Good thing they protected Olimpico from losing clean. (Both radio shows were very high on the match, I shouldn’t be so cynical.)
Demonio Maya is Occidente middleweight champion, so that’s probably a title program.
IWRG (SUN) 03/01/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Mini Cobra & Mini Multifacetico b Demon Rock & Espectrito
2) Electro Boy, Hijo del Alebrije, Kamilión b Black Fury, Dragón Celestial, Miss Gaviota Black Fury turned on her partners.
3) Liderk, Rayan, Spector b Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno
4) Chicano, Relámpago, Súper Nova b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Tony Rivera money thrown in
5) Hijo De Dos Caras b Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, Pirata Morgan Jr., Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [La Rebelión de Los Juniors,battle royal] Elimination order: Pirata Morgan, Apolo Estrada Jr., Golden Magic, Universo 2000 Jr., Danny Casas, leaving Hijo de Dos and Mascara once again. Dos prevailed over the Dinamita to win, and will face Super Nova on 03/15.
That date suggests Super Nova is not on Rey de Reyes, but plans can change. Would be cool if this finish meant Hijo de Dos would move onto face anyone else, but likely not.
Rush returns to Arena Puebla tonight, the first time back after breaking his leg there back in November. Rush teams with La Mascara & La Sombra vs Cavernario, Shocker and Negro Casas.
AAA TV (FRI) 04/03/2015 Deportivo Colon, Xalapa, Veracruz
1) Gotita de Plata, Niño Hamburguesa, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Belial, Carta Brava Jr., El Apache
2) Australian Suicide & Súper Nova vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Súper Fly
3) Bengala & Drago vs Daga & Joe Lider
4) Fénix & Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma & Pentagón Jr.
5) Aerostar, Blue Demon Jr., La Parka vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
6) El Patrón Alberto & Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr.
Air Date: ??? let’s say 04/11 & 04/18 but it could shift a couple weeks later.
Main event is a possible TripleMania teaser. Texano/Alberto (title) and Myzteziz/Perro (mask/hair) seem like the best guesses for big TripleMania matches at the moment.
Everything else generally stays in place. Hell Brothers continue to feud with Parka & Demon. Aerostar being in the semifinal is a change, and at least teases the possibility he wins Rey de Reyes. It seems more likely than if he was still in the segunda facing Super Fly. Fenix continues to feud with Fantasma. There appeared to be a Bengala title tag title challenge program at one point, that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, but he keeps fighting the Perros. Opening two matches look good but don’t continue anything. It’s now odd every time Pirata doesn’t team with his new partners.
For a show after Rey de Reyes, this doesn’t tell us much about Rey de Reyes. Tomorrow!
It’s good to be part of a new trio that CMLL’s high on for no particular reason. Misterioso & Sagrado being champions opens it up for other tecnicos to get title shots – Hombre Bala & Super Halcon are over due to be in competition for something.
LLB (SAT) 02/28/2015Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring, R de Rudo, Tercera Caida] 1) Bracito de Oro & Bracito De Plata b Mini Multifacetico & Super Pinochito Mini Multifacetico replaced Mr. Aguilita. 2) Halcón 2000, Kid Jaguar, Shadow b Fantasma De La Opera II, Super Panda, Tyson La Bestia Super Panda replaced Ojo de Halcon 3) Dinamic Black, Mike Segura, Pantera I b Chucho el Roto, Terry 2000, Yakuza very good match. Terry 2000 replaced Euro. 4) Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Perico b Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera, Guerrero del Bronx Leon Rojo replaced Ovett, Guerrero del Bronx replaced Carta Brava Jr. I 5) Nicho el Millionario DRAW Pagano [death] ended in a draw, with Nicho being stretchered away. Fantasma de la Opera (as matchmaker?) announced there’d be a rematch. Pagano wants a hair match. 6) LA Park & Shocker b Mr. Águila & Mr. Niebla As usual with LA Park matches, the referee got into the action. This time, referee Teddy got the pin, lost his shirt, and was wearing body paint. Niebla and Park feuded.
Show is supposed to air on AYM at some point.
Niebla is going to do fine booking wise an opponent and will actually freshen up the Wagner/Park matches. Nicho appeared to suffer a right knee injury off a spot gone wrong. The rematch was surely planned before he got hurt. Hope he’s OK, but that kind of match is not going to leave anyone OK. Nicho is Randy the Ram.
AAA SACCOMATS (SAT) 02/28/2015Arena Neza [@manrayk]
1) Atomic Boy & Gotita de Plata b El Apache & Hijo de Pirata Morgan Pirata replaced Fresero Jr.
2) Mary Apache & Mini Abismo Negro b La Hechicera & Octagoncito La Hechicera replaced Cinthia Moreno
3) Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria b Ludxor & Venum
4) Blue Demon Jr., El Elegido, La Parka b Hijo del Fantasma, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Zorro Just like Naucalpan, Zorro & Elegido were added to the match.
5) El Mesías & El Patrón Alberto b Electroshock & Texano Jr.
Said to be another strong crowd for the last of three straight shows. No AAA news today. No AAA news Monday. Tuesday….
It was weird watching this show play out on Twitter and reading how the show ends. It’s a challengers determination match, so it’s clear it’s going to end with two people fighting but unable to get to a decision. That’s always going to be a flat finish, every time they do it. This time, they compounded by having the match end with two other people not even pinning each other, just getting themselves disqualified, so Sombra and Rey Bucanero get a title match by virtue of standing on the apron when everyone else is gone. That’s about as anticlimatic as it gets. It never made much sense to end the show with that match, and not an actual title match, and that arrangement seemed even sillier given that finish. The recap does explain thing a little more, emphasizing La Mascara and Rush showing up (and I guess Vangellys went to grab late dinner?) so maybe it felt like something happened. It still doesn’t make much sense.
Hopefully this feud is only for this title. Ingobernables moving on from Peste Negra to feud with TRT sounds not so fun. They need to feud with tecnicos already, something that seems obvious to everyone but the people who are putting these matches together.
Mr. Jack beat Rey Hechicero to keep the IWL Heavyweight Championship tonight. That’s a real match. I have no idea what happened to Shu el Guerrero – he’s still on Twitter, just not on the Leyendas Inmoratles shows. My thinking is if you can book Hechicero, you make Hechicero champion, but Leyendas Inmortales is not the only group missing on that. Today’s Leyenda Inmoratles show heavily promoted the upcoming Vamper Revolution show at Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera (the one with Fuerza Guerrera vs Negro Casas rematch), so perhaps it’ll air on that TV show.
Noches de Coliseo remains in reruns. Shrug. If you’re recording it, I’d stop recording it until you hear different.
CMLL (FRI) 03/06/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro vs El Piraña
2) El Alteño & Explosivo vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
3) El Tapatío, Índigo, Javier Cruz Jr. vs El Chakal, Furia Roja, Infierno
4) El Divino, Magnum, Pepe Aguayo vs Demonio Maya, Jocker, Sádico
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Omar Brunetti vs Maléfico, Mr. Trueno, Ráfaga
No CMLL DF wrestlers. All locals. Strange, but probably cheap. Not sure it’s going to work if the same guys main eventing here are working the first couple matches on Tuesdays, but I’m not sure this is about working.
CMLL (SAT) 03/07/2015Arena Coliseo
1) Magnus vs Inquisidor
2) Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16
3) Oro Jr. vs Canelo Casas
4) Star Jr. vs Disturbio
5) Stigma vs Okumura
6) Dragon Lee & Fuego vs Boby Zavala & Luciferno
7) Ángel de Oro, Super Porky, Titán vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Euforia, Terrible
Thinking they’re setting up Titan/Cavernario again as a troll move.
CMLL (SUN) 03/08/2015Arena México
1) Fantasy & Stukita vs Pequeño Violencia & Pierrothito Pequeno Violencia’s first match since July (knee injury)
2) Flyer, Oro Jr., Soberano Jr. vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
3) Dark Angel, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany Silueta’s first match here since September.
4) Dragon Lee, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Hechicero, Pierroth, Virus
5) Ángel de Oro, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
6) La Sombra vs Rey Bucanero [NWA LH] match for vacant title (Diamante Azul on long term hiatus). Sombra currently holds the NWA Middleweight Championship. Bucanero was the previous champion.
Smart money is on Bucanero, given how he was left beat up to end the show, he’s main eventing the next big show and Sombra already has a belt. Bucanero had two title matches in two years when he was last champ and Azul barely defended more often that. This was an important belt at one point, but is currently as useless as it gets. So exciting!
I have no idea what Pierroth is doing in that match and neither does CMLL. I’d be so excited for that match if they swapped him and Super Comando, though Flyer, Oro and Soberano may not be down with that concept.
Histeria & Psicosis working a lot of indy promotions probably indicates how well CMLL is paying nowadays.
Gresham is an US indy east coast mat wrestler who’s in the wrong promotion but that’s as good a chance to have a good match as he’s going to have (and it’ll stick out comparted to the rest of the show.)
Tag champs are in the fifth match but I don’t think the tag titles on the line. Poster is smaller than usual.
AAA TV (FRI) 02/27/2015Auditorio General José María Arteaga, Querétaro, Querétaro [AAA]
1) Gotita de Plata, Ludxor, Venum b Carta Brava Jr., Mamba, Pegasus Debut of Pegasus (from AULL). Ludxor & Venum gave him the double Spanish Fly for the win. Mamba attacked Pegasus for losing but the tecnicos saved him.
2) Daga & Súper Fly b Argenis & Australian Suicide Daga submitted Argenis as Super Fly superbombed Suicide.
3) Texano Jr. b Murder Clown, Machine Rocker, Bengala [Rey de Reyes, semifinal] Texano Jr. beat Machine Rocker, Bengala and Murder Clown in that order. Texano Jr. joins Aerostar, Mesias and the winner from Ecatepec in the final
4) Drago & Súper Nova b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Joe Lider Super Nova was Drago’s surprise partner. Tecnicos beat Lider. Recap notes Nova & Drago were a great team.
5) Angélico, Jack Evans, La Parka b Averno, Chessman, Cibernético Earlier in the show, the Hell Brothers appeared to announce they were officially united with La Sociedad. Chessman also issued an open challenge for his Latin American title, calling out Demon specifically. La Parka surprised Chessman with a small package. Daga and Joe Lider in and helped put Parka thru a table post match.
6) Brian Cage, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. b El Patrón Alberto, Fénix, Myzteziz Cage beat Alberto with a moonsault. Alberto said he’d have his revenge.
Air Date: 03/07 & 03/14
The Rey de Reyes announced card so far, for a show that’s two weeks away.
Fenix vs Hijo del Fantasma (c) for the AAA Cruiserweight Championship
Aerostar vs Mesias vs Psycho Clown vs Texano Jr. in the 2015 Rey de Reyes final
…that’s pretty much it. One taping to go, but they’ve got a press conference on Tuesday so it’d fit to announce the lineup then.
We don’t really know much more for certain for Rey de Reyes, which really surprises me. The build to this show has not been great. AAA’s had one match set up by a rudo just making an open challenge (and may have another), there’s another match set up because it’s the tournament they run every year, and those are the only two matches that are official. If they do Cage/Alberto, and that still seems to be in ‘if’ territory, at least the rudo got a win to set it up. There are definitely matches that could be put together based on the current storylines, and AAA could release a card Tuesday that completely fits with what they’ve been doing, but the build up to that card hasn’t been particularly focused. There was a moment where it appeared to AAA was going to be doing no TV leading up to Rey de Reyes, which would’ve seemed to make a hard sell for that show. They ended up doing quite a bit of it, but the build is not all that much stronger.
The idea of the main event was Mr. Jack and Shu el Guerrero now hate each other so much that Mr. Jack would team with Canek, but that doesn’t quite work if Shu doesn’t show. The ring had a big advertisement for Rock & Road Music Group, a music booking company.
CMLL (FRI) 02/27/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Leono & Molotov b Hijo del Signo & Metálico
2) Blue Panther Jr., Dragon Lee, The Panther b Kamaitachi, Puma, Tiger Tecnicos took 1/3, the first by DQ and the last with Dragon Lee beating Kamaitachi.
3) Ángel de Oro & Atlantis b Rush, Marco Corleone, Máximo, Stuka Jr., Dragón Rojo Jr., Blue Panther [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
4) Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. b Blue Panther & Felino [natl pi, 8f]
5) Máximo & Terrible b Dragón Rojo Jr. & Niebla Roja [natl pi, 8f]
6) Rush & Shocker b Marco Corleone & Thunder [natl pi, 8f]
7) Atlantis & Último Guerrero b Ángel de Oro & Hechicero [natl pi, 8f]
8) Máximo & Terrible b Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) Atlantis & Último Guerrero b Rush & Shocker [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) Máximo & Terrible b Atlantis & Último Guerrero [natl pi, semifinal]
11) Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero b Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. Terrible distracted Tirantes and Bucanero fouled Volador for the win.
Tournament went the way everyone thought it would.
Tonight’s CMLL Coliseo show has Guerrero Maya & Delta vs Misterioso & Sagrado for the Arena Coliseo Tag Team championship. All the champions have kept their belts on these Saturday shows and this seems like it’ll go the same way. El Grafico interviews Guerrero Maya Jr., who says Hechicero & Barbaro Cavernario have been their toughest challenge so far.
AAA has another big house show today in Arena Neza. Scheduled main event is Alberto & Mesias vs Electroshock & Texano Jr.
CMLL (FRI) 03/06/2015Arena México
1) Robin & Sensei vs Canelo Casas & Metálico
2) Flyer, Hombre Bala Jr., Tritón vs Boby Zavala, Sangre Azteca, Virus
3) Delta, Dragon Lee, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
4) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Felino, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Negro Casas, Thunder, Último Guerrero
6) Rey Bucanero & Volador Jr. vs Máximo & Terrible [natl pi]
Original Ingobernables are back together in Arena Mexico. Almost as heartwarming, Rey Escorpion and Polvora are back together. Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi should not be as far down in the third match unless CMLL’s setting up another H2L in the matches above them.
AAA (THU) 02/26/2015Arena Naucalpan [Tercera Caida]
1) Ludxor & Venum b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Kronoz Debut of Kronoz, who’s been hanging out with Electroshock & Hijo del Pirata in vignettes since the start of the year.
2) Argenis, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito b Carta Brava Jr., Daga, Mini Psycho Clown
3) Australian Suicide & Faby Apache b Dark Scoria & Taya Valkyrie Hijo del Tirantes helped the rudos during the match, but Suicide still beat Escoria
4) Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr., Zorro b Drago, El Elegido, Jack Evans Elegido & Zorro replaced Fenix & Fantasma.
5) Blue Demon Jr., El Patrón Alberto, Fénix b Chessman, Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr. Alberto’s first match in this building since September 2007 (when he also teamed with Demon!) Fenix and Fantasma added to this match. Tecnicos took 2/3, Alberto beating Texano to win.
AAA has a taping tonight in Queretaro, which should be pretty busy. Most of the Rey de Reyes lineup is still very unclear, they’ll obviously need to have a card if they’re holding a press conference on Tuesday, so a lot of matches has to go sorted out tonight. The main event is Brian Cage’s debut in the promotion, opposite Alberto. TV has strongly teased Cage challenging for Alberto’s mega-championship, and tonight’s show should indicate how quickly they’re getting to that match. The full main event is Alberto, Fenix, and Myzteziz vs Cage, Fantasma and Pentagon Jr., which should also continue the Fenix/Fantasma rivalry.
Fenix/Fantasma is one of two matches we actually know for Rey de Reyes. The Rey de Reyes final is the only other match announced for Rey de Reyes, and that’s Texano and Three Other People. Bengala is good, Machine Rocker is good, Murder Clown is also in this match, and none of them appear to have a chance in this match. There’s a lack of drama in the outcome but this could turn out to be a pretty good match if they get Murder Clown out of the way early.
A bigger mystery for this show is in the fourth match, where the odd pair of Hijo del Pirata & Joe Lider take on Drago and a surprise luchador. The only rumor for the surprise has been Flamita, who worked a dark match here last year and has been recruited by the promotion to come in full time. Flamita was said to be returning to Dragon Gate next month, but has yet to be announced for any shows. (That may not mean anything : Flamita left Dragon Gate as a surprise so would figure to return as a surprise.) The show also includes a couple of promising matches to open the card, and a Hell Brothers vs Jack/Angelico/Parka match.
CMLL’s already announced the big matches for their March major show, and now are just attempting to make people to care about them. That effort makes Maximo & Terrible the favorite to win the second block of the Incredible Pairs tournament, to set up a final against fellow H2L main eventers Rey Bucanero & Volador. None of those matches sound good or actually sound like something that would make people more interested in the feud, but it is how CMLL usually sets up things. Rush returns to action for the first time since November, but may only wrestle for about 3 minutes today depending on his team with Shocker goes. They do have a change to advance if they can keep it together, as do Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero, but this field has a majority of Gran Guerrero & Stuka Jr. team where it’d be a surprise if they made it out of one round.
The actual main event has the Sky Team versus Ephesto, Mephisto and Rey Bucanero, which should be a showcase for the new tecnico champions. Dragon Lee and Kamaitaichi are in a great looking segunda which has absolutely no chance of airing on TV. CMLL’s packages on El Faraon have been well done, but it’d be nice to see them build up the main event matches on the show as strongly, and tonight’s trios match alone should give them enough to for a long highlight package.
The main event for this show was originally listed as a cage match where the loser would lose hair or mask, but the poster doesn’t specifically say that. The poster also says the fourth match is for the tag team titles neither team holds, so the poster may just be wrong.
It better not actually be a cage, but I dunno how Nino Hamburguesa is getting out. Five Match Fighters in the second match should be killer again, though it’d be even better if they moved Machine Rocker and Venum into it for Seven Match Fighters.
After a long wait, Rey Misterio Jr. has been released from his WWE contract. There’s no release on their website, but WWE’s responded to questions by simply saying Rey Misterio is not part of the company any longer. The US promotion announced the parting of ways. Misterio is expected to announce appearances with other promotions immediately, and may have already done so by the time you read this. Rey originally expected to leave WWE in 2014 and had already started to make future plans. He’ll finally be able to act on them now.
Those plans obviously include AAA and Lucha Underground. Deals with those promotions may not be formerly announced for some time, but have at least been informally agreed upon. Lucha Underground did not announce their deal with Alberto el Patron until the moment he appeared in their ring at least in part due to the surprise factor. That may be repeated here, but Rey was intended to be part of that promotion from the start and now will get to be. AAA formerly introduced Myzteziz and Alberto at press conferences to promote events last year. AAA’s believed to have already scheduled a 03/03 press conference to talk about Rey de Reyes (as mentioned in the iPPV announcement) and that would make sense as an reintroduction point for Rey Jr. The Rey de Reyes slogan being “Un Rey se acerca” (A Rey is coming) is an obvious allusion.
Rey’s not expected to wrestle much, if at all. There’s surely some health concerns, but he’s a big enough name where he can command a great fee just for showing up and signing some autographs so he’s probably going to stick to that.. It’s not of the question that Rey may wrestle at a TripleMania, but they’re very likely to be Special Appearance type matches, not singles matches going for MOTY.
This helps Lucha Underground get another recognizable face (well, mask) to both El Rey management and sponsors. (It also probably raises the costs of running the show.) Rey’s story of leaving WWE is harder to drill down to simple sentence than Alberto, but he’s even more well known. Rey’s going to go thru the same whirlwind of demand.
It’s unclear at this point if there is any sort of no-compete included in the contract. It may not be a big obstacle if there is one; Lucha Underground is so far ahead that even a “three month” TV no-compete would still allow him to be on the next set of tapings. Those clauses usually aren’t/can’t be enforced out of the country, so it would have no effect on his AAA appearances.
Rey actually was seen as part of last year’s TripleMania, in a video airing only live (never on TV, but “accidentally” shown briefly on PPV) teasing a return to the company soon. Rey also was inducted into AAA’s Hall of Fame in 2007, but AAA was required by WWE to edit him out of the TV broadcast of the ceremony. (A few clips have snuck thru over the years.) As best I can tell, Rey’s last AAA TV would’ve been on the 08/30/1996 Juan de la Barrera show. His next AAA TV appearance may be in the same building.
The date of Rey leaving WWE had been agreed to for months, sometime after Rey’s last meeting with WWE officials in Buffalo. That date was supposed 02/27 (a late Friday release to bury the news), with the idea that Rey’s side was not allowed to tell leak it out or WWE would go back on their deal. Bizarrely, it appears it was WWE who leaked the news a day early by moving Rey to the Alumni section of their roster. There were a lot of little leaks coming out so WWE might have just decided to be done with it. I’m not sure if this is the last we’ll hear about the parting of the ways – there are not good feelings on either side and more is going to come out about it – but hopefully the early announcement means everyone can just move on quicker.
AAA TV (FRI) 03/06/2015 Gimanasio Olimpico Juan de la Barrera
1) Argenis, Dinastía, Niño Hamburguesa vs Carta Brava Jr., Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Mini Psycho Clown
2) Drago & Faby Apache vs Dark Cuervo & Taya Valkyrie
3) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans vs Daga, Joe Lider, Súper Fly
4) Blue Demon Jr., El Mesías, La Parka vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
5) Fénix, Myzteziz, Psycho Clown vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr.
Air Date: 03/28 – looks like only 1 week with the opener being an internet/UTDN exclusive.
Today starts a very active and newsworthy eight day stretch for Rey de Reyes. This’ll be the last day of that stretch, and it’s kind of just a show. It’s a very ordinary lineup for a return to Mexico City. The main event focus will still be on the Perro/Myzteziz issue and could be a very good match, but there’s nothing that stick out as a sure great match or a big turning point in an issue.
Semimain keeps the Demon/Hell Brother feud alive. It’s basically the same match that aired on TV this week with Mesias in Jack’s place. (That wasn’t a strong TV match.)
The Angelico, Suicide and Jack team is reunited, and are at least one rudo short of having a good match. This again is a good moment to see what Joe Lider is up to, and may play into whatever tag title match is or is not happening at Rey de Reyes. This is a sort of a lame duck card – we’ll know the Rey de Reyes card before this show takes place – but so little is obviously going on that it doesn’t even give away what’s happening in Guadalajara.
Cuervo remembered he had issues with Faby Apache last time we saw him in 2014, so maybe they’ll continue that.
Opener does not feature any random indy guys, kind of disappointing. It’s peculiar that AAA is putting TV time into Hijo del Pirata vignettes and still only use him in the opener.
CMLL (TUE) 02/24/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Índigo & Sensei b Apocalipsis & Sádico
2) Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito b Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito Pierroth submitted Astral
3) Blue Panther, Stuka Jr., Super Porky b Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado Tecnicos took 1/3
4) Ángel de Oro, Atlantis, Mistico DQ Ephesto, Felino, Mephisto Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Felino fouled Angel de Oro.
5) Rey Bucanero b La Sombra Bucanero took 2/3. Sombra knocked into the ref, fouled Bucanero, went to pin him, Bucanero pulled Sombra’s mask and cradled him for the win.
I thought Bucanero should win if they’re showing H2L in Guadalajara. They are – the full list mentions it’s airing in Cinepolis Tlaquepaque. I do not see Chicago on that list.
Would so much rather see Astral vs Pierrothito than Angel de Oro vs Felino.
AAA starts a big weekend of shows tonight in Naucalpan. The shows in Naucalpan and Neza (on Saturday) are not TV tapings, but they’ve been given equivalent attention to those on AAA’s TV show. The three shows are built around Alberto el Patron’s first major Mexico appearances since Guerra de Titanes. Tonight, he teams with Blue Demon against Chessman & Texano in the main event. The opener appears to be the debut of Kronoz, the mystery man who’s been hanging out with Electoshock & Hijo del Pirata on recent TV shows.
CMLL Informa had the usual bit of interviews yesterday. They briefly touched on the Diamante Azul situation, saying he was very busy in Europe and had gone too long without defending the title so they had to take it away. That explanation falls apart in every way (he’s not busy wresting for sure, CMLL’s had champions go years without defenses, and they’re not exactly taking away Mascara Dorada’s title for not coming back to Mexico to defend the title) but at least it was an explanation. It did not seem like they expect Azul back any time soon – it’s seemed like the Terra situation where CMLL would be open to working with him again but don’t expect to do shows with him right now.
Discussion of Lucha Underground spoiler led some of to believe a certain character may be getting renamed as Dragon Azteca, one of the names which were copyrighted by Lucha Underground recently. That line of thought looks to be wrong – at least according to Drago, there is a Dragon Azteca: and he’s the mystery guy from the end of this week’s show!
SuperLuchas has an AAA teaser – “renew or die“. Apolo of MedioTiempo mentioned getting something similar earlier this week. This seems to be linked to the earlier rumors of AAA undergoing a major change in it’s TV presentation starting around Rey de Reyes, though no one exactly knew what that meant then or now. (It was also part of a plan to not run TV tapings until that change, which obviously hasn’t happened.) Confusingly, just as these teasers roll out, the WON mentioned these Big Change plans may be pushed back since AAA’s drawing well, and how well they do in Queretaro this weekend may be a determining factor. It doesn’t quite make sense – the changes were said to be all about Televisa having problems with the TV product and good turn outs at shows weren’t the problem. (Also, anyone could’ve figured out they would’ve drawn well in Naucalpan, Toluca and Ecatepec because they always do – those are the easy ones.)
Related or not: Apolo notes, in a preview of March, Rey de Reyes slogan is “Un Rey se acerca” – a king is coming.
The SuperLuchas look back at February 25, 1973 includes a lot of shows and one funeral, but it also mentions the police checking fans as they entered the building for a show in Torreon. The police found 40 bottles fans tried to sneak in, 25 knifes and 3 pistols. Just a normal show. There’s also a report on a AAA vs CMLL head to head battle on a past February 26.