Skip this one. There’s been a ton of matches with the opening match guys recently, and I think all of them have been better than this one. And the main event was just a serious of crowd pleasing bits, not an actual competition of psuedo-fighting. This was all kinda pointless.
CMLL CAN52 GdR #79 has
Mascara Purpura Apocalipsis, Mictlan vs Euforia, Nosferatu, Virus
05/18: Dr. Wagner & Marco Corelone vs Atlanits & Ultimo Guerrero
AAA is airing the scheduled match, though my listed order is way off it appears. They’re very much into doing backstage skits this week.
CMLL Main Show seems to have
05/20: Tigre Blanco,
Tigre Metalico Kid Tiger, Tony Rivera vs Dr. X, Hooligan, Nitro
05/25: Averno vs Ephesto, Virus, Texano Jr., Leono, Loco Max, Valiente, Sagrado, Heavy Metal, Black Warrior [ciber, LdP]
05/25: Dr. Wagner Jr., Lizmark Jr., Mistico vs Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila, Terrible
Did I get the right Tigre there? I’m tired.
Arturo Rivera is back commentating because the tapings don’t conflict this week.
Matches are just filler for the Perro Los Cinco Magnificos video packages this week, it seems.
Would you believe they finally totally turned Lizmark Jr. rudo? I guess it counts when he backstabs Mistico.
CMLL (FRI) 05/25 Arena Mexico [ovaciones, ESTO]
1) Brillante, Flash, Super Nova b Apocalipsis, Hooligan, Ramstein
2) Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Negro Casas DQ Mephisto, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
3) Sagrado b Averno, Ephesto, Virus, Texano Jr., Leono, Loco Max, Valiente, Heavy Metal, Black Warrior [ciber, LdP]
4) Dr. Wagner Jr., Lizmark Jr., MÃstico DQ HÃ©ctor Garza, Mr. Ãguila, Terrible
Rudos won the first fall of the main event, tecnicos took the second. Much like with Black Warrior, Mistico actually hit Lizmark in the third, and Lizmark Jr. soon turned on him. Perro Jr. made an appearance and beating up Mistico with a katana (a wood one, but still – ??) and ripping up his mask. Lizmark Jr. is now a member of Los Perros del Mal. (Perro and Aguila’s team from the circus stunt show was also at the show, but they did not actually join in the beatdown.)
The whole Lizmark Jr. rudo turn is so odd. They’d take a couple steps in that direction, they’d forget about it for seemingly months, and then they’d move towards it again. CMLL teased this particular feud in late April on the GdR shows, but did nothing with it till last night and I had given up on it.
This gives CMLL a nice alternate plan for the big Summer Mistico match, if Perro can’t or doesn’t want to do the hair match quite yet. There was talk Lizmark Jr. could’ve lost his mask last summer (in a tag match with his father against Averno & Mephisto), so it’s not a stretch to imagine him losing it to Mistico this year.
As expected, Sagrado wins this block of Leyenda de Plata, and earns the right to lose to set up a Mistico match next week. First four out were Leono, Loco Max, Texano Jr., Valiente. Ephesto and Averno were in together, and ended up battling to a double DQ with mask ripping and fouls – something’s up here, but it’s not exactly clear. Black Warrior was eliminated by Virus, and Sagrado beat both Virus and Metal for the win.
Sangre ripped off Blue Panther’s mask in the segunda.
CMLL (TUE) 05/29 Arena Coliseo
1) Mini Olimpico & Ultimo Dragoncito vs Mini Damian 666 & Mini Halloween
2) Sensei, Stuka Jr., Tony Rivera vs Caligula, Hooligan, Messala
3) Felino, Mascara Purpura, Mictlan vs Euforia, Loco Max, Nosferatu
4) Heavy Metal, Maximo, Rey Bucanero vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Volador Jr. vs Ultimo Guerrero
I hope that main event eventually gets redone for TV.
CMLL (FRI) 06/01 Arena Mexico
1) Neutron, Stuka Jr., Super Nova vs Arkangel, Loco Max, Nitro
2) Leono, Mascara Purpura, Valiente vs Goto, Ohara, Okumura
3) Blue Panther, Lizmark Jr., Rey Bucanero vs Damian 666, Halloween, Terrible
4) Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V vs Atlantis, Olimpico, Sangre Azteca
5) Mr. Aguila vs Sagrado [LdP, sf]
If you didn’t yelp something negative when you saw the Villano names there, than you’re much better than I. Unless we’re going to find out this week that this is their last match as a unit ever, I’m not sure what they’re doing here.
Looks like the Metro stuff is done, at least with Neutron. Good that the pointless Lizmark turns again match is in the dead spot. In context, Mr. Aguila vs Sagrado main eventing Arena Mexico makes sense, but I don’t how they’re going to draw anyone to this show. Could’ve used a much stronger semimain, and I think the Villanos are close to being it.
CMLL (SUN) 06/03 Arena Coliseo
1) Rayo Tapatio I & Rayo Tapatio II vs Artillero & Zayco
2) Brillante, Trueno, Valiente vs Apocalipsis, Ramstein, Super Comando
3) Dark Angel, Diana La Cazadora, Lady Apache vs Amapola, Medusa, Princesa Sujei
4) Mascara Purpura, Maximo, Volador Jr. vs Satanico, Texano Jr., Virus
5) Blue Panther, Marco Corelone, Negro Casas vs Atlantis, Olimpico, Tarzan Boy
We know it’s one of those three semimian rudos feuding with Maximo, we just have no idea which one since they’re all there this week as well.
TV notes much later
I’d like to just forget this taping and give them the benefit of the doubt because of the rain. The rain did lead to a great Joe Lider hilarious blown spot/near death experience, so I can’t be angry at the rain. This show just didn’t have much for me.
2nd match: Runs in mean a DQ (because that’s the plot point)
3rd match: Runs in mean no DQ (because that’s the plot point)
Had to be the same guy booking both matches, so…I dunno. (Maybe it’s the amount of people? Maybe it’s the time they hang around? Maybe there are very specific DQ rules?) I guess they figure the people will accept it. It’s awful dumb to me.
What’s Zorro’s belt? Click the continued link for photo investigation!
I’m not blown away by Brillante, but he’s fair enough addition to the roster. He seems as good as Stuka already – the stereo Asai moonsaults make me hope that those two are teamed up for a mythical Arena Coliseo Tag Team Title Tournament. He’s obviously young, still learning, needing a unique look (he’s a bit too Mistico/Sagrado-ish) and I’m not sure that he’s much better than the dozen constant opener guys he leapfrogged for this spot, but you could do far worse.
Main event was a Wagner main event paint by numbers-ish.
Both matches were okay->good, I thought. It confuses me how the rudas seem to lose everything to the tecnica women, but the tecnica women are already the stars. Maybe they’re just killing time in the division for a while. I wonder what was up with Marcela using La Mistica. I’m sure you have to get permission to use, because no one does – but then, why here? Why her? It’s probably just a random thing I’m over thinking – like Averno going with half Rencor Latino gear on CAN52 this week.
Main event was your usual random assortment of midcarders. Heavy Metal and Sangre Azteca are like 70% of the way to switching body sizes. Both looked a little off here.
ESTO has an interview with Mistico today. He says he’s at 80% – 85%, but can not raise his left arm completely. That sounds not good. It also sounds like surgery might still be an option; he says he do it if not for the support of the fans. He’s happy he’s facing Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila and Terrible tonight, because he figures if he was facing rivals like Averno, Mephisto or Perro Aguayo Jr., they’d attack the injury shoulder and put him out for a long time. On the other hand, La Presna (and I) figure anyone who’s facing Mistico will be samrt enough to attack that shoulder.
Here’s the lineup:
CMLL (FRI) 05/25 Arena Mexico
1) Brillante, Flash, Super Nova vs Apocalipsis, Hooligan, Ramstein
2) Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Negro Casas vs Mephisto, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
3) Averno vs Ephesto, Virus, Texano Jr., Leono, Loco Max, Valiente, Sagrado, Heavy Metal, Black Warrior [ciber, LdP]
4) Dr. Wagner Jr., Lizmark Jr., Mistico vs Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila, Terrible
Sagrado’s totally winning. They’re saying Mistico being listed was a “programming error”. Nah. I think they would’ve kept Mistico here if everyone had been healthy, to do another Perro/Mistico match. Since it’s Aguila instead, they’re going to have him at least get one big singles win over a Mistico-alike. I think it’s conceivable Aguila will even beat Mistico, if they want a longer program while Perro is out. If Mistico looks hurt, it’s even more likely – might as well have Aguila beat him up on the way out to set up a much easier to do Mistico/Aguila mask/hair match down the road, they just need to build Aguila up to that level.
indy (SUN) 05/27 La Feira de Puebla [El Sol de Puebla]
1) El Hijo del Santo, Super Feria, Super Kiss vs La Serpiente, Monje Loco, Tarahumara
CMLL (SUN) 05/20 Coliseo Coacalco [Black Terry Jr. @ box y lucha]
1) Black Terror, Estigma, Niebla Negra II, Strom b Ave Nocturna, Buitre, Huizar, Super Cometa
2) Rudy Garduno b Niebla Negra I [PROLUM]
3) Black Spider, Black Terry, Celta King, Negro Navarro b Rey de Corazones, Star Boy, Strom, Yakuza
4) India Sioux & Medussa DQ Amapola & Princea Sujei
5) Alex Koslov, Magnifico, Shocker b Atlantis, Efesto, Ultimo Guerrero
Medussa replaced Dark Angel, and naturally turned on her rival India. Efesto started to walk out for his match with no mask on before realizing his mistake. Efesto is a goofball.
AAA (SUN) 05/27 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [rfc]
1) Mercurio, Orus, Virtual X vs Karis, Ramses (Monterrey), The Mummy
2) Mascarita Divina & Sexi Star vs Fabi Apache & Mini Chessman
3) Antifaz & Psicsois II vs Hator & Monsther
4) Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, La Parka Jr. vs Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz
I don’t think Parka’s making this date – it was just a couple days ago where he was way behind schedule. I believe Sexi Star is (or was) out injuried as well. I presume the Mummy split angle has to do with Ramses using his powers as (long dead) egypitian pharoh to take mental control over two of the mummys. Actually, that’s just what I hope the angle is.
CMLL LLA (SUN) 05/27 Gimnasio Nuevo Leon [rfc]
1) Furor & Galactar vs Marrullero & Voltaje Negro
2) Bengali, Cats, Raiden vs Flecha Azul, Koko Viper, Memo Valle
3) Rey Hechizero & Tigre Universitario vs Potro Jr. & Silver Star
4) Stuka Jr. vs Loco Max [super libre]
5) Alex Koslov & Marco Corelone vs Mascara Ano 2000 & Universo 2000
CMLL (MON) 05/28 Arena Puebla [hugo999]
1) Blue Center, Forajio, King Jaguar vs La Mafia, Mr. Rafaga, Murcielago
2) Brillante, Legionario, the Tiger vs Maniacop, Negro Navarro, Siki Osama
3) Euforia, Loco Max, Nosferatu vs Leono, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
4) Alex Koslov, Mistico, Rey Bucanero vs Averno, Black Warrior, Tarzan Boy
5) Marco Corelone vs Ultimo Guerrero
They’ve been building to that main event for weeks.
MEXICANAL, a tiny channel on DirecTV’s spanish language package, is filming a pilot for a half hour lucha libre show. It should air about a month before the full length season debut, if it gets picked up (which would be a 26 episode load.) The blurb I’m reading about this calls it both lucha libre and “amateur wrestling”, so I dunno what’s going on here. (Thanks to mikeinformer.)
Lourdes Grobets lucha photography will be exhbitied in Madrid, Spain from 05/31 to 07/08.
Milenio has an article on the Blue Demon energy drink as Coca-Cola’s attempt to market to Hispanics.
Box Y Lucha #2819 has Perro and his leg cast.
AAAUS: The big Zorro deal-e-bob. If you somehow don’t know what’s happening, you’re really anti-spoiler and I praise you. According to the latest Observer, the post-cage match angle here got a 10.2 rating, whatever that means.
GdR: what a weird show – women’s match, random visiting Japanese
FSE: You know how FSE’s listings are a week behind, for whatever reason? I got the idea to check NEXT week’s listings, which oddly enough do have a description, saying Felino vs Pierroth. So that match will air, and yet more New Infernales on the undercard.
AAAMEX: Wait, someone turned at the Grand Traitor show? Gosh!
CMLLMEX: They’ve got to show LdP, they’ve got to show Mistico’s return match (and if he doesn’t return, it’s the apocalypse and I don’t mean Koreano). Probably the Double Tigre match from Coliseo.
The good thing is we should be able to figure all the results from Sunday besides the opener, because it doesn’t seem like we’re getting the results any time soon another way.
In today’s Ovaciones, IWRG announced they’ve been picked up by television station in PCTV, who will be in charge of recording the shows. Shows start taping on 05/29, with a show from Arena Solidaridad.
IWRG (TUE) 05/29 Arena Solidaridad
1) India Sioux & Lady Apache vs Hiroka & Mima Shimoda
2) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Suicida vs Kai, Sasaki, Yamato [IWRG IC TRIOS]
3) LA Park, Mascara Sagrada, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Fantasma, Hijo de Cien Caras, Mascara 2000
4) Alex Koslov, Mistico, Negro Navarro vs Black Warrior, Damian 666, Mr. Aguila
They’ll still be airing on AMY Sport.
Ovaciones posted a list of known injuries
– Perro: right knee
– Mistico: left shoulder
– Mesias: left shoulder (seems to be back alreadyw)
– La Mascara: hand fracture (4 to 6 weeks)
– Sahori: left knee strain (15 days)
– Marcela: hip (10 days)
– Tarzan Boy: knee pain (2 days)
CMLL (FRI) 05/25 Arena Neza Lineup [Rudos de Neza]
1) Brazo Jr. & Kid Tiger vs Dr. Trauma & Puma King
2) Pequeno Olimpico & Shockercito vs Pequeno Violencia & Pierrothito
3) Starman & Tigre Metalico vs Dr. X & Nitro
4) Felino, Maximo, Volador Jr. vs Olimpico, Ramstein, Tarzan Boy
5) Rey Bucanero & Shocker vs Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero
Shining Road notes mysterious new AJPW wrestler Yamada has been selling Hijo de Pierroth merchandise at the shows, which would seem to indicate that it’s him under the mask (who else would want it?) But, we’ve got Hijo de Pierroth working the 05/15 Coliseo show at the same time as that tour. Maybe it’s Pierroth Jr.?
IWRG (SAT) 05/19 Deportivo Moctezuma [KrisZ]
1) Golem b Puma King
2) Ninja de Fuego & Pegaso (indy) b Comando Mega & Volcan Negro
3) Antaris, Hombra Arana, Pegasso (indy) b Kraneo, Rambo Jr., Vampiro Metalico
4) Bacteria & Celestial b Avisman & Kid Tiger [ri, losers advance]
5) Celestial b Bacteria [hair]
6) Alex Koslov & Marco Corelone b Misterioso Jr. & Universo 2000
I’m running behind on things…