UWE (WED) 12/16 Arena Lopez Mateos [Al Filo del Ring, SuperLuchas 345]
1) Climax I & Climax II b Barba Negra & Rey Lobo
2) Aguila Solitaria, Ciclón Ramírez, Pantera b Al Rojo Vivo, Escuedro Rojo, Simbolo
3) Cachorro Mendoza, Mogur, Ringo Mendoza DQ Enfermero Jr., Máscara Año 2000, Super Halcon
4) Javier Cruz, Javier Rocca, Javier Valaguez DQ Hombre Bala, Pirata Morgan, Verdugo
5) Carlos Plata, El Dandy, Lizmark Sr. DQ Emilio Charles Jr., Fuerza Guerrera, Sangre Chicana
Carlos Plata replaced El Faron, who got hurt hanging up holiday decorations (but did show up.) Top 3 matches ending by DQ really makes me feel sad I missed the old days.
CMLL (FRI) 12/18 Arena Isabel Cuernavaca, Morelos [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Demonio Negro, Mosco de la Merced, Signo Jr. b Carta Brava Jr., Drako, Zokar
2) Dalis la Caribeña & Marcela b Amapola & La Nazi
3) Carta Brava Jr. & Halcon Tarin b Demonio Negro & Ice Killer
4) Brazo Cibernetico Jr., Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Platino, Super Brazo b Durango Kid, Ephesto, Euforia, Skándalo
5) El Fantasma, Máscara Dorada, Shocker DQ Felino, Heavy Metal, Negro Casas
OUT: Hector Garza, Super Porky, Rey Bucanero, Canek, Maximo, Stuka Jr., Valiente, Sangre Azteca, Misterioso II, Loco Max, Muñeca De Plata, Signo Jr.
IN: Fantasma, Mascara Dorada, Felino, Brazo Cibernetico Jr., Ephesto, Euforia, Durango Kid, Carta Barva Jr., Demonio Negro, Dalis La Caribena, Signo Jr., Zokar, Drako
That’s TWELVE no shows. I don’t know what happened here, I don’t know who’s to blame, but someone owes a big apology. If only there was someone involved in the national commission at the the show who could investigate the situation. If only!
Anyway. They can’t be accused of killing the building, because this was already supposed to be the last show here. No one still seems quite sure what the end result will be for this 56 year old home for lucha libre – this newspaper article isn’t sure if it’s being torn down or just being bought by folks who don’t want lucha libre, while another article (who’ve link I seem to have lost) quotes the current owner as saying the building is being bought by religion people, and he’s getting out because the shows aren’t drawing any more – but this is was both the final show and a benefit show for local wrestler Impacto, recently paralyzed. That makes it doubly odd to end the show with Felino fouling Fantasma and yanking off his mask.
CMLL LLA (SAT) 12/19 Arena Monterrey [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Mascarita Dorada & Shockercito b Pequeño Black Warrior & Pequeño Damian 666
2) Stuka Jr. & Valiente b Dragon Rojo Jr. & Sangre Azteca
3) Blue Panther, La Sombra, Máximo DQ Misterioso II, Terrible, Texano
4) Héctor Garza, Místico, Shocker b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas [semifinal]
5) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto [semifinal]
6) Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Héctor Garza, Místico, Shocker, Rey Bucanero [LLA CHAMP]
Kinda forget about this show. As they’ve done with previous events here, there was a mini trios tournament to lead to a final elimination match. This time, it was to win a belt that’ll never be mentioned again (as opposed to someone lose a mask or hair.) Eliminations in the final went Rey (by Shocker), Shocker (by Atlantis), Mistico (by Garza!), and Atlantis & UG teamed up to beat Garza. That left Atlantis & UG. Atlantis didn’t want to fight, and Rey suggested sharing the belt as a team, but Guerrero insisted on fighting it out. Ultimo killed his good friend with the Guerrero Special to win the belt, but everyone seemed okay with each other after the match.
CMLL (SUN) 12/20 Arena Mexico [Cesar]
1) Delta & Molotov b Durango Kid & Ramstein
2) Diamante, Pegasso, Rush b Artillero, Disturbio, Súper Comando
3) Amapola, La Comandante, Yezca b Lluvia, Marcela, Star Fire
4) Sagrado, Toscano, Valiente b Rey Bucanero, Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura
5) La Sombra, Místico, Shocker DQ Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Mr. Niebla fouled Shocker, then challenged him for a mask vs hair match. Shocker agreed. I can’t even think of a suitable ridiculous thing to dare to do if that match actually occurred next week, but that’s okay because it’s not happening.
In the deciding moment of the semimain, Toscano had Bucanero rolled up, Rey reversed it, and KeMonito waddled over and re-reversed it, putting Toscano back on top of the pin. MONKEEEEEEEEY!
La Comadante is indeed La Nazi, and the story we’re going with is it’s in tribute to Pierroth.
Judging from Black Terry Jr.’s pictures, there was Toryumon show this afternoon, the annual Young Dragon’s Cup. Also, Juvi beat Angelico (with a new belt!) for his NWE Cruiserwieght Title. Which looks a lot more like Solar/Negro Navarro’s title than I previously recall. Huh.
SuperLuchas notes that no one knows what the deal is with the Mexican Trios Titles tournament on Tuesday. In the comments this weekend, Rob noted CMLL gave the impression that Tuesday’s tournament was the entire tournament, those four teams being the whole field. That’s so absurd I could believe CMLL would do it. Ras de Lona only gave the tournament the briefest mention. The more I think about that, the more I believe it means this was decision made late in the week, because Ras de Lona lives to interview people in random tournaments.
What was mentioned on CMLL TV was the Fuerza Guerrera, who mention he’s written an autobiography, but just hasn’t put it out yet because of the economy. Also, a not-so-veiled shot at the CMLL booking crew and find out what Fuerza’s mask colors mean.
In more interviews, Canek says he’s not hurt or retired, his doctor just told him he can only wrestle once a month at the moment (which would seem to mean he’s hurt), and those matches just happen to take place in New Mexico and Texas, so we just haven’t heard about them. Also, he may look less massive, but it’s because he’s on a new diet. I see.
And one more: Pirata Morgan & Rey Bucanero talk about a possible hair match. Morgan explains he wanted to see who’s better, him or his nephew, so now that his nephew is back, they can face off in a triangle match. See, the actual deal is Pirata Morgan and Charly Manson are supposed to have a hair match on Christmas Day, and Pirata notes Rey hasn’t actually asked permission to do this (so it’s not happening.) Rey wants no part of this match, since Pirata is his mentor and all, and would hope that Charly would lose if they faced off.
AAA has bios up for Histeria III, Psicosis III and Amnesia.
Perro Aguayo Jr. thinks the Perros del Mal are sweepign the entire industry.
DJ Spectro has his pick for tag team of the year, and another recap of Friday’s AAA TV taping.
Cronicas Y Leyendas look back at Black Cat and Black Gordman losing his hair to Mil Mascaras.
SuperLuchas #345 has the new Vipers and the newly unmasked. There’s also an interview with Dr. Wagner Jr. about Dr. Wagner III – apparently, the new kid asked Dr. Wagner Sr. long ago if he could take up the mask, and the original said he could, but not only he was 18. He turned 18 on 09/04, and so he’s here.
For what it’s worth, SuperLuchas report on the IWRG cage match says the Capitan Muerte unmasked was indeed Bombero Infernal. This is SuperLuchas last edition of the year; enjoy the week off!
CMLL (TUE) 12/22 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro & Nube Roja vs Katana & Skaxy
2) Hierro & Relampago Azul vs Ebola & Exterminador
3) Drago & Ráfaga vs Asesino Negro & Infierno
4) Fuego, Máximo, Volador Jr. vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
5) Héctor Garza vs Atlantis
This is where Poder Mexica is at, when their trios titles are apparently being decided. Hope they remember to leave them behind. (Actually, no, let’s not.) Odd to have a rudo/rudo match.
indy (FRI) 12/25 Plaza de Toros Cuatro Caminos, Jalatlaco, EdM
1) Josseline & Mr. Tenpes vs La Diabólica & Tigre Tatuado
2) La Nueva Parkita & Octagoncito vs Mr. Aguilita & Pequeño Halloween
3) el Ángel vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Hombre Bala, Lobo Vikingo, Barba Roja, Demencia [AML CHAMP]
4) Monsther vs Pirata Morgan Jr., ? [mask]
5) Pirata Morgan vs Charly Manson, Rey Bucanero [hair]
I’m being charitable listening Rey Bucanero in that match. Beware mask matches where a participant is not announced.
CMLL (SUN) 12/27 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino vs Titanio
2) Metatrón & Saturno vs Exterminador & Malefico
3) Gallo & Metal Blanco vs Ángel del Mal & Ebola
4) Ángel de Oro & Ángel de Plata vs Shigeo Okumura & Vangelis
5) Brazo de Plata, La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto