taped 2013-07-05 @ Arena Mexico
Read the rest of this entry »
No one’s published full results from Puebla, but Twitter messages last night say Mistico defeated Averno to win the Copa Puebla and Amapola challenged Marcela to a title match next week. Attendance still looks very strong there.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico show is headlined by the Guerreros vs Revolucinarios feud. Last week’s show had the Revolucinarios walking off with all the Guerreros masks. Ultimo Guerrero leads his team this week and Euforia is still around (wrestling in the semifinal), so Rey Escorpion’s trio may be in for some trouble. Diamante Azul defends his NWA Light Heavyweight Championships against Vangelis in what’s largely expected to be a safe defense and an unsafe match. The second block of the lightweight tournament continues, where Pequeno Nitro or Pequeno Warrior will most likely advance to face Electrico next week. The Cadetes del Espacio, who debuted six weeks ago, team for only the second time in the segunda and hope to get a win this time.
Sadica kept the LLF Junior championship by countout over Reyna Azteca, after a swinging neckbreaker off the apron to the floor (intending to break some light tubes for good measure.) Clip of the very unsafe looking finish.
Eita, Tomahawk and Yuta sent a promo back to Dragon Gate, including a masked “Falcon Magic” in their group. That seems like a spot where you might see a DTU guy or even an IWRG wrestler, but I can’t find anyone who matches up with the tattoos. I don’t have any Falcon Magic/Magico results. There was a Halcon Magico who trained with Arkangel (in the same battle royal as Flamita) but he’s gone straight in obscurity and would be a big surprise to turn up elsewhere. I may be totally off, but the spiderweb over the elbow strikes me as more a US tattoo.
Vice has an article about a video series on lucahdoras. I believe I’ve linked to the project site before, but the (subtitled & short) videos on Lola Gonzalez, Big Mama and Black Fury are worth checking out if you missed them
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Bill has highlights of 07/07/13 CMLL.
Mr. Reyes has a photolog of a month worth of shows. He mentions that Halloween might be reuniting with Damian 666 and Bestia 666.
A multiman Aerial Assualt match with Astro Rey Jr., Skandalo, Impulso, Relampago, Zurdog, Stukita, Hijo del Angel, Belial, Terremoto Negro and Fulgor has been added to Chilanga Mask match show.
AAA’s preview for Queretaro’s card still lists Argenis, while also saying Argenis will be in Japan. They also list Fenix, who may or may not still be hurt in a couple weekends. (After seeing the injury, I believe he’ll be hurt.)
Rey Hechicero kept the Poder y Honor title in Monterrey.
Isis hopes to debut in-ring this year. Previous female Arkangel trainee Lady Afrodita seems to have vanished (or sent back to training), which might affect Isis’ wait.
Funcion Estelar talks to Hacker, who talks about defending his NWG Azteca championship title for the fourth time. It’s strange, because the DTU results from this past weekend seemed to say he lost the title and won it back from Angel del Misterio.
DTU is headed to northern Mexico on 08/18 and 08/19.
Arena Aficion’s main event tonight is Negro Casas & Mr. Niebla vs La Sombra & Niko (the clown)
Arena Queretaro interviews Mistico and Sombra before Sombra’s title match there next weekend.
Atlantis and Erik Morales were honored by the PRI political party.
Arena Xalapa looks back at Apolo Curiel.
Rene Guajardo Jr. was part of a panel discussion about his father.
Hieloco, Ice Killer’s kid, shows off.
Televisa (GalaTV Mexico) aired futbol instead of their CMLL & AAA shows. I screwed up recording Terra and didn’t get half the show. Noche de Coliseo was half repeats. I’m likely forgetting something.
YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2I0JwI23A_UXVIARfKrYM7omfALAFxV4
08/03 En Busca de un Idolo (2×2): http://www.sendspace.com/file/vni9yt - they’re not editing the matches this year, which means the few that had Terra stream problems should turn up here, but less time for out of the ring stuff. Looks like a 14 episode season, give or take.
08/04 GALLI: http://www.sendspace.com/file/scxf87
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-07-27
taped 2013-07-15 @ Polideportivo La Huizachera, Tehuacan, Puebla
1) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano vs Carta Brava Jr. & El Apache
2) Lucky Boy vs Texano Jr. for the AAA World Heavyweight Championship
3) Faby Apache, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Texano Jr.
5) Cibernético & El Mesías vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Psicosis
La Lucha Se Le Hace (SLP): 2013-08-04
Full Show: http://ul.to/dce3asq5
they didn’t put up graphics for the matches and the sound is still awful; I could figure out names, but I should use my time in better ways
match 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/whxx8s
match 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/077qkd
match 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ohw0z8
match 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ycrrp3
La Lucha Se Le Hace (SLP): 2012-12-08, repeated on Mexicanal 2013-08-06
taped 2012-12-02 @ Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxfc86
1) Filosofo, Pitufina, Tontin vs Camaleon (slp), Destructor (slp), La Diabla
2) As Negro, El Baron, El Unico vs Coronel Castro, Sombra Del Misterio, Tomahawk
3) Rayo De Plata IV, Rayo De Plata Jr., Rayo De Plata V vs Belcebu II, Mascara Infernal, Sabu Jr.
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-08-03
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/klg9y4
taped 2013-07-28 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Ángel de Oro vs Puma in a lightning match
2) La Sombra, Shocker, Titán vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Taichi
3) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-08-03
taped 2013-07-30 @ Arena Mexico
1) Sensei & Soberano Jr. vs Herodes Jr. & Zayco
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu
3) Eléctrico vs Bam Bam, Shockercito, Pequeño Halcón, Pequeño Violencia, Mercurio in a cibernetico match tournament semifinal match for the Mexican National Lightweight Championship
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
Stellar Moment: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p6y3p3
5) Ángel de Oro, Máscara Dorada, Mistico vs Mr. Niebla, Vangellys, Volador Jr.
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-08-03
taped 2013-07-26 @ Arena Mexico
1) Diamante, Pegasso, Tritón vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
2) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Titán vs Pólvora, Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-08-04
taped 2013-07-19 @ Arena Xalapa
1) Halloween & Mary Apache vs Drago & Faby Apache for the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship - joined in progress
2) Cuervo, Espíritu, Ozz vs Daga, Eita, Psicosis
3) Angélico, Fénix, Jack Evans vs Chessman, Pentagón Jr., Steve Pain
4) Cibernético, El Mesías, La Parka vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Parka Negra, Texano
CMLL on Terra: 2013-08-04
taped 2013-08-04 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Camaleón & Leono vs Espanto Jr. & Ramstein
2) Sagrado, Stigma, Tritón vs Camorra, Cancerbero, Raziel
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Virus
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e28rb7 – finish missing
IWRG Zona XXI: 2013-08-04
taped 2013-08-01 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Freelance & Seiya vs Alan Extreme & Fulgor I
2) Faby Apache, Fénix, Miss Gaviota vs Bugambilia, Pentagón Jr., Taya Valkyrie
Interview w/Sexy Lady for the chain match (match doesn’t air)
3) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Decnnis, Veneno, Danny Casas, Saruman, Apolo Estrada Jr., Dinamic Black, Extreme Tiger, Golden Magic, Picudo Jr., Centvrión [Copa High Power]
4) Texano Jr. vs Villano IV, Chessman, Daga, Eterno, Súper Nova, Trauma I, Trauma II, Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Pirata Morgan in a cage match, mask and hair on the line
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-08-04
taped 2013-07-28 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Burrito, Golden Boy, Pancho Tequilla vs Pull Over, Mongol Chino, Vaquero Romo
2) Charles Lucero vs Rey Hechicero
Todo x El Todo: 2013-08-04
taped 2013-07-27 @ Gimnasio Juan De La Barrera
1) Centvrión vs Imposible
2) Rossy Moreno vs Esther Moreno and Lady Apache
3) El Hijo del Medico Asesino vs Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
CMLL Puebla: 2013-08-05
taped 2013-07-15 @ Arena Puebla
1) Máximo, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
2) Diamante Azul, Shocker, Super Porky vs Pierroth, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
taped 2013-07-01 @ Arena Puebla
3) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto for the CMLL World Trios Championship
taped 2013-07-15 @ Arena Puebla
4) Stigma vs Pegasso, Leono, Tigre Rojo Jr., Robin, Skándalo, Siki Ozama Jr., Disturbio, Espíritu Maligno, Inquisidor in a cage match, mask and hair on the line
IWRG (SUN) 08/04/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Seiya b Sky Ángel
2) Imposible & Saruman b Freelance & Golden Magic
3) Bugambilia, Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota DQ Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
Oficials got annoyed with the exoticos and called a DQ.
4) Trauma I, Trauma II, Veneno DQ Cien Caras Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Súper Nova
Diablo’s first match here in a year (though he’s turned up announcing at least once.) Tecnicos took it in two falls, first clean, second when Familia de Tijuana ran in for the DQ.
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. DQ Emo Extreme, Eterno, X-Fly [EdM Trios]
Piratas took the first, FdT took the second. Eterno had Hijo del Pirata beat in the third, but Emo fouled Pirata Sr. and got DQed. Eterno, Super Nova and X-Fly beat up Emo post match, and no one made the save. First defense for Piratas.
A lot of two fall matches. This show was taped for AYM but they aired the Sunday show instead.
AAA announced a taping on 08/30 in Arena Naucalpan. This is the next taping after Queretaro on 08/16, so they’re going back to one taping every two weeks for a while.
CMLL will allow Banamex credit card holders to order Anniversary tickets this Saturday, a few days before the general on sale date. I know the Cubs have done this bit a few times and other spots team have as well – CMLL gets some money, fans get annoyed.
UWE has a big card this Saturday, with Wagner/Tinieblas vs Perro/Lizmark Jr on top, a UWA throwback match, IWRG vs AULL matches and a crazy high flyers tournament. This is a good show for taping (and a lot of Arena Lopez Mateos shows seem to be fan-camed of late.)
Averno replaced Taichi on Friday’s card, putting him opposite Blue Panther again.
Hacker won back the NWG Azteca championship after losing it earlier this week.
Lucha Libre in Japan
Drago & Argenis are headed over to AJPW for most of this month. They’re starting soon – from 08/11 to 08/25. They’ll challenge for the All Asia Tag Team championship on the final night of the tour. They’ll only miss the Queretaro taping; Argenis is currently scheduled for the segunda but could logically be replaced by Nino de Ebano.
I’m not sure if it’s confirmed yet, but Hijo del Pantera appears to be in Zero1′s junior singles league (Tenkaichi). The promotion did a bit at their last show where many people showed up to ask for a spot in the series and Hijo del Pantera was one of those asking for a match. Hijo del Pantera is still wrestling for Tajiri’s Wrestling New Classic in a featured role.
CMLL (SUN) 08/11/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Capitan & Metalik vs El Yaki & Satara
2) Brillante & El Divino vs Acertijo & Jocker
3) León Blanco, Sky Kid, Smaker vs Demonio Maya, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Delta, Gallo, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Exterminador, Maléfico
5) Máscara Dorada & Mistico vs Dragón Rojo Jr. & Rey Escorpión
A show! Mistico hasn’t been here in a month.
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-07-13
taped 2013-07-09 @ Arena Mexico
Averno vs Titán for the Mexican National Welterweight Championship – great
AAA on Televisa & UTDN: 2013-07-14
taped 2013-06-14 @ Domo de la Feria de Leon
Angélico, Drago, Jack Evans vs Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Steve Pain – excellent
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
- CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-07-13
- CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-07-13
- CMLL on Televisa: 2013-07-13 – the Rush cibernetico win was pretty glorious. I go back and forth on it.
- AAA Fusion: 2013-07-17
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL Puebla: 2013-07-17
taped 2013-06-24 @ Arena Puebla
Black Metal (Guadalajara), Pegasso, Tritón vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Espíritu Maligno, Skándalo:
I don’t remember any comments on IWRG Zona XXI: 2013-07-14
CMLL (SUN) 08/04/2013 Arena Coliseo [@therealfredo, CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Leono b Espanto Jr. & Ramstein
Tecnicos took 1/3
2) Sagrado, Stigma, Tritón b Camorra, Cancerbero, Raziel
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Virus b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma
Rudos took 1/3, Virus pulling Fantasma’s mask and beating him. Feed went out during third fall, good from what we saw. Rudos took Fantasma and Delta’s masks after the match.
4) Ángel de Oro b Puma [lightning]
Rematch from last week. Very good lightning match. Puma got Oro in the mecedora, Angel de Oro reversed it to his own mecedora and then submitted Puma with a campana.
5) Taichi, Terrible, Vangellys b La Máscara, Rush, Titán
Rush used Chris Benoit’s last WWE theme as his music. Rudos took 1/3, Terrible & Vangelis pinning Titan & Mascara. Rudos pre-match promo suggested a challenge for the national trios titles (with someone besides ineligible Taichi), though Mascara suggested a title match between himself and Vangelis post match.
6) Marco Corleone, Shocker, Thunder b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Good comedy match. Tecnicos took 2/3 with Marco/Thunder team spots.
Good show, especially the last three matches. Rush needs different theme music.
Guadalajara didn’t tweet results, but the paper sponsoring their tag team tournament mentioned their results. Black Metal & Gallo defeated Barbaro Cavernario & Sadico to win the four team tournament. They actually had a three place match, which I can’t recall seeing before in a lucha tournament. Halcon de Plata & Leo defeated Demonio Rojo & Malefico to win that.
Psycho Clown took Obett’s hair in IWL Arena Aficion show. Building seemed pretty full. They kept the AULL/IWL feud going. The “Pantera Revolucinarios” trio of Pantera I, Mike Segura and Freelance won the Guerra de Empresas tournament; Trio Fantasia had offered the winners a future shot at their WWA Trios Championship.
Bill has highlights of 06/30/13 CMLL.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
RCH promoter says their next show in Arena Naucalpan is on 09/16. That’s a Monday – maybe the show moved from Sunday due to holiday weekend? (Maybe we’re not taking a bus to Puebla?)
Angel del Futuro won the NWG Azteca championship from Hacker on Saturday’s DTU show.
Solar threw out the first pitch at a baseball game.
WWL says Sicodelico Jr. signed an exclusive contract. I hope he’s not exclusive with a promotion only running a dozen shows a year, that seems ill considered.
CMLL (SUN) 08/11/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Metatrón vs Akuma & Apocalipsis
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Rey Cometa vs Tiger [lightning]
5) La Máscara, Rush, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
Looks like they’re setting up a trios title match – just not the one they were setting up two weeks ago.
Tercera also may follow up from last week, Fantasma versus the guys who took his mask this week.
Puma couldn’t be a midcard tecnico, can Tiger? (Probably not.)
Myself and some others are strongly considering going to CMLL’s Anniversary show this year. We haven’t exactly booked flights yet, but we are far enough long to be looking at flights and hotels. We are wondering if other people are interested in going, or already planning on attending the show.
I need to emphasize this point: this is not a luchablog tour, everyone is on their own for making arrangements for the trip. This is more about being able to travel in larger groups when possible and sharing information. (Any suggestions from people who’ve previously made this trip or live in Mexico are also welcome!)
We’re looking at a week long trip, maybe from the Wednesday prior to the show to the Wednesday, with a plan to hit as many lucha shows as possible during that week. We’d like to get a group of tickets together for the Anniversary show, which go on sale next Tuesday, so we need to lock down dates on the trip in next couple of weeks.
If you’re thinking about going, please email me (email@example.com) or let me know in the comments.
AAA TV (FRI) 08/02/2013 Gimnasio Juan De La Barrera [AAA, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Steve Pain b Flamita, Lucky Boy, Niño de Ébano
Moved to the opener. Pain & Carta got the pins.
2) Faby Apache, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata b Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie
Moved to the segunda. Faby submitted Mamba. Cuervo (who had been watching the mach) ran in post match and stole a kiss from Faby, who was not happy about it.
3) Alan Stone, El Elegido, Toscano DQ Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz
Scoria fouled Toscano for the DQ. Secta beat up Mirreyes after the match.
4) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider b Daga & Psicosis [AAA TAG]
Lider did a double stomp off the first barricade to put Psicosis in a table. Psicosis wrestled unmasked. Mexican Powers kept the titles in the first defense.
5) Electroshock, Heavy Metal, Jack Evans b Chessman, Parka Negra, Texano Jr.
Heavy Metal replaced Fenix, who appeared on the show to explain he was hurt.
6) Cibernético b el Hijo del Perro Aguayo
Seconds were Daga and Cuervo. La Secta and Perros del Mal (including Eita) all got involved and Cibernetico got the win this time. La Secta declared they no longer wanted to be followers, attacking Cibernetico. Perro Jr. tried to make the save, but the Secta took out him and his men. Joe Lider ran in, but was thrown thru a table. Faby Apache ran out and was attacked. Jack Evans, Heavy Metal and (maybe?) Mesias were finally able to run off La Secta.
Air Date: 08/10 and 08/17
La Secta have turned on Cibernetico before. Way back in 2006, they and Mesias and betrayed an injured Cibernetico in what led to Cibernetico’s first tecnico run as leader of the Hell Brothers. La Secta also later turned on Mesias, also declaring then they no longer wanted to be followers – but then soundly were trounced by Mesias for a few months. The real goal there was to set up Mesias’ own big tecnico run and Cuervo, Ozz, Escoria and Espiritu were used as fodder. Those four have often been used as midcard guys to lose to main event guys, so it’s tough believe they’ll be taken seriously this time. They do seem to be off to a good start this time, laying waste to a lot of people and being the centerpiece of the card. It looks like the Ozz/Daga feud might have been part of a larger plan to give at least Ozz some notable wins leading up to this. La Secta are not on the next taping, so it’ll be some time before we see how this goes.
One thing we can see now: those new La Secta t-shirts look great.
Perro was dripping blood in the main event. That seems unpleasant.
Billy el Malo used similar “I don’t want any more leaders” language in his promo; I’m not sure if we’re supposed to be making a connection. There was no sign of him on this show, maybe because there was no Fenix in action. Fenix posted on Twitter that he missed the show due to a foot injury (believed to be suffered on Thursday’s Naucalpan show catching a Bugamabilia dive) and he had the foot bandaged while on crutches (which of course everyone wanted to use.) Fenix also said he had to be 1000% for something that’s happening in September; my understanding is it’s something that’s not directly AAA related, but if you remember things Fenix has been very excited about before, you can probably figure this one out.
Tag title match sounds like the crazy brawl it always is. They used mouse traps, as part of the increasingly dumb violence.
It looks like the upper most level/ring of seats were empty (not sold), but the other areas of the building were very full. Much better attendance than other promotions running shows here. Maybe AAA should come ‘home’ more than once every three years, people clearly miss them.
It appears Eterno wrestled the match with a skull cap.
Joaquin Roldan got a surprise birthday cake after the semimain. No angle.
Next taping is 08/16 in Queretaro.