Are the TripleMania 9 matches any good? Otherwise, I’ll just blow thru the show tommorow with times only.
CMLL (FRI) 10/21 Arena Mexico Results [box y lucha]
1) Bam Bam & Mini Olimpico b Pierrothito & Mini Violencia
2) Sagrado, Texano, Maximo b Masada, Loco Max, Nitro
3) Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hector Garza, Terrible b Universo 2000, Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero
Ovaciones was down on this match.
4) Atlantis, Jado, Gedo b Dr. Wagner, Dos Caras Jr., Hijo de Lizmark
5) Mistico, El Hijo del Santo, Negro Casas b Mr. Aguila, Damian 666, Halloween
CMLL.com pushes a feud between Mistico and Mr. Aguila.
CMLL (SUN) 10/23 Arena Coliseo Results [box y lucha]
1) Rayo Tapatios I & II, Zetta b Artillero, Zayko, Cobalto
2) Hooligan, Guerrero del Futuro, Apocalipsis b Kronos, Valiente, Danger
3) Lizmark, Safari, Brazo de Oro b Emilio Charles Jr., Hijo de Pierroth, Canek Jr.
4) Mistico, Dos Caras Jr., Negro Casas, Black Warrior DQ Ultimo Guerrero, Olimpico, Jado, Gedo
Jado and Gedo are reported to look good in the lucha style. Ultimo had a chance to win, but decided to low blow Black Warrior instead. Huh.
5) Rey Bucanero b Heavy Metal
Metal had taped ribs. Rey uses the ropes for the final pin.
According to KrisZ, both Electroshock (jump to CMLL) and Intocable (spinal injury) have returned to action in AAA. I’d assume this means Lady Apache should turn back up there as well. The CMLL crowd (and likely, some of the office) turned on Elektro pretty quick, he and didn’t appear to be getting high profile indy bookings, so this was just a matter of time. Intocable’s outlook was upgraded a few days after he was initially told never to wrestle again, but this is still an awful quick recovery.
Puroresu Fan says CMLL is in negotiations with NJPW to bring in Brock Lesnar. That’d be interesting. I have no idea who you’d choose to face him (too bad Porky’s gone) or how to work it at all, but I’d like to see them try.
On Saturday, Arkangel did an interview in Ovaciones, a little bit bemoaning his lack of publicity. Good reason to do an interview. He challenge Mistico to a title match, hoping to take a little air out of his balloon and pointing out he’s defended the title against the same guy most of the time. Ark’s 17 year old son was with him; he’s proud of his father’s wrestling but doesn’t plan on going into it.
Mascara Sagrada is supposed to have a press conference today to talk about his ownership of that name.
Another Texano tribute show will take place on 11/17 in Arena Coliseo. As mentioned last week, he’s back in the hospital – the articles seem to indicate it’s because of a relapse, and not the get the additional surgery he had mentioned.
El Hijo del Diablo will be facing El Hijo del Santo for masks in Tijuana, date to be announced. Devil versus Saint, seems fair enough.
Veneno, Bestia Salvaje, and Masada will be in the 11/03 IWRG 10 Man loser loses mask/hair match. Two more people will put their hair up, and five will put up their masks.
CMLL (MON) 10/24 Arena Puebla Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Fenix & Kirvan vs La Mafia & Black Master
2) Bobby Jack, Tarahumara, Ares el Guerrero vs Furia Chicana, Fuerza Chicana, Mr. Rafaga
3) Lestat, Tigre Rojo, Batman vs Siki Osama, Skandalo, Kraven
4) Mascara Sagrada, Black Warrior, La Mascara vs Rey Bucanero, Averno, Mephisto
5) Mistico, Dos Caras Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Atlantis, Mascara Ano 2000, Universo 2000
Indy (MON) 10/24 Saol Paraiso, Capulhuac, EdM Lineup [box y lucha]
2) Caricia & Freezer vs Sexy Primavera & Gatubelo
3) Dark Angel & Sareth vs Luna Magica & Lady Sensacion
4) La Parkita, Tzuky, Orito vs Mini Cadaver de Ultratumba, Mini Kahoz, Sombrita
5) Mascara Sagrada, Mr. Niebla, Felino vs Emilio Chalres Jr., Scorpio, Kahoz
CMLL (TUE) 10/25 Arena Coliseo Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Mini Olimpico & Bractio de Oro vs Fire & Sombrita
2) Leono, Dnager, Molotov vs Ramstein, Super Comando, Artillero
3) Texano Jr., Pantera, Tony Rivera vs Loco Max, Hooligan, Arkangel
4) Satanico, Lizmark, Black Warrior vs Olimpico, Hijo de Pierroth, Emilio Charles Jr.
5) Dos Caras Jr., Hijo de Lizmark, Blue Panther vs Pierrth, Averno, Mephisto
CMLL (TUE) 10/25 Arena Aficion Lineup
4) Mistico & Dr. Wagner vs Ultimo Guerrero & Atlantis
AAA (WED) 10/26 Cancha Perinorte Papagayo, Acapulco Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Diabolo Rojo I & II vs Manimal & Astro Nave
2) Platino Jr. & Oso Panda vs Roy Roice & Kidman
3) Tiffany & Esterllita vs May Flowers & Polvo de Estrellas [men vs women]
4) Brazo, ??, Histeria vs Psicosis, Mosco de la Merced, ?
5) La Parka Jr., Octagon vs Abismo Negro & Cibernetico
AAA (THU) 10/27 Deportivo San Pedro Iztacalco Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Angel de los Ninos & Platino vs Hipnosis & Brazo Jr.
2) Tigre Tatuado, Furor, Black Shadow Jr. vs Black Pistol, Poderoso, Hormiga
3) Brazo, Pegasso, Raiden, vs Scoria, Ozz, ?
4) Shocker, Zorro, Mascara Sagarada Jr. vs ABismo Negro, Charly Manson, Pirata Morgan
IWRG (THU) 10/27 Arena Naucalpan Lineup [box y lucha]
2) Antaris & Freesbe vs Black Jaguar & Super Colot
3) Star Boy, Avisman, Panterita vs JdA (Pirata Morgan Jr., Nemesis, Kaleth)
4) surprise match
5) Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Head Hunter, Bestia Salvaje vs Hijo de Lizmark, Dos Caras Jr., Sagrado
CMLL (FRI) 10/28 Arena Mexico Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Bam Bam & Ultimo Dragoncito vs Mini Violencia & Sombria
2) Sagrado, Virus, Metro vs Dr.X, Mr. Mexico, Loco Max
Thanks for the correction.
3) Heavy Metal, Felino, Maximo vs Jado, Okumura, Loco Max
4) Hijo del Santo, Negro Casas, La Mascara, Volador Jr., Misterioso II, Hombre Sin Nombre, Averno, Jado [LdP, Block A]
5) Ultimo 2000, Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hector Garza, Terrible
No sign of Tarzan, again.
AAA (FRI) 10/28 Pista el Molinito [box y lucha]
1) Kraven & Mini Deomino vs Mini Rebelde & Violento
2) Locky Master vs Sadico
3) Ultimo Gladiador, Terry 2000, Sexy Boy vs Judas El Traidor, Misterio, Sepulturero
Judas (the Traitor) really can’t ever be a tecnico, can he? That’d be tough.
4) Apache & Diabolica vs Billy Boy & Estrellita
5) Shocker & Alebrije vs Cibernetico & Monsther
X-LAW (FRI) 10/28 Auditorio de Tijuana Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Diabolo & X Throm vs Thunder Mask & Dementor
2) Extasis & Thunder Bird vs Bino Gambino & Alex Pincheck [mexico vs usa]
3) Venum Black & Inferno vs TJ Boy & Arandu [for held up tag titles?]
4) Dr. Wagner vs LA Park vs Rey Mysterio Sr. vs Elektro [copa de Auditorio de Tijuana]
AAA (SAT) 10/29 Salon Caracoles, Naucalpan Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Ciclon Oriental vs Formula
2) Signo Jr. & Profecia vs Melodico & Desastre 2000
3) Estrellita & La Parkita vs Lady Maldad & Mini Psicosis
4) Kumbia Kids (Yessy & Javi) vs Black Family (Cuervo, Ozz)
5) Luzbel, Mascara Sagrada Jr., Brazo vs Pirata Morgan, Mosco de la Merced, Pentagon
CMLL (SAT) 10/29 Arena Xochimiloc Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Samurai & Electron vs Narcosatanicos I & II
2) Sahora & India Sioux vs La Nazi & Hiroka
3) Metro, Sagrado, Safari vs Hooligan, Loco Max, Andy Barrow
4) Villano III & Villano IV vs Brazo de Oro & Brazo de Platino vs Signo & Negro Navarro
5) Mistico, Dr. Wagner Jr., Dos Caras Jr vs Perro Aguayo Jr., Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero
CMLL (SAT) 10/29 Plaza de Toros Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Arana Jr. & Flechador del Sol vs Vertigo & Bisonte
2) Zorro Gris & Dragon vs Euforia & Zooku
3) Skandalo & Impacto vs Batman & Robin
4) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Mistico vs Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero
The show above starts 45 minutes later and has one extra match, so I guess they’ll be taking a quick trip.
CMLL (SAT) 10/29 Cancha de Beisbol, Acapulco Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Destroyer & Emperador vs Estruendo & Damian el Inmortal
2) Tzuky & Ultimo Dragonicto vs Espectrito & Mini Violencia
3) Amapola & Lady Warrior vs Marcela & Sahora
4) La Mascara, Maximo, Volador Jr. vs Arkangel, Averno, Mepshito
5) Atlantis, LA Park, Lizmark Jr. vs Hector Garza, Tarzan Boy, Terrible
CMLL (SUN) 10/30 Arena Coliseo Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Sombra de Plata & Rayo Tapatio I vs Polvora & Vaquero
2) Neutron, Kronos, Trueno vs Flecha, Jeque, Guerrero del Futuro
3) Virus, Brazo de Oro, Crazy Boy vs Mr. Mexico, Hooligan, Apocalipsis
4) Lizmark, Felino, Safari vs Olimpico, Averno, Mephisto
5) Dos Caras Jr., Hijo de Lizmark, Black Warrior vs Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Halloween
CMLL (SUN) 10/30 Arena Guadalajara Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Rockero vs Flama
2) Metro & Idolo vs Mr. Power &Y Depredador
3) Stucky vs Malefico
4) Tigre Metlaico, Tigre Blanco, Leon Blanco vs Veneno, Dr. X, Magnum
5) Brazo de Plata, Satanico, Rayman vs Terrible, Emilio Charles, Cien Caras Jr.
Hmmm. Dunno what it means.
IWRG (SUN) 10/30 Arena Naucalpan Lineup [box y lucha]
2) Mr. Libra & Antaris vs Fantasma de la Opera & Super Colt
3) Suicida, Star Boy, Marco Rivera vs JdA (Pirata Morgan, Nemesis, Kaleth)
4) Masada, Okumura, Enterrador 2000 vs Corporaction (Besita Salvaje, Pantera, Veneno)
5) Hijo de Lizmakr, Sagrado, Misterioso vs Atlantis, Blue Demon, Scorpio Jr.
ABREU (SUN) 10/30 Centro Civico Chamizal Lineup [box y lucha]
4) La Mascara & Misterioso II vs Nitro & Sangre Azteca
5) Mistico & Dr. Wagner vs Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero
Given I missed two matches trying to find parking and most of another waiting in line for popcorn (at that point, the only thing I’d eaten that day was peanut M&Ms, so it was a necessary sacrifice), the lucha show last night at Congress was really fun. The SWAT/Mascarita vs Mini Charly Manson/Guerrerito del Futuro was okay, but really the LA Park/Tinieblas vs Dr. Wagner/Elektro match was awesome and totally worth the ticket alone. Heck, ChicagoPD could’ve given me a ticket for illegally parking in a permit area and it would’ve been worth that ticket too. Awesome. Park and Wagner stole the show (really, they could’ve put in any two other guys instead of their AAA partners; the ref was a bigger highlight than them); Wagner was the rudo so the crowd did boo him, and it worked out great that way.
I’ll skip the full show report and leave that to, you know, someone who actually saw the whole show. Unless they were doing some sort of guerilla film making and hiding the cameras, I don’t believe this show was taped. Too bad.
I think I settled on a 1750 attendance. That’s pretty good for a show with a minimal amount of posters, maybe a show on a low power (and not on cable) TV show, mostly getting the word out mouth to mouth (maybe they did Spanish language radio ads? They’ve done them in the past but there were no signs for a station at the show.) It could’ve been higher than that, but I feel pretty safe
I think I’m Mistico and Santo away from seeing everyone currently in Mexican lucha I really really want to see. What’s the list? Rey, Ultimo, Wagner, Park, Shocker, Porky, Felino, Virus, both Misteriosos, Nicho – plus more guys I didn’t mind seeing like Demon, Pierroth, Hijo de Pierroth, Super Parka, Rey Mysterio Sr., Mil Mascaras and Universo. I keep thinking I’ve seen Negro but I can’t remember when – maybe I need to see him again to be sure.
Next show was announced as 11/27, with Halloween, Damian, Blue Demon, Mascara Sagrada, Villano III, and Super Porky. My schedule for the couple weeks around that date is up in the air, but I hope I get to go.
They went backwards, to an episode I didn’t know actually aired.
05/26/01 Pirata Morgan LOST Cobarde & Sangre Chicana [3, chain, hair] – TripleMania 8
05/26/01 Latin Lover b Hector Garza, Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Heavy Metal – TripleMania 8
05/04/05 Pegasso & Chivas Rayadas I & II b Los Diabolics
05/04/05 Angel, Zorro, Intocable b Hator, Histeria, Juvi
Konnan offers a spot in the LLL to any man who can beat him. They can’t.
Pena comes out to yell at them, and to reveal a Shocker shirt. Shocker debuts. Shocker talks. No one fights.
05/04/05 La Parka, Electro Shock, Vampiro DQ Konnan, Cibernetico, Charly Manson
Shocker runs in, teases turning on Vampiro, and attacks the LLL before he and Vampiro have a standoff. The rest of AAA seems okay with him. Everyone ends either joining the LLL outside or AAA inside the ring, but it’s just more talk. LLL leaves. Pena talks. They tease the Shocker/Vampiro handshake forever. Shocker wants to, Vampiro’s not so high on the idea. Meanwhile, LLL destroys part of the scenery. Lots of talking. Finally ah handshake hug, and then they go run after LLL.
while I’m surfing WWE.com, there was something else which caught my eye.
They’ve got a story about some guy from Germany who they’re giving a tryout to next time thru the UK, and maybe a development contract if he does well, based on an online application. That idea surely has no flaws. Anyway,
The response to the United Kingdom tryouts was so overwhelming that WWE has chosen to start accepting applications from fans in the United States. Some of the cities WWE plans on holding tryouts in include Pittsburgh, Daytona Beach, Mexico City and Buffalo, among others.
Besides learning the US has annexed Mexico City, the great thing here is just picturing how this is going to work. Most everyone is going to be doing things the lucha way, and the few who aren’t are going to be trying to do it a ROH or a High Spot Rific way. These tryouts have absolutely no chance of working out well, and I’d pay money to see it.
That was something. He was still funny eating ham. But I don’t know if it’ll last as long as, say, the bWo. Hope he didn’t burn bridges.
If the segment didn’t give you the impression the whole concept was stupid to be entirely the idea of the idiot network guy, perhaps noticing WWE.com has changed the news story about the formation of the division will do it. It’s now Palmer Canon (one n; did they just change it, or is no one who’s supposed to be paying attention to these things actually doing it?) who gets off the memorable “Midgets, dwarves, the little people; they’re all welcome.” line.
I can’t explain why my thoughts turned this direction, but I was wondering what y’all thought: Who’s better, Tarzan Boy or Abismo Negro? Leave a comment.
(My thoughts after the link.)
Luchas2000 (TUE) 10/20 Arena Coliseo Lineup [box y lucha]
23rd Anniversary Show for el Hijo del Santo
1) Antaris, Zorro Gris, Gran Cuchillo, Vampiro Metalico b Barones Siniestros I & II, Euforia, Zoku
2) Dr. Karonte, Principe Odin, Luzbel b Galante, Apolo Chino II, Condor Azul [10min, one fall]
3) Marcela & Sahora b Amapola & India Sioux
4) Aguila Solitaria, Pantera, Ciclon Ramirez b Destructores (Vulcano, Tony Arce, Tocco Valente
5) Hijo del Cobarde, Kato Kung Lee, Super Parka, Silver King b Cuchillo, Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Espanto, Scorpio Jr.
6) Hijo del Santo, Mil Mascaras, Blue Panther, Villano III b Hijo del Cobarde, Kato Kung Lee, Super Parka, Silver King
Santo got many gifts, including a giant painting of the silver mask. Santo sent well wishes to El Texano, who’s back in the hospital.
Usually Arena Mexico preview
- Triple Main Event
- Santo teaming with Mistico
- Jado and Gedo return to Mexico
- Universo & GdI vs Perros; Tarzan nowhere to be found
- New Mexican trios champions are all together, working a nontitle match.
- Mini Pierroth is supposed to be working the opener.
On Box Y Lucha’s forum, there’s a picture of next week’s Acapulco poster. What’s with Terrible’s hair? Is that a beret?
I started watching TripleMania last night (expect a recap tonight or Saturday), and I’ve gotten as far as the Vampiro/Konnan intros. Valiant tecnico cornerman Antonio Pena made me tap out. Anyway, as the ultimate representation of all AAA is 2005, it’s only missing a spot fest, and a man/women/midget match. It’s sure got the internal match logic down.
I was thinking the other day about the time gap on CMLL shows. I know there’s plenty of good matches in the queue. I also know there are some lame matches, and the delay is stretching on forever. At this point, I’d prefer skipping them all rather than dealing with the delay longer. I could easily pick and choose tapes of what I wanted to see (and I’d still be okay with it if I can’t.)
If you’re like me, and the delay is annoying you just as much, then AAA turning back up is the worst news possible. When they’ve stopped airing CMLL in the past, they’ve just kept the tapes neatly ordered up, and picked up from where they left off. (That’s the origin of this delay – from picking up after lucha stopped airing on Gala, and from picking up after the AAA-only section.)
In AAA’s case, they did skip a taping from what we’ve last seen. Wacky theory: they didn’t receive the tape (or any tape) as scheduled last time they were airing AAA, so that’s why they switched back. We’re actually picking up within a week of the expected CMLL show, not any close to being current. If Alfredo’s listings are complete, we will (somehow) be moving faster thru time with AAA, since there’s about one taping a month. Based off those tape listings, I’ve created an Yet To Air – AAA list of it’s own, so you can plan out how things will go, if they stick with AAA.
Saturday: Split feed, but only the West Coast feed is affected. Weird group of matches; you’ve got Shocker’s match off a TNA PPV, a match from last week’s Triplemania, highlights of a match from last YEAR’s TripleMania, a trios match with the tecnicos all working under dual identities, and Nicho last match with the company as they swap Histeria in his place for the identity feud with Psicosis II.
Sunday: Perro Aguayo Sr in a hair match! Yea.
You are currently browsing the archives.