IWRG (SUN) 03/19/2017 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, The Gladiatores]
1) Shadow Boy b Araña de Plata
2) Kanon b Skanda
3) Demasiado, Diva Salvaje, Nigma b Heddi Karaoui, Relámpago, X-Fly
Nigma & Relampago made challenges.
4) Demonio Infernal b Black Dragón
Eterno attacked Demonio after the match
5) Acero, Eterno, Hip Hop Man, Keshin Black b Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo [lumberjack]
Acero replaced Vortize (injured on Wednesday)
6) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. & Silver King Jr. b Pirata Morgan Jr., Killer Jr., Danny Casas, Hijo del Alebrije, Bobby Lee Jr., Argos, Diablo Jr., Hijo de Pirata Morgan [Rebelion de los Juniors, seeding battle royal]
winner gets a shot at the IWRG Junior de Juniors title, held by Herodes Jr. Rules were first to have a seeding battle royal, with the last two going to getting a bye and immediately having that match. Silver King Jr. and Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. advanced.
7) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. b Silver King Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, semifinal]
first show for (a) Silver King Jr. since 2013.
8) Hijo de Pirata Morgan b Argos [Rebelion de los Juniors, 8f]
first Argos appearance since last June
9) Hijo del Alebrije b Killer Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, 8f]
10) Pirata Morgan Jr. b Diablo Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, 8f]
11) Danny Casas b Bobby Lee Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, 8f]
first IWRG show for Lee since November.
12) Hijo de Pirata Morgan b Hijo del Alebrije [Rebelion de los Juniors, quarterfinal]
13) Danny Casas b Pirata Morgan Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, quarterfinal]
14) Danny Casas b Hijo de Pirata Morgan [Rebelion de los Juniors, semifinal]
Hijo attacked Danny right after he defeated his brother, but it didn’t work out for him.
15) Danny Casas b Máscara Año 2000 Jr. [Rebelion de los Juniors, final]
Third straight match with Danny, not with a bad knee, but he took advantage of a distraction to beat Mascsara with a casita. He’s earned a match with Herodes Jr.
Kind of glad no new IWRG aired last night because editing that TV into matches late last night would’ve been rough. I wish I could see what IWRG sees in Danny Casas.
CMLL (MON) 03/20/2017 Arena Puebla [CMLL, CultIcon, Terra]
1) King Jaguar, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr. b Meyer, París, Vega
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Cancerbero, Policeman, Raziel b Espíritu Maligno, Rey Samuray, Zaeta Roja
Rudos took 1/3? There was a marriage proposal between fans after the match. She said yes.
3) Zeuxis b Princesa Sugehit [lightning]
Zexuis challenged for a title match next week and Sugehit said OK.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Kráneo, Luciferno b Lestat, Rey Cometa, Stigma
Dragon Rojo Jr. replaced Morphosis. Rudos took 1/3. Cometa was stretchered out after taking Kraneo’s corner hipsmash to the head.
5) Diamante Azul, Mr. Niebla, Terrible DQ La Máscara, Pierroth, Rush [Relevos Increíbles]
Azul team took 2/3, the last by DQ when he was unmasked by Los Ingobernables.
6) Mephisto © b Carístico [CMLL WELTER]
5th defense. Mephisto took 1/3, and won by dropping Caristico as he went for La Caristica (La Mistica) and simply pinning him.
I watched only the title match live, which came off as a slightly lesser version of their Arena Mexico match with a strange looking finish. It didn’t come off as a finishing spot at all, but I think that was more bad design than the plan going wrong.
Today’s Arena Mexico doesn’t have anything important, but has a lot of matches which could be good if they go for it on a Tuesday. Guerrero Maya and Virus have had great matches before and reunite tonight in a lightning match. The Dinamtias face Drone, The Panther and Triton in what should be an exciting match (though the outcome is not in a lot doubt; Triton seems to be losing ever Arena Mexico match since announcing he was leaving soon.)
There’s also a special rudo/rudo trios, with Mephisto, Polvora and Luciferno versus Negro Casas, Tiger, and Puma. Knowing what we know now, I wonder if this was actually and truly meant to be the trios title match we won’t shut up about. Only, Polvora’s in there because Ephesto is out for a month and that’s something they would’ve known when putting the card together last week. We’ll see if they say anything about the title shot situation or Ephesto’s status in this match.
The main event is Caristico, Dragon Lee and Marco versus the Guerreros (UG, GG, Euforia), which could also be good. The segunda is Starman, Sangre Imperial and Magia Blanca against Nitro, Skandalo and Sangre Azteca, which probably won’t be. The show opens with a Leono & Bengala vs Inquisidor & El Cholo match; you should probably just skip the first 45 minutes.
CultIcon previews this show. It starts at 7:30pm local, which is still one hour later if you’re on Daylight Savings Time.
Guadalajara has it’s own Homenaje a Dos Leyendas show tonight, honoring Ringo Mendoza. The big title match is Hechicero defending the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship against Stuka Jr., where the rudo is expected to retain. The main event is another Ingobernables versus Diamante Azul match, with Volador & Matt Taven filling out the tecnico side.
Perro Aguayo Jr. passed away two years ago today. AAA & Perros del Mal are holding a mass in his honor. ESPN talks to Dorian Roldan & Monster Clown on their thoughts, and many luchadors are sharing their remembrances on Twitter. Record interviews Damain 666, who’s insistent Perro would not have picked another way to die.
The replacements for the CMLL luchadors on the 04/01 FEW show in Orlando include Silver King, Rey Horuz, Bestia 666, and Gronda II of all people.
Llaves y Candados added Rey Fenix, DJZ and X-Fly to their 04/09 ColiseoMania show. Rey Fenix was previously said to specifically not be on the show due to other bookings, so something must’ve changed.
ChilangaMask announced a ruleta de la muerte with Black Terry, Solar, Trauma I, Trauma II, Makabre, Mr. Maldito and the Platino for thier 04/23 show.
Legend announced they’re hosting an AAA TV taping in Arena Aficion on May 16th. That wasn’t on the schedule announced early this year (though there was a taping for the city announced in October.) I’m guessing it replaces the 05/20 show in Contla, Tlaxcala.
A FULL press release makes it sounds like the DistrioMania show on May 21st will be on TV, though no details. Their government sponsored free show on Sunday had a big turnout. FULL always seems to be very good at getting sponsored shows.
TKD reviews Homenaje a Dos Leyendas.
+Lucha’s podcast has Puma, Argenis, Chik Tormenta and Dragon Fly as guests. Dragon Fly’s interviewed because the mystery Japanese promotion he was going to turned out to be a tryout with Dragon Gate. He debuted on their 03/19 show in Aichi. He wasn’t on the next show and isn’t listed on other cards, so it might have just been a one day thing. I bet I’ll know more if I listen to the podcast.
Aerostar talks about reaching 10 years of wrestling AAA and sounds very happy to be there. He says the company has an infinite amount of talent. Infinity sounds like a lot.
A profile of El Paso’s New Era Wrestling promotion.
Paste Machine writes about the latest version of LA Park vs Rush.
CMLL (MON) 03/27/2017 Arena Puebla
1) Centella Roja & Hijo de Centella Roja vs El Perverso & Sombra Diabólika
2) Black Tiger, Espíritu Maligno, Millenium vs Apocalipsis, Inquisidor, Policeman
3) Fuego, Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Skándalo, Toro Bill Jr.
4) Princesa Sugehit © vs Zeuxis [MEX WOMEN]
believed to be second defense (first defense was scheduled to be a bonus match on 03/19 in Arena Coliseo Monterrey)
5) Marco Corleone, Matt Taven, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
6) Diamante Azul, Mr. Niebla, Terrible vs La Máscara, Pierroth, Rush
Main event is a rematch. The one part of the story that’s moved on H2L is now it seems like most everyone (tecnicos/rudos) against Los Ingobernables. I keep thinking every show Taven appears on is going to be his last, but he’s staying around longer. This will be the the third Sugehit/Zeuxis title match in the last month or so, and the first actually taped.
First half of this card looks very iffy. Toro Bill gets a rare tercera without his usual partner. Apocalispis & Inquisidor make rare appearances in Puebla at all; Apocalipsis hasn’t been here since December (only twice last year) and Inquisidor since October.