The big news is that it sound like AAA/PAP might be falling apart. This isn’t the first time such things have been said – the difference is that it’s been offically announced that El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo has been let go – perhaps because they can’t pay his check? More may be coming
Masada and Nosawa have been taken off that MLW show, so I suspect that Grand Prix lineup listed before is the final one.
Rey and Ultimo won decently in the middle of the NJPW tour, but fell off the end. Crazy was just kinda there.
– Ultimo and Rey d. El Samurai and Minoru Fujita (11:31, Rey pins Samurai)
– Liger, Kanemoto, Jado and Gedo d. Tiger Mask 4, AKIRA, Heat and Super Crazy (13:16, Gedo superfly splash Crazy)
– Jado and Gedo d. Ultimo and Rey (10:23, Gedo superfly splash Rey)
– Dan Devine and Super Crazy d. Hiro Saito and Ryusuke Taguchi (12:38, Crazy moonsault Taguchi)
– Tiger Mask 4, AKIRA, Heat and Super Crazy d. Liger, Kanemoto, Ultimo, Rey (11:52, Heat fisherman’s buster Guerrero)
– Ultimo and Rey d. Super Crazy and Ryusuke Taguchi (10:29, Guerrero bomb on Taguchi)
– Jado and Gedo d. Ultimo and Rey (9:35, Crossface of Jado on Guerrero)
– Osamu Nishimura and Hiro Saito d. Dan Devine and Super Crazy (9:40, Nishimura Cobra Twist Crazy)
Unless the Guerrero Special is now a Bomb, I have no idea what a Guerrero bomb is. Eh. Haven’t heard if they’ll be brought back at any time – it won’t be for the Best of the Junior tournament, as that lineup was announced and no lucha starts are included.
Lucha TV schedule is up – unlike what they seemed to hype last week, they stayed in order. This episode is one of the set I’ve already recaped, so you can check out a review before Sunday. I’ve also managed to recap the episode from three weeks ago – I liked the opener more than Joe did, but I agree on pretty much everything else. I was going to start on the one from two weeks ago last night, but I heard the Brazo music and lost my will to go on.
You know, I wonder if in Mexico, the Heavyweight Title is considered just “the title of the old legends” – I mean, it’s just been Universo and Rayo half heartingly fueding around it for the last 3 decades (or so it seems), I wonder if there’s just an expectation that it’s the Old title and Niebla should be saving the middleweight title from Emilio’s waist instead or something.
Sounds like Cat was as coherent as ever.