Posted this a little later so I could check out Shocker’s chat on Box Y Lucha. It went over two hours, and he took quite a few questions.
It seemed like 1 out of every 3 questions could be distilled down to “why did you leave CMLL and join AAA?” The chatters seemed anti-AAA. The short story is the deal was too good to pass up; better contract, and he wouldn’t be free for the TNA deal otherwise, which sounds like good money. He’s not burning any bridges with CMLL, saying both are good.
Another third of the questions where “when are you coming [x]”? Being oh so insightful, the only question I came up was “are you coming back to Chicago” – though who knows what it sounds like when it came out google.translation – and he didn’t get around to answering it.
Shocker has a nice looking website at http://www.shockerguapo.com/
Other notes of varying importance.
– He is redoing the Guapo U group as an AAA stable.
– He wants to be neither tecnico nor rudo, and he’d like to fight guys on both side, like Abismo Negro and Latin Lover. He sees Cibernetico as his biggest rival.
– One of his great dreams is to be a star in WWE. It’s nice to have dreams.
– He met with NJ while in Orlando – but he prefers to wrestle for his new AAA fans in Mexico. (Or, the hookup with CMLL complicates it.)
– I think he picked Atlantis over Dr. Wagner.
– His TNA deal prevents him from going to ROH, but maybe in the future? He’s got a year long deal with TNA. He thinks ROH wrestlers are really good.
– Shocker works out two hours a day, when he has time.
– Shocker is willing to drop his hair – for a million dollars.
The main Ovaciones article today is an interview with Hector Garza. He’s going to give a gift to the people – Pierroth’s shaved head. He’d like to wrestle in Germany, France and Spain at some point. He’s picking Dr. Wagner over Atlantis, and after they both win their matches, he would enjoy putting his hair up against Dr. Wagner’s mask, just to see if Dr Wagner is as good as he says.
today’s confusing G1 Update!: As previously mentioned, Lizmark’s going to New Japan for their next tour- he leaves on the 14th. He’ll be going back to Japan in September for G1World.
El Halcon #31 is up. Inside:
– Lots of better pictures of Texano Jr. than the one that’s up
– Interview with Dos Caras Sr.
– Arena Mexico recap
– Q&A with Mascara Sagrada I. He’s got a WWO Heavyweight Championship.
– Poster of some the new-er/local guys on the last AAA taping.
– LLF recap
– 1-2-3 Fuego Notes column. They’re picking Hector over Pierroth. Groon has been out injured, and so is Tigre Hispano.
– Arena Queretaro results
CMLL (TUE) 08/09 Arena Queretaro Results [halcon]
1) El Rojo b Zarna
2) Silver Dragon, Fuego Latino b Startron, Neuroisis
3) Drak Angel & Amapola b Marcela & Sahori
4) La Mascara & Misterioso II b Averno & Mephisto
Tecnicos will get a tag team title shot down the road for the win.
5) Rayo de Jalisco & Brazo de Plata b Universo 2000 & Emilio Charles
Rudos didn’t get along.
– Another Women’s promotion, using a lot of the FFL roster. Report says the attendance was initially 30 people, so they delayed the show for an hour and tried get more people to come.
– AAA Arena Coliseo de Monterrey report
Recap & Lucha Times later.