taped 2013-04-02 @ Arena Mexico
Read the rest of this entry »
CMLL (MON) 05/06/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular]
1) Meyer & Tigre Rojo b Ares & El Malayo
Tiger Rojo submitted Ares.
2) Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus b Camaleón, Höruz, Magnus
Horuz returned from his knee injury, and Taurus wrestled as normal (regardless of anyone else he might be.) Taurus beat Magnus with the Toroslam.
3) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit b Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica
Rudas all submitted the tecnicas.
4) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Thunder b Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Azul pinned Bucanero, then challenged him to a mask vs hair match. Bucanero declined, explaining Arena Puebla wasn’t good enough for a match of that stature. Fans were not thrilled.
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Tecnicos are listed as Los Cadetes del Aire. Rudos jumped the tecnicos, but the tecnicos rallied 2/3. Mistico used La Mistica to pin Mephisto.
It’s very possible the tecnico trio is supposed to be Los Cadetes del Aire, only they didn’t know that on Sunday. It is CMLL.
An Azul vs Bucanero apuesta match would be something. Puebla is due an Anniversary match, though I’m not sure that’s one they’d be thrilled by. Rey Bucanero has a long history of being demolished.
While CMLL says they don’t know how long Nakamura is around, NJPW says he’s in Mexico from May 11 to June 12. Nakamura’s been moved into the main event, taking Mr. Niebla’s place (with Kraneo subbed in to the semimain.) Rush is on the other side of the main event, and Rush vs Nakamura for the NJPW IC title sometime in the next four weeks seems very likely.
Mima Shimoda returns to CMLL on Friday, replacing Zeuxis. (Finals?)
AAA’s show on UTDN is being bumped back to 9 pm on Thursdays.
Milanito Collection AT and Kenbai from Japan (Michinoku Pro & Big Japan?) have been added to the ChilangaMask show next weekend. They’re part of the opener multiman match. The story is they’re coming to Mexico anyway to train with Negro Navarro but they’re starting on this show. Both are former Toryumon Mexico trainees. The mini Milano was around from 2004-2006.
Kenbai was around at times from 2005 to 2009, including working as a CMLL regular for the last stretch under the name Pequeno Ninja. (He also lost his hair to Demus 3:16 in his unmasked identity.) (Edit: Nope, the site I looked at was wrong.)
Recaps of Sunday’s IWRG show (Estrellas del Ring/IWRG, The Gladiatores) mention explain Carta Brava won the first fall of the double title title match, Dinamic Black won the second, and they were both pinned on a tapatia like submission. The commissioner gave them the okay for a fourth fall, Carta pulled Dinamic Black’s mask, but Dinamic Black cradled him anyway for the win.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update and Alfredo’s review of the UIPW LA show this past weekend.
Bill has highlights of 04/21/2013 CMLL.
Lucha Libre in Japan
NJPW announced the blocks and schedule for everyone in their BOSJ tournament. We don’t care about everyone, we care about Titan. This is Titan’s schedule:
05/22: pre tournament tag match – Titan & Barreta vs BUSHI & Hirmou Takahashi
05/26: vs Barreta
05/28: vs Hiromu Takahashi
05/30: vs Liger
06/01: vs Taichi
06/02: vs Ricochet
06/03: vs Alex Shelley
06/04: vs Prince Devitt
06/06: vs Rocky Romero06/09: semifinals/final (or non tournament action)
NJPW invites a CMLL luchador into these tournaments twice a year, the CMLL luchador gets off to a great start (to build credibility) and then starts losing every single match. This looks like more of the same, it’s just a matter of figuring out where Titan goes over the top of the mountain peak and falls down the cliff on the other side. The CMLL luchador usually beats Liger in BOSJ, so he’s at least making it that far. Titan also has his off show to start the tour, not to end it, so his match with Romero will probably mean something on the final day. That’s different from recent tournaments.
The top two from this block advance. Prince Devitt, the Junior Heavyweight champion, is surely one of the two. Takahashi is a novato and will be happy to get one win. Everyone else is about the same level and the second spot is in play. I’d guess Ricochet is going to advance, but NJPW didn’t book fellow Dragon Gate wrestler PAC strong last year. (Though there were obviously other circumstances.) Shelley would be an interesting pick, but he’s probably headed back to a tag title rematch against Romero and his partner might win the other block. This is Barreta’s debut here and there’s no idea how NJPW sees him. Liger is Liger. Titan has an actual shot. (I am a fool.)
If we’re going to dream the next NJPW PPV is 06/22 and the winner of this would likely get a shot against Prince Devitt on that show.
- Canek & Canek Jr. are headed to WWL, which I guess means there’s a second WWL show.
- Eterno & Danny Casas talk about their title match, and Carta Brava Jr. talks about his upcoming AAA appearances.
- AAA has their full interview with La Jarochita.
- A video interview with Rossy Moreno.
- An amateur photography lucha libre exhibit is opening in Tulancingo.
- Hijo del Medico Asesino. says he did not speak English when he was signed by the WWE. That is still the most mysterious developmental signing.
- Dorian Roldan liked this video on Axel vs Hijo del Santo.
- This picture of an old El Santo Box Y Lucha cover reminds me it was very cool when the Box Y Lucha site used to have 100s of them up. If someone wants an easy luchawiki project, collecting old covers and putting them up on the wiki so everyone could flip thru them would be nice.
CMLL (SUN) 05/12/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío & Explosivo vs El Yaki & Relampago Azul
2) Black Metal, Javier Cruz, Virgo vs Espectrum, Infierno, Jocker
3) Esfinge, Leo, Smaker vs Exterminador, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Stuka Jr. vs Ráfaga
5) Diamante Azul & Thunder vs Comandante Pierroth & Mephisto
A struggle or a main event.
No idea if that’s a new Explosivo. Yaki and Tapatio haven’t been around much either; it’s almost like the dummy opener matches they rarely used to announce in Mexico City, when the card was going to be changed after another match was made.
CMLL (MON) 05/13/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano & Black Tiger vs Espiritu Maligno & Fuerza Chicana
2) Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Stukita vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Diamante, Sagrado, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Diamante Azul, Super Porky, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Four times for the new tecnico trio to be teamed up! It’s like they’re a real team. (Four real teams on this show!)
Guadalajara feed was not working this weekend. Puebla feed is still not working. SLP sound was so messed up (on broadcast) that I didn’t even bother trying to fix it. I’ve added the two Terra matches I missed from last week.
YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7Qybqq3XOr3Z-kf2GVqL04l
CMLL on Terra: 2013-04-28
taped 2013-04-28 @ Arena Mexico
1) Eléctrico, Pequeño Halcón, Stukita vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
2) Fuego, Pegasso, Tritón vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
La Luchas: 2013-04-30
taped 2013-03-05 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Starman & Stigma vs Nitro & Ráfaga
2) Diamante, Fuego, Tritón vs Raziel, Sangre Azteca, Skándalo
3) Bárbaro Cavernario vs Esfinge for the Occidente Middleweight Championship
4) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Hijo del Fantasma vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
AAA on Televisa: 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-20 @ Estadio Beisborama, Córdoba, Veracruz
Mexican Powers Comic Book Part 3
1) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider vs Eterno & Último Gladiador
2) Cibernético, Cuervo, Escoria vs Daga, Halloween, Psicosis
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-28 @ Arena Mexico
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nomx6s
1) Estrellita vs Amapola in a lightning match
2) Diamante Azul, Rush, Shocker vs Euforia, Negro Casas, Niebla Roja
3) Mistico vs Volador Jr.
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-30 @ Arena Mexico
1) Camaleón & Sensei vs Apocalipsis & Inquisidor
2) Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Stukita vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Valiente vs Namajague, Puma, Virus
History: Santo vs Espanto I
4) Rey Escorpión vs Stuka Jr. for the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Shocker vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-26 @ Arena Mexico
1) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Felino, Mephisto – shorter version of match from Televisa
2) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Rush vs Terrible, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
3) Atlantis & Hombre Bala Jr. vs Boby Zavala & Rey Escorpión in a CMLL Gran Alternativa Tournament final match
CMLL on Televisa: 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-26 @ Arena Mexico
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pcyxar
1) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Ephesto, Felino, Mephisto - longer version than Fox
2) Rey Cometa vs Namajague, hair vs hair
La Lucha Se Le Hace (SLP): 2013-05-04
taped 2013-04-28 @ Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqj545
1) Acero Negro & El Uniko vs Alma Roja & Tomahawk (slp)
2) El Baron vs Rayo De Plata IV in a bull terrier (chain) match
3) Sabu Jr. vs El Galeno
4) Rayo De Plata Jr. vs America
CMLL on Terra: 2013-05-05
taped 2013-05-05 @ Arena Coliseo
Full Show: http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/HNNVLAAG/#!20130505cmllterra.avi
1) Bengala & Robin vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Herodes Jr.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000
3) Pegasso, Sagrado, Tritón vs Morphosis, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
4) Ángel de Oro vs Felino in a lightning match
5) Diamante Azul, Máximo, Rush vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión vs Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-05-05
Full Show: http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/0JT4MYQ7/#!20130505nochesdecoliseo_full.avi
taped 2013-04-30 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Iron Man & Spider Man vs Tokio Lee & Venom
taped 2013-04-14 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
2) Shocker & Símbolo vs Brazo de Plata & Neurosis in a relevos increíbles match
taped 2013-04-30 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
3) Super Nino I & Super Nino II vs Gemelo Muerte I & Gemelo Muerte II
4) Angel Dorado Jr., Blackman Jr., Kato Kung Lee Jr., Kendo Star Jr. vs Genocida, Iron (Monterrey), Memo Valles, Zayco (Monterrey)
Todo x El Todo: 2013-05-05
taped 2013-04-27 @ Gimnasio Juan De La Barrera
1) Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan Jr. vs Golden Magic & Poseidón (Laguna)
2) Esther Moreno & Rossy Moreno vs Chik Tormenta & Diosa Maya
3) Súper Muñeco, Súper Pinocho, Súper Ratón vs Black Terry, Scorpio Jr., Shu el Guerrero
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-05-09
taped 2013-04-20 @ Estadio Beisborama, Córdoba, Veracruz
2) Alan Stone, El Elegido, Toscano vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
DTU (SAT) 05/04/2013 Autolavado VM, Tulancingo, Hidalgo [La Copa]
1) Kandy & Zusu Divine b Jc Maclean & Letty Star
2) Miedo Extremo b Artikus and Arsenal and Corazon Latino and Koreli
3) Drastik Boy b Black Fire, Lanzeloth, Mazivo, Pequeno Cobra, Rocky Lobo [DTU AI]
Drastick Boy is champion, first defense by defeating Rocky Lobo.
4) Niño Hamburguesa & Slayer b Hacker & Kaleth and Hard Man & Jhonki [chairs]
5) Demente Extreme b Cíclope, Hormiga, Paranoiko, Super Mega, X-Fly [DTU Ultraviolento, #1 Contenders]
Dement Xtreme earns a shot at Pesadilla by beating Super Mega. Ciclope earlier beat Paranoiko, and Hormiga and X-Fly attacked Nino Hamburguesa during the match.
NICE (SUN) 05/05/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania Monterrey]
1) Dulce Canela & Larry Miranda Jr. b La Bandida & Lady Maravilla
2) Artillero (Monterrey) & Mr. Vega b Ángel Diabólico & Muerte Guerrera
3) Golden Boy b Gato Fantasma
4) Hijo de LA Park & Humberto Garza Jr. b Rico Rodriguez & Símbolo
Hijo de LA Park beat Simbolo for the win.
5) Caifan, LA Park, Rey Hechicero b Blue Panther, Diluvio Negro II, Último Guerrero
Match had originally been announced as Panther/UG vs Caifan/Hechicero, but Diluvio Negro & LA Park were added on Friday. Earlier in the week, LA Park had sent a video in saying he was looking for Ultimo Guerrero. Ultimo Guerrero said he had no idea what this was about, but decided to strike first and beat up Hijo de LA Park. LA Park appeared, very displeased. UG said he heard Park talking about searcing for him in CMLL, but he’s right there now. LA Park said UG shouldn’t have attacked family. Before they could fight, Panther and Diluvio Negro I also hit the ring and attacked LA Park, with Guerrero joining in. Laguneros took fall 1, Monterrey took fall 2, LA Park had UG beat with the Code Red in the third but Panther pulled out the referee. UG fouled Park, but Caifan pulled out the ref. Hijo de LA Park ran in, fouled UG, and the Monterrey team won. LA Park said there were two masks he wanted – Dr. Wagner (in Plaza de Toros), and the survivor of UG & Atlantis. Ultimo Guerrero was fine with that but threatened to beat up Hijo de LA Park again. LA Park insisted on one on one.
SuperLuchas transcribed the promos (with no credit to LuchaMania for actually getting the video, oops.) LA Park does say he’s doing the mask match with Dr. Wagner Jr. in June. No one should believe them until they announce a date.
IWRG (SUN) 05/05/2013 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Dragón Celestial & Imposible b Atomic Star & Seiya
Straight falls. Atomic Star reappeared, replacing Serpiente de Oro.
2) Diosa Maya, Rayan, Spartan b Astro Rey Jr., Cristal, Saruman
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Canis Lupus, Niko b Centvrión, Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic
4) Chico Che, Negro Navarro, Pantera b Danny Casas, Eterno, Factor
Negro submitted Eterno & Factor at the same time.
5) Dinamic Black b Carta Brava Jr. [IWRG IC WELTER, WWS WELTER]
Dinamic Black made his third known defense of the IWRG Welterweight championship, and Carta Brava falls on his first defense of the WWS Welterweight championship. Match went four falls.
IWRG updated their website with the two lineups below and everything up to the main event hours ago, then didn’t put the main event up no matter how many times I clicked refresh. I’d presume they drew in the third fall and the commission ordered a fourth, but we’ll find out about 10 minutes after this post goes up.
Rob has highlights of 2013 Rey de Reyes.
AAA has video interviews with Nino Hamburguesa and Crazy Boy.
Angelica talks about winning Rudeza Infernal’s mask.
The Angel Dorados are signing autographs tomorrow.
IWRG (THU) 05/09/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Serpiente de Oro vs Fulgor
2) Saruman & Seiya vs Alan Extreme & Imposible
3) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Factor, Rayan, Spartan
4) Chico Che, Dr. Cerebro, Toscano vs Danny Casas, Eterno, X-Fly
5) Trauma I vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Apolo Estrada Jr., Freyser, Cien Caras Jr., Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Súper Nova, Carta Brava Jr., Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Trauma II
Main event is the Rebellion of the Juniors cibernetico. Factor, a man with a rich family history in lucha libre (maybe?) is the current Juniros champion. Maybe this will setup a new contender.
Seiya escapes from the dark match opener to something that might be pretty good.
IWRG (SUN) 05/12/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxie & Seiya vs Dragón Celestial & Fulgor
2) Diva Salvaje & Miss Gaviota vs Imposible & Picudo Jr.
3) Centvrión, Freyser, Golden Magic vs Alan Extreme, Apolo Estrada, Canis Lupus
4) Chico Che, Dinamic Black, Tony Rivera vs Danny Casas, Eterno, Súper Nova
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Toscano vs Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II
Another Piratas vs Traumas title match coming up? Though the Danny Casas & Eterno team may also want a shot.
Tercera might be good.
CMLL (SUN) 05/12/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Metatrón & Sensei vs Apocalipsis & Cholo
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Metálico, Super Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero, Hijo del Signo, Raziel
3) Astral, Stukita, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
4) Blue Panther vs Virus [lightning]
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Shinsuke Nakamura
6) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Máscara Dorada, Rush, Titán
Semimain has the return Shinsuke Nakamaura. Nakamura is the current NJPW IC champion – he defended it against Sombra back on FantasticaMania – and he’s talked a few times about wanting to defend his title outside of NJPW and around the world. This could be a bit of that and the usual bit of NJPW sending a heavyweight over to Mexico while the Best of Super Juniors tournament is going on.
Seems like CMLL should be holding a press conference to discuss this, Titan going to the BOSJ, the new guys, and the En Busca de un Idolo tournament. Maybe Thursday?
CMLL (SUN) 05/05/2013 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Robin b Guerrero Negro Jr. & Herodes Jr.
Tecnios take 2/3.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón b Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000
Tecnicos took 1/3, Halcon on Mercurio and Fantasy on Olimpico.
3) Pegasso, Sagrado, Tritón b Morphosis, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
Rudos took 2/3, Vangelis beating Sagrado.
4) Felino b Ángel de Oro [lightning]
Felino won via elbowdrop.
5) Diamante Azul, Máximo, Rush b Ephesto, Mephisto, Volador Jr.
Maximo kissed Volador for the win.
6) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos took 2/3, with a La Mistica on Rey Escorpion. Rey Escorpion had quite a match.
Tecnicos were calling themselves Los Nuevo Reyes del Aire. Maybe it’ll stick? They were called Cadetes del Aire in the lineups, and will stand a chance of being known as ‘not teaming at all’ within a week or two, especially Valiente has a singles tournament. Show was really not interesting until the main event.
Announcers were plugging En Busca de Un Idolo (subtitle: “Now or Never”) as 4 tecnicos and 4 rudos. That’s not the makeup which was announced last month (Valiente, Rey Cometa, Stuka, Delta, Guerrero Maya, Misterioso, Fuego and Vangelis), though it was odd for them to announce 6 tecnicos and 2 rudos at the time. For two of those tecnicos, it never or never.
CMLL (SUN) 05/05/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl, @Anicetagtz]
1) Índigo & Relampago Azul b El Piraña & Thunder Boy
Relampago Azul replaced Pirana. Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Demonio Maya & Évola b El Divino & El Ídolo
Rudos took 2/3.
3) Acertijo, Espectrum, Magnum b Black Metal, Metatrón, Smaker
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Diamante, Gallo, Stuka Jr. DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Maléfico, Ráfaga
Barbaro replaced Namajague. Tecnicos took 1/3. Stuka beat Rafaga in the first, and Rafaga took his mask and cradled him in the third. Referee sorted it out and called the DQ. Stuka challenged Rafaga to a Occidente Light Heavyweight Championship title match, but Rafaga declined. They will have a non-title singles match.
5) Atlantis & Thunder b Namajague & Rey Bucanero
Namajague replaced Niebla. Tecnicos took 2/3.
The Averno vs Mistico match from last week did not air on TV. (It is up on YouTube.) It was in the spot to air on Televisa, btu did not air – they showed the segunda trios match was instead. It must’ve been decision know that day, because the announcers previewed the segunda match as if normal and never mentioned the Mistico one – even though last week, they promoted the Mistico/Averno match as airing this week. The same trios match also aired on Fox Sports, and CMLL TV never repeats matches between shows unless something very strange is going on. This counts as that. CMLL has been very inconsistent and contradictory in how it’s handled Mistico of late and my (uninformed) guess is there are vastly different views on what to do with him inside CMLL, and people are acting on their individual feelings and not together as a one voice. It’s the easiest explanation for how Mistico keeps getting pushed into main events but not really winning in any of them, for Mistico defeating Volador with La Mistica frequently in trios but not even getting it on in their singles, match, and for people winning tournaments and immediately being passed over – different people might have control at different points, and the freedom to do what they’d like.
(Also, I have this feeling ‘Sangre Nueva’ in particular only exists so Cadena3 people can say they have a tournament; it’s been completely irrelevant as soon it’s over both years running.)
Lady Apache has a delightfully passive aggressive interview about leaving CMLL for TxT. She’s sad to be leaving CMLL and feels she’s going on good terms, but also says things like “my intention is always to prove Mexican women’s lucha libre is the best in the world and if they’re no longer interested, then I will go elsewhere.” She urges the fans to support the experienced women if they don’t want to see them pushed out by the new girls.
On this week’s Super Libre radio show (full show here), Titan mentioned he’s most been influenced by Ricochet of all the guys in the Best of the Super Juniors, and he’d like to face him in the tournament.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Bill has highlights of 04/21 Arena Coliseo Monterrey!
- Angelica unmasked Rudeza Infernal in LLF, who announced she was retiring after her loss.
- Drastick Boy kept the DTU Alto Impacto title on DTU’s Saturday show.
- Cronicas y Leyendas has part one of a history piece on Espectro.
- R de Rudo has video of the women’s match opener from TxT.
- Blue Demon Jr. talks about getting an autograph from Mil Mascaras.
- La Copa writes about changes in styles of lucha libre.
- Ultimo Guerrero & Marco Corleone are listed as working Coliseo Chihuahua on May 18, though I don’t think Marco’s mentioned coming back to the ring yet.
- Mistico, Atlantis, La Mascara vs the Guerreros headlines an Arena Queretaro card on 05/17. Valiente, who is supposed to be in En Busca de un Idolo, is among those working this card on a Friday night.
- Video interview with Arkangel.
CMLL (FRI) 05/03/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
***Atlantis 30th Anniversary***
1) Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr. b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Aereo, Fantasy, Shockercito b Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Misterioso Jr., Namajague, Shigeo Okumura b Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr.
4) Blue Panther, Rush, Super Porky b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Atlantis b Averno
Atlatnis was honored before the 4th match, with special guests including Okumura (representing NJPW), Guerrero del Futuro, and Fray Tormenta. There was a video about his career, his upcoming mask match with Ultimo Guerrero, and celebrity well wishes before his match. Averno took the first match with Devil’s Wings, Atlantis took the second with a quebradora, and Atlantis won the third with his Atlantida. Immediately after the match, Ultimo Guerrero interrupted to yell at Atlantis – only for another Ultimo Guerrero to attack Atlantis from behind. The ‘other’ Ultimo Guerrero was introduced as Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero’s younger brother. He’s assumed to be Taurus.
6) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Thunder
Rudos took 1/3.
It was announced Pierroth debuts next Friday. En Busca de un Idolo 2 is scheduled to start the following Friday.
People who were there were sure Gran Guerrero is Taurus. Taurus had always been rumored to be either Ultimo Guerrero’s younger brother or son, and I’m still not totally convinced CMLL isn’t not telling the relationship for whatever reason. They have been honest on Soberano & Euforia’s relationship though, which similarly ages Euforia. Taurus is scheduled to appear in Arena Puebla on Monday, which might be his final match with that name. It obviously depends on where they use him, but this seems too soon for Taurus to be moved up to an important position. No word yet when Atlantico is returning.
Averno beats Mistico last week, loses to Atlantis this week. Not sure you needed the same person to do both of those, but it’s CMLL.
This is a weird story, and only partially a lucha libre one. The FBI and other law enforcement raided an April 7th lucha libre show in McAllen, Texas, shutting down the show and the whole block. They claimed at the time it was due to an immigration issue, but it turns out they were looking for a Reynosa based drug cartel boss (and his brother) who is also rumored to be luchador Imagen II. Imagen II was on the card – but it was a completely different guy who also uses the same name. The non-crime boss Imagen II says he’s been using that name for 20 years, his brother was Image and he doesn’t want to change his name just because someone is also using the name. That first link says local promoters know of at least five different Imagen II in the area!
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Porra Fresa previews Monday’s Arena Puebla card.
DTU lineups for their shows at the Morelia beer festival. Shows are mentioned as airing on a website.
CMLL (FRI) 05/10/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Pegasso & Stigma vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Inquisidor
2) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs La Seductora, Tiffany, Zeuxis
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Rey Cometa, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
4) Ángel de Oro vs Dragón Rojo Jr. [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada vs Boby Zavala, Comandante Pierroth, Rey Escorpión
6) Atlantis, La Sombra, Mistico vs Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
This is the Mother’s Day show.
The new Pierroth debuts. There’s been no buzz for the return of character – like everyone saw the promo the first day, thought it was a bad idea, and moved on. Of course, the new hyped rudo’s debut is trumped by another new rudo’s debut for whatever reason, and the rudo who actually won the Gran Alternativa is quietly particpating in the semimain.
Rey Cometa is still fighting Okumura & Namajague every week.
CMLL on Terra: 2013-04-07
taped 2013-04-07 @ Arena Coliseo
Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Villano IV vs Averno, Blue Panther, Shocker – GREAT. I didn’t do a recap of this show because it never turned up on US TV, but this match was so fun and had a great crowd (which is ruined by not having sound on the video, but at least it’s better than having no record of this match.) The ending – with Navarro and Panther not having their high noon meeting after but clearly teasing it for some other day – left me wanting more and I find it hard to give excellent ratings for matches where there’s clearly a better version of the match to come. I’m sure it felt like a excellent match for the people inside the building, and CMLL ought to find an excuse to do this again.
AAA on Televisa (UTDN): 2013-04-11
taped 2013-03-29 @ Arena Naucalpan
Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Willie Mack vs AR Fox, Dr. Cerebro, Eterno – GREAT
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
- CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-04-06
- CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-04-06
- CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-04-06
- CMLL on Televisa: 2013-04-06 – Escorpion/Dorada is close
- AAA Fusion: 2013-04-10
Matches Worth Consideration But Will Be Watched Later
IWRG Zona XXI: 2013-04-07
taped 2013-04-07 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Alan Extreme, Carta Brava Jr., Imposible
(and the rest of TXT Season 2, Episode 1)
IWRG (THU) 05/02/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) Dragón Celestial b Seiya
2) Mr. Leo & Saruman b Fulgor & Picudo Jr.
3) Factor, Rayan, Spartan b Chico Che, Freyser, Golden Magic
4) Centvrión, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Veneno b Pasion Kristal, Polvo de Estrellas, Yuriko
Dinamick Black replaced Centvrion.
5) Eterno, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., X-Fly b Danny Casas, Pantera, Pirata Morgan
Team X-Fly won falls 1/3. Pantera and Danny Casas had problems in the third fall, leading to Danny Casas laying down to get pinned. Pirata attacked Danny Casas, Eterno made the save, and they both beat up Pantera & Pirata Morgan until Hijo del Pirata Morgan made the save. Eterno & Danny Casas, friends for the last minute and rivals for the last month, challenged for the tag team titles.
The guy who makes up the Sunday lineups must be psychic to already know the new Eterno & Danny Casas partnership. Or maybe they tipped the programmer off!
Tonight’s Arena Mexico show is Atlantis’ 30th Anniversary show, but it’s also the least newsy Friday show in some while. Atlantis celebrates thirty years by facing new champion Averno in a rare non-title, non-tournament CMLL three fall match. The main event is the Guerreros vs the noted high flying trio of Mascara Dorada, Titan, and Thunder. The Fiebre Amarilla vs Rey Cometa/Stuka/Fuego and Shockercito/Violencia feuds continue.
One feud which won’t be continuing any time soon is the Shocker vs Mr. Aguila one. No problems here. This is for positive reasons: Shocker is part of TV Azteca’s La Isla 2, a Survivor like reality show which mixes famous people and regular people. The cast press conference was yesterday, and the show actually starts taping today in the Dominican Republic for two months, so no Shocker matches until July. CMLL knew enough to stop booking him; Tuesday’s Kid’s Day match was his last listed for the time being. The show itself starts airing in September. Shocker being on a TV Azteca show means he’s possibly not allowed, and probably not available, to be on any third season of El Luchador unless it’s already finishing taping. (It still hasn’t been confirmed by A&E that a third season is happening.)
If you liked Titan wrestling in singles match tournaments the last two late Springs, you’re in luck: Titan is the sole CMLL representative in NJPW’s 20th Best of Super Juniors tournament. The story is Titan was under consideration going into FantasicaMania and did well enough for NJPW to give him the invite. The tournament runs from May 24th to June 9th (there’s a pre-tour show on May 22nd that he may also be on.) It’s an 18 wrestler, 2 block tournament, and the blocks have not been announced. Namajague is not in the tournament and will continue being pulled into the splits in Mexico for the time being.
The track record of CMLL luchadors in NJPW tournaments is well established by now, and I’ll probably roll out that chart later, but I’d rather focus on a fun opportunity regardless of the outcomes. Between Titan in this tournament and the return of Busca de un Idolo in the next couple weeks, there’s going to be a lot of fun singles matches involving CMLL regulars over the next few weeks. And, hey, NJPW could use some new people involved in both it’s junior singles and tag division, who knows what could happen? Titan got here by winning another tournament he was set up to lose in anyway.
(You can actually fashion this into an explanation of why CMLL did what it did with Titan’s title – he’s gone for a while and can come back at a higher level – but that may be more wishful than believing Titan will do well in this tournament. It’s not like CMLL needed the title for anything.)
Estrellas del Ring, MedioTiempo, Todo x el Todo, and R de Rudo all have articles about LA Park and Dr. Wagner’s challenges, and R de Rudo has video. ESTO’s article about the show adds more of the talent list for the 05/11 show: Villano IV (one day before he’s on the AAA Durango taping), Atila Jr., Rayman, Hijo del Solitario, Angel Blanco Jr., Medico Asesino Jr., Poseidon, Bobby Lee Jr., Imposible, and Maquina Infernal. There are some random names there. Atila is feuding with Solitario on other shows, which probably continues here. El Hijo del Santo was not at the press conference and is not mentioned as appearing on 05/11 yet, so it’s possible he’s sitting this one out. He’s still mentioning the shows, and is teasing a match with Blue Demon Jr. on the 06/22 show.
El Hijo del Santo did mention last week that TxT airs this Sunday and next on Cadena3. Will I get around to watching the last show before this one airs? (“Ask Again Later”.)
AAA announced the TripleMania start time is moving from 6:00pm to 6:30pm starting time. If AAA was doing a PPV, announcing a 6:30 show to do a pre-show and start the actual show at 7 would make sense, but there’s no mention of PPV in a few weeks. The actual news here is AAA announced the show is starting half a hour later, instead of just doing it and not telling anyone ahead of time.
- Lucha Libre USA lives – in that they’re working free shows this weekend as part of a Dallas, Texas Cinco de Mayo festival. That’s nice. Nonrefundable plane tickets?
- Rey Cometa & Delta are headed to Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi show this Sunday.
- Turbo & Black Thunder turn up on this weekend’s Arena Lopez Mateos show.
- Cronicas Y Leyendas talks about an injury in a Dos Caras vs Canek match which led to a title change without either one losing to the other and Tinieblas debut in Arena Coliseo.
- Apolo Valdes writes about Atlantis’ 30th anniversary.
- Rombe Huesos has a bio of Satanico
- Winners of the CMLL Gactera children draw Atlantis contest.
- AAA’s news blog section starts off with Dorian Roldan writing about other people who will be writing blog entries. Exciting!
Todo x el Todo may be airing on Sunday. CadenaTres lists both TxT and a movie on at the same time.
== AAA ==
I’m really confused on what they’re doing this week. Their taping names don’t make sense with the shows they have to fill I’ve got the chart set up like they’re going to finish the Cordoba taping this week – main event and other matches on Sin Limite, whatever left on Fusion next week – but they could also just jump right to the Chilapancingo taping this week on Sin Limite (and UTDN) and all of Cordoba on Fusion.
Either way, it’s probably a Bizarros vs Perros main event for Sin Limite; they’re doing those every other week since Rey de Reyes.
== CMLL ==
Galavision/Televisa: Cometa vs Namajague and Averno vs Mistico. Worth staying up late!
FOX: The Gran Alternativa and the trios main event are scheduled, though it’s possible another match might be added.
52MX: Mistico vs Volador. Random fact: no Mistico has ever beaten Volador Jr. in an Arena Mexico or Arena Coliseo singles match.
C3: Stuka vs Rey Escorpion
MegaCable (Guadalajara): Avernos vs Atlantis, La Mascara, Sombra + the return of Titan
TVC Deportes (Puebla): have no idea here
Terra: Revolucionarios vs Dorada, Mistico, Valiente.
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: Eterno vs Danny Casas.
IWRG-TVC Deportes: Dinamitas vs Piratas/Dr. Wagner
Noches de Coliseo: Wagner (& Purpura) vs Konnan Big (& Rico)