taped 2013-04-06 @ Arena Lopez Mateos
Read the rest of this entry »
CMLL (TUE) 05/21/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Espanto Jr. & Herodes Jr. b Fresbee & Magnus
2) Amapola, Mima Shimoda, Tiffany b Goya Kong, Lady Afrodita, Luna Mágica
Listed as Lluvia’s return from knee surgery, but Goya Kong took her spot.
3) Cancerbero, Hijo del Signo, Virus DQ Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Sagrado
Straight falls for the tecnicos. Cancerbero pulled Hombre Bala’s mask for the DQ.
4) Delta, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Boby Zavala, Disturbio, Vangellys
Rudo side was originally Morphosis, Olimpico and Puma. Unclear why the trio change. Tecnicos took 1/3, Fuego beating Vangellys with a hurracanrana.
5) Hijo del Fantasma b Misterioso Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
first match for both. Hijo del Fantasma won with a Phantom Attack into a reverse short armscissors in nine minutes. Fantasma scored a 9 (Porky), 7 (UG), 7 (Salazar), 4 (Tirantes) for a 27. Misterioso, who made it clear he had no interest in anything the judges had to say and tried to intimidate Tirantes after his poor assessment, scored a 5/6/3/1 for a 15.
6) Valiente b Sangre Azteca [En Busca de un Idolo]
Strong match, Sangre Azteca looking very motivated. He landed all his big moves, Valiente survived, Sangre escaped one Valiente Buster but not the second. Valiente scored a 10, 9, 8, 4 (Tirantes calling this his highest score) for a 31 and appears to be a favorite. Sangre Azteca scored a 8, 7, 5, 3 for a 23.
7) Diamante Azul, Mistico, Thunder b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
Blue Panther was announced, but replaced within hours by Thunder. Bucanero and Azul are feuding here as well.
About a week ago, Lluvia found out she was booked for this show via Goya Kong twitter message and said her knee was still hurting and she would talk to Colombo about it. So…why was she ever listed as wrestling? CMLL makes no sense.
Valiente is the prohibitive favorite to win En Busca de un Idolo after just one week. The judges love him and he’s getting enough polling support to score well from there as well. He should have no problem winning matches, but will advance even if he doesn’t. The other three finalists will be highly determined by the polling results. Those haven’t been announced for this week, but Misterioso is leading despite losing and getting savaged by the judges. Three more weeks of that, and he’s moving on anyway.
CMLL (TUE) 05/21/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Espectrum & Infierno b Leo & Metatrón
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Ráfaga & Raziel b Black Metal & Stigma
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Bárbaro Cavernario, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura b Gallo, Starman, Tritón
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis b Máscara Dorada, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr.
National trios champions in non-title match. Rudo champs took 1/3, Psicosis beating Mascara Dorada.
5) Atlantis, Máximo, Rush DQ Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Mr. Niebla
Mr. Niebla replaced Ultimo Guerrero, announced ahead of time, because UG had judging duties. Tecnicos took 2/3. Niebla fouled Atlantis in the third.
IWRG announced tomorrow’s weekly Thursday show is canceled. No reason has been given and I can’t think of the last time IWRG has announced a show and canceled it. They’ve skipped some shows, but usually just don’t even mention they’re skipping them.) The main event was due to be Dinamic Black, Trauma I, Veneno versus Canis Lupus, Carta Brava Jr., Oficial 911, with a Hijo del Pirata Morgan vs Eterno semimain.
A local article on Friday’s taping in Tampico lists Eclipse (not that one) in Freelance’s spot and El Patriarca in Eita’s spot in the opener. Patriarca has worked for local promotion KBW in the area (including their shows with AAA & DTU luchadors). There’s an Eclipse who’s worked for that group, but less frequently.
Tercera Caida says they’ll be airing the fourway between Hijo de Perro Aguayo, Canek, Dr. Wagner Jr. and Blue Demon today. They’re on at 9, after a new episode of Fusion at 8. CMLL Puebla, which was pre-empted at least in part on Monday due to news coverage, repeats at 2AM and 10:30AM on Thursday and the bandit TVC Deportes feed is back working.
Jack Evans is no fan of Silver King. He apparently explain in more depth on Facebook, explaining Silver King pretends to be a good guy, but is really a guy constantly causing trouble, ratting out the locker room to the AAA office except he’s also exaggerating the stories he’s telling, to try and get ahead. Jack’s not even totally angry about Silver King’s “rat” behavior, but Silver King pretending he’s not a rat.
Lucha Libre in Japan
05/22 NJPW: Titan & Barreta [O] b BUSHI & Hirmou Takahashi [X]
Titan again promised to bring home a good result for CMLL. Holding him to it! Tournament starts early Friday morning.
- Cronicas y Leyendas remembers obscure short run NWA Middleweight champion El Jalisco.
- AAA posted part two of it’s an interview with Crazy Boy & Nino Hamburguesa.
- A TV Azteca show is using the Trauma’s masks for characters. Don’t anger the Traumas.
- Rico Rodriguez talks about his upcoming 15th Anniversary show.
IWRG (SUN) 05/26/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Ángel Del Amor & Galaxie vs Dragón Celestial & Fulgor
2) Chico Che, Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic vs Alan Extreme, Apolo Estrada Jr., Imposible
3) Dinamic Black, Fenix (AAA), Trauma II vs Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Pentagón Jr.
4) Negro Navarro & Trauma I vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan [IWRG IC TAG]
Navarro & Trauma are champs. Seventh defense, first against the team they beat for the titles.
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Último Gladiador, X-Fly
This is the show which is moved to 4pm to avoid the America vs Cruz Azul LigaMX final (starts at 9pm.) Perhaps an early start will better allow LAS and AYM to air the show in some sort of professional fashion?
CMLL (MON) 05/27/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Blue Center & Centauro de Fuego vs Akrón & Siki Osama
2) Camaleón, Höruz, Leono vs Disturbio, Nitro, Nosferatu
3) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Boby Zavala, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma vs Felino, Mephisto, Negro Casas
5) Atlantis, Máximo, Rush vs Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
CMLL hasn’t posted this yet, but the Puebla commission tweeted it out. (It’d be neat if they covered other Puebla shows as well.) No Azul or Bucanero after their challenge last week.
TxT (SAT) 06/22/2013 Gimnasio Juan De La Barrera
1) Dinamic Black & Imposible vs Golden Magic & Poseidon (TxT)
2) La Chola & Rossy Moreno vs Esther Moreno & Lady Apache
3) Súper Muñeco, Súper Pinocho, Súper Ratón vs Black Terry, Scorpio Jr., Shu el Guerrero [WWA TRIOS]
Trio Fantasy are champions. Appears to be second defense.
4) Blue Demon Jr. & El Hijo Del Santo vs Heddi Karaoui & Zumbi [PWR TAG]
Santo & Demon’s first defense
5) Rayo de Jalisco Jr. & Universo 2000 vs Canek & Máscara Año 2000 and LA Park & Super Parka and Pirata Morgan & Villano IV [ruleta de la muerte]
This ruleta de la muerte can only go better than last one. All the hair guys in the pairs are plausible losers, though one would assume Super Parka wouldn’t mind a payoff for losing his hair given how hard Volador Jr. is working to raise money for him.
The big missing name is Dr. Wagner Jr. Hijo del Santo posted a Twitter message after the last show implying Wagner was leaving (saying the door would be open to a return) and he’s not on this card. Meanwhile, Wagner has continued to appear on cards with AAA luchadors and AAA is promoting a big name surprise for their taping in Toluca next Thursday. The darkened silhouette on the poster for the show even looks like Dr. Wagner. I am not able to confirm this right now, but I believe there’s a fairly strong chance Dr. Wagner Jr. will be back in AAA in Toluca and appear on TripleMania.
It’s always been much more likely Wagner would return to AAA than CMLL – he’s still under contract to AAA, the people at the very top of CMLL don’t want him, and he can still work indies while working for AAA. It’d be interesting to see how Wagner spins this – a new deal with AAA? the continued tease of jumping to CMLL in September (still not happening)? – but he’ll probably end up okay because he always does.
- Long time US lucha libre promoter Rocky Roman passed away.
- TxT’s monthly show was main evented by a LA Park vs Dr. Wagner no DQ match. It was the usual crazy brawl with a finish where both men claim the won the match (though Park was the one actually declared a winner.) The implied mask vs mask post match signing didn’t happen, for LA Park lost too much blood to appear at the press conference. Park had said the mask match would only happen if they could sell out the 8,000 build they were running in, and they did not come close to selling out. In the days later, Santo hinted Wagner was leaving TxT for now. In the undercard, Esther Moreno won the mask of La Chola in a poorly constructed women’s ruleta de la muerte tournament.
- AAA officially announced the title match for TripleMania: Texano will defend the Mega title against the winner of Chessman and Heavy Metal, which will happen earlier on the day. That joins Perro vs Cibernetico as the only offical matches for TripleMania, though more matches have been hinted at. La Parka has challenges the Villanos for an AAA vs Villanos (or indepdents) match and Blue Demon and Mesias are suddenly feuding, which both seem like matches for TripleMania. Also, Puerto Rico’s WWL has said their two championships will be defended on TripleMania, but AAA hasn’t acknowledged those matches as of yet. A Twitter message posted by AAA’s guy in chargeof social media says TripleMania would be available on PPV, in movie theatres, and on iPPV, but no further details are available.
- CMLL started the second edition of it’s En Busca de un Idolo, this time focusing on “midcarders who’ve not made it.” Valiente, who sure appears to have made it as part of a new top tecnico trio, is the favorite to win and leads the complicated scoring system after 1 week. On the other side, Misteroiso received the lowest scores from the judges after all but telling them off – but he may still be among the leaders due to easily manipulated fan poll component. All matches from the tournament are airing live on the Terra.mx website, and may not air on any of CMLL’s many TV shows. One strange note is Shocker is all over the publicity for the tournament, but is instead off participating on a reality show. Rush has taken his place as coach of the tecnicos, though the coaches have yet to actually be shown participating in the tournament in any way. (CMLL might be planning to do the same weekly half hour shows recapping the tournaments which were run last year, but has not shared this plan with anyone.)
- AAA held two TV tapings, with three more scheduled in the next couple of weeks to fill their 3 hours of weekly TV. Outside of the matches already mentioned, Daga and Axel still seem to be feuding (though a multiman Daga title defense at TripleMania seems more likely) and the lesser Perros del Mal may have started a feud with the new Mirreyes trio.
- New top CMLL rudo Gran Guerrero and Comadante Pierroth made their debut. Gran Guerrero appears to be the former Taurus, who might become a very good luchador eventually but is being placed at the top way too soon. The latest Pierroth appears to be the former Toro Blanco, a 50 year old retired luchador who wasn’t much good 10 years ago. Both looked poor in their debut; Pierroth was just about edited out of his match.
- Marco Corleone will miss 3 to 9 months with a knee injury, suffered in his car accident on the way back from Puebla a couple months ago. Rush & Mistico suffered their own recent car accident on the way to Puebla, but both are saying they’re okay.
- Billy el Malo may be out a year after being a horrendous knife wound by a carjacker (and possibly just as destructive surgery.)
- Shinsuke Nakamura arrived from NJPW in CMLL. CMLL originally teased a Nakamura NJPW IC title match against Rush, but instead seem to be setting up a Sombra/Nakamura rematch on an upcoming Friday night show.
- CMLL luchadors were allowed to work on a show with El Hijo del Santo in Sonora, violating the ban of not working with Santo on shows in Mexico. Brazo de Oro working the show and being head of the luchador union might have had something to do with it, but CMLL overall seems to be weakening on it’s veto.
- A CMLL vs Indepdents show in Coacalco on Sunday sold out the arena (a small tented ring) and had good matches with indecisive finishes. Later that night, Arena Lopez Mateos celebrated it’s 46th Anniversary with a sold out show of it’s own, with Dr. Wagner Jr. besting Canek, Perro Jr. and Blue Demon Jr. in the biggest match of the show.
- WWL also announced they’d be holding another major show in Monterrey on 07/07, which may be an iPPV from Arena Coliseo Monterrey.
- Rey Bucanero vs Diamante Azul in a hair vs mask match was announced for the Arena Puebla Anniversary show, though that date has not been announced.
- Carta Brava Jr. won IWRG’s Junior de Juniors championship and Oficial 911 won the annual IWRG Rey del Ring 30 man match. Both championships were held by Comando Elite’s Factor, who now has no title and no mask.
- Mistico, Volador and Sombra had a title match in Monterrey where Mistico lost the title by time limit draw. Everyone agreed that made no sense.
CMLL (MON) 05/20/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular (cover)]
1) Akron, King Jaguar, Siki Ozama Jr. b Asturiano, Meyer, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Siki Osama beat Asturiano with a Canadian Destroyer. King Jaguar disocated a shoulder on a dive.
2) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma b Hooligan, Nitro, Skándalo
3) Olímpico, Puma, Sangre Azteca b Delta, Sagrado, Tritón
4) Diamante Azul b Rey Bucanero
Azul took falls 2/3, then challenged Bucanero again to a mask vs hair match. Bucanero accepted, and it will main event Arena Puebla’s Anniversary show next month (date not specified.)
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Thunder DQ Felino, Negro Casas, Shinsuke Nakamura
Tecnicos took 2/3, Nakamura pulling Sombra’s mask in the third.
AAA announced two more matches officially for TripleMania: Heavy Metal vs Chessman, with the winner facing Texano Jr. the same night. It’s not the three (or more) way match they seemed to set up, but two separate matches which might take up about the same time. The expected outcome is Metal defeating Chessman and a fresher Texano defeating Metal to keep the title, but they could always do things a little different.
AAA also announced TripleMania will be on regular PPV, will be shown in movie theatres, and be broadcast on iPPV. Hooray, I finally get to give AAA my money. Details on all of those methods are still TBA.
KrisZ revealed the top matches for the AAA TV taping in Leon, just two days before TripleMania:
?) Heavy Metal & Electroshock vs Silver King & Mascara Ano 200 Jr.
?) Canek, Mesias, La Parka vs Texano Jr., Chessman, Villano IV
That suggests Canek isn’t long for the rudo side. This won’t air until after TripleMania, but would allow them to avoid using TripleMania as regular TV footage at least in the short term. If you want to see TripleMania, you’ll probably have to pay for it.
Rey Bucanero is happy Cruz Azul is in the final because he did a lot of rehab there, likes his chances to win against Thunder & Azul today because “sí, son dos gigantes, pero si las torres gemelas cayeron ellos también lo harán.” Friendly advice: don’t use that line again.
Mr. Niebla is listed as returning tonight in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara. He’s taking the place of Ultimo Guerrero, who actually needs to be in Arena Mexico on Tuesday and Friday nights if he’s judging En Busca de un Idolo. (He missed Sunday because they had him booked on a show in Arena Queretaro.) If Mr. Niebla shows up – it’s always an if – it’s his first match in three weeks.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico show has Sangre Azteca vs Valiente and Hijo del Fantasma & Misterioso in En Busca de un Idolo. Azteca, Misterioso and Fantasma have stuck to the same narrow routines in their matches the last few years, especially in lightning matches, and hopefully we might see something new out of them tonight. Those matches should be shown on Terra. No other ongoing feuds, but there’s some good undercard matches.
IWRG’s event on Sunday will start at the early time of 4pm, to avoid running against Mexican Futbol final.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob has highlights of 09/28/12 CMLL.
Bill has highlights of 04/19/12 IWRG.
- En Busca de un Idolo news update says Valiente is not happy with Rush.
- The Arenita wrestling tonight in Arena Aficion is a new one, replacing the one who had that name for year.s
- IWL has a card with 60 luchadors announced for 06/18 in Arena Aficion. That’s a Tuesday night, and the show starts at 8:30pm.
- Cronicas y Leyendas claims Mil Mascaras is the best world champion ever and has a bio of Fray Tormenta.
- An interview with an unmasked Cerebro Maligno.
I wasn’t able to record Terra. GDL did not air – they’re back to airing other shows in it’s time sort, which is never a good sign. IWRG on AYM aired a repeat of last week, aired the first couple minutes of the unaired main event, went to break, and came back with another show. Still no stream for Puebla.
YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7TtUpkmT8wHA2iLt4RLTjiY
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-05-11
taped 2013-04-27 @ Plaza de Toros Belisario Arteaga, Chilpancingo, Guerrero
1) Aerostar, Argenis, Súper Fly vs Bugambilia, Mamba, Pasion Kristal
2) Argenis vs Texano Jr. for the AAA World Heavyweight Championship
3) Fénix, Heavy Metal, La Parka vs Chessman, Parka Negra, Pentagón Jr.
4) Cibernético & El Mesías vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr.
CMLL on Terra: 2013-05-17
taped 2013-05-17 @ Arena Mexico
1) Fuego vs Vangelis in a En Busca de un Idolo match
2) Stuka Jr. vs Tiger in a En Busca de un Idolo match
AAA on Televisa: 2013-05-18
taped 2013-05-12 @ Plaza de Toros, Durango, Durango
1) Angélico, Drago, Jack Evans vs Argos, Chessman, Halloween
2) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Silver King, Texano Jr., Villano IV
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-05-18
taped 2013-05-12 @ Arena Coliseo
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3yapnj
1) Blue Panther vs Virus in a lightning match
2) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky vs Kráneo, Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión
3) Felino, Negro Casas, Shinsuke Nakamura vs Máscara Dorada, Rush, Titán
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-05-18
taped 2013-05-14 @ Arena Mexico
1) Metatrón & Oro Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Zayco
2) Metálico, Soberano Jr., Stigma vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
3) Luna Mágica, Marcela, Silueta vs Mima Shimoda, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
4) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Titán vs Morphosis, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-05-18
taped 2013-05-10 @ Arena Mexico
1) Pegasso & Stigma vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Inquisidor
Intro, part 2
2) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs La Seductora, Mima Shimoda, Tiffany
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Mistico vs Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
CMLL on Televisa: 2013-05-18
taped 2013-05-10 @ Arena Mexico
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2aqdh7
1) Ángel de Oro vs Dragón Rojo Jr. in a lightning match
2) Hijo del Fantasma, Rey Cometa, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada vs Boby Zavala, Comandante Pierroth, Rey Escorpión
La Lucha Se Le Hace (SLP): 2013-05-18
Full Show: http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/1FFWY3MU/#!20130518slp.avi
taped 2013-05-12 @ Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi
1) Brujo Cosmico & Tiger Boy vs Coronel Castro & Sombra Del Misterio
2) Acero Negro, Bala de Plata, El Uniko vs Destructor, Mascara Infernal, Vagabundo
3) Heavy Force & Men vs Fuerza Maligna & Magnifico Del Ring
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-05-19
taped 2013-05-12 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Bob Esponja, Lady Maravilla, Patricio Estrella vs Buzz Lightyear, Chelly Rock, Sky Kid
taped 2013-04-30 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
2) Angel Dorado Jr., Blackman Jr., Kato Kung Lee Jr., Kendo Star Jr. vs Genocida, Iron (Monterrey), Memo Valles, Zayco (Monterrey)
taped 2013-05-14 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
3) Artillero (Monterrey) & Galactar vs Chico Latino & Kaientai
4) Dralion, Huracan Ramirez Jr., Skayde vs Pee Wee, Potro Jr., Tigre Universitario
5) Máscara Púrpura & Super Crazy vs Caifan & Rico Rodriguez
AULL (SUN) 05/19/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring (main), Estrellas del Ring (rest), R de Rudo]
***46th Anniversary show***
1) Beda & Tortugillo Ninja b King Dragon & Meta Dragon and Holkkan & Kiuby [final, nuevo valores]
Finals of previous weekend tag team tournament. Tortuguillo Ninja replaced Spider Boy
2) Chik Tormenta, Judas el Traidor, Pequeño Demonio b Keira, Mini Alebrije, Sepulturero I
3) Yakuza b Flamita, Mike Segura, Sádico, Rey Krystal, Eita, Spider Boy, Freelance [AULL Light]
Yakuza won the vacant championship. He beat Sadico for the win.
4) Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy b Crazy Boy & Joe Lider [UWE TAG]
First defense for Crazy & Marvin. Crowd did not like the match at all, which annoyed Marvin.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. b Canek, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Blue Demon Jr. [Copa Universo]
Brawl all around the building. Wagner and Perro (who bled a lot) stopped fighting each other long enough for Perro to foul Canek to set up the win. Canek was very unhappy. Perro beat Demon with a double stomp; Demon was claiming a back or shoulder injury after the match. Ref got laid out, Perro had Wagner pinned but no count, Canek returned to foul Perro, Wagner added a Wagner Driver for the win.
6) Cerebro Maligno L Chucho el Roto, Leviatham, Zumbi, Aeroboy, Violento Jack, Herejía, Trauma I, Epitafio, Trauma II [cage, mask]
Seven minute period before anyone could leave. Trauma I was first out, followed by Leviatham, Violento Jack, Aeroboy, Epitafio, Trauma II and Herejia, leaving Chucho el Roto & Cerebro Maligno. Herejia tried to come back in to help Maligno, but the commissioner would not allow it. Chucho pinned Cerebro Maligno for the win. Maligno was announced as Marco Antonio Jimenez Jimenez, 30 years old, 8 years a wrestler, originally from Tultitlan, Estado de Mexico.
Reports say this was a full house, and the Coliseo Coacalco also seemed sold out. Arena Mexico was up too.
IWRG (SUN) 05/19/2013 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Seiya b Dragón Celestial
Dragon Celestial suffered a nose injury.
2) Araña de Plata & Fulgore b Astro Rey Jr. & Rayo Tapatío I
Rayo de Tapatio I replaced Serpiente de Oro. It was his first match here since October 2006. Straight fall win by the rudos Plata cheating to beat Astro Rey.
3) Oficial 911 b Tony Rivera, Saruman, Alan Extreme, Rayan, Oficial AK47, Carta Brava Jr., Imposible, Dinamic Black, Avisman, El Sable, Picudo Jr., Spartan, Apolo Estrada Jr., Niko, Eita, Danny Casas, Tomahawk, el Ángel, Canis Lupus, Oficial Fierro, Pantera, Golden Magic, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Cien Caras Jr., Chico Che, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, X-Fly, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Eterno [Rey del Ring]
Tony Rivera, Saruman, Alan Extreme and Rayan started, with other people coming in every two minutes. Apolo Estrada spent the longest time in, Spartan spent the least. Final 3 were 911, Hijo de Pirata, Eterno. Eterno got Hijo de Pirata with a super Styles Clash. 911 and Eterno went back and forth for a while, before 911 won with a backcracker. Factor came to the ring and handed over the belt.
Not a sell out here, though slightly up.
I never got a full lineup for a show in Hermosillo which promoted Hijo del Santo and CMLL luchadors, but it did happen. Expert geographers will note Hermosillo, Sonora is not in the United States. CMLL’s veto of their guys working with Hijo del Santo seems to be lessening by the day.
Bill has highlights of 04/28/13 CMLL.
CMLL (SUN) 05/26/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Höruz & Robin vs Apocalipsis & Zayco
2) Leono & Soberano Jr. vs Disturbio & Raziel
3) Eléctrico vs Shockercito, Bam Bam, Aéreo, Fantasy, Demus 3:16, Pequeño Violencia, Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior [cibernetico]
4) Diamante Azul, Guerrero Maya Jr., Thunder vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Averno, Felino, Negro Casas
Dorada and Casas keep facing off in matches, which seems like it still might end up in a title match.
CMLL has 3 minis champions (Astral has the DF title) and none of them are in their cibernetico, and that’s been the set up to feuds here. Maybe Shockercito versus Violencia back?
CMLL (SUN) 05/26/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante vs El Divino
2) Azteca de Oro & Virgo vs Demonio Rojo & Magnum
3) Metatrón vs Esfinge, Bárbaro Cavernario, Black Metal, Halcón de Plata, El Hippie, Maléfico, Espectrum, Leo, Exterminador, Demonio Maya, Mr. Trueno [cibernetico]
4) Delta, Gallo, La Sombra vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Another random cibernetico.
AAA RCH (THU) 06/27/2013 Arena Naucalpan [KrisZ]
2) La Jarochita & Lolita vs Sexy Lady & Taya Valkyrie
3) Cuervo & Espíritu vs Trauma I & Trauma II
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
5) Cibernético, El Mesías, Electroshock vs Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween
Kris found this one last night. Seems like a TV taping, but the poster doesn’t say that – looks like a sponsor show instead.