CMLL (MON) 09/19/2016 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Culticon, El Popular]
1) Espíritu Maligno & Guerrero Espacial b Centella Roja & París
2) Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr. b Meyer & Tigre Rojo Jr.
3) El Cuatrero, Sangre Azteca, Sansón b Hombre Bala Jr., Magnus, Robin
4) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Lee, Titán b Bobby Z, Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora
Straight falls. Angel de Oro beat Dragon Rojo to set up a title match..
5) Marco Corleone, Pierroth, Rush b Matt Taven, Máximo Sexy, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Rush & UG feuded, with Rush sneaking in a foul for the win. Pierroth replaced Rey Escorpion (who might be done here.)
6) Negro Casas & Shocker © b Mistico & Volador Jr. [CMLL TAG]
Champs took 2/3, taking advantage of an early Mistico leg injury to ground him for most of the match. 11th defense
I saw about half of this show. Main event was much better drama than expected, trading the awkwardness of Shocker taking Mistico’s offense for Shocker and Casas viciously going after Mistico’s leg. Mistico couldn’t have been too hurt, he got in big spots near the end, but it gave the match a different story and one that worked better for everyone.
Everything’s pointing towards Escorpion being gone, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he still ends up working CMLL from time to time. The bigger question is about where this leaves Caristico – he might have special permission to work both promotions, because he’s a bigger star. Rush/UG will be a much different match but a good match.
Mephisto defends the CMLL welterweight championship against Titan. I must’ve missed the prematch weigh-in invitation. Mephisto is no welterweight by any means, but he’s been a good opponent for welterweights and this should be a good exhibition for Titan.
The actual main event is Diamante Azul, Dragon Lee and Volador versus Ultimo Guerrero, Niebla Roja, and Euforia. The women are curiously listed fourth on the card, teaming with Sanely, Princesa Sugehit, Estrellita versus Amapola, Dalys and Zeuxis.
Today’s CMLL preview promotes the show as the special Dia del Luchador show a day early. CMLL luchadors were at the senate today to promote 09/21 as Dia del Luchador.
CultIcon previews today show. It airs on CMLL.com & YouTube at 7:30 pm CT.
Arena Coliseo Guadalajara has Atlantis, Mistico and Mascara Dorada vs Gran Guerrero, Rey Bucanero and Shocker. Their local social media hyped it as one of Dorada’s last matches in Mexico. That’s hard to square with Dorada’s story about not having signed with WWE yet. Maybe he’s becoming an astronaut. The semimain is Terrible & Marco Corleone.
Segunda Caida reviews Argos vs a masked Dick Togo
Astral would like a mask match with Pierrothito and to move up divisions.
KDR (SAT) 10/08/2016 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México
1) Rey Celestial vs Estrella De Oro
2) Lilith Dark vs Keira, La Magnifica
3) Arceus, Lunatick Extreme, Lunatik Fly vs Mike, Rayo Star, Teelo
4) Criss Boy vs Ciclón Black
5) Corsario Negro, Drako, Toro Negro Jr. vs Kilvan, Shadow, Yoruba
6) Extreme Tiger & Mr. Leo vs Freelance & Rey Horuz
A non-CaraLucha indy show at Arena San Juan. Main even looks like it could be very good.
CMLL (SUN) 09/25/2016 Arena México
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Sensei vs Canelo Casas & Hijo del Signo
2) Blue Panther Jr., Guerrero Maya Jr., The Panther vs Disturbio, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
3) Atlantis, Máximo Sexy, Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Okumura, Vangellys
4) Pierroth, Rey Bucanero, Rush vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas [Relevos Increíbles]
5) Mistico vs Mephisto
Mistico starts a feud with Matt Taven, ends up with Mephisto having his second singles match this week did they forget Matt Taven was going home on Saturday? Who knows.
CMLL (MON) 09/26/2016 Arena Puebla
1) Astro & Centella Roja vs Mini Joker & Saurón
2) Flyer & Star Jr. vs Ares & Fuerza Chicana
3) Arkalis, Black Tiger, Rey Samuray vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Metálico, Nitro
4) Esfinge, Stigma, Titán vs Bobby Z, Misterioso Jr., Okumura
5) Dragón Rojo Jr. © vs Ángel de Oro [CMLL MIDDLE]
6) Marco Corleone, Pierroth, Rush vs Euforia, Máximo Sexy, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Rush/UG seems still on, though they could always change it next week. Oro can actually win without messing with Universal math. Under card look less than promising.