CMLL.com confirms they’re starting a one hour news show on Canal52, airing on Saturday’s and Sundays. This is great news for the 3 people who still get that station. They promise exclusive information, which will probably stay exclusive given the possible viewership. I shall now accept the award for most bitter paragraph ever.
CMLL (SUN) 06/29 Arena Coliseo [ovaciones, CMLL]
1) Sombra de Plata & Trueno b Carrona & Cholo
2) Amapola, Medusa, Rosa Negra b Lady Apache, Marcela, Princesa Blanca
3) Nitro, Satánico, Virus b Grey Shadow, Máscara Púrpura, Metalik
4) Flash & Stuka Jr. b Euforia & Nosferatu [Coliseo TAG]
5) Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corelone, Sagrado b Damián 666, Mr. Águila, Texano Jr.
6) Atlantis b Shocker [NWA LH]
Shocker took the first fall of his title match (via STF!), Atlantis won the second with a feet on the ropes pin (the GdA Title Match Special), and Atlantis took the third clean with the Atlantida for his 11th defense. Ovaciones says the match was good. Same sequence of falls for the Coliseo Tag match – Infernales took fall 1, maybeLosAngeles took falls 2 and 3 to win the mythical yet ugly belts.
Marco Corelone was here, which makes it tough for him to be in Irapuato.
Nitro replaced Okumura, and Satanicio pinned Shadow with the ropes. Luna Magica replaced Lady Apache and Medusa replaced Mima. Cholo remains perfect.
CMLL (SUN) 06/29 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
6) Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Toscano b Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Rayman
Niebla submitted Panther clean.
FILL (SUN) 06/29 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Perla Negra & Rebelde b Lady Puma & Ultratumba
2) Gallo de Oro & Imperio Romano b Pedro Navajas & Tequilita
3) Bam Bam & Mercurio b Angel Negro & Cavernicola [trofeo gladiador 2008, semifinal]
4) Chica de Arabia & Galactar b Ghostico & Vendeta [trofeo gladiador 2008, semifinal]
5) Bam Bam & Mercurio b Chica de Arabia & Galactar [trofeo gladiador 2008, final]
6) Estrella Dorado Jr., Huracan Ramirez, Tinieblas Sr. b Dr. Tormenta, Herodes, Jaque Mate Jr.
AAA (MON) 06/30 Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo [RFC]
1) Black Mamba & Violento vs Black Fenix & Street Boy
2) Estrellita & Sexy Star vs La Diabólica & Poly Star
3) Aerostar, El Brazo, Super Fly vs Escorpion Negro, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana II
4) Hombre Sin Miedo vs Picudo
5) ?, Gronda II, Silver King vs Antifaz del Norte, Pirata Morgan, Villano III
Villano III to AAA! The tide has been turned! Or not.
CMLL (MON) 06/30 Domo de la Feria de Leon [am.com.mx]
1) Carta Brava & Furia Azteca vs Gotico & Vampiro Metálico
2) Robin & Turbo vs Black Thunder & Cholo
3) Dark Angel & Lady Apache vs Hiroka & Mima Shimoda
4) La Máscara, Máscara Púrpura, Metalik vs Ephesto, Skandalo, Virus
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Místico vs Rey Bucanero & Último Guerrero
indy (TUE) 07/01 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Ciber Gata & Mariposa Monarca vs Alondra & Dama de Hierro
2) Dr. Kamoa & Panthro vs Centurion Negro & Karonte
3) Angel Dorado Jr. & Principe de Oro vs Kalaka de Michoacan & Linares and Coco Viper & Dragon
4) 5X, Angel Dorado, Kaoma Jr. vs Hermano Diablo I, Hermano Diablo II, La Kalaka de Tijuana
There’s also a match between students of various schools.
CMLL (TUE) 07/01 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [MT]
1) Thunder Boy vs Carlo Roggi
2) Ebola vs Azazel
3) Virgo vs Rey Trueno
4) Metal Blanco vs Super Maquina
5) Casanova & Rayman vs Infierno & Mr. Águila
6) Gallo vs Damián 666 [OCCIDENTE LH]
7) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Héctor Garza vs Mr. Niebla & Texano Jr.
Damian’s life has totally been leading up to the moment where he can finally become Western Light Heavyweight champion. For sure.
Box Y Lucha #2877 has a cover shot of Mr. Niebla going after Wagner. There’s also teases of a Rey Cometa anti-AAA interview and Zumbido and Scorpio calling their (former) teammates cowards. Sounds like a fun time.
DTU posted a video promo for their next show and hypes their article in the latest Record. You all know how I feel about the DTU matches, but their site is a lot easier to track than any other one, so they’re getting all the links they want. (Is a RSS feed so much to ask?)
A policeman charged with excessive violence is said to have gone all “Hijo de Perro Aguayo” on the victim. A double stomp must’ve been involved.
Ohtani’s Jacket writes about Santo & Negro from Tijuana in ’91, Kahos & Engendro vs El Celestial & El Coloso in ’92 UWA, and Villano III vs Negro Casas from last year.