CMLL 12/25 Infierno en el Ring show will be another iPPV. The Cleeng site lists it as for $10. This is the 12 person cage match show starting at 5pm. We don’t know what else will be on the show, and it’s possible CMLL doesn’t announce the full lineup until the week before show. This is probably live only; the shows haven’t been available on VOD.
The 01/01 Thunder versus Ultimo Guerrero mask vs hair match would’ve been my guess for an iPPV show of the two shows. Maybe it still will be, CMLL might not be able to advertise two shows at once.
(As always: I’m not posting the iPPV at least until it’s scheduled to air on TV, and maybe even later than that.)
Just after I posted yesterday, El Rey officially announced the Lucha Underground Season 2 premiere date was 01/27. That’s one week later than I thought yesterday, but it fits the pattern of that date moving around. El Rey’s press release on the season two start date also mentioned they’d air five hours of Lucha Underground every Wednesday. That’s what they were doing before the hiatus, and makes me think El Rey knew Lucha Underground was coming back in january but wasn’t exactly sure which week, so they just started blocking all the Wednesdays off to be safe. The network will also run a marathon of all season 1 episodes on the weekend before the premiere, running Saturday 01/23 10AM ET to Monday 01/24 2AM. That’s something I was begging for them to do at the end of this season and is good to see them doing next week.
A poster on reddit noticed El Rey’s website “Watch Now” page now has VOD options for the other El Rey shows and a “coming soon” under Lucha Underground. The El Rey website is spare and static; it’s a little newsworthy they updated anything. I don’t think it actually means they’re any closer than they’ve been any time over the last 15 months. If something was happening or close to happening, it would’ve been in that same Season 2 press release. Maybe it’ll just be announced at some unexpected point of time like the season 2 renewal, but it doesn’t feel like we’re that much closer.
AAA has an interview with Fenix talking about his feud with Mesias. These bits don’t do much for me, but it’s now reassuring to be reminded AAA exists when we’re back to no next TV taping.
NJPW announced Mascara Dorada will defend the CMLL Welterweight Championship against BUSHI on 12/19. That’s a 3:30 AM Saturday show in the Central Time Zone, about four and half hours after the CMLL show wraps up that night.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Apolo Valdes says AAA had a bad year but is not in crisis.
CMLL (MON) 12/14/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis, Magia Blanca, Rey Samuray vs Apocalipsis, Cholo, Fuerza Chicana
2) Espíritu Maligno & Lestat vs Disturbio & Policeman
3) La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Marcela vs Amapola, Dalys, Reyna Isis
4) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stigma vs Canelo Casas, Okumura, Skándalo
5) La Máscara, Máximo Sexy, Rush vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
Slightly better card? Maybe I’m just hyped for tecnico Espiritu Maligno?
The fourth match is the third straight week for that trios match for some reason. It doesn’t feel like they’re setting up a match anywhere in there. I’d be willing to believe it was listed there by mistake, because five trios matches and a three fall singles match is unusual for Puebla.
Magia Blanca works the opener for the third time in a row. This would be Cholo’s first TV appearance since July; the changes in the streaming days and C3 going away has caused him to vanish, but he’s also only working once every two weeks right now.
CMLL (TUE) 12/15/2015 Arena México
1) Bengala & Leono vs Artillero & Cholo
2) Flyer, Robin, Starman vs Akuma, Arkángel de la Muerte, Canelo Casas
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Stigma, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Puma, Skándalo, Tiger
4) Blue Panther Jr. vs Okumura [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
6) Mistico, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Bucanero, Vangellys
Main event continues the road to Titan/Dragon Rojo. May be important that Titan is heading to Japan and Dragon Rojo is not.
CMLL (TUE) 12/15/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) León Blanco & Omar Brunetti vs Relampago & Rey Trueno
2) Magnus, Sensei, Soberano Jr. vs Camorra, Inquisidor, Maléfico
3) Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, Silueta vs Amapola, La Seductora, Zeuxis
4) La Máscara, Máximo Sexy, Valiente vs Boby Z, Felino, Hechicero
5) Marco Corleone, Super Porky, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
I can’t think of anything to write about this show. There’s a lot of the same kind of tecnicos in the top two matches.
Lucha Memes (FRI) 12/25/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Negro Navarro vs Virus
2) Black Terry & El Dandy vs Trauma I & Trauma II
3) Keira vs Marcela © [CMLL WOMEN]
Marcela’s 3rd defense.
4) Negro Casas vs Dr. Cerebro
5) Arez, Belial, Impulso vs Decnnis, Toscano, Zumbido
6) Freelance, Mike Segura, Septimo Rayo, Supermega vs Alas de Acero, Aramis, Demasiado, Iron Kid
7) Atlantis vs Caifan
Full card for this show, and it’s definitely full. There’s maybe more here than Lucha Memes needs – if you’re Casas/Cerbero and Atlantis/Caifan will both be good, but feel like an overlap – but maybe Christmas is going to be busy enough that you do all you can just to make sure people show up.
We do know CMLL is running at 5pm on this day, which means this show (starting a half hour later) is kind of running in competition – and Casas, Virus, and Atlantis are presumably not part of Infierno en el Ring show. I’d pay $10 for this on iPPV too.
Edit: Nah, Atlantis, Casas and Marcela are working Infierno and then coming to Naucalpan.
UWE (FRI) 12/25/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Palacio Maya & Prehispanic vs Alas De Oro & Ninja Olimpus
2) Freelance & Spider Boy vs Coco Negro Jr. & Ironía
3) Ángel Del Amor, Mike Segura, Yakuza vs Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael
4) ?, Flamita, Súper Nova vs Dr. Cerebro, Sádico, Toscano
5) LA Park, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Aeroboy, Pagano, Violento Jack
Another Christmas show, as they load up. Toscano and Dr. Cerbero should be able to make both shows; this is an 8 pm start time, Lucah Memes is 5:30.