Caras refused, saying it would make him look bad in Japan (it’s dubious anyone would care, and he hasn’t been booked over there in ages)
Just to screw with you, Hustle booked him (and Lizmark Jr. and Psicodelico Jr.) in a trios match for their next show. Darn that Takada.
I gotta feeling the CMLL stuff has more chance to be worked, just because who’s going to bother to count all of those ballots anyway? C’mon.
10/15 Arena Mexico Results
– Super Comando/Flecha b Sombra de Plata/Explosivo
– Nitro/Dr. X/Sangre Azteca b Virus/Rivera/Neutron
– Olimpico/Okumura/Mr. Mexico b Misterioso/Misterioso II/Zumbido
I can’t believe they bought in Misterioso to lose. In a tercera. To a Mr. Mexico team.
– Universo 2000, Cien Caras, Apolo Dantes b Pierroth, El Hijo de Pierroth, Blue Demon Jr.
Blue Demon was supposed to be Vampiro – but this match was filled with Universo hating on Blue Demon spots (Universo fouls Demon, Universo TOMBSTONES Demon) after Universo won the Leyenda de Azul last week, they’re obviously starting a program. Bizarre they’d book it with Universo as the rudo when the lead up to this match was Pierroth and his sons doing rudo like things to Apolo. Multifaceted or something.
– Dr. Wagner Jr., Shocker, Negro Casas b Hector Garza, Tarzan Boy, Terrible
It looks like Wagner is on the road to becoming a full time slightly evil tecnico, like his partners. His partners kissed up to him, and Terrible fouled him to get the win.
On Wednesday in Arena Coliseo, Wagner was back teamin with the rudos – unfortunatly, the rudos were Terrible (the guy who fouled him a few days prior) and Universo (bipolar). Wagner didn’t get along with the other two, and the rudo team lost the match by CO.
This week’s Arena Mex lineup
– Pequeno Olimpico, Ultimo Dragoncito, Tsuki vs Pierrothito, Espectrito, Pequeno Violencia
– Ciberntico: Guapos (Misterioso II, Texano Jr, Alan Stone, Leono, Tigre Metalico) vs Guerreros (Olimpico, Nitro, Dr. X, Sangre Azteca, Loco Max)
Shocker and Ultimo Guerrero will be on hand to coach their respective teams. They’re hyping this as the winner possibly being the next Mistico, which says a lot about how Mistico’s doing. CMLL.com hypes Olimpico as the newest member of the actual Guerrero faction, which would be at least the third off the top of my head (Black Warrior, Violencia) that are soon forgotten about. I guess I’m just assuming it’ll be forgotten about here.
– Atlantis, Negro Casas, Felino vs Dr. Wagner, Black Tiger, Mephisto
If Dr. Wagner can’t get along with Black Tiger, we’ve got serious problems. You might think it’s strange to see Mephisto hanging out there by himself, but…
– La Park, Shocker, Mistico, vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hector Garza, Ultimo Guerrero
– El Santo (c) vs Averno for the WWA Welterweight Title
This doubles as Santo’s celebration of 22 (twenty two!) years of wrestling. I’d say Averno’s chances of actually winning this were impossible, but after this week, who knows.
CMLL.com notes Damien 666 beat Satanico for his hair in Tijuana on 10/15, and that’s the revenge for Satanico beating Damien in Mexico 666 for his hair way back on 10/25/02 (59). “You win at my place, I lose at your place” dealio, I believe.