IWRG (SUN) 11/08/2015Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Guerrero 2000 & Vampiro Metálico b Dragón Bane & Osiris An Osiris previously appeared in 2009, this is probably a new one.
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Atomic Star, Diablo Jr. I, Hip Hop Man, Ram El Carnero This is a new Leo.
3) Mega, Super Mega, Ultra Mega b Fresero Jr., Golpeador, Spector Spector & Fresero replaced Oficial AK47 & Rayan.
4) Diva Salvaje, Hijo del Pantera, Relámpago b Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Eterno Hijo del Pantera replaced Pantera (in Toronto)
5) El Hijo del Solitario, Hijo De Dos Caras, Veneno DQ Canis Lupus, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pirata Morgan Mascara gave Veneno a martinete for a DQ. Rafael el Maya was referee on this show.
No sign of referee Rosas, who was the one awarded Golden Magic the win in Castillo del Terror. It wasn’t his fault, but maybe he’s been ‘suspended’ for a bit.
Sombra’s not on NJPW’s next tour, not in the tag league. CMLL & Sombra probably would’ve known this advance, so the quick pace of the Sombra/Rush issue has nothing with needing to do it before he left for a tour of Japan. Everything from the last few months makes sense in the context of Sombra leaving to go to WWE – but CMLL rarely makes that much sense, rarely has such a coherent plan, so it’s hard to believe that’s actually what’s occurring. Averno had a random trios match on his way out. Mascara Dorada won a title match and was just in regular matches when he was going to NJPW for a year. Things in CMLL seem to happen by randomness, or for internal reasons never actually explained. There’s enough strangness that it feels like something is going on, but it doesn’t actually mean there’s something to it.
(Of course, the counter point to CMLL never really writing people out is Dark Angel’s recent farewell.)
The Cibernetico & Chessman appearance on next week’s Elite Lucha Libre show seems to be the thing everyone’s talking about today, though no one involved seems to be saying much. It was up on CMLL’s website for about thirty minutes, but the screenshot of the lineup lives on. The best guess I have here is this was a real lineup, at least at some point, but either wasn’t really supposed to get out yet (until Elite had a chance to announce the surprises themselves) or Cibernetico & Chessman decided they were no longer going to be on that card at some point and it was pulled. It took Elite till about Wednesday to announce their lineup last week, maybe it’ll be the same speed this week.
Maybe we’ll get more on this when Dorian Roldan has that interview later today.
CMLL’s Puebla show tonight has the Sky Team versus Peste Negra (Niebla, Casas, Cavernario) in what appears to be a prelude to a trios title match next week. The semimain is another relevos increibles with Atlantis, Dragon Rojo & La Mascara versus Sombra, Marco Corleone and Ultimo Guerrero, which could mean more Ingobernables fighting. Locals working the show tonight are Asturiano, Astro (not the IWRG guy), Mini Joker, Sauron Arkalis, Lestat, and Zaeta Roja. The show will air live on CMLL’s YouTube channel at 9pm CT.
CMLL (SUN) 11/15/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Johnny Dinamo & Micro vs Black Sugar & Guerrero de la Muerte
2) Capitan Cobra & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Avispón Negro Jr. & Demonio Rojo
3) El Yaqui & Nube Roja vs El Chakal & Mr. Apolo
4) El Divino, Frezzer, Reycko vs Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno, Thunder Boy
5) Kempo Dragón, Magnum, Vaquero Jr. vs Exterminador, Maléfico, Ráfaga
Back to only locals here
AAA ZZinc (SUN) 11/22/2015Auditorio Jose Maria Morelos y Pavon, Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
1) Mr. 450, Rey Horus, Venum vs Bestia 666, Speedball, Steve Pain
2) Dinastía, Mickie James, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Lady Shani, Mamba, Mini Charly Manson
3) Aerostar, Australian Suicide, Súper Nova vs Sanada, Sonjay Dutt, Willie Mack
4) Garza Jr., Hijo De Dos Caras, Psycho Clown vs Magnus (UK), Moose, Psicosis I
5) Carlito, Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Mysterio Jr. vs ?, Chris Masters, Drew Galloway
This is the last of four days of this tour; cards aren’t out for the other day but figure to be just about the same. Brodus Clay was probably supposed to be in the main event – his picture is still on the poster – but they also probably took his name off when after he wasn’t on the Veracruz show.
These are also going up against the second weekend of Lucha Underground tapings, which suggests anyone on this show can’t be on those (and won’t be on their TV in February unless they tape out of order.) AAA’s done so with switching lineups that I wouldn’t consider this definitive.
EDIT: The lineup was removed from CMLL’s website about a half hour it was posted. Alfredo took a screen shot here.
AAA’s Hell Brothers (plus a mystery partner who may or may not be Averno) are listed as headlining Arena Mexico next week. Could this be Chessman & Cibernetico jumping from AAA? Could this be some sort of bizarre agreement between CMLL, AAA and All Elite despite AAA never wanting to work with Caristico again as recently as a month ago? Could this just mean Elite has a crazy amount amount of money to throw at people? Yes to all! It’s late, it’s Sunday, no one’s going to react to this right away, but this is obviously a huge deal with big ramifications (and small ones – those guys are supposed to main event the Juarez TV taping that night) to lucha libre. I have absolutely no idea what to make of it.
Cards are subject to change – Maximo Sexy is on this card because he backed out of jumps to AAA before. I’m not sure AAA would actually mind losing those two from an in-ring perspective. Both guys seemed to not fit with the match style AAA wants to do going forward, but it’s more an embarrassment of more people jumping off the ship (to the point where you have to start to be a little concerned about the ship taking on water or something.) This match isn’t probably going to be good for Elite either, but it’s a crazy main event people are going to go see just to see if it actually happens.
Absolutely everyone is going to believe that’s Averno – but if was Averno, why not just list him? And can we really believe Caristicio now when he say he didn’t try to get people to jump with him when AAA guys are following him to his promotion?
Rest of the card seems OK.
The rest of the news, as I had it before that card got posted.
Cara Lucha (SAT) 11/07/2015Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México [@TKD_117, +LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr., Estrellas del Ring, KronoSports,The Gladiatores] 1) Estrella De Oro & Zonik b Vengador & Yin Sang One of the better matches on the show. 2) Centvrión, Fly Warrior, Látigo b Leo, Mike, Rafy It was supposed to be Teelo, but (a new) Leo replaced him. Also, Mike didn’t have his shell for much of the match. Good match, money thrown in. 3) Aramis, Fly Star, Toxin b Magnífico I, Magnífico II, Templario Good match. 4) Drastik Boy, Emperador Azteca, Sensei b Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico good match 5) Tiger b Golden Magic Tiger replaced Angel de Oro and won with with two Canadian Destroyers. Fans were anti-Golden Magic, still upset about the Castillo del Terror finish. Tiger asked for a title shot (IWRG Juniors), which Golden Magic ignored. 6) Carístico b Ángel de Oro, Cavernario, Hechicero Angel de Oro replaced Flamita (working with AAA.) Caristico beat Oro with La Mistica. There were post matches challenges for a a Caristico/Angel de Oro vs Barbaro/Hechicero match, and the rudos took the tecnico’s masks.
Show sounds like it was pretty fun. Black Terry Jr. has highlights of the main event already above. Don’t know why they’re changing Leo’s identity. I feel like I want to blame the podcast.
CMLL (SAT) 11/07/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Leono b Apocalipsis
2) Último Dragoncito b Pequeño Violencia
3) Okumura b Súper Halcón Jr.
4) Sangre Azteca b Hombre Bala Jr.
5) Princesa Sugehit & Silueta b Amapola & Tiffany
6) Super Porky b Kráneo
7) Dragon Lee, La Máscara, Valiente b Ephesto, Morphosis, Ripper
Usual note about nothing happening on these shows.
ELITE Lucha Libre (SUN) 11/08/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Dinamic Black & Metaleón b Cancerbero & Raziel moved to the opener.
2) Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Silueta, Syuri Dalys & Zeuxis challenged for the REINA tag team titles held by Silueta and Syuri.
3) Ángel de Oro & Golden Magic b Gran Guerrero & Kamaitachi Tecnicos won despite Golden Magic being hurt on a dive.
4) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther b Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II Panthers took 1/3, Blue Panther submitting Negro Navarro in the third.
5) Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween DQ Máximo Sexy, Valiente, Volador Jr. Damian faked a foul from Maximo to draw a DQ. Maximo challenged everyone to a hair match.
6) La Sombra & Último Guerrero b Atlantis & Carístico Rudos took 1/3, with Sombra defeating Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero giving Caristico his first pinfall loss in Arena Mexico.
Attendance looks as terrible as that main event booking decision. I don’t know why you possibly have Ultimo Guerrero beat Caristico. Even if they’re running the rematch or a singles match next week, they really didn’t need to beat Caristico to do that, they didn’t need to beat him clean and Ultimo Guerrero is the last guy who should beat him. Otherwise, great move! This is the same sort of dumb that seems to be involved in all Ultimo Guerrero matches since he lost his mask.
(To a less extent – but still the same overall problem – having Blue Panther beat Negro Navarro was equally short sided. The draw of these shows is seeing CMLL against big outside names. If the outsider are losing already, then they’re not that big of a deal and the matchups aren’t that special. Elite really needed the Navarros to win that match.)
Elite looks doomed anyway. They evidently opened the upper level so they expected a big crowd, but the floor – not the entire building, just the floor – looks less than half full. Promoting shows regularly is a lot tougher than coming back once every couple months, and there wasn’t near the level of promotion for this show as there was when these were special events. You’d have to follow things closely to know this was a CMLL show – it’s up on CMLL’s site as if it was a normal show – except it got less attention than those because CMLL didn’t start to acknowledge it until Saturday. EDIT: Maybe adding AAA luchadors would fix things? Just a thought I organically added here.
It can’t just be the Elite promoting, though. Caristico’s appearance doesn’t seem to have drawn anything special to Cara Lucha either. Caristico seems like a discharged battery at the moment. Maybe he can charged back up, but just throwing him in matches won’t be enough.
I was right about the tag title match! I just had the wrong show. I feel largely better about the whole thing.
decadas80s90s2000s was already putting up matches from the show as I was writing from this. He’s in the upper level, so they must’ve opened it up expecting to sell a lot of tickets.
Guadalajara did live results for a while but then stopped before the main event. Maybe later. Metalik, who hadn’t appeared on a show in two years, was suddenly in the semimain. Fuerza Guerrera didn’t show. That sort of show.
Speaking of weird builds to the future and Sombra, there’s something strange going on with him and the tag league. Back in September, Sombra said he was heading to Japan in November for the tag league. Naito has been teasing a mystery partner for the tag league, which surely was going to be Sombra; I would’ve assumed that even if Sombra wasn’t said to be heading to Japan. On NJPW’s PPV this weekend, Naito said it was going to be Evil (Takaai Watanabe.) Weird!
NJPW will have a press conference to announce the teams in that tournament just after I post this. If Sombra’s isn’t on in that tournament and isn’t going to Japan, then plans have changed and a lot of red flags are waving for me. (There’s a slight chance NJPW might also announce the FantasticaMania roster at that press conference; this is usually the timing but nothing’s been said.)
Dorian Roldan will appear on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio tomorrow afternoon. These kind of appearances are usually built around an announcement – the last time Dorian did these interviews was to hype TripleMania – and they’re hinting at some big news about AAA. I had multiple pargraphs about this being Guerra de Titanes on US PPV and the chances of it doing well. It was some good stuff. Now, with Chessman & Cibernetico showing up on a Elite card, maybe it’s some much bigger deal. AAA’s long wanted to do a CMLL versus AAA feud. That main event looks like a CMLL versus AAA feud. It’s be utterly bizarre for AAA to send guys main eventing their show (their first major show in a city in years) to some other show. I don’t know what’s going on, but this interview should be fun.
Lucha Memes (SUN) 11/22/2015Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Iron Kid vs Leviatham, Sádico, Yakuza
2) Demasiado vs Onita Santana
3) Keira vs Aero Boy
4) Zumbido vs Shocker
5) Black Terry vs Virus
6) Caifan vs Hechicero
7) Pagano vs Último Guerrero
Ultimo Guerrero versus Pagano is an amazing freak show of a match. Some of the other matches will just be good matches.
AAA TV (FRI) 11/06/2015Arena Xalapa, Xalapa, Veracruz [AAA]
1) Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Psycho Clown b Dinastía & Octagoncito added match. Mini Abismo pinned Dinastia to set up the title match in Juarez.
2) Faby Apache, Goya Kong, Pimpinela Escarlata b La Hiedra, Lady Shani, Mamba Lady Shani replaced Maravilla (with Faby being moved from the ruda to the tecnica side) on 10/28. Neither Faby or Shani are listed as wrestling in the official results but at least Shani appeared to be at the taping. Goya beat Hiedra.
3) Aerostar, Australian Suicide, Fireball b Daga, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Steve Pain Suicide got the win (and gave Daga a black eye); Daga attacked him after.
4) Mr. 450, Súper Fly, Texano Jr. b Angélico, Garza Jr., Jack Evans Mr. 450 replaced Fantasma (moved up to another match). Texano beat Garza
5) El Mesías, Hijo del Fantasma, Taurus b Drago, Murder Clown, Speedball Brodus was originally listed as Brodus Clay, and then didn’t appear at all. Fantasma replaced him. Mesias beat Drago.
6) Johnny Mundo, Low Ki, Pentagón Jr. b Fénix, Psycho Clown, Rey Misterio Jr. Mundo fouled Rey, who bled. Low Ki’s first appearance since appearing on one show in 2006.
Air Date: extra match means this airs 11/21 and 11/28, bumping Juarez back a week.
Alberto bled a lot in his AAA run after not bleeding at all. Rey now takes over the role of the main event sympathetic bleeder. There doesn’t seem to be any explanation of what happened to Mundo on Monday.
There were a lot of people who seemed iffy for this show or the next, but one no one seemed concerned about was Brodus Clay. Of course, he’s the one who doesn’t appear. I don’t think people were unconcerned because he was sure to come, but because no one could figure out why he was in AAA in the first place. Fantasma’s doing a lot of fill in work.
I’m not really sure what happened with the women. Lady Shani posted photos of herself with Low Ki and Steve Pain and AAA posted about her earlier in day, so she was at this show but not listed in the results. Guess we figure it out when it airs.
Some of the minis were on the show the next day and adding them gives AAA one more week of TV, so it made sense to add them and build up the (already announced) title match for Juarez. It’s possible they could add another match there as well, or it’ll be the same situation as Verano de Escandalo where the PPV airs on free TV about six days after it airs.
Might as well take care of the show the next day too…
AAA ZZInc (SAT) 11/07/2015Auditorio Benito Juárez, Veracruz, Veracruz [@manrayk, La Doce, xeudeportes]
1) Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star b Goya Kong, Mascarita Sagrada, Pimpinela Escarlata
2) Australian Suicide & Fireball b Speedball & Willie Mack Fireball beat Willie Mack
3) Fénix & Rey Horus b Drago & Sanada Drago replaced Mr. 450. Fenix used a 450 to beat Sanada.
4) Chessman, El Mesías, Pentagón Jr. b Garza Jr., Hijo De Dos Caras, Psicosis I Chessman replaced Brodus. Mesias fouled Nicho and splashed him for the win.
5) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Mysterio Jr. b Johnny Mundo, Low Ki, Roderick Strong Rey beat Mundo, with Wagner turning on his team post match.
One of the few storylines AAA’s been pushing each week on TV is Fantasma putting out an open challenge for his cruiserweight title. They haven’t done anything with people on the live shows challenging for it, which makes me guess it’s someone new. Maybe Horus debuting, since he’s probably going to end up in AAA if he’s also ending up in Lucha Underground. (Sanada would also make sense as a surprise guy, but he’s heading back to Japan for Nosawa next month and I have no idea if he’s coming back.)
The storylines AAA hasn’t been talking about are the ones everyone else is talking about. There was no mention of Myzteziz and there’s been no mention of Alberto or the heavyweight championship. If you’re just following the TV show, you’re probably slightly surprised neither man has been around a lot the last few weeks but have no idea that anything has happened with them. There’s not even a hint of what they’re going to do with the situation. They did hype Dr. Wagner as appearing on next week’s TV situation, to make clear they still had big stars coming to those who do know about the departures.
It does now look like Alberto will for a Spanish speaking promotion, but it’ll be Puerto Rico’s WWC. He showed up on their TV this week as a surprise, the final of a few weeks of vignettes. (Ray Gonzalez Jr. had traveled to Texas to train with an old family friend, only for Alberto to make a surprise appearance and attack him, obviously setting up a match with him and Ray Sr.) These vignettes seemed like they were taped a few weeks ago and it was weird to see them still air since there couldn’t be a payoff – but there will be. Wrestling Observer reports Alberto will wrestle for WWC. WWC works as local promoter for WWE’s Puerto Rico’s shows. AAA does not work in that role for Mexico, so it still seems unlikely he’ll be back.
CMLL (FRI) 11/06/2015Arena México [CMLL, thecubsfan]
1) Astral & Eléctrico b Demus 3:16 & Mercurio 14:09. Tecnicos looked very good, took 1/3.
2) Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther DQ Puma, Súper Comando, Tiger 16:19. Tecnicos took 1/3 in a good match. Puma pulled Fuego’s mask.
3) Marcela, Silueta, Syuri b Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis 13:42. Tecnicas took 2/3. Syuri’s return to CMLL; she and Silueta are REINA tag team champions and had the belts here.
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Boby Z, Dragón Rojo Jr., Thunder 13:42. Straight falls. Thunder was DQed for excessive violence in the first, the others were pinned in the second.
5) Diamante Azul, La Máscara, Super Parka b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas 12:36. Tecnicos took 2/3. La Mascara switched places with Mistico on Thursday. Diamante Azul’s first match after another four month break in France.
6) Mistico & Rush b La Sombra & Volador Jr. 10:44. Mistico switched places with La Mascara on Thursday. Team Mistico & Rush took falls 2/3. Volador & Sombra did not get along, while Rush & Mistico had no problem. Volador was knocked down on the floor late and Sombra threw Mistico into the crowd. Rush & Sombra were left with no choice to fight. Rush tried to walk away, but Sombra cradled him from behind for two and it was on from there. Rush nearly got the corner dropkick and the referee nearly got taken once before being dropped moments later. Rush fouled Sombra, but the referee took a while to recover. When he did, Sombra did the same to Rush and that was called for the DQ. Volador carried Mistico back to the ramp, only to throw a drink in his face and chase him off. Sombra and Rush talked, both declaring how they were the best two luchadors and they should fight to see who’s the best. They agreed next week, while also talking each other up and hugging at the end.
Enjoyed the show. There wasn’t anything as great as Sombra/Volador on last week’s iPPV, but there was a lot of very good stuff and the main event pushed things forward. Again, Rush & Sombra are having a match next week but they insist they’re not breaking up. I don’t know if we can believe them, but I’m very interested in seeing what happens. I don’t have video of the main event up yet, but it should be up on ClaroSports soon enough.
SANCHEZ (FRI) 11/06/2015Arena Neza [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, Funcion Estelar, Kronosport] 1) Kfu & Máscara Virtual b Jhon Crazy & Terror Boricua 2) Águila Del America & Ojo de Tigre Jr. b Magnético & Súper Bólido 3) Mr. Jack & Mr. Jack Jr. b Alas De Oro & As De Diamantes As De Diamantes is one of the 10 names Diamante is using. 4) Black Terry & Starman Jr. b Heavy Metal & Máscara Año 2000 Starman JR. replaced Rambo. Metal & Mascara didn’t get along and Terry feuded with them both, teasing a three way hair match. 5) Canek, El Fantasma, Solar I DQ Fuerza Guerrera, Negro Navarro, Xandao Negro Navarro & Fantasma feuded, Navarro taking Fantasma’s mask off for the DQ
This was more or less another Leyendas Inmortales show. Scary low turnout.
CaraLuchas now has Caristico vs Angel de Oro vs Cavernario vs Hechicero, in a match more interesting than most of what Caristico’s been doing since he’s left AAA. (Though not totally for him.) This is a good show up and down the card, with the Mala Hiebra vs Tortuga Ninjas being a possible show stealer.
CMLL (FRI) 11/13/2015Arena México
1) Esfinge, Pegasso, Tritón vs Okumura, Puma, Tiger
2) Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit, Syuri vs Amapola, La Seductora, Zeuxis
3) Dragon Lee, Super Porky, Titán vs Kamaitachi, Pólvora, Vangellys
4) Diamante Azul, Super Parka, Valiente vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Thunder
6) La Sombra vs Rush
Sombra and Rush have had one match, but this one figures to go a differently than the last. They keep insisted they’re not breaking up. Sombra’s expected to start in NJPW for their next tour on 11/21, so this is his last Friday night show. His return would be 12/11 (which might be a December big show.) No one – not CMLL or NJPW – has acknowledged he’s leaving yet.
I can’t bother to write more about Thunder & UG. Tercera has Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi, and we’re getting closer to the last time for that in Mexico. Segunda makes me look like a fool; I was sure they were doing the tag title match, but Silueta (and Dalys) are both off this week, the women’s match last night was built around Zeuxis & Syuri, and those are two who are back. That’ll be a fun match if it happens.
Super Comando & the Panther get a night off after four straight Friday shows. It’s trending more towards a multiman cage match with masked man anyway. Okumura doesn’t quite fit in that, but maybe Pegasso or Triton will. (Pegasso’s stuck below the spot level where he might normally get a feud and has a long term knee injury. I don’t know that he’s even involved in all of this, but he probably would like to be.)
CMLL’s also now posting the Elite Lucha Libre card to it’s Arena Mexico lineup page. (The announcers ad copy was calling it Premier Liga last night; no one can pick a name for this thing and everyone looks silly.) Elite really only has a barely seen Facebook page as the entirety of the online promotion; getting onto CMLL.com will probably help them a bit.
What happened: The main event ended with Rush and Sombra fouling each other and agreeing on a singles match next week. Despite all of that, they insist they are still good friends. Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero continue to feud. The Panther & Super Comando do as well, though this week it was Puma who unmasked Fuego.
What was good: The opener minis match was very good and the second match had a lot of fun guys. The main event continued the big story and had some really big spots in it.
Where can I watch it: It aired live on ClaroSports (and wasn’t limited to Mexico this week.) It’ll be up on my YouTube channel eventually.(more…)
That DTU 8th anniversary show will be held on 12/19 in Arena Lopez Mateos. It reads as though both apuesta matches will occur. Maravilla was taken off tomorrow’s AAA TV taping some time right, which might have to do with her being free for this show – or maybe it’s just normal lucha randomness.
AAA held it’s first Mexican Madness show last night in Guadalajara. Rudos won the main event. Attendance looks a little low in the pictures they’ve posted. Running a new weekly show against Elite (even at a reduced lineup) and when there’s also an AAA spot show in the area on Saturday makes for a challenging debut. I can’t recall them mentioning these shows on TV either.
Today’s CMLL main event was supposed to be Sombra & Volador teaming up against La Mascara & Rush. CMLL even had Sombra & Volador on CMLL Informa to talk about that specific match. That’s not the match that’s happening. Mistico’s been moved into La Mascara’s spot in the main event. The CMLL preview notes the last minute change but doesn’t attempt to explain it. This seems to make the match more workable; Sombra previously would have to either not participate in the match or behave in a way he hasn’t in the last two years. There’s probably a Rush/Sombra spot they’re building to for the finish, but the match is better if Sombra isn’t fighting with La Mascara for 10 minutes before that.
La Mascara drops down to Mistico’s spot in the semifinal. That makes him partners with the return Diamante Azul and Super Parka, who’ve the Ingobernabels have been hassling since his return. They face the Peste Negra team of Felino, Mr. Niebla and Negro Casas. Ultimo Guerrero is still listed as wrestling, teaming with Euforia & Gran Guerrero versus Thunder, Bobby Z and Dragon Rojo. A CMLL big December show would be 4-6 weeks away, so it’s possible they could move forward on the UG/Thunder feud otnight.
El Pancracio interviews Syuri, who hints towards a (REINA) tag title match with her and Silueta defending against Zeuxis & Dalys. Those four just so happen to match up tonight, with Marcela and Tiffany rounding out the trios match. The Panther & Super Comando continue their feud in the segunda.
CMLL’s show is ‘back’ to starting at 8:30pm CT, if you changed your clocks back an hour this past week. (If your clock doesn’t change, it’s stuck at the new hour until March. Look here if you’re confused.) The show will air on ClaroSports. I do not know if it’ll be blocked for non-Mexico viewers, but it has been the last few times on this website and I’d bet on it happening again. (It does appear there’s a block on videos up now.) I may not be able to record this week’s show.
AAA tapes tonight in Xalapa. It’s a weird lineup, with Brodus (Clay) and Low-Ki working this show because they’re around for the ZZInc show the next day. The main event is Fenix, Psycho Clown, Rey Mysterio Jr. versus Johnny Mundo, Low-Ki and Pentagon Jr. Mundo wasn’t on Monday’s taping and it’s still not clear why. This week’s AAA show teased a Low-Ki/Mysterio feud, so it may not be a one off for him; another trios match like this be on Guerra de Titanes. The semimain is a bizarre Drago, Murder Clown, and Speedball versus Brodus, Mesias and Taurus trios. The full card is here, and the show will air on TV on November 21st.
Flamita will be on that show and has agreed to work with AAA going forward. He can’t work on shows with CMLL wrestlers so he’s off of Cara Luchas show this Saturday, with Angel de Oro stepping up to the main event to replace him. Golden Magic’s new opponent is to be determined. Cara Lucha posted a video explaining the change, making them more professional than the average lucha libre promotion. There’s a promo with Flamita at the end of that video apologizing.
Flamita working with AAA means he’s almost certainly going to be part of the next Lucha Underground season at some point. There’s no mention of where this leaves him with Dragon Gate.
Flamita is working the ZZInc show on Saturday instead of that CaraLucha show. It appears there’s the usual level of AAA disorganization involved; the Wrestling Observer mentioned Roderick Strong double booked himself for that date, because he hadn’t heard back from AAA for a long time and got himself another option, but will work the show as well. Another unnamed indy wrestler is mentioned as having the same issue.
An AAA interview with Hijo del Pirata Morgan explains his storyline: he felt like he fit better with Steve Pain & Daga and with La Sociedad in general. Electroshock told him he wanted to continue the Holocausto, Pirata told Electroshock he wasn’t interested and Pirata feels he made the right decision since Electroshock was such a terrible rudo that he joined the tecnicos by the end of the night.
I remembered AAA has an online store. They’ve barely mentioned it since TripleMania and haven’t updated it since then. Of the eight people features, two are no longer in AAA (Alberto & Myzteziz), Perro had passed away before the store went up (and you had to go somewhere else to get his shirt), and Sexy Star hadn’t wrestled with the promotion for months before yesterday.
this is the first week of a two week AAA taping, so the preview is just a coin toss. I do not know when AAA will begin putting up the TV shows on YouTube again.
CMLL is back on ClaroSports.com this Friday. I have no idea if it’ll be region blocked, but plan as if it will be. That main event listed there is not the current main event, but I’ll handle that tomorrow.
CMLL Informa confirmed ClaroSports (TV) will get Tuesday’s title match and those shows going forward. LATV will also get those Sunday shows, and may get the Terrible/Maximo match next week.