indy (SAT) 12/13 Guadalajara Lucha Libre Festival [MT 1, 2, 3, ESTO, informador]
2) Pandita, Super Muneco, Super Pinocho b Coco Rojo, Coco Verde, Cocolores
3) Super Pinocho b Pandita [mask]
4) Solar I b Negro Navarro, Engendro
5) Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 b Emilio Charles Jr., Scorpio Jr., Zumbido
6) Cibernetico, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Tinieblas Sr. b Head Hunter I, LA Park, Monsther
The big news here: Super Pinocho was incensed with losing the second match, blamed Pandita and challenged him to an immediate mask match. Surprisingly enough, Pandita and the promoters said yes. Pinocho worked rudo and dominated Pandita (who was said to look bad and close to retirement) for the mask win. Pandita is Luis Hernandez Cruz, 28 years a wrestler.
Rayo beat Park in an exchange of fouls to take the main event. Dinamita cheated to beat the Guapos.
Meanwhile, the owner of Arena Emiliano Zapata says poor attendence at his show (400, less than half capacity) and for AAA’s show here on Day 1 was due to the ecnomic downturn.
Hijo del Avernos were all this is just the start of us taking over after winning the Leyenda de Plata.
Dark Angel talked about her career with El Universal; this version has a little bit more of the article, but you may prefer the first picture.
Al Filo Del Ring has lots on Fuerza Guerrera: the start of his career, his favorite move (half crab), being mistaken for a kidnapper, the possibility of nephew Furia Guerrera someday becoming Fuerza Guerrera II (greater than 0, surprisingly – Furia is said to have been working under names during his long abscene) and the strength of being an independent. This is a teaser for more in this week’s Guerreros del Ring.
Blue Panther will do a web chat on Monday @ TelevisaDeportes.
Juvi is still talking up his past and possible future feud with Perro Aguayo Jr.. Please book it for him already.
SuperLuchas continues their series of look back at Vampiro with his 1992 year and his hair match with Pirata Morgan
kcidis notes AAA cartoon trading cards as a giveaway with cookies, and how the illustrations have “more muscles than Batista and Gronda put together”. If a product licensed by AAA spells a member of the Dark Family as “Spiritu”, is that the official version or can I continue randomly alternating that version with Espiritu?
WagnerMania looks at the 2nd day of the GDL Lucha Libre Festival
Accion showed the CMLL main event (UG nailed Mistico with the canvas, because he was readying it before Mistico dove) and the cage match from GdT (looked like Super Fly might have helped Porky climb up and escape). WWE match was Misterio vs Kofi Kingston. (There was a mixed match, but no woman vs woman match on RAW this week.)
LuchaWorld has Robert on 05/06/07 AAA, IWRG 05/17/07, CMLL 05/12,
There’s also KrisZ’s news from Friday and Saturday
Ohtani’s Jacket watches Brazo de Oro vs Pirata Morgan for the NWA LH Title in 1989, Brazo de Plata/El Brazo vs Verdugo/Hombre Bala in a double hair match from the same show and Eddie & Santo vs Espanto/Estarada in 1993 AAA
Lineups (heavily helped by Super Luchas #294)
CMLL (THU) 12/18 Arena Monterrey
1) Mascara Dorada, Máscara Púrpura, Máximo vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Dragon Rojo Jr., Virus
2) Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza, Mark Corleone vs Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
3) Blue Panther vs Tiger Universitario, Diluvio Negro II [hair]
4) Místico vs Último Guerrero, Volador Jr., Diluvio Negro I, Mr. Niebla, Difunto II, Averno, La Sombra, Rey Hechicero, Valiente, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca [mask]
This is the infamous show where they promoted the main event mask match without mentioning any of the local wrestlers (who are sure to lose.)
indy (FRI) 12/19 Feria de la Pinata, Acolman, EdM
1) Luic Cirio, Manny Cirio, Tony Cirio vs Insecto, Mosca, Principe Celeste
2) La Parkita & Octagoncito vs Mini Ciber & Mini Scorpio
3) Espantapajaros, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Barba Roja, Pirata Morgan Jr., Toxico AAA
4) Antifaz del Norte & Ogun vs Monsther & Pierko el Boricua
5) Cibernetico & Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Head Hunter I & Head Hunter II
Wonder if Rey Cometa & Pegasso will still be working this show. Cibernetico & Wagner are working a lot of days this week.
IWRG (FRI) 12/19 Arena Naucalpan
1) Freelance, Jack, Zatura vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
2) Hijo del Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. vs Scorpio Jr. & Zumbido [IWRG IC TAG]
This is also the yearly award show.
CMLL WFS (FRI) 12/19 Velvet Night Club, DF
1) Bam Bam vs Pequeño Damian 666 [CMLL MINI]
2) Dark Angel vs La Nazi, Princesa Sujei
3) Dos Caras Jr., Mark Corleone, Shocker vs ?, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
This card is ever evolving. I’d wager the mystery rudo ends up being Black Warrior, since this is otherwise the same exact main event they’re running in Arena Mexico.
I’m spelling Corleone correctly now, right?
CMLL (SUN) 12/21 Arena Coliseo
1) Hijo del Faraon & Pegasso vs Camorra & Semental
2) Fabián el Gitano, Leono, Tony Rivera vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Dr. X, Loco Max
3) Mascarita Dorada, Nino de Oro, Shockercito vs Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
4) Mascara Dorada, Máximo, Sagrado vs Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
5) Mark Corleone, Shocker, Toscano vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Texano Jr.
Okay, there has to be something going on with the minis for that match to be tercera. Lightweight defense coming up early 2009? Meanwhile, one wonders if Sangre Azteca and Dragon Rojo can coexist five days after being in a title match. Pegasso being all the way down in the novato match is a disappointing on the surface, but Hijo del Faraon isn’t there normally so perhaps there’s something holiday wise going on, a card change coming.
IWRG (SUN) 12/21 Arena Naucalpan
1) Eragon vs Judas el Traidor
2) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II vs Fantasma de la Ópera & Nemesis IWRG
3) Freelance, Jack, Pendulo vs Dr. Cerebro, Trauma I, Trauma II
4) Head Hunter I & Veneno vs Hijo del Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.
5) Scorpio Jr. vs Máscara Año 2000, Fuerza Guerrera, Tetsuya, Arlequin, Cerebro Negro, Pierroth II, Zumbido, Oficial 911, Multifacético [cage, hair, mask]
Arlequin lost his mask just six weeks ago. I would guess he, Tetsuya or Pierroth would be the most likely suspects.