IWRG (WED) 08/20/2014Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Matrix Jr. b Látigo
2) Atomic Star & Electro Boy b Omega & Sky Ángel
3) Dragón Celestial b Hip Hop Man Dragon Celestial wants that title mathc.
4) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno b Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo Dr. Cerebro accidentally hit Veneno in the third, but Black Terry still beat Diablo and challenged for a trios title shot.
5) Alan Extreme & Metaleon b Golden Magic & Relámpago and Ironía & Yakuza and Ciclon Black & Tony Rivera Team IWRG vs Team AULL vs Neza Boy vs Team FILL. Rivera’s team was the first team out, but came out to cause Golden Magic & Relampago to be elimination. Team Neza tried to get Alan beat too but he hung onto beat Yakuza.
Tonight’s CMLL show has Block B of the CMLL Universal tournament. Sombra has said he doesn’t care who wins or even if he wins the whole thing, as long as he ends up humiliating someone. We’ll see how serious he’s about that if Volador makes it far in the block. Ultimo Guerrero, Volador and Dragon Rojo are the favorites, but really Ultimo Guerrero is the favorite. The Ingobernables face Shocker, Casas and Rey Escorpion in the main event.
The Museo Interactive de Economia will be holding an International Seminar on Performance of Lucha Libre Mexico running from September 20th to November 29th. It costs $3,405 ($260 USD) and it’s four and half hours a morning every Saturday. I wonder if one could just drop in on day one.
Nitro is already planning his 2015 trip to France.
Lucha Libre in Japan
4) Syuri [O] & Kyoko Kimura b Marcela [X] & Silueta
5) Yumiko Hotta & La Comandate [X]
[REINA TAG] b Aliya & Makoto [O] – champs fall on second defense
CMLL called it a Black Day for Mexico in Japan. It’s the end of Comandante in Japan, though she challenged for a rematch anyway. Syuri pinning Marcela sets up a title match.
7) Maki Narumiya (c) vs Silueta [REINA INTL JR]
– title rematch
8) Marcela (c) vs Syuri [CMLL WOMEN]
– 11th known defense
Starfire made it to Japan for the Stardom 5GP.
IWRG (SUN) 08/24/2014Arena Naucalpan
1) Black Niko & Galaxy vs Atomic Star & Capitán Muerte
2) Emperador Azteca & Látigo vs Matrix Jr. & Zurdog
3) Black Terry, Imposible, Metaleon vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Golden Magic, Relámpago, Veneno vs Cien Caras Jr., Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
5) Kenshi Kabuki, Máscara Sagrada, Pantera vs Canis Lupus, Demon Clown, Eterno
A show. Terry has different partners this time against the Gringos.
Toryumon Mexico (SUN) 09/07/2014Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca, Ciudad México, Distrito Federal
1) Daisuke Hanaoka & Douki vs Fiero & Monarca Azul
2) Lady Afrodita & Lluvia vs Amapola & Reina Isis
3) Hijo Del Villano III & Super Ciudadano vs Maquiavelico & Patan
4) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo
5) Magnus, Solar I, Último Dragón vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
Main Event Magnus and some other people. Dragon might have run out of time to get the mask match with Ultimo Guerrero.
Semimain is the crankiest match possible.
CMLL (SAT) 09/13/2014 Deportivo Tabasco, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
Fire, Sombrita, Pequeno Sayama, Panterita, Mascsarita Ano 2000, Ultratumbita, and others will appear – any mini (with some CMLL history) in shouting distance might end up on this Mini Division Anniversary celebration. It’s also a free show, start at noon.
indy (SUN) 09/28/2014Arena Coliseo Monterrey ***ColiseoMania II***
1) ? & Niño Hamburguesa vs Erika Sotelo & Larry Miranda
2) Ninja Jr., Silencio, Ultimo Ninja vs Hombre Sin Miedo, Misionero, Tigre Cota
3) Principe Franky vs Tigre Universitario, Monje Negro Jr., Cachorro Zapata, Pancho Tequila, Ángel Dorado Jr., Optimus, Principe de Oro [mask, hair, WWA MIDDLE]
4) Chessman & Zorro vs Golden Boy & Rey Demonio Jr.
5) Angélico, Dralion, Jack Evans vs Caifan, Rico Rodriguez, Simbolo
6) Cibernético & Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Averno & Myzteziz [Relevos Increíbles]
Full lineup for the show that’s already been hyped. Main event is going to be a thing. Second match could be good.
AAA-Televisa: Matches from TripleMania! Maybe check AAA’s site to find out which one, maybe guess the first two and Alberto’s first speech. Show is listed as starting 10-15 minutes early depending on the source.
== CMLL ==
FOX2: CMLL Univesral Block A, and whatever else they have time for.
52MX: Omar Brunetti vs Disturbio, hair vs hair
Claro: Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Escorpion vs Sombra, Mascara, Rush
C3: Marco, Maximo, Stuka vs Ephesto, Mephsito, Shocker
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Again, there are a lot of listings listed – Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday! – but who knows if a new episode will air.
Lucha Azteca: Rey Escorpion vs Dragon Rojo and Ingonberables vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Ultimo Guerrero
Terra Sunday: Azul, Marco, Valiente vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
== Other ==
Noches de Coliseo: Random matches from last weekend?
IWRG (LAS/AYM): Four way tag match, Dragon Celestial vs Hip Hop Man
CMLL (TUE) 08/19/2014Arena México [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Leono & Metatrón b Akuma & Espanto Jr.
2) Canelo Casas, Guerrero Negro Jr., Hijo del Signo b Molotov, Sensei, Star Jr. Rudos took 1/3
3) Cancerbero, Nitro, Raziel b Esfinge, Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. Rudos took 1/3
4) Black Panther b Arkángel de la Muerte [lightning] Black Panther snuck in the armbar to win in 5:48.
5) Delta, Tritón, Valiente DQ Pierroth, Puma, Tiger Tecnicos took 2/3. Tiger fouled Valiente.
6) Ephesto, Mephisto, Shocker DQ Marco Corleone, Máximo, Stuka Jr. Tecnicos took 1/3. Shocker fouled Maximo and faked a foul to draw a DQ.
CMLL (TUE) 08/19/2014Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Inquisidor & Jocker b El Divino & Robin Rudos took 1/3.
2) Dragon Lee, Leo, Omar Brunetti b Boby Zavala, Disturbio, Sádico Tencicos took 1/3.
3) Diamante Azul, Gallo, Super Porky b Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Ripper Rudos took 2/3.
4) Titán b Gran Guerrero Titan got the win.
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush ?? Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas Tecnicos took fall 1, no further updates.
Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Twitter listed the Ingobernables winning the first fall by beating Casas, RT-ed the Arena Mexico results (for the 4% of people who follow the Guadalajara Twitter but not the main CMLL one but still desire CMLL DF results?) and then no more updates. I guess we find out who won when it turns up on TV.
Low turnout for this show (maybe a little bit better than the Arena Aficion shows with locals, a little less than the low drawing CMLL shows here; possibly the building may just be dead for whatever reason.) BBoy is notably missing. His Twitter doesn’t mention missing DTU but doesn’t mention actually going to DTU in the first place. The DTU guys were guests on last night’s Tercera Caida, and the show had separate interviews with Violento Jack, Ovett, Septimo Dragon and Willie Mack.
Last night’s CMLL Informa had Mistico, Princesa Sugehit, Estrellita and La Sombra. I wasn’t around to watch it, but if Mistico is really pushing to make the Anniversary show (two months ahead of schedule), then Chessman is off the hook for stupidest decision of the week. Mistico returning is going to sell few tickets and it’s going to be an audience that’s going to be predisposed to hate all new acts in generally but especially Mistico II. That’s not even getting into the short term and long term health issues of rushing a guy back who’s already had health problems. CMLL’s bordering on abuse if they let Mistico come back back early, even if that’s what he wants to do.
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter confirms the date for the AAA USA tapings are 09/06 and 09/07. It’s unclear how many shows this will cover. Fenix is the only wrestler listed from AAA Mexico mentioned as working the show right now. It’s not a complete list, but other wrestlers include Ricky Reyes, Joey Ryan, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Hernandez, and the ex-John Morrison and unnamed women’s wrestlers. Obviously, anyone on AAA’s taping in Pachuca won’t be on these shows.
The WON also talks about the Alberto del Rio situation in depth. The short version is Alberto’s lawyers don’t think the non-competes – both the 1 year in the US and the 90 day anywhere – will actually hold up in court. He’s planning on taking US booking shortly (though he’s charging a lot for them so maybe won’t be working so many.) Alberto’s contract would’ve expired in February 2015 and he and his wife had decided it wasn’t worth fighting the firing until they were told of the 1 year no compete. It’s said John Cena, Big Show, and Randy Orton all offered to speak to management to get Alberto back in WWE, and HHH told Alberto he’d be brought back in six months if nothing else happened, but Alberto told them all he was not interested in returning to WWE.
Meltzer, between the newsletter and a podcast, pretty much said Rey Misterio’s appearance on TripleMania was an effort to get himself fired from WWE so he could actually go to AAA. That didn’t work, and the general idea is Misterio has done multiple things that would get everyone else in the company fired, but WWE has just ignored them because they don’t want to let him go to AAA. (Originally, Rey and HHH had a handshake agreement that Rey would able to leave at the end of his contract, and Rey was surprised to find out his contract was automatically renewed. AAA was probably caught off guard at the same time.) The idea was the video was for just a little bit to turn on the iPPV as a viral tease and the whole thing only to be seen live; it didn’t quite work out that way due the iPPV issues.
The newsletter also has a strange recap of the show, as if it was mostly drawn from a script of what was supposed to happen in each match and not by what actually happened (where very different things actually happened.)
AAA posted this week’s TV from Teziutlan. The Psycho Clown/Texano Jr. road to TripleMania videos were very well done, I wish they just started airing them a lot farther out than one day before the show. They added a lot of footage from the Alberto del Rio press conference, which probably required a lot of last minute editing of the show, but they also really were missing some sort of Event Center match by match hype for TripleMania. Dr. Wagner was shown and the announcers brought up the four way, but even just a graphic would’ve helped and I’m not sure they ever mentioned the cruiserweight match or really pushed the cage one. AAA got 100% of what they could’ve out of Psycho/Texano and of Alberto, but the other matches needed better promotion.
Taya will have surgery this week after Faby Apache did a number on her nose; she suffered a double fracture (and now also has black eyes.) From watching the match, it seemed like Faby really didn’t go out of her way to protect Taya’s nose after it was broke – she got dropped on her face a few more times.
Electrico wants to challenge Virus for the World Lightweight championship. He figures since he beat Espiritu Maligno, who normally wrestles in the main division, and Virus used to be a mini, it’s not too much of a reach.
Pagano won the NGX Extremo championship on their show this weekend. He came in with a knee injury and didn’t have a good match, but ended Extreme Tiger’s seven year title reign. (Tiger didn’t get pinned, and only defended the title three times in that run.)
CMLL (TUE) 08/26/2014Arena México
1) Flyer & Leono vs Apocalipsis & Camorra
2) Magnus, Molotov, Sensei vs Hijo del Signo, Inquisidor, Nitro
3) La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Skadi vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
4) Black Panther, Starman, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
5) Marco Corleone, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Boby Zavala, Kráneo, Tiger
6) Máximo vs Shocker
Maximo/Shocker should be something. Fourth match could be good, though it’s some guys working much higher than usual. Lluvia is the tecnica veteran in Comandante’s first match in Arena Mexico since May; that should be a thing to see.
CMLL (TUE) 08/26/2014Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metatrón & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
2) Astral, Meteoro, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Gallo, Super Porky, Tritón vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Kamaitachi, Skándalo
4) La Máscara & Máscara Dorada vs Ephesto & Mephisto
5) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Rey Escorpión, Último Guerrero
Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero. Too bad they can’t trade Triton and Mascara for a better card.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/07/2014Lienzo Charro, Pachuca, Hidalgo 1) Dinastía, Ludxor, Venum vs El Apache, Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro 2) Bengala & Faby Apache vs Eterno & Taya Valkyrie 3) Aerostar vs Súper Fly 4) Argenis, Jack Evans, Joe Lider vs Daga, Demon Rocker, Hijo de Pirata Morgan 5) ? & Psycho Clown vs Averno & Texano Jr. 6) Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo
Air Date: 09/13 and 09/20
The last Myzteziz/Perro Aguayo match was July 2008 in Arena Puebla. (Perro won.) That was the year CMLL seemed to be planning to do the mask versus hair match, only Perro was hurt on a reality show and quit to start Perros del Mal instead of returning. It seems like match which ought to be saved for a bigger show (but then, it happened in Arena Puebla so they weren’t exactly saving it then either.) That match should be something.
I don’t think the mystery person in the semimain is Alberto, but I’m sure AAA would be happy if you thought it could be. Working backwards: Texano versus Alberto seems a good bet for December, which means Texano could probably use a win before hand at Heroes Inmortales to rebound, except you wouldn’t want it to be Psycho Clown again because it’s been done and it’d be counter productive, so the mystery guy might end up being the next challenger. Maybe Mesias is in that spot? Maybe Wagner faces/loses to Texano as part of his deal for coming back? That would be my new favorite AAA deal.
Four match is a weird assortment of people, names pulled out of the hat situation. It’s so random that maybe there’s some method to the madness which might be revealed later? I hope for too much.
Vampiro and Hugo, who’s microphones live on the iPPV feed about 10 minutes prior to the show and were not informed of this, read notes about how Aerostar/Super Fly was supposed to a point of emphasis in the opener. The plan was for them to actually go somewhere with this Sunday, though it’s always subject to change. Aerostar and Super Fly can force the issue with a good match here.
First two matches could be good. Taya and Faby feud should go on for quite some time. Dinastia is a slightly different partner for Ludxor and Venum than recent pal Nino Hamburguesa. Cool that Mamba can be in matches without fellow exoticos.
Fantasma got his big win, may go a month without TV appearances. So it goes in AAA land. There’s so many guys who belong on TV and not enough places for them under the current format.
That taping schedule means AAA should be next taping around the CMLL Anniversary show weekend. Maybe around Mexico City?
CMLL announced the 09/19 CMLL Anniversary show would include a Copa 81 Aniversario with Princesa Sugehit, Marcela, Goya Kong, Estrellita, Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis and Dalys. It’s not specifically said to be a cibernetico but Copas usually are. It’s nice to see the women are being included, but it’s also not a match that’s going to sell more tickets on the face of it. The press release implies matches will be added to the card regularly prior to 09/19, instead of just all being dropped at once closer to the show.
DTU’s run of shows start today in Arena Aficion. Main event is an Angel o Demonio/Ovett title match. There will be blood.
The #1 on CMLL’s top 10 list is CMLL. Not sure about the voting there. Kraneo is #10. The #10 is more fun each week because there’s usually only 7-9 good ideas but it’s a top 10 list. They have to get creative.
A story on Guatemala lucha libre. The writer visited a Corporacion AAA show. There are often posters for that arena, Arena Coliseo Guatemala, and Arena Guatemala Mexico.
CMLL (MON) 08/25/2014Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, Black Tiger, Milenium vs Artillero, El Rebelde, Súper Comando
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Blue Center, King Jaguar, Metálico
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón vs Morphosis, Olímpico, Ripper
4) Marco Corleone, Super Porky, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
5) Volador Jr. vs Rey Escorpión
Volador and Rey Escorpion have split their two previous singles matches.
Rebelde returns in the opener, which narrows suspicion for Hombre sin Nombre. Also, that opener could be pretty good.
I haven’t got all the missing videos from last week and I’m uncertain when I’ll be able to share them. More important obligations mean the TV versions of CMLL C3, CMLL Fox and AAA won’t be posted regularly for at least the next month, and maybe a little longer than that. Instead, I’ll start breaking up Lucha Azteca into matches (next week, since this week is taken care of) and I’ll see what I can do about recording the web feeds for the other shows.
Monterrey was all reruns. Puebla returned, but it was also a rerun. A very slow week.
The TripleManiaTV iPPV is working now, so I wont’ be posting the PPV here.
Lucha Azteca (CMLL): 2014-08-16
taped 2014-08-01 @ Arena México
Full Show: http://ul.to/7y5l7kkb
1) Marcela & Princesa Sugehit vs La Seductora & Princesa Blancafor the mask and for the hair
2) Rush vs Negro Casas,hair vs hair