taped 2014-05-24 @ Explanada del Parque Bicentenario, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas
Read the rest of this entry »
CMLL (SUN) 06/29/2014 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Akuma & Espanto Jr. b Bengala & Leono
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Artillero & Hooligan b Flyer & Sensei
Star Jr. & Guerrero Negro Jr. were pulled from the match on Monday. Rudos took 1/3.
3) Black Panther, Oro Jr., Tritón b Boby Zavala, Metálico, Skándalo
Black Panther replaced Rey Cometa. Oro submitted Metalico for the win with an arm scissors on the right arm. (That’s the shoulder Metalico hurt previously.) Metalico was hurting, but took Oro’s mask after the match. Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. b Felino, Puma, Tiger
Originally a lightning match with Maximo vs Felino. Tiger and Puma added to the card, Cometa, and Oro pulled from different matches. Longest and best match on the show. Tecnicos took 2/3, with Stuka and Puma feuding during the match.
5) Kamaitachi, Misterioso Jr., Okumura b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán
Titan replaced Angel de Oro on Monday. Rudos took 2/3 in a somewhat disappointing match. Okumura issued a Coliseo tag team challenge in the post match promo.
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Marco Corleone and Maximo replaced Stuka & Titan. Tecnicos took 2/3. Escorpion and Polvora had problems with Dragon Rojo thru the match, and Rojo almost cost his team the match a few times before finally losing.
Terra returned for this show – sort of. There were major buffering problems until a couple minutes into the first fall, and then it worked okay from there. I’m under the assumption the problems on Sunday are different than the issue this past Friday – that was never even acknowledged during the show.
It was a very skippable show. Dragon Rojo as a tecnico still makes no sense but that’s obviously where they were going.
(My HD recording may be wrecked, but I did get the show in Alta.)
CMLL (SUN) 06/29/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Relampago Azul b Marvel
2) Índigo & William Rock b Furia Nazi & Satara
Tecnicos take 1/3.
3) El Brillante b Demonio Rojo
4) Espectrum, Infierno, Sádico bExterminador, Leo, León Blanco
Rudos took 1/3, Espectrum sneaking in a foul on Leon Blanco.
5) Negro Casas & Negro Navarro b Solar I & Valiente
Rudos took 2/3, Navarro defeating Solar to decide it.
6) Cavernario & Mr. Niebla b Cachorro & La Máscara
Rudos took 2/3, with a foul on Cachorro and a cavernaria on Mascara
Back to just having shows.
Ludark made it to the final of Queen of the Deathmatch tournament.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob has highlights of mid September 2001 CMLL.
Aeroboy talks about his deathmatch tournament experience.
Lucha Libre In Japan
06/28 NJPW: Jushin Liger, Mascara Dorada [O] b Tiger Mask [X] & Fuego
06/29 NJPW: Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV, Mascara Dorada [O] b Fuego, BUSHI, Yohei Komatsu [X]
Mascara Dorada getting actual wins! Over rookies and guys from CMLL they brought over just to get Dorada some wins, but still…
CMLL (SUN) 07/06/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Molotov & Star Jr. vs Akuma & Cholo
2) Astral, Fantasy, Stukita vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Oro Jr., Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Boby Zavala, Metálico, Misterioso Jr.
4) Tritón vs Skándalo [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Euforia, Kamaitachi, Okumura
6) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Volador Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Mr. Niebla
Dragon Rojo not with Polvora and Rey Escorpion, so maybe things will go better? Seems like next week should be the Coliseo Tag Team title match, but also seems like next week should be a visit to Arena Mexico.
CMLL (SUN) 07/06/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Reycko vs El Piraña
2) El Tapatío & Meteoro vs Ángel del Mal & Relampago Azul
3) El Brillante & El Divino vs Jocker & Thunder Boy
4) León Blanco vs Espectrum
5) Titán vs Cachorro, Black Panther, Stuka Jr., Gallo, Terrible, Rey Bucanero, Cavernario, Hechicero, Maléfico [cibernetico]
First Thunder Boy match in about a year. That could be a fun cibernetico.
AAA TV (FRI) 06/27/2014 Auditorio General José María Arteaga, Querétaro, Querétaro [@manayk, AAA]
0) Angel Rebelde, Gremlin, Optimus b Castigador, Dark Crazy, Drabek
locals dark match
1) Dinastía, Mascarita Sagrada, Mini Drago b Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Charly Manson, Mini Psycho Clown
Dinastia beat Mini Psycho Clown
2) Argos, Carta Brava, El Apache, Súper Fly b Aerostar, Argenis, Ludxor, Venum
Super Fly actually beat Aerostar with a super powerbomb when Aerostar tried his top rope huracanrana.
3) Bengala, Drago, Fénix b Daga, Eterno, Steve Pain
Fenix beat Daga with multiple head drops. Fenix felt he should get a title shot for beating Daga. Bengala pointed out he was the one who won a title shot, so Fenix has got to wait. Fenix suggested he put up his Fusion title on the line in the cruiserweight title match (unifying it with the Cruiserweight one) to make it fair. Bengala accepted that, but Daga demanded Eterno & Steve Pain be allowed to be in his corner in the match, and the match take place at TripleMania. Aerostar did not appear to get a vote in this.
4) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr.
Crowd chanted for Pentagon and Pentagon ripped up Suicide’s mask, but the tecnicos came back to win with Jack’s 630 senton on Pentagon.
5) Electroshock, Myzteziz, Psycho Clown b Averno, Jeff Jarrett, Texano
Electroshock hit Jarrett with a guitar for the win, then challenged him to a hair match.
Air Date: 07/05
I doubt Jeff Jarrett and Electroshock are actually having a hair match – though Jarrett could do worse if he wants publicity video for his vanity project – but teasing that direction suggests Mesias isn’t going to be back in time for TripleMania. That’s been one really rough arm injury, I feel bad for him.
AAA hasn’t teased any big apuesta match for Myteziz. Don’t expect we’re going to see one. All star tag it is.
The end product of the unexplained tournament matches is the same multiman match AAA always does for the cruiserweight championship, just with a little random story setting it up and the irrelevant Fusion championship going away. It’s billed as a unification match, but it seems likely we won’t see the belt for the TV show that no longer exists much after TripleMania. Pain and Eterno appear to be in the match, which kind of defeats the point of needing reasons to be in the match, but at least it’s a good match. It’s also almost exactly the match that was originally supposed to happen back in Tuxtla – Daga, Eterno, Steve Pain, Aerostar, Bengala, Axel – when Daga didn’t wrestle. Fenix is a significant upgrade on Axel.
If Daga gets his guys in, Aerostar should ask for his guys to be in.
If that’s the midcard multiman match, maybe Pentagon Jr. versus Australian Suicide will not be? They’re still heading to that mask match and don’t have any other obvious role (though they could be thrown into a match a lot like tonight.)
their Friday night taping stretch on Thursday in Xalapa next week.
CMLL (FRI) 06/27/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Robin & Starman b Inquisidor & Súper Comando
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit DQ Dalys, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
Challenged teased a Seductora/Blanca vs Marcela/Sugehit hair match.
3) Niebla Roja b Guerrero Maya Jr. [lightning]
unannounced bonus match. Roja submitted Maya.
4) Cachorro, Cavernario, Dragon Lee, Negro Casas, Soberano Jr. b Guerrero Negro Jr., Hechicero, Star Jr., Súper Halcón Jr., Virus [En Busca de un Idolo, cibernetico]
Elimination order went Star Jr. (by Cachorro), Soberano Jr. (by Guerrero Negro), Super Halcon (by Cavernario), Cachorro (by Hechicero), Guerrero Negro (by Dragon Lee), Hechicero & Cavernario double pinned, Dragon Lee (by Virus, foul), Virus (by Negro Casas). Negro’s got the winning pin two years in a row.
5) Blue Panther, Titán, Volador Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Rey Escorpión
Ephesto replaced Polvora on Monday. Blue Panther replaced Valiente unannounced. Rey Escorpion and Dragon Rojo had problems in the third fall (and were said to have problems on Sunday), and Volador took advantage to win. Tecnicos took 1/3.
6) Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Shocker b La Sombra, Rush, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Team Atlantis took 2/3. UG and Atlantis traded the first two falls with their holds. In the third, Niebla beat Rush with his feet on the ropes, Sombra tossed his mask to Shocker to draw the DQ, but Shocker just covered him before the ref saw to win. Plenty of challenges post match.
CMLL did not air on Terra last night. There was no explanation from CMLL or Terra. Terra had advertised the airing earlier in the week, and did not reply to inquiries about why the show wasn’t streaming. Terra’s done the same thing when the show actually was pulled from airing. I suspect CMLL decided the show was not to air tonight. (Since Informa did air, CMLL is probably still planning on airing events on Terra, but two events missed like this in the same week is not a good sign.)
It is beyond me why either company couldn’t just say they weren’t airing the show. It’s offensive CMLL refuses to exert the very little effort it would’ve taken just to say “sorry, we’re not going to be on tonight”.
This is a bit unfair, but this sort of thing is why you should probably not buy TripleMania on iPPV live. I’m going to buy it, because I’m a crazy person with a blog. I recommend everyone else just waiting to see if everything went right and then buying it on replay. The good thing with CMLL is their shows are free, so it costs only time. AAA’s iPPV won’t be free (it’s got Pay right there in the name.) I know they’ll give the money again back if it doesn’t work again, but why even bother with it if they can be bothered to prove they can put on the show?
I completely recommend going to TripleMania if you’re close enough to Arena Ciudad de Mexico. If you’re not, maybe go watch SummerSlam, maybe find something else to do a nice summer night. If everything goes right, the show will still be ready for you later. And if it’s not, then you would’ve wasted your evening anyway.
No idea if CMLL will air on Terra this Sunday. Don’t play this Sunday around that either.
back to show
Sombra/Rush vs Niebla/Shocker is the first marketable concept for an anniversary show main event outside of Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero. There’s some obvious problems. It would be X-Fly levels of cynicism to have Shocker put up (and ultimately lose) his hair on two straight CMLL major shows. Namajague did lose his mask and hair in separate matches within a month of each other, so it’s not out of the question. A more palatable solution would be to have Negro Casas in Shocker’s spot (and the most We’ve Learned Nothing! setup would be Sombra/Niebla vs Rush/Casas relevos suicidas, where Sombra & Niebla end up in the apuesta match.) The other problem is trusting Mr. Niebla to make it to the Anniversary show.
Juicio Final seems much more likely to be a random women’s cage. They left it at a tag team apuesta match last night, but CMLL never does those with women and they frequently do the cage match deal. The cage match is never a good match, but it did seem to draw more than people were expecting last time around (Goya Kong’s loss.) The finish is likely to be the same here, with someone no longer needing to cover their face up in photos any more.
The Revolucionarios are breaking up? I have no idea why they would be breaking up, nor am I quite sure which guy would be going tecnico. (Dragon Rojo, maybe? He does have a few more tecnico spots of late.) It seems like a unit that’s better together than they would be apart, and not one I have especially a lot of interest in feuding among themselves.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
La Mascara, who was given the national welterweight championship and teamed with Mistico quickly upon become taking the Mascara name, says he was not given anything just by being part of the Brazo family. (Mascara claims year of training, as if others didn’t train for years.)
DJ Spectro looks back at La Medusa vs La Briosa.
CMLL (FRI) 07/04/2014 Arena México
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero & Raziel
2) La Vaquerita, Lluvia, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, La Seductora, Tiffany
3) Máximo, Rey Cometa, Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Tiger, Vangellys
4) Diamante Azul vs Terrible [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Titán, Valiente vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Shocker
The top two feuds keep on going. Note the women’s match includes Seductora and Sugehit but not Blanca and Marcela, which is the opening to include even more people (or, much less likely, just switch it to a Sugehit/Seductora feud.) The opener looks good but hasn’t even been exactly the match it could’ve been because of the restrictions put on openers.
indy (SAT) 07/19/2014 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Broken Clown, Dave The Clown, Rothen Clown vs Canek Jr., Hijo del Fishman, Killer Jr.
2) Rayostar & Skyman vs Fly Star & Toxin Boy
3) Puma (CMLL) & Trauma I vs Tiger & Trauma II [Relevos Increíbles]
4) Felino, Heavy Metal, Negro Casas vs Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Pirata Morgan
The relevos increibles should be interesting. Main event could be good.
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-05-31
taped 2014-05-23 @ Arena México
Cavernario, Dragon Lee, Negro Casas vs Cachorro, Hechicero, Virus
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
AAA on Televisa: 2014-05-31
CMLL on Terra: 2014-06-01 – I probably should be including the Sunday Terra on this list for clarity. Titan/Roja was good but didn’t quite make it.
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-05-31
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2014-05-31
Matches To Watch Later
CMLL Puebla: 2014-06-02
taped 2014-05-19 @ Arena Puebla
Fuego, Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Cancerbero, Kamaitachi, Raziel:
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-06-01
taped 2014-05-28 @ Arena Naucalpan
Black Terry, Bombero Infernal, Fuerza Guerrera, Ojo De Tigre, Pantera, Tony Rivera vs Golden Magic, Guerrero Mixtico, Impulso, Ursus, Voltar, Zoom Driver [Copa Higher Power]:
(I’ve already forgetten if there was anything else on the trainee show to watch. I don’t know if THIS is any good, but I want to see the students in this situation.)
IWRG (WED) 06/25/2014 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG, The Gladiatores]
1) Sky Ángel b Electro Boy
2) Alfa & Omega b Hijo De La Bestia & Kaling Black
3) Ciclon Black & Dragón Celestial b Anubis Black & Zurdog
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Alan Extreme, Emperador Azteca, Metaleon
Oficials took 1/3.
5) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Relámpago b Apolo Estrada Jr., Guerrero Mixtico, Tony Rivera
Tecnicos took 1/3, Cerebro beating Apolo to continue their feud.
Very low attendance for this show. Show was taped, but there seems to be a lot of IWRG taped that doesn’t make air anywhere.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico show is highlighted by the En Busca de un Idolo epilogue ciberentico. All eight finalists and the two trainers face off. (Hechicero gets another shot at Negro Casas!) Last year’s ciberentico came down to Negro Casas defeating Virus and the year before had Ultimo Guerrero defeat Atlantis, so the actual finalists in this tournament haven’t fared well and it’s unlikely to be different with a group of novatos. Still, not sure there’s too much sense in complaining about a possible Casas/Virus finishing sequence.
The actual main event has that Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero feud continuing on. CMLL’s been pushing both the Juicio Final show on 08/01 and the idea of Atlantis/UG needing a date strong, likely hoping fans will connect the doubts. I’m highly doubtful CMLL would actually run the show on that date, but any major mask match happening in about five weeks would need to start being advertised. (This is probably more an issue for Princesa Blanca and Princesa Sugehit, who’ve made mask vs hair challenges elsewhere but not in the middle of the ring yet.) Rush & La Sombra team with Ultimo Guerrero and Mr. Niebla & Shocker team with Atlantis to keep the other feuds going, though it might be time for something of a pivot – if Los Indeseables (/Ingobernables) are meant to be something other than straight rudos, then maybe they need to feud with other rudos and go after the Guerreros trios titles.
AAA continues a stretch of Friday night tapings in Queretaro. This is a Jeff Jarrett appearance, who appeared on TV last week with a video promo this past week building facing Electroshock in this match. If there’s a plan to do anything more than the usual all star tag with Jarrett this year, it probably starts here since he may not be back again for a while. This is more likely just a show to pass the time until AAA gets a little bit closer to TripleMania, but it’s still a very attractive card: Los Angeles de Lucha Libre face Pentagon Jr., Fantasma and Pirata Morgan, Anarquia take on Bengala, Drago and Fenix and Los Cadetes del Espacio (& Argenis) face Argos, Carta Brava, Super Fly and Apache in three possibly great (or Great) matches. We all love the En Bsuca deun Idolo matches here, but it’s quite likely the best fight tonight in lucha libre land will take place on the AAA show – they’ve got more matches with a shot of being the best. The opener is a minis match with no lineup, though AAA did confirm Dinastia will be return for the first time in a while.
AAA will air the top three matches from Puebla on Saturday’s TV show.
Felino will replace Boby Zavala on Tuesday.
Apolo Valdes talks about Los Indeseables and the history of other tweener luchadors/groups in lucha libre.
Segunda Caida reviews Blue Panther, Valiente, Diamante Azul vs Terrible, Vangellys, Rey Bucanero from 04/11 and Dos Caras Jr., Negro Casas, Último Dragón vs Olímpico, Rey Bucanero, Tarzan Boy from 2006.
Financial Times does the what is lucha libre piece. Highlights include El Hijo del Santo compare working in the US to slavery, Perro Aguayo Jr. saying he feels like Floyd Mayweather, and Konnan saying only 40 luchadors have ever made big money.
Zeuxis says beating Estrellita is just the first step in a master plan to winning the world title and then expanding her reach to the US. This seems more like a world domination plan when I write it way.
Fantasma talks about his match in Xalapa, says his big achievement in AAA has been making sure Psycho Clown doesn’t win the megatitle. I think Psycho Clown’s been taking care of that himself.
Violento Jack talks about his DTU title reign so far.
The promotion that used to run shows in Arena Xalapa have now moved to Arena Valladolid just outside the city. The AAA affiliated shows now in Xalapa seem to be promoted by a different local lucahdor; I think there’s at least three groups around Xalapa right now.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: last Friday from Puebla, with the Psycho Clown/Texano announcement. Probably top 3, but they’re opt to do unusual things on these one show tapings (which will be the norm for the next few weeks.) No UTDN shows listed on the schedule for the immediate future.
== CMLL ==
FOX2: Leyenda de Azul was the only match they promoted for the show, but it’s been a while since they’ve had one match go an hour so probably the tercera cut to shreds (instead of, say, the news section from Informa.)
52MX: More of the Stuka/Malefico build, Atlanits/Titan/Marco vs Guerreros
Claro: The show no one (but the 1000 so people in the building saw) – Revolucionarios vs Maximo/Porky/Volador, Panther/Ephesto hopefully.
C3: Fuego/Maximo/Valiente vs Invasors. Is going to be one of those weeks with a little too much Maximo?
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Atlantis vs Rey Escorpion, Minis/local cibernetico.
Lucha Azteca: Rush/Shocker vs Mascara/Rush.
Terra Friday: En Busca de un Idolo cibernetico. I’m guessing this might be only three matches, not the usual four (or five!)
Terra Sunday: If they can get it to air, Marco, Maximo, Volador vs Revolucionarios. Oro/Metalico continues on in the undercard, adn somehow I still have Angel de Oro listed in two matches?
== Other ==
Noches de Coliseo: They’re sticking with Tuesday shows of late, so more Mr. Nice. Plenty of Flammers.
IWRG (LAS/AYM): last Sunday’s episodes has already started to air – in some bad video quality even by this show’s standards.
Marisela Pena says TripleMania will be on iPPV. No other details are known. When Marisela says something, that’s usually what’s happening, but I’m still skeptical this thing is going to come off. It’s not the complete failure last year, it’s doing nothing since to show they’re going to get it right this time.
Last night’s Tercera Caida included Rafael el Maya as guest. They split up his after the show interview into a lot of small segments: his pick for best current referee, refereeing Blue Panther vs Villano V and Atlantis vs Villano III, which luchador is toughest to referee, and the worst error a referee can make. There’s more too on the channel. +LuchaTV also has a bit on
Aerostar Aeroboy at the tournament of death.
Last night’s CMLL Informa had Dark Angel, Cavernario, Negro Casas and Mr. Niebla talking. They had Puebla highlights in HD and I was very jealous.
Daga & Super Fly beat Argenis & Fenix in Monterrey, with Daga and Fenix challenging each other to a singles match. I don’t have a record of them actually ever doing that fairly obvious singles match, which is very consistent with AAA’s booking.
Rob has highlights of 04/04/14 CMLL.
ChilangaMask announced Black Terry vs Aeroboy for their 07/20 show. That rematch had been announced for the last canceled show.
Sombra now says his group’s name is Ingobernables. Which means CMLL will just use both names.
Argenis talks about his trios match against Argos in Queretaro.
Black Hangman I unmasked Krimen in Cuernavaca.
CMLL (TUE) 07/01/2014 Arena México
1) Flyer & Sensei vs El Rebelde & Espanto Jr.
2) Angelito, Bam Bam, Eléctrico vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Violencia
3) Cachorro, Dragon Lee, Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Skándalo
4) Estrellita © vs Zeuxis [MEX WOMEN]
Estrellita’s fifth defense.
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Marco Corleone vs Boby Zavala, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión
6) Ángel de Oro, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Ephesto, Euforia, Hechicero
Main event Hechicero, possibly trying to get something out of Angel de Oro. Delta & Maya’s random Tuesday partner comes up Marco. Bam Bam’s being booked all the time now, it’s so odd.
- Psycho Clown will put his mask against Texano Jr.’s hair at TripleMania. The match will be one of the biggest matches on the show, and is the only match so far announced. (Tickets are already on sale.) The two have been feuding since just after last year’s TripleMania, with Texano winning every meaningful singles match and is expected to come to an end at this show. It seems likely Psycho will finally get his win, in an effort to give him a big moment on the biggest show of AAA’s year, though that would also mean the Texano would lose on the biggest show of the year and still be world champion.
- Cavernario won the near three month long En Busca de un Idolo tournament, defeating Hechicero in a strong final following a very good tournament. Dragon Lee finished third, Cachorro finished four, but all four looked very good through the tournament. The final of the tournament got over strong with the fans, despite the relatively low visibility of the build – the tournament does not air on TV, only airing live and available after the fact in unauthorized locations, so you’d have to be a hardcore fan to follow it, much less care – and it felt like CMLL might have created new rising stars. It depends on where they go from here, and that much isn’t clear. For now, all ten participants in the tournament will meet in a cibernetico this Friday.
- The actual CMLL main event storylines continues to focus on the Indeserable trio of La Sombra, Rush and La Mascara versus everyone. One week after Sombra became double world champion, Rush & Mascara lost their world tag team titles to Negro Casas & Rush cleanly. Rush and Casas are still scheduled for a hair match, but there’s been no suggestion anything definite involving the Indeserable trio is happening soon. CMLL has been pushing a Juicio Final show, but has a variety of midcard and lower feuds (Oro/Metalico & Sugehit/Blanca most notably) which could instead climax on that show.
- CMLL has turned up the heat on the Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero feud. Atlantis cheated to beat Ultimo Guerrero to win the Leyenda de Azul tournament. Guerrero continues to demand CMLL announce a date for their already signed mask match.
- AAA announced lineups for many future tapings. Absolutely nothing of note appears to be happening on any of them; the schedule suggests the rest of TripleMania might be set up on the Tehuacan taping on 07/21.
- Mephisto was scheduled for a title defense, but suffered a knee injury a few days prior. His return date is unknown, but they went out of their way to not strip him of the title yet so there’s likely hope he’ll be back for the Universal tournament. (Likewise, still nothing said about Mistico II’s title.)
- Cavernario followed up his En Busca de un Idolo win by defeating Black Metal for his mask in a cage of death match two days later.
- Asturiano and Pequeno Black Warrior, who’ve been feuding for the last month in a half, will have a mask vs hair match in Arena Puebla as that building’s Anniversary main event.
- Los Oficials picked up the tag team titles in IWRG, and Arkangel beat Gallo to win his back the FULL (Chile) belt.
- People who kept their titles: Golden Magic, Virus, Titan, Rey Escorpion
- Super Crazy, Jinzo, Rocky Lobo (NOAH), Mascara Dorada, Fuego (CMLL) and La Comandante (REINA) are all out in Japan on various tours. Nieto del Santo is also in Japan w/NOAH, though still not having matches.
CMLL (TUE) 06/24/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Metatrón & Molotov b Camorra & Zayco
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Soberano Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. b Canelo Casas, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Goya Kong, Lluvia
Rudas took 1/3, Zeuxis beating Estrellita with La Roca. That does set up a title match next week.
4) Arkángel de la Muerte b Gallo © [FULL HEAVY]
Seconds were Metatron and Isis. Arkangel won the title back by taking falls 2/3, the last win set up by an Isis distraction. Gallo falls on second defense.
5) Stuka Jr., Super Porky, Tritón b Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Rudos took 2/3, using Porky’s weight on Stuka and Triton to set up the win.
6) Fuego, Máximo, Valiente b Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Ripper
Tecnicos took 1/3
Hooray Arkangel won so this can be done. I’m sure the Gallo/Arkangel mask match will happen right after the Ultimo Dragon/Arkangel one they were going on about for years.
I don’t want to point this out, because Zeuxis going for a title is fun, but how is the Puerto Rician luchadora challenging for an only Mexican championship? (Zeuxis is really half Mexican so it’s actually fine, but that’s not the way they’ve presented her of late.)
CMLL (TUE) 06/24/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Infierno & Ráfaga b El Divino & Leo
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito, Relampago b Astral, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito
Relampago replaced Pequeno Olimpico, Fantasy replaced Meteoro (who was around and in photos.) Rudos took 1/3.
3) Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca b La Vaquerita, Marcela, Silueta
Rudas took 1/3.
4) Cavernario & Titán b Cachorro & Gran Guerrero [seeding battle royal]
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush DQ Euforia, Niebla Roja, Shocker
Tecnicos took 1/3 when Shocker fouled Mascara. Rush attacked Shocker after the match.
6) Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero b Blue Panther & Cachorro [Copa Express, semifinal]
7) Atlantis & Titán b Cavernario & Mr. Niebla [Copa Express, semifinal]
8) Atlantis & Titán DQ Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero [Copa Express, final]
UG fouled Atlantis.
Fouls and rudo victories all over this card. I’m assuming La Mascara had the foul coming.
Black Metal & Gallo beat Barbaro Cavernario & Sadico to win Copa Express last year.
Ludark Shaitan is in the US this weekend for IWA-MS’s Queen of the Deathmatch tournament. That sounds like something she would do very well in; the interview mentions she got in on Necro Butcher’s recommendation.
Psycho Clown, Fenix, Texano Jr. and Pentagon Jr. appeared at AAA Queretaro press conference for Friday’s taping. Psycho wants the ref at TripleMania not to be Tirantes or Maya – he should probably pick someone he trusts rather than let a third evil referee come in. (This would actually be a good spot for someone like Octagon as guest referee, though he doesn’t seem like a guy who’d like getting down and back up to count pinfalls and staying in the background for most of the match. That kind of character though.)
CMLL announced Fuego’s trip to NJPW. It’s his third trip – besides FantasticaMania, he had that one appearance in Mr. Cacao’s promotion – and he talks a little bit about wanting to put on a good performance even against normal ally Mascara Dorada. CMLL explains Dorada’s continued NJPW stint, saying Dorada was originally supposed to come back to Mexico but NJPW really wanted to him to stay for one more tour. I think it’s possible there’s more going on here.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news report.
Sickboy & Pagano defeated Head Hunter I & Psicotico in the main event of NGX’s latest show.
Cronicas Y Leyendas writes about Mil Máscaras, Lizmark, Valente Fernandez vs Angel Blanco, Angel Blanco Jr., Sangre Chicana.
Segunda Caida watches Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Tarzan Boy vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Mistico, El Hijo Del Santo
Mil Mascaras, Dos Caras, and Sicodelico will appear on a panel discussion this Sunday. I wonder if they’ll discuss if lucha libre was better in their day.
Charles Lucero promo on his match with Black Terry.
Atomic Star can no longer have a mask vs man match with Latigo, but still can make challenges.
A show in Tulancingo on Sunday includes a tryout/young luchador judging competition for prizes (put up by the local government.)
CMLL (MON) 06/30/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Milenium, Paris vs Centauro de Fuego, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr.
2) Pegasso, Starman, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Stigma vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Virus
4) Asturiano vs Pequeño Warrior [mask, hair]
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky vs Euforia, Pierroth, Último Guerrero
6) Shocker vs Rush
Rush has beaten Shocker in every singles match. Still thinking Asturiano is going to win, but definitely would be sad if he lost. That semimain has little hope.
CMLL (TUE) 07/01/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metatrón & Omar Brunetti vs Acertijo & Évola
2) Magnus, Starman, Stigma vs Demonio Maya, El Yaqui, Ráfaga
3) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany
4) Stuka Jr. © vs Maléfico [OCCIDENTE LH]
Stuka is champion, first defense
5) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Solar I vs Gran Guerrero, Negro Navarro, Shocker
6) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero have had 20 billed singles matches. Atlantis has won 10, Guerrero has won 8, and two have no known result. Atlantis is 3-1 in this building, the last win coming eleven months ago.
They’re not getting a lot out of Navarro & Solar’s yearly appearance by teaming them with Gran Guerrero and La Mascara. Omar Brunetti is the now former Black Metal. Using a real name (or a real looking name) is actually a good way to stand out. Brunetti was interviewed in Noroeste, saying Apolo Dantes and Satanico praised the eight guys in the cage match, and especially the last two, for their performance in the cage match.
IWRG (SUN) 06/29/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Metaleon vs Anubis Black
2) Emperador Azteca & Imposible vs Rayan & Spartan
3) Apolo Estrada Jr. © vs Dr. Cerebro [WWS WELTER]
Apolo’s second defense.
4) Hijo De Dos Caras vs Hijo de Máscara Año 2000
5) Relámpago, Veneno, Villano IV vs Canis Lupus, Demon Clown, Fuerza Guerrera
Poster mispells (“SWS”) the prestigious championship Apolo Estrada holds. There’s really not that many people on this show.
IWRG AAA (WED) 07/02/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Emperador Azteca & Látigo vs Anubis Black & Zurdog
2) Alan Extreme, Diva Salvaje, Imposible vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
3) Golden Magic, Hijo De Dos Caras, Súper Nova vs Demon Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
4) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Eterno, Pirata Morgan, Texano Jr.
5) La Parka & Myzteziz vs Averno & Black Warrior
AAA posted the top 3 matches last week (though Eterno has since replaced Trauma I.) Tercera could be really good. First 100 kids (with an adult ticket) get in free, which seems unnecssary because this should easily sell out.