CMLL Results (12/10, O’Campo)
1) Texano Jr., Tigre Blanco, Zumbido b Maxmio, Ramstein, Koreano
2) Nitro, Hooligan, Dr. X b Felino, Safari, Volador Jr.
* They won two straight weeks in non-title matches! They’re so not winning the titles.
3) Rocky Romero defeated Virus (c) to become the 3rd CMLL Super Light Champion, his second reign.
* Good for Rocky. Said to be a memorable match. Mat wrestling mostly for the first two falls, and then they flew in the third. Hunch without proof: They’re transitioning the title to Mistico.
4) Dinamitas (Cien Caras, Mascara Ano 2000, Universo 2000) DRAW Pierroth, Vampiro, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo
* Match went DQ one way, DQ the other way, everyone gets counted out. This was a bloody brawl as hype for bloody brawls this week
5) Ultimo Dragon, el Hijo del Santo, Mistico b Olimpico, Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero
After winning the Super Light title on Friday, Rocky Romero worked the (last?) Toryumon Mexico show on Saturday, winning the Young Dragons Cup in a bit of a surprise, and then in NJPW-LA Toukon 7 show on Sunday, helping his trio to a win.
The Year End Card, one more time.
1) Ultimo Dragoncito and Tsuki b Pierrothito and Espectrito
* I guess tecnicos, but they could go either way.
2) Safari, Volador Jr., Felino (c) vs Nitro, Dr. X, Hooligan for the Mexican National Trios Championship
* Champs retain
3) Dos Caras Jr., Shocker, Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Olimpico
* Heels have to win here or the next match to set up the first Arena Coliseo match. Next match has Santo, who probably won’t work Coliseo, so I’ll go for the rudos here.
4) Hijo del Santo, Negro Casas, Mistico vs Hector Garza, Tarzan Boy, Terrible
* Tecnicos win here, maybe setting up a title match down the road
5) Universo 2000 vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo
* I should have almost no credibility after forgetting this is PERRO JR’S REVENGE MATCH; it just doesn’t have the same juice when Perro’s the rudo getting revenge for his dad rather than the tecnico. Still, I think it might be a good draw. Since this can’t be the blow off, I wouldn’t be surprised to do an Universo injury angle here. Just a wild guess, though.
6) Cien Caras & Mascara 2000 vs Vampiro & Pierroth [hair/hair]
* Caras wins. I don’t know this works. Hope it does.
No CMLL.com news, so let me give you some links, some of which need ot be added to the sidebar when I get a chance.
# Slam/Toronto Sam has an engaging article on Vampiro’s current life in Mexico. (Or, if you that doesn’t sell you, you can find out what happened to the Canadian Bulldog.)
# A poster named alebrije is writing both a general purpose lucha blog in English (el cuadrilatero) and Spanish blog (with plenty of photos) covering Arena Solidaridad events. Both are worth your time.
# If Spanish doesn’t work for you, how about Japanesse? He posts updates more consistent than I do.
Lucha times probably not till Thursday night. Sorry.