taped 2014-10-07 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for category news
AAA (THU) 12/18/2014 Gimnasio Olímpico Juan de la Barrera, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [AAA (1), AAA (2), AAA (3), AAA (4), AAA (5), AAA (SoundCloud)]
1) Jennifer Blake & La Jarochita b Cinthia Moreno & Sexy Lady
Jennifer beat Cinthia.
2) Dinastía, Mini Drago, Octagoncito b Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Histeria, Mini Murder Clown
3) Demon Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
4) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans b Joe Lider, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr.
Joe Lider replaced Silver King.
5) El Elegido, Electroshock, La Parka b Chessman, Cibernético, Daga
Zorro (knee – appeared to apologize for missing the show) was replaced by Daga (back from injury.)
A free sponsored show. Parka gave out gifts to end the night. Daga returning from his injury is a nice sign.
Sexy Star and Blue Demon weren’t there, because they were at the Univison Deportes awards. Blue Demon’s El Rey role is possibly his career best: he shows up to award shows as a famous, he’s treated as a ominous threat, but he almost never wrestles and he put over the lead rudo when he does. This exactly meets my level of Blue Demon interest.
CMLL’s main event tonight is Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Shocker versus Volador, Atlantis, and Maximo. Volador & Bucanero are feuding. CMLL already announced the Welterweight cibernetico for next week, and a Volador/Bucanero singles match would fit with that. The other possible TV matches are an Ingobernable vs Thunder/UG/Euforia trios and a Cavernario/Dragon Rojo lightning match. On Twitter, Sombra’s said this is his last match in DF for the year. Dark Angel’s said the same. The Mexican tradition is to return to your hometown (or the hometown of your parents) for the holiday season, so this weekend might be the last show of the year in DF for a few people.
CMLL also has a preview of Saturday’s show. Instead of the youth concept, they’re pushing it as a throw back to the lineups of the 1930s when Arena Coliseo was opened (“bring your bowler hat and moccasins if a male and your big hat and gloves if you’re a woman”) instead of the original concept. The preview notes Star Jr. & Sobreano Jr. are going with “El Principes del Ring” as a team name. There’s no TV deal announced with the Saturday’s show, but CMLL tapes lots of stuff they never end up using and I’d suspect this show will be another one of those things.
LuchaWorld has a recap of CMLL Informa.
Segunda Caida reviews Taichi, Terrible, Texano Jr. vs Blue Panther, Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza.
Electroshock has apparently been drinking for two months straight, but someone finally helps him out in this skit from AAA’s TV
The 12/20 Arena Olimpico Laguna main event has been changed around, with the guys booked on Arena Coliseo removed.
Hijo de Rey Misterio is in the Chicago area this weekend.
Voices of Wrestling also has a review of random lucha libre matches. Someone chooses to watch Demon Clown vs Hijo de Dos Caras.
Ultimo Guerrero talks about losing his mask, notes that he used to walk around anonymously but now people come up to him for photos and autographs all the time.
== AAA ==
Tuxtla Guiterrez part 1, which is who knows. Best of episodes could also slip in at any time; it’s hilariously possible for the Aerostar/Super Fly match not to air until the end of January, though there’s a chance another match of theirs could air this week.
== Lucha Underground ==
Off until January 7th.
== CMLL ==
FOX2: No video preview this week, but hopefully Valiente/Cavernario. Main is Ingobernables sv Shocker/Thunder/UG
Azteca: Infierno en el Ring, a bad cage match.
52MX: Volador vs Ultimo Guerrero. Not sure the point of doing the women’s cibernetico without airing it, so maybe it’ll bump out a higher positioned match.
Claro: A bleh card with Atlantis, Sombra, Marco vs Casas, Shocker, Thunder
C3: Deta/Maya vs Cavernario/Hechicero. It’s interesting to note the two shows which aren’t produced by CMLL (this and Puebla) will edit the shows to put a great important match last even if it didn’t take that place that way. It’s almost as if they have a better idea of what’s a draw (to a TV audience) than the people who run the shows.
TVC Deportes (Puebla): I’m not entirely sure this aired last week – entutele says it was pulled off the lineup at the last second – and the stream has still not returned so it’s no sure thing it’ll ever be back. (If anyone can record this show and send it to me, please let me know.) Ephesto, Mephisto, Shocker vs Atlantis, Dorada and Valiente is the main event.
Terra Sunday: Fuego vs Polvora in the lightning match, Delta, Maya, Pegasso vs Zavala, Puma, Tiger, and me trying to reverse engineer a hack again.
== IWRG ==
IWRG (LAS/AYM): Champions show? There’s an airing listed as 3AM tonight on AYM, with who knows what. Tape machines are running.
== Chart ==
|Air Time||Tape Date||Potential Lineup|
|CMLL on FOX SPORTS
MEX FS2: 12/20: 12-1p CT
|12/12 Mexico||Valiente vs Bárbaro Cavernario [lightning]
Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Terrible vs Atlantis, Máximo, Volador Jr.
La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone vs Shocker, Thunder, Último Guerrero
Televisa: 12/20: 3:30-5p CT
UTDN: 12/25: 7:30-9:00p CT
|11/30 Tuxtla||Australian Suicide & Ivelisse Vélez vs Dark Cuervo & Sexy Star
Aerostar vs Súper Fly
Joe Lider & Pentagón Jr. vs Fénix & Myzteziz
|Lucha Underground 1×9
El Rey: 01/07: 7-8p CT
Unimas: 01/10: 3-4p CT
|off until 01/07|
|CMLL on Azteca (US)
Azteca: 12/20 4-5p CT
|12/05 Mexico||La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Valiente vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Thunder
Felino vs Marco Corleone, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr., Terrible,
Shocker, Bárbaro Cavernario, Rey Bucanero, Máximo, Blue Panther [cage, hair]
|CMLL on 52MX
US 12/20: 9-10a CT
MEX 12/20: 8-9p CT
|12/09 GDL||Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Boby Zavala, Okumura, Vangellys
Máscara Dorada, Máximo, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Kráneo, Mephisto
Volador Jr. vs Último Guerrero
|CMLL on Claro Sports
MEX 12/20: 11a-12n CT
|12/14 Mexico||Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Pólvora [lightning]
Máscara Dorada, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Vangellys
Atlantis, La Sombra, Marco Corleone vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Thunder
|CMLL on Cadena3
12/20: 7-9p CT
|12/16 Mexico||Aéreo, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000
Soberano Jr., Star Jr., Starman vs Cholo, Metálico, Ramstein
Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. © vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Hechicero [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Rey Cometa, Super Porky, Valiente vs Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre, Mephisto
|CMLL on TVC Deportes (Puebla)
12/22: 4-6p ET
|11/10 Puebla||Blue Center & Espiritu Negro vs Bengala & Meyer
Pegasso, Star Jr., Starman vs Fuerza Chicana, King Jaguar, Toro Bill Jr.
Boby Zavala, Kamaitachi, Okumura vs Dragon Lee, Rey Cometa, Stigma
La Máscara, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Hechicero, Kráneo, Morphosis
Ephesto, Mephisto, Shocker vs Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Valiente
|CMLL on Terra
12/21: 5-7ish p CT
|12/14 Mexico||Molotov & Robin vs Akuma & Inquisidor
Hombre Bala Jr., Starman, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Hijo del Signo, Metálico, Nitro
Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Pegasso vs Boby Zavala, Puma, Tiger
Fuego vs Pólvora [lightning]
Blue Panther, Marco Corleone, Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre, Kráneo
Felino, Mr. Niebla, Thunder vs Máscara Dorada, Valiente, Volador Jr.
|IWRG on AYM Sports/LAS
AMY 12/20: 3-5p
LAS 12/21: 11-1a
AYM 12/22: 9-11p
All times unreliable
|12/17 IWRG||Galaxy & Sky Ángel vs Araña de Plata & Hip Hop Man
Imposible © vs Metaleón [IWRG IC Light]
Canis Lupus © vs Eterno [IWRG IC WELTER]
Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo © vs Chicano, Danny Casas, Hip Hop Man [EdM Trios]
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-10-18
taped 2014-10-14 @ Arena México
Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Boby Zavala, Hechicero, Rey Escorpión: blurb: [GOOD]
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-10-18
taped 2014-10-10 @ Arena México
Máximo vs Mephisto in a CMLL La Copa Junior tournament final match
Shows Watched But Nothing Worthwhile
AAA on Televisa: 2014-10-18
CMLL on Terra: 2014-10-19 – Diamante Azul vs Shocker was sooooo bad.
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-10-18
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL Puebla: 2014-10-19
taped 2014-09-22 @ Arena Puebla
Milenium & Rey Samuray vs Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr.:
Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Felino, Puma, Tiger:
1) Fenix won a ten man single fall match with a sit down piledriver on Prince Puma (10:47); Big Ryck, Drago, King Cuerno, Mariachi Loco, Mascarita Sagrada, Pentagon Jr., Son of Havoc and Super Fly were also in the match.
2) Mil Muertes won a 10 man battle royal
– Famous B (0:47, by Pimpienla Escarlata)
– Ricky Mandell (1:29, by the entire Crew)
– Pimpinela Escarlata (1:54, by Mil Muertes)
– Sexy Star (2:51, by Chavo Guerrero)
– Cortez Castro (4:21, by Johnny Mundo)
– Cisco (4:26, by Chavo Guerrero)
– Bael (4:37, by Mil Muertes)
– Chavo Guerrero (7:01, by Chavo Guerrero)
– Johnny Mundo (10:58, by Mil Muertes)
3) Mil Muertes beat Fenix (5:45, flatliner)
Mil Muertes earned the 20th and last spot in Aztec Warfare
Fenix will be the 1st enterant in Aztec Warfare
– Drago & Cuerno fought in their match, as did Sexy Star & Chavo. Everyone in the opener repeatedly stopped fighting to take out Big Ryck, who did not have his men with him for the first time.
– Konnan, furious over Puma losing the opener, declared he might drop Puma as a protege if he failed to take advantage of another big opportunity.
– Bael is a member of the Big Ryck/Castro/Cortez “Crew”.
– Dario Cueto was wearing sunglasses to hide a black eye from last week’s attack by Mundo. There were no other references to the attack or any retribution for it. Mundo, Puma and some of the Crew were bandaged from last week’s ladder match.
– The Mystery Woman was seen watching the first two matches, but no new information was shared about her.
– Another Cage vignette aired, though with a completely different tone. This week’s Cage vignette was a positive push the limits message more akin to Strong Man’s Twitter feed.
– Dario Cueto said he would debut the Aztec Warfare match on the 01/07 show and it would determine a champion. Dario Cueto shows off a new belt. It has an ordered set of entrances, and will have 20 people involved but nothing else was explained. The field was implied to be the same 20 as seen in these matches.
– Dario visited his caged ally, saying it wasn’t time to let him out yet. Dario was afraid his ally would destroy the belt if he touched it. Dario’s Key was implied to be the thing keeping the monster in the cage.
The opener was great and made it hard to follow everything else. It was a nothing but action match with a lot of that. There were parts which looked too much choreographed – everyone stopping fighting to take turns hitting Big Ryck was a bit much – but the crazy high spots were enough to make it work. This was a secret showcase match for Son of Havoc, who got to do more high spots in this match than in his four previous matches combined. Mascarita Sagrada also won the crowd over with his antics. Finishing sequence between Puma and Fenix went well and Konnan being angry after Puma lost big matches back to back weeks makes a lot of sense.
They really need to advance Mystery Woman’s story. Everyone else gets a little bit more to their story most every week, and they haven’t even given Mystery Woman a name yet.
The battle royal was a battle royal and went longer than I needed to see it. Bael was treated as a notable mystery last week but his presence was tossed out like we all already knew who he was. (It would’ve been tough to even know which guy was Bael if he didn’t happen to have gear with a a giant “B” on them.) They really needed at least 15 seconds of explanation. This was a WWE feeling match, both with Mundo doing his Royal Rumble elimination scares and the announcers dropping WWE names during the broadcast (William Regal, Fit Finley, HBK). I understand the idea is not to be afraid to mention other places but it felt like too much.
Fenix and Mil Muertes didn’t click as well as I’d hope. I don’t know if I was just not as interested after the battle royal. I don’t think the stips helped either – the little information we had about Aztec Warfare made it sound like the Royal Rumble (in another WWE-ish moment), and everyone knows the guy in the last spot of the Royal Rumble rarely wins the thing.
The ladder match show was actually taped after this one, so Dario and Puma were selling injuries they didn’t quite yet. This was also the least WWE-feeling bit, as guys actually visibly the damage from a ladder match the day after.
I don’t think Aztec Warfare will be exactly a Rumble. Lucha Underground always seems motivated to do something a little different. Maybe it’ll be weapons involved, maybe it’ll be other types of eliminations, but there surely will be a twist. And it might be the only match, since a 20 man elimination match. I wish we didn’t have to wait two weeks to see it.
- AAA ended their year by crowning El Patron Alberto as champion, ending the two year reign of Texano Jr. That match and Aerostar unmasking Super Fly were the biggest and best matches on the show, both delivering on the stories they’d told to that point to the crowd’s approval. The undercard was more of a preview for 2015: Pentagon Jr. & Joe Lider won the tag team titles to set up Myzteziz & Fenix as challengers, the women continue to have pull apart brawls, and an unexplained angle led to Cibernetico showing up about 3 minutes after his match ended. (His team did not win.) TripleMania was arguably the best AAA show of the year, but Guerra de Titanes was not far behind. AAA’s TV backlog means this won’t air until January, though it did air on PPV (but not iPPV.)
- CMLL did not run a Year End Show in 2013. CMLL ran a Year End Show in 2014, an Infierno en el Ring cage match. 2013 was better. Felino lost his hair to Rey Bucanero in a finish that was not surprising, not interesting, and not any good. CMLL’s year end shows have been notoriously poor in recent years (the last good one was in 2009), but this was still bad by any standard. Bucanero was immediately thrust into a feud with Volador Jr., who could mean in an unimpressive match in 2015.
- Octagon, who earlier said he quit AAA to go his own way, is now claiming he was unfairly fired by AAA and is suing for back pay. Octagon is not suing for his own name, saying he owns it and AAA tried to take it away from him. (AAA’s continued to make merchandise deals with an Octagon like figure on it, but have said they’re Octagoncito items.) Octagon has gone to every gossip show who will have him to talk about this the last couple of weeks, while AAA has said nothing.
- CMLL’s not done much on it’s Friday night shows, but has put together much better main events on it’s less attended Tuesday shows. Virus kept his lightweight title over Dragon Lee, and Guerrero Maya & Delta kept their tag team titles over Cavernario & Hechicero. Both are reported to be great matches, but it’s unclear why these matches are happening on Tuesday while CMLL’s bigger shows are not good. (It’s totally unclear why CMLL does anything.)
- Lucha Underground continued to produce very good shows to a small audience. They’re taping in January, though they’re also not announcing the tape dates until January.
- El Patron Alberto added ROH matches to the wide array of promotions he’ll be working for in 2014. There are reports he’s been contacted by Bellator as well. Alberto’s said to have not actually signed with Lucha Underground yet, but is still expected to be there in January.
- CMLL announced they’d run shows of young wrestlers and trainees on Saturdays in Arena Coliseo. CMLL announced the debut show, which had the same people CMLL books on pretty much every show. No explanation.
- CMLL moved their Sunday Guadalajara shows to Fridays. They did not announce this – the cards were just listed as Friday suddenly, with people who were actually already booked in Arena Mexico. CMLL then threw together an unimpressive card with people actually available to work a Friday card (the move was appeared to be a surprise to the people who book these shows) but actually did OK attendance because it was a holiday. There’s been no explanation of the move nor any particular promotion for it
- Ramstein & Cholo, masked rudos who’ve been stuck in the opening match forever, are now feuding with rising stars Star Jr. & Soberano Junior. CMLL’s held an apuesta match with opening match wrestlers in January the last few years, and these four may be this year’s finish.
- Marco Corleone was knocked silly when the top rope snapped and hit him hard in the back of the head. It looked bad, and ended his singles match with Terrible, but he was fine and wrestling again the next day.
- Syuri won CMLL’s Women’s Title from Marcela in Japan.
DTU (TUE) 12/16/2014 Arena Aficion [DTU (1), DTU (2), DTU (3), DTU (4), DTU (5), DTU (6)]
1) El Junior, El Nene, Kalibus b Concord, Concord Fly, Corazon Latino
2) Ángel o Demonio, Artikus, Rocky Lobo b Jimmy, Kevin, Ovett
Malkriads interfered to cost the Nerds the match.
3) Cíclope & Yuriko b Chica Ye-Ye & Violento Jack
Ciclope declared he’d win his title back in Arena Lopez Mateos
4) Aero Boy b Drastik Boy © [DTU AI]
5) Black Fire & Slayer Pack b Crazy Boy & Niño Hamburguesa [DTU NEXO, semifinal]
Fire & Pack advance to face Rocky Lobo & Jinzo in the tournament final on Saturday.
6) Colmillo Blanco L Miedo Extremo, Crazy King, Jorge El Intruso, Ursus, Dance Boy, Paranoiko, Hacker, Amo de la Noche, Talaxys, Príncipe Halcón, Siniestro [mask, hair, cage]
Principe Halcon took Colmillo Blanco’s hair after Ciclope interfered. Full list of participants unconfirmed.
Aeroboy’s first Alto Impacto title reign, and the third title change of the year (Jinzo->Septimo Dragon->Drastick Boy->Aeroboy) Tercera Caida has a lot of highlights of the DTU show and this should air there (though maybe it’ll take a week to catch up.)
I think Black Fire & Slayer Pack are winning the DTU NEXO tag team titles, and where else are you going to get DTU title match predictions.
CMLL (TUE) 12/16/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Sensei b Apocalipsis & El Rebelde
2) Aéreo, Fantasy, Shockercito b Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000
3) Soberano Jr., Star Jr., Starman DQ Cholo, Metálico, Ramstein
Cholo & Ramstein fouled Star Jr. & Soberano Jr and pulled their masks.
4) Blue Panther Jr. b Sangre Azteca [lightning]
Panther Jr. nudo lagunero in 6:34
5) Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. © b Bárbaro Cavernario & Hechicero [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Tecnicos took 1/3 to keep their titles. Third defense for Maya & Delta. They won clean, though the crowd favored the challengers and booed the result. Guerrero Maya Jr. still wants his super libre match with Hechicero.
6) Rey Cometa, Super Porky, Valiente b Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre, Mephisto
Tecnicos took 2/3.
All tecnico wins. Semimain sounds really good, as expected. It seems to take everyone two tries to win the titles and it would not be a surprise to see Cavernario & Hechicero get another shot come this spring. Meanwhile, Guerrero Maya is doing a wonderful job of building up a match in CMLL that only ChilangaMask will actually book.
Today’s Lucha Underground has pretty much everyone in action. There will be two 10 person matches, an elimination match and a battle royal, and Lucha Underground has just enough people to fill out those matches. (They appeared to be surprises on the show, but they’ve been advertising them all week so it doesn’t feel spoiler-ish.) Blue Demon is not back, but the guys who Mil Muertes obliterated do return. There’s a teaser up – it appears to be the elimination match even though there’s a battle royal graphic.
The Lucha Underground Twitter reminded people they’re off for the year after today’s show, then back for 31 shows. We knew that, but it never occurred me until now that means they’re running all the way to August 5th if things go right. The original schedule had them taking off the summer, but then it got nudged back a little bit and the holidays causing them a skip a couple episodes stretches it out more. The plan is to run 40 episodes a year, and they might have simply a 6-8 weeks before starting up again.
I totally missed this, but go watch this match from IWRG (should start around 6:40). Look way into the background, and then be surprised as AYM does some accidentally good camera work as Toscano starts to attack fans. Nothing seems to come of this.
If you share this photo of Omar Brunetti & Gallo on your Facebook wall by Thursday at noon, you can get free tickets to Sunday’s CMLL show. Not sure why they’re using GDL lucahdors for a Mexico City only contest (except “all luchadors are all luchadors”.) There were only 13 people who shared it when I checked today, so your odds are pretty good.
CMLL Informa should be today at 5. Haven’t seen a preview.
LuchaWorld has a recap of 12/06/2014 Lucha Azteca.
SegundaCaida reviews Héctor Garza, Máximo, Negro Casas vs Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
SuperLuchas has an interview with the Ojo de Halcons. Ojo de Halcon Sr. is Junior’s uncle.
SuperLuchas look back at events on past December 17s include an apuesta win for El Santo.
Pegasso replaces Rey Cometa on the Saturday debut show.
IWRG (SUN) 12/21/2014 Arena Naucalpan
***Arena Naucalpan 37th Anniversary***
1) Dragón Celestial & Metaleón vs Araña de Plata & Hip Hop Man
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo vs Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Electro Boy, Imposible
3) Emperador Azteca, Pantera I, Suicida vs Chicano, Eterno, Oficial 911
4) Black Terry & Negro Navarro vs Trauma I & Trauma II
5) Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs X-Fly, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000, Oficial AK47, Máscara Sagrada, Súper Nova, Canis Lupus [cage, hair, mask]
Oficial AK47 and x-Fly seem the favorites to lose, but Pirata Sr. or Mascara Sr. aren’t impossible. Just unlikely.
Terry/Navarro vs Traumas rematch.
CMLL (TUE) 12/23/2014 Arena México
1) Bengala & Robin vs Apocalipsis & Camorra
2) Leono, Magnus, Sensei vs Artillero, Canelo Casas, Súper Comando
3) Soberano Jr., Starman, Stigma vs Cholo, Nitro, Raziel
4) Marcela vs Zeuxis [lightning]
5) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Super Porky vs Morphosis, Olímpico, Tiger
6) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Felino, Kráneo, Terrible
Holiday vacations: semimain Morphosis & Olimpico. No Star Jr. or Ramstein in the tercera, but maybe they’ll pop up later.
CMLL (TUE) 12/23/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Reycko & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
2) Astral, Meteoro, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
3) Esfinge, Gallo, Tritón vs Hombre sin Nombre, Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Blue Panther Jr., The Panther, Titán vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Boby Zavala, Mr. Águila
5) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Valiente vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Thunder
Semimain might be good depending on which Mr. Aguila shows up.
CaraLuchas (THU) 12/25/2014 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) ? vs ??
2) Kilvan & Yoruba vs Arceus & Rayo Star and Alfa & Omega
3) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Metaleón vs Dinamic Black, Hijo de Clímax, Imposible
4) Andy Boy, Danger King, Guerrero Mixtico vs Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Trauma I
5) Súper Nova © vs Trauma II [UWA JLH]
6) Negro Navarro © vs Hechicero (CMLL) [FLLM MASTER]
The start of a deluge of the usual Christmas Day shows. (Don’t count on anything being taped because there’s a lot of places to be.) Main event should be great, semimain was at least interesting when they met in IWRG. Fourth match is listed as Neza Boys versus Gringos and I think Trauma I needs to wear the big USA flag top hat.
Skyman was supposed to be back in the segunda, but is still not able to return. Three months turned out to be a conservative estimate.
CMLL (MON) 12/15/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Ares, Centauro de Fuego, Guerrero Espacial b Black Tiger, Milenium, Toro Bill Jr.
Toro Bill Jr. replaced Lestat.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. b Espíritu Maligno, Fuerza Chicana, King Jaguar
Espiritu Maligno’s return since losing his hair.
3) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Stigma b Hechicero, Puma, Tiger
4) Gran Guerrero, Pólvora, Último Guerrero b Dragón Rojo Jr., Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr.
Polvora defeated Dragon Rojo and demanded a title match.
5) Negro Casas & Shocker © b La Máscara & Máximo [CMLL TAG]
Maximo kissed Mascara by mistake, which led to the finish. They were not happy with each other after the match. Shocker & Negro Casas second defense.
Today is Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Barbaro Cavernario & Hechicero. It should be great. I have no idea who’s going to win. Delta & Maya are the regular team, Cavernario and Hechicero are not in the same group, and, whether by coincidence or plan, these Arena Coliseo Tag Team championships never change hands in Arena Mexico. On the other hand, this feels a lot like Titan’s En Busca de un Idolo year, where he didn’t win the title match he got from the tournament but finished the year by winning a different title because CMLL realized he was actually really good. And CMLL’s definitely realized Cavernario is really good based on how they’ve used him of late. (Hechicero is also not bad.) I’m thinking Maya & Delta probably retain but I’m not sure.
Blue Panther Jr. vs Sangre Azteca are the lightning match, and should be on YouTube sometime around 9pm. Main event is a Rey Cometa, Super Porky, Valiente versus Ephesto, Hombre sin Nombre and Mephisto trios; the preview suggests HsN is a permanent member of the trio but this is first time all three have teamed up in a while. The Cholo/Ramstein vs Soberano/Star Jr. feud has made it’s way over to Tuesdays, and the rudos have won every match in the feud so far. If that mask match is happening on 01/06, a holiday, then they’re about 3 weeks away from it and maybe still too early to announce it.
Guadalajara’s main event is a similiar to Sunday’s Terra one: Atlantis, Marco and Sombra versus REy Bucanero, Shocker and Terrible. Zeuxis versus Princesa Sugehit meet in the lightning match.
Octagon says he left AAA in March to work on the indies, then was really confused he wasn’t booked on any of the AAA big shows and was fired in October. I do not understand so many things, and that last sentence is one of them. Octagon says he’s not suing for the name – because he says he owns the name – but he wants back pay, vacation and anything else owed to him by the law. Octagon says he’s taking up the cause for Fuerza Guerrera, Tirantes and the guys who became CMLL’s Invasors – he didn’t seem to be behind that cause until now. Those guys also sued AAA for similar reasons and made it sound like they were going to get something out of it but Histeria, Psicosis and Alebrije all gave up using there name on TV eventually. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but it does seem clear that Octagon wants to being a lot of attention to it because he’s been doing interviews about it on TV for the last couple of weeks.
Hooligan, who’s definitely the current Hombre sin Nombre, is listed as working in Arena Olimpico Laguna. Which is strange, because Hombre sin Nombre (and Dragon Rojo) are booked on the Saturday debut Arena Coliseo show.
El Bandolero was unmasked by Skayde Jr. on Sunday. Bandolero is Elias Rodriguez, 27 years old, from Ponce, Puerto Rico.
Rob Viper has a music video of 08/15/14 CMLL.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of the 12/13/2014 WMC show.
Ohtani’s Jacket reviews La Fiera vs El Dandy‘s 1992 hair match.
You can vote for Hechicero or Arez are for a rookie of the year vote.
+LuchaTV asks Pantera I about his return to Arena Naucalpan after 18 years.
NJPW will have an autograph signing on 01/18 with Atlantis, Volador, Mascara Dorada, Stuka and Stigma. Also some NJPW people.
Mary Apache is in Japan. I had no idea.
Someone stole Alushe’s gear! Don’t trust any fake Alushes.
CMLL (MON) 12/22/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Lestat, Soberano Jr., Star Jr. vs Disturbio, Espíritu Maligno, Toro Bill Jr.
2) Estrellita, La Vaquerita, Lluvia vs Amapola, La Comandante, Zeuxis
3) Rey Cometa, Titán, Valiente vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Olímpico
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. © vs Pólvora [CMLL MIDDLE]
Dragon Rojo’s 9th defense.
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Super Porky vs Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
That Dragon/Polvora lightning match on Sunday was not exciting. Maybe the title match will be better.
Lucharama (SUN) 12/28/2014 Deportivo 18 de Marzo, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Astro Rey Jr., Benji Marverick, Psico Kid vs Fulgor I, Fulgor II, Kastigador
2) Toscano vs Carta Brava Jr. (AAA)
WCS promotion match
3) Chica Ye-Ye, Demasiado, Estrella Divina vs Arkanos, Kilvan, Yoruba
Fusion Ichiban promotion match
4) Fly Metalik, Terremoto Negro, Wotan vs Arez, Belial, Impulso
5) Guerrero Del Bronx & Rolling Boy vs Gallo Tapado Jr. & Hijo de Clímax and Estrella Blanca Jr. & Hijo De Estrella Blanca and Celta King Jr. & Maquina Infernal Jr.
6) Fly Star, Rayo Star, Sky Man vs Andy Boy, Danger King, Guerrero Mixtico
CaraLuchas promotion match
7) Aeroboy & Violento Jack vs Galaxy & Ursus (Queretaro)
Haciendo La Lucha (Queretaro) match
8) Power Bull & Psique vs Angel Jr. & Lokillo
ILM promotion match
9) Aguila Oriental, Blacky, Brazo Jr., Glaactar vs Chalry Boy, Hermano Muerte Jr., Jorge El Salvaje, Ojo de Tigre Jr.
10) Andy Barrow & Villano III vs Aguila Enmascarado & Último Vampiro
11) Jimmy (DTU), Kevin (DTU), Tony (DTU) vs ?, Black Fire, Slayer Pack
DTU promotion match
12) Payaso De Plata & Payaso Extremo vs Aguila Enmascarada & Demente Extreme
13) Donatello (AULL), Miguel (AULL), Rafael (AULL) vs Ave Negra (AULL), Discordia, Ironía (Estado de México)
AULL promotion match
14) ? & Master Fly I vs ?? & Master Fly II
WMC promotion match
15) Ave De Fuego, Criss Boy, Furier, Látigo, Septimo Rayo vs Arceus, Caballero De Plata, Juventud Venegas, Rudy Venegas, Shadow
Futura Lucha Libre promotion match
This is a thing. It’s the Lucharama Expo, with free admission and the usual bit of people selling merchandise at tables along with the matches. I’m not even sure if these are all the matches, they’re just the ones announced so far on their Facebook. There will also be a photo exhibition with the best Black Terry Jr., Zao, and Rostro Oculto photos to battle it out. (There’s a funny skit to set that up.) May go to 11.