Black Lotus was shown to be trapped in a car at the start of the show. Later, at an unknown location, the trunk was opened, and a mystery person asked her what she knew about lucha libre. The person was shown for a brief instant – and it was the mystery masked man who saved Prince Puma in the vignette that opened the series.
After Aerostar defeated Drago, Dario Cueto announced they would be spending more time together. Drago & Aerostar will continue in a best of five series (tied 1-1) and the winner will receive a Unique Opportuinty.
Cage dominated most of the match with Prince Puma. Konnan appeared late to encourage Puma to make it to the ropes after a hold. Cage later dropped Puma with his Weapon X finisher, but opted to punch Puma in the face repeatedly instead of covering. Konnan yelled for Puma to cover up, grabbed a towel, and threw it in to call the submission. Later in the locker room, Konnan told Prince Puma that Puma just needed to stick to the plan – it appeared at least part of what we just saw was that plan, but it was unclear what part.
Sexy Star confronted Dario Cueto in his office. She was sick of men bailing her out, and wanted the Crew all by herself. Cueto suggested a match with Big Ryck, but Sexy insisted on going it alone. Cueto clarified: Big Ryck wanted the Crew as well, so he and Sexy Star would have a match next week and the winner would get to face the Crew. Sexy Star was satisfied with this.
Pentagon Jr. defeated Massaro with ease, even doing his #0M pose while holding Massaro, then dropping him with a piledriver, then powerbombing him thru a table and then armbarring him.
King Cuerno’s tope got a vignette! It made a lot of sense later, as three straight topes lead to both men being counted out. Mundo and Cuerno continued to brawl around the ring, up the stairs and finally thru a fence.
I kind of feel like I know as much as what’s going on with Lucha Underground as anyone who doesn’t actually work for them, but I have no idea what’s going on in multiple cases! I never thought we’d see the mentor type guy from the first episode again, just writing that of as a thematic bit, but there he was and I have no idea why. I’d assume the trunk bit was to sneak Black Lotus away from where Cueto might spot her, but he could just as much be the guy Dario was talking to on the phone about the situation. I dunno!
I also have no idea about Konnan’s scheme but also want to know what it is. My first assumption was Konnan meant the towel throwing was part of the plan, but maybe I shouldn’t limit Konnan’s plans into being so narrow. He’s a world of possibilities.
The thing I do know is this week’s show in-ring was great. The 3 big matches were all great in their own ways – Drago/Aerostar was a fun flying exhibition, the other two combined action with advancing their stories – and even the Pentagon squash match was pretty memorable. (I’m guessing Striker called the finish “3 Up 3 Down” because he hasn’t put together that Pentagon Jr.’s doing “0 M” handsigns – it took a while for me too.) Not to keep criticizing lsat week’s show, but any of those matches would’ve been the best match on that show.
There were a couple of cheap finishes. The Puma bit – both being in desperate enough trouble to need the match stopped and his reaction to Konnan actually doing it – didn’t get enough time to really sink it. The follow up discussion muddies that a little bit. They did sold the Cuerno topes – again 3 of them – as killer to explain the countout, and the brawl after the match was a much better way to keep the feud going than a screwy finish, so that one worked better than it reads.
LyC (SUN) 02/22/2015Arena Coliseo Monterrey [Lo Mejor de Lucha,LuchaMania Monterrey] 1) Erika Sotelo, La Chica Enmascarada, Mini Hator b Alicia, Larry Miranda Jr., Tequilia Lady Jaguar, who Alicia unmasked in December, sat in the front row and yelled at Alicia during the match. The distraction eventually led to Erika beating Alicia. Jaguar threw her drink at Alicia after the match. 2) Demenzía b Galactar, Gato Fantasma Demenzia beat Gato Fantasma 3) Kaientai, Rico Rodriguez, Silver King Jr. b Epydemius, Ninja Jr., Silencio Silver King Jr. was accompanied by Hijo de Silver King (so there is two of them.) Silver Jr. beat Ninja Jr. 4) Big Neurosis & Difunto I b Caifan & Caifan Rockero III listed as Diluvios vs Caifans, but the Diluvios were replaced by Difunto & Big Neurosis. LUM’s Hombre de Negro helped Difunto & Neurosis win. 5) Hijo del Ninja, Humberto Garza, Ultimo Ninja DQ Dr. Wagner Jr., Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Silver King Wagners quickly turned into a street fight and took the first. Ninjas rallied back in the second, with Silver King cut badly by a shot from a cooler. (The recap says the white part of his mask turned red in under 10 seconds.) Third fall was short, with King blatantly fouling Hijo del Ninja. Beer was thrown in. Silver King ran to the back to get treatment for his cut, while a rematch was set up for 03/15. The winner of that match will be the LyC Tag Team championship, and the match will either be bull terrier or cage.
Pictures indicate Arena Coliseo Monterrey came close to selling out or actually did. It’s rare in recent times for people to even be seated in the upper level, much less fill it all up. Note they added fireworks, a big screen and guardrails. A lot of these names are in and out of this building regularly, so the credit seems to go to the build they did on TV and radio for this show. This show was previously said to be airing on TV, returning new matches to Noches de Coliseo, so I guess we’ll see this weekend.
CMLL (TUE) 02/24/2015Arena México [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Demus 3:16 & Pequeño Nitro b Fantasy & Último Dragoncito
2) Flyer, Oro Jr., Star Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Artillero, Súper Comando Star & Flyer had new matching red gear.
3) Amapola, La Comandante, Tiffany b Dark Angel, Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit Comandante replaced Zeuxis on Monday. Marcela replaced Estrellita on an updated lineup but Estrellita did wrestle. Tiffany pulled Sugehit’s mask to beat her. Sugehit said wanted a lightning match next week and Tiffany said no.
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón b Kamaitachi, Luciferno, Pólvora Kamaitachi replaced Bobby Zavala.
5) Kráneo, Negro Casas, Olímpico b Fuego, La Máscara, Titán Fuego replaced Rey Cometa (still injured, odd he’d be booked this early). Ripper was listed in Olimpico’s place on an updated lineup, but Olimpico did end up wrestling.
6) Volador Jr. b Último Guerrero UG was DQed for excessive violence in the first, took the second and Volador won clean with a backcracker in the third.
Volador actually won. Ultimo Guerrero can blame the referee (Tirantes) for calling the DQ in the first fall.
Even the updated lineups aren’t accurate. I dunno. Tiffany’s stuck in the lightning match. This is the second time in about a month where a Tuesday lightning match has been set up by a finish on the previous show – but it didn’t actually take place last time.
Tonight’s Lucha Underground episode is called Caged Animals. Matches on tap:
Cage vs Prince Puma, where Cage can get a title shot with a win
I don’t have it handy, but I did grab the HD still of Dario’s list from last week. The words on top we couldn’t figure out last week were “Tactus Phorm”. Google reveals that’s a recently released iPad screen that creates raised physical bumps whenever the keyboard is visible on screen, so you have a better idea of where to put your fingers. That’s interesting, and that means it probably was Dario’s real life list of things to check and not a plot point. Next, to decipher the hidden meaning of the giant red bull that’s suddenly on Dario’s desk.
CMLL officially announced Homenaje a Dos Leyendas will air in 60 Cinepolis theaters around Mexico. There’s no list of which theaters. The article is more interested in promoting this as the latest in the line of CMLL being a technological leader, saying they were the first promotion to be on black and white TV, first on color TV, first Mexican company to be on PPV, first to go to HD and first to be in movie theaters.
Few of those appear to be true, even if you consider “lucha libre” different than “US (or other) wrestling”. The history I’ve read says the 50s Televicentro group is first on Mexico TV. EMLL would’ve been first on TV prior to UWA when TV returned to Mexico City, but it’s likely groups elsewhere in the country were on color TV first. I’m not totally sure about PPV – was the show indy show using CMLL talent where Rey Bucanero lost his mask a PPV? (Also, PPV worked so well they stopped doing them.) They might have been on HD first, because only channels the size of Televisa were doing HD at first and AAA got to it later because they travel, but they were still years behind the rest of the world at that time. Broadcasting shows in movie theaters appears to be new for Mexican wrestling, but has been done elsewhere for years. The thing they should’ve been boasting about is being able to do weekly and even thrice weekly live internet broadcasts, but they don’t want to talk about that anymore. Fudging details for a better story is one thing, but laughably behind the times CMLL positioning themselves as a technological leader is a big stretch and also beside the point.
CMLL has highlights of the 02/20 show. The clips indicate the plan is for Fox Sports 2 to air the entire tournament block and the trios main event, so an eight match show.
CMLL (TUE) 03/03/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Gallo & Magnum vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
2) Goya Kong, La Vaquerita, Silueta vs Amapola, La Comandante, La Seductora
3) Esfinge, Fuego, Tritón vs Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro vs Felino [super libre]
5) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Euforia, Negro Casas, Shocker
Felino’s last singles match here wasn’t any good, CMLL super libre matches are usually no different than regular matches and Angel de Oro wrestles the same match ever time so that’ll not be any good.
CMLL (TUE) 03/03/2015Arena México
1) Bengala & Leono vs Akuma & Espiritu Negro
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Princesa Sugehit vs Tiffany [lightning]
4) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Hechicero, Puma, Tiger
5) Dragon Lee, Super Porky, Titán vs Luciferno, Rey Escorpión, Vangellys
6) Mistico, Stuka Jr., Volador Jr. vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Ripper
It sure seemed like Mistico & Ripper were intended to team and feud in the incredible pairs tournament, only Mistico didn’t show up. They’re on opposite sides here so we’ll see if they feud now.
For reasons I’m not going to explain as to seem mysterious, I have only match listings for last weekend’s shows and not results. I’ll update this post if those turn up, and you’ll be able to figure out some results based on the match listings.
Again, these are matches for two months from now. You can see the match listings, but spoilers are inevitable at this point. Go read something else if you don’t want to know.
CMLL (MON) 02/23/2015Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Bengala & Tigre Rojo Sr. b Cholo & King Jaguar
2) Akuma, Disturbio, Policeman b Arkalis, Asturiano, Black Tiger
3) Cancerbero, Canelo Casas, Raziel b Lestat, Stigma, Tigre Rojo Jr. Stigma replaced Starman.
4) Atlantis, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas Sombra tossed his mask to Negro Casas to draw the DQ.
Also, now there’s a lucha libre magazine (or maybe program) being given away at Arena Puebla shows called “Estrellas de la Lucha Libre”
Tonight’s Arena Mexico has Volador vs Ultimo Guerrero, rivals in and out of the ring. Their last singles match in Guadalajara ended prematurely when the ref counted three on a spot that was meant to be a near fall (which neither man tried to hide all that much.) Volador won that match, which may have not been the plan – tonight’s show might remedy it.
The usual bit of Monday replacements have changed tonight’s Arena Mexico card. Zeuxis is obviously out – the latest report has her out five (!) months after ankle surgery this morning. That’s quite sad. Comandante takes her place – maybe she’s the one who will end up on more shows going forward. Rey Cometa was listed on the show but he shouldn’t be back this soon from his own surgery. He’s been replaced by Fuego. Estrellita is also often, replaced by Marcela. Can’t find a reason for that one.
In addition, Hombre Bala takes Flyer’s place on this week’s Sabado Retro card.
La Sombra and Rey Bucanero, Volador’s forever rival and his current one, face off in their own singles match in Guadalajara. Rey Bucanero really should win if Homenaje a Dos Leyendas is airing in movie theaters in Guadalajara. That’s just a bizarre sentence to write.
There’s no card announced, but it should come quick. They’ve announced this show much closer to it happening than usual; it’s unclear if the deal just came together late or if they’re just been trying to spotlight the Alberto appearances in Neza & Naucalpan before revealing he would also be in DF.
This DF taping means Rey de Reyes probably won’t start airing on TV until the first weekend of April. There’s been no hint of PPV for that, so we’re probably waiting. Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera was where AAA had the free internet broadcast of an AAA taping last year. There was really never any explanation of what that was about – it seemed like a test run for iPPV but that never happened – so there’s no telling if it’ll happen again.
Hijo del Santo, Dr. Wagner Jr.,
Casandro, Mascarita Sagrada,
Magno, more TBA
Demon, Parka (AAA), Psycho Clown,
Villano IV, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagon,
Fenix, Texano, Magno, Mini Blue Demon,
Mini Histeria, Octagoncito, Mini Abismo,
Sexy Star, Faby Apache, plus one more
38.20 (obstructed?) to 104.50
One would think each promotion would know about each other, but I’m always surprised. No idea how Magno is working both, but it kind of points to usual opponent Casandro being the unannounced person on the AAA show. I’d assume one of the tecnico minis is working as Mini Blue Demon for the show.
CMLL (MON) 03/02/2015Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Meyer, Star Jr. vs Espanto Jr., Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
2) Oro Jr., Pegasso, Rey Samuray vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Policeman
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker
Rey Samuray makes his return here; there’s not enough spots for all the Puebla local who could be working this shows, and some guys are just going four months in between appearances. They could easily find enough people for a sixth weekly match, but they may not want to pay for a sixth match (and it’s a show that ends late in the night as it is.)
Mr. Niebla being one third of the current national trios champions is one of a couple things I’ve forgotten. I’ve got no idea how CMLL is going to get out of that – and they kind of need to unless they plan on changing the Universal tournament format – but the main event feud Ingobernables vs Peste Negra feud seems like something which normally would be leading to a trios title match.
AULL (SUN) 03/08/2015Arena Lopez Mateos 1) Pakal & Sniper vs Palacio Maya & Prehispanic 2) Pegazuz, Shibata, Spider Boy vs Ave Negra, Discordia, Ironía 3) Ángel de la Noche, Ángel Del Amor, Rey Krystal vs Hijo De Coco Amarillo, Hijo De Coco Azul, Hijo De Coco Rojo 4) Donatelo, Leonardo, Miguel Angel, Rafael vs Tortuga Mutant I, Tortuga Mutant II, Tortuga Mutant II, Tortuga Mutant IV 5) Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento vs Leo (IWRG), Mike, Rafy, Teelo
I forgot the Tortuga Mutants were around in the mid-2000s, prior to their appearance on this past week’s show. Looking back, there was usually two or three of them (so at least one of these are new and probably all of them.) It looks to be a regular gimmick – they’re already booked in April.
UWE (SAT) 03/14/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos 1) Chacal & Príncipe Azteca vs El Nahual & King Star 2) Dante, Euro, Filder vs Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico 3) Mike Segura, Terry 2000, Yakuza vs Freelance, Ironia, Sádico 4) Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Silver King Jr. vs Hijo del Ninja, Rico Rodriguez, Ultimo Ninja 5) Myzteziz, Pantera, Solar I vs ?, Averno, Negro Navarro
AAA (SUN) 03/29/2015 Arena Solidaridad, Monterrey, Nuevo León
1) Mascarita Sagrada & Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Charly Manson
2) ?, Faby Apache, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Sexy Star, Taya Valkyrie
3) Angélico & Jack Evans vs Parka Negra & Pentagón Jr.
4) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
5) El Mesías, El Patrón Alberto, La Parka vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Texano Jr., Zorro
Another non-TV appearance for an Alberto on a loaded card. Same night as WrestleMania. That won’t kill the show in Mexico but it does seem like something you’d still try to avoid if you’re going thru the expense of paying for this card. Alberto, Sexy Star, Pentagon and Angelico being booked here suggests Lucha Underground is not taping this weekend – that’s what I’d assume, but I haven’t seen the March schedule yet.
Black Terry Jr. has the highlights of the important match: Turtles vs Turtles. There are not many pictures of Mutant Turtles, but they look a little low rent. I do not like their odds.
IWRG (SUN) 02/22/2015Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring, The Gladiatores]
1) Atomic Star, Dowki, Hip Hop Man b Alfa, Galaxy, Omega
2) Electro Boy, Hijo del Alebrije, Kamilión b Black Fury, Dragón Celestial, Miss Gaviota Hijo del Alebrije (debut) replaced La Sadica.
3) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Relámpago b Apolo Estrada Jr., Cerebro Negro, Imposible
4) Metaleón, Negro Navarro, Veneno b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Hijo de Pirata Morgan straight falls. Eterno and Navarro had a 10 minute hold vs hold exchange to start the match. Veneno tricked Pirata into splashed the refs for the first fall DQ. Veneno won clean in the second fall and asked for a title shot against Pirata. Pirata accepted.
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Pirata Morgan, Universo 2000 Jr. b Chicano, Danny Casas, Máscara Sagrada Mascara snuck in a foul on Dany Casas.
Hijo de Pirata Morgan looks to be working AAA a lot in the future, so Veneno might pick up a title win here. (Then again, we could’ve said the same about Eterno last year and he’s back here, so such measures may not be necessary.)
That reminds me: the three most hyped stories on recent AAA TV have been the Rey de Reyes tournament, the dangerous alliance of the Hell Brothers and La Sociedad, and the new trio of Hijo del Pirata, Electroshock, and Man With No Name (Kronuz.) There’s about 3 weeks of TV left until Rey de Reyes, and it’s still unclear how the last two are going to actually resolve in matches – there are matches they can come up with, but they haven’t indicated an direction on TV yet.
In a recap that probably hasn’t been posted yet, I said the Leyendas Inmortales Heavy Metal/Mascara Ano 2000 feud was the same as the Heavy Metal/Electroshock feud except they weren’t using guitars (and not as good.) They started using guitars this weekend.
Zavala & Olimpico retaining the tag team championship would be shocking. There’s an obvious shift on Friday shows to the locals (again, only two CMLL DF guys sent) and plenty of tag teams wandering around to challenge if there were just champions here most often.
Those CMLL DF spots are instead going to old Guadalajara veterans. Pepe Aguayo (cousin of Perro Jr.) was a CMLL DF regular during the mid 90s and in this building during the late 90s/early 2000s, so they’re pulling in guys who’ve been working the Jalisco indies for the last 14 years. If Makabre just wants about 5-10 more years, he’ll get to come back too. Pepe appears to be double booked that day: he’s listed on a show in Puerto Vallerta with Blue Demon Jr.
There was a Forastero in IWRG in the mid-2000s (he was Avisman II before they broke up); that’s the name the database is latching onto, but it’s likely a different guy. I can’t find anyone in Jalisco using that name regularly, but people in other places.
Finally! This match was unofficially scheduled for 01/24, but Misterioso went to Los Angeles for wrestling shows instead. (I can identify!) Hopefully Maya & Delta will win, because I can not imagine a world where Comando Boricua are winners.
Semimain is about 1.5 wrestlers from being really interesting.
IWRG (SUN) 03/01/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Mini Cobra & Mini Multifacetico vs Demon Rock & Espectrito
2) Black Fury, Dragón Celestial, Miss Gaviota vs Electro Boy, Hijo del Alebrije, Kamilión
3) Liderk, Rayan, Spector vs Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno
4) Chicano, Relámpago, Súper Nova vs Canis Lupus, Eterno, Tony Rivera
5) Golden Magic vs Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, Hijo De Dos Caras, Pirata Morgan Jr., Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [La Rebelión de Los Juniors]
Super Nova won this match of second generation wrestlers (or wrestlers pretending to be second generation) last year, then went onto win the IWRG Juniors title. The winner of this year’s match faces Nova on 03/15.
Second match is a rematch. Demon Rock is from Puebla, same as the other IWRG minis.
Why does CMLL have two Light Heavyweight championships again? (They actually have three.) Angel de Oro’s title seems to be the lesser important one for sure, with defenses against Okumura and Gran Guerrero. Disturbio should be in line next, we’d get it on video that way.
The previous NWA Light Heavyweight Champion was Diamante Azul, who hasn’t been seen since November. He was believed to go to France to visit his wife. The story I heard is his wife isn’t planning on moving to Mexico. That’s got to be a tough relationship, and I wonder if Azul just decided to stay in France. It’s unclear what exactly is going on here and, as we saw with Mistico, vacating a title does not mean you won’t be gone (just as winning a title doesn’t meant you’re staying.) Maybe we’ll learn more by the time CMLL Informa airs, so we’ll table the full Azul obit for another time, but he’s not really been missed the last three months and wouldn’t be missed if he was gone for good.
The finalists are likely to be two of Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero and La Sombra, though Rey Bucanero might have a chance given his current role. Maybe you can even extend to Valiente & Panther. Sombra is the current NWA middleweight champion and him having both titles is probably an issue when it comes to Universal tournament, but that’s still more than half a year away. Atlantis previous held this title four about 4 years, Ultimo Guerrero has never won it.
This card was so low on star power, even the usual Guadalajara locals weren’t on it. I dunno.
CMLL (SAT) 02/21/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Pequeño Olímpico b Angelito
2) Disturbio b Magnus
3) Nitro b Sensei
4) Okumura b Hombre Bala Jr.
5) Sangre Azteca b Starman
6) Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado b Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. Boricuas asked for a title shot again, and this time the tag champions agreed.
7) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Máximo b Kráneo, Olímpico, Vangellys
Main event was the three heaviest CMLL champions – heavyweight, light heavyweight, and middleweight – as a winning trio, the only tecnicos to win on the night.
Of the top three matches, two end with unknown tall people getting involved and the other ends with no finish.
CMLL (SUN) 02/22/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Molotov b Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Canelo Casas, Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca b Flyer, Pegasso, Star Jr.
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Goya Kong b La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis Zeuxis hurt her ankle (on her moonsault to the floor). It was later determined to be fractured – she’ll have surgery immediately.
4) Pólvora b Stuka Jr. [lightning] Polvora Driver for the win in under five minutes.
5) Felino, Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas b Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., La Sombra Angel de Oro became a new dad earlier in the day. He lost here to Gran Guerrero, who challenged him to a title match. Angel de Oro accepted.
6) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. b Ephesto, Euforia, Mephisto Ephesto replaced Ultimo Guerrero on Monday. Misitco return to action after being missing on Friday. Volador beat Mephisto for the win.
Alexis mentioned on Twitter that Zeuxis’ injury did not look severe until they took her for x-rays. Zeuxis, who works as a paramedic and is training to become a physical therapist in her other life, probably has a better idea of how long it’ll take to come back from this than most: she says he’ll be out of action four months. No idea what will happen with her title; they’ve been consistently inconsistently with those. This might cause bigger chances in the women’s division – Zeuxis was being pushed because they needed another ruda and she was the best who wasn’t being used, and now they need someone else.
CMLL’s Homenaje a Dos Leyendas will air in Cinepolis movie theatres. There were ads on display for this show on Friday night’s show and there’s a graphic out, but no more details yet.
Vamper (SAT) 03/14/2015Gimnasio Olímpico Juan de la Barrera, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Goya Kong, Paloma Rouse, Yuca La Potranquita vs Casandra, Star Fire, Zeuxis
2) Eterno & Hijo de LA Park vs Hijo de Mascara Sagrada & Súper Nova
3) Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata, Brazo de Platino vs Espectro Jr., Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Satánico
4) Heavy Metal, Máscara Sagrada, Rayman vs Gran Alebrije, Histeria II, Psicosis II
5) Negro Casas vs Fuerza Guerrera
6) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Canek & LA Park
I dismissed Fuerza’s idea of a rematch with Negro Casas in Juan de la Barrera as wishful thinking, but now it looks like he knew this show was happening when he said it. Listed as being taped on TV, which is not actually the same as airing on TV. That’s a typical 80s/90s top 4 matches – Rayman’s too young to be in that crew.
CMLL (FRI) 02/20/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Cancerbero & Raziel b Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr.
2) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Tritón b Ephesto, Hechicero, Okumura
3) Euforia & Negro Casas b Mephisto and Ripper and Kamaitachi and Rey Bucanero and Bárbaro Cavernario and Misterioso Jr. [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
4) La Máscara & Mephisto b Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi [natl pi, 8f] Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi could not work together and lost.
5) Guerrero Maya Jr. & Ripper b Delta & Misterioso Jr. [natl pi, 8f] Ripper’s first match here in six months (said to be on a tour of the US.) He was supposed to team with Mistico, but Guerrero Maya Jr. replaced him with no explaination.
6) Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. b Bárbaro Cavernario & Titán [natl pi, 8f] Bucanero & Volador did not get along at all but still won.
7) La Sombra & Negro Casas b Euforia & Valiente [natl pi, 8f]
8) La Máscara & Mephisto b Guerrero Maya Jr. & Ripper [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. vs La Sombra & Negro Casas [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. b La Máscara & Mephisto [natl pi, semifinal] Bucanero & Volador won despite Bucanero giving Volador a piledriver near the end of the match.
11) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo DQ Terrible, Thunder, Último Guerrero Terrible fouled Maximo.
The Volador/Bucanero stuff is eye rolling, but the Mistico disappearing act is the actual news. Not a word about him or what happened. He’s listed on next week’s card, but that may be wishful thinking if he out via injury (which seems to be the most likely reason.)
Remember when Blue Demon Jr. missed last year’s Rey de Reyes, and it was explained in the Observer that Demon had to stay in the US for six months to establish residency. (And then Demon came back much sooner than six months and the story never made a lot of sense, but that’s not my point.) Ripper has been gone for six months, and said to be in the US during that time. I dunno, but it stuck out to me.
CMLL (FRI) 02/27/2015Arena México
1) Leono & Molotov vs Hijo del Signo & Metálico
2) Blue Panther Jr., Dragon Lee, The Panther vs Kamaitachi, Puma, Tiger
3) Atlantis & Último Guerrero vs Rush & Shocker and Marco Corleone & Thunder and Máximo & Terrible and Ángel de Oro & Hechicero and Dragón Rojo Jr. & Niebla Roja and Blue Panther & Felino and Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
4) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
5) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
6) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
7) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
8) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, semifinal]
11) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
Gran Guerrero handles the video promo, will be losing in the first round. Terrible and Maximo are the obvious favorites, but it wouldn’t he a shock for Ultimo & Atlantis or Rush & Shocker to make it instead.
Segunda looks like an awesome match which has absolutely no chance of making TV. (There’s no Tuesday lightning match this week, it’d be nice if that went up on YouTube instead.)