Uh, not exactly midweek, is it?
At any rate, #113 is done. I’m considerably less hyped about it after watching it with a closer eye – which happens, but always is disappionting display of judgement – but I think the whole concept worked together to make it a 3. By the skin of it’s teeth.
EDIT: It’s not there. I could’ve sworn I put it there. It’ll be up around 4:30p CST.
I’ll update the index later – it’s done, just not done where I can get it and I don’t want to redo things.
Lucha Times is updated. I guess I skipped an episode on Vuelta? I’m confused, but I think I’m back on track. Assuming they air the complete CMLL episode, they’ll be a Capos match that I didn’t recap, but shouldn’t be that great. I’ll take a look at it anyway.
I noticed on the Saturday episode this week, they started teasing Averno and Mephisto having a problem with Satanico, about a couple weeks before we heard about it or it actually happened. I think it’s a nice touch, but kinda amusing in the light that for US audiences (somewhat by accident, because they skipped on episode), they won’t have shown any of the build up for (seemingly more important) Arkangel/Angle Azteca mask/mask in two weeks. Goofy.
Feuds of note:
- Arena Mexico continued a semi-final focus on Capos vs Aguayo/Guapos last Friday. During the match, Universo took out Mascara Magica with his Tombstone piledriver, and Magica will be out at least a week. Post match, Perro Sr. showed up to back up his son (though still saying he’s not returning), and Perro Jr. and Terrible challenges Mascara and Cien to a double hair/hair match. They said no, but that’d be an intersting stake match in that I’m not totally sure who’d win. Rematch this week, with Porky replacing Magica.
- Averno got a shot against Satanico for his Welterweight Title last night in Guadalajara, but I haven’t seen a result turn up yet. It’d be awful nifty if the purpose of giving it to Satanico was to transition it to Averno and, with Apolo booking, they’re trying to hype up Guadalajara shows more (the results are not listed on CMLL.com)…but always bet on the title staying put. Averno/Satanico is also scheduled to main event Arena Puebla Tuesday, and may happen a third time on Tuesday in Arena Coliseo (a rematch from the previous week), where both ex-Infernales, Satanico and Negro Casas are scheduled to compete in a four man main event tournament.
- Terrible will have a chance to prove that “no changes” axiom wrong, as he gets another shot at the CMLL LH Title and Ultimo Guerrero in Arena Lopez Mateos de Tlanepantla this Wednesday.
- Dr. Wagner and Atlantis have a single match in San Juan Pantitlan, in the buildup to a mask/mask somewhere before the end of time. Maybe.
- Arena Mexico’s main events seem to be in a holding pattern around the previous tag team title issue, waiting for Rey to get back to continue. Last week, it was Ultimo/Tarzan/Warrior (replacing Violencia as “guy who might be the fourth member of GdI”) beat Shocker/Park/Rayo. This week, they’ll swap Vampiro for Rayo and try it again.
- On an indy show in Juarez, El Hijo Del Santo puts up his mask vs Hijo del Cobarde. Early vegas line has Cobarde’s odds of winning at 1000000000000000000000:1. Which is generous.