X-LAW (SAT) 08/08 Arena Lopez Mateos [SuperLucha]
1) Dinastia & Okuzono b Aborto & Mensajero de la Muerte
2) Angel o Demonio, Big Memo, Leono Rojo, Ovett b Payaso Carrona, Payaso Escalofrio, Payaso Miedo, Payaso Terror
3) Damián 666 & Halloween b Krakatoa & Tokyo Monster
4) Suicida b Mr. Aguila, Super Mega
5) Bunker, Epidemia, Giant Warrior, Heavy Boy, Konami, Relampago b Black Soul, Catman, Fantasma de la Ópera, Serval, Titanik, Triton
6) Panama Jack Daniels b Halloween [RXW Heavy]
7) Super Crazy b Panama Jack Daniels [XLAW JH]
8) LA Park b the Sandman [XLAW HEAVY]
If you read the comments on SuperLuchas post, and elsewhere, there’s complaints about the performance of Sandman here. I don’t understand that at all; if you’re truly a fan of the Sandman and you’re aware of what year it is, I’m not sure what you could find fault in. You’re just paying for his entrance in 2009 (and it’s not like you were ever getting much than that.) If Sandman ‘only offered the memories of ECW’, it’s odd that it’s seen as a cheat here, when guys like Canek and Mil are praised while seemingly doing the same. On the hand, if you didn’t know who Sandman is, then hopefully you find out more about what you’re buying next time thru.
The Halloween/Tokyo Monster match was turned into a tag team match for no clear reasons, except to set up Los Porros beating up Damian and Halloween, making Damian unavailable to wrestle later and Halloween easy pickings for Panama Jack Daniels. (On a different note, the point of Panama Jack Daniels seems to be missing as well, as no one seemed to have heard of him before the AAA/RXW show in Panama a month ago, and very few seemed to know of it.) Super Crazy, wrestling under a mask during the match, showed up to face Daniels in the real match. Perhaps this was all the original plan, but no one was sure if Crazy would be back in time from Japan to be on this show to advertise him? I’m sure the idea is people would be happier about getting the extra star than be upset about not getting the scheduled match, but I’m not sure if that’s how it worked out.
The 12 man match was originally 10 men, and I didn’t realize it was sort of Rey del Ring style until reading the results. With a lot of guys people may surely were not familiar with, that probably was very tough to follow unless they made the teams exceptionally clear.
I’m not sure if I should take the second match as a “got you, people who think the Porros are also the Payasos Diabolico” or “no one really cares about who’s under any interchangeable mask on the indies.”
Aguas Digital writes an article about the the history of a promotion in Aguascalientes, though it reads much like a fawning profile.
SuperLuchas #326 has second place Super Crazy on the cover. My favorite part of the magazine is a thoughtful, sensible interview with No Limit, which somehow ends with Naito proclaiming: “If people go to the arena to see Mistico and feel he’s the biggest star in Mexico…I will be better than Mistico. That will happen very soon.” It’s good to have goals.
IWRG (THU) 08/13 Arena Naucalpan
1) Imperial vs Keshin Black
2) Eragon & Star Boy vs Blasfemia & Heavy Boy
3) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II vs Avisman & Gringo Loco
4) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro vs Barba Roja, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
5) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Negro Navarro, Trauma II, Trauma II [IWRG IC TRIOS]
It’s a weird tercera when the only guy I’m expecting to see there is Avisman. I’d be more worried about the Oficials retaining if there weren’t plenty of people who would like to see harm to the Navarros.
CMLL (SUN) 08/16 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Angelo & Saturno vs Ebola & Expreso
2) Metal Blanco & Neutrón vs Angel del Mal & Rafaga
3) Acertijo & Novato vs Hierro & Milenio
4) Mictlán, Rogue, Sagrado vs Ephesto, Heavy Metal, Skandalo
5) Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara vs Averno, Mephisto, Texano Jr.
Third match appears to be a parajes increible match, unless something’s gone down in advance. I’m assuming Expreso = Express Continental.
IWRG (SUN) 08/16 Arena Naucalpan
1) Halcon 2000 vs Siniestro Negro
2) Exodia & Goleador vs Blasfemia & Menfis
3) Freelance, Star Boy, Suicida vs Capitán Muerte, Gringo Loco, Signo Jr.
4) Trauma II vs Avisman [IWRC IC LIGHT]
5) Ricky Cruz vs Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Trauma I, Oficial AK47, Chico Che, Black Terry, Bushi, Fantasma de la Ópera, Jack, Arlequin [hair, mask]
I’m worried this show will be a nightmare for Jack. This is try #2 for Avisman at the ligthweight title. A guy named Siniestro Negro just won a main event mask match in Arena Aficion last week; maybe the same one? It’s him, Arlequin and Bushi who stick out as possiblities.
Freelance is back in action. It turns out, he was wrestling on a muscle tear up thru the cage match, then finally had someone really take a look at it. They found out it was a fracture in his femur. And so, he’s been off for a month.
CMLL Gutierrez (MON) 08/17 Cancha del FutRap [el manana]
1) Mini Cibernetico, Mini Loared Kid, Sexy Flor vs Cristal, Mini Black Mamba, Mini Scorpio
2) Histeria, Maniaco, Psicosis vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000
3) Mascara Dorada, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
4) La Sombra, Místico, Volador Jr. vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Promoter is insistent Mistico will be on this show. It’s probably his first show back from Japan. No, that segunda doesn’t mean any of those guys are in CMLL.