taped 2015-01-30 @ Gimnasio Agustín Millán, Toluca, Estado de México (more…)
- Everyone who was at that Lucha Underground taping raved about the casket match as if it was a match of the year. Not simply a Lucha Underground match of the year, but worldwide. The reactions for the Lucha Underground matches lean positive, but this was mentioned as being a notch above everything else that’s been raved about.
- The 5:15 start time appears to be the AAA start time going forward. It’s been that way for a few weeks now. It’s a lead to LigaMX coverage, so it seems to be an upgrade in exposure and means they’re unlikely to be starting late (as they had been on the old spot.) It would be even better if Televisa would just give them that extra 15 minutes so they could start on the hour.
- AAA’s also the second week of a two week taping, so those are locked in as the matches.
- Best bet is Angel de Oro vs Hechicero is CMLL’s free lightning match of the week, but no idea. That’s 2 Angel de Oro singles matches in a week.
- IWRG Wedneday shows haven’t been airing of late.
- Leyendas Inmortales should be on the remainder of the 02/02 show, w/Casandra & Rossy Moreno vs Miss Janeth & Tania and Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Hijo del Fishman, Mr. Jack vs Canek Jr., Hijo del Solar, Solar I. They’ve listed way too many shows as TV tapings to actually air them all, so they could skip around at any point.
- Lucha Azteca is listed at 4pm today. Tomorrow, who knows.
Lucha Underground: 2015-02-11
taped 2015-01-17 @ Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California
Johnny Mundo vs Son of Havoc: good
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2015-02-07
taped 2015-01-30 @ Arena México
Terrible © vs Máximo for the CMLL World Heavyweight Championship: great
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-02-07
taped 2015-02-03 @ Arena México
Dragón Rojo Jr. © vs Niebla Roja for the CMLL World Middleweight Championship: good
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2015-02-07
Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Mr. Águila, Terrible: good
AAA on Televisa: 2015-02-07
taped 2015-01-30 @ Gimnasio Agustín Millán, Toluca, Estado de México
Gotita de Plata, Niño Hamburguesa, Súper Nova vs Apache, Belial, Mamba: [good]
Angélico & Jack Evans vs Averno & Chessman: [good]
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
Leyendas Inmortales: 2015-02-08
Matches To Watch Later
IWRG (WED) 03/11/2015 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) Araña de Plata & Guerrero 2000 b Adrenalina & Omega
2) Alas de Acero b Atomik Star, Aramis, Voltar, Alfa
Alas de Acero beat Aramis.
3) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Apolo Estrada Jr., Dowki, Electro Boy, Hip Hop Man [lumberjack strap]
4) Cerebro Negro, Golden Magic, Relámpago b Argenis, Machine Rocker, Súper Fly
Cerebro Negro used the ropes to beat Super Fly.
5) Emperador Azteca, Eterno, Súper Nova b Ludxor, Niño Hamburguesa, Venum
Emperador Azteca replaced X-Fly. Team IWRG took 1/3, the match turning when Nino accidentally splashed Ludxor & Venum.
IWRG win two back after losing the cage match. Black Terry Jr. has highlights of the show.
IWRG also announced the 03/18 show will be another FILL show, including a 24 person cage match with wrestlers from the local school, from Gym Metropolitano and Gym Zeus. Those are Super Pinocho and Oficial 911’s schools.
Rey Misterio Jr. appeared on Wrestling Observer Live yesterday. When asked about his AAA status, he said he agreed for a few dates and hasn’t signed on for that. He’s said the same in other interviews. The newsletter itself reported Mysterio debuting in Lucha Underground next weekend as a certainty. The AAA press conference implied he was back for a lot more than that and it may end up that way. Alberto said the same sort of things when he first returned to AAA and may have not signed a contract until just before he started on Lucha Underground. I still assume the same thing is going to happen here, with Rey Mysterio Jr. officially signing sometime in the next 10 days and starting on Lucha Underground next weekend. It’s also possible he’s signed, but they’re just trying to keep it quiet so Lucha Underground gets to make that big announcement. We’ll probably know for sure around 9pm CT next Saturday.
Vamper Revolucion held another press conference for their show this Saturday at Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera. Tercera Caida, R de Rudo, and Estrellas del Ring covered it. There doesn’t appear to be much news. Dalys will replace Zeuxis in the women’s match. Super Nova and Fuerza Guerrera were both in attendance and teased a singles match for the next show. Fuerza says he doesn’t expect his super libre match against Negro Casas on this show to be a street fight, but they may push the normal rules a bit. +LuchaTV has an interview with the Brazos saying they don’t need to be booked thru CMLL; I haven’t had a chance to listen to this, but I’d assume the Brazos are like the Invasors, technically indy guys who are booked thru CMLL. (That distinction is lost on normal fans.)
Kamaitachi told MedioTempo he wants to be the best Japanese ever in CMLL. He’s 100% sure he’s winning (and breaking the run of non-success by Japanese, he notes.) Kamaitachi said he didn’t understand the Mexican style at first and it took a while for him to get a hold of it. Kamaitachi learned Dragon Lee could fly and hit very hard, which pleased Kamiatachi and they became rivals after that.
Mesias says he’s not allied with anyone, but was angry about being lost in the shuffle in AAA and not being programmed in big matches, ones he feel he earned. Mesias explains he did not trust Konnan & Cibernetico’s offer to join them, figuring it was just another one of their tricks. Mesias’ feelings changed when Demon & Parka didn’t trust him in their trios match, which Mesias felt was disrespectful and proved the rudos were right all along.
Myzteziz says he’s a luchador who’s always helped other luchadors, and now he’s like to help his brothers join him in a main even trio. Myzteziz says the Roldan’s did not totally reject this idea. That was kind of them. Argos doesn’t seem to be getting many bookings with AAA, working only in some shows Myzteziz main events. Dropping Consejo as an ongoing group has turned the non-Texano/Fantasma members into very part timers.
CMLL Informa aired last night. The Daylight Savings Time delay makes it harder for me to work in, the feed not working when I tried to check it made it kind of impossible. It definitely was working later, but I had moved on. Scanning thru the news sections, there’s not much news: they did mention Mascara Dorada (and his feud with Kenny Omega) and they are still taping Puebla in HD despite not apparently airing it anywhere. Someone’s got to ask them where we can watch Puebla one of these weeks. The start of the show called the Panthers vs Virus/Tiger/Puma as match of the week.
CMLL now lists Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcon Jr. in place of Fuego & Pegasso on Tuesday’s show.
CMLL’s story on Amapola & Silueta to Japan mentions they’ll be working a second show on April 5th and then returning on April 6th. There’s also a look back at past Homenaje a Dos Leyendas; this year is the 20th, if you use some retroactive inclusion.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s Wednesday news update.
DoradaFan has a music video of 12/23/2014 CMLL, a terrible show.
Hijo de Fishman says his focus in Sunday’s cage match is to protect his mask.
Pentagon Jr. b Argenis (5:03, standing surfboard armbar)
Angelico b Ivelisse (6:12, spinning kick to the head)
Johnny Mundo b King Cuerno in a cage match (13:40, top of the cage tornillo moonsault)
Dr. Striker updated us on the injury status of Pentagon Jr.’s past victims
Famous B – UCL reconstruction
Ricky Mandell – humerus, clavicle, scapula reconstructed
Vinny Massaro – no info known yet
Argenis controlled the early portion of the match, but Pentagon came back to destroy him and broke his arm.
Announcers were unaware Son of Havoc would be referee until he appeared for the match. Ivelisse got in some nice offense, but was helped by Angelico not wanting to hurt her adn Son of Havoc blatantly helping her. In the end, Iveisse got annoyed by the help, and an Angelico kick meant for Havoc got her instead. The story seemed more about Angelico foiling Havoc & Ivelisse’s plans than any breakup between them.
Mundo and Cuerno destroyed each other in the cage. Cuerno had a chance to escape, but it would’ve taken falling out of his mask to the floor and he did not do it. Mundo had a chance to escape, but instead pulled off the moonsault to win.
Catrina warned Fenix that the only way to get rid of Mil Muertes would be to bury him. In a separate segment, Catrina reminded Mil Muertes that they first met on the day of the earthquake, the day Mil embraced the persona of Mil Muertes, but told him all must come to an end. Catrina told Mil Muertes she would have Fenix put him in a coffin in a Grave Consequences match next week, trapping him again like he was in the earthquake. Catrina seemed to appear and disappear like a phantom in these segments
Another Konnan Vengeance promo aired.
Argenis actually looked better with Fenix than Pentagon, which is not something I would’ve ever bet on. He was still fine and they got the purpose of the match over.
Angelico/Ivelisse was not near as bad as suggested in the reports. It was also definitely edited; they left a little bit of Angelico flirting in there, but played down or edited out other elements. (His suggestive cover on Ivelisse was about partly got the far away video camera treatment.)
Main event was Great, easily among the best matches they’ve had on this show. Putting them in a cage would seem to take away some of their usual offense, but they did a lot of fun side of the cage spots that made it worked. They took advantage of the environment and the tight spaces to pull off moves that wouldn’t normally work. It was worked as a completely even match where either man could’ve won. Mundo is clearly on a higher tier than Cuerno and did decisively won in the end, but not before both men looked great.
The Grave Consequences match was played up in a special commercial for the episode. All the reports from the show suggested this was a big deal match and we got to see a little tease of it.
This was another quality show.
CMLL (TUE) 03/10/2015 Arena México [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Leono & Sensei b Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito b Astral, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito
Mercurio challenged Astral for a title match, and Astral challenged for a title shot.
3) Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Nitro b Oro Jr., Soberano Jr., Star Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Delta b Sagrado [lightning]
Delta with with his Delta Formation submission in 6:59
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Fuego b Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Gran Guerrero
6) Kráneo, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Mistico, Titán, ValienteExcited for the title match. Mercurio has been really good of late.
Lucha Underground today has
- Pentagon Jr. vs Argenis
- Angelico vs Ivelisse, with Son of Havoc as guest referee.
- King Cuerno vs Johnny Mundo in a cage (video of the first couple minutes)
There’s also a Fenix/Catrina interaction, judging from this teaser video.
Tonight’s show starts a run of three straight episodes with big stipulation main events. The Fenix/Muertes, Alberto/Texano, Cage/Puma matches all take place the next two weeks, all in big stipulations matches which end their feuds. The Crew/Big Ryck/Sexy Star feud also resolves. It’s kind of a pseudo-PPV, it’s kind of a deck clearing bit with most of April being taken up with other feuds. This should be a fun run of shows.
Pentagon Jr. says he’ll make Myzteziz and Rey Misterio suffer at Rey de Reyes.
Hijo del Fantasma is sure he’s keeping the cruiserweight championship, and wants to win all the AAA titles.
AYM has an interviews Faby Apache.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Alas de Acero & Adrenalina vs Power Bull & Magnum from Sunday’s IWRG show.
Segunda Caida starts a look at Sin Salida 2010.
Flamita’s March 6th match from Dragon Gate is up on DailyMotion
SuperLuchas looks back at Ray Mendoza winning the NWA Middleweight Championship for the first time on a past March 10th.
An headline saying Terrible & Rey Bucanero are the favorite at Dos Leyendas, but the article does not really make the case at all. To be fair, that’s a hard case to make.
A new restaurant inside of the Minnesota Twins stadium has a wall of luchador masks.
IWRG (SUN) 03/15/2015 Arena Naucalpan
Guerra del Golfo, 2015
1) Omega vs Atomic Star
2) Emperador Azteca & Metaleón vs Hip Hop Man & Imposible
3) Black Terry, Chicano, Hijo De Dos Caras vs Negro Navarro, Rayan, Spector
4) Cien Caras Jr. vs Eterno, Danny Casas, El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Fishman, Veneno, Oficial 911 [cage, loser advances]
5) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. vs X-Fly, Relámpago, Universo 2000 Jr., Hijo de LA Park, Apolo Estrada, Oficial AK47, Máscara Sagrada [cage, loser advances]
6) ? vs ?? [cage, mask, hair]
Annual weird IWRG cage match (not to be confused with the two other annual IWRG weird cage matches.) The great thing about IWRG is there are so many guys who lose these matches all the time that it’s really hard to figure out which one exactly is going to lose. X-Fly’s there, for sure, but so are the Oficials and Apolo, and Eterno and Diablo are definitely capable of losing this. So many options.
CMLL (TUE) 03/17/2015 Arena México
1) Angelito & Fantasy vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Flyer, Magnus, Robin vs Disturbio, Espiritu Negro, Metálico
3) Fuego, Pegasso, Tritón vs Puma, Sangre Azteca, Tiger
4) Astral © vs Mercurio [CMLL MINI]
Astral’s 3rd defense.
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Euforia, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
6) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
so the new Hijos del Infierno are teaming up on the Friday and Tuesday prior to H2L, just not on the show itself. Polvora & Rey Escorpion continue to run into Angel de Oro & Dragon Rojo in the semimain.
No Tuesday lightning match means Angel de Oro vs Hechicero from Sunday will probably be uploaded by CMLL itself.
CMLL (TUE) 03/17/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Reycko vs Demonio Maya & Relampago
2) Leo, Soberano Jr., Star Jr. vs Artillero, Ráfaga, Súper Comando
3) Goya Kong, Princesa Sugehit, Silueta vs Dalys, Reyna Isis, Tiffany
4) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
5) Negro Casas & Shocker © vs Marco Corleone & Rush [CMLL TAG]
Shocker & Casas’ fifth defense, all versus Ingobernable teams
Canny move by the Ingobernables to add Marco – three new combinations to get title matches!
Guerreros vs Sky Team comes to Guadalajara (probably six days before a title match in Puebla.)
Reyna Isis gets a match! Zeuxis being injured opened up a spot. This would be Isis’ first match on a main CMLL show.