YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7SVIu7nyNjpnBWMRLDk21FG
IWRG (SUN) 02/15/2015 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG, The Gladiatores]
1) Dowki & Power Bull b Galaxy & Omega
Power Bull replaced Arana de Plata.
2) Dark Lady, Kamilión, La Sádica b Black Fury, Hahastary, Maiden (luchadora)
3) Anubis Black & Pirata Morgan b Emperador Azteca & Hijo De Dos Caras [El Protector, quarterfinal]
4) Metaleón & Negro Navarro b Dragón Celestial & Veneno [El Protector, quarterfinal]
money thrown in
5) Electro Boy & X-Fly b Atomic Star & Eterno [El Protector, quarterfinal]
6) Alfa & Máscara Sagrada b El Hijo del Diablo & Hip Hop Man [El Protector, quarterfinal]
7) Metaleón & Negro Navarro b Electro Boy & X-Fly [El Protector, semifinal]
8) Anubis Black & Pirata Morgan COR Alfa & Máscara Sagrada [El Protector, semifinal]
9) Metaleón & Negro Navarro b Anubis Black & Pirata Morgan [El Protector, final]
Metaleon took out Anubis with a dive and Navarro submitted Pirata for the win.
10) Chicano & Danny Casas © b Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 Jr. [IWRG IC TAG]
Champs took 2/3 to keep the titles, the last after Mascara accidentally hit Universo with a chair in a usual screwy third fall. first defense for Chicano & Dany Casas
Metaleon got big wins as part of IWRG FILL versus other schools in 2014 (most notable the AULL feud), so he was the favorite and makes sense as a winner. He’s also very good.
AAA’s TV included another Brian Cage promo. They’re making it very clear that Cage is getting the first shot at Alberto’s world title (at least in Mexico), and it’s just a matter of it’ll be at Rey de Reyes, held off for TripleMania, or done on TV somewhere in between. I’d lean towards a quick turn around for Rey de Reyes to give it both a more noteworthy match and to make sure Alberto gets in a defense before whatever comes next for him. We’ll have a better idea after they meet in trios in Queretaro 12 days from now.
Black Terry Jr. has over 300 pictures of yesterday’s ChilangaMask show, and a phantom cam of Violento Jack kneesmashing Sagrado
Segunda Caida reviews Maximo vs Terrible.
Starman wants a mask match with Arkangel. Another one, at least.
SuperLuchas looks back to Perros del Mal as trios champions.
CMLL (SAT) 02/21/2015 Arena Coliseo
1) Angelito vs Pequeño Olímpico
2) Magnus vs Disturbio
3) Sensei vs Nitro
4) Hombre Bala Jr. vs Okumura
5) Starman vs Sangre Azteca
6) Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado
7) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Máximo vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Vangellys
Semimain is still not a title match. Some day!
AAA on Televisa: 2015-01-10
taped 2014-11-30 @ Explanada del Parque Bicentenario, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas
Aerostar vs Súper Fly: [good, if frustrating]
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2015-01-10
taped 2014-12-30 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, The Panther vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Hechicero, Virus: [great]
Máscara Dorada vs Mephisto: [good]
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-01-10
taped 2015-01-06 @ Arena México
Astral vs Eléctrico, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito, Shockercito, Demus 3:16, Pierrothito, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Nitro, Mercurio in a Pequeno Reyes del Aire match: [great]
Volador Jr. vs Rey Bucanero: [good]
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2015-01-10
taped 2015-01-02 @ Arena México
Máscara Dorada vs Negro Casas for the CMLL World Welterweight Championship and in a tournament final match: [great]
Lucha Underground: 2015-01-14
taped 2014-10-18 @ Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California
Prince Puma © vs Fenix – great
CMLL on Terra: 2015-01-11
taped 2015-01-11 @ Arena México
Máximo vs Negro Casas – great
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
Matches To Watch Later
IWRG Zona XXI: 2015-01-12
taped 2015-01-11 @ Arena Naucalpan
Chicano vs Eterno:
CMLL (FRI) 02/13/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) El Divino & Meteoro b El Piraña & Thunder Boy
Meteoro replaced Divino. Tecnicos took 2/3. El Pirana’s first match here since August.
2) El Chakal & Gran Kenut b El Brillante & El Tapatío
Kenut’s first match here since 2013.
3) Leo, Magnum, Metatrón b Demonio Maya, Infierno, Ráfaga
Magnum beat Maya for the win, and Maya did not get along with his partners. Maya was wearing the Occidental Middleweight championship belt; he won it back in April and has not defended it yet.
4) Esfinge & Gallo b Exterminador & Maléfico [OCCIDENTE TAG, #1 Contenders, tournament]
apparently the final of the #1 contenders portion of the tournament (so the Joker/Sadico/Rafaga team was eliminated?) Esfinge & Gallo won with some help from Gallito, will face Olimpico/Zavala next.
5) Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Olímpico b Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Fuego
Rudos took 1/3, Mr. Aguila beating Dragon Rojo.
It feels like Mr. Aguila has been winning at on in Guadalajara for a guy who’s only being booked there, but it’s actually more even when you look at the results. It’s going somewhere in this particular case.
CMLL (SAT) 02/14/2015 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Pequeño Nitro b Stukita
Nitro used a backcracker for the win.
2) Oro Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte
Oro surprised Arkangel with a huracanrana
3) Tritón b Raziel
Triton won with a 450 splash
4) Amapola b Estrellita
Amapola won with a Devil’s Wings.
5) Blue Panther Jr. & The Panther b Okumura & Sangre Azteca
Rudo team was supposed to be Luciferno & Olimpico. Nudo lagunero and armbar for the Panther’s win.
6) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado b Delta, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr.
straight falls, though the Boricuas cheated to win. They asked for a Coliseo Tag Title shot, but Delta & Maya refused because the rudos had cheated.
7) Stuka Jr. b Mephisto © [MEX LH]
Mephisto dropped Stuka with a Super Devil’s Wings to succeed in his 12th defense.
They’re going to keep setting up the Sagrado/Misterioso vs Delta/Maya match until it happens.
CMLL (SUN) 02/15/2015 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Akuma & Espanto Jr. b Metatrón & Sensei
Metatron replaced Robin on Monday.
2) Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito b Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito
Rudos took 1/3, Demus beating Shockercito with a questionably low blow
3) Cancerbero, Puma, Virus b Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Stigma
Stigma replaced Super Halcon Jr. on Monday. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. DQ Felino [lightning]
Felino was DQed in under 3 minutes when Zacarias interfered. Implied to be Tirantes calling an unplanned DQ. Felino hit Maya with the toilet lid after the match.
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Dragón Rojo Jr. b Gran Guerrero, Kráneo, Mr. Águila
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Bárbaro Cavernario, Euforia, Thunder
Maximo replaced Super Porky on Monday.
This show didn’t air on Terra. It seems like the CMLL Terra’s Sunday broadcasts were canceled after the 01/25 show. No one’s saying anything official, but no one ever does. It doesn’t seem like we’re missing anything (and it’ll still turn up on Claro Sports and LATV at some point), but the Felino/Maya match sounds like it would’ve been amusing for all the wrong reasons.
Chilanga Mask (SUN) 02/15/2015 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México
1) Epydemius & Magnifico b Benji Maverick & Psico Kid
No Karma & Astro Rey Jr. The Coacalco/Monterrey team got the win.
2) La Vaquerita b Keira
3) Trauma I & Trauma I b Aero Boy & Jeque
Jeque ended with a chest injury.
4) Herodes Jr. b Fly Warrior
bloody match. Benji Maverick and Psycho Kid attacked Fly Warrior after the match, with the Kriminal Boys (Fly Star & Toxin Boy) making the save. Fly Warrior is a new Kriminal Boy.
5) Dragon Lee (CMLL) b Belial
6) Sagrado DCOR Violento Jack
Sagrado issues an open challenge and was surprised to be meet by Violento Jack. They ended up fighting outside on the outside to a countout.
7) Hechicero (CMLL) b Judas el Traidor
8) Pagano b Arez & Impulso
Pagano won the hardcore handicap match. He was given a Masada shirt at the end of the match.
Tough to tell, but Hechicero/Judas sounds like the best match unless you’re more into hardcore style. The t-shirt signaled Pagano vs Masada in a Brutal Match being added to the anniversasry show. A bloody Pagano cut a promo for the match and Masada a retort. Herodes Jr. vs Violento Jack was also added to their 03/22 show, and the poster shows Latin Dragon in JT Dunn’s place.
Tonight was the Makabre vs Rayman mask match in Arena Jalisco. It appears other local wrestlers appeared to help out Makabre, but Rayo de Jalisco Jr. ran them off. Rayman won, and Makabre was unmasked as Pedro Olveda Gonzales, 40 years old, originally from Monterrey. Rayman got the win, but this was really more about Makabre, a former Arena Coliseo Guadalajara who never got the chance to go to Arena Mexico, having his biggest match ever. Earlier in the day, he appeared on both Fuego en el Ring and Super Libre to hype this match, and made it sound like he didn’t have any particular plans should he lose.
Also, Magno won the NWA Light Heavyweight title from Casaandro tonight in Ciudad Juarez, in a three way match with Boby Zavala. Casandro being champion – won on a Europe tour with Hijo del Santo – was something totally not brought up in years and will probably be equally forgettable going forward.
Mistico says he’s happy to be trios champions and ready to face any trio. He specifically mentions the Ingobernables. I hope Mistico is booking the promotion, because that’s the best direction to go for both teams.
Mascarita Sagrada took a hard fall to the floor on this week’s AAA TV, but AAA says he’s already feeling better.
RobViper has a music video of 10/21/14 CMLL.
Segunda Caida reviews Navarros vs UG/Hechicero/Magnifico from the 01/31 CaraLucha show.
La Resistancia were the one group who didn’t find the last Ninja Turtle promo hilarious. Critics are the worst.
A ladder match with Wagner, Mistico, Averno and Xtreme Tiger, why not.
CMLL (FRI) 02/20/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Meteoro vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
2) El Alteño & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Great Kenut & Satara
3) Frezzer, Sky Kid, Smaker vs Demonio Maya, El Gitano, Évola
4) Leo, Magnum, Omar Brunetti vs Jocker, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
5) Dragón Rojo Jr. © vs Mr. Águila [CMLL MIDDLE]
They spent weeks building up to an Occidente Tag Title match on this show, then there’s no match on this show and I’m still too apathetic to even put the shrug emoticon here. This seems like a decent enough way to use Aguila, as a title challenger on a show that’s not going to be hurt if he doesn’t show up or shows up badly. The two guys in the title match are the entire CMLL DF contingent on this show, which is very strange. Maybe they’re waiting to announce Zavala/Olimpico vs Esfinge/Gallo – everything makes more sense if they’ve neglected to include it for no reason.
The last El Gitano I have wrestling in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara was in 1997, probably the guy better known as Mr. Mexico. There’s a Gitano who’s pretty active in Veracruz. No idea who this is. “Great Kenut” appears to be a misspelling or a new name for Gran Kenut. El Alteno was last here in 2013, where he lost his mask in a cage match. He promptly got a new name, a new mask, and lost it again in a cage match on an indy show in 2014. At least he hasn’t gotten a new mask, yet.
CMLL (SUN) 02/22/2015 Arena México
1) Bengala & Molotov vs Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Flyer, Pegasso, Star Jr. vs Canelo Casas, Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Goya Kong vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
4) Stuka Jr. vs Pólvora [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., La Sombra vs Felino, Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas
6) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
CMLL’s handling of the end of Terra is as typically poor as usual when it comes to anything outside a live event. Maybe a more positive outlook is warranted: the main event is a lesser rehash of a feud airing on TV, the semimain is likely to be a disaster with Sombra not getting along with his partners and Casas in desperate need of some better ones, Stuka/Polvora has been done and will likely offer nothing new, the segunda has exciting caprable tecnicos and the exact opposite in the rudos and the opener is straight hopeless. The women’s match at least has the CMLL remembering to team up their one set female trio together and who knows when they’ll remember to do it again, but it’s more likely to be amusing than great. By going off Terra and not explaining the deal, CMLL’s encouraging people to take less of an interest in their product and to spend their money/time elsewhere. Given what they’re offering, I’m more than happy to take them up on it.
CMLL (FRI) 02/13/2015 Arena México [R de Rudo, CMLL]
1) Flyer & Star Jr. b Disturbio & Espiritu Negro
2) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit b Amapola, La Comandante, Zeuxis
3) Dragon Lee, Stuka Jr., Titán DQ Ephesto, Kamaitachi, Mephisto
Kamatiachi fouled Dragon Lee, unconcerned with losing.
4) La Máscara b Negro Casas [lightning]
Rush ran in to help Mascara, then ran into the crowd to annoy them.
5) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Thunder b Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo
Thunder replaced Shocker on Monday. Rudos took 1/3, with Terrible beating Maximo after help from an eliminated Rey bUncaero.
6) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero © [CMLL TRIOS]
Sky Team took 2/3, La Mistica on Ultimo Guerrero to win the titles. Sky Team are the 27th Champions, Guerreros Laguneros fall on their 4th defense. This is Volador’s first time winning these titles and Mistico & Valiente’s second.
The eggs are all being carefully placed in the Mistico basket again. Meanwhile, Rush was apparently singing in the crowd after his interference.
This week’s AAA show is already up on YouTube.
There’s a poster advertising a 04/03 show in Deportivo Colon (Xalapa) as a TV taping. It looks a bit unofficial and AAA’s not run that building for a TV taping prior, but it’s possible.
Enrique & Oscar have a podcast talking about those Naucalpan and Neza AAA shows, noting Neza is an important place for his Alberto’s family. It was a UWA Friday night stop for many years.
ChilangaMask has their February Coacalco show this Sunday. Diaro Basta had a big interview with Pagano. He faces both Arez & Impulso in a handicap match. The main event is Hechicero vs Judas el Traidor, but card order is never set for these shows. Belial vs Dragon Lee is also on the show and might end up being the match of the night.
Excelsior has a Valentine’s Day article on the Jhonny Gonzalez/Sexy Star relationship, including the way Jhonny got her phone number.
SuperLuchas looks back at a bloody El Faraon match from a past February 13th.
CMLL has the second part of their El Faraon bio.
A group is running a cultural tour of Arena Mexico on 04/26, including getting a ticket for that Sunday show.
CMLL (FRI) 02/20/2015 Arena México
1) Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr. vs Cancerbero & Raziel
2) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Tritón vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Okumura
3) La Sombra & Negro Casas vs La Máscara & Mephisto and Mistico & Ripper and Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi and Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. and Euforia & Valiente and Bárbaro Cavernario & Titán and Delta & Misterioso Jr. [natl pi]
4) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
5) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
6) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
7) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
8) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, semifinal]
11) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Terrible, Thunder, Último Guerrero
Delta handles the video promo. He’s not getting out of the first round. The best way to make Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi mean something to the casual fan would be for them to advance very far in this tournament, but I can’t see that happening either. Cavernario/Titan is the team I’d like to win. Mistico & Ripper might win – if Ripper ever is going to win one of these, now is the time. Euforia teaming with Valiente means no repeat winners. As much as Rush seemed sure he was teaming with Ultimo Guerrero, Atlantis is now free to team with his usual rival – there’s probably three pairs out of this main event. Both the Angel de Oro/Hechicero and Dragon Rojo/Niebla Roja teams are left as well.
Too many matches on this show. Not enough Rush – CMLL specifically said he’d be back here on Wednesday, and back here he’s not. Opener is a fun match which has no chance of making TV.
Tonight sees the Sky Team, in their first big match after taking a team name, facing Guerreros Laguneros for the CMLL Trios championship. This seems like a setup for Bucanero & Terrible to cost Volador the match to build up their own H2L one, but I’d also guess Mistico will end up winning these trios titles at some point.
Something like Maximo & Terrible and Rey Bucanero & Volador as teams for the incredible teams tournament seems likely. The first half of that bracket should be announced late tonight.
Bucanero & Terrible will be around because they team with Thunder to take on Atlantis, Marco and Maximo in the semimain. The other H2L match, Kamatiachi vs Dragon Lee, take part in the tercera trios match. The lightning match is La Mascara vs Negro Casas; that feud continuing into an Ingobernables vs Shocker/Casas/? match at the 03/15 show also fits with what CMLL has been doing.
CMLL Guadalajara has Angel de Oro, Dragon Rojo & Fuego versus Kraneo, Mr. Aguila & Olimpico, plus what appears to be the semifinal of the #1 tag team tournament with Malefico & Exterminador against El Gallo & Esfinge. The rudos are using the name Compadres del Infierno and have promo here.
No AAA TV taping this weekend (or next.)
Box y Lucha’s forum disappeared a few weeks ago; that used to be the most active lucha libre discussion place on the internet, but it’s slowed down much in recent years and has gone thru disappearances before. At the same time, there’s also been no issues of the magazine released lately, which has logically caused people to assume it’s finished. Box y Lucha posted a message on Facebook saying they haven’t ceased publishing, and they’ll eventually release info on their next issue there. They don’t actually explain what’s going on, but I believe the strategy is they’re only going to release issues around big events and there just hasn’t been big events of late. (They don’t seem to address the website situation, but my guess it isn’t not coming back.)
Quietly, it seems like SuperLuchas is in the same “not canceled but not putting out issues” situation. They stopped publishing before the end of the year for their usual holiday break, but it’s February and there’s still no issues. I’m not sure if they’ve announced something and missed it, but it does seem like some results content which might have been in the magazine is now being posted on their website. I did see elsewhere a reference to a Luchas 2000 issue, so I think they’re the one still being released, but I’m not 100% sure.
Brian Cage wants to slap Alberto. That’s a more achievable goal.
Amo La Lucha Libre has video of last July’s AULL vs IWRG Copa Higher Power, which never aired on TV.
RobViper has a music video of 10/12/14 AAA Heroes Inmortales.
LuchaWorld has a recap of this week’s CMLL Informa featuring Rush being awesome and KrisZ’s news update.
SuperLuchas reposts an interview Reyna Gallegos and Fabuloso Blondy vs El Brazo from a past February 12.
Voices of Wrestling has a review of this week’s Lucha Underground.
IWRG wrestlers are in Poza Rica this Sunday; a rare Alan Xtreme appearance.
AAA (THU) 02/26/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Ludxor & Venum vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Kronoz
2) Argenis, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito vs Carta Brava Jr., Daga, Mini Psycho Clown
3) Australian Suicide & Faby Apache vs Dark Scoria & Taya Valkyrie
4) Drago, Fénix, Jack Evans vs Hijo del Fantasma, Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr.
5) Blue Demon Jr. & El Patrón Alberto vs Chessman & Texano Jr.
Probably not making AYM TV but one never knows. Alberto’s in for the Friday TV in Queretaro, so they’ve got him headlining this show on Thursday and Saturday in Arena Neza.
CARALUCHAS (SAT) 03/07/2015 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Lasser & Tanque Infernal vs Amadeus & Magnetico
2) Rayo Star, Sky Man, Tribal vs Fly Star, Fly Warrior, Toxin Boy
3) Leo (IWRG), Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs Rey Lobo Jr., Shadow, Shadow, Yoruba
4) Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico vs Arez, Belial, Impulso
5) La Sombra, Rush, Último Guerrero vs Eterno, Trauma I, Trauma II
Either the Ingobernables and the Traumas are going to be the best of friends due to their shared interests (themselves) or they’re going to attempt to murder each other. I don’t think they’re going to be friends. Eterno – who appears to be good and gone from AAA – needs to balance impressing bossman UG and not being destroyed as innocent bystander.
The rest of the show is very much indy strong style, with the Kriminal Boys vs the Sky Stars in the 2nd (and a new Tribal?) and the Neza Boys taking on the Indystrongibles in the semimain. Even if Eterno’s not in AAA anymore, it sure seems like a couple of those guys are. Ninja Turtles will steal the show as usual, and it’s notable all four are listed since Rafy has been MIA of late.