taped 2014-03-03 @ Lienzo Charro Ignacio Leon Ornelas, Irapuato, Guanajuato
eMdlLL (SUN) 04/06/2014 Expo Reforma, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [Estrellas del RIng (12-16), Kaiser Sports (assorted)]
6) Audaz, Black Shadow Jr., Huracan Ramirez b Heavy Metal, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Scorpio Jr.
Replaced a Anteus, El Falcón, El Halcon, Super Brazo vs El Guerrero, Scorpio Jr., Vangellys, Zumbido
7) Engendro Jr., Fresero Jr., Guerrero b el Halcon, Heavy Metal Jr., Pantera Jr.
Replaced a Mascara/Maximo/Porky vs Felino/Metal/Negro Casas trios. First mention of a Heavy Metal Jr.
8) Black Terry & Shu el Guerrero b Brazo de Platino & Brazo de Platino Jr. and Kahoz & Rambo
Listed as Los Brazos vs Los Temearios vs Kahoz & Rambo, with Brazo de Platinos replacing the scheduled Brazos. Main event of show 2.
9) Mini Psicois & Tony Aguirre b Jet & Mini May Flowers
Replaced Stukita, Último Dragoncito vs El Panterita, Zafiro (IWRG)
10) Aguila Solitaria, Aristóteles, Pantera b el Ángel, Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
11) Gran Cochisse, Huracan Ramirez, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Villano III DQ Cien Caras, El Engendro, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
Main event of show 3. Rudo side was supposed to be the Espectro/Morgan/Satanico Infernales (who are mentioned as being there), ended up the Dinamitas + Engendero, with Huracan Ramirez added to the other show. Cien fouled Rayo.
12) Ayako Hamada, Lady Apache, Lola Gonzalez b Miss Janeth, Rossy Moreno, Tania
Lady Apache flipped sides to replace Reyna Gallegos. Miss Janeth replaced her, and Ayako replaced Vicky Carranza.
13) Cesar Dantes & Solar I b Negro Navarro & Super Astro
Cesar Dantes replaced Blue Panther.
14) Romano Garcia L Gallego, Rocky Santana, Marabunta [hair]
It was Marbunta versus the Diabolicos, only they turned on each other and Marabunta beat Romano for his hair.
15) Blue Demon Jr., Jennifer Blake, Villano IV b Ayako Hamada, Fenix (AAA), Gran Hamada
Main event of show 4. Ayako and Jennifer added to the match, Fenix replaced Canek.
In another sign Meixcan fans don’t seem to care as much about no-shows as other fans, none of the the recaps I’ve read for these has even mentioned half the card didn’t show up. That would seem to be a big thing elsewhere. AAA wrestlers did turn up for the main event (and I’m not certain if Heavy Metal is also supposed to be with AAA, which could possibly be part of the problem.)
IWRG (SUN) 04/06/2014 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), IWRG]
1) Anubis Black, Hijo De La Bestia, Picudo Jr. b Galaxy, Látigo, Metaleon
2) Chico Che, Diva Salvaje, Dr. Cerebro DQ Broken Clown, Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown [lumberjack strap]
DQ not specified.
3) Alan Extreme, Máscara Púrpura, Veneno b Danny Casas, Trauma I, Trauma II
Danny Casas replaced Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000. Trauma II feuded with Veneno.
4) Relámpago, Súper Nova, Toscano b Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Tony Casanova
Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000 replaced Damian 666, but Casanova did make his debut this time. Rudos took 1/3, Mascara yanking Nova’s mask and Casanova pinning him for the win.
5) Black Terry b Tony Rivera [hair]
Orion & Alan Extreme were seconds. Tony took the first fall after Orion hit Terry with a cookie sheet on a dive. Tony and Orion tied Terry to the ropes int he second fall, and Tony faked a foul later on, but Terry kept it together to win the fall with backcracker. Alan took out Orion with a tope in the third while Terry & Rivera brawled. Orion threw flour in the ref’s face to distract him, Tony fouled Terry and tried a suplex, but Terry reversed it to a small package for the win. Tony argued but did get his hair shaved.
Terry wins the feud going back to last summer. Tony Rivera’s been fun here.
Porra Fresa previews tonight’s Puebla card. I’m figuring Volador keeps his title over Negro Casas, but it’s not a given.
Blue Demon Jr. says Chessman is not that good. I guess I’m supposed to be excited to see Demon face someone who’s not that good.
Ohtani’s Jacket reviews more Charles Lucero matches.
Lucha Libre in Japan
Mascara Dorada is working openers on the NJPW Taiwan shows on 04/12 and 04/13. I remembered this was happening, but I forgot it was happening this week.
CMLL (SUN) 04/13/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Reycko vs Relampago Azul
2) Explosivo & William Rock vs Acertijo & Furia Nazi
3) Black Metal, Brillante, Javier Cruz Jr. vs Évola, Exterminador, Mugroso Vago
4) Fuego, Gallo, Smaker vs Demonio Maya, Kamaitachi, Shigeo Okumura
5) Mistico & Rey Cometa vs Averno & Cavernario
Main event should be interesting. Fuego is the middlweight championship here, forgot about that too until I saw it on the poster.
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
AAA on Televisa: 2014-03-15
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-03-15
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-03-15
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-03-15
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL Puebla: 2014-03-16
taped 2014-03-03 @ Arena Puebla
Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Cavernario, Felino, Terrible for the CMLL World Trios Championship
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-03-16
taped 2014-03-12 @ Arena Naucalpan
Black Terry, Dragón Celestial, Emperador Azteca, Fulgor, Imposible, Sky Ángel vs Aztlán, Cheyene, Jorge Kebrada, Kanon, Skayde, Vortize [Copa High Power]
eMdlLL (SAT) 04/05/2014 Expo Reforma, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring (1), Estrellas del Ring (2), Estrellas del Ring (3), Estrellas del Ring (4)]
1) Arquero, Aullido, Brazo De Oro Jr., Brazo de Plata Jr., Fresero Jr. b Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Villano III, Kaving, Kortiz, Villano III Jr.
Villano kids (and Cerberos) beat Alvardo kids.
2) Lady Apache, Lola Gonzalez, Vicky Carranza b Miss Janeth, Rossy Moreno, Tania
Lady Apache replaced Reyna Gallegos, with Miss Janeth replacing Apache on the other side.
3) Coco Azul, Coco Rojo, Coco Verde b Kahoz, Rambo, Ultimo Rebelde
Ultimo Rebelde replaced Cuchillo.
4) Cachorro Mendoza, Máscara Sagrada, Volador Jr. b El Engendro, Scorpio Jr., Zumbido
main event of show 1. Volador replaced his son (or was meant to originally be listed), Cachorro Mendoza replaced La Mascara, Engendro replaced Vangellys.
5) Hanaoka b Douki
Douki was strechered out.
6) Ayako Hamada, La Magnifica, Muñeca De Plata b Big Mama, Paloma Rouse, Yuka
Lots of switching sides, and Muneca de Plata & La Magnifica replaced Black Fury & Marcela
7) Black Shadow Jr., Dr. Cerebro, Huracan Ramirez b Audaz, Barba Negra, Negro Navarro
Audaz & Barba Negra replaced Anteus & Pierroth. Blue Panther, Maximo, and Super Porky were replaced by Dr. Cerbero, Black Shadow, and Huracan Ramriez.
8) Blue Demon Jr., Gran Hamada, Último Dragón DQ Canek, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Villano IV
main event of show 2. Ultimo Dragon replaced Averno. Hijo del Pirata Morgan replaced Okumura. DQ not specified. Canek & V4 challenged Demon & Hamada.
9) Gallego, Rocky Santana, Romano Garcia b Marabunta, Marabunta Jr., Roy Reyes
Marabunta Sr. bleed a lot.
10) Audaz, El Falcón, Jaque Mate Jr. b Arafath, El Guerrero, Fresero Jr.
Audaz & Jaque Mate replaced El Halcon & Super Brazo, Fresero Jr. replaced Scorpio Jr.
11) Kendo, Solar I, Super Astro b Barba Negra, Bizarro, Sepultura
Sepultura, Bizarro, Barba Negra replaced Felino, Heavy Metal, and Negro Casas.
12) Villano III & Villano IV b Brazo de Platino & Pantera and Black Terry & Shu el Guerrero
listed as Brazos vs Villanos vs Temerarios in a tag tournament. Brazo de Platino & Pantera became the Brazo team. main event of show 3
13) Dragon Steel, Dunkel, Latigo Negro Jr., Tsunami b Hijo del Villano III, Kaving, Kortiz, Villano III Jr.
Supposed to be Arkangel vs Villano vs Dinamita trainees, ended up Dunkel School vs Villanos
14) Cesar Dantes, El Engendro, Jaque Mate b Aguila Solitaria, Aristóteles, Pantera
Engendro replaced Gladiador.
15) Espectro Jr., Pirata Morgan, Satánico b Cachorro Mendoza, Gran Cochisse, Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal replaced Arkangel.
16) Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Villano III, Villano IV b Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
Was listed as Rayo & Universo vs MascaraY2K & Niebla, but lots of changes. Main event of show 4.
I’m not sure if you caught on, but all the CMLL guys pulled out (and somehow Ultimo Rebelde filled in? I guess he got lost.) Not sure what happened there, probably not good. This was day 1 of the 2 day marathon.
CMLL (SUN) 04/06/2014 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, LuchaWorld, Terra]
***71st Anniversary Show***
1) Arkángel de la Muerte, Cavernario, Tiger b Rey Cometa, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
Stuka replaced Fuego (doubled booked in Oaxaca.) Rudos took 2/3.
2) Blue Panther, Máximo, Super Porky b Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Terrible
Tecnicos took 2/3. In the last fall, ReyBuc submitted Panther to the fujiwara, Porky dove onto Terrible, Maximo kiss of death’d ReyBuc, and the rudos all attacked Maximo when he was about to beat Escorpion for the DQ. They teased Escorpion/Maximo, but ending could be the start of the cage match.
3) La Sombra, Mistico, Valiente b Averno, Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto
Mephisto was announced, but replaced by Dragon Rojo Jr. on Monday. Rudos took 2/3. Long trios match, probably best match on the show. Averno escaped La Mistica and beat Mistico clean with Devil’s Wings. Post match built up Tuesday’s title match.
4) Atlantis b Mr. Niebla
Niebla ambushed Atlantis with a trash can, but Atlantis came back to take the first fall with a casadora cradle. Niebla won the second with a top rope splash. Atlantis won a long third fall with a huracanrana. Better than their last singles match.
5) Pequeño Halcón L Eléctrico, Astral, Stukita, Acero, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito, Último Dragoncito, Fantasy [mask, cage]
Minis were kept in the cage for about five minutes. Escape order: Acero, Stukita, Fantasy, Ultimo Dragoncito (four tecnicos out first, leaving it three tecncios versus three rudos), Pequeno Nitro, Pequeno Olimpico, Electrico, Pierrothito leaving Pequeno Halcon and Astral as the final two. Halcon & Astral went about 4 minutes before Astral beat Halcon for the win. Halcon was revealed to be Rogelio Espinoza Lopez, 33 years old, from Torreon. He brought his father (Halcon Suriano) in the ring for a hug.
Not near last year’s show, but better than it looked on paper. Cage match had some good moments, Atlantis & Niebla was better than the last time and they tried hard in the third match. Nothing must see if you were watching something else and it still feels kind of a let down for an Anniversary show. A minis cage match with no build up didn’t seem to anything special for the turnout, so I’m probably not the only one who wasn’t excited by the lineup.
CMLL (SUN) 04/06/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Jocker b Marvel
Debut for Marvel, return for Jocker.
2) Satara b Índigo
3) El Yaqui b El Ídolo
4) Leo b Esfinge, Sky Kid, El Divino, Javier Cruz Jr., Explosivo, Espectrum, Sádico, Évola, Acertijo, Mugroso Vago, Furia Nazi [cibernetico]
Debut for Mugroso Vago. Torneo Cibernetico de Idolos Tapatios. Teams (after battle royal) were Explosivo, Espectrum, Divino, Javier Cruz Jr., Furia Nazi, Sky Kid vs Sadico, Leo, Acertijo, Evola, Esfinge, Murgoso Vago. Acertijo (Sky Kid), Explosivo (Sadico – Explosivo strechered), Furia Nazi (Esfinge), Sadico (Javier Cruz Jr.), Sky Kid (Mugroso Vago), Esfinge (Espectrum), Divino (Evola), Evola (Espectrum – Evola stretched), Espectrum (Leo), Javier Cruz Jr. (sneak foul by Murgoso Vago), leaving teammates Leo & Murgoso Vago to finish it. Leo got the win.
5) Mr. Águila, Ripper, Shocker b Gallo, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr.
Gallo replaced Rush. Rudos took 2/3, Ripper beating Gallo.
Leo gets a make up win after losing his hair, unsure why he lost his hair in the first place. All I know is finally Ripper found someone on his level to feud with. (Gallo would still crush him in Guadalajara.)
Super Libre had interviews with Frayle de la Muerte, Makabre, and Seven Thunder.
Eric R reviews 03/15 Lucha Azteca.
Toscano & the Panteras beat Blue Danger & the Villanos in Arena Queretaro. Toscano is everywhere.
Rey Misterio Jr. was disappointed to hear Sin Cara never wanted to learn English, thought he should’ve tried harder in WWE. Rey seems genuinely disappointed Sin Cara didn’t work out, which makes him much different than most people in WWE (who didn’t like him because, in part, they thought he was a threat to Rey.)
The Gladiatores interviews Los Aristotles.
CMLL (SUN) 04/13/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Fantasy & Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Violencia & Pequeño Warrior
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Star Jr., Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Sangre Azteca
3) Lady Afrodita, Marcela, Silueta vs La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
4) Delta vs Tiger [lightning]
5) Diamante Azul, La Máscara, Titán vs Euforia, Pierroth, Último Guerrero
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
It’s the Pierroth return you really didn’t want. The Starman/Star Jr. team up to confuse everyone.
CMLL (FRI) 04/04/2014 Arena México [CMLL, Terra]
1) Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura b Magnus, Sensei, Starman
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Dalys, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit b Goya Kong, Lluvia, Silueta
Rudas took 2/3.
3) Dragon Lee b Soberano Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Dragon Rojo was the guest first judge. Dragon Lee defeated Soberano Jr. in 5:56 via spider (second rope) German suplex. Dragon Lee Dragon Lee received judges scores of 8, 7, 7, 2 (Tirantes) for a total of 24. Soberano Jr. received judges scores of 7, 8, 7, 1 for a total of 23
4) Cachorro b Star Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Cachorro b Star Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo] (6:07) via leg trap armbar. Star Jr. received judges scores of 7, 6, 6, 4 for a total of 23. Cachorro received judges scores of 8, 6, 7, 5 for a total of 26.
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Volador Jr. b Kráneo, Morphosis, Ripper
Tecnicos took 1/3, Volador defeating Ripper.
6) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker b Atlantis, La Máscara, Rush
Rudos took 1/3. Casas said he will soon be celebrating Rush losing his hair.
The two En Busca de un Idolo matches were OK, with the second one the better match but everyone looking very new. The website says fan voting will open up on Tuesday.
Attendance seemed considerably down from previous weeks.
LuchaWorld has the latest LuchaWorld podcast.
Sin Cara appears in Arena Juba de Reynosa on 05/11.
Segunda Caida reviews 2010/2011 Black Terry matches.
Pierrothito wants Astral’s mask.
IWRG (WED) 04/09/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Vampiro Metálico vs Electro Boy
2) Alfa & Omega vs Fulgor I & Fulgor II
3) Astro Rey Jr., Chico Che, Diva Salvaje vs Araña de Plata, Picudo Jr., Zurdog
4) Dr. Cerebro, Dragón Celestial, Golden Magic vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Oficial 911, Spartan [lumberjack]
5) Alan Extreme, Relámpago, Veneno vs Danny Casas, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan
A show! Poster lists this as March. Segunda could be fun.
CMLL (FRI) 04/11/2014 Arena México
1) Bengala & Robin vs Akuma & Disturbio
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Pequeño Halcón vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Fuego, Sagrado, Tritón vs Boby Zavala, Misterioso Jr., Puma
4) Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cavernario [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Hechicero vs Guerrero Negro Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
7) Máximo, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. vs La Sombra, Rey Escorpión, Rush [Relevos Increíbles]
CMLL’s three big feuds in one match. If they’re running any of these for the Arena Mexico Anniversary show, they should get to it soon.
Today’s Arena Mexico starts off the En Busca de un Idolo tournament. We still don’t know how if anything else has been changing with the tournament, since the website remains only pictures of the press conference. The biggest question is the fan voting; the vote totals have been heavily inflated by the same people voting mutliple times (like, thousands of times.) There’s a variety of methods CMLL could use to limit stuff the ballot and make the contest more fair, but they’d end up with a much reduced final vote total. The vote totals are so out of line with expectations they really shouldn’t be taken seriously by anyone with a decent understanding of the internet, but the people high up in CMLL (and who may be in charge of this) aren’t said to have a great grasp of the internet. CMLL’s prior point system has meant the fan voting is twice as important as the decisions, so whatever CMLL ends up doing with the voting is as important to En Busca de un Idolo as any of the matches.
Matches should still be fun. The tournament kicks off with Cachorro versus Star Junior and Soberano Junior versus Dragon Lee, two matches of young high flyers that should end tonight’s Terra broadcast. The actual main event tonight is Atlantis, Rush & La Mascara versus Negro Casas, Shocker and Mr. Niebla, where Rush feuds might take a back seat to building up Atlantis & Mr. Niebla. The Estetas del Aire also team up a week after losing the trios titles, facing the Invasors.
Tonight’s the last CMLL on Terra stream which starts an hour late if you’ve already done the daylight savings time switch. Terra website has gone thru a redesign and the link for the shows might not be in the usual place; this seems like it might be the live link for later.
This week’s Wrestling Observer says AAA believes Sin Cara will be under a no compete until around June 26, and they’d sign him at that point. I’m missing something, because it’s not like AAA’s been afraid to put Sin Cara on their TV already – why wait until June if you’re putting him on TV in February when he’s still under contract to WWE? (And why put him on TV in February if you can’t use him until the end of June? Unless Sin Cara wasn’t totally honest with his contract status, which is not impossible the way this story is going.) Maybe it’ll just be four months of teasing something to happen before it finally does, which would actually be faster than usual for AAA. AAA’s preview of the Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera show mentions The Mystery Guy, which builds expectations he’ll be showing up next weekend in some capacity.
CMLL’s preview of Sunday’s show notes that Okumura has lost the only two cage matches in the history of Arena Coliseo. It’s going to be tough for him to lose this Sunday in a minis match, but I have faith in him.
On today’s MLW Radio Extra, Konnan’s asked about the top five guys working for him at the moment and picks (in no particular order) Fenix, Pentagon Jr., Steve Pain, Faby Apache, and Mesias.
LuchaWorld has a recap of this week’s Tercera Caida.
Star Fire, who won the WWS multiwoman match to get a shot at the Stardom championship, says that match will take place on the next Lucha Fan Fest. She’s facing the winner of a 04/29 match between Alpha Female and champion Io Shirai, so I guess Io Shirai is coming back to Mexico.
There’s a story on Facebook that Lolita has disappeared from lucha libre because she’s pregnant.
Mamba declares herself the present and future of exoticos.
The Villanos Hall of Fame ceremony is said to be airing on Green TV tonight at 11pm. I had no idea there was a Green TV. (It’s a half hour show that’s probably just showing a couple minutes of clips.)
All of Mexico moves to Daylight Savings Time starting early Sunday. Friday night’s Terra show and any streams on
Tuesday Saturday are still an hour off, but everything returns to ‘normal’ starting with Sunday’s Terra show.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: The taping from Ciudad Victoria just this past week. I’m going to guess the even matches this week, the odds next week.
== CMLL ==
FOX: Sombra vs Volador and the trios title match.
52MX: Niebla/Atlantis and Leo/Camorra build up. I wonder if they’ll show anything of the minis match; they never show the openers here, but that’s sort of the main event the next day. You probably shouldn’t try to draw based on feuds you’re putting in the opener, but what do I know.
C3: Mistico/Averno build up, some good trios.
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Volador vs Mephisto. I’ve just realized how many singles matches Volador’s already had in this building this year (it’ll be four on Monday, which is weird for a full year.) No start time currently listed; TVCD schedule makers do not appear to be acknowledging the existence of Sunday at this point.
Lucha Azteca: Dos Leyendas. Kind of interested in how they end up editing this. Azteca has about 7 minutes less of TV time than Fox Sports. Dalys/Marcela went about 10 minutes and is easy to cut, but that means about 3 minutes has to be added back other places. Maybe other matches have a little more to them?
Terra Friday: En Busca de un Idolo! Maybe they’ll finish putting up the website by then? Also, Magnus Contra Ghost Squirrel.
Terra Sunday: Minis cage match, Atlantis vs Mr. Niebla. People on Twitter thinking I’m weird for writing about CMLL while some other show if going on. Given those two main events, those people are probably right.
Terra Tuesday: En Buca de un Idolo on this show too! (This is the Hechicero show.) The Terra matches did not air on C3 last year, though the cibernetico did.
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: Piratas/Eterno vs Trauams/Canis
Noches de Coliseo: Villanos vs Lucero/Universatio, Traumas vs Diluvio Negro/Silver Star
IWRG (WED) 04/02/2014 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), IWRG]
1) Seiya b Fulgor II
2) Atomic Star & Electro Boy b Hip Hop Man & Látigo
3) Centvrión, Emperador Azteca, Metaleon b Hijo De La Bestia, Rayan, Spartan
Dragon Celestial replaced Emperador Azteca, who appeared with a cast around his elbow.
4) Freyser, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47 DQ Chico Che, Golden Magic, Máscara Púrpura
Golden Magic replaced Nino Hamburugesa. Rudos took 1/3, the last when both Golden Magic and 911 faked fouls and the referee ruled it for the rudos.
5) Eterno, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan b Canis Lupus, Trauma I, Trauma II
No Tony Casanova or Damian, said to be due to plane problems. Hijo del Pirata and Pirata Jr. teamed with Eterno, and they took 1/3.
I hope Nino Hamburguesa was just double booked, because he really shouldn’t be missing shows. Rather see Golden Magic anyway.
05/16: Arena Queretaro
05/17: Salamanca, Guanajuato
05/18: Arena Roberto Paz, Guadalajara
05/20: Arena Aficon
05/25: Mexico City
Sin Cara’s debut match in Arena Coliseo Monterrey on 05/04 now has a main event of Sin Cara, Cibernetico, and Argenis versus Psycho Circus. No more Averno (or Perro Jr.)
The original Pierroth was at Arena Mexico Tuesday, leading to a bit where Pierrothito vowed to not lose his Pierroth mask on Friday. It’s been unclear what the relationship has been between CMLL & Pierroth since the start of Comandante Pierroth (who hasn’t been around in a little while.) Hopefully that was some way of paying the original Pierroth (who’s never completely recovered from his his stroke) by leasing out the name, but I’d also kind of hope they’d pay him even if they didn’t use the name.
CMLL also has a short piece on Arena Coliseo Anniversary show.
A report from the Villanos first Hall of Fame induction, where two dozen people got in at once.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob has highlights of 01/24/14 CMLL.
Blue Demon Jr. is unhappy Adidas used a Rey Misterio mask to influence the Mexican National Team’s jersey, since Rey Jr. is from San Diego and not Mexican enough (according to Demon.) Demon thinks they should’ve used someone like Blue Demon.
Cavernario talks about his recent successes; he actually started in Arena Roberto Paz and has another brother named Indio.
Short bio of El Cholo of Coahuila. There’s at least four active “Cholo”s in Mexico.
Aerostar hypes the DF opener, has not forget he’s meant to be feuding with Super Fly.
Video interview with Drago.
CMLL (TUE) 04/01/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Flyer b Akuma & Ramstein
Ramstein was hurt.
2) Acero, Astral, Pequeño Halcón DQ Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico
Pierrothito hit Astral with his belt for the DQ, building towards Sunday’s cage match.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr.
Hombre Bala was announced as a replacement for Metalico (shoulder injury) a couple days ahead of time.
4) Hechicero b Pegasso [lightning]
Hechicero won in 5:30.
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. b Boby Zavala, Misterioso Jr., Pólvora
Tecnicos took 1/3.
6) La Sombra, Mistico, Tritón b Averno, Mephisto, Puma
Rudos took 2/3, Averno beating Mistico. Averno declared Mistico’s title (CMLL Welterweight) was for big boys, Mistico was unworthy, and Averno deserves the title. Mistico wants a mask vs hair match.
The last ‘normal’ show here for a while.
CMLL (TUE) 04/01/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) El Divino b Évola
2) Canelo Casas, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo b Black Metal, Esfinge, Metatrón
Rudos took 2/3
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Silueta DQ La Comandante, Tiffany, Zeuxis
Comandante’s first match back since a Japan trip (though she’s been at ringside for TRT matches the last few days.) Tecnicas took 1/3, the last by excessive violence DQ.
4) El Cuatrero & Titán b Black Panther & Gran Guerrero [seeding battle royal]
5) Camorra b Leo [hair]
Camorra took 1/3, submitting Leo to take the hair match. Camorra is now 1-1 in apuesta matches, Leo drops to 0-2.
6) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro [semifinal]
7) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Titán b El Cuatrero, Sansón, Universo 2000 [semifinal]
8) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Titán b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero [final]
Camorra lives for another day. Leo has no luck at all.
As of yesterday, TVC Deportes (and other TVC channels) are off Cablevision and various other cable company channels. Those are all owned by Televisa; this article tries to figure out what’s going on, but I’m guessing rights fee issue. That means Puebla, TVC Deportes, and other lucha (occasionally!) have much more limited reach – but it also means many Mexican fans have no TV outlet to watch WWE Raw on Mondays. (Televisa delays it until Saturdays most weeks.) In the meantime, TVC Deportes long dormant uStream channel seems to be active again, though it was just streaming color bars.
The Sin Cara show scheduled for Cancha German Evers was postponed due to legal problems with his name. That show was scheduled for 04/23, four days after the DF taping in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera, so Sin Cara wouldn’t be able to use his name in AAA if that’s the truth.
Doradafan has highlights of 03/11/2014 CMLL.
Hijo del Santo is taking college classes. He says he’s attending classes in his mask. I believe that.
The ChilangaMask stop in Tijuana has Mr. Maldito & Trauma I vs Platino II & Trauma II in an incredible partners match and a Extreme Tiger/Rey Horus/Impulso three way.
The Villanos talk about their hall of fame and their family.
Oro Azul & Black Xtreme, long feuding and having signed for an undated mask match, are now teaming up in SLP.
A guide to understanding lucha libre, with cartooning.
IWRG (SUN) 04/06/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxy, Látigo, Metaleon vs Anubis Black, Hijo De La Bestia, Picudo Jr.
2) Chico Che, Diva Salvaje, Dr. Cerebro vs Broken Clown, Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown [lumberjack strap]
3) Alan Extreme, Máscara Púrpura, Veneno vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Trauma I, Trauma II
4) Relámpago, Súper Nova, Toscano vs Damián 666, Eterno, Tony Casanova
5) Tony Rivera vs Black Terry [hair]
Finally! Tony Rivera versus Black Terry, hair versus hair, is truly the most important match happening anywhere in the world on April 6th. I hope Black Terry has a plan here since all of Neza is likely to run in and some of the usual helpful FILL guys (Golden Magic, Fulgor, Centviron) are nowhere to be found.
CMLL (MON) 04/07/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Meyer, Sensei, Tigre Rojo vs Artillero, Guerrero Espacial, Súper Comando
2) Asturiano, Black Tiger, Starman vs Blue Center, Canelo Casas, Espíritu Maligno
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Skándalo
4) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto vs Morphosis, Mr. Águila, Ripper
5) Volador Jr. vs Negro Casas [NWA WELTER]
Volador is champion. Third defense.
Volador and Sombra weren’t listening to Negro Casas, but the Puebla programmer did. Casas never got a title rematch after losing this title to Mascara Dorada a couple title changes ago and consistently clowned Volador a couple months ago. Volador has never beaten Casas in a singles match (slight caveat: they’ve had two singles matches before this one.)
CMLL (SUN) 04/06/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Marvel vs Jocker
2) Índigo vs Satara
3) El Ídolo vs El Yaqui
4) Esfinge vs Sky Kid, Leo, El Divino, Javier Cruz Jr., Explosivo, Espectrum, Sádico, Évola, Acertijo, Mugroso Vago, Furia Nazi [cibernetico]
Torneo Cibernetico de Idolos Tapatios
5) Máscara Dorada, Rush, Volador Jr. vs Mr. Águila, Ripper, Shocker
I think CMLL needs to do a lot of things, but what I know they need to do right now is the trio of Shocker, Mr. Aguila and Mr. Niebla.
Random locals cibernetico! Guadalajara (and Puebla) needs it’s own calendar of annual events focused on their guys, maybe this can be one of them. Mugroso Vago has been spotted on the Dantes shows. There’s a Marvel who popped up in the greater Guadalajara area last June (and a much more active one in Torreon.) Both of those guys are making their debuts, while hte high amount of local luchadors on this show produces Jocker’s first appearance since December.
CMLL (TUE) 04/08/2014 Arena México
1) Leono & Metatrón vs Espanto Jr. & Zayco
2) Dragon Lee, Oro Jr., Pegasso vs El Rebelde, Hooligan, Súper Comando
3) Dark Angel vs Marcela, Estrellita, Goya Kong, Lluvia, Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany, Princesa Sugheit, Dalys [cibernetico, #1 Contenders, CMLL-REINA INTL]
winner gets a shot at Syuri.
4) Hechicero vs Cavernario [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Súper Halcón Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) La Máscara, Rush, Stuka Jr. vs Herodes Jr., Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
7) Mistico vs Averno [CMLL WELTER]
Mistico is champion.
A busy Tuesday show – various tournaments accidentally collide! – and the second straight day with a welterweight title match. Mistico seems to be getting a title defense to ‘prove’ losing the trios titles wasn’t his fault, but this Mistico never fails to surprise so who knows how that’ll go. I’m uncertain if Syuri is meant to be a tecnica or ruda here, but I’m guessing tecnica based on how she was presented and figuring Amapola gets the match. I did just learn, from wikipedia!, that Syuri started out as Karate Girl in Hustle and she should totally use that name in CMLL. Not even kidding.
En Busca de un Idolo Tuesdays kick off, including the man from the ancient past versus the man with all the holds of the future. This tournament is fun and I’m going to write way too much about it for the next couple of months, but it’s still got problems which haven’t ever been fixed. One problem can be summed up by how much I had to put on the luchawiki page to explain just the scoring system. I don’t know how the casual fan could ever keep track of it (especially since they never list the current standings anywhere but a website.) It’s hard to follow the tournament and the other problem is it’s hard to follow the tournament – those matches will air live on Terra, but exactly when will they be airing live? “8:30ish, give or take a half hour?” You have to really want to see those matches to spend them time waiting for them to turn up.
You may want to check in early. Last year, Terra frequently turned on the stream before the En Busca de un Idolo matches started, sometimes a match or two early.
CMLL (TUE) 04/08/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Smaker vs Espectrum
2) Black Metal, Esfinge, Leo vs Camorra, Disturbio, Ramstein
3) Silueta vs Zeuxis
4) Máximo, Rey Cometa, Super Porky vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión
5) Titán, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
I’m going to imagine that Apolo Dantes called up CMLL HQ and demanded hometown luchadora Silueta face her greatest rival Zeuxis on a big show he had planned on April 8th, and that’s why they’re not in the cibernetico. Otherwise, there would be no good reason.
Segunda is the most segunda match possible.
AAA TV (SAT) 04/19/2014 Gimnasio Olímpico Juan de la Barrera, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Aerostar, Jennifer Blake, Pimpinela Escarlata vs El Apache, Mamba, Taya Valkyrie
2) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans vs Daga, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Steve Pain
3) Drago & Faby Apache vs Pentagón Jr. & Sexy Star and Dark Cuervo & Mary Apache [AAA MIXED TAG]
Faby Apache & Drago are champions.
4) Blue Demon Jr. vs Villano IV
5) Cibernético, La Parka, Psycho Clown vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr.
Air Date: 04/26
I had this as a double taping, because one of SLP or this show has to be a double taping to cover all three weeks of TV and SLP is already announced as five matches so it needs to be this, only how is SLP working since that would only leave them three days to go from taping to air and they never go that fast so maybe they’re just off a week? aaaaah I dunno. Maybe there will be an extra match here is what I’m saying.
This is show #2 of what was said 10 tapings in this building this year. If they’re really going to hit that number (and you should be a bit skeptical of it), AAA’s running a show in this building once a month from now on. The benefit of the DF shows for fans is AAA puts pressure on themselves to run bigger matches in Mexico City, and so they’re finally getting on with it on at least one front.
Second match should be good (though poor Angelico will be booed again), main event should not, opener should be a fine opener but the middle matches are the only ones with progress. Drago & Faby Apache won those belts in July (in a Farewell To Halloween special) and have had teams challenging them for those belts since about five minutes after the win. Nine months later, they get to defend them for the first time. This match is well overdue. Suicide is around, which seems like bad news for Our Hero Pentagon Jr., but maybe Pentagon will just destroy him earlier to play it safe.
Follow up reports on the Ciudad Victoria taping include mentions of Demon repeating his demand to be the first person to challenge the match, and Chessman stating that Demon should not get that opportunity because Demon missed Rey de Reyes. Chessman said Demon needs to prove himself worthy and specifically declared Villano IV as a more deserving challenger based on the Rey de Reyes match. That appears to be the context to the singles match. It’s not listed as #1 contenders match, but the former Todo x el Todo-ers battle to prove themselves worthy of a title shot. (This was before Chessman lost to Alan Stone, which is definitely not unplanned randomness since a skit with them aired on TV this week, before the title win – it does still seem like planned randomness though.)
Sin Cara – or “a figure which looked like Sin Cara but can’t be proven in court to be Sin Cara” – appeared at the last DF taping. It would make sense for him to appear here again, especially if his non-compete if over, but there’s not been any hint of that yet. They’re still a ways out from this show, but it’s something to keep an eye out for him.