DTU (SAT) 11/23/2013 Deportivo Benito Juarez, Distrito Federal [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) Kalibus, Rey Estampida, Tacubo b Ángel de la Noche, Corey, Hellboy
Rey Estampdia replaced Chica Ye-Ye against the trainee team.
2) Crazy King & Miedo Extremo b Hacker & Masivo and Artikus & Lanzeloth and Ave Fenix & Jhonky
3) Chik Tormenta & Comando Negro b Black Fire & Davinha
Davinha replaced Keira.
4) Black Terry & Centvrión DDQ Paranoiko & Slayer Pack
Terry and Paranoiko were eliminated, but both interfered to help their students and the ref DQed everyone.
5) Jinzo b Kaleth and Ángel del Misterio and Rey Celestial and Pequeno Cobra and Drastik Boy and Black Thunder and Crazy Boy
Jinzo beat Angel del Misterio. Black Thunder replaced Sadico.
6) Negro Navarro & Trauma I b Aeroboy & Violento Jack
Story of the match was the Navarros won but Aeroboy & Violento Jack showed they could wrestler without light tubes.
7) Cíclope & X-Fly b Ángel o Demonio & Ovett
Lots of blood. Porros had the match won, but the rest of Los Macizos ran in to help Ciclope get the win.
DTU announced their final three shows of the year will be 11/30 in Polideportivo Xonaca in Puebla, 12/03 in Arena Aficion (the two shows with Joey Ryan & Roderick Strong) and 12/21 in Arena Lopez Mateos for the DTU 6th Anniversary show (S6eis). Judging from the finish here and the Tercera Caida interview earlier this week, there will probably be a Porros vs Los Macizos match.
CMLL (SUN) 11/24/2013 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Molotov & Sensei b Akuma & Zayco
Tecncios took 1/3.
2) Oro Jr., Soberano Jr., Starman b Artillero, Canelo Casas, Súper Comando
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Fuego, Magnus, Pegasso DQ Boby Zavala, Namajague, Sangre Azteca
Magnus replaced Sagrado. Tecnicos took 1/3, rudos pulling Pegasso’s mask for the DQ.
4) Gran Guerrero b Tritón [lightning]
Gran Guerrero got the win.
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas b Diamante Azul, Sagrado, Thunder
Rudos took 2/3. Sagrado replaces Super Porky.
6) Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Titán b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Straight falls. Rudos ripped up Titan’s mask in the first, then Titan rallied back to beat Mephisto and Averno again. Titan challenged for the title once more, and Averno accepted (though it was unclear when the match would occur.)
I did not watch any of this show, but the main event sounded good and Titan/Averno’s date clearer this evening.
Brazo de Plata rarely misses shows (which is really surprising when you think of his size and likely injuries after a long career.) Could be related to the Brazo show issues, but don’t really know.
CMLL (SUN) 11/24/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) El Yaqui & Relampago Azul b Explosivo & Índigo
Rudos took 2/3.
2) El Hippie I & El Hippie II b Demonio Rojo & Jocker
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Demonio Maya, Exterminador, Ráfaga b Javier Cruz Jr., León Blanco, Virgo
Javier Cruz Jr. replaced Halcon de Plata. Rudos took 2/3.
4) Black Metal, Leo, Stuka Jr. b Bárbaro Cavernario, Magnum, Maléfico
Stuka replaced Gallo, Barbaro replaced Espectrum. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Rush, Súper Popular, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Rush replaced Stuka and took falls 1/3 to win the match. Rush beat Rey Escorpion to set up a title match next week.
Rush goes from not even being on the show to being set up for a title match next week. Hmmm.
Pentagon I made an appearance at the show, probably just the usual bit of talking about his life and selling DVDs.
AAA’s TV show did not air this Saturday on GalaTV Mexico. It looked like it was on the schedule at one point, but AAA announced earlier in the afternoon it would not air. There doesn’t appear to be any special reason it didn’t air. AAA did say it would air on the regional broadcast as well as UTDN. This happened last back in August and the UTDN/Regional show was new the week of the pre-emption, then a repeat the following week. It appears the same will happen here, since AAA mentioned Queretaro would start airing next week.
The UTDN version of last week’s show did go up on AAA’s YouTube page yesterday.
Psyco Ripper explains the name is because of the United States of America. He says he still can use the name in Mexico, but AAA has trademarked the character in the US and AAA sued CMLL in the US over Psicosis appearing on their TV shows in the US. (That seems possible but I’m not sure how it would actually work since CMLL itself isn’t in the US. Maybe they could sue the TV companies?) Psyco Ripper changed the parts of his look that are specifically trademarked by AAA and hopes the new look will give him better luck.
Fuego en el Ring talks to Rey Cometa about his injury, saying he’ll be out six weeks. That’s two weeks longer than CMLL Gaceta had said and makes it a closer call for FantasticaMania. He still should make it as long as there’s not another timeline update, but he’ll be missed for a while.
The five way flyers match, Rey Cometa vs Impulso and Belial vs Ricky Marvin all aired on the Tercera Caida ChilangaMask special today.
Video of EAW in Mexicali shows a big building with almost no one in it, to the surprie of no one. I don’t know what exactly the deal is with EAW, but it sure comes off as a front for something shady.
SuperLuchas #514 teases the ends of the Perros del Mal and Hijo del Santo. You know, the Perros del Mal store has been running a couple of sales the last couple of months that look like foreshadowing now.
El Pulpo won Black Machine’s mask in Tijuana. That was the first match on record of anyone named Black Machine in Tijuana (though there was one in Los Angeles.)
Sombra actually got the pinfall today in NJPW, and was way over with the crowd. He was cheered strongly in Tokyo too. I hope he doesn’t get used to this and not want to come back to Arena Mexico.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Eric R watches the 11/09 Lucha Azteca show, sees Thunder for the first time.
Ohtani’s Jacket writes about two matches from 1992, including Dos Caras vs Canek.
CMLL (SUN) 12/01/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Fantasy & Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Silueta vs La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
3) Fuego, Sagrado, Tritón vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Puma, Shigeo Okumura
4) La Máscara, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Sangre Azteca, Terrible, Vangellys
5) Máximo, Mistico, Thunder vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) Averno vs Titán [MEX WELTER]
Averno is champion. Second defense.
Arena Coliseo means no barricade for Titan to be knocked out on. Averno will have to come up with something else evil. Titan is part of FantasticaMania. Averno is not. May mean something here, may not.
Barbaro Cavernario returns in the tercera. Women’s match could be good.