CMLL (MON) 06/30/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque]
1) Black Tiger, Milenium, Paris b Centauro de Fuego, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr.
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Siki Ozama Jr. b Pegasso, Starman, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Said to be a bad match.
3) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Stigma b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Virus
Dragon Rojo & Polvora had problems. Stigma beat Virus.
4) Asturiano b Pequeño Warrior [mask, hair]
Tiger Rojo Jr. seconded Asturiano. Blue Center seconded Warrior and interfered in the match. Warrior took first. Tirantes DQed Warrior in the second for Center’s interference. Astruiano beat Warrior in the third to keep his mask and take Warrior’s hair.
5) Euforia, Pierroth, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky
Rudos took 2/3.
6) Rush b Shocker
Rush took falls 2/3, the last with a foul after Tirantes was distracted. Match went about 10 minutes.
Hooray for Asturiano winning. I’m pretty sure Dragon Rojo’s partners wouldn’t be mad at him if he just stopped losing.
Today’s Arena Mexico show has Angel de Oro, Valiente, Volador vs Ephesto, Euforia, and Hechicero, in Hechicero’s first ever Arena Mexico main event. He’s being promoted under the Nuevo Valores concept, but he belongs there anyway. The biggest match on the show is Estrellita defending her national championship against Zeuxis. Estrellita figures to win, but Zeuxis will make it interesting. Silueta says she hoping Zeuxis wins today, pointing out (correctly) she’s not going to get a title shot unless a ruda wins a belt or she changes sides herself.
Arena Coliseo Guadalajara has (another) Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero match, while Stuka and Malefico meet in a title match after feuding for the last few weeks.
An AAA interview with Fenix talks up the his challenge for the cruiserweight championship and clarifies some plot points. Fenix talks about two other challengers to the Cruiserweight championship, so Aerostar is still meant to be part of the match (and might have simply missed that challenge segment because he was hurting from the previous match.) Fenix also says Steve Pain and Eterno will be in the match, so it’ll be a six way match.
Terra posted a preview for Sunday’s CMLL show, but none for Friday. Terra’s previews are not definite – whoever does these has less info on what will air than we do – but combine that with no explanation of why there was no show last Friday and it’s enough make plans to do something other than watch CMLL on Terra this Friday. (If you’re American, I assume you already have other plans for Friday night anyway.)
LuchaWorld has Poster-Mania.
Highlights of the Mil Mascaras, Dos Caras and Sicodelico panel discussion include Mil Mascaras saying Canek was just a copy of Mil and Mil & Dos talking about how much harder to get licensed as a luchador back in the day.
Lucha Libre in Japan
06/29 REINA: Yumiko Hotta & La Comandante b Ariya & Aki Shizuku (c) [REINA TAG] (via Purolove.com)
Comandante wins a title. Hotta previously took Comandante’s hair (and then tried to shut down this promotion, about three versions of REINA ago), so it’s good they got over all of that.
IWRG (SUN) 07/06/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Omega vs Anubis Black & Kalim Black
2) Emperador Azteca, Imposible, Metaleon vs Apolo Estrada, Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
3) Dr. Cerebro, Relámpago, Veneno vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Máscara Sagrada & Villano IV vs Canis Lupus & Demon Clown
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 © vs Hijo De Dos Caras [IWRG JUNIORS]
Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000′s first defense
That semimain looks challenging. Team Black in the opener. Azteca & Imposible hate each other, can’t stop being booked together.
CMLL (MON) 07/07/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Paris & Robin vs Ares & Guerrero Espacial
2) Dragon Lee, Milenium, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Blue Center, Fuerza Chicana, Hijo del Signo
3) Rey Cometa, Stigma, Stuka Jr. vs Puma, Tiger, Virus
4) Máximo, Titán, Tritón vs Cavernario, Ephesto, Mr. Niebla
5) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Dragon Lee is back in the early matches after En Busca de un Idolo. Cavernario is not, though that may be more about his Peste Negra membership and less about actually winning. Tercera could be very good; it’s possible they’re setting up something with Virus & Stigma here.