Ovaciones redesigned their site; the lucha story index is http://www.ovaciones.com/deportivo/menus/lucha.html. The whole site is loading incredibly slow, and I hope they get that fixed. On the upside, everything does look nicer, and that’s what a redesign is all about. Perhaps as a special gift to us all, we finally have AAA results!
AAA (SAT) 12/10 Monumental Bullring Results [ova]
1) Kaoma Jr., Tito Santana, Rio Bravo, Oscuridad b Rey Cometa, Laredo Kid, Hombre Sin Miedo, Principe Zafiro
2) Mini Abismo Negro, Jerrito Estrada, Mini Psicosis b Mascarita Sagarada, Ocatgoncito, Mascarita Sagrada Jr.
3) Shika b Chaman [second’s hair]
4) Cinthia Moreno, Oriental b Tiffany, Gran Apache [MEX MIXED TAG SF]
5) Chessman, La Diabólica b Estrellita, Billy Boy [MEX MIXED TAG SF]
6) Cinthia Moreno, Oriental b Chessman, La Diabolica [MEX MIXED TAG Final]
7) Intocable, Zorro, Electroshock b Pirata Morgan, Charly Manson, Zumbido
8) Shocker b Sangre Chicana [hair]
9) La Parka II, Latin Lover, Abismo Negro b Cibernetico, Cuervo, Escoria
The press had been talking about Abismo Negro turning tecnico all week, so that’s not a surprise. Cuervo and Escoria make reasonable cult members but odd main event particpants. They announced on the show that all the Sagrada’s would be getting new gimmicks in the near future. Shocker vs Sangre was a bloody battle.
CMLL (TUE) 12/13 Arena Coliseo Results [CMLL]
1) Mesala, Caligula b Rayo Tapatio I, Rayo Tapatio II
2) Stuka Jr., Trueno, Sensei b Apocalipsis, Ramstein, Flecha
3) Metro, Virus, Pantera b Nitro, Hooligan, Loco Max
4) Satánico, Black Warrior, Brazo de Plata vs Dr. X, Sangre Azteca, Pierroth
Pierroth replaced Emilio, Dr. X replaced HsN. Hope Safari feels better.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Dos Caras Jr., Hijo de Lizmark b Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Olimpico
WO.com report had Ultimo challenging Wagner to a title match post match.
CMLL (TUE) 12/13 Arena Aficion, Pachuca, Hidalgo Results [ova]
1) Hidroman, Aspid vs Hijo de Medic’s, Tigerman
2) Cerebro Negro, Braulio Flores b Titan, Mensajero de la Muerte
3) el Hijo del Gran Markus, Gran Markus II b Tony Boy, Araña Cibernética
4) Emilio Charles Jr., Bestia Salvaje b Felino, Texano Jr.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Dos Caras Jr. b Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero
CMLL (THU) 12/15 Arena Isabel de Cuernavaca Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Antaris, Pulsar vs Cirio I, Cirio II
2) Stuka, Trueno vs Apocalipsis, Ramstein
3) Universo 2000, Mascara Ano 2000, el Hijo de Cien Caras vs Head Hunter I, Brazo de Plata
4) Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Olimpico vs el Hijo del Santo, Dr. Wagner Jr., LA Park
Accion this week had highlights from the CMLL main event atomico (looked fun), and AAA clips from their Central American tour (small building.)
Veneno won back the IWRG Heavyweight Championship this past Sunday in a three way with former champion Cyborg and Bestia Salvaje.
IWRG says it’ll have it’s last show of the season on 12/20, with a 10 way cage of death mask match.
el Halcon net #49 is up.
– Pictures from Villano III & Maximo at the DragonDoor show.
– Interview with Angel Blanco Jr. He was trained by Diablo Velasco for 3 years, and later by Texano, Flash, and his brother. He’s been wrestling for 13 years. His debut match was in a trios match, against Sangre Astros, Angel Azteca and Atlantis teaming wiht Hijo del Angel Blanco (his brother) and Angel Blanco Jr. (cousin) for the CMLL Trios Titles. Are you confused? I’m totally confused. Angel Jr. unconfused by explaining his father would not let him use that name until he first finished becoming a CPA, and after, he wanted to make his debut under that name with his father, but Angel Blanco Sr. passed away before it could happen. His goal is to make it in CMLL full time.
– Final part of the Ocampo Eddie bio, from ’03 on.
– Interview with Mini Olimpico. He doesn’t want to ever turn rudo. When Olimpicito won the CMLL Mini Championship (of which he’s currently still champ), he didn’t actually get the belt – Pierrothito forget to bring it. It took him 8 days to actually get it. Olimpico has defended the belt five times in two years – I think he says he’s beat Pierrothito, Mini Violencia and Ultimo Dragoncito in defense.
– Interview with the CMLL Barber! His actual name is Alfonso Penaloza. He just happened to fill in one day in 1990 when someone was sick, and the position stuck. He hasn’t kept count, but he figures he’s at 90. It’s tough when the fans protest his hair cuttery because an injustice has gone on, but he’s got a job to do.
– Poster of Tarzan Boy.
– LLF recap and anniversary show preview.
– Nominees for the Adiccionj Luchistica awards. I love how one of the Best Fight/Feud nominees is “Atlantis vs being a rudo”.