which seems low. Not sure Eterno has ever won. That match up is the indy equivalent to backcrackers in it’s 2010 ubiquity.
CMLL (MON) 12/20 Arena Puebla [Cinco Radio]
1) Máscara Dorada, Super Porky, Toscano b Atlantis, Averno, Rey Bucanero
2) Dragón Rojo Jr. & Último Guerrero b La Máscara & Valiente [CMLL TAG]
Valiente and Mascara took the first with signature finishers, but the champions rallied back to win the second and the third with the Guerrero Special and the Dragon Bomb. Ultimo Guerrero said it was tough, because Valiente is a great flyer and wrestler especially as a surprise, but his and Dragon are professionals and got the win. This team stands a better shot at breaking that all time defense record if they’re going to defend every 2-3 weeks.
Shocker will be out 12-16 weeks, following knee surgery Monday morning. The Puebla recap mentions Shocker got caught in the ropes on a dive in Sunday’s match, which caused the injury and the match falling apart. Hijo del Fantasma replaces him tonight.
I could’ve sworn Perros del Mal advertised the Arena Aficion show as their anniversary show, but today they’re saying they’re planning on an anniversary show in January in Sala de Armas de Magadalena. In the article, Perro Aguayo Jr. says they might bring in MVP, Matt Hardy, Booker T, Charlie Haas, Carlito or various ex-WWE women. Perro Aguayo also says they’re planning “several” shows in the United States in 2011, plus going to Italy to make up for a show a promoter canceled on them. Important thing to remember: Perro says a lot of things.
CMLL (SAT) 12/25 Arena Neza
1) Pavor & Zeiya vs Guepardo Azteca & Kiva
2) Guerrero Negro, Mike Segura, Veneno vs Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
3) Nitro vs Coco Blanco, Puma King, Dr. X, Cocolores, Hermano Muerte III, Starman, Tiger Kid, Delta, Skándalo, Neza Kid, Dralion, Carta Brava [cage, mask]
4) Averno & Místico vs Dragón Rojo Jr. & Mephisto
Weird main event. Dragon Rojo is currently scheduled to be working in La Laguna at noon, here at 7pm, and Arena Mexico at 8:30. Santa Claus does not envy that schedule. No Angels in the cage match, though I could’ve sworn they were in that feud. Interesting to see the IWRG guys randomly pop up to round out the card. Probably doesn’t mean anything.
CMLL (SUN) 12/26 Arena Mexico
1) Freesbe & Tigre Blanco vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Aereo, Mascarita Dorada, Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Warrior
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus vs Ángel Azteca, Ángel de Plata, Guerrero Maya Jr. and Durango Kid, Puma King, Tiger Kid and Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Rush [MEX TRIOS, tournament]
4) Fuego, Máximo, Metro vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Sangre Azteca
5) Místico, Rotoporky, Toscano vs Averno, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Oh no, Rush. Rush could totally win this. It almost looks like the Rush/Angel de Oro/Diamante was meant to be Rush/Delta/Diamante and they were caught off guard by Delta winning the poll. Though they still could’ve put the Angels together before announcing the lineup, it’s absurd they’re split up here.
CMLL’s last three open tournaments have been same alignment matchups (Averno vs Dragon Rojo, Angels vs Delta & Diamante, Damian vs Pierrothito) so there’s no telling where they’ll go here. Hopefully it’s just consistently kept on the same TV show; this position means it won’t be unless someone’s paying attention.
Another long night for Sangre Azteca. Aereo is one of mini introduced earlier this year who vanished. There’s a Mercurio in the recent past in Monterrey, but I presume this is the one around Mexico State recently.
IWRG (SUN) 12/19 Arena Naucalpan [SuperLuchas, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) La Vaquerita, Lolita, Sexy Lady b Chica Tormenta, Keyra, Ludark
2) Chico Che, El Pollo, Tony Rivera b Comando Negro, El Hijo del Diablo, Gringo Loco
3) Amadeus, Escoria, Tabú b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. b Hijo de Pirata Morgan [UWF US HEAVY]
5) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider DRAW Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro [cage]
6) Máscara Año 2000 b Pirata Morgan [cage, hair]
Good night for the Dinamitias, bad night for the Pirates.
CMLL (SUN) 12/19 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Nube Roja b Acertijo
2) Malefico, Puma King, Tiger Kid b Gallo, Leono, Trueno
3) Ángel de Plata, Black Metal, Metálico b Hooligan, Semental, Virus
4) Máximo, Metro, Rush b Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Texano
5) Místico b Psicosis
Clean with for Mistico. Maximo pinned Olimpico with a kiss and a cradle in the third. Puma & Tiger continue their winning streak here.
Final poll results for Stuka & Metro’s new partner
39.20% Angel de Oro 41.52% Delta
No lineup for Sunday yet. It should be an Arena Mexico show.
CMLL (SUN) 12/19 Arena Coliseo [Cesar, CMLL]
1) Bengala & Metatrón b Camorra & Mortiz
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Lluvia, Marcela b Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
3) Euforia, Nosferatu, Pólvora b Fuego, Molotov, Rey Cometa [MEX TRIOS, eightfinal]
4) Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Sagrado b Arkángel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo [MEX TRIOS, eightfinal]
5) Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Sagrado b Euforia, Nosferatu, Pólvora [MEX TRIOS, quarterfinal]
6) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero DQ Blue Panther, La Máscara, Shocker
Sagrado’s has not been part of a regular group since early 2009, when he held these same trios titles with young promising high flyers Sombra and Volador Jr. He’s now two wins away from winning them back with young promising high flyers Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro. Those are tough comparisons to live up to, and neither of these guys are experienced even as Sombra was a couple years ago, but Palacio Negro has been impressive in the little we’ve seen and CMLL is clearly high on Metal Blanco.
Blanco represented his team in the seeding battle royal and shockingly won it over the more experienced guys (Cometa, Nosferatu and Loco Max), eliminating two of them. Molotov replaced Pegasso for unexplained reasons. Nosferatu may finally be in Los Cancerberos, though I won’t believe it until Virus confirms it. In the other match, the young GDL natives took out Loco & Skandalo with dives, and Sagrado beat Arkangel. Tuareg were shocked to lose. Cancerbros rushed the recovering tecnicos, but it sounds like it turned into a great final with both new guys getting over immediately. Metal Blanco wrapped up Euforia with a surprise ‘rana for the block win.
Shocker was taken to hospital to get his right knee checked after the main event, which may explains why the match had some strange finishes. Sounds like Shocker was hurt in the first. The rudos took that fall, then Ultimo Guerrero hit Shocker with the stretcher until the refs called a DQ. Security took the stretcher away, so Ultimo Guerrero hit Shocker with closed fists until he was DQed again, ending the match. Shocker, laying in the ring and unable to stand, decided this would be a good time to challenge for a title match. Ultimo Guerrero beat him up again, until the other tecnicos made the save, and challenged Shocker to a mask vs hair match.
Seductora and Marcela had non-storyline issues in their match.
DTU (SAT) 12/18 Deportivo Tlalli [Estrellas del Ring, Black Terry Jr. @ flickr, Al Filo del Ring]
1) Jhonkys b Muerte Bucanera, Miedo Extremo, Pequeno Cobra, Electro Boy, Kaleth
2) Sexy Star b Chika Tormenta, Ashley, Lolita, Megan, Vanely, Keira, Lily Fighter
3) Hormiga b Eterno [hair]
4) Zumbi b Joe Lider [DTU, vale todo]
5) Flamita b Drastik Boy and Daga [DTU Alto Rendimiento]
6) Aeroboy & Crazy Boy b Ciclope & Dance Boy and Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro and Dark Finder & Xtreme Warrior
7) Super Mega L Paranoiko and Dement Xtreme and Pesadilla and Violento Jack and Último Gladiador and Juan el Ranchero [hair, cage]
8) Joe Lider b Zumbi [hardcore, DTU]
3rd Anniversary show. As usual, many things going on here.
Zumbi & Joe Lider agreed to one match in each other’s styles. Zumbi won the vale todo style (basically a MMA match) and Lider won the title back later in the night in the usual hardcore match.
Super Mega escaped the cage, but returned because he had some issue with Paranoiko. That worked about as well as usual. Charly Manson helped Paranokio (because I guess they had to get Charly on the show somehow?) and Mega was last in.
Wasn’t the story here that Aeroboy (and Violento Jack) had turned on mentor Crazy Boy? I missed something. ANyway, team DTU won the four way tag battle.
Flamita won the tournament and a new title belt, judging from the picture.
Hormiga used a foul and feet on the ropes to keep his mask. Eterno took the haircut.
CMLL (FRI) 12/17 Arena Neza [Black Terry Jr., The Gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Apolo Estrada Jr. & Durango Kid b Camaleón & Guerrero Maya Jr.
2) Sensei & Starman b Artillero & Súper Comando
3) Coco Blanco, Coquito, Neza Kid b Hermano Muerte III, Puma King, Tiger Kid
4) Metro & Stuka Jr. b Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Rotoporky b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Texano
6) Héctor Garza & Mr. Águila b Latin ♥ & Shocker
We found Tirantes! He was busy costing Latin Lover the match here. I have no idea what this means.
Fourth match was more of the usual for Sangre Azteca; he and Misterioso argued to a loss.
After the third match, all six guys, Dralion, Carta Brava Jr., and Starman entered themselves into the Christmas Day cage match here. The Tuareg are already in, the Angels might also be in, I think I may be in this match – hopefully a lineup surfaces this week to clarify the field.
CMLL (SAT) 12/18 Poliforo Juan Gabriel, Ciudad Juarez [@conjuarez]
1) Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Negro Casas vs Atlantis, Averno, Héctor Garza
Tecnico Revelation: Eterno
Rudo Revelation: Comando Negro (who also was among those honored as a future star)
Preliminary: Alan Extreme
Tag: Hijo de Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.
Trio: Terrible Cerebros
Exotico: Diva Salvaje
Also no full results from the Juniors/Guerra de Leyendas show, but DJ Spectro posts video and notes Enrique Vera took El Verdugo’s hair. I know there are empty seats in the crowd, but they actually seem to have drawn much better than I’d figure for a show featuring guys who aren’t TV stars.
CMLL has it’s top moments of the first half of 2010, perfect for people who agreed to write a 2,000 word lead story about the year in lucha when they were sick and are slightly concerned about actually doing it.
CMLL (FRI) 12/17 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Disturbio & Semental b Metálico & Molotov
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Diamante, Sagrado b Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Averno b Hijo del Fantasma [Copa Jr., quarterfinal]
4) Texano b Rotoporky [Copa Jr., sixteenfinal]
5) Negro Casas b Ángel de Oro [Copa Jr., sixteenfinal]
6) Héctor Garza b Delta [Copa Jr., sixteenfinal]
7) Místico b Misterioso II [Copa Jr., sixteenfinal]
8) Negro Casas b Texano [Copa Jr., eightfinal]
9) Místico b Héctor Garza [Copa Jr., eightfinal]
10) Místico b Negro Casas [Copa Jr., quarterfinal]
11) Averno b Místico [Copa Jr., semifinal]
12) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Shocker b Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Psicosis
Surprise! Averno takes this block, setting up an all rudo final for next Saturday. Averno found the magic formula to beat his long time nemesis: three straight Devil’s Wings. He was not messing around. As required by law, Averno made the mask vs mask challenge after the match. They’re about two weeks away from feuding for six consecutive years. This is the first time Averno has beaten Mistico in an Arena Mexico singles matches since November of 2007 (when Averno won back the NWA Middleweight Championship), though that mostly because they’ve had a lot less singles matches the last three years.
Cesar says this tournament was not near as good as last week’s, with Negro Casas matches being notably poor. His matches with both Angel de Oro and Mistico were absurdly short, and his match with Texano was not much good. There also seemed to be a screw up in the seeding battle royal. Rotoporky went out first, then Angel de Oro & Texano went out at the same time. It looked live like Angel de Oro was eliminated first, but CMLL ignored it to do the usual rudo/tecnico match.
Mistico/Misterioso sounds like it was the best tournament match. It was Misterioso’s first and only singles match in a major arena this year, and it sounds like he took advantage of it. The move of the night might have been Mistico using the camel clutch to beat Hector Garza. Merry Christmas, Santo.
Main event was a tecnico win without incident. Also, without Tirantes. Monito was with Shocker here, then joined some other guys in heading out to the burbs to an Arena Neza show. That show seems to have drawn the same amount as always for CMLL in that building, despite Latin O. being in the main event.
CMLL (TUE) 12/21 Arena Mexico
1) Astro Boy & Metatrón vs Apocalipsis & Disturbio
2) Dalys la Caribeña, Luna Mágica, Star Fire vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
3) Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., Sensei vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Demus 3:16, Virus
4) Metro, Rush, Toscano vs Pólvora, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
5) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Shocker vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
Didn’t post this one yet. There will be some questionable activity on this show.
CMLL (SAT) 12/25 Arena Mexico
1) Horus & Robin vs Mortiz & Semental
2) Eléctrico, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Violencia
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado, Valiente vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Sangre Azteca
4) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Místico vs Atlantis, Terrible, Texano Jr.
5) Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Averno [Copa Jr., final]
Ras de Lona has the top two matches (with “Winner of Second Block” in place of Averno), which indicates Mistico (adn Texano!) losing wasn’t a last minute change of plans.
Tercera combines the Mephisto/Fantasma and Sangre Azteca/The World issues.
GDL got better once they started putting guys like Demus, Escorpion and Semental in the semimain. That wasn’t a break out match, but it was pretty sound match considering their skill levels. Escorpion’s quebrada still isn’t working for him.
They tried in the main event, but they tried to do the usual match. It was nice they didn’t walk thru it.