Lucha Memes (SUN) 12/21/2014 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), MT, Tercera Caida (2), Tercera Caida (3), Tercera Caida (4), Tercera Caida (5),Tercera Caida (6), Tercera Caida (7), Tercera Caida (8)]
1) Dragon Negro & Gato de Ecatepec b Crazy Roman & Obscuro
2) Fly Star & Karma b Alfa (IWRG) & Fulgor I and Fulgor II & Omega (IWRG)
3) Juana La Loca b Miss Gaviota, Loba De Fuego, Demasiado
4) Astro Rey Jr., Benji Maverick, Kastigador, Psico Kid b Chris Boy, Leo (IWRG), Mike, Teelo
Chris Boy replaced Rafy. After the usual Turtle comedy, Astro Rey Jr. jumped off the roof of a nearby building onto everyone prior to the finish. He lived.
5) Trauma I & Trauma II b Herodes Jr. & Metálico
6) Mike Segura b Freelance
Iron Man match rules, with Segura winning 3 falls 2 in a very good match.
7) Negro Navarro b Judas el Traidor
mascot must be involved in winning submission or pinfall. Judas replaced Black Terry – then Monito and Zacarias did not appear for unclear reasons. Good match, if different than what was expected.
8) Arez, Belial, Impulso, Keira b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficialito AK47 [cage]
911 escaped first, then Belial, Keira, Arez, AK-47 and Fierro – which left Impulso with the mini AK. Big AK realized that was a poor idea and helped his mini escape, but got caught by Impulso and beat after a top of the cage splash.
Here’s that dive.
2014 is the year of falling off high places. (Which means 2015 will be the year of falling off even higher places.) At least he had four people to catch him? I wouldn’t have offered to catch him this time. The Segura/Freelance match looks very good.
IWRG (SUN) 12/21/2014 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr),IWRG]
***Arena Naucalpan 37th Anniversary***
1) Dragón Celestial & Metaleón b Araña de Plata & Hip Hop Man
2) Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Electro Boy, Imposible DQ Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo
Hijo del Diablo baited one of the ninjas into top rope splashing referee Reyes Rosas by accident, drawing the DQ.
3) Emperador Azteca, Pantera I, Suicida DQ Chicano, Eterno, Oficial 911
Rudos dominated the match, but Eterno fouled Suicida for the DQ.
4) Black Terry & Negro Navarro b Trauma I & Trauma II
Negro Navarro talked his sons into doing a straight technical match. The Traumas went for it and lost in straight falls. (Traumas are fools!) Said to be one of the best matches of the year. The Traumas praised Navarro & Terry as great wrestlers and Trauma II handed his mask to Black Terry.
5) X-Fly L Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000, Oficial AK47, Máscara Sagrada,Súper Nova, Canis Lupus [cage, hair, mask]
Everyone was kept inside for 10 minutes, but the Piratas actually jumped Rayo before he got to the ring. Order of escape: Canis Lupus, Super Nova, Hijo de Mascara Año 2000, Hijo de Pirata, Mascara Sagrada, Rayo de Jalisco, Pirata Morgan, Mascara Ano 2000, leaving AK-47 and X-Fly. X-fly lost a lot of blood and 911 kept him from escaping (in revenge for the previous screwup.) Finally, 911 threw power in X-Fly’s face and AK-47 escaped. X-Fly was shaved again while the Oficials celebrated justice.
Finally, the criminal X-Fly got caught. Semimain sound great.
Hijo del Santo said he had a positive checkup with his doctor. If he hears good news in January, he expects to come back to the ring 100%. He’s willing to talk about opponents (Wagner, Park, Demon, Panther, Ultimo Guerrero are brought up by both Santo and the interviewer.) Santo’s also not as definite about Nieto del Santo’s debut as he’s been in the past, saying he wants his son to go to college and do well there before starting in lucha libre, and that he hopes Nieto debuts in 2015 but there is no hurry. This seems like a change in plans – there definite was a hurry to have Nieto debut when Hijo thought his career was ending.
Aerostar wants to go higher in 2015, which may require an aircraft or a spaceship.
Segunda Caida reviews Sagrado, Stigma, Tritón vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Cancerbero, Raziel
Current CMLL Women’s Champion Syuri won a kickboxing title on her off day.
Octagon and Konnan had their inevitable argument on late night Twitter. I am pro-Konnan in an argument. Truly this is the end times. (But, really, Octagon comes off badly here.)
IWRG (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Black Fury & Cristal vs Princesa Misty & Yuca La Potranquita
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs Araña de Plata, Dowki, Hip Hop Man, Imposible
3) Canis Lupus & Eterno vs Liderk & Rayan and Apolo Estrada & El Hijo del Diablo and Centvrión & Miss Gaviota and Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 and Black Terry & Emperador Azteca andChicano & Danny Casas and Ciclon Black & Tony Rivera [IWRG IC TAG, tournamnet]
title vacant on 2014-11-30 when AK47 fails to appear up for a title defense
4) Máscara Sagrada, Súper Nova, Veneno vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
Back to Thursday for a couple weeks to take advantage of the holidays. (No one runs on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve, everyone runs on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.)
Oficials get to be in the tag team tournament for the title they lost. Canis Lupus & Eterno are in there too – they were supposed to get the title shot, so this makes more sense than usual. IWRG tournaments tend to be much better than CMLL ones.
CMLL (SUN) 12/28/2014 Arena México
1) Bengala & Flyer vs El Rebelde & Espiritu Negro
2) Aéreo, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000
3) Pegasso, The Panther, Tritón vs Boby Zavala, Cancerbero, Okumura
4) Blue Panther Jr. vs Tiger [lightning]
5) Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., La Máscara vs Mephisto, Pierroth, Sagrado
6) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Terrible vs Máximo, Valiente, Volador Jr.
3/4 have promise. Maybe they’re actually doing Niebla/Voador? Hey, if Niebla bleeds live on Terra we’d actually see it before they ban it from being aired (as they did with an infamous previous Niebla/Volador match.)
It randomly occurred to me that Diamante Azul hasn’t been around in six weeks. (Maybe he went on Rey Escorpion’s vacation.) He’s the anti-Rush, no one really misses him.