taped 2014-07-08 @ Arena México
Read the rest of this entry »
IWRG (WED) 07/23/2014 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG Facebook, The Gladiatores]
1) Power Bull b Black Niko
Black Niko replaced Black King (or it was a typo to begin with.)
2) Matrix Jr. & Muerte Infernal b Alfa & Omega
3) Emperador Azteca & Látigo b Hip Hop Man & Zurdog
4) Canis Lupus, Rayan, Spartan b Alan Extreme, Golden Magic, Miss Gaviota
First Gaviota match here since March.
5) Danny Casas, Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 DQ Diva Salvaje, Relámpago, Veneno
Rudos took 2/3. Veneno accidentally fouled a referee, got the three count over Mascara, then it was a DQ anyway.
There is less than nothing going on here.
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter continues to suggest Rey Misterio Jr. may take legal measures to get out of his WWE contract. The end game here seems to Free Rey in time to make him available for the AAA/El Rey show, where he’d probably be the biggest name on the show. Except, it’s July, they’re taping in August, and time seems to be running out on this plan. Rey rejoining AAA has been rumored for so long that I wonder if it might have been a reason the tapings have been delayed much from the original plan (Rey would be out of contract and out of any no compete by now if WWE didn’t roll over his contract), but it also doesn’t seem like the story has advanced much. Rey actually taking it to court would progress the story, but it seems likely WWE could keep the issue tied up there for a while to keep Rey off el El Rey anyway. AAA always could use Rey and fight it out in court after the fact, but they were was very reluctant to do that with Myzteziz a country away from WWE.
The Observer also has part 1 of a really good Mil Mascaras bio by Dr. Lucha too.
Indeed Wrestling put together a Top 1000 2014 Lucha Libre power rankings. It uses results and card rank and is obviously meant to be a bit absurd (1000!) but I think it actually turns out not too far off from reality. It’s rough when comparing people who wrestle in one promotion than another because lineups/results turn up more in one place than another, but the CMLL guys at the top of the list are generally the top booked guys this year. Daga making it all the way up to 33 shatters a meme, and the Mr. Nice fan club will be upset about him only being 64th.
Last night’s Tercera Caida is up. They also have the after the show segment with guests Chik Tormenta, Impulso and Estrella Explosiva, and the LA Park vs Dr. Wagner Jr. highlights with a Dr. Wagner promo.
CMLL Informa had Mistico II and Rey Escorpion as guests. Mistico II said his rehab was going well and he expects to return in October or November.
Fuego en el Ring mentions Hit Man lost his mask in the main event of the Arena Jalisco anniversary show. Hit Man is Manual Aceves, 38 years old, 20 years a luchador.
Ringo Mendoza says CMLL will hold a special show honoring him on 08/16 in Arena Coliseo.
DTU announced B-Boy would appear on their August 17 to August 24th run of shows.
Rob has highlights of 05/02/14 CMLL.
SuperLuchas looks at Electroshock’s record in apuesta matches. They also have an interview with Myzteziz, who’s getting really good at pretending his WWE stint was a total positive experience for all involved.
Fuego en el Ring interviews Felina Metalica.
Lucha Libre in Japan
07/24 NOAH: Daisuke Harada [O] & Quiet Storm b Rocky Loco [X] & Jinzo [JTL]
Loco & Jinzo drop to 0-3 and are eliminated from advancing. Their final match in the tournament is on 08/02.
IWRG (SUN) 07/27/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Alfa & Omega vs Hijo De La Bestia & Kaling Black
2) Emperador Azteca & Metaleon vs Anubis Black & Hip Hop Man
3) Alan Extreme, Golden Magic, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Fuerza Guerrera, Guerrero Mixtico
4) Trauma I & Trauma II vs Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47
5) Hijo De Dos Caras, Relámpago, Villano IV vs Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, X-Fly
Traumas vs Oficials might be good.
This is not really new news, but there’s sure a lot of turn over here in the last three months. Seiya, the Clown Corporacion, Mascara Purpura, Chico Che, Arana de Plata, Fresero Jr. and Cien Caras Jr. are among those who all disappeared in April. I remove guys off the “roster” after 90 days after inactivity, so Cien Caras Jr., the Fulgores, Centvrion, Angel del Amor and Hijo de Dr. Wagner JR. will probably be delisted in the upcoming days. The only constant thing about IWRG is the roster constantly turns over, but it feels like there was more concentrated turnover at one point than usual (be it for economical or other reasons.) Most everyone on that list is still working around Mexico City and Distrito Federal somewhere, but outside the reach of AYM’s somewhat reliable cameras.
Definitely unrelated: Lady Afrodita and Pequeno Halcon have disappeared from CMLL lineups for the last three months. Both are turning up on unaffiliated shows, but not anymore in CMLL.
It was a boring two weeks. Just go read the last one again.
- CMLL continued it’s build towards the Juicio Final match with Rush and Negro Casas and their various partners continue to feud. Rush & Shocker kept the tag team titles over Rush & La Sombra. Casas is still the underdog in the hair match, but CMLL seems to be teasing the idea that an angry Rush might get himself DQed and cost himself his hair.
- TripleMania is just around the corner, but AAA itself is in a very quiet period. This past week’s TV and this upcoming week’s seem to have little in-ring build to their biggest show of the year (though they’ve stuffed the show with a lot of vignettes and video packages to fix it.) A three week stretch without a new TV taping comes to an end this weekend, and the full TripleMania card should be announced next week. Text and video promos have started teasing a cage match with Electroshock, Jeff Jarrett, La Parka and many people yet to be named – it’s possible there will be an angle to also include Myzteziz in the match on Sunday’s taping, which would explain why he hasn’t had a taping yet. Electroshock also hinted at bringing in a surprise to counter Karen Jarrett; Electroshock’s wife Lady Apache rejoining AAA would fit well for a couples feud.
- AAA’s TV also revealed TripleMania will be on Sky PPV in Mexico after all – both SummerSlam and TripleMania will air on PPV in Mexico on the same night thru the same provider. AAA also officially anounces TripleMania would also be on iPPV @ triplemaniatv.com. It using a new provider no one knows anything about and the techinical info mentions they’ll only offer refunds if 95% of the show fails to air. (If 12 minutes of 4 hour show airs, they get to keep all the money – though that would be 12 more minutes than last year.) It’s $13 if you are brave enough to purchase it by the end of the month.
- WWE announced they would return to Mexico on 10/18 (Mexico City) and 10/19 (Monterrey). Cesaro and Rosa Mendes came to both cities for press conferences (and not Alberto del Rio or Sin Cara or Rey Misterio Jr.)
- Dragon Rojo’s new start as a tecnico started with a match against fellow misplaced tecnico Volador. It did not work at all. Rojo is more normally feuding with former partner Rey Escorpion. CMLL continues to tease but not announce Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero as the Anniversary main event, and a Rey Escorpion/Dragon Rojo mask vs hair match looms as the most obvious monkey wrench they could throw in.
- AAA’s Fenix has been missing shows with what was announced as a fractured tibia. He’s supposed to be putting his Fusion title on the line at TripleMania, but it sounds like the injury isn’t as bad as it sounds and he’ll be back in time.
- Aeroboy beat Black Terry to tie up series of matches on ChilangaMask shows.
- Hijo de Dos Caras won the vacant IWRG IC Heavyweight Championship in what reads like a disaster of a ladder match. They broke all the (cheap) ladders they had, and then they could get the belt untied. No one hand to do a job so the luchadors were happy, which is truly the important thing.
- People who kept their titles Delta & Guerrero Maya (Arena Coliseo Tag, disappointing match), Virus (world lightweight), Guerreros (world trios), Daga (Cruiserweight title on an AAA spot show in Tijuana). Various Guadalajara titles changed hands, which doesn’t really matter.
- Loco Max lost his hair in a match he wasn’t supposed to be in, which is a very Loco Max (or Monterrey) story.
- Konnan Big had a match.
CMLL (TUE) 07/22/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Magnus & Sensei b Apocalipsis & Ramstein
2) Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito b Angelito, Astral, Eléctrico
Rudos took 1/3, including a Martillo Negro on Angelito.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Cachorro, Stigma, Tritón
Rey Cometa, Fuego, Ephesto and Misterioso were subbed out for Cachorro, Stigma, Raziel and Cancerbero on Monday. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. b Ephesto, Hechicero, Misterioso II
Replaces a Felino/Stuka Jr. lightning match. Tecs took 2/3, but Cometa needed medical help after hurting his knee in the third fall.
5) Cavernario, Rey Bucanero, Terrible b Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Titán
Rudos took 1/3, Cavernario beating Titan in both rudo falls. Cavernario asked for his title shot against Titan, which he won with the En Busca de un Idolo tournament.
6) Euforia b Valiente
Euforia took 1/3, sneaking in a foul.
I’m not really sure why you can’t do a clean finish in Euforia & Valiente, two guys just on the fringes of top mix. I think lucha libre programmers feel like having ‘controversial’ finishes actually add value – it gives the fans something to be emotional about as they leave – but I don’t think it actually works out that way.
Cometa seemed to be limping a little bit on Sunday, so this might have been a knee injury that was bugging him for a while. He’s a high flying luchador, he’s definitely got knee issues that have been bugging him for a while.
CMLL (TUE) 07/22/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Exterminador & Virgo b Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Silueta b Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
Tiffany replaced Zeuxis. Tecnicas took 1/3.
3) Boby Zavala & Olímpico b Sky Kid & Smaker © [OCCIDENTE TAG]
Rudos took falls 1/3 to win the championship. Sky Kid and Smaker fall on their third defense.
4) Ángel de Oro, Sagrado, Super Porky b Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Ripper
Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Gran Guerrero, Shocker, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Blue Panther, Volador Jr.
Rudos took 2/3 with the usual Atlantis/UG feuding.
That tag title change is inexplicable. Sky Kid & Smaker are essentially the only tecnico tag team here and Olimpico is Olimpico so why even bother? Guadalajara booking works on a level I clearly do not understand. Olimpico did get a shirt that wasn’t ripped/stretched a few weeks ago, which was clearly the key to this title run. (And the people/person who makes these decisions has consisently valued Olimpico much higher than everyone else.)
CZW’s Masada will be working the 09/20 ChilangaMask show in Arena Roberto Paz.
WWS posted results for their own show on their own Facebook site, becomes my new favorite indy promotion.
Segunda Caida reviews Averno, Mephisto, Último Guerrero vs Damián 666, Misterioso II, Mr. Águila.
Koko Viper lost his hair to Memo Valles in a Monterrey cage match. Match didn’t get started until 12:22 AM because the show was running so long (and people left before it did.)
Bio of Oaxaca’s el Zombie.
CMLL (TUE) 07/29/2014 Arena México
1) Aéreo & Stukita vs Mercurio & Pierrothito
2) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Lluvia vs Dalys, La Seductora, Tiffany
3) Dragon Lee, Pegasso, Starman vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro, Sagrado, Stuka Jr. vs Boby Zavala, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
5) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Super Porky vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
6) Titán © vs Cavernario [MEX WELTER]
Titan’s fifth defense
Titan and Cavernario getting a main event is unusual. CMLL won’t usually book national title matches as the last match unless it’s involving long running stars. Then again, there’s not a lot else going on this show.
No lightning match again. Put the opener on the internet!
CMLL (TUE) 07/29/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Brillante & El Divino vs Acertijo & Magnum
2) Leo & Metatrón vs Canelo Casas & Infierno
3) Fuego, Omar Brunetti, Tritón vs Disturbio, Maléfico, Ráfaga
4) Princesa Sugehit vs Princesa Blanca [lightning]
5) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Felino, Puma, Tiger
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Indeserables vs Negra/UG, Panthers vs Cats (Felino instea of Negro Casas.) One more Princesas match, Blanca’s potential final match ever in Guadalajara.
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
AAA on Televisa: 2014-07-12
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-07-12
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-07-12
CMLL on Terra: 2014-07-13
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-07-13
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL Puebla: 2014-07-13
taped 2014-06-30 @ Arena Puebla
Black Tiger, Milenium, Paris vs Centauro de Fuego, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr.:
Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Stigma vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Virus:
Asturiano vs Pequeño Warrior for the mask and for the hair:
Shocker vs Rush
CMLL (MON) 07/21/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque]
1) Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr. b Black Tiger & Milenium
2) Pegasso & Starman b King Jaguar & Siki Ozama Jr.
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Princesa Blanca b Princesa Sugehit [lightning]
Blanca used a mask pull to win.
4) Blue Center, Boby Zavala, El Cavernario b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr.
Best match of the night.
5) Máximo, Rush, Super Porky DQ Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Felino replaced Dragon Rojo Jr. Rush got ticked off and fouled Negro Casas again.
6) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero © b Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. [CMLL TRIOS]
Guerreros took 2/3, with Atlantis and UG directly beating each other in each fall. Second defense for the Guerreros.
Attendance looked pretty good, thought not a sell out. They have to be setting up Atlantis versus Ultimo Guerrero for Anniversario, or I have no idea what CMLL is doing. (I have no idea what CMLL is doing.)
CMLL made it’s usual Monday card updates – sort of. The Arena Mexico lineup page hasn’t been updated, but the prose preview for tonight’s show has a few different matches than had been announced. The Stuka/Felino lightning match is gone (and Felino is not booked; maybe last night was a makeup), with a new trios match of Fuego/Stuka/Cometa vs Ephesto/Misterioso/Hechicero taking it’s place. Everyone but Stuka & Hechicero were originally booked in the tercera, so Cachorro, Stigma, Raziel and Cancerbero are added onto the card (teaming with Triton & Virus in what should be a really good match.) There’s no lightning match, which leaves CMLL.com with no new match to post in week 2 of posting matches, but maybe they’ll choose the opener since it’s unlikely to air.
The main event remains Valiente vs Euforia, a first time ever singles match between the runners up from first two En Busca de un Idolo tournaments. (Their first ever known match up of any kind was back in 2006, an Arena Coliseo opener with Molotov and Zayco.) It seems like a makeup match for Valiente missing out on the Mephisto match. Guadalajara has the odd Sky Kid & Smaker vs Boby Zavala & Olimpico tag title match.
There was a farewell party for Gimnasio Gloria on Sunday; the lucha/boxing closing down after 90 years. The owner of the building says he was losing money. XMW had been running the building in the last couple of years, and that’s the place Astro de Plata was severely injured. There are good memories too but that’s the one that came to mind.
Rob has highlights of 04/29/14 CMLL.
ChilangaMask is headed to Queretaro in September.
Shocker & Negro Casas are #1 in CMLL’s top 10 list.
Psycho Clown talks up his match with Texano Jr.
Rey Horus talks his visit to Naucalpan.
A profile of Lucha Libre Femenil.
CMLL (MON) 07/28/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Meyer vs El Rebelde & Fuerza Chicana
2) Astral & Eléctrico vs Demus 3:16 & Espíritu Maligno
3) Dragon Lee, Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Siki Ozama Jr.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Stigma, Valiente vs Ephesto, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
5) Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Blue Center [mask]
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
This match probably finishes off both Arena Puebla anniversary season and Blue Center. Young Tigre Rojo Jr. (or Blue Center, I guess) would join Stigma, Asturiano and Espiritu Maligno as Arena Puebla regulars who got big wins over the last year. There’s a lot more big wins being handed out here, but it does feel like a conscious effort to promote the locals more. Maybe Lestat should’ve stuck around? Or maybe he knew better if he was going to be in the winning group or not.
I joked about turning Espiritu Maligno into a mini to fill in for Pequeno Violencia and they’re pretty much doing it in the second. Bring him to Mexico City!
No Puebla – I didn’t get it recorded. I had a really nice streak there too…
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7SaRxzHtCciYJbE6oEYLLyx
AAA on Televisa: 2014-07-19
taped 2014-07-03 @ Arena Xalapa, Xalapa, Veracruz
1) Dinastía & Octagoncito vs Mini Histeria & Mini Psycho Clown
2) Alebrije, Argenis, Ludxor vs Gran Apache, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
3) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Myzteziz, Psycho Clown vs Averno, Chessman, Daga, Zorro
Cara a Cara/Ending
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-07-19
taped 2014-07-08 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Full Show: http://ul.to/yxa618yr
1) Omar Brunetti, Sky Kid, Smaker vs Boby Zavala, Olímpico, Sangre Azteca
2) Máximo, Super Porky, Volador Jr. vs Ephesto, Gran Guerrero, Pierroth
3) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-07-19
taped 2014-07-15 @ Arena México
1) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs El Rebelde, Hooligan, Metálico
Dark Angel Fitness section
2) Dragon Lee, Sagrado, Starman vs Okumura, Skándalo, Virus
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Puma, Tiger, Vangellys
4) Cavernario, Euforia, Mr. Niebla vs Máximo, Titán, Valiente
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-07-20
taped 2014-07-11 @ Arena México
1) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Cavernario, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Mid Show Intro
2) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Marcela vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
3) La Sombra vs Shocker
CMLL on Terra: 2014-07-20
taped 2014-07-20 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Black Panther & Flyer vs Cholo & Espanto Jr.
2) Angelito, Eléctrico, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Oro Jr., Starman, Tritón vs Cancerbero, Metálico, Raziel
4) Blue Panther vs Boby Zavala in a lightning match
5) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Niebla Roja
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-07-20
taped 2014-07-13 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Látigo & Metaleon vs Anubis Black & Hijo De La Bestia
2) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Veneno vs Relámpago, Trauma I, Trauma II in a relevos increíbles match
3) Diva Salvaje, Súper Nova, Toscano vs Eterno, Fuerza Guerrera, X-Fly
4) Hijo De Dos Caras & Máscara Sagrada vs Demon Clown & Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
Noches de Coliseo: 2014-07-20
taped 2014-07-13 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Cirio Negro I, Cirio Negro II, Cirio Negro III, Hijo de la Muerte vs 30-30, Baby Power, Jack (Monterrey), Mr. Rebelde
2) Dark Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Dark Spíritu vs Carta Brava Jr. (AAA), Demon Rocker, Steve Pain
3) Desafio & Panthro vs Gato Fantasma & Vaquero Romo
http://ul.to/780u7pfa - missing the second fall