taped 2014-10-21 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (more…)
CMLL (SAT) 12/27/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Inquisidor b Robin
2) Star Jr. DQ Ramstein
Ramstein pulled off Star Jr.’s mask for the DQ.
3) Sensei b Metálico
Sensei replaced Oro Jr.
4) Eléctrico b Mercurio
5) Sangre Azteca b Tritón
6) Fuego & Rey Cometa b Puma & Tiger
Tecnicos took 1/3
7) Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Kráneo b La Máscara, Titán, Valiente
Rudos took 1/3, Cavernario beating Titan to set up a title match.
Titan was a guest on today’s Fuego en el Ring and they asked him a bit about these Saturday Coliseo shows. It’s not that they’re just doing lineups like in the 1930s, it’s the entire show is presented like in the 1930s. No lights for entrances, no music, no edecanes. Basically, someone in CMLL thought they needed a show that was even more old school than their current shows. CMLL is so weird.
CMLL (SUN) 12/28/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) El Rebelde & Espiritu Negro b Bengala & Flyer
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Aéreo, Fantasy, Shockercito b Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Pegasso, The Panther, Tritón b Boby Zavala, Cancerbero, Okumura
Tecnicos took 2/3 in the best of the match of the night
4) Tiger b Blue Panther Jr. [lightning]
Tiger won with a dropkick to the chest in 6:31
5) Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., La Máscara b Kamaitachi, Mephisto, Pierroth
Kamaitachi replaced Sagrado. Tecnicos too k1/3.
6) Máximo, Valiente, Volador Jr. DQ Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Terrible
Tecnicos took 1/3 when Negro Casas fouled Maximo.
Not much of a crowd for the CMLL Lagunero’s going back to Gomez Palacio with Angel de Oro, Soberano, La Sombra vs Euforia, Niebla Roja and Ultimo Guerrer on top. Or maybe just really bad angle?
AAA’s last show of the year was in Toluca tonight. La Parka won in the main event trios. Looks like a good turnout. There’s no more scheduled shows until New Year’s Day.
On Saturday, Psycho Clown beat Texano Jr. to win the RCH championship. Chessman & Averno won a three way tag match and Centviron won a 14 man cibernetico.
SuperLuchas writes about EMLL wrestlers facing another promotion – in 1933 – and
ChilangaMask announced Pagano vs Impulso & Arez in a hardcore handicap match for their February show.
Ohtani’s Jacket watches Virus vs Stigma and Dragon Lee, has issues with the Brillo Dorada.
Lucha Libre in Japan.
12/28 Dragon Gate: Flamita (c) DQ Punch Tominaga [Open the Brave Gate] – 8th defense
Lots of things going on that one. Tominaga gets himself DQed on purpose a lot, and did so here by pulling of Flamita’s mask when Flamita had him beat. Flamita was very unhappy with the way he won, throwing down the belt and walking out on his partners. Flamita wasn’t seen with the rest of his friends later on in the show. The Dragon Gate story is Flamita is now out of a 01/16 10 man tag, and Dragon Gate is in possession of the belt but it isn’t considered vacant.
Flamita was already announced for the 01/01 CaraLuchas show; maybe what’s going on here is he’s getting a break to be at home for a little while and Dragon Gate is starting up an interim championship storyline in the meantime. He’ll be back in Dragon Gate soon enough.
12/27 NOAH: Kenou & Hajime Ohara beat Super Crazy & Pesadilla to keep the GHC JUNIOR TAG in a TLC match. There’s video of that up already, though Pesadilla’s 5 second promo before hand is almost worth watching in itself.
CHILANGA MASK (SAT) 01/11/2014 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México
1) Keira vs Star Fire
2) Karma vs Herodes Jr.
3) Impulso vs Arez
4) Trauma I vs Magnifico
5) Belial vs Judas el Traidor
6) Black Terry vs Trauma II
Different concept for the January show: all singles matches. It looks serene compared to the Lucha Memes show, but I don’t think the main event will be calm.
AAA (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena Neza [Estrellas del Ring, Tercera Caida]
1) Bugambilia, Diosa Atenea, Lady Dragón b Golden Bull, India Mazagua, Star Fire
2) Pandemonium, Pandemonium Jr., Xibalba b Gato Montes, Rey De Oros, Rey Infierno
3) Cirujano, Gran Markus, Hijo de Gran Markus b Henry, Neza Kid, Warrior Steel Jr.
4) Rey Neza b Motocross [mask]
Rey Neza took 2/3 to win the mask, the last with Motocross’ own Nudo Motorizado. Motocross is Javier Perez Martinez, 8 years, from Ixtapaluca, EDM
5) Myzteziz b Averno, Dr. Wagner Jr.
listed as for a middleweight title, but no title was on the line. Averno accidentally fouled Wagner, Mistico pinned him, Mistica on Averno for the win.
Looked like a good turn out.
Over in Arena Aficion, La Mascara betrayed Volador Jr. to cost the tecnicos the main event. That set up a singles match next week – so after all their issues the last couple months, the only place the singles match seems to be happening is a 1/4 full Arena Aficion.
In Arena Azteca Budokhan, Oriental, Fenix and Drago defeated Pentagon, Cuervo and Daga in the main event. Comando Rivera & Mayan lost their hair and mask to Demoledor & (local) Puma – Mayan is Edgar Hernandez.
CMLL (FRI) 12/26/2014 Arena México
1) Flyer & Starman b Akuma & Hijo del Signo
Starman replaced Molotov, who’s been advertised but hasn’t actually returned.
2) Okumura, Puma, Virus b Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr.
Virus beat Hombre Bala with the Rotovirus
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky, The Pantherb Ephesto, Hechicero, Mephisto
Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Máscara Dorada & Negro Casas b Rey Cometa, Tritón, Sangre Azteca, Delta, Pólvora, Titán, Kamaitachi, Fuego[CMLL WELTER, cibernetico]
vacant championship; Mistico gave it up after being hit by a car. Battle royal determined sides. Elimination order: Fuego, Sangre Azteca, Rey Cometa, Triton, Delta, Kamaitachi, Polvora, Titan leaving Mascara Dorada & Negro Casas to advance to next week. Triton & Delta feuded.
5) Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Shocker b Máximo, Valiente, Volador Jr.
Rudos took 1/3. Volador beat Bucanero in the third, but he slipped back in and fouled Volador to set up the Terrible win.
CMLL and Gonzalo noted it was a better than usual turnout. Mr. Niebla was dressed up as Niebla Claus in the main event. The cibernetico looks like good and appears to have turned into a Casas/Titan/Dorada three way by the end. Kamaitachi made it pretty far for him.
The highlight reel of the show is already up; Negro Casas wisely stays out of the way in the cibernetico until late, letting everyone else kill each other.
CMLL (FRI) 12/26/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (1), Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (2), Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (3), Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (4), Arena Coliseo Guadalajara (5)]
1) Dr. Freezer & Índigo COR Furia Nazi & Thunder Boy
Rudos could not return after dives.
2) El Divino & Virgo b Jocker & Sádico
3) Exterminador, Leo, Magnum DQ El Cuatrero, Maléfico, Sansón
Exterminador attacked his partner Leo for the DQ.
4) Mr. Águila, Terrible, Vangellys b Esfinge, Gallo, La Máscara
Terrible beat La Mascara
5) Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 b Atlantis, Brazo de Oro, Rayo de Jalisco Jr.
Cien snuck in a foul on Rayo.
I’d be concerned that is setting up a rematch, but it’s more likely it’s just going nowhere.
Atomic Boy is back in action; he won Copa Rosales last night on an AAA house show. Mistica on Pentagon Jr. in the main event.
The LK wrestling review debut podcast had an interview with Lucha Underground’s Chris DeJoseph and got him to spill the rules for Azteca Warfare. It’s about 13:30 in.
- Luchadors will enter in intervals
- It’s an elimination style match.
- No DQ, No Countout, No Over The Top eliminations.
- Eliminations only by pinfall or elimination.
- he match is the entire hour.
NJPW’s taping schedule for FantasticaMania is:
01/14 (Kagawa) will not be taped
01/13, 01/15, 01/17 (Osaka, Kyote, small Tokyo show) are taped for SamuraiTV but are not on NJPWWorld.com
01/18 & 01/19 (Korakuen Hall) are on NJPWWorld.
The SamuraiTV shows have surfaced in the past. The big matches are usually on those last two shows. Lineups should be announced after NJPW’s 01/04 show.
On his press tour for the NJPW show, Jeff Jarrett suggested he’s having discussions about GFW also airing TripleMania on US PPV.
BxB Fly has a music video of 10/06/14 Puebla
LV reviews the Arena Naucalpan Anniversary show.
Notimex’s recap of the years says it was the year of Alberto and Atlantis. They mention Aerostar too, so I guess you could say it was truly a AAA year.
Monterrey’s 5X is running for office in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon, and revealed his identity (Alvaro Suarez) in the process. The funny thing is, the theory we had was 5X was a shared identity between multiple people.
This sure looks like a poster for this weekend at Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi, which shut down forever a few weeks ago. Maybe they’re calling something else Arena Coliseo now.
The Canek vs Mr. Jack match is happening on 01/13 in Arena Aficion, buy your tickets before they all sell out. It’s only a (IWL) heavyweight title match, they’ll have to move to a 40,000 seat bull ring for the mask match.
AAA SANCHEZ (THU) 01/01/2015 Arena Neza
1) Holkan, Imperio Negro, Lord Freeze vs Golden Bull, Taquero Maldito, Tony Cirio Jr.
2) Bryan El Estreper, Dr. Cerebro, Rey Lobo, Rey Lobo Jr. vs Mike Segura, Pandemonium, Pandemonium Jr., Xibalba
3) Chico Che, Neza Kid, Rey Neza vs Cirujano Jr., Maldito Jr., Motocross
4) Myzteziz vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Averno, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Gran Markus, Hijo de Gran Markus, Trauma I, Trauma II [mask]
After all these years, Dr. Wagner is clearly going to lose his mask to (one of a dozen) Gran Markus in this cage match. What a conclusion.
CMLL (FRI) 01/02/2015 Arena México
1) Magnus & Starman vs Disturbio & Metálico
2) Dark Angel, La Vaquerita, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Tritón vs Okumura, Pierroth, Sangre Azteca
4) Ángel de Oro, Máximo, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Kráneo, Mephisto
5) Atlantis, La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
6) Máscara Dorada vs Negro Casas [CMLL WELTER, final]
final for Mistico’s vacant title. Dorada previously beat Casas in 2010 to win this title.
The Volador and Rey Bucanero thing just goes away. I guess they still have time on the 10th if they really want to do it.
IWRG (SUN) 01/04/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Black Niko vs Anubis Black & Araña de Plata
2) Dragón Celestial & Metaleón vs Dowki & Hip Hop Man
3) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs Ciclon Black, Dr. Killer, Roller Boy, Tony Rivera
4) Emperador Azteca, Pantera I, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
5) Hijo De Dos Caras, Relámpago, Súper Nova vs Chicano, Danny Casas, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
More Neza Boys in to take on the Turtles. Dr. Killer has appeared on FILL shows, Roller Boy is a new name (or a wrong name.)
CaraLuchas (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), LLNEI]
1) Rolling b Magnetico
2) Arceus & Rayo Star b Kilvan & Yoruba and Alfa & Omega
3) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Metaleón b Dinamic Black, Hijo de Clímax, Imposible
4) Andy Boy, Danger King, Guerrero Mixtico b Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Trauma I
Mixtico beat Apolo after having been tied to the ropes.
5) Súper Nova © DQ Trauma II [UWA JLH]
Ref missed Nova fouling Trauma II but did see Trauma I fouling Nova in revenge and called the DQ. Nova challenged the Traumas to Nova/Texano vs Traumas on the next show.
6) Negro Navarro © b Hechicero (CMLL) [FLLM MASTER]
IWRG (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Black Fury & Cristal b Princesa Misty & Yuca La Potranquita
IWRG Debuts for the losing team.
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Araña de Plata, Dowki, Dr. Diabolico, Hip Hop Man
Dr. Diabolico (?!?!) replaced Imposible. Dowki’s first match here since March.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Canis Lupus, Chicano, Danny Casas, El Hijo del Diablo, Eterno, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47 b Black Terry,Centvrión, Ciclon Black, Emperador Azteca, Liderk, Miss Gaviota,Rayan, Tony Rivera [IWRG IC TAG, seeding battle royal]
Title vacant on 2014-11-30 when AK47 fails to appear up for a title defense. Instead of first round matches, IWRG had a seeding battle royal where the first four teams who were eliminated were dumped into a losers atomicos, and the winning four teams advanced.
4) Black Terry, Ciclon Black, Emperador Azteca, Tony Rivera bCentvrión, Liderk, Miss Gaviota, Rayan
5) Chicano & Imposible b Apolo Estrada Jr. & El Hijo del Diablo[IWRG IC TAG, semifinal]
Gringos destroyed Danny Casas, but Imposible just happened to be around to replace him (even after missing his own match!). Imposible and Chicano advanced.
6) Canis Lupus & Eterno DQ Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 [IWRG IC TAG, semifinal]
AK-47 was caught fouling Eterno
7) Canis Lupus & Eterno b Chicano & Imposible [IWRG IC TAG, final]
One fall final, with Lupus & Eterno’s experience teaming proving the edge. 24th Champions. Eterno’s second reign.
8) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. b Máscara Sagrada, Súper Nova, Veneno
Piratas took 1/3, pulling Sagrada’s mask to beat him. Veneno is just back to being a tecnco.
IWRG tournament is very IWRG, but at least they got a good final out of it. There’s an Xalapa guy named Dr. Diabolico, but it’s odd for him to be here. Hechicero made some appearances in IWRG this time last year, which turned out to be because he was trying out to IWRG.
Two of many indy shows last night, and somehow Tercera Caida was at all of them. In nearby Arena Neza, Motocross (Javier Pérez Martínez, 8 years a wrestler, from Ixtapaluca) lost his mask to Rey Neza. DTU’s cage match in Queretaro saw Ciclope lost his hair to his brother Drastick Boy after a failed attempt to leave his hermano behind. The Lucha Libre Boom show set up Freelance vs Impulso.
Arena Mexico has another Volador/Bucanero trios match even. The more interesting match is the cibernetico for the CMLL Welterweight Championship. Wednesday’s CMLL Informa indicated the cibernetico will end with two remaining, who will come back next Friday to decide the title. CMLL’s done this with other recent vacant titles, and always does a poor job of explaining it causing the cibernetico to end with boos when the fans belatedly realize they’re not getting a winner. The ripple effect is CMLL’s unlikely to run Volador/Bucanero next week since they’ve got the other singles match, and it’s got to happen on 01/10 before Volador heads off for FantasticaMania.
The field for the cibernetico is Negro Casas, Rey Cometa, Mascara Dorada, Sangre Azteca, Delta, Polvora, Titan, Kamaitachi, Fuego, and Triton. It’s a lesser star power field than it might be if it wasn’t held during the week where lots of guys are out on vacation. Triton, Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca all might not get a chance in this normally, but everyone has a chance to advance to next week because of the lack of overwhelming favorites. The biggest possible match is Negro Casas versus Mascara Dorada, but neither have been programmed that strongly and others could sneak thru. Figuring out the winner depends on how much you’re willing to believe CMLL when they say Mistico is getting the first shot. Mistico getting that shot at FantasticaMania would make some sense, and Polvora is the only rudo in this field and on the tour. There’s no other reason for Polvora would win this, so even just advancing may indicate the plan. If CMLL is planning long term, it’d make sense for Kamaitachi to at least make the finals to build him up, since he’s likely going to be in a mask feud in 3-6 months and hasn’t gotten many big wins. Or, CMLL could just be random and pick any two people – this group is deep enough that any two people should produce an interesting final.
Guadalajara has the legends main event. Rayos and Dinamitas in 2014 does not sound like a promising match, but it is the sort of thing that makes some sense to raise awareness to the new day for the shows. They’d also need someone to get the fans to come back next week when those guys aren’t around and that’s less clear. Exterminador and Leo have been disagreeing in the undercard, maybe they’ll break up on this show, but that alone doesn’t seem quite enough.
SuperLuchas looks back at past Christmas Day shows, including Roberto Paz’s retirement.
Segunda Caida praises Dragon Lee/Stuka Jr./Star Jr. v. Belial/Extreme Tiger/Impulso Chilanga Mask
LV reviews this week’s IWRG. I really liked Imposible vs Metaleon too.
AAA Caralucha (THU) 01/01/2015 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) ? vs ??
2) Andy Boy & Danger vs Kilvan & Yoruba
3) Carta Brava Jr., Drago, Súper Fly vs Fly Star, Guerrero Mixtico, Rayo Star
4) Fénix, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagon vs Flamita, Hijo del Fishman, Sky Man
5) Súper Nova & Texano Jr. vs Trauma I & Trauma II
6) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Broken Clown, Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown
Billed as AAA vs CaraLucha. Texano brothers don’t team a lot but are good when they do. Flamita could use some better partners; that’d be Sky Man’s return to the building after his injury. He’s good enough to fit in the match but it’s likely to be built to him trying the same spot that got him hurt in the first place.
AAA on Televisa: 2014-11-01
taped 2014-10-10 @ Plaza de Toros, Tlahuelilpan, Hidalgo
Dinastía & Mascarita Sagrada vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Histeria: [GOOD]
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-11-01
taped 2014-10-21 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Dragon Lee, Máscara Dorada, Valiente vs Boby Zavala, Maléfico, Pólvora: [GOOD]
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-11-01
Rey Escorpión © vs Ángel de Oro for the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship: [GREAT]
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-11-01
taped 2014-10-24 @ Arena México
Titán, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys: [GOOD]
Máximo vs Rey Escorpión in a lightning match [GOOD]
Lucha Underground: 2014-11-05
taped 2014-09-07 @ Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California
Johnny Mundo & Prince Puma vs Cortez Castro & Mr. Cisco: [GOOD]
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
CMLL on Terra: 2014-11-02
Matches To Watch Later
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-11-02
taped 2014-10-29 @ Arena Naucalpan
Imposible © vs Dragón Celestial for the IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Championship:
CMLL Puebla: 2014-11-03
taped 2014-10-06 @ Arena Puebla
Volador Jr. © vs La Sombra for the NWA World Welterweight Championship
box. It’s after the jump too.
== AAA ==
Not sure. The Christmas show they did this past week covered everyting thru TripleMania, and there’s no real way to do another show without covering the yet-to-be-aired Guerra de Titans. Maybe back to normal and Tuxtla Guiterrez part 1? Dunno.
== Lucha Underground ==
Off until January 7th. Episode info/preview should roll out Saturday morning.
== CMLL ==
FOX2: Top 3 again: Cavernario/Dragon Rojo, Ingobernables vs Euforia/Thunder/UG, Rey vs Volador in the main event trios
Azteca: a mostly boring show. Valiente/Cavernario
52MX: Atlantis, Sombra, Marco vs Rey, Shocker, Terrible plus Felino, Niebla, UG vs Gallo, Stuka Jr., Titan and Zeuxis/Sugehit lightning match, following on the cibernetico they didn’t show. You know, they could build that by showing a clip of that finish (would take about 30 seconds) or interviews from one or both women (same), and there’s no chance that’s happening. None at all.
Claro: A bleh card with Fuego vs Polvora. Best match from last week probably won’t air.
C3: Main event oa Atlantis, Marco, Maximo vs Felino, Kraneo, Terrible. The midcard feud is on, but this show joins the others in December doldrums now.
TVC Deportes (Puebla): no idea if/when this will air, or if the stream will still be upw hen it does, but they may be onto the Attantis/Shocker main event.
Terra Sunday: The only tecnico main eventers left standing – Maximo Valiente, and Volador – take on Niebla, Casas and Terrible this time.
== IWRG ==
IWRG (LAS/AYM): Well, it doesn’t appear they’re running this Sunday for whatever reason, so it’s a pretty good bet the X-Mas day show will air. Tag team tournament and some other stuff. (more…)
CMLL (TUE) 12/23/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [ACG Facebook (1), ACG Facebook (2), ACG Facebook (3), Martes de Glamour]
1) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Reycko & Virgo
2) Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito b Astral, Meteoro, Último Dragoncito
Demus Driver on Astral
3) Hombre sin Nombre, Pierroth, Sagrado b Esfinge, Gallo, Tritón
Sagrado beat Esfinge
4) Bárbaro Cavernario, Boby Zavala, Mr. Águila b Blue Panther Jr., The Panther, Titán
Aguila beat Titan.
5) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Valiente b Ephesto, Mephisto, Thunder
Mephisto stole Mascara Dorada’s mask and pinned him.
Dragon Rojo talked to his hometown El Siglo de Torreon about his current career. He’s pushing for next year’s Anniversary main event to be himself vs Rey Escorpion vs Polvora in a three way apuesta match. Overall, he feels CMLL is only 25% known stars but they have a lot of young talent so the promotional will take off in a few years when they young guys become stars.
SuperLuchas has a discussion about dives from high places after Astro Rey’s latest.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
SegundaCaida likes Rey Hechicero/Barbaro Cavernario v. Veneno/Negro Navarro Cara Lucha 11/29
Ohtani Jacket writes about Virus vs Negro Navarro from AOL.