IWRG (SUN) 07/05/2015Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Electro Boy & Hip Hop Man b Alfa & Omega Alfa & Omega’s first appearance here in months, lost in straight falls.
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo b Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Imposible, Muerte Infernal Muerte Infernal (hasn’t been seen since October) replaced Cerebro Negro. Turtles asked for a trios title shot.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Eterno, Halloween Jr. b Diva Salvaje, Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic Diva Salvaje replaced X-Fly. Apolo Estrada replaced Heddi Karoui. Halloween Jr. debuted.
4) Negro Navarro & Trauma I b Canis Lupus & Pirata Morgan [quarterfinal] Trauma I’s first match here since December. Canis Lupus replaced Hijo de Pirata Morgan.
5) Danny Casas & Veneno b Hijo del Pantera & Pantera [quarterfinal] Hijo del Pantera’s return from Japan.
6) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 [quarterfinal]
7) Hijo De Dos Caras & Súper Nova b Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 Jr. [quarterfinal]
8) Danny Casas & Veneno b Negro Navarro & Trauma I [semifinal]
9) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Hijo De Dos Caras & Súper Nova [semifinal]
10) Coloso Chris & Príncipe Orión b Danny Casas & Veneno [final]
That’s two straight weeks for the foreigners (who don’t have that much hair to lose.)
Yuca beat Miss Janeth in a mask versus hair matches on a Leyendas Inmortales show on Sunday. Yuca bled a lot, but took falls 2/3 to keep her mask. The third fall included run-ins by both seconds and Yuca using an unseen martinete for the win. Miss Janeth got part of her hair cut, but all the photos show her still with hair. (If Miss Janeth got her head shaved, it happened back stage.) Main event had Canek, Canek Jr., and Rey Hechicero defeated Zandao, Blue Panther (sub for Dos Caras) and As Charro Jr. Not sure what’s going on with their TV show. No new episode in over a month.
NJPW announced it’s lineups for their G1 tour. Ricochet challenging KUSHIDA for the IWGP Junior Championship was not announced for the final. It still could be announced for that show, or added to any other show, but that’s a bit of a surprise. Anything beyond the G1 tour would start to mean Ricochet wouldn’t be available for September Lucha Underground tapings (which appeared to be original plan for Season 2.)
AAA The Crash (FRI) 07/03/2015Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [SuperLuchas, The Gladiatores]
1) Star Dragon b Enigma and Destroyer and Mosco Negro and Mirage and Black Boy [The Crash Junior] New Title. Black Boy is already one half of the tag champs.
2) Daga & Flamita b Australian Suicide & Rey Horus Money thrown in. Daga beat Horus, who offered him and a partner TBD a shot at the tag titles (Horuz & Black Boy)
3) Aerostar & Fénix b B-Boy & Famous B The AAA duo won the all Lucha Underground match with their off the shoulders plancha.
4) Proximo L Genio Del Aire, Tony Casanova, Zarco, Ángel Metálico, Mr. Maldito, Jonathan, Búfalo Ayala [hair] Casanova’s first match in a while. Reverse elimination match, where the winner escaped the match by pinfall. Escape went Tony (beating Genio del Air), Genio del Air (Bufalo Ayayla), Bufalo Ayala (Maldito), Metalico (Jonathan), Mr. Maldito (moonsault onto everyone), Jonathan (Zarco) leaving Zarco & Proximo. Proximo got a visual pin on Zarco with the ref down, but Zarco ended up winning – saving his mask and taking Proximo’s hiar.
5) Pentagón Jr. b ACH, Bestia 666, Extreme Tiger [Torneo Refacciones del Valle] Daga ran out to help Pentagon, while Rey Horuz tried to help Bestia. Pentagon beat Bestia with a package piledriver, and the two talked about either a title match and mask/hair (reports differ, tag title match makes more sense.)
6) La Parka & Psycho Clown b Parka Negra & Zorro Parka was honored before the match. Both sides were counted out in the first, then the tecnicos took 2/3.
It seemed like there was a really good turnout for this show. There are badly edited videos of the high spot matches around.
CMLL (SAT) 07/04/2015Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Bengala b Camorra
2) Magnus b El Rebelde very good match
3) Starman b Akuma
4) Flyer DQ Raziel Raziel fouled Flyer once, Bestia Negra missed it, so Raziel did it again.
5) Cancerbero b Oro Jr.
6) Pegasso & Tritón b Metálico & Sangre Azteca Metalico replaced Virus
7) Atlantis, Dragon Lee, Mistico DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Niebla Roja, Shocker Cavernario pulled Lee’s mask for the DQ, which set up a singles match between them
I’m convinced this show is not programmed by the people who program the other shows, because someone’s got the sense to put on good main events outside of the usual few top matches.
Yesterday’s AAA TV, the second half of the Verano de Escandalo coverage. included bonus promos that might be TripleMania teaser. We still didn’t get to see the post-show interview where Alberto demanded Cage in a cage (so maybe that’s not the stip anymore), but the show did lead off with Cage & Alberto building up another match, and ended with Rey Mysterio and Johnny Mundo doing the same. (There were also Parka/Mesias back and forth, but that seemed more to build up the main event trios as it was labeled before the event.) A Mundo/Misterio singles match is not going to happen, but throwing it out there and throwing out many other heads up apuesta matches is strange. If there is a plan here, maybe it’s to tease a bunch of matches and do some sort of super ruleta de la muerte as the TripleMania main feature? It wouldn’t be super appealing and I’m not sure how well it’d draw, but it’d explain why they’re holding off announcing it. If they were doing simply Cage/Alberto, they could’ve announced it Friday right after Cage put Alberto thru the table. If it was a lot more things going on, perhaps include other apuesta matches that haven’t been teased, maybe they’d have to hold out a little longer.
This week’s free MLW Radio show had a few AAA tidbits. Konnan said Goya Kong first contact AAA “over a year ago” about making the jump, but CMLL found out and put her on TV more to get her to stay. Goya reached out again, Konnan & AAA said she had to jump this time or that was it, and she decided to jump. This move had been in the works for six months and they felt she was super over. Texano got hurt on a private show on a private show in Juan da la Barrera last Friday, trying to catch a Myzteziz dive and only getting one arm on him. He’s going to be out 3-4 weeks. Konnan also says the stories about Alberto & Rey’s contracts causing finanical problems (as reported by Dr. Lucha via the Figure Four) are untrue.
IWRG FILL (WED) 07/08/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Blue Metal, Canario, Vardeus vs Demonio Imperial, La Teniente, Skanda
2) Blue Monsther, Hijo del Alebrije, Voltar vs Guerrero 2000, Magnum 44, Troll
3) Dragon Fly, Kanon, Super Jack vs Araña de Plata, Electro Boy, Picudo Jr.
4) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Atomic Star vs Aeroman, Matrix Jr., Power Bull
5) Atomic Fly, Espeada De Plata, Flyer Star, Kesier Drago, Skiller, Toxin Boy, Wason, Yoruba vs Brazo Cibernetico, Caballero De Plata, Dr. Letal, Maquiavelico, Meteoro, Solaris, Sonic, Voraz [Copa High Power] Gym Zeuz (Toxin Boy) vs Gym Hip Hop (Voraz)
Oficial/Hip Hop Man continues in the main event, while the semimain is Eterno’s pupils versus Black Terry.
CMLL (SUN) 07/12/2015Arena México
1) Leono & Sensei vs Camorra & El Rebelde
2) Acero, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia
3) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Okumura, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Fuego vs Puma [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
6) Diamante Azul, Mistico, Valiente vs Niebla Roja, Shocker, Último Guerrero
Shocker or a suitable replacement in the main event.
Reyes del Atlantida are now suddenly teaming all the time. Wonder if they’ll be broken up if Maya wins this thing.
CMLL (SUN) 07/12/2015Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro & Rey Halcon vs Guerrero de la Muerte & Micro
2) Capitan Cobra & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Demonio Rojo & Mr. Brisa
3) El Divino vs Sádico
4) Frezzer, Nautilius, Omar Brunetti vs El Chakal, El Yaqui, Thunder Boy
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Magnum vs Joker, Maléfico, Ráfaga
Divino and Sadico faced off in the semimain tonight, so something happened there.
AAA TV (FRI) 07/03/2015 Expotampico, Tampico, Tamaulipas [AAA]
2) Goya Kong, Niño Hamburguesa, Octagoncito b Carta Brava Jr., Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie Goya Kong was the surprise luchadora. Hamburugesa Splash on Carta & Abismo
3) Dark Scoria, Dark Cuervo, Máscara Año 2000 Jr. b Bengala, Drago, El Elegido Scoria beat Elegido.
4) Hijo del Fantasma & Joe Lider b Angélico & Jack Evans Cuervno & Escoria cost Angelico & Jack the mach.
5) Cibernético & El Mesías b Monsther Clown & Murder Clown and Electroshock & Hijo de Pirata Morgan Cibernetico replaced Texano Jr., and his team got the win when Mesias beat Pirata with a top rope splash.
6) Averno b Myzteziz seconds were Argenis & Cibernetico. Mytzeziz told Averno prior to the match he’d have his respect if he could beat him cleanly. Averno told Myztzeziz and could unmake him. Averno did win and did break free of La Mistica, but won with a foul (and not cleanly.)
7) Blue Demon Jr. & Villano IV b Brian Cage & El Patrón Alberto Villano IV & Blue Demon won when Cage turned on Alberto and put him thru a table.
Air Date: 07/25 and 08/01 – so, just to be clear, this includes the show airing 8 days before TripleMania.
There are no matches announced for TripleMania, but we can make the same educated guesses on those matches as we could back when this card was announced. Something is happening with Cage & Alberto, something is happening with Avenro/Myzteziz and something is still happening with Angelico/Jack Evans and Scoria/Cuervo – we just don’t know what’s exactly happening with any of it, still.
Money was thrown in for Averno/Myzteziz.
I thought Steve Pain was at this taping, but it turns out Cuervo & Scoria with short hair are kind of tough to recognize.
Next taping is next Friday in Puebla. It could be the last taping until TripleMania, though I suspect we’ll know more after this week’s TV show.
CMLL (FRI) 07/03/2015Arena México [CMLL, Terra, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Oro Jr. & Robin b Espanto Jr. & Metálico Tecnicos took 1/3. Oro Jr. took a bad Espanto powerbomb in the second fall and seemed like he might be hurt, but finished the match fine.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito COR Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico Pequeno Olimpico replaced Pequeno Nitro. Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Shockercito submitted Olimpico to the reinera while Astral & Electrico took out the others with dives. Demus seemed shaken up after Electrico springboard splashed him on the head to end the second fall, but finished the match.
3) Canelo Casas b Disturbio [En Busca de un Idolo] Canelo won with a Rosa in 5 minutes. Terrible and Mephisto were guest judges. Canelo scored a 6 (Terrible), 7 (Mephisto), 7 (Gladiador), 6 (Tirantes) for 26 while Disturbio scored a 5, 5, 7, 5 for 22.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. b Delta [En Busca de un Idolo] Guerrero Maya won with a brainbuster in 7:30. Maya scored a 8 (Terrible), 8 (Mephisto), 8 (Gladiador), 8 (Tirantes) for 32, while Delta scored a 6, 7, 8, 6 for 27
5) Dragon Lee, Mistico, Valiente b Ephesto, Kamaitachi, Mephisto Tecnicos took 1/3
6) Rey Escorpión b Gran Guerrero Rey Escorpion won in straight falls, the second with an unseen foul.
7) La Sombra, Rush, Thunder DQ Diamante Azul, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles] Sombra tossed his mask to Volador to draw the DQ
There doesn’t seem to be a specific match coming out of the main event, except more relevos increibles. Maya & Delta was Good, barely, but it seemed like it needed to be a bit more. Delta’s loss pretty much eliminates him.
En Busca standings:
BP Jr. 168*
CMLL (FRI) 07/10/2015Arena México
1) Magnus & Sensei vs Akuma & Espiritu Negro
2) Dark Angel vs Silueta, Estrellita, Amapola, Dalys, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, La Vaquerita, Zeuxis, Skadi, Tiffany, La Seductora [cibernetico] celebrating the 10th anniversary of the restarted women’s division
3) Delta vs Flyer [En Busca de un Idolo]
4) Boby Zavala vs Canelo Casas [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas
6) Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs La Sombra, Rey Escorpión, Thunder [Relevos Increíbles]
Volador & Ultimo Guerrero are double booked here and on the All Elite show in Queretaro. They’re probably working here.
Another relevos in the main event, though this one more clearly builds up Ultimo Guerrero versus Rey Escorpion. No sign of any other matches for that show, besides the En Busca de un Idolo matches.
Skadi replaces Goya Kong (instead of Lluvia, who CMLL previously announced.) Putting it the second match spot means CMLL think it’s not that important (though I suspect the dive ban won’t apply to them.)
Tuesday June 14th will have Disturbio versus Esfinge and Guerrero Maya Jr. versus Blue Panther Jr. Week 7 will have Blue Panther Jr. vs Delta, Boby Zavala versus Disturbio, Esfing versus Canelo Casas, and Flyer versus Guerrero Maya Jr.
Tonight’s CMLL show a relevos increíbles listed as the main event, but it’s really everyone playing the sides they should be on. Thunder teams with sorta-rudos Rush & La Sombra against Diamante Azul, Volador and sorta-tecnico Ultimo Guerrero. The twist is Thunder’s turn happened because he wanted to fight Rush, and now they’re going to happen to team. Semimain has Rey Escorpion versus Gran Guerrero, which probably should be Escorpion getting a big win to prove he’s got a chance to beat heavy favorite Ultimo Guerrero in the mask match, but it might just turn out to be an angle instead. (They’ve already done the switch once.) En Busca de un Idolo has Disturbio versus Canelo Casas and Delta versus Guerrero Maya Jr. match between long time partners. It’s not the first match between the tecnicos: they got put together after they faced off in a similiar 2011 Forajido de Idolo tournament block, and Delta won way back then.
The En Busca de un Idolo fan poll results are in thru week 4
CMLL's official En Busca standings after W4:
BP Jr. 168
Flyer got the full 40 points for first, catching up 27 points on Esfinge (13) and 22 on Disturbio (18). He’s been treated as the lowest man in the decisions (the only guy with an under 500 record), but could end up being the guy who gets brought thru via fan support. Tonight’s Disturbio/Canelo match outcome could swing things. They got the same fan votes, they’ll probably be near each other in judging points, it’s the 20 points decision that could weigh big.
AAA is also taping tonight, in Tampico. Now that TripleMania’s date has been announced, this is the show to start to announce some matches for the show. Mistico and Averno face off in a singles match for no apparent reason in the semimain, which suggests there’s a plan there for a TripleMania match. Brian Cage and Alberto el Patron will definitely be wrestling at TripleMania, but tonight they’ll team up to face the equally odd couple pair of Blue Demon & Villano IV. Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. makes his first AAA TV appearance in a year, so his mystery admirer storyline may finally be explained.
A bunch of AAA wrestlers who would normally be on the taping are instead in Tijuana for The Crash. Pentagon Jr. accused Rey Horus and Bestia 666 of not showing up for the press conference for the show because they were scared of him. Rey Horus isn’t even in Pentagon Jr.’s match (he’s in a four way with Extreme Tiger, Bestia and ACH), but Pentagon is just that scary.
Ricochet made a surprise appearance on today’s NJPW show, challenging the winner of the KUSHIDA & Kenny Omega junior heavyweight title match. The optimistic way to look at it is that match could just be coming during the couple month stretch of time he was already expected to be in Japan for Dragon Gate and it won’t affecting his Lucha Underground status. The pessimistic (and probably more realistic) way of looking at it is Ricochet is looking for work elsewhere and doesn’t think he has Lucha Underground work. (He seemingly doesn’t think appearing on NJPW, which airs on AXS TV in the US, conflicts with his Lucha Underground deal. Maybe he got permission.)
Everything can be worked around, but it doesn’t look great. No one with Lucha Underground is saying they’re not coming back for season 2 or not coming back, but they’re also not really saying much at all. There’s still people who will say ‘it’s close, news is coming soon’, but they’ve been saying that for months and there’s been no news. It’s not dead yet.
Ultimo Dragoncito says when he first wanted to start training lucha libre, he was rejected for being too short. He was told that if he really wanted to be a luchador, he should go prove it by doing amateur wrestling, and Dragoncito did for many years. He still was rejected from being luchador until a Guadalajara promoter needed some new wrestlers, with Dragoncito only getting a spot because they needed one more to round out the field. He did well and eventually became Misteriosoito in 1989. Misteriosito got caught up in the big CMLL/AAA split in 1992; most all the minis went with Antonio Pena and his new company. Dragoncito said he never did (though there’s at least one early AAA card with a Misteriosito billed), but stopped getting booked and didn’t know what had happened. It took him months to get the courage to ask Paco Alonso about his situation, only to find out Paco had assumed Misterioso jumped with the others and that’s why he wasn’t booked. Paco did make it up with him by paying Dragoncito for his down time, giving him the new Ultimo Dragoncito gimmick and bringing in more minis to work with.
Boby Zavala is thrilled to be leading the En Busca de un Idolo, and Delta & Guerrero Maya should be less worried about their fan’s votes not counting on the form and more concerned about making their matches less boring.
AAA LUCHA FUTURE (SAT) 07/11/2015 Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom
1) Blue Demoncito & Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Histeria
2) Fénix vs Pentagón Jr.
3) Drago & Sexy Star vs Bengala & Faby Apache
4) Blue Demon Jr., La Parka, Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr., Villano IV
Somewhat surprised we’re getting a lineup. The UK gets Fenix versus Pentagon Jr., which is pretty cool. They’re probably not getting Texano and no idea how they work around that.
CMLL LLB (THU) 07/16/2015Arena Naucalpan 1) Esparta & Kid Jaguar vs Halcón 2000 & Robin Maravilla 2) Kilvan, Rey Lobo Jr., Shadow, Yoruba vs Leo, Mike, Rafy, Teelo unclear if it’s an atomicos, just listed as team vs team. 3) Freelance, Mike Segura, Pantera I vs Arez, Belial, Impulso 4) Black Terry, Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata vs Carta Brava Jr. (IWL), Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera and Ángel o Demonio, Eterno, Ovett [super libre] 5) Crazy Boy & Pesadilla vs Felino & Negro Casas 6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone vs Máximo, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Lucha Libre Boom, using CMLL’s wrestlers and IWRG’s building. Slightly confusing.
CMLL’s not aired matches with outside talent on All Elite shows in the past, this All Elite show had outside talent on every single match, who knows what they’re going to do. Maybe Puebla airs on 52MX and GDL moves to there? Maybe they just air a random episode from the past?
I hope Puma’s big win turns up anywhere. He only gets one every three years.
Alas de Oro is must see – but it seems like AAA’s posting shows on a one week delay now, so you’ll be stuck going to my channel to see it.
Metalico is inescapable.
The commercial for next week’s Lucha Underground makes it seem very exciting! They still haven’t aired the other half of the All Night Long taping, which makes life really hard when you don’t want to post results from a taping until all the matches have aired.