taped 2013-08-06 @ Arena Mexico Read the rest of this entry »
CMLL HUMO (SAT) 08/31/2013 Gimnasio del Cobach Forestal, Durango, Durango [Deporte al Maximo]
1) Punisher, Punisher, Strong Dragon b Aerboy, Crazy Mouse, Gran Chuy
2) La Sádica & Sadic Maiden b Princesa Guerrera & Red Angel
Female referee La Faraona officiated this match.
3) Cerebro Negro & Fantasma de la Ópera b Fulgor (Durango) & Rey Angel
Not the Mexico City Fulgor. Rey Angel was strechered out.
4) Lobo Del Aire, Siniestro, Zumbido DQ Loco Max, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
Okumura fouled Zumbido in front of the ref for the DQ. Lobo and Siniestro beat up Zumbido after the match, with Cerebro Negro & Fantasma making the sav and challenges were filed.
5) Diamante Azul b Pierroth
Announced as a title match, but no title and no pre-match presentation. One fall match. La Faraona helped Pierroth, but Azul still won with la de a caballo. Pierroth did not look good.
Said to be a poor turnout.
LUCHAS 2000 (SAT) 08/31/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, R de Rudo, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Golden Bull & Ranger b Shoeline & Tobby
2) Goya Kong & Marcela b Amapola & Tiffany
3) Comando Negro, Freelance, Suicida b Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic
Money thrown in.
4) Chamuel DQ Zacarias el Perico [lightning]
Zacarias, in what was billed as his debut, pulled Chamuel’s mask for the DQ.
5) Negro Navarro, Shu el Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Blue Panther, Negro Casas
Feuds were Negro/Negro, Atlantis/UG and Panther/Shu. UG snuck in a foul on Atlantis for the win.
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada DQ Averno, Mephisto, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Volador pulled Sombra’s mask for the DQ.
Last three finishes were DQ (mask pull), foul, DQ (mask pull.) Building looks around 60% full, which should be disappointing with the Anniversary feuds.
indy (SAT) 08/31/2013 Plan Sexenal, Mexico City [Estrellas del Ring, R de Rudo]
1) Payaso De Plata & Payaso Extremo b Devils Extreme & Ozono
2) Crazy Star, Demencia, Hagen b Kanon, Oculto, Sexy Pólvora
3) Caballero De Plata & Dement Extreme b Atomic Boy & Elektro Boy
Atomic Boy and Caballero de Plata were both hurt during the match
4) Cósmico, Diva Salvaje, Mini Talisman b Douki, Hanaoka, Príncipe Orión
5) Flamita & Turbo b Eterno & Thunder and Carta Brava Jr. & Dinamic Black and Alan Extreme & Golden Magic
6) Groon XXX, Silver King Jr., Toscano b Ek Balam Jr., Trauma I, Trauma II
Curious show – it’s a lot of the non-Perros from the Perros del Mal roster (plus Traumas & Ek Balam, who were indy Perros del Mal members last we knew) where they used the actually Perros del Mal mat and referee and frequent building, but it wasn’t at all promoted as Perros del Mal show and drew about a 1/3rd of the building. This kind of reads like someone else has taken over the promotion and split with Perro, but I don’t know if that’s actually what happened. This show was built around the return of Gronda, who did Gronda like things in the main event.
CMLL (SUN) 09/01/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Brillante & El Divino b El Yaki & Satara
tecnicos took 1/3
2) Jocker & Ráfaga b El Ídolo & Halcón de Plata
Rafaga replaced Acertijo. Rudos took 2/3, Joker sneaking in Idolo.
3) Sky Kid, Smaker, Virgo b Demonio Maya, Demonio Rojo, Exterminador
Tecnicos took 2/3. Exterminador pulled Sky Kid, but Sky Kid got another mask (from the fans?) and came back to win.
4) Black Metal, Gallo, Leo b Espectrum, Infierno, Maléfico
Tecnicos took 2/3, Gallo (and Gallito) beating Espectrum.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, Rush, Stuka Jr.
Guerreros took 1/3, Euforia beating Rush.
Either they’re setting up a trios trios match here, or CMLL has Euforia beat Rush for no real reason. Both is possible! And you think they wouldn’t have Tanahashi go thru Rush, Atlantis and Sombra in a week…
52 aspiring luchadors tried out for at the Puebla lucha libre licensing exam. 4 couldn’t finish, 1 with a leg injury. The other 48 will find out in a few weeks if they passed.
Pegasso took Perverso’s hair in Puebla. (No date is listed, but I would guess Friday.)
LA Park beat Dr. Wagner Jr. (again) in Tijuana. Hijo de Fishman took Extassis’ hair in the undercard.
Looks like the Traumas picked up the tag titles tonight.
Alex has highlights of 04/19/13 CMLL.
Lucha Libre in Japan
09/01 Stardom: Io Shirai b Dark Angel [5Star GP] – Dark Angel drops to 1-1.
Cronicas y Leyendas likes Dr. Wagner vs Angel Blanco in 1980
Vaquerita & Zeuxis promo for the title match.
Ohtani’s Jacket reviews random lucha libre.
IWRG (THU) 09/05/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Emperador Azteca vs Fulgore II
2) Astro Rey Jr., Mr. Leo, Seiya vs Dragón Celestial, Fulgor I, Imposible
3) Centvrión, Golden Magic, Veneno vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Dinamic Black vs Oficial 911 [IWRG Rey del Ring]
Dinamic Black is champion. 3rd defense, rematch of the title change.
5) Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Tony Rivera vs Black Terry, Trauma I, Trauma II
Main event story is Fuerza Guerrera is bitter about
being left out of the maestros matches everything
Dinamic Black and Oficial 911 have had two matches, which were about the same title match. Maybe this one won’t be.
AAA RCH (MON) 09/16/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Centvrión & Seiya vs Ares & Impulso
2) Atomic Boy, Jennifer Blake, Pimpinela Escarlata vs El Apache, Taya Valkyrie, Yuriko
3) Angélico & Jack Evans vs Carta Brava Jr. & Eterno
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Argos, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano
5) Joe Lider vs Daga, Último Gladiador [hair, hardcore]
There are way too many shows at the same time on 09/16. Nice of them to bunch the matches I’d like together.
AAA TV (FRI) 08/30/2013 Arena Naucalpan [AAA, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) La Magnifica & Mary Apache b Faby Apache & Lolita
Mary won when Cuervo distracted Faby. Cuervo and Faby had words after the match.
2) Dinastía & Mascarita Sagrada b Mini Charly Manson & Mini Histeria
Sagrada was a crowd favorite and beat Histeria.
3) Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Niño Hamburguesa b Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
Hijo de Pirata’s first AAA match since 2007. Nino splashed Carta for the win. Juvi returned, asking to rejoin the Mexican Powers. They said YES. There was probably some dancing.
4) Angélico & Jack Evans b Machine Rocker & Soul Rocker and Daga & Psicosis
Jack pinned Machine Rocker with a 630 senton.
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Chessman, Pentagón Jr., Texano Jr.
Pentagon Jr. replaced Ultimo Gladiador and took the pin, so still no title shot for Psycho Clown.
6) Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz b Cibernético, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, El Mesías
first announced as a normal match, then a cage, then just a normal match when it happened. Cibernetico and Perro fought, the Secta got in a foul, and got the gift win. Faby ran in post match but was beat up with help from Espiritu and Mary Apache.
Air Date: 09/07?
Building appeared to be completely sold out.
Unsure how strong a victory La Secta got here. No idea what the deal was with the cage. Mary Apache appears to be in La Secta, which is definitely weird. No facepaint yet. Maybe they are setting up Drago & Faby vs Mary & Cuervo?
Texano really should start complaining about Psycho Clown getting infinite chances.
Juvi’s return was mentioned during the live updates, but not in AAA’s poster show recap. There was definitely some dancing after the match.
Back at it next Friday night in Toluca.
CMLL (FRI) 08/30/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL, CMLL on Terra]
1) Apocalipsis & Disturbio b Metálico & Sensei
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca b Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Marcela
Seductora pinned Marcela in the first (only after Blanca powerbombed Marcela.) At the end of a long second fall, Marcela accidentally missile dropkicked Dallys, and Dallys attacked her not at all on accident. Rudas took advantage for the win. Dallys, looking like the ruda in the new issue, refused to make friends and stormed off after the match.
3) Averno, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Mistico
Rudos took 1/3. Revolucionarios beat Estetas in the third and challenged for a title shot. Mascara Dorada accepted for “proxima fecha.” Panther and Averno feuded heavily and brawled to the back at the finish.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Titán [CMLL Universal, eightfinal]
Dragon Bomb for the win.
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi b Shigeo Okumura [CMLL Universal, eightfinal]
Okumura was a last minute replacement for Diamante Azul (out for “personal reasons”.) Tanahashi worked tecnico and won with a german suplex.
6) La Sombra b Mephisto [CMLL Universal, eightfinal]
Sombra double moonsault (after kicking out of Mephisto’s valagueza and super Devil’s Wings.)
7) Virus b Valiente [CMLL Universal, eightfinal]
Virus won clean with the Gori Special.
8) Hiroshi Tanahashi b Dragón Rojo Jr. [CMLL Universal, quarterfinal]
Tanahashi survived Rojo’s top rope double stomp and put on a cloverleaf for the submission win.
9) La Sombra b Virus [CMLL Universal, quarterfinal]
Sombra Brillante Driver to advance.
10) Hiroshi Tanahashi b La Sombra [CMLL Universal, final]
Good match. Sombra started to go for the rope flip moonsault, but was distracted by Volador Jr. Tanahashi dropped Sombra with the Hooligan Crash and landed the High Fly Flow for the win. Sombra challenged Tanahashi to mask versus hair match. Tanahashi did not accept.
11) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush b Felino, Negro Casas, Volador Jr.
Negro submitted Rush with an STF in the first. Maximo beat Volador with the Kiss of Death in the second. Maximo and Marco beat the Casas brothers clean in the third. Some great Negro versus Rush action.
Terra’s feed died during the Blue Panther/Averno match, but was fine otherwise. Universal tournament matches seemed better than usual. Announcers did the usual Fox wrap up bit after Tanahashi/Sombra, so the Universal tournament should be airing on that show. The rest – maybe Galavision? maybe nowhere? Maybe 52MX since there’s no Sunday taping?
I’m sure Mascara Dorada said “proxima fecha”, but apparently that doesn’t mean next week. Or the Anniversary show, so far, because it’s not been added to that. None of the guys are on next week’s card.
Diamante Azul is supposed to be defending his title versus Pierroth today in Durango.
CMLL also officially announced Sunday’s Arena Coliseo show is canceled.
Ex-IWRG luchador Chicano, reported as suffering a career ending injury in a car accident earlier this year, is back wrestling on an AAA spot show in Chihuahua at the end of the month.
LuchaWorld has 90 to 81 of their 2012 countdown.
Porra Fresa previews Monday’s card.
Cronicas y Leyendas looks back at Dr. Wagner vs Alfonso Dantes in 1975.
CMLL (FRI) 09/06/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Astral, Bam Bam, Eléctrico vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
2) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura
3) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Super Porky vs Terrible, Tiger, Vangellys
4) Diamante Azul, La Máscara, Shocker vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
5) Atlantis & La Sombra vs Último Guerrero & Volador Jr.
6) Rush vs Hiroshi Tanahashi [CMLL Universal, final]
Whatever the outcome, that should be a good main event.Semimain is the last minute preview of the anniversary match and looks sure to end with everyone fighting everyone.
I guess Diamante Azul’s personal issues will be over next week?
Terrible, Tiger and Vangellys are listed as TRT. Everyone’s in the group!
AAA is back to taping TV tonight in Arena Naucalpan. The main event was originally scheduled to be a normal trios match, but it will instead be a cage match including La Secta members Cuervo, Ozz and Escoria, Perro Aguayo, Mesias and Cibernetico (with nothing on the line.) The original idea was the tecnicos & Perro had to find away to get along to fight the Secta, but that seems less vital now that they’re in a cage and not really a team. It’s a big proving ground for La Secta, who had a good start a month ago with their attack on the tecnicos and need to keep it rolling if they’re going to be believed as a strong rudo unit. Semimain is another Consejo (& oddly Ultimo Gladiador) versus Psycho Circus match.
First four matches have less ongoing story but all could be really good. Magnficia and Lolita get rare TV appearances in the opener (in what looks like it could be the best women’s match in Arena Naucalpan in “I don’t even know how long”). Dinastia faces off his best opponent – Mini Histeria – in the minis match. The Mexican Powers get the chance to be less extreme and more kid friendly in a trios match against a sort of IWRG crew and a Jack/Angelico versus Rockers vs Perros del Mal three way match could be the best match anywhere tonight.
CMLL has it’s usual Friday night show in Arena Mexico. Sunday’s cancellation means tonight’s show will be broadcast live on Terra.mx at 8:30 pm CT. There’s a generally meaningless (but possibly good) trios main event, and the real focus is on the Universal tournament. There are guys I like in this block – Titan! Valiente! Virus! – but they really might as well skip all first and second round matches and just give Sombra and Tanahashi 15 minutes. It would be a massive upset if they weren’t the final two, and it looks very likely that Tanahashi will advance to face Rush next week, leaving only the quality the block final will be as the only big mystery. The more time they get, the better it’ll be.
Meanwhile, Panther and Averno meet in the tercera but their feud may not be the story coming out of it. CMLL is very slightly teasing a Revolucinarios versus Estetas trios title match; we should know if it’s happening and when it’s happening by the end of the night.
There is a rumor today’s teachers march may end up causing tonight’s Arena Mexico show to be canceled, but there’s been no new news about this in hours and it seems likely the show will happen.
As noted last night, CMLL and AAA are off GalaTV this week. There’s a Veracruz/Monterrey game starting at 4:45 instead, though they could’ve easily moved the shows around and still aired them instead of the 100th repeat of Secrets of Magic Revealed! AAA people have bragged about how their show gets better ratings than WWE (as recently as Perro Aguayo Jr. in this week’s SuperLuchas), but it’s pretty obvious that doesn’t matter too much to Televisa – they’d air Raw at the wrong time if they had to, but not AAA or CMLL. Neither promotion has acknowledged the preemption.
Didn’t notice it last night, but the Mexican baseball playoffs wrapped up. (Quintaa Roo Tigres won.) Both TVC Deportes and the AYM family of networks were to carry games this weekend if the series kept going. Expect all the lucha libre times to move around now that they’ve got the opening.
A recap of last Sunday’s show in Coliseo Tulancingo mentions local luchador Rocky Lobo is headed to Japan. Lobo is a DTU regular and has popped up in AAA. No promotion is mentioned. He doesn’t fit the look of the guy teased to be joining Eita’s group in Dragon Gate, though he’d have the right connections to be there. Lobo is also related to Super Crazy, so NOAH seems possible, but there’s no sign of him on their just announced tour. Maybe it’s a small group?
Last night’s Tercera Caida included a recap of the ChilangaMask show and an interview with Escoria & Cuervo.
LuchaWorld has a recap of this past week’s CMLL Gala TV episode. A good one to go out on, if that’s what happened.
Rob has highlights of 02/22/13 CMLL.
Alex has highlights of 01/12/13 CMLL Guadalajara.
DTU says their next show in Arena Aficion will include Crazy Boy & Super Crazy in the same ring in the first time in 10 years. (More like 3 months.)
All the revenue from a lucha show in Reynosa this weekend will be donated to a cancer charity.
Los Indestructibles are after Ultimo Vampiro and Ultimo Gladiador.
Aereo & Pagano from Juarez and Ludark are wrestling in Panama this weekend.
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-08-10
Rey Hechicero vs Charles Lucero [Poder Y Honor] – EXCELLENT. A really good match with an unforgettable moment.
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
- CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-08-10
- CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-08-10
- CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-08-10
- CMLL on Televisa: 2013-08-10
Matches To Watch Later
Leo Riano knew what he was talking about: CMLL & AAA are off GalaTV this week. (At least according to entutele and Teleivsa’s website – TV Guide still lists them on at normal times.) This happened back on 08/03, with no warning that week, and the shows were were back on next week. There needs to be at least two straight weeks of no TV before worrying about any long term change, but CMLL & AAA losing GalaTV would be tremendous change to the status quo.
En Busca de un Idolo also is missing from the schedule.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: this will still air on UTDN, and be at least half of the Queretaro show. This probably works out as a 1 week taping, which means Psycho Circus vs Consejo and Cibernetico/Parka/Mesias vs Perro/Negra/Chessman definitely air, and a couple picks from the undercard.
AAA-Fusion: Whatever’s left from the Queretaro show
== CMLL ==
Galavision/Televisa: A bit of trouble, since this was supposed to have Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero and the CMLL Universal tournament. They’ve a made an effort to put the best matches on this show the last couple of weeks, which may have been a way to stave off whatever’s happening.
FOX: Tanahashi/Namjague/Puma vs Marco/Maximo/Shocker, Oro/Maya/Titan vs Misterioso/Taichi/Vangelis. Maybe the opener if they have time. (Maybe the stuff that was on Televisa if they have a lot of warning time.)
52MX: Tanahashi/Pierroth/Terrible vs the Guerreros, Panther/Azul/Porky vs Euforia/Felino/Taichi, Okumura vs Fuego
C3: Guerreros vs Atlantis/Mascara/Thunder
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Rey Escorpion vs Ultimo Guerrero for the light heavyweight title
En Busca de un Idolo: Misterioso vs Stuka, Fuego vs Sangre Azteca were supposed to air.
Terra: AIRING FRIDAY’S SHOW, so the Universal tournament Block B and a Rush versus Negro Casas trios main event.
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: AYM lists the show as a whole half hour sooner, but it doesn’t mean anything until Sunday. Traumas vs FdT, AULL vs IWRG.
Noches de Coliseo: Hechicero/Simbolo/Silencio vs Diluvio Negro/Golden Boy/Vaquero Romo?
IWL: The trios tournament from the 06/18 Arena Aficion show
Leo Riano says there was a rumor a few weeks ago that lucha libre would be leaving broadcast TV in Mexico and the rumor has gotten stronger. That’s the GalaTV shows, and we’ve seen that network make weekend programming changes each year in time with the start of the NFL season (which starts next week.) The wording suggest to me that the rumor is the shows would still exist and probably still within the greater Televisa universe of networks, but maybe on a Televisa Deportes cable channel instead of the current free to all channel. I don’t want to delve into too heavy because it’s acknowledged as just a rumor, but it’d obviously be bad news for both promotions and have some very interesting ripple effects – the wrong network could seriously harm AAA, the right one could allow them to regain the rights to sell their US TV shows after all.
10/16: Plaza de Toros Santa Maria, Queretaro – culture shock
10/17: Arena VFG, Guadalajara
10/18: Arena Ciudad de Mexico
10/19: Arena Monterrey
This week’s WON mentions AAA might be running Heroes Inmortales in Guadalajara, which would be around the same time as the WWE show. Alberto Del Rio, Rey Misterio and Big Show were announced for the tour. The WWE.com tour page adds the Wyatt Family and CM Punk. Sin Cara’s name was not mentioned. Resume fantasy booking!
Terra will broadcast Friday’s Arena Mexico show, replacing the usual Sunday broadcast. They’ve already announced the 09/13 show as airing as well, so it’ll be at least two of the next three Fridays.
WWL has essentially moved it’s 09/06 show from Nuevo Laredo to Saltillo. There were issues with the Nuevo Laredo venue, so they’ve moved 3.5 hours to the southwest. Lineup is the same.
Tercera Caida airs today at 5:30 pm, while there’s a Fusion show scheduled for 6pm on Friday. Either AAA takes another big break after the Toluca show, or there should be a couple new Fusion episodes in the next few weeks.
Hijo del Santo gives some attention to someone in need of an ego boost – Dr. Wagner Junior! This week’s column is about talking about Wagner as perhaps the most complete luchador in Mexico. I often wonder who Santo is writing this column for – maybe people who do not actually watch lucha libre – because he takes effort to explain Wagner’s normal gestures and catch phrases as if Wagner had not been a mainstay for the last 20 years. At the same time, Santo also repeatedly mentions he prefers Wagner Sr.’s look and style over his son’s, but the people seem to like his son’s and other similar slightly cutting remarks. I can’t tell if he’s being weird or just building up the feud for the mask match. Santo makes sure to get in the shot on AAA (the promotion that made him a tentpole of the promotion didn’t treat him with respect.)
LA Park, building up his own match with Dr. Wagner in Tijuana, still says he doesn’t want Hijo del Santo in a mask match.
Blue Panther says he’s been training with his sons in preparation for his hair match with Averno. Panther says he and Averno have agreed to submission rules and hopes Averno doesn’t take it back (which suggests this is not an official stipulation and may be ignored in the actual match to the great annoyance of people watching.) If Averno keeps up his side of it, Panther feels this might be the greatest match in the history of CMLL.
Cibernetico is a bit concerned about La Secta and Perros del Mal maybe having secretly planned this whole thing to set Cibernetico up for a beatdown on Friday night. Cibernetico reminds Perro that he was attacked too and he’ll get revenge on La Secta with or without him.
Black Terry Jr. highlights of Gym Rivera versus Gym FILL.
- Part two of AAA’s interview with Texano Jr.
- Justin Credible promo for the IWL show, in case you thought this wasn’t actually happening.
- IWL will have an IWL Versus Everyone show on 10/05 in Arena Neza.
- Arena Coliseo Monterrey lists Tigre Unviersitario vs Hijo del Espanto for the Mexican National Cruiserweight Championship this Sunday. It’s possibly the FILL Middleweight title.
- Angel o Demonio won the Guerrero State Light Heavyweight Championship from Pez Tigre when Tigre wouldn’t let go of his winning armbar. Dumbest way to lose a title.
- Arkangel’s October match in Chile is against Trox, a former trainee who worked the battle royal on the Arkangel anniversary show.
- Ex-AAA lucahdor Amnesia needs surgery for an arm injury, and a benefit show will be held in Tijuana
Lucha Libre In Japan
Violento Jack lost to Jun Kasai in the semifinals of the PAIN Limit match in a “double dangerous cross-board deathmatch”. Jack offered a handshake of respect after the match, but it was a setup to a powerbomb instead. Kasai would go onto lose in the final. I’d guess it’s not the end for Jack and Kasai.
NOAH introduces Fenix. They have Fenix for 4 Fusion title defenses, which is the same number as the luchawiki (which is probably wrong.)
Zeuxis & Vaquerita get their REINA Tag Team Championship title match on 09/08.
CMLL (TUE) 09/03/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Aéreo & Pequeño Halcón vs Pequeño Violencia & Pequeño Warrior
2) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Canelo Casas, Disturbio
3) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado vs Namajague, Puma, Virus
4) Fuego vs Boby Zavala [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Thunder vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
6) Rush, Terrible, Vangellys vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Valiente [Relevos Increíbles]
Between this match, Puebla and the anniversary match, that’s three different increible matches where Rush is on the pseuedo-rudo side. Hmm. Meanwhile, Rush was in SuperLuchas this week, saying he didn’t want to be a rudo because all the fans cheer for the rudos and he doesn’t want to be cheered.
I need some Thunder/Dorada teamwork spots. Namajague, Puma and Virus is a great evil crew. Maybe Disturbio can make friends with Canelo now that Zavala has left him behind. Skipping the opener is fine.
CMLL (TUE) 09/03/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Esfinge & Metatrón vs Ráfaga & Sádico
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Cancerbero, Raziel
3) Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis
4) Pólvora vs Ángel de Oro [CMLL WELTER]
Polvora is champion. Fifth defense.
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Marco Corleone vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Tanahashi’s Guadalajara appearance on this trip.
La función de lucha libre del próximo domingo 01 de septiembre se suspende por las marchas de los maestros
— Jose Luis Feliciano (@guerrero_cmll) August 29, 2013
Tuesday seemed in danger of being canceled due to a teacher’s protest. It went on, but the Sunday show in Arena Coliseo has already been called off because of another planned teacher’s protest.
This would’ve been the lineup:
CMLL (SUN) 09/01/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Leono & Molotov vs Akuma & Canelo Casas
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
3) Hijo del Fantasma vs Tiger [lightning]
4) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Thunder vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Atlantis vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
That Hijo del Fantasma versus Tiger match is cursed.
Tanahashi was announced to be in CMLL until 09/08. It’s possible they could just reschedule his match versus Atlantis for that date if it’s not the day he’s expected to leave. If it doesn’t happen on 09/08, then it’s unlikely it will ever occur; Tanahashi may not be returning to Mexico any time soon, it’s unlikely to take place in NJPW and there’s no telling where Atlantis’ career will be headed after 09/13.
Terra’s weekly broadcast will be of tomorrow’s Friday night show instead. It’s unknown what CMLL will do with the the 52MX show (which uses the Terra Sunday broadcast.) If anyone’s looking for an idea, I would remind them that the Arena Coliseo Anniversary show never aired in the US and it’d be a nice thing to repeat.