CMLL (TUE) 10/20 Arena Mexico [ESTO]
5) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto DQ Naito, Ray Mendoza Jr., Yujiro
More tomorrow, I hope.
CMLL (TUE) 10/20 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Acertijo & Ebola b El Divino & Saturno
2) Ángel del Mal & Drago b Hierro & Palacio Negro
3) Lady Apache & Marcela b Hiroka & Princesa Blanca
4) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máximo b Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
5) Black Warrior, Terrible, Texano Jr. b Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza, Shocker
Porky is back. And on the losing side. Texano got in a foul on Garza.
Semimain ended with Sangre and Mascara in the ring, and you can put the rest together. Saturno took himself out on a dive in the opener, leaving his partner to go 1 on 2.
Wrestler Gran Davis Jr. was murdered this past week. He’s been wrestling in Laguna recently (including in a couple hair matches last month, as well as working as butcher, and is the son of the famous referee. Gran Davis Jr., who also wrestled as Tor-Ver, was really Osvaldo Patino Cabrera, 34 years old. He was one of three men who’s bodies were found dumped in a box outside of a school. Osvaldo and another man where last thought to be going to a bar, riding in the third man’s taxi. The news reports say there were signs of torture.
Rey Bucanero will not be back until 2010. Rey tore his ACL in his left knee hurt back in May, and was expected to be out over six months, so this is a slight push back. Bucanero explains the doctor will probably clear him to return in December, but it’ll take a while to get back in ring shape, so he may not make it back in 2009. Rey wants another match with Ephesto so they can go all the way to the outcome. In the mean time, he’s promoting another nightclub show on 10/30 in Tecamac.
Is this AAA’s twitter account? Or someone else pretending? Or will this be already clear by the time I posted it? Need to update the links to add on
Bolivian Wrestling has photos of South American champion Javier Lee.
R De Rudo has photos of a Matematico exhibition at Blue Demon Jr.’s gallery. That mask at the end with 6s for eyes and 8s for noses and mouths is the best.
The governor of Colima honored wrestler TNT, at a presentation of a documentary about TNT’s life.
Hijo del Santo spoke about ocean conservation at the California Science Cetner yesterday. There’s video at the link.
El Sol de Tulancingo profiles retired wrestler Sombra del Peru.
Box Y Lucha #2944 has Black Warrior bald.
Luchas 2000 #492 has Warrior bald and Dragoncito hurt. Dragoncito hands, arms, and face all look burnt or bruised – he looks in rough shape. There’s also an interview with Cassandro where he accuses TNA of being homophobic, and Leobrado Magadan’s column where he rips Dos Caras Jr. and WWE for having him wrestle unmasked in FCW.
CMLL (MON) 10/26 Arena Puebla
1) Karisma & Policeman vs Asturiano & Centella de Oro
2) Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia vs Bracito de Oro, Eléctrico, Shockercito
3) Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca vs Máximo, Metro, Rouge
4) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto vs Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Valiente
5) Ray Mendoza Jr., Terrible, Texano Jr. vs La Sombra, Strong Man, Volador Jr.
CMLL’s started to refer Electrico as “Pequeno Electrico” the last week. Nothing like being your own mini.