- let’s hope they don’t edit Kamaitachi and Dragon Lee on CMLL Claro
- AAA is finally airing something beyond TripleMania. Hooray. It’s probably a good show, though I have no idea what’s going to air.
- Marcela vs Zeuxis on CMLL Puebla should be very good as well
CMLL (TUE) 09/01/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Exterminador & Maléfico b Magnum & Metatrón
2) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Esfinge, Pegasso, Starman
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Metálico b Omar Brunetti [lightning]
Metalico used the ropes to win. Omar demanded a hair match and Metalico accepted.
4) Ángel de Oro, Stuka Jr., Super Porky b Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Terrible
Tecnicoss took 2/3
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Valiente DQ Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
Tecnicos took 1/3, the last with Niebla fouling Marco. That sets up a singles match with them next week.
IWRG FILL (WED) 09/02/2015 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores, The Gladiatores]
1) Adrenalina & Vardeus b Centella Orietnal & Chicanito
2) Magnum 44, Power Bull, Vampiro Metálico b Blue Metal, Blue Monsther, Omega
Omega seems to have lost his partner Alfa, which supports the idea Alfa is now Barba Roja Jr.
3) Freyser, Hijo del Alebrije, Super Jack b Acero, Galaxy, Kanon
Freyser and Galaxy feuded.
4) Aeroman, Diablo Jr. I, Eternus b Alas de Acero, Aramis, Atomic Star
Eternus beat Atomic and Aeroman beat Aramis for the win
5) Black Terry, Dragón Fly, Voltar b Apolo Estrada, Oficial AK47, Toxin Boy
Gym FILL defeats Gym Zeus, with Apolo Estrada replaced Pikachu. Toxin Boy fought Black Terry a lot and got credit for the effort.
6) Oficial 911 b Eterno
one fall main event, bloody brawl. 911 won with a Gory Special. Post match challenges included hair versus hair and loser leaves Arena Naucalpan.
This follows the Super Nova/Golden Magic challenge for mask matches; both would be big matches in the world of IWRG if they actually occur.
In an interview from Monday, La Mascara says he’s excited to be part of the Anniversary show. A couple of days later, he’s not on the card. I’m assuming most people didn’t know if they were or were not on the show until yesterday. Mascara says the Ingobernables should not trust Dr. Wagner and he shouldn’t be considered a member.
Prior to the card announcement, Apolo Valdes was critical of how little build Sombra/Atlantis had but acknowledged it’s picked up steam since being announced.
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletters mentions AAA will not be doing another US/Canada PPV. I’m more surprised they were still trying; given the reaction to the last show, and the lack of any blow away show soon, it’s only the hardcore people who are going to watch and those people are likely to go with the iPPV. Heroes Inmortales will be better than TripleMania, because it only can be, but that’s a build up show to Guerra de Titanes and they need to wait until they have an event that’ll stand on it’s own.
Tirantes isn’t all bad; Rey Apocalipsis credits him with helping him get into Arena Puebla. Rey Apocalispis’s uncle was Apocalipsis I and his father was Apocalipsis II, so he started out as Kid Apocalipsis with the plan to just drop the kid. He noticed there were many Apocalipsis already, including the one in CMLL, so he decided it would be a better idea to add the Rey.
Mesias says he’s against Fenix and all the young luchadors.
Dr. Cerbero says he was going to have knee surgery and retire until he discovered osteopathy, and now he helps others.
Dark Fire talks about his debut in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara, says the whole experience went great and he and Payaso Infernal were told they’d be brought back.
Rey Horus vs Dralion was announced for the 10/03 debut show for Riot Wrestling Alliance in Monterrey.
Ciudad Juarez’s X-Tasis talks about finishing third in the luchador bodybuilding contest. He mentions there were two people from CMLL in his weight division; they were apparently eliminated before the final day.
CMLL (TUE) 09/08/2015 Arena México
1) Bengala & Leono vs Apocalipsis & El Rebelde
2) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma vs Canelo Casas, Nitro, Raziel
3) Astral © vs Mercurio [CMLL MINI]
4) Delta, Esfinge, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Puma
5) Fuego, The Panther, Tritón vs Cavernario, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys
6) Dragon Lee, Máximo, Valiente vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
Mercurio hasn’t beaten Astral – the tecnicos won in straight falls on Tuesday – so this title match makes no sense. It’s like whoever makes up the lineups wrote them out a month in advance, went on vacation, and everyone changed the finishes without checking to see if they make any sense.Match should be good anyway, as should a few other ones.
It’s a bit stunning how old the top half of the rudo side is on this show (and it’ll be older once Kamaitachi goes back home.)
SANCHEZ (WED) 09/16/2015 Arena Neza
1) Aero Power, Destello, Joven Maravilla vs Artikus, Gio Malkriado, Perro Negro Jr.
2) Brayan, Rey Neza, Soldado Del Futuro vs Motocross, Puma, Taquero Maldito
3) Arez, Belial, Impulso vs Jinzo, Neza Kid, Rocky Lobo
4) Hijo De Dos Caras & Súper Nova vs Argos & Oriental
5) Damián 666, Halloween, X-Fly vs Crazy Boy, One Man Kru, Pesadilla
6) Myzteziz © vs Averno [WWA MIDDLE]
Myzteziz listed as champion, no known date when he won the belt.
Myzteziz never held this championship – ironically, this was the belt Mistico de Juarez held during the short lived Juarez TV show – but maybe he found the belt at a market in Tepito? Mistico won this belt in 2008, ‘vacated’ it when he went to WWE and then maybe it’s been sitting in a closet for years.
CMLL (FRI) 09/18/2015 Arena México
1) Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther vs Disturbio, Puma, Virus
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo, Stuka Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
3) Dark Angel vs Princesa Sugehit
announced as mano a mano, not a lightning (10 minute time limit). Dark Angel’s farewell match.
4) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Dragon Lee, Mistico, Valiente
5) LA Park, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Rush, Thunder [Relevos Increíbles]
6) Atlantis vs La Sombra [mask]
No big surprises in matches, though some small ones in who was included and who was not.
Thunder is back from whatever to pick right up with Ultimo Guerrero. I wonder if he still hates Rush, the reason he broke up with UG, or if that all is forgotten.
Mr. Niebla and Felino making this show doesn’t feel right on merit. Match will still get over, but it’s sad Cavernario doesn’t get to be on this show. Really, there’s a lot of guys who could justify they belonged on this card as much as the guys in the opener. Boby Zavala is the obvious storyline admission; I’d think he almost has to be ruled injured not to be on this card, but CMLL can surprise you.
Dark Angel lost her mask to Princesa Sugehit way back in LLF, which normally would’ve been the end of the foreigner’s run in Mexico. She stayed a little bit longer. It’s a nice full circle bit to have her face Sugehit at the actual end.
There’s no killer matches here. The matches are generally better on the Anniversary show than the look on paper, but there’s no sure second best match on the show. A lot of stuff could turn out great, or could turn out just OK. This is the weakest of the three mega Anniversary shows in the last three years, with no midcard apuesta match to definitely provide that second sure great match.
Nothing’s been said about online streaming. I think everyone is assuming it’ll be on ClaroSports or YouTube. The Claro Sports deal is supposed to end next Friday (a week before the Anniversary show) and there’s no guarantee they’ll air anything on YouTube with En Busca over. I really hope they air on the internet, but there’s no guarantee they will, we probably won’t know until just before and it might depend on how well advance tickets are selling. The main matches should air on Azteca in the US on October 3rd, and on Samurai TV in Japan at some point.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/13/2015 Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo
1) Faby Apache & Goya Kong vs La Hiedra & Taya
2) Argenis & Drago vs El Apache & Hijo de Pirata Morgan
3) Angélico & Jack Evans vs Hijo del Fantasma & Texano Jr. and Joe Lider & Pentagón Jr.
4) Fénix, Psycho Clown, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Brian Cage, El Mesías, Myzteziz
Air Date: 09/19 (and hopefully only that)
Hurrying this up before the Anniversary post, but I’m not sure I’m missing anything by writing fast. It’s the usual Hard Rock show, with some matches and no obvious storyline development. All the matches actually look good, but the environment means more of a vacation atmosphere. These matches are nice surprises if they’re great.
Angelico & Jack and Pentagon & Lider continue to be in nothing by three way tag matches with a rudo third team. (Texano & Fantasma should work with Lider & Pentagon, probably won’t.)
Next show is 09/20 in Monterrey.
CMLL (TUE) 09/01/2015 Arena México
1) Molotov & Sensei DQ Camorra & Espanto Jr.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito b Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
Straight falls, though Shockercito used a foul to beat Demus in the second.
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit b Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
tecnicas took 1/3
4) The Panther b Okumura [lightning]
Panther won with an elbow lock in over 8 minutes.
5) Blue Panther, Titán, Tritón b Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Sangre Azteca
Tecnicos took 2/3
6) Máximo, Mistico, Rush b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
All tecnico wins. Shockercito & Demus have been feuding for a while – first on Fridays, then shifted over to Tuesdays – and would make sense for another hair match in a couple weeks as part of a independence day show. CMLL recently shifts their shows back or ahead by a day to run one exactly on September 16th. Maybe they’re not doing it this year: word was going around last night that the Guadalajara show (with Omar Brunetti versus Metalico) will take place on 09/15 instead. That may change, but it’s interesting they might go another way.
Also interesting: Metalico switching from the feud with Leono to this feud with Omar suggests Leono was going to win a hair match in 2015. Or maybe Omar’s losing?
No lineup for next Tuesday yet.
AAA tapes on 10/19 in Nuevo Laredo. That’s two days after they tape in Reynosa, so it’s the same deal as the end of May/early June. Rey Mysterio is being advertised for Torreon 10/16, so he’s probably on all those shows.
CMLL Informa will announce the lineup for the Anniversary show today. I wonder if they’ve told the luchadors? Guests are Dragon Lee (talking about his title defense), Super Halcon Jr. & Canelo Casas (Sabado Retro) match, Atlantis and Mano Negra. Mano Negra is random, but probably there to talk about his mask loss to Atlantis.
The results for this past weekend’s bodybuilding competition lists Ursus (from Baja California, not the Queretaro) one as the previously unnamed male winner for 80KG and up group.
IWRG (SUN) 09/06/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Black Niko & Kanon vs Acero & Picudo Jr.
2) Dragón Bane, Eternus, Omega vs Atomic Star, Ram El Carnero, Vortize
3) Emperador Azteca, Metaleón, Mr. Leo vs Diablo Jr. I, Hip Hop Man, Imposible
4) Hijo del Pantera, Pantera, Pantera I vs Black Terry, Freelance, Mike Segura
5) Shu el Guerrero vs Oficial 911, Máscara Sagrada, El Hijo del Diablo, Canis Lupus, Golden Magic, Veneno, Danny Casas, El Golpeador, Leo, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Eterno, Súper Nova,Negro Navarro, Relámpago, Hijo De Dos Caras, Rayan, Spector, X-Fly, Rafy [Gran Cruzada]
battle royal rules. Winner gets a shot at the Rey de Reyes or a title shot against the champion of their division
Read the main event stip as “we don’t know when Ricky Cruz is coming back so here’s a nice out.” Semimain is only the second time the Panteras have teamed up since Pantera I’s return from the dead and also it’s a good match. This is a pretty interesting card with a lot of people on it, and you get a beer free if you buy two tickets.
CMLL (TUE) 09/08/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Frezzer & Nautilius vs Joker & Sádico
2) Magnus, Molotov, Omar Brunetti vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Metálico
3) Dark Angel, Lluvia, Marcela vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
4) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Super Porky vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
5) Atlantis, La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Último Guerrero
6) Marco Corleone vs Mr. Niebla
Good luck, Marco.
Super Libre mentioned this is Dark Angel’s last match in Guadalajara, so she’s back in Arena Mexico or off the following week.
DTU SANCHEZ (WED) 09/16/2015 Centro Civico Santa Clara, Ecatepec, Estado de México
1) Chiki Nerd I & Chiki Nerd II vs El Perrito & Mastizito
2) Aero Power, Destello, Joven Maravilla vs Artikus, Gio Malkriado, Perro Negro Jr.
3) Ángel o Demonio, Dement Extreme, Ovett vs Black Fire, Jimmy, Kevin
4) Jinzo vs Septimo Dragon
5) Rocky Lobo vs Freelance, Lokillo
6) Super Mega vs Suicida, Chico Che, Lanzeloth
7) Cíclope & Miedo Extremo vs Hijo De Dos Caras & One Man Kru and Crazy Boy & Pesadilla
This isn’t the big DTU show they’re teasing – that’s the next day – but one of many shows which will be taking place on the holiday. I have no knowledge of One Man Kru, but cagematch says he’s a man from Alabama who’s been to Freedoms, the same Japan extreme wrestling promotion Violento Jack and Ciclope were in.
AAA TV (MON) 08/31/2015 Polideportivo La Huizachera, Tehuacán, Puebla [AAA (via SuperLuchas)]
1) El Apache, La Hiedra, Mamba b Faby Apache, Niño Hamburguesa,
pictures suggest Faby Apache took the pin. Ludxor replaced Venum
2) Venum, Australian Suicide, Súper Nova b Carta Brava Jr., Machine Rocker, Súper Fly
Venum replaced Argenis
3) Aerostar, Bengala,
Argenis Drago b Daga, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Steve Pain
Argenis replaced Drago
4) Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria b Angélico & Jack Evans and Joe Lider & Pentagón Jr.
Cuervo & Angelico beat Angelico & Jack involved. Daga & Steve Pain were interfering for Lider & Pentagon (so maybe this was 6 on 2?)
5) Psycho Clown b Chessman © [AAA LA]
Seconds were Jack Evans, and Pentagon, with Joe Lider getting involved too. Piero eventually ejected all of them. Psycho Clown beat Chessman with a Canadian Destroyer to win the title. Chessman falls on his second defense. Psycho Clown is the fifth champion.
6) El Mesías & Myzteziz b Fénix & Rey Mysterio Jr.
Myzteziz debut on the rudo side. Final came down to Fenix and Mesias, with Mesias winning via splash.
Air Date: 09/05 & 09/12
Psycho Clown beating Chessman is a title match that makes sense. Chessman’s still trios champion, Psycho Clown can go have a title match against Villano IV at some point, and it doesn’t feel he’s as much drifting around the midcard as he has the last year. Hopefully this championship just doesn’t disappear for six months, though that’s been the history of that title.
No real notes on the rest of the show. It sounds like it was good. It’s tough to tell. Attendance looks good in the pictures. La Hiedra seems like she’s full time, since she’s been on the spot shows too since Reynosa.
It generally feels like this is another cycle where they’ll just fill some time but they’re not building heavily towards Heroes Inmortales. No one’s mentioned as making any challenges in that direction (or really the show itself) despite only being 2-3 tapings before that show.
Next taping is the Hard Rock show in Riviera Maya. No full lineup for that yet. It’s only 12 days away so it may show up soon.
CMLL (SUN) 08/30/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Black Sugar & Mercenario b Linterna & Mr. Apolo
2) Capitan Cobra, El Alteño, Reycko b Demonio Rojo, Mr. Brisa, Relampago
Demonio Rojo replaced Gitano on Tuesday.
3) El Chakal, El Gitano, Évola b León Blanco, Nube Roja, Toro Negro
Gitano replaced Thunder Boy on Tuesday.
4) Darkfire, Frezzer, Omar Brunetti b El Yaqui, Joker, Payaso Infernal
Darkfire replaced Nautilius, Payaso Infenral replaced Sadico on Tuesday. Both are debuting from Mazatlan.
5) Furia Roja, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno b Exterminador, Maléfico, Thunder Boy [OCCIDENTE TRIOS]
Furia Roja & Thunder Boy added to the match when it was changed from Super Libre to a Trios Title match on Tuesday. Rey Trueno rolled thru a Malefico hurracaranana with a little bit of help from Mr. Trueno to get the win. First defense.
Rudos cheat to beat other rudos.
CMLL (MON) 08/31/2015 Arena Puebla [CMLL]
1) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Skadi b La Seductora, Tiffany, Zeuxis
Tecnicas took 1/3
2) Kamaitachi, Morphosis, Okumura b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma
rudos took 2/3
3) Blue Panther, Stuka Jr., Super Porky b Kráneo, Olímpico, Ripper
tecnicos took 1/3
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Máximo DQ Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
Tecnicos took 1/3, the last when Mascara fouled Niebla.
5) Último Guerrero b La Sombra © [NWA MIDDLE]
UG took 2/3, the last when Tirantes got knocked down, Sombra fouled UG, but UG rolled him up anyway. Sombra’s falls on his seventh defense. UG is 7th/91st champion
Sombra’s reaction to the finish was “I lost but I don’t care about the title but I’m angry enough that I’ll beat you for your hair later but I really don’t care but I’m totally taking your hair.” – great, dude.
This was all amazingly dumb. I really thought Averno beating Mistico was going to be the most random thing we’d see this summer, and CMLL beat AAA. Congrats. There’s no way Sombra should be losing to anyone in singles matches between now and the Anniversary show. Even if Sombra was leaving to WWE, NJPW or the Moon the next day, it’s most important to treat Atlantis and Sombra as the biggest stars possible leading into the Anniversary show. (There’s no report he’s doing any of this, though I’m personally investigating space travel to get away from lucha libre booking.)
Here are possible horrible excuses someone could come up with
- This is to build a match later on – build that LATER, you goofball. Wait three weeks.
- It doesn’t matter because it’s Puebla and no one cares – then why are you running matches which don’t matter with your top guys, don’t you see this is a big problem
- It’s really important to get Ultimo Guerrero in the Universal tournament – nope! nothing is important in the Universal tournament. Even if it was, Ultimo could’ve beat Dragon Rojo or Angel de Oro or Rey Bucanero or any of the other guys who are going to lose in the first round in three minutes anyway
- Ultimo Guerrero is somehow getting in the Anniversary match yet – oh no oh no oh no oh no
It may not end up mattering. It probably won’t – the crowd coming for one of these guys losing their masks is still going to get that – but why mess with things? This was a totally unneeded match at this time, and a idiotic result on top of it.
Anyway, show sucked, don’t watch it.
There’s more CMLL bizarreness to come, but the question of the week is “what time does Sunday’s Guadalajara show start?” It’s a benefit show, so it’s different. I heard a few promos during Super Libre for it starting at special noon time. There’s an ad on their Facebook site saying noon. And yet, CMLL’s website says usual 6pm start. I think it’s noon. I would go at noon if I were you.
LA Park said LA Park things in an interview posted on MedioTiempo yesterday. LA Park believes CMLL should switch the anniversary show to LA Park versus Rush because it’s a bigger match than Atlantis versus Sombra, and LA Park feels LA Park & Dr. Wagner fills the building. Park made it clear he’s not planning to be a long term member of CMLL – he’s here for Rush’s hair, he doesn’t want to be a member for the promotion and he’s leaving if he doesn’t get his match. Park was critical of Wagner for trying to get applause and being friendly with the Ingobernables, saying they’ll turn on him soon enough.
I tend to believe there’s an agreement on LA Park & Rush actually happening and even a decision of when it’s happening (Dos Leyendas 2016?) before they’d put Park back in a ring, but CMLL is acting inconsistently enough that they may just be making it up as they go at this point.
CMLL’s preview mentions the ‘dream’ team of Maximo, Rush and Mistico facing Gran Guerrero, Euforia and Niebla Rojo in the main event. Maybe more importantly, the preview confirms Mistico will be taking away from CMLL for a while starting soon. Mistico’s been promoting his upcoming appearance on Azteca Mexico/Telemundo US reality show Si Se Puede. That show starts September 13th. If Mistico is going to be away from CMLL while he’s on the show, that suggests he won’t be on the Anniversary show. (It probably wouldn’t be an issue if they stuck with the 09/04 date and might be why that date was the date at one point.) The show is a diverse talent show – one week they’ll be juggling, one week they’ll be belly dancing, that sort of thing.
DTU announced Aero Boy & Miedo Extremo versus Violento Jack & Ciclope for their 09/17 Arena Aficion show. Partner facing partners in lucha libre is a scourge that must be stopped. I think Aero Boy & Violento Jack are going to fight each other more than team up this month, so why should we care about their team?
Estadio Deportes has an interesting interview with AAA’s Oscar Garcia, who’s the promotion graphic designer. He’s the guy who designs the look of the posters (which many indy promotions have borrowed for their own), and come up with character designs. He’s mentioned as coming up with Drago, Bengala, Pentagon Jr., Fenix, Venum, Ludxor, as well as single show designs like the outfit Rey Mysterio wore for TripleMania. He’s been working for the company for six years, so after Antonio Pena passed away, but says he met Pena who encouraged him to pursue his artistic dreams. He says he has more sketches in mind, just waiting for the right person to fill them.
The same site interviews Taya. Not as much new there, though she does mention she was only expecting to be in Mexico six weeks and Perro Aguayo Jr. convinced her to stay.
Pro Wrestling Authority has an interview with Triton, who mentions his father actually trained with him for his first month so his son wouldn’t be lonely in the class. Triton debuted after only three months in school; he notes most people thought it was way too soon, but it turned out OK for him.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update, this week’s Poster-Mania, and results from the UIPW show where Volador Jr., Johnny Mundo and Mephisto did wrestle and Volador kept his title. The idea is Johnny is a Lucha Underground wrestler and not an AAA one, so I guess CMLL doesn’t know Mundo is on Heroes Inmortales.
Segunda Caida reviews last Friday’s CMLL main event.
El Pantera, Blue Demon Jr., and Lince Dorado versus Amasis, Shane Strickland and Latin Dragon has been added to the 09/20 Lucha Toronto show.
Morelos luchador turned journalist Tartu el Brujo passed away Sunday. (This isn’t the one who was wrestling more recently with the Juniors promotion.)
CMLL (MON) 09/07/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Robin, Zaeta Roja vs Espanto Jr., Guerrero Espacial, Metálico
2) Lestat, Molotov, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs King Jaguar, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr.
3) Marcela © vs Zeuxis [CMLL WOMEN]
Marcela second defense.
4) Blue Panther, Dragon Lee, Esfinge vs Kamaitachi, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
5) Atlantis, Mistico, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Vangellys
6) La Máscara vs Mr. Niebla
Marcela beat Zeuxis totally clean, 100% clean, on Monday night. Alfredo pointed out Marcela brought the title belt to the ring and that probably means a title match, so I was expecting Zeuxis to get the pin when she and Marcela were left in the ring alone at the end. Again, no, Marcela won 100% clean. And the title match is happening anyway. (Maybe Zeuxis winning was the plan but the finish got changed and so the lineup will in the next few days.) Also, it’s a champion versus champion match in the third match and no one should care about CMLL titles.
Rey Apocalispis and Toro Bill are totally going to put Tigre Rojo in a bag. That is good.
Lots of things went bad this week, but I got some help.
IWRG did air, but aired in bad quality. Hoping a rerun airs better, but I’ll have it some form or another next week.
IWRG (SUN) 08/30/2015 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Lucha Mundial (Facebook), Mano a Mano]
1) Adrenalina & Galaxy b Alas de Acero & Voltar
2) Acero, Hip Hop Man, Ram El Carnero b Aeroman, Dragon Bane, Kanon
Debuts for Arena Aficion’s Dragon Bane and Ram (El Carnero)
3) Fresero Jr., Leo, Mike, Rafy b El Golpeador, Oficial AK47, Rayan, Spector
Fresero Jr replaced Teelo. First appearance for Comando Elite in about 4 months, debut for Arena Aficion’s Golpeador.
4) Hijo del Pantera & Pantera © b Diablo Jr. I & El Hijo del Diablo [IWRG IC TAG]
Panteras first defense. Said to be very good match, money thrown in.
5) Barba Roja, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan b Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Trauma II
Black Terry replaced Trauma I. Piratas wants a title rematch and Navarro accepted.
AYM feed was iffy this morning so I’m not sure if I’ll get this for tomorrow. (It’s been a bad week for recording videos.) As noted on the wiki, Barba Roja (Jr.) has the same birthday and build as Alfa.
Puebla’s the state to be in for lucha tonight. AAA returns to taping TV, three weeks after TripleMania, in Tehuacan. CMLL has it’s usual Monday night show in Arena Puebla. (The two shows are about 100 minutes away; only the super fans are skipping one to go to the other.) AAA’s show is listed as starting at 8:30 pm, but the usual delay means both shows will start around the 9pm show. The CMLL show will be on YouTube, the AAA show will start to air on TV this Saturday.
AAA’s taping is the more interesting show. The main event has Myzteziz & Rey Misterio facing off again, with Fenix teaming with Rey and Mesias joining Myzteziz. There’s a rare defense of a championship on a non-PPV with Psycho Clown challenging Chessman for the Latin American championship. Psycho probably should win the title – there’s more possibilities with him as champ – but it could be a setup to continue the feud with Villano V. Pentagon & Joe Lider resume operating as a tag team in a three way tag match, one of a few of those happening on this cycle of shows. There’s not much story reason for the rest of the undercard, but matches like Aerostar, Bengala, Drago and Daga, Hijo del Pirata Morgan, Steve Pain look very good.
Arena Puebla has Sombra versus Ultimo Guerrero for Sombra’s NWA Middleweight championship. Both Laguneros have very patterned styles of singles matches – it’s not hard to predict the sequence of moves in the last three minutes of the match – and Sombra really should win, but Sombra’s attitude and atheltic ability might make this worthwhile. The undercard is one of the least interesting since they’ve started the live broadcasts. There’s no locals on the show unless/until Morphosis is inevitable replaced by someone else. (Olimpico & Ripper are already booked, so it’ll have to be someone else.)
I’m not going to mention any PWG Battle of Los Angeles results because I know there are people who try very hard to avoid spoilers and they might not expect to see them there. The reaction sounds like the luchadors did great in a weekend where a lot of people did great. The Matt Sydal/Fenix first round match & an Angelico/Jack vs Ricochet/Rich Swann on Friday, the non-title Fenix/Aerostar vs Drago/Pentagon tag match on Saturday and a Pentagon match on Sunday sound like the best matches involving that group, but I might have missed something. Early indication is it’ll be October before the DVDs of the shows are released.
Rayman & Makabre continued their run as a successful Guadalajara tag team by keeping the Jalisco tag championship over Mr. Aguila & Pesdailla in Arena Roberto Paz on Saturday.
Funcion Estelar talks to Black Terry Jr. about how he got into lucha libre photography. Message boards aren’t all bad!
A long Q&A with Guatemalan luchadora Hija del Zombie.
Segunda Caida reviews Caifan & Avisman versus Ultimo Guerrero & Hechicero.
CMLL (SAT) 08/29/2015 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Pequeño Nitro b Aéreo
2) Magnus b Akuma
3) Soberano Jr. b Súper Comando
The Panther replaced Soberano Jr.
4) Metálico b Star Jr.
5) Sangre Azteca b Pegasso
6) Hechicero & Luciferno b Blue Panther Jr. & Esfinge
Rudos took 1/3
7) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Titán b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Blue Panther replaced Mistico on Monday.
SANCHEZ (SAT) 08/29/2015 Arena Neza [Estrellas del Ring, KronoSport]
1) Rayo Star & Sky Man b Estrella De Oro & Rey Carnero
2) Motocross, Puma, Taquero Maldito b Bryan El Stripper, Rey Neza, Soldado Del Futuro
3) Maldito Jr., Samot, Vampiro Metálico b Bugambilia, Flyer, La Abeja
4) Hombre Bala Jr. b Punker Bizarro
replaced Nicho vs Pagano.
5) Hijo de LA Park & La Parka Jr. b Nicho el Millionario & Pagano
Nicho & Pagano, scheduled for a match against each other, instead were a team against the Parks. They replaced Sombra & Rush. Sombra said they weren’t paid. These guys were paid by people throwing money in at least.
That’s a weird situation – if this promotion didn’t send CMLL a deposit, you’d think none of the CMLL guys (Flyer, Bala as a fill in) would be working the show. Which kind of suggests they might have been going around CMLL on this one, or something else weird was going on. Anyway, the fans who were wanted to see an extra match and it sounds like they got it.
CMLL (SUN) 08/30/2015 Arena México
1) Leono & Sensei b Camorra & Cholo
2) Amapola, Dalys, La Seductora b La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Skadi
Rudas took 2/3
3) Fuego, The Panther, Tritón DQ Puma, Sangre Azteca, Tiger
Tiger fouled and pulled Triton’s mask for the DQ.
4) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán b Nitro, Olímpico, Ripper
Nitro replaced Morphosis (double booked in Veracruz)
5) Dragon Lee © b Kamaitachi [CMLL SL]
Dragon Lee took 1/3 in another outstanding match. Dragon Lee’s third defense, all against Kamaitachi.
6) La Sombra, Super Porky, Valiente b Mr. Niebla, Shocker, Vangellys
Sombra ‘led’ the tecnicos to a 1/3 fall win.
It’s possible CMLL might run Dragon Lee versus Kamaitachi one more time in Guadalajara or sell it to an indy show, but it’s a little more likely this is the last Lee/Kamaitachi match. It’s got a chance to be feud of the year. The match will air next week on ClaroSports and in about a month on LATV (maybe), and they should give it all the time it needs given the rest of the lineup.
The Mr. Mexico Luchador body building contest was today. AAA wrestlers did fairly well, winning two of the competition groups. I only have scattered results
under 85 (or maybe 80) kg
1st place: Daga
2nd place: Mini Charly Manson
3rd place: Extasis
4th place: Alas de Plata
5th place: La Chiva (!!!!)
6th place: Mini Drago
7th place: Douki
over 85 kg
(no idea who won; there doesn’t seem to be an official results list up anywhere.)
2nd place: Hijo del Fantasma
4th place: Cibernetico
7th place: Copetes Salazar (!!)
1st: Taya Valkyrie
2nd: Sexy Lady
Maybe the two who competed? No one else was shown on stage.
Fantasma made it over to Arena San Juan Pantitlan for the Cara Lucha show, but Daga did not (and the promoters made it clear it was on Daga for not showing.) Full results tomorrow, but they also had the 09/16 lineup – see the lineups.
Halloween says he’s retiring from lucha extreme after the 09/17 DTU show. He’s also saying Familia de Tijuana have talked to CMLL but does not say they’re officially coming.
+LuchaTV posted this week’s Leyendas Inmortales, which has the TV version of the Negro Casas vs Fuerza Guerrera match from March.
Super Libre had lots of interviews, including with Valiente (who is under the belief he’s not on the Anniversary show) and Metalico.
Cara Lucha (WED) 09/16/2015 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México
1) Centvrión & Látigo vs Metaleón & Mr. Leo
2) Fly Star & Toxin Boy vs Flyer & Hombre Bala Jr.
3) Eléctrico & Principe Diamante vs Rayo Star & Sky Man
4) Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico vs Centinela, Epydemius, Ultimo Ninja
5) Boby Zavala & Pólvora vs Aeroboy & Violento Jack
6) Rush vs LA Park vs Pagano
I’m pretty sure I never imagined I’d see the semimain. I only watch indy shows with Polvora on them.
Fourth match is a Monterrey invasion, second and third are CMLL versus indies, and everyone’s going to die in the first match.
CMLL (SAT) 09/05/2015 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala vs Cholo
2) Robin vs Inquisidor
3) Flyer vs Hijo del Signo
4) Súper Halcón Jr. vs Canelo Casas
5) Hombre Bala Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte
6) Fuego & Tritón vs Pierroth & Sagrado
7) Dragon Lee, La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Hechicero, Pólvora
La Mascara & Volador back together again. This is not a promising lineup.
CMLL (SUN) 09/06/2015 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Olímpico
2) Magnus, Oro Jr., Soberano Jr. vs Akuma, Artillero, Súper Comando
3) Delta, Esfinge, Tritón vs Disturbio, Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Dragon Lee vs Virus [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
6) Marco Corleone, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
Dragon Lee thinks he’s safe, thinks he’s finally shook Kamaitachi, and there’s Virus back to make his life tough. I approve. (I have no earthly idea what we do if they do Lee/Virus on 09/20, but they never do a second title match that fast.)
Look at Disturbio! Graduated to the midcard treadmill!