AAA LyC (SUN) 10/21/2012 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
***Arena Coliseo 57th Anniversary***
1) Chamaco Gurrola, Darkgenis, Mini Hator b Crazy 93, Extreme Boy, Mini Neurosis
2) Jennifer Blake b Lady Puma, La Hiedra
3) Antifaz del Norte b Máscara Púrpura, Rico Rodriguez, El Tackle, Lumino, Gabanelli, Genocida, Perseus, Bengali, Angel Dorado Jr., Rey Imagen, Caballo Dorado, Potro, Rey Orion [Copa 57 Anniversary]
Antifaz defeated Mascara Purpura to win the cup (though no trophy was actually seen)
4) Difunto I, Monje Negro Jr., Pirata Morgan b Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II, Super Parka
Pirata was with LUM’s Hombre de Negro & La Monjita, and won with an unseen foul on Super Parka.
5) Hijo del Ninja, Humberto Garza, Zumbi DQ Cuervo, Espíritu, Ozz
Zumbi replaced Hector Garza, who appeared earlier in the show with the rest of his family (Mascara Purpura, Humberto Jr. and Hijo del Ninja.) Humberto thanked the fans on Hector’s behalf, saying Hector couldn’t talk. Perro interrupted to challenge Hector to get better so he could beat him for his hair in his home town of Monterrey. Humberto and Ninja angrily challenged Perro. Perro didn’t seem interest, so Hector took the microphone and talked to make the challenge on behalf of his family (Pupura included.) Perro promised to cause the Garza’s problems later. The men in the crowd have turned on Hijo de Ninja. Garzas were about to win when Perros ran in for the DQ.
6) Jack Evans & La Parka b el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Nicho el Millionario
Nicho replaced Teddy, said to be out with an injury but wrestled in Canada the night before. Crowd was divided. Jack took out Nicho with his dive, Parka knocked down the ref by mistake, Perro fouled him and covered, Humberto Garza ran in to foul Perro and put Parka on top for the win. Challenges followed.
LyC is hyping a big show in December. Humberto vs Perro in a hair match would do good business here and the angle at the end points that direction. Ninja vs Perro would be more difficult – Ninja is the centerpiece here but losing strong to Perro maybe proves something to the fans who dislike him? – but there’s never any guarantee anything will happen.
LyC posted Saturday morning that Teddy was injured and would be replaced. Instead, Teddy wrestled and won tag team titles in Real Canada Wrestling that night, a promotion in Edmonton. That match also included the guy who won the AAA tryout seminar and the guy who debuted on TV as Uro Rocker. Teddy’s gone from being out of AAA to being in well enough that he get friends and associates jobs. There was some warning that Teddy would be gone from AAA if he started misbehaving, but I’d be surprised if that was the case.
They seem to be surprised about Teddy not wrestling either (and really didn’t lose anything by switching from Teddy to Nicho or saying Teddy was hurt rather than just missing the show; they’re probably innocent on this.)
CMLL (SUN) 10/21/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Cancha, El Occidental, Informador]
1) Sádico b Brillante
Sadico used a top rope ‘rana to win.
2) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Black Metal & Javier Cruz Jr.
3) Demonio Maya & Maléfico b El Divino & Máscara Mágica
Malefico snuck in a foul on Mascara Magica.
4) Bárbaro Cavernario, In Memoriam, Infierno b Eros, Gallo, Leo
A Rafaga distraction set up the win.
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Máximo, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Niebla Roja, Sangre Azteca
Tecnicos took 2/3, Fantasma small packaging Rojo, setting up a Fantasma vs Rojo title match.
I think they are setting up a cage match with the locals here. Not totally sure.
CMLL (MON) 10/22/2012 Arena Puebla [@CMLL_OFICIAL, CMLL]
1) Black Tiger & Tigre Rojo Jr. b Akron & Policeman
2) Taurus b Super Halcon Jr. [lightning]
Taurus won in just over six minutes.
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Magnus, Stigma b Artillero, Inquisidor, Súper Comando
Tecnicos took 2/3, Magnus defeating Inquisidor with a backcracker.
4) Sagrado, Stuka Jr., Triton b Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Virus
Tecnicos took 2/3, Sagrado surprising Misterioso with a cradle for the win. Virus & Sangre were annoyed with Misterioso for blowing the match.
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush DQ Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 1/3, Terrible fouled Rush. Bucanero hurt a knee in the third fall.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Valiente [CMLL MIDDLE]
Dragon Rojo came in as champion. Seconds were Super Comando & Stuka. Dragon Rojo took the first with a cristo invertido, Valiente came back in the second with an armbar, Dragon won fall three and kept the title with the Dragon Bomb.
Today’s Arena Mexico trio main event is Reyes del Atlantida versus Depreadors de Aire, a rematch of the Mexican Trios Title title change back in June. This is the first time Volador, Black Warrior, and Mr. Aguila have teamed up since winning the titles four months ago; that CMLL Gaceta article sort of implies this dispersal act was all a fiendish plan by the rudos so Atlantis, Delta and Guerrero Maya couldn’t beat them and get a rematch. In reality, these national trios titles have a long history of going to a random assembly of three men because the programming idea likes the idea of them being a team, but then quickly losing interest in them as a team. Atlantis squad did well, but the preceding champions were also trios who never teamed except to defend the belts or teams that lost their belts because one of the champions just wasn’t interested in defending the belts. Programming has plans for the these teams up to the time when they win the titles, but rarely past that.
On Sunday’s Arena Azteca Budokan show, Martha Villalobos appeared to announce she’d be retiring on an upcoming show. Rossy Moreno immediately challenged her, so it’ll probably be some trios match involving them.
AAA’s put up a schedule of upcoming Twitter live cam chats
10/25: Silver King & Chessman
11/01: Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. & Texano Jr.
11/08: Psycho Circus
11/22: Joe Lider & Xtreme Tiger
Bill has highlights of 09/16/2004 ENESMA,a night of bad fortune
Magnus is heading to Puerto Rico this weekend.
R de Rudo draws Canek and his new son.
Robin replaces Tigre Blanco and Tiffany replaced Lady Apache on Friday. The women’s change means the women’s match isn’t the resumption of the Lady Apache/Dark Angel feud.
CMLL (SUN) 10/28/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Azteca de Oro vs Acertijo
2) Gallo vs Smaker, Leo, Ráfaga, In Memoriam, Esfinge, Bárbaro Cavernario, Infierno, Eros, Espectrum [seeding battle royal]
3) 1, 2, 3 vs 4, 5, 6
4) 7 & 8 vs 10 & 9
5) Guerrero Maya Jr. & Rey Cometa vs Puma King & Tiger
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Hijo del Fantasma [NWA MIDDLE]
Nice of Dragon Rojo to evenly distribute the title defenses. He could just defend both them at the same time, but let’s not go crazy. Semimian looks very fun. Undercard is right out of every other Arena Aficion card.
CMLL (SUN) 10/28/2012 Arena Coliseo
1) Freesbe & Oro Jr. vs Camorra & Cholo
2) Höruz, Leono, Stigma vs Ramstein, Súper Comando, Zayco
3) Molotov vs Cancerbero [lightning]
4) Ángel Azteca Jr., Fuego, Sagrado vs Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada vs Averno, Ephesto, Pólvora
6) Diamante Azul, La Máscara, Shocker vs Felino, Tama Tonga, Terrible
Scratch that tag title match, but Azul vs Tonga still seems possible. Maybe he can defend the Mexico City Heavyweight Title! (They’ve been doing much more non-title singles matches of late.)
CMLL (MON) 10/29/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Dinámikoo & Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Ares & Centauro de Fuego
2) Höruz vs Cholo [lightning]
3) Asturiano, Metálico, Molotov vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Espiritu Maligno
4) Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Marcela vs Amapola, Mima Shimoda, Tiffany
5) Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Tama Tonga vs Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma
6) Atlantis, La Máscara, Mistico vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Fiebre Amarilla! Okumura will be so pleased. Mima seems to be around permanently now.
IWRG (THU) 11/01/2012 Arena Naucalpan
***Castillo del Terror, 2012***
1) Mini Super Astro & Voladorcito vs Bracito De Plata & Mr. Aguilita
2) Amazona, Fenix, Ludark Shaitan vs Cristal, La Sádica, Pasion Kristal
names do not seem right here.
3) Alan Extreme, Centvrión, Comando Negro, Dinamic Black, Eterno, Golden Magic, Imposible, Saruman vs Dragón Celestial, Electro Boy, La Cobra, Matrix Jr., Relampago, Serpiente de Oro, Sky Ángel, Violencia Jr. [Copa High Power]
FILL 1st Generacion vs FILL 2nd Generacion rematch.
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Cien Caras Jr., Espíritu, Heddi Karaoui
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 vs Trauma I, Spartan, Oficial 911, Factor, Trauma II, Carta Brava Jr., Oficial Fierro, el Ángel, Hijo de Pirata Morgan [cage, mask]
Traumas are definitely not losing, and I’d be very surprised if Hijo de Mascara, Hijo de Parta or even Carta Brava lost their masks here; they could all carry singles matches or bigger name cage matches. Spartan and Angel are the best bets.
IWRG’s Twitter notes Hijo de LA Park and Hijo de Dr. Wagner are trashing each other on Facebook, LA Park trying to talk Wagner into both of them being in this match. Neither really has a chance of losing.
I think the women’s match might just have some extraneous text and it’s just 2 v 2.