I’ve been meaning to write some CMLL stuff for OnlineOnslaught for…um, ever? The Shocker/Negro Casas appearance in NWA-TNA was going to be my jumping off point, but that didn’t happen and I couldn’t find the time anyway.
I had a plan! The way I’d figure it, it’d be a series of articles to introduce people to CMLL, giving highlights and information. Launching in to recaps wouldn’t work as well, because I figure most of the people who know about CMLL and are intersted are reading ’em already. Anyway, here’s how the theoritcal series would go
1) Shocker vs Ultimo Guerrero, from 12/02, as “the best one on one match (lately)”
2) CMLL, AAA, Tijuana and other feds – how they all fit together in Mexico, and why I like CMLL most of all.
3) Negro Casas/Aguila/HsN/Mysterio Jr. vs Damien/Halloween/Averno/Mephisto in a eight man, as “guys you may know doing the lucha style you’re more used to”
4) CMLL Roster – who’s who, who’s important, who holds what title, what do they look like if you haven’t seen them before.
5) Tag Team Match – obviously, a GdI one. Probably the really really good Santo/Casas one.
6) CMLL Storylines – what’s been the issues? How did they get here?
7) Trios match. Not sure which one. Possibly a cibernetico instead if I can’t find a good one.
Half the problem is still time – I’m feeling again like I’m spending too much time on this (at the cost of doing other things I’d enjoy more) and so doing more is not a priority. And, the other thing is that I want to give background and info, but I want to be right. And I’m not sure that I’m always right doing CMLL stuff, and it’s not helping everything if I’m doing this wrong.
The good thing is that I have a very smart group of readers happy to correct me if I’m off course. Which gives me an idea.
I post something here. Y’all post comments – if I’m wrong, if there’s something that I’m omitting that shouldn’t be, or if I’m telling it wrong. Then I listen to you, and correct it however before sending it on to OO. And OnlineOnslaught gets a good article.
Of course, this depends on you guys wanting to be involved – and you’re certiantly not required to do more here than load up the page, read, and use any info however you’d like – but I figure if I at least try to have my mistakes caught, everyone’s better for it.
The first article actually got done, but it wasn’t so hard because it’s just a recapulation of a match I’ve watched and talked about before. The tough parts will be the even articles, because that requires me to create my own flow for once. We’ll see how it goes.