11/19/04 Arena Mexico results (KrisZ)
1) Neutron/Chris Stone/Tony Rivera beat Arkangel/Hooligan/Nitro
2) Averno/Mephisto/Okumura beat Felino/La Mascara/Volador
– no words positive or negative about the debuting Mascara; Felino took the deciding pinfall
3) Legion del Notre (Terrible/Garza/Tarzan) beat Warrior/Canek/Rayo to win the CMLL Trios Titles
– “one of the wrost title matches in Arena Mex in a long while.” That’s not a huge surprise. This sorta clears the plate for Canek, but they threw in Rayo and Canek not getting along post match. The speculated deal for Canek being brought in to CMLL was that he’d lose his mask, so maybe he’s still gonna.
4) Alan Stone & Zumbido beat Loco Max & Mr. Mexico
– That’s not a surprise. They got about 9 minutes, half as long as the previous match, which really couldn’t have been much of a surprise.
5) Cien Caras/Mascara Ano Dos/Universo Dos Mil beat Pierroth II/Pierroth IIIh, Pierroth IIIj
– They’re pushing “Pierroth vs Universo” II [hair/hair] hard, so I assume it’s on for the yet-to-be-set year ender.
Hope the hair/hair makes air. And little else.
11/26 Arena Mexico lineup
1) Sombra de Plata/Neutron vs Maximo/Koreano
2) La Mascara/Tigre Blanco/Virus vs Masada/Hooligan/Arkangel
– Why do you give a guy a new gimmick to keep him in segundas? Maybe it’s too soon to point that out. I’m about two weeks from breaking down and spelling him “Holligan” like they keep doing – it’s the holiday spirit.
3) Shocker/Dos Caras Jr./Negro Casas vs Ultimo/Olimpico/Okumura
– it’s a triple main event situation. I don’t think this’ll be it.
3) Cien Caras, Mascara 2000, Apolo Dantes vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo/Pierroth/Vampiro
– I expect this will end up being it, though it’s surely not going to be the best match and it’s surely not the most intriguing.
3) LA Park/Dr. Wagner/Canek vs Hector Garza/Tarzan Boy/Terrible
– Now this is intriguing! Newly tecnico Dr. Wagner, against the evil new trios champions, teaming with – oh, right, his biggest enemy, Canek. And it’s not like he and Park are playing checkers. Of course, if Wagner was just stringing everyone along and only pretending to be tecnico, this would be the perfect time to turn back rudo. This is going to go badly for someone, which should make it a lot of fun for everyone else.
Speaking of Wagner, he and Black Tiger were subbed out of the Arena Coliseo tag team tournament. So sad.
I have no idea how I’m going to manage this for tomorrow, timewise, unless things go perfectly and I get writing time OR someone – maybe you! – makes a call for me…
Local Lucha!: Always helpful lucha hookup jtron got flyers for lucha shows in Cicero, IL (12/04?) and Aurora, IL (12/05 and quite likely close enough I couldn’t get lost if I tried) featuring Villano IV, Villano V, Super Kendo, and Hurcan Ramirez Jr. With a lineup like that, senior citizens shouldn’t just get a discount, they should get booked in a trios match.
Anyway, the info number is 224-659-0595, but I keep putting off calling because it’s about 11pm when I can call and I wouldn’t want cell phone calls that late. But if you want the info before I get it, there you go. (And tell me!)
Also, don’t go to the Cicero show alone. Don’t go anywhere in Cicero alone. You should know this already but it bears repeating.
You may say “write about the lucha shows you went to before going to more”, and you’re probably right, but my memory of them is badly slipping at this point.