CMLL (TUE) 05/06/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Molotov & Robin b Akuma & Espiritu Negro
tecnicos took /23
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Inquisidor b Metálico, Oro Jr., Sensei
Rudos took 1/3, after Oro Jr. accidentally hit Metalico. Metalico, still in a shoulder brace, went crazy on Oro Jr. after the match.
3) Astral, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito COR Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico
Tecnicos took 2/3, the last by countout after a triple dive. They were allowed to do (multiple) dives because they were in the tercera.
4) Star Jr. b Cavernario [En Busca de un Idolo]
4) Cavernario b Star Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Blue Panther was guest judge. Cavernario defeated Star Jr. in a back superplex flipped into a faceslam. Cavernario scored a 8, 8, 10 and 7 for 33. Star Jr. scored a 6, 7, 7, 9 for a 29.
5) Hechicero b Súper Halcón Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Hechicero won with a camel clutch. Hechicero scored a 7, 7, 8, and 8 for a 30. Super Halcon Jr. score a 5, 5, 6, and 4.
6) Herodes Jr., Terrible, Vangellys b Sagrado, Stuka Jr., Super Porky
Sagrado replaced Mistico. Rudos took 2/3.
7) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Euforia, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
Rey Bucanero replaced Niebla Roja on Monday. UG planned on jumping Atlantis, but Atlantis got the drop on him. UG still pulled Atlantis’s mask for the first fall DQ. Rudos took fall 2. Delta & Maya beat Bucanero & Euforia in the third.
Terra’s feed was a second of action followed by five seconds of a still image for the first two and a half matches. They restarted the stream in the tercera and everything was fine after that.
Metalico & Oro Jr. feuded at the end of the En Busca de un Idolo qualifying cibernetico. Metalico’s been out of action since then, and is till not 100%, but they definitely were picking back on that in this match. This seems like a much more promising feud than Metalico’s previous one with Hijo del Signo.
Star Jr. & Cavernario was easily the better match of the two En Busca de un Idolo matches. Hechicero went more rudo in his match, as the judges had demanded, and ended up with a below average judges score. He also had to deal with Super Halcon Jr., who is not helping himself or anyone else.
En Busca standings before fan poll: Hechicero 375 Cavernario 296 Soberano 266 Star 244 Cachorro 247 G. Negro 239 Lee 234 Halcón 220
— TKD 117 (@TKD_117) May 7, 2014
How would’ve the semimain worked had Mistico not suffered a motorcycle accident? Herodes Jr. would’ve worked with him?
CMLL (TUE) 05/06/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Black Metal b Acertijo
2) Camorra, El Cuatrero, Sansón b Sky Kid, Smaker, Stigma
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Puma & Tiger b Black Panther & Cachorro
Puma & Tiger took 1/3, Puma pulling Cachorro’s mask and Tiger covering him for the win.
4) Felino, Kráneo, Ripper b La Máscara, Titán, Tritón
Rudos took 1/3, Felino defeating Mascara.
5) Diamante Azul b Ráfaga [OCCIDENTE HEAVY]
Diamante Azul is champion and took falls 2/3 to keep the title. First defense.
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush DQ Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Rudos took 2/3, Rojo fouling Marco.
CMLL announced a slight change the TV situation. “Guerreros del Ring”, featuring matches from Guadalajara Tuesdays and Mexico City Sundays has been airing on both 52MX and sister channel Claro Sports. They’re going to split that show into two different shows. 52MX keeps the Guerreros del Ring name, but will broadcast matches from Guadalajara exclusively. Claro Sports gets Titanes del Ring and the Mexico City Sunday matches. This change, including long over due new bumpers for Guerreros del Ring, starts this Saturday. CMLL will now have 7 hours of television a week in Mexico (though it’s impossible to get it all via one provider and there’s also 1 additional hour in the US.) They’re also currently airing about 7 hour of internet TV, with a lot of duplication between the two.
This is a net positive for people who like to watch things I upload onto the internet. CMLL has been taping the complete Guadalajara shows, and now two more of those matches will make air. I won’t have access to the Claro Sports show – it doesn’t have a US feed and it’s only on Dish, Megacable and MasTV in Mexico – but all those matches already air on the Terra internet show. (The US version of 52MX gets a few more repeats of Guerreros del Ring than airs in Mexico; ideally they’d replace one of them with the Claro Sports show, but it’s never worked out that way.) There will be some weeks where the Terra feed has some issue and some matches may go missing, but it’s more content most weeks. CMLL has clearly picked (over)saturation over strength and taking any money they can get from slicing up their live content as many ways as possible. This doesn’t seem to do anything to help CMLL’s overall situation but maybe put a few more pesos in someone’s pocket. If you like picking thru the matches, then you might be able to find something more interesting.
The CMLL press release lists the Tuesday Terra broadcast as if it’s ongoing and not just until the end of En Busca de un Idolo. I assume it still is a temporary situation, but maybe it’s something to keep in mind in a couple weeks.
This 05/17 show in New Mexico is not noteworthy in itself, but it’s part of a trend of a crew of Ciudad Juarez luchadors working a wide variety of United States locations the last few months. They’re using the Border Wrestling Association name; Albert has more posters here. Some of the guys who wrestle in Juarez have also turned up on Saturday in Arizona, Colorado and Georgia before returning to Texas or Chihuahua on Sundays. It doesn’t seem like enough to be a full time job, but they’ve figured out something.
Mistico continues posting photos of his damaged leg, this time saying he had four screws placed in, but vowed to return to “1000%” in a few months.
Segunda Caida reviews La Máscara, Rush, Titán vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas.
An Aeroboy vs Black Terry rematch has been added to the 05/25 ChilangaMask show.
LuchaMania has a Sin Cara interview.
Video interview with Los Revolucionarios.
Pasion Kristal talks about being on the Villahermosa taping.
A fake Hijo del Fishman! Why would you be a fake Hijo del Fishman? If you’re going to lie, lie bigger than that.
CMLL (TUE) 05/13/2014 Arena México
1) Acero & Fantasy vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Violencia
2) Metálico, Oro Jr., Stigma vs Canelo Casas, Disturbio, El Rebelde
3) Estrellita, Marcela, Skadi vs Dalys, La Comandante, Zeuxis
4) Cavernario vs Guerrero Negro Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Dragon Lee vs Súper Halcón Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Blue Panther, Fuego, Rey Cometa vs Boby Zavala, Terrible, Vangellys
7) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Main event we were supposed to get this week! Will they finally do the title match on the 20th?
Guerrero Negro Jr., incredibly, is still on the fringes of the top four. He could really use the win. Super Halcon Jr. is not on the fringes of anything.
Will Metalico’s turn take longer than the Princesa Sugehit?
CMLL (TUE) 05/13/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Virgo vs Demonio Rojo & Sádico
2) Black Metal & Leo vs Artillero & Súper Comando
3) Black Panther, Stuka Jr., Tritón vs Kamaitachi, Magnum, Shigeo Okumura
4) Gallo vs Sangre Azteca [lightning]
5) Metatrón & Sagrado vs Puma & Tiger and Sky Kid & Smaker and El Cuatrero & Sansón
6) Máscara Dorada, Titán, Volador Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Semimain is a brothers tag team tournament. Main event looks very good. It’s only the second time Metatron & Sagrado have teamed up. Presumably the top 3 matches will air, but that’s going to take a week to figure out.