taped 2014-12-07 @ Auditorio Benito Juárez, Zapopan, Jalisco
It’s March and I’m just putting up a Guerra de Titanes recap.
CMLL (TUE) 03/03/2015 Arena México [Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Bengala & Leono b Akuma & Espiritu Negro
2) Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico b Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito
3) Princesa Sugehit b Tiffany [lightning]
Sugehit won via senton in 8:58.
4) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther b Puma, Tiger, Virus
Virus replaced Hechicero on Monday.
5) Dragon Lee, Super Porky, Titán b Luciferno, Rey Escorpión, Vangellys
Rey Escorpion’s first match since November, billed as a return from a long vacation. He got splashed by Porky.
6) Mistico, Stuka Jr., Volador Jr. b Ephesto, Mephisto, Ripper
Rey Mysterio is still in Mexico, so I’d guess he’s going to do more press today. There’s not a lot of details from yesterday’s press conference that haven’t been covered. They’re pushing the name change (“AAA Lucha Libre World Wide”) and the international competition is part of that. Every report seems to describe the field with the same “siete equipos, tres de ellos mexicanos y cinco foráneos” typo. The Alberto/Myzteziz/Mysterio team is meant to be “Legends” team. The other Mexican steams will be winners of a competition as part of the TV shows and an outside trio. That last may be the annual AAA outreach to CMLL bit.
Alberto’s said he told ROH about the competition while at their PPV this past weekend. That made it sound like an offer had been extended but they’re not locked in at this point. It’s March, the thing is happening in May, it would be unusual if everything was figured out already. The details are important to me, but the point was to get that trio together as a team and they did that.
Another maybe minor detail: AAA’s spelling his name Rey Mysterio. No “Jr.” and y instead of i, same as WWE. According to the Mexico Trademark Search, “Rey Mysterio” is owned by WWE (though some trademarks seem to be expired.) “Rey Misterio” is owned by Rey Sr.
The Gladiatores, Estrellas del Ring and R de Rudo have video of the press conference, and LuchaWorld has notes as well. El Pancracio has more photos from the event. Perro Jr. told Record that he’d welcome Rey back to Mexico just like he has with Alberto and Myzteziz. +LuchaTV also has interviews with Fantasma, Konnan, Myzteziz (who said a singles match with Rey would be a gift), Perro and Alberto.
Judging from photos and videos, AAA took the group back to their office after the press conference, probably recording videos for this week’s TV.
The Crash announced Rey will be returning to Tijuana on their 03/20 show. Match teased is Perro Jr. & TNA’s Suicide vs Rey Mysterio Jr. & Extreme Tiger. TNA doesn’t have anyone wrestling as Suicide at the moment (at last check, TJ Perkins had changed the gimmick and renamed it Manik), but it’s probably Xema Ion or someone else from TNA under a mask.
Tonight’s Lucha Underground show (ep 17) is titled “A War Started in Mexico…” The ellipses are part of the title. Matches on the schedule:
The title refers to the main event. There’s also a clip of a Alberto/Puma interaction, the first time they’ve run into each other, and acknowledging the inherent issue of having two champions in one promotion. (Alberto seems to have a solution.) There’s also a bonus Q&A with Dario Cueto, where we learn Dario is “not a big fan of democracy.”
There’s a promoted photo of Big Ryck vs Sexy Star. It’s not a great still to use. This week more than most.
Barbaro Cavernario posted a picture of his leg in a wrap and said he’d be out a few days. The injury apparently happened in Puebla.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
TerceraCaida is teasing the release of their top 100 moments of the year on March 8th.
Black Terry Jr. has video of the Fantasma de la Opera, Cerebro Negro, Bronx vs Angel o Demonio, Perico & Leon Rojo.
Misterioso Jr. says he’s on CMLL Informa today, probably to talk about his tag title win.
An interview with Euforia reveals it was actually his brother who wanted to join CMLL. He came with to Mexico City to support his brother, and ended up being the one who stayed.
Herodes Jr. challenged Hijo del Ninja to a mask for the 04/12 ChilangaMask show. Herodes is on the LyC card coming up in a few weeks; Ninja should just say yes now to prevent Herodes from costing him his tag title match.
Segunda Caida reviews more Hector Garza.
CMLL has highlights of the 02/27 CMLL show.
SuperLuchas looks back at a Mexican Women’s Championship match on March 3, 1967. I used to think the national women’s title didn’t consistently exist until the mid 1980s, but now I think it just looks that way because it was mostly defended away from Mexico City.
There’s an upcoming benefit show for a child in need of a heart operation in Ciudad Victoria. The child’s name is listed as Kurt Cobain.
IWRG (SUN) 03/08/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Adrenalina & Alas de Acero vs Magnum 44 & Power Bull
2) Diva Salvaje, Estrella Divina, Miss Gaviota vs Black Fury, Dark Lady, Kamilión
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Metaleón vs Liderk, Rayan, Spector
4) Danny Casas, Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic vs Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Súper Nova, Veneno vs Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Negro Navarro, X-Fly
Not sure if main even is supposed to be incredible partners or what.
CMLL (TUE) 03/10/2015 Arena México
1) Leono & Sensei vs Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
3) Oro Jr., Soberano Jr., Star Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Nitro
4) Delta vs Sagrado [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Fuego vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Gran Guerrero
6) Mistico, Titán, Valiente vs Kráneo, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Main event should be fun, as should the minis match.
CMLL (TUE) 03/10/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Brillante & Virgo vs Évola & Infierno
2) Flyer, Omar Brunetti, Pegasso vs Canelo Casas, Disturbio, Jocker
3) Blue Panther Jr., Esfinge, The Panther vs Okumura, Puma, Tiger
4) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky vs Mr. Águila, Ripper, Vangellys
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Terrible
Ingobernables know they need to be booked in atomicos but the programmers are still slow on that.
Lucha Underground: 2015-01-28
taped 2014-10-19 @ Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California
Bael, Cortez Castro, Mr. Cisco vs Aerostar, Argenis, Súper Fly – good
Prince Puma vs Cage [Lucha Underground Champ] – good
AAA on Televisa: 2015-01-24
taped 2014-12-07 @ Auditorio Benito Juárez, Zapopan, Jalisco
Fénix & Myzteziz vs Angélico & Jack Evans © and Joe Lider & Pentagón Jr. for the AAA World Tag Team Championship: [GOOD]
Aerostar vs Súper Fly, mask vs mask: [GREAT]
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2015-01-24
taped 2015-01-13 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Leo & Star Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte & Maléfico: [good]
Dragon Lee, Esfinge, Pegasso vs Puma, Tiger, Virus: [good]
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2015-01-24
taped 2015-01-20 @ Arena México
Shockercito, Stukita, Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito: [good]
Blue Panther Jr., Starman, The Panther vs Misterioso Jr., Raziel, Sagrado: [good]
Estrellita vs Zeuxis: [good]
Blue Panther, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Euforia, Hechicero, Niebla Roja:[good]
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
CMLL on Terra: 2015-01-25
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2015-01-24
Leyendas Inmortales: 2015-01-25
Matches To Watch Later
IWRG Zona XXI: 2015-01-27
taped 2015-01-25 @ Arena Naucalpan
Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs Liderk, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Rayan:
Rey Misterio Jr. has returned to AAA. AAA announced Rey’s return as the surprise at a press conference today, immediately putting him with Myzteziz and Alberto el Patron for photo ops and a trios match to come. The press conference emphasized the history of AAA and it’s image to change to be a worldwide company, and Rey Misterio Jr. is uniquely part of both. Rey was announced as returning to the AAA ring on Rey de Reyes on 03/15 and for another event on 05/23. No match was announced for either show (and the Rey de Reyes card remains a mystery.)
LuchaTV has video of Rey answering questions briefly after the press conference.
This was part of a big press event, as you can see from all the people swarming Rey. The Rey announcement came at the end of about an hour presentation highlighting the new AAA: a segment highlight it’s roster (saying they had 99 wrestlers, and Rey made 100), it’s new logo (AAA Lucha Libre World Wide), and it’s expansion into the US via Lucha Underground. Their sponsors were also shown off: Televisa was given an award for their partnership, the AAA wrestlers were wearing Everlast gear, Victoria is sponsoring a special show, and other group were mentioned or posting on Twitter about the conference.
There wasn’t a lot of news on the show outside of Rey’s return, but any other news would’ve gotten completely lost. There’s a few other noteworthy things:
An “International Tournament of Lucha Libre” was announced for 05/23, sponsored by Victoria. The explanation of the competition came thru a bit muddled. It’s a team competition, with groups representing different countries, and the rest of the details may be wrong. Tercera Caida’s notes said Mexico will be represented by an AAA team, an indy team and a “Reconocidos de México” team, the US will have two teams, Japan will have a team, and the rest of the world will be on one team. That’s seven teams, an odd number for a tournament, so there’s probably something we’re missing. This is obviously going to be a big show, and possibly the big show between Rey de Reyes and TripleMania.
The AAA team will be Myzteziz, Alberto, and Rey Misterio, which is how they introduced Rey and got the photo op of all three together. They’re the obvious favorites, but it’d be an easy way to build to TripleMania by having someone cheat the dream team out of the win. Hijo del Fantasma was listed as participating, which suggests the indy team may be a different way of referring to a Perros del Mal team (or maybe they’re the eight team.) Jack Evans was also pictured in the competition, so he goes on one of the US teams. It’d be an easy way to introduce others from Lucha Underground. The Japan team is curious, since AAA doesn’t have any current relationship with a Japanese group, but are probably very enticing to a Japanese group given their current roster. Angelico, Australian Suicide, and one more are likely the Rest of the World Team.
Dorian Roldan, when talking about Lucha Underground, mentioned it’d be coming to Mexico soon. This wasn’t emphasized by AAA, which makes it appear more something like it’s a plan but nothing solid yet.
No Rey de Reyes lineup yet, but that may be something that comes out (one way or another) in the next few days. This press conference didn’t stream anywhere, but highlights should be a part of this week’s AAA TV show.
Rey’s expected to join Lucha Underground as well, though that wasn’t announced here. There’s no hurry to do that, since they’re taped into May and his first appearance won’t air for a couple months. Lucha Underground waited until Alberto stepped into the ring (the last bit on the last show taped on that Saturday) to announce his signing, and it’s likely to be repeated for Misterio.
CMLL (MON) 03/02/2015 Arena Puebla [El Popular, Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Black Tiger, Meyer, Star Jr. b Espanto Jr., Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
2) Oro Jr., Pegasso, Rey Samuray b Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Policeman
Pegasso beat Nitro.
3) Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma
4) Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero b Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán
Bucanero beat Angel de Oro
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush b Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker
Rush’s return to the building after breaking his leg her 3 months ago. Ingobernables were DQed in the first, won the second clean, and Rush snuck in a foul on Negro Casas for the win.
Rush is back to normal. That’s the end of the program in Puebla – no title match, no singles match this time.
AAA has a major press conference this afternoon. That’ll get it’s own post later, but they appeared to be teasing a Perro Aguayo Jr. & Pentagon Jr. vs Myzteziz & Rey Misterio Jr. match for Rey de Reyes last night.
If Rey Misterio is announced for an AAA match today, it won’t be the only match announcement for him tonight: Wrestling Under The Stars (New York State, 08/01) announced a Rey Misterio Jr. vs Alberto el Patron. Rey’s already been announced as appearing on WrestleMania weekend for an MLW podcast and at WrestleCon. There’s probably more to come this week, deals that have been done but just couldn’t be announced.
CMLL’s preview for Tuesday pushes Mistico against his two big rivals Mephisto and Ripper. Mistico hasn’t actually feuded with Ripper, but was supposed to team with him in the incredible pairs tournament, so there’s an angle that got missed along the way and may be fixed tonight.
The press release (and CMLL’s website this morning) has other changes. Boby Zavala appears to be off cards this weekend this week. Okumura takes his place on Friday, Niebla Roja fills in on Saturday. Virus takes Hechicero’s place tonight, and Blue Panther fills in for Dragon Lee on Sunday. That sub again prevents Pierroth from facing one of his “alleged” sons – the only time they’ve fought is one cibernetico in Guadalajara. This is a problematic issue going forward: besides Pierroth not being any good, he’s supposed to be a upper level rudo, two of his sons are top stars and a third is heading that way, and it’s going to be really tough to keep them all apart.
Guadalajara has a Felino vs Angel de Oro super libre match – by which they mean normal match which might end up in DQ anyway – and Ingobnerables (Marco, Mascara, Rush ) vs Euforia, Negro Casas and Shocker.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Freelance, Dinamic Black, Mike Segura vs Terry 2000, Yakuza, and Chucho el Roto, which was said to be very good.
LuchaWorld has this week’s Poster-Mania.
A preview of Wednesday’s IWRG match confirms the main event is a cage match where loser loses a mask or hair (which means one of the IWRG guys.) Also, Dr. Wagner is coming on on Sunday.
There’s a 03/21 show in Mexico City with a Valiente & Fly Warrior vs Rey Hechicero & Belial vs Okumura & Centvrion vs Skayde & Fly Star four way.
SuperLuchas looks back at Pak Choo vs Halcon Ortiz in a hair match.
Piloto Espacial lost a cage match in Arena Roberto Paz (and lost his hair, I think.)
CMLL (MON) 03/09/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis & Paris vs King Jaguar & Toro Bill Jr.
2) Asturiano, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Espíritu Maligno, Pierrothito, Saurón
3) Blue Panther Jr., Fuego, The Panther vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Blue Panther, Máximo, Super Porky vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Terrible
5) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Sky Teams vs Guerreros, which seems like a rematch they’ll do everywhere. Tercera could be fun.
CMLL (FRI) 02/27/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) El Chakal & Gran Kenut b El Alteño & El Tapatío
2) Frezzer, Javier Cruz Jr., Virgo b Furia Roja, Infierno, Sádico
Infierno suffered a shoulder injury.
3) Demonio Maya, Pitbull I, Pitbull II DQ Omar Brunetti, Pepe Aguayo, Reycko
Pepe’s first known match here since 2001 (records are very incomplete.) Omar Brunetti replaced Leo. Rudos took 1/3, the last when Pepe Aguayo unmasked Demonio Maya. They’re feuding.
4) Flash I, Flash II, Forastero b El Cuatrero, Ráfaga, Sansón
Forastero is a new name here (or the Coacalco guy moved?) Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Esfinge & Gallo b Boby Zavala & Olímpico © [OCCIDENTE TAG]
3rd fall saw Zavala beat Gallo, Esfinge beat Gallo, ref distracted, Zavala fouled Esfinge while Gallo fouled Olimpico and Esfinge fell on top of Olimpico for the title win. Olimpico & Zavala fall on top for the win.
Good thing they protected Olimpico from losing clean. (Both radio shows were very high on the match, I shouldn’t be so cynical.)
Demonio Maya is Occidente middleweight champion, so that’s probably a title program.
IWRG (SUN) 03/01/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Mini Cobra & Mini Multifacetico b Demon Rock & Espectrito
2) Electro Boy, Hijo del Alebrije, Kamilión b Black Fury, Dragón Celestial, Miss Gaviota
Black Fury turned on her partners.
3) Liderk, Rayan, Spector b Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno
4) Chicano, Relámpago, Súper Nova b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Tony Rivera
money thrown in
5) Hijo De Dos Caras b Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, Pirata Morgan Jr., Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [La Rebelión de Los Juniors,battle royal]
Elimination order: Pirata Morgan, Apolo Estrada Jr., Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, leaving Hijo de Dos and Mascara once again. Dos prevailed over the Dinamita to win, and will face Super Nova on 03/15.
That date suggests Super Nova is not on Rey de Reyes, but plans can change. Would be cool if this finish meant Hijo de Dos would move onto face anyone else, but likely not.
Rush returns to Arena Puebla tonight, the first time back after breaking his leg there back in November. Rush teams with La Mascara & La Sombra vs Cavernario, Shocker and Negro Casas.
Tigre Rojo Jr. unmasked Toro de Oro in Puebla last night. Toro de Oro is Aaron Toribio Valencia, 37, 14 years a wrestler.
Segunda Caida reviews Blue Panther & Sagrado vs Caifan & Rey Hechicero.
This Saturday’s NGX show was canceled when the authorities came by looking for the permit to hold the show and one could not be produced.
Principe Franky won the ELLMEX championship in Chicago.
AAA TV (FRI) 04/03/2015 Deportivo Colon, Xalapa, Veracruz
1) Gotita de Plata, Niño Hamburguesa, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Belial, Carta Brava Jr., El Apache
2) Australian Suicide & Súper Nova vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Súper Fly
3) Bengala & Drago vs Daga & Joe Lider
4) Fénix & Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma & Pentagón Jr.
5) Aerostar, Blue Demon Jr., La Parka vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
6) El Patrón Alberto & Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr.
Air Date: ??? let’s say 04/11 & 04/18 but it could shift a couple weeks later.
AAA hasn’t officially announced this card, but it appears to be a TV taping. I’m not 100% sure about the lineup: this card was posted last night on Facebook, but a newspaper article promoting this same show has a different and incomplete lineup, one that I’m pretty sure is incorrect (and maybe just a previous year’s Xalapa show.) I tend to think the poster is the correct.
Main event is a possible TripleMania teaser. Texano/Alberto (title) and Myzteziz/Perro (mask/hair) seem like the best guesses for big TripleMania matches at the moment.
Everything else generally stays in place. Hell Brothers continue to feud with Parka & Demon. Aerostar being in the semifinal is a change, and at least teases the possibility he wins Rey de Reyes. It seems more likely than if he was still in the segunda facing Super Fly. Fenix continues to feud with Fantasma. There appeared to be a Bengala title tag title challenge program at one point, that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, but he keeps fighting the Perros. Opening two matches look good but don’t continue anything. It’s now odd every time Pirata doesn’t team with his new partners.
For a show after Rey de Reyes, this doesn’t tell us much about Rey de Reyes. Tomorrow!
(That last one is not a news item, just a fact.)
CMLL (SAT) 02/28/2015 Arena Coliseo
1) Inquisidor b Leono
2) Hombre Bala Jr. b Espanto Jr.
Hombre Bala Jr. replaced Flyer on Monday
3) Soberano Jr. b Hijo del Signo
4) Marcela b Dalys
5) Okumura b Tritón
6) Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas b Ángel de Oro, Titán, Valiente
7) Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado b Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. © [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Comando Caribeno took 2/3, and are the fifth new champions. Delta & Maya fall on their fourth defense.
It’s good to be part of a new trio that CMLL’s high on for no particular reason. Misterioso & Sagrado being champions opens it up for other tecnicos to get title shots – Hombre Bala & Super Halcon are over due to be in competition for something.
LLB (SAT) 02/28/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, R de Rudo, Tercera Caida]
1) Bracito de Oro & Bracito De Plata b Mini Multifacetico & Super Pinochito
Mini Multifacetico replaced Mr. Aguilita.
2) Halcón 2000, Kid Jaguar, Shadow b Fantasma De La Opera II, Super Panda, Tyson La Bestia
Super Panda replaced Ojo de Halcon
3) Dinamic Black, Mike Segura, Pantera I b Chucho el Roto, Terry 2000, Yakuza
very good match. Terry 2000 replaced Euro.
4) Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Perico b Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera, Guerrero del Bronx
Leon Rojo replaced Ovett, Guerrero del Bronx replaced Carta Brava Jr. I
5) Nicho el Millionario DRAW Pagano [death]
ended in a draw, with Nicho being stretchered away. Fantasma de la Opera (as matchmaker?) announced there’d be a rematch. Pagano wants a hair match.
6) LA Park & Shocker b Mr. Águila & Mr. Niebla
As usual with LA Park matches, the referee got into the action. This time, referee Teddy got the pin, lost his shirt, and was wearing body paint. Niebla and Park feuded.
Show is supposed to air on AYM at some point.
Niebla is going to do fine booking wise an opponent and will actually freshen up the Wagner/Park matches. Nicho appeared to suffer a right knee injury off a spot gone wrong. The rematch was surely planned before he got hurt. Hope he’s OK, but that kind of match is not going to leave anyone OK. Nicho is Randy the Ram.
AAA SACCOMATS (SAT) 02/28/2015 Arena Neza [@manrayk]
1) Atomic Boy & Gotita de Plata b El Apache & Hijo de Pirata Morgan
Pirata replaced Fresero Jr.
2) Mary Apache & Mini Abismo Negro b La Hechicera & Octagoncito
La Hechicera replaced Cinthia Moreno
3) Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria b Ludxor & Venum
4) Blue Demon Jr., El Elegido, La Parka b Hijo del Fantasma, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Zorro
Just like Naucalpan, Zorro & Elegido were added to the match.
5) El Mesías & El Patrón Alberto b Electroshock & Texano Jr.
Said to be another strong crowd for the last of three straight shows. No AAA news today. No AAA news Monday. Tuesday….
CMLL (SUN) 03/01/2015 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Camorra & Nitro b Magnus & Robin
2) Okumura, Sangre Azteca, Virus b Fuego, Pegasso, Stigma
3) La Máscara, Super Porky, Titán b Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Vangellys
Mascara submitted Casas, then asked for a mask vs hair match. Casas declined to respond.
4) Ángel de Oro © b Gran Guerrero [CMLL LH]
Seconds were Fuego and Camorra. Angel de Oro’s second defense
5) La Sombra & Rey Bucanero b Último Guerrero, Atlantis, Niebla Roja, Valiente, Misterioso Jr., Blue Panther, Mr. Águila, Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Stuka Jr. [#1 Contenders, NWA LH]
Eliminations went Misterioso Jr. (by Dragon Rojo), Stuka (by Ephesto), Dragon Rojo Jr. (by Mr. Aguila), Niebla Roja (by Blue Panther), Ephesto (by Valiente), Mr. Aguila (by La Sombra), Blue Panther (by Ultimo Guerrero), El Valiente (by Rey Bucanero) then Ultimo Guerrero unmasked Atlantis as Atlantis fouled UG, ending the match. Rey Bucanero and La Sombra move on to next week. Bucanero tried to attack Sombra after the match, but Sombra turned the tide with the help of La Mascara & Rush (who weren’t in this match for whatever reason.) Final two survivors face off on 03/08.
It was weird watching this show play out on Twitter and reading how the show ends. It’s a challengers determination match, so it’s clear it’s going to end with two people fighting but unable to get to a decision. That’s always going to be a flat finish, every time they do it. This time, they compounded by having the match end with two other people not even pinning each other, just getting themselves disqualified, so Sombra and Rey Bucanero get a title match by virtue of standing on the apron when everyone else is gone. That’s about as anticlimatic as it gets. It never made much sense to end the show with that match, and not an actual title match, and that arrangement seemed even sillier given that finish. The recap does explain thing a little more, emphasizing La Mascara and Rush showing up (and I guess Vangellys went to grab late dinner?) so maybe it felt like something happened. It still doesn’t make much sense.
Hopefully this feud is only for this title. Ingobernables moving on from Peste Negra to feud with TRT sounds not so fun. They need to feud with tecnicos already, something that seems obvious to everyone but the people who are putting these matches together.
Mr. Jack beat Rey Hechicero to keep the IWL Heavyweight Championship tonight. That’s a real match. I have no idea what happened to Shu el Guerrero – he’s still on Twitter, just not on the Leyendas Inmoratles shows. My thinking is if you can book Hechicero, you make Hechicero champion, but Leyendas Inmortales is not the only group missing on that. Today’s Leyenda Inmoratles show heavily promoted the upcoming Vamper Revolution show at Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera (the one with Fuerza Guerrera vs Negro Casas rematch), so perhaps it’ll air on that TV show.
Noches de Coliseo remains in reruns. Shrug. If you’re recording it, I’d stop recording it until you hear different.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida reviews Juvi & Koslov vs Los Luchas.
SuperLuchas looks back at a busy March 1st, including Anibal vs Gran Markus in a mask match.
Lucha Y Tinta Libre argues all the young wrestlers should try to wrestle like Solar and Negro Navarro.
CMLL (FRI) 03/06/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro vs El Piraña
2) El Alteño & Explosivo vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
3) El Tapatío, Índigo, Javier Cruz Jr. vs El Chakal, Furia Roja, Infierno
4) El Divino, Magnum, Pepe Aguayo vs Demonio Maya, Jocker, Sádico
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Omar Brunetti vs Maléfico, Mr. Trueno, Ráfaga
No CMLL DF wrestlers. All locals. Strange, but probably cheap. Not sure it’s going to work if the same guys main eventing here are working the first couple matches on Tuesdays, but I’m not sure this is about working.
CMLL (SAT) 03/07/2015 Arena Coliseo
1) Magnus vs Inquisidor
2) Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16
3) Oro Jr. vs Canelo Casas
4) Star Jr. vs Disturbio
5) Stigma vs Okumura
6) Dragon Lee & Fuego vs Boby Zavala & Luciferno
7) Ángel de Oro, Super Porky, Titán vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Euforia, Terrible
Thinking they’re setting up Titan/Cavernario again as a troll move.
CMLL (SUN) 03/08/2015 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Stukita vs Pequeño Violencia & Pierrothito
Pequeno Violencia’s first match since July (knee injury)
2) Flyer, Oro Jr., Soberano Jr. vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
3) Dark Angel, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
Silueta’s first match here since September.
4) Dragon Lee, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Hechicero, Pierroth, Virus
5) Ángel de Oro, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
6) La Sombra vs Rey Bucanero [NWA LH]
match for vacant title (Diamante Azul on long term hiatus). Sombra currently holds the NWA Middleweight Championship. Bucanero was the previous champion.
Smart money is on Bucanero, given how he was left beat up to end the show, he’s main eventing the next big show and Sombra already has a belt. Bucanero had two title matches in two years when he was last champ and Azul barely defended more often that. This was an important belt at one point, but is currently as useless as it gets. So exciting!
I have no idea what Pierroth is doing in that match and neither does CMLL. I’d be so excited for that match if they swapped him and Super Comando, though Flyer, Oro and Soberano may not be down with that concept.
DTU (SUN) 03/15/2015 Arena Neza
1) El Chato, El Junior, El Nene vs Danny Latino, Kid Lobo, Lokillo
2) Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico vs Artikus, Lanzeloth, Rocky Lobo
3) Septimo Dragon vs Hacker, Chica Ye-Ye, Kalibus, Hormiga, Neza Kid
4) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Arez, Belial, Impulso
5) Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro vs Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II and Black Fire & Slayer Pack and Cíclope & Miedo Extremo
6) Drastik Boy © vs Jonathan Gresham [DTU AI]
7) Paranoiko © vs Super Mega [DTU CONSAGRADO]
8) Histeria II & Psicosis II vs Aero Boy & Violento Jack and Crazy Boy & Pesadilla [TLC]
Histeria & Psicosis working a lot of indy promotions probably indicates how well CMLL is paying nowadays.
Gresham is an US indy east coast mat wrestler who’s in the wrong promotion but that’s as good a chance to have a good match as he’s going to have (and it’ll stick out comparted to the rest of the show.)
Tag champs are in the fifth match but I don’t think the tag titles on the line. Poster is smaller than usual.
Nerds vs Indystrongibles should be a lot of fun.
AAA TV (FRI) 02/27/2015 Auditorio General José María Arteaga, Querétaro, Querétaro [AAA]
1) Gotita de Plata, Ludxor, Venum b Carta Brava Jr., Mamba, Pegasus
Debut of Pegasus (from AULL). Ludxor & Venum gave him the double Spanish Fly for the win. Mamba attacked Pegasus for losing but the tecnicos saved him.
2) Daga & Súper Fly b Argenis & Australian Suicide
Daga submitted Argenis as Super Fly superbombed Suicide.
3) Texano Jr. b Murder Clown, Machine Rocker, Bengala [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
Texano Jr. beat Machine Rocker, Bengala and Murder Clown in that order. Texano Jr. joins Aerostar, Mesias and the winner from Ecatepec in the final
4) Drago & Súper Nova b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Joe Lider
Super Nova was Drago’s surprise partner. Tecnicos beat Lider. Recap notes Nova & Drago were a great team.
5) Angélico, Jack Evans, La Parka b Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
Earlier in the show, the Hell Brothers appeared to announce they were officially united with La Sociedad. Chessman also issued an open challenge for his Latin American title, calling out Demon specifically. La Parka surprised Chessman with a small package. Daga and Joe Lider in and helped put Parka thru a table post match.
6) Brian Cage, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. b El Patrón Alberto, Fénix, Myzteziz
Cage beat Alberto with a moonsault. Alberto said he’d have his revenge.
Air Date: 03/07 & 03/14
The Rey de Reyes announced card so far, for a show that’s two weeks away.
…that’s pretty much it. One taping to go, but they’ve got a press conference on Tuesday so it’d fit to announce the lineup then.
We don’t really know much more for certain for Rey de Reyes, which really surprises me. The build to this show has not been great. AAA’s had one match set up by a rudo just making an open challenge (and may have another), there’s another match set up because it’s the tournament they run every year, and those are the only two matches that are official. If they do Cage/Alberto, and that still seems to be in ‘if’ territory, at least the rudo got a win to set it up. There are definitely matches that could be put together based on the current storylines, and AAA could release a card Tuesday that completely fits with what they’ve been doing, but the build up to that card hasn’t been particularly focused. There was a moment where it appeared to AAA was going to be doing no TV leading up to Rey de Reyes, which would’ve seemed to make a hard sell for that show. They ended up doing quite a bit of it, but the build is not all that much stronger.
By coincidence, or not, Flamita returned to Dragon Gate a few hours after this show (instead of actually being on this show.) Super Nova should be a great addition, if he’s actually full time here.
Second match was said to be excellent. Eager to see how the first match went.