The big news: Mima Shimoda cut her hair.
There’s also Rellik ripping AAA’s front office. Really, it’s impossible to pick sides between bookers who are pretty bad and wrestlers who are pretty superfluous anywayr. In the US and elsewhere, a guy in a ‘scary’ mask who doesn’t sell is a novelty. In Mexico, that guy is one in 5000 (including quite a few already under contract to AAA.) But I guess the lesson is here to figure how much you’re actually making before you start working there, not three months into it. And hopefully AAA will have some hilarious overreaction we can all enjoy.
AAA (SUN) 01/04 Plaza de Toros de la Expo Feria de Santa Lucia del Camino [AAA]
1) Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown b Abismo Negro, Aerostar, El Alebrije
2) El Elegido, La Parka Jr., Súper Fly DQ Chessman, Electro Shock, Zorro
So slow, AAA is posting spot show results on it’s site. Since AAA has started to post lineups, it feels like we’re getting a full idea of where the AAA wrestlers are working. It’s a better idea, but it’s not a full – here, AAA is posting results of a show it never actually listed on it’s site.
CMLL (TUE) 01/06 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Virgo b Posedion
2) Sileuta DDQ Magnifica
3) Rey Trueno b Metal Blanco
4) Infierno b Magnum
5) Leon Blanco & Máscara Mágica DQ El Gallo & Satánico
6) Blue Panther, La Máscara, La Sombra b Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
7) Rey Bucanero b Máximo [CMLL LH]
In the opening matches, the women ignored the ref until he just stopped the match. Blanco’s team took the 5th match in a sweep; clean win for his team in the first, then Satanico low blow punched him for the second.
Let’s take a moment to note that Ovaciones magically has the same exact number of Bucanero title defenses as the luchawiki does, but never gives a link to the wiki. (To be fair, it may be CMLL giving Ovaciones the number and also not giving credit. That’s actually be funnier.)
Perro Aguayo Jr. says his next show will be in the second half of February, which seems pushed back. Perro says they’ll announce it either today or tomorrow, but also says they haven’t narrowed down the location between Mexico City, Toluca, Queretaro, Puebla and GDL. Which sounds to me like they’re either not really that close or Perro’s not really in the loop for these things. Second half of February would mean in some level of competition with Hijo del Santo’s show, which was the plan earlier.
Arturo Rivera returned to Ovaciones for the first time in few weeks, saying Perrros are concerned about not working enough and he and Dr. Moreales have been doing voice work for the AAA cartoon movie, which is expected October or November.
AAA’s website, with nothing to talk about, mentions Rey de Reyes will be in March, perhaps in Orizaba or Ciudada Madero or Guadalajara and reminds us again how the first taping is on 01/18 in Guanajuanto. KrisZ has the first main event as Mesias, Parka Jr., Silver King vs Chessman, Cuervo, Escoria.
The Mexico City Museum will host a panel discussion about the mask this Sunday.
Box Y Lucha articles from last edition
– Epehsto meets the president of Mexico. It was a event sponsored by the national sports commission, and Ephesto, Felino, Ultimo Guerrero and Hijo de Fantasma were there to say “hey, I just met the president.”
– It’s the IWRG Nemesis who claims he’s the real, only, and first. Funny, to me, is this Nemesis talking about always using that name for his 12 years of wrestling and yet also talking about being in AAA for a year (where he was NOT using that name). He believes the AAA one just stole the name.
– Volador still thinks he was put in the wrong category for the bodybuilding contest (he’s a beginner)
– Freelance is a little more measured in long form about Dorada and Bam Bam (he respects them but thinks he’s better.) Freelance says he tried out for AAA, but didn’t hear back, and would like to make it into CMLL this year. Probably bet not to be making magazine challenges to CMLL wrestlers if he wants to work there. He explains he did get permission from Zumbido to wrestle as Mini Zumbido, but IWRG just wants to keep using him as Freelance since that’s what the people know.
– Ultimo Dragon says he’s not considering retiring.
– Villano III‘s column
– Interview with Monterrey female rookie Dreamer
Reforma CMLL articles
– Mascarita Dorada hopes to take either Mini Warrior or Mini Universo’s mask.
– Mini Olimpico feels confident about winning, because he’s not lost a mask match yet. Olimpico told Mini Olimpico to make sure the name ‘Olimpico’ is still held high in CMLL, so the mini is going to do his best.
– Nitro will actually be out 7-8 months. That’s getting worse every time I read about it. Nitro tore his right knee’s ACL and fractured patella cartilage in his left. A normal person will be back on their feet in two months, but it’s a longer rehab to get in lucha condition.
There’s a show advertised this Sunday at the Tizimin, Yucatan fair as an AAA event. AAA has written a letter to the fair to make it clear they’re not running that show. It appears to be some indy guys using the logo.
SuperLuchas looks back at Rey Misterio Jr.’s debut in AAA.
Been a few weeks since our last Bolivian Cholitas story.
Kcidis celebrates two years of posting.
Juvi and Lizzy are signing autographs at Blue Demon’s store ont he 23rd. This week’s WrestlingObserver mentions he may be back in AAA before long.
LuchaWorld has Robert on GDR from 06/30 and 07/07 and CMLL 06/23/07…
Volador Jr./Sagrado/La Mascara vs El Averno/El Mephisto/Efesto: Very fun match! The rudos might be the best regular trio in the world right now although I can’t think of any competition they might have.:P
There’s also KrisZ’s news update
indy (THU) 01/08 Arena Olimpico Laguna de Gomez Palacio [el siglo de torreon]
1) Detector Jr. & New Warrior vs Camorra Jr. & El Judicial
2) Daisy Crazzy & Sexy Libre vs Dulce Paola & Varita de Nardo
3) Arana Cibernetica I & Arana Cibernetica II vs Black Boy & Dorado Jr.
4) Eterno, Piloto Negro, Piloto Suicida vs ?, ??, Psycho
They forgot to list the second half of the main event, but we do know the shows are going to start one hour early because it’s cold.
CMLL (SUN) 01/11 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Astaroth & Saturno vs Milenio & Relampago
2) Carlo Roggi vs Ebola, Depredador [hair]
3) Angel de Oro, Casanova, Neutrón vs Exterminador, Máscara Mágica, Satánico
4) Mascara Dorada vs Dragon Rojo Jr.
5) Héctor Garza, Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara vs Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Main event is not listed as a title match but may turn out to be. Semimain could be pleasantly good or completely self destruct and there may be no in-between.
There was the Dos Caras Jr./Atlantis/Wagner triangle match here back in October. The last triangle hair match (which I assume this is, by the “triangle de muerte” name) here was on 12/18/05 with the local Dagner, Chris Stone, and Okumura.
CMLL (MON) 01/12 Arena Puebla
1) Akira & Super Star vs Aguila Guerrera & Mr. Rafaga
2) Asturiano, Black Tiger (Puebla), Centella de Oro vs Camorra, Inquisidor, Pólvora
3) Bam Bam, Mascarita Dorada, Shockercito vs Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
4) Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara vs Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
5) Héctor Garza, La Sombra, Shocker vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
May be a unmasked debut for one of those minis.
CMLL (TUE) 01/13 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Quazar vs Katana
2) Palacio Negro vs Acertijo
3) Virgo vs Thunder Boy
4) Hijo del Faraon vs Malefico
5) Magnum vs Rafaga
6) Angel de Oro & Mictlán vs Satánico & Semental
7) Héctor Garza, La Sombra, Mark Corleone vs Atlantis, Euforia, Último Guerrero
This isn’t as interesting.