taped 2014-08-05 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for category news
AAA on Televisa: 2014-08-16
Angélico vs Hijo del Fantasma, Australian Suicide, Fénix, Bengala, Jack Evans, Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr., Daga ©, Bengala for the AAA World Cruiserweight Championship: [GREAT]
Psycho Clown vs Texano Jr., hair/mask: [GREAT]
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-08-16
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-08-16
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-08-16
AAA on Televisa: 2014-08-16
Matches To Watch Later
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-08-16
taped 2014-08-13 @ Arena Naucalpan
Golden Magic © vs Canis Lupus for the IWRG Intercontinental Welterweight Championship:
Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Metaleon vs Ironía, Spider Boy, Yakuza [captains hair]
The focus of tonight’s Arena Mexico card is on next week’s semimain. La Mascara & Rush team with Diamante Azul to face Shocker and Negro Casas (tag team champs) along with Mr. Niebla to set up next week’s title match. Cavernario and Cometa meet in the tercera. Atlantis is not booked this week, while Ultimo Guerrero is in action in the semimain.
Well wishes for CMLL’s anniversary show include Tanahashi picking Atlantis to win (near the end)
Rob has highlights of this year’s Verano de Escandalo
Starfire lost to Io Shirai in her second Stardom 5GP match.
Atlantis says he always knew they’d have the mask match this year after last year’s near miss.
There’s a new (small) El Santo statue in Mexico CIty
La Parka met a giant 11 year old.
IWRG (SUN) 09/14/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Omega vs Anubis Black & Araña de Plata
2) El Divo & Silver Star vs Freyser & Hip Hop Man
3) Dr. Cerebro, Kenshi Kabuki, Relámpago vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Hijo De Dos Caras, Súper Nova, Veneno vs Demon Clown, Eterno, Oficial AK47
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr. vs Canis Lupus, Trauma I, Trauma II
Rudos contra rudos in the main event.
This might be the last post before I leave for Mexico. (Except for the 15 I just wrote up.) Again, I’ll do my best to record and upload anything, but no promises – less promises than usual, anyway.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: Part 1 of Pachuca. Myzteziz/Perro probably deserves a week of hype, so maybe Super Fly/Aerostar this week?
== CMLL ==
FOX2: Ingobernables versus Peste Negra, Rey Cometa versus Cavernario
52MX: Atlantis, Valeinte, Volador vs Euforia, Rey Escorpion, Ultimo Guerrero
Claro: Diamante Azul, Mascara Dorada, Valiente vs Euforia, Ephesto, Mephisto
C3: Super Porky, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Next in line is the Electrico/Espiritu Maligno title match
Lucha Azteca: CMLL Universal final airs this week.
Terra Sunday: Diamante Azul vs Euforia
== Other ==
Noches de Coliseo: probably reruns
IWRG (LAS/AYM): Diva Salvaje, Relampago, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Eterno, Oficial Ak47
IWRG (WED) 09/10/2014 Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Galaxy COR Matrix Jr.
Matrix was hurt and strechered out.
2) Alfa & Omega b Atomic Star & Capitán Muerte
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Dragón Celestial, El Divo b Guerrero Mixtico Jr., Hip Hop Man, Picudo Jr.
Apolo Estrada replaced Silver Star (and “El Divino” was Monterrey’s El Divo.) Guerrero Mixtico Jr. and Picudo replaced Rayan and Spartan.
4) Chucho el Roto, Ironía, Yakuza b Alan Extreme, Imposible, Miss Gaviota
Miss Gaviota & Alan Extreme replaced Kenshi Kabuki & Metaleon. Team AULL wins again.
5) Diva Salvaje, Relámpago, Veneno b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Oficial AK47 [lumberjack strap]
luchadors in the match got annoyed with being strapped so much by the lumberjacks, so they stole the strap and attacked the lumberjacks. Tecnicos beat the rudos in the ensuing chaos.
A show! A show with a lot of replacements.
Taya posted her schedule for the next month or so on Facebook (screen captured here). She’s working the 10/10 Tlahuelilpan taping, and also the 10/12 Heroes Inmortales show in San Luis Potosi. That’s the first I’ve seen of a date/location for Heroes Inmortales, but it was expected AAA would start talking about it this weekend on TV. There’s nothing apparent for the show: they’ve got Cancun, a mystery taping and Tlahuelilpan left prior to it, but I’d bet on another random tournament.
Arkalis talks about his upcoming Puebla debut. He mentioned being trained by Massenger Z, Malayo, Centella de Oro, and more recently Skayde and Black Tiger.
The LLF Extreme show featured good matches and a TLC match which ended in a double pin draw somehow.
Maki Narumiya, who recently traded back and forth the REINA International Junior title with Silueta, and Makoto announced they’d be coming to CMLL on 10/12. They’ll be around for a couple of weeks.
The Wrestling Observer, who’s take on the Lucha Underground project makes me look sunny and optimistic, found out the names some of the various characters. Ricky Reyes will be Cortez Castro, Lil Cholo will be Cisco and Esekiel Jackson is using Big Ryck. The evil management figure’s name remains unknown, with the best guess is he’s an actor they brought in (and can be assumed not to be wrestling if that’s the case.) It also mention some deal was worked out to allow Ricochet to continue working Evolve shows. (It’s unmentioned if it extends to Japan.) It had a different more specific version of the end of the second episode: Chavo Guerrero Jr. runs off non-Mesias, lays out Demon, lays out referee one, lays out referee two, lays out B-Boy, lays out Famous B, lays out Sexy Star, goes back to beat up Demon and then sits in a chair and laughs as the show apparently ends. That does seem the right moment to laugh.
PWInsider says Matt Striker and Ivelisse Velez, who both appeared on the first set of Lucha Underground tapings, did sign contracts and are pulling out of conflicting indy dates. They also mention Brian Kendrick was offered a deal but turned it down. The WON is under the impression that everyone else who rumors but who didn’t show up just did not sign a deal. Meltzer is harsh on this point, pointing how much money was spent on the set and how much it costs to tape one episode a night (instead of two or three and doing less dates) and yet apparently were cheap when it came to spending on talent.
Pentagon, Drago and Fenix’s happy messages on Twitter confirm what I’ve heard elsewhere, that they’ll actually get to wrestle this week. The one (largely unintentionally) advantage of doing only one taping a night is there’s only two weeks where those guys do not appear, not a month or two. I’d still mess around with the airing to make sure their are two actual luchadors doing lucha libre on the main event of the first show of something Lucha Underground.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida really liked the Virus/Dragon Lee lightning match.
CMLL (TUE) 09/09/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Flyer & Star Jr. b Akuma & Espanto Jr.
2) Cachorro, Starman, Súper Halcón Jr. b Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Nitro
Starman replaced Hombre Bala Jr.
3) La Comandante, Tiffany, Zeuxis b La Vaquerita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit
Zeuxis replaced Seductora.
4) Sagrado DQ Fuego [lightning]
Sagrado pulled Fuego’s mask for the DQ.
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, La Sombra b Boby Zavala, Hombre sin Nombre, Vangellys
La Sombra replaced Dragon Rojo (injury) on Monday. Tecnicos took 1/3.
6) Stuka Jr., Super Porky, Valiente b Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Tecnicos took 1/3, Valiente beating Mephisto.
Looks like Mephisto/Valiente may be back on, but they have to set it up for a few weeks again (for whatever reason.) Also looks very odd Sombra wasn’t put in the main event and Stuka or Porky put down.
CMLL (TUE) 09/09/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Infierno & Ráfaga b Metatrón & Virgo
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Astral, Bam Bam, Último Dragoncito b Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito
Pequeno Nitro replaced Olimpico. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Dragon Lee b Virus, Olímpico, Smaker, Esfinge, Raziel, Omar Brunetti, Arkángel de la Muerte, Sky Kid, Cancerbero [cibernetico]
GDL vs DF. Eliminator order went (vaguely): Sky Kid, Arkangel, Omar, Raziel, Esfinge, Olimpico and Smaker got each other DQed and Dragon Lee defeated Virus to win. (No idea when Cancerbero went.)
4) Kamaitachi & Okumura b Gallo & Tritón
Rudos took 1/3.
5) Atlantis, Rush, Titán b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 2/3, Atlantis sneaking off UG’s mask to beat him for the win.
Might as well pull UG’s mask while you still can!
CMLL preview of the Anniversary card says the Rey Cometa and Cavernario feud will finally come to an end. It just started, as far as they were concerned (but the idea here is they were feuding around the anniversary show in Guadalajara, also not reported on.) Also, all the blame for the ever shifting Puebla tag team tournament is put on Rush for challenging the tag team titles – although that doesn’t actually explain why Rush just can’t get multiple tag team title shots.
Segunda Caida writes about Villano IV vs Chessman.
The CMLL minis are promoting their free all minis show this Saturday.
A preview of the 09/16 ChilangaMask show in Arena Queretaro. Tickets go on sale for that one today and the promotion says they’ll be running Monterrey in upcoming months.
Arena Queretaro says AAA’s coming there on 10/15. It’s not clear if it’s a taping.
The full poster for the 09/28 ColiseoMania show includes Mascara Purprua and Big Neurosis added to matches.
DTU announced it’s next set of shows will be 09/26 in Tulancingo, 09/27 in San Miguel Cerezo, Hidalgo and 09/28 in Poza Rica, Veracruz
Segunda Caida watches Atlantis, Rush, Titán vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Demo reel for a CMLL Guadalajara show for OchoTV
Luchadors from AAA, CMLL and the indies were brought together to talk about lucha libre and music.
Lucha libre commission news: a promotion accuses the one in Tijuana of corruption, another news report notes there isn’t a sanctioned one in Queretaro.
Joe Lider says it was just a matter of time before he stopped dancing and changed sides.
The Gladiatores interviews Alberto el Patron about returning to Mexico and racism.
CMLL (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena México
1) Robin & Sensei vs Cholo & Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Oro Jr., Starman, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Canelo Casas, Raziel
3) La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Silueta vs Dalys, La Comandante, La Seductora
4) Pegasso vs Virus [lightning]
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón vs Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre, Rey Bucanero
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán, Valiente vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
That main event is not going to work unless Dragon Rojo recovers fast. Brazo de Plata is the biggest name tecnico who’s not booked anywhere yet, so probably here.
CMLL (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante, El Divino, Índigo vs Artillero, Disturbio, Súper Comando
2) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Maléfico, Ráfaga, Skándalo
3) Boby Zavala & Olímpico © vs Sky Kid & Smaker [OCCIDENTE TAG]
4) Diamante Azul, Dragon Lee, La Sombra vs Cavernario, Hechicero, Negro Casas
5) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
billed as their final match before the hair match
Ah, the tag title defense. Should’ve guessed that. That semimain could be really good. The main event, probably not.
That’s 3 CMLL shows on one day. For fun (????), I figured out who’s working where. Who’s not working at all: Acero, Aéreo, Akuma, Ángel de Oro, Angelito, Apocalipsis, Arkángel de la Muerte, Astral, Bam Bam, Bengala, Brazo de Plata, Camorra, Demus 3:16, El Rebelde, Electrico, Esfinge, Espanto Jr., Espiritu Negro, Fantasy, Felino, Flyer, Fresbee, Gallo, Goya Kong, Hijo del Signo, Hombre Bala Jr., Inquisidor, Kamaitachi, Kráneo, Leono, Magnus, Marcela, Mercurio, Metálico, Metatrón, Molotov, Morphosis, Mr. Águila, Mr. Niebla, Nitro, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito, Pólvora, Princesa Sugheit, Psicosis, Puma, Ramstein, Shigeo Okumura, Shockercito, Skadi, Soberano Jr., Star Jr., Stukita, Súper Halcón Jr., Tiffany, Tiger, Último Dragoncito, and Zayco.
- Lucha Underground started taping. There was a lot going on here. There was drama around the contracts given out; in the end, some of the rumored wrestlers either didn’t sign or just didn’t appear on the first two tapings. It was not a great weekend for luchadors: Drago, Fenix and Pentagon Jr. all missed the first two set of tapings due to visa problems, and Blue Demon was said to hurt his knee in a match with Chavo Guerrero. Mesias, as a surprise, did appear under a mask. With everyone else out, Demon, Chavo, Prince Puma (Ricochet) and Johnny Mundo (John Morrison) were the biggest stars on the first set of tapings. Fans who attended the shows were told they would have to sign non disclosure agreements; every match leaked out right after the taping anyway, and it was unclear how many people there were actually fans. (There were claims of the crowd being filled with “extras”, a producer said there were no “seat fillers.”) That’s generally the way you can sum up up the weekend: if you were there (and especially if you were involved with the production), you came away really happy with the main events on both shows and happy with the possibilities. If you were just reading the results on the internet, it came off as another doomed project in the mode of WSX or Lucha Libre USA and far away from the AAA invasion of the US it was billed to be. Tapings resume this weekend, with the Mexicans on the show this week.
- CMLL announced the full 09/19 anniversary card. The surprises included a Cavernario versus Rey Cometa hair match, which is a feud that’s been happening on the live shows but had not been shown on TV or publicized by CMLL in any other fashion (but is still happening to draw extra people to the show somehow.) It should be a great match, anyway. The other big news was the absence of Sombra, who defeated Volador for his mask last year. There’s no sign of injury (like Dragon Rojo) or not being available (like Dark Angel) to keep La Sombra off. In fact, it looked like CMLL was planning on putting Sombra in a trios title match as recently as last week, then shuffled around the card for whatever reason. Everyone in the potential trios title match still made on the card except Sombra. There’s probably something more to this but no one’s saying (and Sombra’s just RT-ed fan complaints about him being left, saying nothing on his own.) CMLL announced a press conference to talk about the card, then canceled it a day later because they may be shuffling it around again. CMLL announced the show would air on TV Azteca, then announced the deal was not done yet. Terra (not CMLL) announced the show would air on their website. No one’s retracted that one yet.
- Alberto el Patron will make his AAA in ring debut in Cancun this weekend. Alberto told the media his lawyers found the WWE non-compete contract unconstitutional, and he’ll be wrestling right away. Alberto did not appear on the Lucha Underground tapings, but it does appear he’s taking US indy bookings soon (and at high prices.)
- Ultimo Guerrero beat La Sombra to win the Universal championship. This was the expected outcome after the mask match was announced. Maybe more importantly, Ultimo Guerrero matches continue to be on autopilot.
- The first Myzteziz/Perro match in six years ended with a foul. They’ve picked right up where they left. This time, evil referee Rafael el Maya DQed Myzteziz for a supposed foul on Perro. The other singles match on AAA’s taping in Pachuca saw Super Fly also get DQed for purposefully fouling rival Aerostar. Joe Lider turned rudo on the tapings, joining Perros del Mal.
- Thunder returned to CMLL, turning rudo. Super Libre said he’s been training with Satanico, who had his work cut out for him. Thunder was gifted a spot on the Anniversary show over dozens of more deserving people for no obvious reason.
- AAA and phone company NYXMobile announced a deal for AAA branded phones. They go on sale this weekend.
- Astral won the CMLL minis championship, ending Pequeno Olimpico’s four year (and mostly quiet) title reign.
- Marco & Rush won Block A of a tag team title shot tournament in Puebla, which then became a tournament for a trophy instead. They’ll face Block B winners Terrible & Rey Escorpion this Tuesday.
- Dragon Rojo announced he’ll be out indefinitely due to a knee injury.
- Alan Xtreme lost his hair in Naucalpan after the Neza Boys won via nefarious means.
- Malefico took Exterminador’s hair in Guadalajara.
- Hijo de Dos Caras kept the IWRG Heavyweight title in Naucalpan over Demon Clown. Demon Clown early won a strange ladder match earlier in the week
Terrible wins multiple matches, Dragon Rojo out of action, CMLL Anniversary show non-press conference
CMLL (MON) 09/08/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque , Periodico Enfoque (Photos)]
1) Meyer, Paris, Tigre Rojo b Ares, Centauro de Fuego, Siki Ozama Jr.
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis b Dark Angel, Estrellita, Lluvia
Rudas took 2/3, Zeuxis using the ropes to beat Esterllita.
3) La Máscara, Super Porky, Valiente, Volador Jr. b Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero and Atlantis & Stuka Jr. and Kráneo & Morphosis and Ángel de Oro & La Sombra and Rey Escorpión & Terrible and Pólvora & Tiger[seeding battle royal, Copa 81st Anniversary]
4) Atlantis & Stuka Jr. DQ Pólvora & Tiger [Copa 81st Anniversary, eightfinal]
5) Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero b Ángel de Oro & La Sombra [Copa 81st Anniversary, eightfinal]
Angel de Oro replaced Dragon Rojo (injury)
6) Rey Escorpión & Terrible b Kráneo & Morphosis [Copa 81st Anniversary, eightfinal]
7) Valiente & Volador Jr. b La Máscara & Super Porky [Copa 81st Anniversary, eightfinal]
8) Atlantis & Stuka Jr. DQ Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero [Copa 81st Anniversary, quarterfinal]
9) Rey Escorpión & Terrible b Valiente & Volador Jr. [Copa 81st Anniversary, quarterfinal]
10) Rey Escorpión & Terrible b Atlantis & Stuka Jr. [Copa 81st Anniversary, semifinal]
Terrible won three matches in one day! That’s normally like a month for him. Meanwhile, Atlantis & Stuka advanced to the semifinal without actually winning a match on their own. Tournaments.
CMLL announced a press conference would happen today to talk about the Anniversary card, then canceled it yesterday afternoon. This seems like typical CMLL behavior, the same as happened with the TV Azteca deal, but I’m told there’s more to it – CMLL is considering running a significant angle and/or adding a match because Anniversary ticket sales have been softer than expected. People suggested a seventh match would be added to get Sombra on the card and they may end up being right (though I don’t know if it involves Sombra.) I have no idea what exactly is going on, except it would happen Friday night if it’s happening at all. I don’t even know how likely it is, only that it was enough to postpone the press conference for the moment.
Dragon Rojo announced on Twitter yesterday that his persistent knee injury will keep him out of action. La Sombra replaces Dragon Rojo today, and Mascara Dorada does the same on Friday. Fuego’s added to the card to take Dorada’s spot on Friday.
Also, for no obvious reason, Marco and Volador swap places on Sunday. That puts Marco in the main event (w/Rush & Atlantis vs Shocker, Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero) and Volador in the fourth (w/La Mascara & Titan versus Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys.) It’s possible CMLL could have another title match main event on 09/21 and maybe changed their mind on which one they’re doing.
Today’s Arena Mexico show is now main evented by Super Porky, Valiente, and Stuka Jr. vs Mephisto, Terrible and Rey Bucanero Jr., so maybe they’ll set up Valiente or Stuka versus Mephisto for the holiday show. Guadalajara has Atlantis, Rush, and Titan versus Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, and Euforia. The big match there might come from the Mexico/DF cibernetico, which includes Dragon Lee and Virus on opposite teams.
LuchaWorld has this week’s Poster-Mania.
Astral is #1 on the CMLL top 10 list. Euforia is 10th.
Culto Santanico beat Los Piratas in San Luis Potosi.
Corsario de Fuego won the NWA Mexican Welterweight Championship from Skayde, who might have it again by the next time it’s mentioned.
Lucha Libre In Japan
09/09 Dragon Gate: Flamtia (c) b Kzy [OPEN THE BRAVE GATE] – fifth defense, Flamita keeps the title even though he was headed home after this match. That’s pretty unusual (and great) for a Mexican in a Japanese promotion. Gif of the finish here. He was challenged by K-ness for a title match when he returns.
CMLL (TUE) 09/16/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis, Meyer, Paris vs Guerrero Espacial, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr.
2) Dark Angel & Estrellita vs Amapola & Zeuxis
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Shocker, Vangellys
5) Marco Corleone & Rush vs Rey Escorpión & Terrible
Tuesday night show due to Independence day holiday.
Zeuxis/Estrellita is happening again.
The main event isn’t even listed as for a Copa now. I suppose they’d have to get a trophy if it was for one.
Arkalis, the latest name to come up on Puebla’s rotating list of novatos, has been turning up on indy shows since April and appears to be a Centella de Oro trainee.
Noches de Coliseo was all a repeat again. IWRG is airing at the weirdest times.
Puebla files came out really small, so I must’ve scre wed up things. (Except the lightning match, which I got from another airing that had a couple of dropouts.)
Since TripleMania has aired on TV and is already available for free on AAA’s site, I’ve included a copy of the SkyPPV. It does drop off a little bit at times but it’s there if you can’t get to the AAA channel for whatever reason.
Reminder: I’m in Mexico next Tuesday and just getting back the following one. I’ll post what I have when I get a chance, but I’m thinking it’ll probably just be on YouTube for the time being.
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7T5GqPbXzj7lr8u3YOl6deh
09/06 GALLI: http://ul.to/towreazh – I noticed this was airing! I don’t know if anyone’s going to click this link.
09/07 La Lucah se le hace: http://ul.to/wcogbhw1
AAA TripleMania XXII: 2014-08-17
taped 2014-08-17 @ Arena Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
Intro/Alberto del Rio
1) Aerostar, Jennifer Blake, Mascarita Sagrada, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star, Súper Fly
2) Angélico vs Hijo del Fantasma, Australian Suicide, Fénix, Bengala, Jack Evans, Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr., Daga ©, Bengala for the AAA World Cruiserweight Championship
El Brazo HOF induction
3) Faby Apache © vs Taya Valkyrie in a AAA’s Reina de Reinas Tournament match
Rayo de Jalisco HOF induction
4) Blue Demon Jr. vs El Mesías, Electroshock, Averno, La Parka, Chessman in a cage match
5) Psycho Clown vs Texano Jr. hair vs mask
6) Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Cibernético, Dr. Wagner Jr. [Copa TripleMania XXII]
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-09-05
taped 2014-09-03 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Omega vs Insólito I & Insólito II
2) Diva Salvaje, Kenshi Kabuki, Relámpago vs Canis Lupus, Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-09-06
taped 2014-08-26 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Astral, Meteoro, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
2) La Máscara & Máscara Dorada vs Ephesto & Mephisto
3) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Rey Escorpión, Último Guerrero
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-09-06
taped 2014-09-02 @ Arena México
1) Fantasy, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
Dark Angel vignette
2) Lluvia, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Dalys, La Seductora
3) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Tritón vs Boby Zavala, Misterioso Jr., Tiger
4) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Titán vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Shocker
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-09-06
taped 2014-08-29 @ Arena México
1) Máscara Dorada, Rey Cometa, Valiente vs Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
Mid Show Intro
2) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rush vs Negro Casas, Niebla Roja, Rey Escorpión
3) La Sombra vs Último Guerrero for the CMLL Universal Championship
Lucha Azteca (CMLL): 2014-09-06
taped 2014-08-22 @ Arena México
1) Último Guerrero vs Mr. Niebla for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a eightfinal match
2) Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Virus for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a eightfinal match
3) Diamante Azul (CMLL) vs Niebla Roja for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a eightfinal match
4) Volador Jr. vs Titán (CMLL) for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a eightfinal match
5) Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr. for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a tournament quarterfinal match
6) Volador Jr. vs Diamante Azul (CMLL) for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a tournament quarterfinal match
7) Volador Jr. vs Último Guerrero for the CMLL Universal Championship and in a tournament semifinal match
CMLL on Terra: 2014-09-07
taped 2014-09-07 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Magnus & Soberano Jr. vs Apocalipsis & Inquisidor
2) Black Panther, Sensei, Starman vs Cancerbero, Nitro, Raziel
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón vs Okumura, Skándalo, Virus
4) Pequeño Olímpico © vs Astral for the CMLL World Mini Estrellas Championship
5) Blue Panther, Super Porky, Titán vs Kráneo, Pólvora, Shocker
6) Diamante Azul, Máscara Dorada, Valiente vs Ephesto, Euforia, Mephisto
CMLL Puebla: 2014-09-07
taped 2014-08-11 @ Arena Puebla
1) Molotov, Paris, Star Jr. vs Rey Apocalipsis, Siki Ozama Jr., Toro Bill Jr.
2) Eléctrico vs Espíritu Maligno in a lightning match
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Máximo, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Pólvora, Rey Escorpión, Shocker
5) La Sombra vs Último Guerrero
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-09-08
taped 2014-09-07 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota, Saruman vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
2) Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic, Kenshi Kabuki vs Canis Lupus, Trauma I, Trauma II
3) Máscara Sagrada, Pantera, Toscano vs Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr.
4) Hijo De Dos Caras © vs Demon Clown for the IWRG Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
IWRG (SUN) 09/07/2014 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Dragón Celestial & Metaleon b Araña de Plata & Hip Hop Man
2) Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo b Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota, Saruman
Saruman, last seen failing at juggling, had his first match here since Christmas. He lost but looked good (as did Avisman.)
3) Canis Lupus, Trauma I, Trauma II b Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic, Kenshi Kabuki
Rudos took 2/3, Truama II submitting Golden Magic.
4) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr. b Máscara Sagrada, Pantera, Toscano
Primos Dinamitas took 1/3 clean. Universo’s debut here.
5) Hijo De Dos Caras © b Demon Clown [IWRG IC HEAVY]
Straight falls. Dos reversed a suplex into a small package to take the first. Cien Caras Jr., Demon’s second, accidentally hit the challenger with a senton in the second to set up the loss. Demon was upset with Cien but Cien ignored him and challenged Dos for a title match. First defense for Hijo de Dos.
People close to Lucha Underground expect the visa issues with Drago, Fenix and Pentagon will be cleared up by this weekend and they’ll be on those tapings. As expected, there are elements of the show which were not done in front of the live audience (said to be more Latino for show 2.) Maybe not as expected is that some of that will be filming in Mexico; they’re supposed to do some vignettes with some of the characters there late this week.
Film festival Beyond Fest will be giving away tickets to Lucha Underground. All tickets are giveaways, this is more about getting word about the shows to bigger/more audiences.
There will be a press conference for the CMLL Anniversary show on Tuesday around noon. Maybe Sombra should stop by, see if he can change someone’s mind.
Today’s CMLL show was supposed to be the second half of the tag team title tournament. There’s still a tag team tournament, but it’s no longer for the titles: just a random Copa instead. I’d expect they’ll just go with whoever was supposed to face Rush & Marco before the change (no sense in changing), so there’s a chance Terrible might actually beat people tonight.
Myzteziz told a reported in Puebla that he was surpised he ended up in AAA; he thought he would end up back in CMLL, and thought the same would happen with Alberto. Myzteziz airs his usual complaints with the CMLL programmers and his respect for CMLL ownership. He also says it’s been a tough adjustment to go from WWE style (and CMLL prior) to AAA style.
Rob has highlights of 06/06/14 CMLL.
LuchaWorld had KrisZ’s news update.
Segunda Caida reviews El Hijo del Santo vs Blue Panther from 2004, a really great match.
Tigre Uno will be part of the CHIKARAs Rey de Voladors, appearing in at least on the 09/20 show (and also the 09/21 show if he wins.)
A story on Seattle’s Lucha Libre Volcanica.
IWRG (WED) 09/10/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxy vs Matrix Jr.
2) Alfa & Omega vs Atomic Star & Capitán Muerte
3) Dragón Celestial, El Divino, Silver Star vs Hip Hop Man, Rayan, Spartan
4) Imposible, Kenshi Kabuki, Metaleon vs Chucho el Roto, Ironía, Yakuza
5) Diva Salvaje, Relámpago, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Eterno, Oficial AK47 [lumberjack strap]
Random strap match, seems about right. Some weeks the Eterno/Kabuki feud is happening. Some weeks they’re just in different matches. I dunno.
I’m assuming that’s Silver Star from Monterrey, which is random but less random than another Silver Star existing. There has been a Divino in Monterrey so maybe that’s him.
CMLL (SUN) 09/14/2014 Arena México
1) Eléctrico & Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Olímpico & Pierrothito
2) Goya Kong, La Vaquerita, Silueta vs Dalys, La Seductora, Tiffany
3) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Stuka Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Virus
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
5) Diamante Azul © vs Euforia [NWA LH]
Diamante Azul is champion. Fifth defense.
6) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Shocker, Último Guerrero
Azul & Euforia don’t get a main event (not as big a match as Maximo and Shocker). I’d be really surprised of Azul lost.
CMLL (SUN) 09/14/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Dr. Frezeer vs El Yaqui
2) Idolo & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Évola & Thunder Boy
3) Sky Kid vs Rey Trueno
4) Brillante & Dragon Lee vs Demonio Maya & Sádico
5) Omar Brunetti & Rey Cometa vs Cavernario & Maléfico
6) La Sombra & Valiente vs Ephesto & Mephisto
Cometa/Cavernario here, which builds up their hair match nicely for an audience that’s probably only going to be able to see it on the internet (and on TV, by delay.) Demonio Maya/Brillante appears to be a new feud.