CMLL (TUE) 04/14 Arena Mexico [ESTO]
1) Semental & Zayco b Starman & Trueno
2) Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Fantasy, Pequeño Olímpico, Shockercito
3) Flash, Pegasso, Rey Cometa b Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skandalo
4) Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca b Mascara Dorada, Mictlan, Sagrado
5) Ephesto, Mephisto, Terrible b Blue Panther, La Sombra, Volador Jr.
ESTO says good attendance. I do not know why. Nothing of note occurred.
Ovaciones doesn’t cover the show, talking up Friday’s card. They also break the news that Lluvia took Magnifica’s mask two weeks ago.
CMLL SPARTAN (WED) 04/08 Auditorio Municipal de Tampico [The Gladiatoes]
1) Oro Negro & Transmetal b Alejandro Montana and Guerrillero and Super Lobo and Mercurio and Iron Boy and Jimmy Torres [cibernetico]
2) Shockercito & Tzuki b Pequeño Damian 666 & Pierrothito
3) Astro Boy b Pegasso and Rey Cometa and Angel de Oro and Angel de Plata and King Boy
4) Black Warrior, Dr. Karonte, Sangre Azteca b Bronco III, Loco Castillo, Maximo
5) Oro Negro b Transmetal [SPARTAN STATE]
6) Dos Caras Jr., Hector Garza, Volador Jr. b Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Ultimo Guerrero
I guess they forgot to send a replacement for Toscano, because Volador got bumped up to his spot in the main event and Bronco worked on the rudo side with Dr. Karonte fillng in as a tecnico.
IWRG (SUN) 04/12 Arena Naucalpan [the Gladiatores]
1) COmando Negro b Gizmo
2) Azoka & Daga b Carta Brava Jr. & Chico del Barrio
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro b Capitan Muerte, Testuya Bushi, Xiblaba
4) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II b Trauma I & Trauma II
5) Angelico, Fuerza Guerrera, Super Porky b Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Negro Navarro, Veneno
Angelico beat Negro Navarro clean, but the build is to a no DQ Fuerza/Veneno match. In the semimain, one of the Gemelos pinned one of the Traumas with a rana and his arms holding the ropes, which seems to indicate which team is turning. Xibalba challenges for a title shot despite losing – champs said no.
DJ Spectro reprints Picudo telling Box Y Lucha he’s out of AAA and adds Angel to the rumored departure list. Picudo’s going to continuing training wrestlers, just outside of AAA. Meanwhile, it looks like Nygma is part of a new unit Cibernetico’s formed, called the Bizzaros. Bad name. I feel like I should be able to identify the other guys but can’t.
El Siglo de Torreon folows up on Silver King’s claim that he can wear his mask. They ask El Fantasma, who says Silver King is wrong – he lost that mask to Hijo del Santo and can’t wear it again. Also, can’t put on any new mask until five years after he lost the Black Tiger mask (which means a 2011.) Me and Fantasma, we’re on the same page. Also ALSO, Silver King is currently in trouble with the DF commission because he told them he was going to just wear the Silver King mask to the ring recently, then just went ahead and wrestled with it, and bolted from the dressing room before they could question him about it. It’s up the indiviual comissions to enforce the rules here, but it sounds like Silver King is not supposed to be able to wrestle in Mexico City until this clears up. (We’ll see.)
AAA denies a rumor about Ozz going to WWE, a rumor I did not know existed until AAA denied it. Ozz would go to WWE only if there was a talent sharing relationship. I would drive to the moon only if the roads were toll free.
In the comments, Roberot posted Tercera Caida’s preview of the AAA Neza show, including the Juvi parody. That press confrence is today.
In Oaxaca, Zigdried retired from wrestling this Sunday. He had made a deal with his parents that he would end his career whenever he lost his third hair match, and Challenger’s victory over him was number 3.
Kcidis has a cartoon about Texano’s title win.
Updated card for tonight’s AAA show in SLP has Pimpi in Alebrije’s spot and an trofeo Abismo Negro torneo to replace Abismo Negro vs Black Abyss.
The founder of the Lucha Libre Expo talks it up to Notimex.
Alex Koslov will be joining the Solo Por Muerte
Ohtani’s Jacket watches Satanico vs Super Astro from 1984; I can’t believe Satanico ever had awesome hair.