Chat is here. Starts at 5 – link may now work.
Scheduled of events
5:00pm (all times central): Sin Salida kicks off
7:30pm: TripleMania scheduled to start
6:44: TripleMania starts (?? – time zone confusion somewhere)
8:00pm: CMLL finishes
10:00pm: we’re all sick of this
11:30pm: TripleMania ends
I should be updating events both here and on Twitter, and generally losing my mind. Join us!
Update!: I will also be cooking spaghetti. More breaking news as events warrant.
Update2!: spaghetti was OK. Forgot the biscuits I was going to make. Will work on that.
Low quality stream here: http://es.justin.tv/enelring18
People we’re watching for results
CMLL (SUN) 06/06 Arena Mexico
1) Demus 316 & Pierrothito b Bam Bam & Shockercito
– Straight falls for the renamed Pequeno Damian 666. Shockercito took a stretcher ride, so I guess Demus is still using the double underhook piledriver.
2) Metro, Rush, Stuka Jr. b Histeria, Maniaco, Monsther
Tirantes worked this match. Tecnicos took 1 & 3. First match for Monsther in Arena Mexico in 17 years.
3) Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Shocker DQ El Alebrije, Olímpico, Psicosis
DQ for Hector Garza running in. Invasors are 0-2. That’s, uh, different booking. Invasors did destroy the tecnicos after the match to get something back.
4) Máscara Dorada, Místico, Mr. Águila DQ Averno, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Averno came out with the combo Averno/Mistico mask and offered to Mistico. Mistico said no. Averno & Volador then revealed they were wearing matching masks. Volador worked the mask as a rudo, and the crowd got behind Mistico. DQ for the rudos when Volador (I think) tossed his mask to draw a DQ but was caught. Mistico & Volador are back to mask vs mask challenges.
5) Gigante Bernard, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 b Brazo de Plata, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Strong Man
Bernard not only won again, but he hurt Strong Man’s arm, who needed medical assistance.
6) Máximo b Taichi [hair]
Two shot falls and one long one.
TripleMania is underway
AAA TV (SUN) 06/06 Palacio de los Deportes, DF
1) Octagoncito b Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Charly Manson, Mascarita Divina, Mini Histeria, Mascarita Sagrada, La Parkita, Mini Chessman, Mini Psicosis [AAA MINI, Ladder]
Parkita & Chessman weren’t announced for the match. Octagoncito is new champion. AAA’s facebook says Mini Abismo Negro is getting medical attention. SuperLuchas says La Parkita also appears to have hurt his shoulder.
2) Jennifer Blade, Rain, Sexy Star b Cinthia Moreno, Fabi Apache, Mari Apache [loser is a maid]
Right. No surprise there. There was some confusion because Luchas2000 had the opposite finish. 30 days start now. Hijo de Tirantes was ref and helped the rudos, so this was every TV match ever.
3) Silver King & Último Gladiador vs Atsushi Aoki & Go Shiozaki and James Storm & Robert Roode and Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG]
Up now. Announcers started to refer to the NOAH team as “Nosawa”, then had to be told their names. They have no idea who they are, slightly better on the TNA guys.
* Hermandad pinned Team NOAH
* Beer Money beat Hermandad, with Konnan getting involved
* Silver King & Ultimo Gladiador beat Beer Money to win the titles
After the match, IWRG’s Junior Dinamitas (Hijo de Cien, Mascara Jr.) ran in to attack the new champs and challenge them to a match.
long delay to set up a cage for the next match
Alex Koslov, Chessman, Hernandez b Heavy Metal, Octagón, Pimpinela Escarlata [seconds hair, cage]
Was never announced as a cage match, but it’s suddenly in a cage. Order of escape is Octagon, Alex Koslov, Pimpinela, Hernandez, and then Chessman. A bit of a surprise when it came down to Heavy Metal and Chessman; Chessman usually finds ways to lose those sorts of matchups.
Box Y Lucha board said the Perros were seen here, but if they were, they were never seen on the PPV broadcast. There was a long commercial break while they took down the cage.
Abyss & Cibernético b Vampiro & Zorro
Konnan tries to throw power at Cibernetico, gets Vampiro, Cibernetico chokeslams him for the win. Konnan vs Vampiro = awful last year, would be worse this year. Hernandez and Daniels attack Cibernetico, Cibernetico beats them up. Hermandad turned up here to help, running off Koslov.
Jack Evans b Nosawa, Christopher Daniels, Extreme Tiger [AAA CRUISER]
- Tiger pins Nosawa
- Tiger was pinned after Relampago came to the ring, wearing a Extreme Tiger mask. That is confusing, but hopefully Tiger is used to people wearing his match.
- Jack beats Daniels to win the title
7) Dr. Wagner Jr. b Electroshock [AAA HEAVY]
Wagner wins, clean via Wagner Driver. Crowd not into the slow, old school title match (which may have as much to do with who was doing it as the style.) Mesias showed up to present Wagner with the belt. Everyone got along after the match.
8) LA Park NC La Parka Jr. [identity]
After a long brawling match, the crowd very much into it (and cheering the rudo), LA Park gives Parka Jr. a martinete. Joaquin hits the ring to protest, and Park knocks him down, but also knocks down Dorian. Both Roldan are down, but Dorian pulls himself up and assualts him with a chair. Damian 666 & Halloween (may not be the correct two) ran in, helped Park get rid of Dorian and put him on top. Hijo de Tirantes counted three, and Park celebrated the win. LA Park was joined by other members of Los Perros del Mal, including Perro Aguayo Jr., X-Fly, Black Warrior, Hijo de LA Park, and Damian’s son (may be why Pequeno Damain is changing his name right now) ran out to celebrate.
After the match, the announcers said the commission had annulled the finish of the match. Maricela Pena announced this to the crowd after El Tri (the musical performance) was done. They are saying the finish doesn’t count because the Perros ran in.
Comments are open. Chat will be ending soon.